Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 26 January 2006

[Thu Jan 26 19:07:47 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jan 26 19:08:39 2006] : (1) DM: You've just arrived in the courtyard of Haldon's wizard tower. The cobbled yard is wet from the heavy rain that's falling and it's not very warm.
[Thu Jan 26 19:09:13 2006] : (1) DM: A short flight of stone steps lead up to a wooden door in the tower.
[Thu Jan 26 19:10:06 2006] : (1) DM: Your horses snort and whinny, uneasy at having just travelled thousands of miles in the blink of an eye.
[Thu Jan 26 19:10:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err, so small wizrd in a glass orb... Where do we go now?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:10:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc mine is still on the celestial plane
[Thu Jan 26 19:10:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, where?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:11:25 2006] : (1) Haldon: "Let's go in. You'll need to knock. It seems my key is not much use." (he smiles wryly)
[Thu Jan 26 19:12:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Knock? Is there someone inside?
[Thu Jan 26 19:12:14 2006] : (1) Haldon: "Oh, you can stable your horses in the stables over there." (he waves to a low stone building leaning against the outerwalls.)
[Thu Jan 26 19:12:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Good"
[Thu Jan 26 19:13:17 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric helps th eothers to stable their horses
[Thu Jan 26 19:13:22 2006] : (1) Haldon: "I do hope so, otherwise we're going to get very wet standing out here. (chuckles) Or rather, you'll get very wet."
[Thu Jan 26 19:13:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to stable her horse
[Thu Jan 26 19:13:51 2006] : (1) Haldon: As you're stabling your horses....
[Thu Jan 26 19:13:55 2006] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Thu Jan 26 19:14:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jan 26 19:14:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Jan 26 19:14:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I've lost the automatisms ;)
[Thu Jan 26 19:15:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc the what?
[Thu Jan 26 19:15:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc whatever, the "where is what" thing
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric waits for the others, then walks towards the door
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Shall we knock then?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Wait'"
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "There a strange noise in that direction"
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne points North
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: oops
[Thu Jan 26 19:16:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "South east"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:10 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "It's coming this way, but i can't really make out what it is"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc /me looks a where you point and what you say...
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "It's wooshing"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:21 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Whooshing?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:27 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What like wings?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:36 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, I think so"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:48 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:52 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Have to be pretty big wings!"
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
[Thu Jan 26 19:17:57 2006] : (1) DM: You can all hear the wing beats approaching.
[Thu Jan 26 19:18:05 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric draws his sword
[Thu Jan 26 19:18:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I have a bad LOtR reminiscence with that noise
[Thu Jan 26 19:18:31 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric is standing readied, looking south east
[Thu Jan 26 19:18:35 2006] : (1) DM: As you all look you see a curious creature fly over the walls.
[Thu Jan 26 19:18:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne prepares her swords
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What a curious creature"
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:17 2006] : (1) DM: It's mostly horse-like with large eagle wings and a fearsome looking beak and taloned limbs.
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmmm"
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:34 2006] : (1) DM: A figure perched on its back calls out."
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc www, buckbeak
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc yeah, now we're Harry Pottering ;-)
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:49 2006] : (1) DM: "Intruders! Hold!"
[Thu Jan 26 19:19:53 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc err, aww not www
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:00 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Intruders?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh Oh, hold yourself. We're not intruders!"
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:13 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric casts about for others
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Where?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:36 2006] : (1) Haldon: "Hello, dear. I'm back."
[Thu Jan 26 19:20:45 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Jan 26 19:21:05 2006] : (2) Savaric: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jan 26 19:21:37 2006] : (1) DM: The hippogriff hovers clumsily in the air above the courtyard while the rider takes a good long look.
[Thu Jan 26 19:21:44 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Umm, maybe you'd better hold up Haldon, Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jan 26 19:21:44 2006] : (1) DM: nick Ryner
[Thu Jan 26 19:21:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne holds the orb up
[Thu Jan 26 19:22:01 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Haldon! What on earth are you doing in that orb!"
[Thu Jan 26 19:23:03 2006] : (1) Haldon: "It's a long story. (to the other) Everyone, meet my wife, Ryner. Ryner, these are some adventurers who have been assisting on reaching home."
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:08 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Your wife"
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric waves in a friendly sort of way
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:28 2006] : (1) Haldon: The hippogriff swoops down and Ryner stables it inside the stables. Where the hippogriff eyes the other occupants hungrily.
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: Oops, better put this away"
[Thu Jan 26 19:24:52 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric sheathes his sword
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:02 2006] : (1) Haldon: "Why yes, surely I didn't forget to mention I was married?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yeah" Ayhlanne sheathes her wswords as well
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "You did"
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric shrugs
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Bu t I suppose that is ok"
[Thu Jan 26 19:25:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I only met you today"
[Thu Jan 26 19:26:17 2006] : (1) Haldon: Ryner exits the stables, shes around the same age as Haldon wearing practical clothing with an ornate wand or rod attached to her belt.
[Thu Jan 26 19:26:47 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc a strap-on??
[Thu Jan 26 19:26:52 2006] : (1) R: "Come in, come in." (she opens the door and gestures inside)
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc sorry
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric follows Ryner into the tower
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:48 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, I am actually glad there is someone here"
[Thu Jan 26 19:27:54 2006] : (1) Ryner: ooc what? It's a wand being worn like a sword. Surely a paladin shouldn't have such a smutty mind.
[Thu Jan 26 19:28:36 2006] : (1) DM: Soon you're all seated in a sitting room on comfy airchairs besides a blazing log fire.
[Thu Jan 26 19:28:51 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I was afraid this would be one of those strange adventures where we'd have to mix potions and all"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But if you're here, I suppose it won't"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:10 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "You can do all the magic stuff"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:17 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Nice place"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Thank you for letting us in"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:46 2006] : (1) Ryner: "No, thank you for assisting Haldon. How may we repay your efforts?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:29:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah. Hmmm"
[Thu Jan 26 19:30:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, I would like to get back home"
[Thu Jan 26 19:30:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I don't know about Savaric though"
[Thu Jan 26 19:30:32 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Some extra planar traval can certainly be arranged."
[Thu Jan 26 19:30:54 2006] : (2) Savaric: "How did you know that they were from another plane?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:31:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And I supposed I am not the only one"
[Thu Jan 26 19:31:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc are the others here?
[Thu Jan 26 19:31:31 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'm not sure what to do... I like adventuring with you all"
[Thu Jan 26 19:31:35 2006] : (1) Ryner: ooc the others are here just not saying anything, happy to follow your lead.
[Thu Jan 26 19:32:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Truth to tell, I don't think that Kord minds where I help the needy and the opressed"
[Thu Jan 26 19:32:22 2006] : (1) Ryner: "I had divined that Haldon had disappeared to another plane when I could not detect him on this one."
[Thu Jan 26 19:32:27 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Just as long as I follow my calling"
[Thu Jan 26 19:32:38 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well you're welcome to follow us"
[Thu Jan 26 19:33:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, you've seen my world... maybe it's time that I saw yours"
[Thu Jan 26 19:33:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "indeed"
[Thu Jan 26 19:33:51 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Take your time to decide, it'll be about a week before I can free Haldon of this orb."
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:01 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh, that's good"
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I mean, not good for him, but I don't mind taking a little tour of the place"
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hmm, is there anything to do around here?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I have learned much already from this plane, abut I suppose I can learn more"
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:48 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Any evils that need righting, cruel overlords, that sort of thing?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:34:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That hippogriff for example"
[Thu Jan 26 19:35:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: never seen one before
[Thu Jan 26 19:35:09 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Oh I don't know about that sort of thing."
[Thu Jan 26 19:35:54 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are we in a city? Can we tell by noise or anything?
[Thu Jan 26 19:36:00 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Hippogriffs are useful creatures, even though they are rather fond of eating other peoples horses. But don't worry, yours will be safe in the stables."
[Thu Jan 26 19:36:31 2006] : (1) Ryner: ooc Can you hear the cries of tortured prisoners deep on the bowels of the castle? No.
[Thu Jan 26 19:36:33 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "So what are the surroundings like?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:36:42 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'm glad that mine is on Kord's home plane at the minute. I'd hate for her to be hurt"
[Thu Jan 26 19:37:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc LOL, I just meant could we hear city hubbub, or country sounds... we don't know where we are, all we could see was a courtyard
[Thu Jan 26 19:38:01 2006] : (1) Ryner: "This tower is on the edge of the city of Mordavia here the the foothills of the mountains."
[Thu Jan 26 19:38:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah mountains"
[Thu Jan 26 19:39:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I would like to visit a little wild, and learn about flora, fauna and the lots"
[Thu Jan 26 19:39:12 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Not much to say about the area. Sheep farming, mining in the hills. A peaceful, out of the way place."
[Thu Jan 26 19:39:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I've never seen mountains before"
[Thu Jan 26 19:39:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "All I have learned so far has been second hand"
[Thu Jan 26 19:39:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Mostly brown farmlands and small fiefdoms of the south for me"
[Thu Jan 26 19:40:26 2006] : (1) Ryner: "Perhaps, you could ask in the city if there are any monsters form the northlands terrorizing the farmers and miners?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:40:43 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That would be an option, although I really had something quieter in mind"
[Thu Jan 26 19:40:50 2006] : (1) Ryner: "You occasionally get some hill giants and the like."
[Thu Jan 26 19:40:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We can rest if you wish Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jan 26 19:40:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh well, I suppose, we might as well throw in a little adventure"
[Thu Jan 26 19:41:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Rest a bit yes, but I am no closed door woman"
[Thu Jan 26 19:41:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Although I'd not like to think that some child came to harm while I idled in the, well I'd say sun, but there seems to be an absece of it around here"
[Thu Jan 26 19:42:09 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Why is it so cold for this time of year?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:42:11 2006] : (1) Ryner: "There are a number of herbalists in the city who would be glad to exchange knowledge of the local flora. And hunters from the hill come to the city to sell their furs. I'd imagine they have tall takes about the local wildlife."
[Thu Jan 26 19:42:45 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That sounds good"
[Thu Jan 26 19:42:53 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Shall we go then?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:43:16 2006] : (1) Ryner: "You may stay in the guest rooms here if you wish. Or you could find an inn if you prefer."
[Thu Jan 26 19:43:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Yes, but let me get some warmer clothes on"
[Thu Jan 26 19:43:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Anyone in particular we should meet?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:43:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: "It will take me a while to get the armour off and put some woolens on underneath"
[Thu Jan 26 19:44:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Is there some blight that makes this land cold?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:44:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I wouldn't mind a day of resting here"
[Thu Jan 26 19:44:55 2006] : (1) Ryner: (chuckles) "It's called being in the north in the mountains."
[Thu Jan 26 19:45:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "It's colder in the north?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:45:52 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I guess you learn something every day"
[Thu Jan 26 19:46:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK Ayhlanne, shall we rest for today?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:46:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 26 19:46:57 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you staying?
[Thu Jan 26 19:47:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: here
[Thu Jan 26 19:48:25 2006] : (1) DM: Ryner shows to your rooms.
[Thu Jan 26 19:48:40 2006] : (1) DM: They're comfurtable but not fancy.
[Thu Jan 26 19:48:41 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric thanks Ryner
[Thu Jan 26 19:49:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne refreshes and goes to sleep for a very long time
[Thu Jan 26 19:51:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: what time is it really?
[Thu Jan 26 19:51:41 2006] : (1) DM: It's some time in the morning.
[Thu Jan 26 19:52:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ah ok
[Thu Jan 26 19:52:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: then maybe not sleeping
[Thu Jan 26 19:52:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric goes outside, summons Patsy and grabs some much needed clothes from the saddlebags. He then leads her into the stables and instructs her to keep a watch over the other horses and to talk to them and keep them calm
[Thu Jan 26 19:52:48 2006] : (1) DM: The Hippogriff is gnawing on a large bone.
[Thu Jan 26 19:53:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric looks for some weights to heft around
[Thu Jan 26 19:53:54 2006] : (1) DM: Oddly enough, a wizards tower doesn't come equipped with a gym.
[Thu Jan 26 19:53:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I have turned a little to fat while indulging myself in the city"
[Thu Jan 26 19:54:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to study the Hippogriff
[Thu Jan 26 19:54:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Would you like me to muck out the stables?"
[Thu Jan 26 19:54:17 2006] : (1) DM: They tend more towards the library end of the pastime spectrum.
[Thu Jan 26 19:54:18 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stays far enough
[Thu Jan 26 19:54:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc pfffffffffffft
[Thu Jan 26 19:55:29 2006] : (1) DM: The hippogriff looks at you hungrily.
[Thu Jan 26 19:55:37 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmmm"
[Thu Jan 26 19:55:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne backs off and goes back to Ryner
[Thu Jan 26 19:56:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Tell me, how can you ride this animal. He seems a fearful one, not so easy to tame"
[Thu Jan 26 19:56:18 2006] : (1) DM: Ryner has retired to her workrooms with Haldon and is busy.
[Thu Jan 26 19:56:37 2006] : (1) DM: The workrooms are out of bounds to guests (the doors are locked)
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric sets to keeping busy, sweeping, mucking, weeding, generally being a bit mad and overly helpful
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok, Library then
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: looking for a book on hippogriffs, or animal from this palce or something
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc Maybe I'll find Harry Potter ;)
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:40 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Now I feel warm!"
[Thu Jan 26 19:57:52 2006] : (1) DM: Books of all sorts, neatly organized and classified. You suspect that Ryner is in charge of the library given its organization.
[Thu Jan 26 19:58:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc you can find it by going through L-Space
[Thu Jan 26 19:58:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: looking for fauna, hippogrifs and such
[Thu Jan 26 19:59:16 2006] : (1) DM: There a few books on hippogriffs, care, feeding (anything!) and training etc.
[Thu Jan 26 19:59:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok, I flip throught he pages to find the "How do you tame/approach a Hippogriff"
[Thu Jan 26 20:00:02 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc does the courtyard have a portcullis or something?
[Thu Jan 26 20:00:24 2006] : (1) DM: The courtyard as wooden double doors leading outside.
[Thu Jan 26 20:00:55 2006] : (1) DM: There's one of those small door-in-a-door too.
[Thu Jan 26 20:01:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc once I've read, I'll join Savaric aoutside
[Thu Jan 26 20:01:14 2006] : (1) DM: (The proper name of which escapes me.)
[Thu Jan 26 20:01:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: When he's done all the odd jobs he can see Savric looks around for anything he can improvise as exercise and strength training
[Thu Jan 26 20:01:45 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc I have no idea what they are called
[Thu Jan 26 20:03:33 2006] : (1) DM: ooc why not do some weapon exercises, Savaric?
[Thu Jan 26 20:04:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Salvaric, I've learned a bit about those beasts"
[Thu Jan 26 20:04:58 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Shall we go and try our luck?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to the Hippogriff again
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:13 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc shall I play it " la Harry Potter ;) "
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Animal Empathy Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc All there harry potter references are beyond me. I don't think it's one I've read.
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne advances cautiously to the Hippogriff, her head low
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "You go for it, i've decided to do some weapon practise"
[Thu Jan 26 20:06:58 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: oc look and learn ;)
[Thu Jan 26 20:07:11 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc it's in books 3 and 4
[Thu Jan 26 20:07:15 2006] : (1) DM: The hippogriff snaps at Ayhlanne.
[Thu Jan 26 20:07:25 2006] : (1) DM: Make a dex check Ayhlanne.
[Thu Jan 26 20:07:43 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Dex check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Jan 26 20:07:48 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc damned
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:06 2006] : (1) DM: The hippogriff snaps at your arm.
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric canbe heard huffing an puffing in the courtyard as he hefts his sword around
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:18 2006] : (1) DM: Take [1d8+2] -> [4,2] = (6) damage.
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ouch!"
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne backs off
[Thu Jan 26 20:08:45 2006] : (2) Savaric: "There's the sound of wood being repeatedly hit, hard"
[Thu Jan 26 20:09:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hmm, talking to myself again... You OK Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:09:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 26 20:09:36 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "It hurts a bit"
[Thu Jan 26 20:09:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne Selveneye Tried to cast Cure Light Wounds but has used all of them for today, "Please rest so I can cast more."
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne Selveneye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 2, "Cures 1d8 +1/level damage (max +5)" )
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:10 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: [1d8+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:11 2006] : (2) Savaric: [1d100] -> [11] = (11)
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc oops
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:32 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmm, I don't know how to approach this beast"
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:38 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Maybe I should be introduced"
[Thu Jan 26 20:10:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne just stands there and observes the hoippogriff
[Thu Jan 26 20:11:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Would you believe that I forgot about my Lay On Hands ability! I think I can get some of the money I paid the temple back.
[Thu Jan 26 20:11:38 2006] : (1) DM: ooc didn't you donate that money?
[Thu Jan 26 20:12:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Some of it, but I could have healed 33 HP!
[Thu Jan 26 20:12:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Bah, I'll leave it as it is, I'll get more mone
[Thu Jan 26 20:12:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc money
[Thu Jan 26 20:12:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc not if you laze around in this tower you won't ;)
[Thu Jan 26 20:13:13 2006] : ** (2) Savaric is training and learning **
[Thu Jan 26 20:13:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: Lay On Hands: 11 HP
[Thu Jan 26 20:14:00 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Del, CLW can only ever get to +5
[Thu Jan 26 20:14:22 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok
[Thu Jan 26 20:15:34 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric puffs after his exercise, then when he has regained his breath pulls out his holy symbol
[Thu Jan 26 20:15:35 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ok, this is not going to work to day"
[Thu Jan 26 20:15:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Whall we go into town?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:15:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric uses Turn undead: "The power of Kord compels you!" - Turn Check [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18) --> Damage [2d6+15] -> [2,5,15] = (22) (See Savaric's turn chart)
[Thu Jan 26 20:16:29 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Sure, unless you'd rather just relax for the rest of the day, and head there tomorrow?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:01 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, we can go have a tour, and go back longer tomorrow"
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I need a good hose down at least before I go anywhere"
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I can ffwd relaxing, there's no need to roleplay it.
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:13 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah, ok, let us rest here then"
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc when we're ready zoom us into town boss
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:51 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok zoom us to tomorrow
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Wiiiiiirrrrrrrr. clunk.
[Thu Jan 26 20:17:57 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: and lets be done with it :)
[Thu Jan 26 20:18:35 2006] : (1) DM: A new day dawns. The rain has stopped but it's replaced with fog.
[Thu Jan 26 20:19:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what are people doing in town?
[Thu Jan 26 20:19:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us go to an Inn and have some hearty breakfast"
[Thu Jan 26 20:19:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "we will probably learn the good places and such"
[Thu Jan 26 20:20:11 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Sounds good to me"
[Thu Jan 26 20:20:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Inns are always a good place to hear the local lowdown"
[Thu Jan 26 20:20:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne spots an inn with a good name
[Thu Jan 26 20:21:17 2006] : (1) DM: "The Inn of Tasty Breakfasts"
[Thu Jan 26 20:21:31 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc IHOP?
[Thu Jan 26 20:21:43 2006] : (1) DM: ooc eh?
[Thu Jan 26 20:21:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Interneational house of Pancakes... a great US chain
[Thu Jan 26 20:21:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Jan 26 20:22:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Mmm mmmm!
[Thu Jan 26 20:22:14 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That sounds like what we need!"
[Thu Jan 26 20:22:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes
[Thu Jan 26 20:22:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What do you suppose the food is like here?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:23:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Tasty"
[Thu Jan 26 20:23:05 2006] : (1) DM: Lots of porridge and other oaty dishes.
[Thu Jan 26 20:23:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc oh, my that's tasty for a brit, but for noone else
[Thu Jan 26 20:23:29 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric instructs Patsy to be on guard and look after Ayhlanne's horse, then follows Ayhlanne
[Thu Jan 26 20:23:59 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc proven to reduce cholesterol in a really big way
[Thu Jan 26 20:24:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc really?
[Thu Jan 26 20:24:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc yup
[Thu Jan 26 20:24:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne orders a tasty breakfast
[Thu Jan 26 20:25:24 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: To the innkeeper
[Thu Jan 26 20:25:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric eats heartily
[Thu Jan 26 20:25:37 2006] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne is served porridge with honey.
[Thu Jan 26 20:25:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hi there, Wwe're strangers to the town, friends of Ryner and Haldon"
[Thu Jan 26 20:25:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We were wondering what there is to do in the surroundings"
[Thu Jan 26 20:26:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: "It's nice when you can get good food. Field rations in a dank dungeon just suck"
[Thu Jan 26 20:26:09 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Friends of Wizards, aye?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:26:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "More associates, than friends"
[Thu Jan 26 20:26:38 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Of sorts, yes"
[Thu Jan 26 20:26:49 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Unless you likes farming and minings not much to do round these parts."
[Thu Jan 26 20:27:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: "No unexplained disappearings, terrorisation of villages, that sort of thing?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:27:43 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Adventurers are ye?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:27:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Not that I'm suggesting that those sort of things are natural"
[Thu Jan 26 20:28:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I am a holy protector"
[Thu Jan 26 20:28:44 2006] : (2) Savaric: "My life is to aid the weak and opressed"
[Thu Jan 26 20:28:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, somewhat"
[Thu Jan 26 20:29:01 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Nothing like that here. If you be looking for that sort of thing then they get up to all sorts down in the south."
[Thu Jan 26 20:29:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We like a little action really"
[Thu Jan 26 20:29:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "How far away?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:29:23 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Down Eastmarch way. Or so I here tell from travellers."
[Thu Jan 26 20:29:58 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Long way a way from here fortunatly. Several weeks by horse."
[Thu Jan 26 20:30:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah. Hmmm"
[Thu Jan 26 20:31:02 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hmm, indeed"
[Thu Jan 26 20:31:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, we really here just for a week"
[Thu Jan 26 20:31:31 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Oh well, I guess I haven't had a break from my work for about 4 years"
[Thu Jan 26 20:32:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: "That being so, I won't have one now either. I can learn more of the intricacies of vile undead"
[Thu Jan 26 20:32:45 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And where abouts should I go for some wild terrain?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:32:50 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Some reading in the temples and some training by their priests"
[Thu Jan 26 20:33:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I am an outdoor type, I'd like to learn abit about this land"
[Thu Jan 26 20:33:41 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Everywhere in these parts of somewhat wild. 'cept the city o' course."
[Thu Jan 26 20:34:37 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Hold on a moment, I did here tell of something if you're interested in trouble."
[Thu Jan 26 20:34:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah"
[Thu Jan 26 20:35:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Indeed?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:35:04 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "'Tis probably nothing mind. Just a rumour going round I reckon."
[Thu Jan 26 20:36:00 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Some trouble in one of the local copper mines. Nothing specific, just a general unease."
[Thu Jan 26 20:36:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Rumours are oft founded"
[Thu Jan 26 20:36:04 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Rumours often contain a grain of truth"
[Thu Jan 26 20:36:10 2006] : (1) Innkeep: ooc and no, it's not kobolds. ;)
[Thu Jan 26 20:36:18 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc or Balrogs?
[Thu Jan 26 20:37:02 2006] : (1) Innkeep: ooc I can neither confirm nor deny the presence or absense of Balrogs.
[Thu Jan 26 20:37:04 2006] : (2) Savaric: "How do we get to these mines?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:37:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see, yes, how far are those mines?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:37:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc *IP violation* !!! Sorry, Baalors
[Thu Jan 26 20:37:37 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Don't rightly know myself. Try asking at the mining guild here in the city."
[Thu Jan 26 20:38:02 2006] : (1) Innkeep: ooc I can, however, confirm the presence of Lawyers from the Tolkien estate.
[Thu Jan 26 20:38:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric looks at Ayhlanne
[Thu Jan 26 20:38:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Want to check it out?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:38:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 26 20:38:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Thank you for the information."
[Thu Jan 26 20:39:08 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "No problem."
[Thu Jan 26 20:39:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "On a totally unrelated matter. Do you have any meat? Wine?
[Thu Jan 26 20:39:14 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "because oat...Well...3
[Thu Jan 26 20:39:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: s/3/"
[Thu Jan 26 20:39:53 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Meat for breakfast?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:07 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "What crazy part of the world do you come from?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:33 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Far away"
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But never mind"
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:44 2006] : (1) Innkeep: "Nothing like a good bowl of porridge to get you going in the morning and keep you going for most of the day."
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:46 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Oats are a nutritious breakfasty treat"
[Thu Jan 26 20:40:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us go to the mining guild"
[Thu Jan 26 20:41:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK, let's go"
[Thu Jan 26 20:42:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Where can we find it?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:42:24 2006] : (1) Innkeep: Short of the castle the mining guild building is easily the largest and most opulent building in the city,
[Thu Jan 26 20:43:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Of course. next to the Farmer's guild I suppose"
[Thu Jan 26 20:43:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc there's a castle? damned opressors
[Thu Jan 26 20:43:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu Jan 26 20:43:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Off we go"
[Thu Jan 26 20:44:17 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes
[Thu Jan 26 20:44:23 2006] : (1) DM: The next most important guild is that of the wool merchants. The actual farmers are low down the guild pecking order.
[Thu Jan 26 20:45:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc farmers have a guild?
[Thu Jan 26 20:45:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc A cooperative rather.
[Thu Jan 26 20:46:37 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc :)
[Thu Jan 26 20:47:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "So looks like mining is a good trade to be in"
[Thu Jan 26 20:47:44 2006] : (1) DM: Entering the guildhall?
[Thu Jan 26 20:47:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu Jan 26 20:48:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: sure
[Thu Jan 26 20:48:26 2006] : (1) DM: The doors lead to an imposing hall with chandeliers and marble staircases.
[Thu Jan 26 20:48:44 2006] : (1) DM: A clerk is seated at a desk. He looks up as you enter.
[Thu Jan 26 20:49:01 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Can I help you sir and madam?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:49:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric stands back and lets Ayhlanne speak
[Thu Jan 26 20:49:29 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, we thought maybe we could help you"
[Thu Jan 26 20:49:50 2006] : (1) Clerk: "I'm sorry?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:50:08 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, we've heard that you might be in need of help"
[Thu Jan 26 20:50:37 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We're adventurers of sorts, and we thought we'd sepnd our time here usefully"
[Thu Jan 26 20:50:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "rather than idly"
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And we've been told that there were strange things happening in the mines"
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:01 2006] : (1) Clerk: "I'm afraid I don't see what use 'adventuerers' could be to a mining operation."
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But these my just be rumors"
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: *might
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:25 2006] : (1) Clerk: "And let me assure you that nothing strange is going on in any of the mines operated by the guild."
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:38 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sure"
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu Jan 26 20:51:45 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Everything is running smoothly and all orders and quotas will be met on time and on target."
[Thu Jan 26 20:52:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh, I have no doubt about this"
[Thu Jan 26 20:52:27 2006] : (2) Savaric: "we're not inspectors, we're just looking for something to occupy us"
[Thu Jan 26 20:52:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I just thought we could be of use."
[Thu Jan 26 20:52:44 2006] : (2) Savaric: "and this place seems remarkably peaceful and unopressed"
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We're staying for a week at Haldon's"
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:03 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Unless you're a miner we have no work for you here."
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:21 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Heaven forbid that anything does happen here. There'll be no-one trained to fight it"
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:37 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh, can you train us as miners?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Do you need temp workers"
[Thu Jan 26 20:53:59 2006] : (1) Clerk: "The Guild employs trustworthy guards, you can be assured that all deliveries will be safe guarded from any eventuality."
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:17 2006] : (1) Clerk: The clerk is looking a bit exasperated now.
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "So do you need help in the mines? Could we do, as miners?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:46 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Report to a mine foreman for work."
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Just for a week?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok
[Thu Jan 26 20:54:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Will do"
[Thu Jan 26 20:55:10 2006] : (1) Clerk: "None of them will take you on for a week though."
[Thu Jan 26 20:55:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Where are they?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:55:24 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Thank you, and sorry for exasperating you. It was not my intention."
[Thu Jan 26 20:55:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne walks away, looking contrite
[Thu Jan 26 20:56:21 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Sorry, its just been a terrible week. everyone has been in here asking about their shipments. A nightmare I tell you."
[Thu Jan 26 20:56:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, what do you know of the rumours?"
[Thu Jan 26 20:57:18 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Official guild policy is to deny all rumours."
[Thu Jan 26 20:57:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hmm, you know, if this rumour does turn out to be true, you'll look a bit silly"
[Thu Jan 26 20:58:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We came and offered to look into it, you told us to go away"
[Thu Jan 26 20:58:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see. I was trying to help, really. I'll probably be a terrible miner. But I can help with taking care of "rumours"
[Thu Jan 26 20:58:33 2006] : (1) Clerk: The clerk shrugs helplessly.
[Thu Jan 26 20:59:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric follows Ayhlanne
[Thu Jan 26 20:59:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, not his fault really (to Savaric)"
[Thu Jan 26 20:59:35 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Wait!"
[Thu Jan 26 20:59:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Following orders is what you should do"
[Thu Jan 26 20:59:47 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:00:50 2006] : (1) Clerk: "Take this map, (he pushes a map forwards), I... I have friends in those mines and I can do nothing."
[Thu Jan 26 21:01:10 2006] : (1) Clerk: "just don't tell anyone where you got the map from, please?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:02:08 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sure"
[Thu Jan 26 21:02:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes the map
[Thu Jan 26 21:02:50 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Thanks"
[Thu Jan 26 21:03:08 2006] : (1) DM: It's a map showing the principle mines in the area and what ores they extract.
[Thu Jan 26 21:03:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Maybe we should see what the rumours refer to then"
[Thu Jan 26 21:03:46 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Lets spend some time trying to find out some more info"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, that sounds like a good idea"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:10 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Shall we meet back here in say 3 hours?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:13 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I am not sure any miner is going to tell us anything though"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'll try the temples"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "ok"
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Jan 26 21:04:44 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Hmm, not gonna get far with that
[Thu Jan 26 21:05:17 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to various herborists and shops
[Thu Jan 26 21:05:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jan 26 21:05:27 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric trawls all the temples that he knows are to good deities starting with the one to Kord
[Thu Jan 26 21:06:12 2006] : (1) DM: The priests and priestesses at the temples seem to know as much as you do.
[Thu Jan 26 21:06:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc damnit, no blatant confessions then!
[Thu Jan 26 21:07:48 2006] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, on the otherhand learns that something happened about a week ago.
[Thu Jan 26 21:10:08 2006] : (1) DM: The mining guild, always a close, secretive guild, has become even more evasive and that requests for information garding shipments of ore have been met with insistance that everything is on schedule.
[Thu Jan 26 21:10:40 2006] : (1) DM: But actual movements of copper ore have stopped moving into the city.
[Thu Jan 26 21:11:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: 3 hours later....
[Thu Jan 26 21:12:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, they know about as much as us"
[Thu Jan 26 21:12:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: "How did you do?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:13:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Just was talking, met with a miner's wife, who's a herborist, we got to talking"
[Thu Jan 26 21:13:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: one thing led to another"
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Ah, players that flll in the details. Grand!
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:18 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "didn't learn much, but at least we have something to start with"
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "It's probably in the mines"
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We should just go see"
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc we have to fill in the story!
[Thu Jan 26 21:14:47 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc adds to the adventure
[Thu Jan 26 21:15:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK, first I need to pick up my armour from Haldon's place"
[Thu Jan 26 21:15:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We have a map"
[Thu Jan 26 21:15:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: "It's on the way isn't it?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:15:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc on the way on a sort of roundabout way ;)
[Thu Jan 26 21:16:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc well I don't ride into town in a big suit of full plate, people would run away!
[Thu Jan 26 21:16:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, we can then just rest for the night"
[Thu Jan 26 21:16:58 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "and then go"
[Thu Jan 26 21:17:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK, let's go back to the keep then"
[Thu Jan 26 21:17:13 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc zzzziiiiip
[Thu Jan 26 21:17:59 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's only 2 pm in the afternoon.
[Thu Jan 26 21:18:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc how far are the mines?
[Thu Jan 26 21:18:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc There's enough time to ride to the mine in the light.
[Thu Jan 26 21:18:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's about 3 hours ride.
[Thu Jan 26 21:19:00 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric puts on his armour with Ayhlanne's help
[Thu Jan 26 21:19:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Right, I'm ready"
[Thu Jan 26 21:19:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Shall we go now, it might be something urgent"
[Thu Jan 26 21:19:36 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, let us get closer and set camp?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:19:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We'd feel like right ninnies if something happened while we were abead!"
[Thu Jan 26 21:20:04 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc abed
[Thu Jan 26 21:20:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "ok, whatever"
[Thu Jan 26 21:20:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us go then"
[Thu Jan 26 21:20:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne rides out
[Thu Jan 26 21:21:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric mounts Patsy
[Thu Jan 26 21:21:18 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Onward"
[Thu Jan 26 21:21:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: CLIP CLOP
[Thu Jan 26 21:21:46 2006] : (1) DM: The road is well maintained and winds along the valley floor near a swift flowing small river.
[Thu Jan 26 21:22:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: CLIP CLOP
[Thu Jan 26 21:22:27 2006] : (1) DM: After about 2 and a half hours
[Thu Jan 26 21:22:53 2006] : (1) DM: You see a crude road block ahead made from a roughly chopped log.
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:11 2006] : (1) DM: A handful of guards in chainmail are standing around.
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Is that a road block?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Looks like it"
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:33 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:41 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Is there anyone manning it?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:23:59 2006] : (1) DM: ooc um. a handful of guards in chainmail?
[Thu Jan 26 21:25:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "How do we go about this?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:25:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us just go and see what they tell us"
[Thu Jan 26 21:25:50 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, we can speak to them and if they refuse us passage, and they don't have pikes, we'll jump past them"
[Thu Jan 26 21:26:09 2006] : (1) DM: The guards appear to have swords or other hand weapons.
[Thu Jan 26 21:26:53 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric rides up the the barrier
[Thu Jan 26 21:27:14 2006] : (1) Guard: "This is guild property. You ain't allowed here."
[Thu Jan 26 21:27:25 2006] : (1) Guard: "Turn around."
[Thu Jan 26 21:28:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh, just like that?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:28:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Sure, I look like the kind of person to be told to bugger off"
[Thu Jan 26 21:28:55 2006] : (1) Guard: "We have our orders. And i'm tellin' you, you don't want to go up there anyway."
[Thu Jan 26 21:29:04 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I've been sent by the temple of kord to investigate"
[Thu Jan 26 21:29:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I don't have much choice"
[Thu Jan 26 21:30:02 2006] : (1) Guard: "More than my job's worth to let you past."
[Thu Jan 26 21:30:08 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We don't? Why not?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:30:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Now I'm sure you chaps wouldn't stand in the way of a servant of the god of strength going about his duties"
[Thu Jan 26 21:30:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Trouble?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:31:03 2006] : (1) Guard: "I didn't say nuffin' you unnerstand but the noises we've heard. Chills the blood it does."
[Thu Jan 26 21:31:13 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ah. Noises"
[Thu Jan 26 21:31:17 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "What kind?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:32:07 2006] : (1) Guard: "We're not supposed to talk about it. Just take my advice and turn around, okay?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:32:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric makes sure that the holy symbols on his sword, breastplate and shield are fully visible
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:17 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "You can't talk about it, and yet it chills your blood?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We've been facing some pretty nasty stuff lately"
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:29 2006] : (1) Guard: "You're not from around here I'm guessin'?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:35 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Maybe we can help?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "No, we're not"
[Thu Jan 26 21:33:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What difference does it make to you if two strangers go up there and end up in trouble?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:34:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Or maybe we'll solve all your problems"
[Thu Jan 26 21:34:38 2006] : (1) Guard: "We have our order and let's just say you don't cross the mining guild in these parts."
[Thu Jan 26 21:34:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh, so the place is deserted?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:35:40 2006] : (1) Guard: "Ha. The miners up there wish they could desert i bet."
[Thu Jan 26 21:36:09 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, it seems that there's no persuading you gentlemen"
[Thu Jan 26 21:36:35 2006] : (1) Guard: "You just be turning around now."
[Thu Jan 26 21:37:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: "we really could help you know"
[Thu Jan 26 21:37:08 2006] : (2) Savaric: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Jan 26 21:37:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Savaric, I think we should just go"
[Thu Jan 26 21:37:34 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Shall we?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:37:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK"
[Thu Jan 26 21:38:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric rides away
[Thu Jan 26 21:38:45 2006] : (2) Savaric: "So shall we jump the barrier?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Patsy can do it no problem"
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "No, I think you should let me go back"
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:24 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "You're scary"
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: :)
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I'll just go back on a small query"
[Thu Jan 26 21:39:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Why scary? Those guards are happy to obey orders while those behind them suffer"
[Thu Jan 26 21:40:10 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I'm not a diplomat, but you're too armed and holy for these poor chaps"
[Thu Jan 26 21:40:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: "you heard them, they wish to get away, and they are not allowed"
[Thu Jan 26 21:40:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I'll get us a way in"
[Thu Jan 26 21:40:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "You go back, but I cannot allow this oppression of the miners"
[Thu Jan 26 21:40:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sure, we'll help them"
[Thu Jan 26 21:41:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes back, on foot
[Thu Jan 26 21:41:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hi, sorry for bothering you again"
[Thu Jan 26 21:41:17 2006] : (2) Savaric: "But how many will be killed while we discover another way in"
[Thu Jan 26 21:41:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I was wondering if there's a place you know where we can stay for the night. Set camp."
[Thu Jan 26 21:42:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Not too open so that we can be protected from the cold"
[Thu Jan 26 21:42:13 2006] : (1) Guard: "I'd head back to the city if I were you. I wouldn't stay the night round here."
[Thu Jan 26 21:42:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, we've seen worse"
[Thu Jan 26 21:42:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And we've been travelling too much already"
[Thu Jan 26 21:42:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "The wild is my thing you know"
[Thu Jan 26 21:43:01 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Rather than the city"
[Thu Jan 26 21:43:34 2006] : (1) Guard: The guard shrugs. Uninterested.
[Thu Jan 26 21:43:45 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Can't help?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:44:06 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "How many of you here?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:44:38 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc god I miss Huerney
[Thu Jan 26 21:44:53 2006] : (1) Guard: "Just go will you."
[Thu Jan 26 21:45:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne kind of whispers to the guard
[Thu Jan 26 21:45:12 2006] : (1) Guard: "You ain't getting past and you're wasting my time."
[Thu Jan 26 21:45:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "you're sure you don't want our help? Will get you out of here in no time. At worst, if the "thing" is so nasty, we'll disappear. Noone will ever know we were here"
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "What do you have to lose?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us slip past at night"
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:24 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Look the other way"
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric sits on his horse looking indignant
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:32 2006] : (1) Guard: Diplomacy check.
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:44 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:48 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Jan 26 21:46:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: but you're rerolling those right ;)
[Thu Jan 26 21:47:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc oops ooc
[Thu Jan 26 21:47:03 2006] : (1) Guard: "I told you already, I ain't crossing the Guild. Now go."
[Thu Jan 26 21:47:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, sorry about that"
[Thu Jan 26 21:47:53 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne hands him 10 GP, making sure the others see it.
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Here goes, you'll all drink a hot thing when you get heome"
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "this is for wasting your time"
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:14 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sorry"
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:31 2006] : (1) Guard: "Er. Thanks." (he pockets the money)
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc that's probably about 2 month's wages
[Thu Jan 26 21:48:48 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm really bad at this :)
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc make it whatever a few round of drinks is
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:11 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc 10 silvers
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc than 10 silvers it is, that's 1 GP right?
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc then
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:38 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc yes
[Thu Jan 26 21:49:51 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I never got the euro, you don't expect me to get GPs right?
[Thu Jan 26 21:50:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Savaric, I'm sorry. I have no skills to do that stuff."
[Thu Jan 26 21:50:42 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I miss Huerney sometimes, he could just talk anyone into doing anything"
[Thu Jan 26 21:50:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And I still don't think forcing our way in is the right way"
[Thu Jan 26 21:51:06 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sneaking at night maybe"
[Thu Jan 26 21:51:13 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But can you sneak?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:51:29 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at the flashy armor
[Thu Jan 26 21:51:37 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc A paladin in shiny armour sneaking? Go on. I like a good laugh!
[Thu Jan 26 21:51:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, I don't think a charger and full plate are quite up to sneaking"
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:08 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Exactly"
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:10 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc it's not too shiny, I'm not one of those types
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc k ;)
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "More up to charging"
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, maybe you should charge, while I sneak?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:46 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "To each their own"
[Thu Jan 26 21:52:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Play to your strengths"
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:10 2006] : (2) Savaric: "You can leave your horse here"
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:12 2006] : (1) Guard: ooc nighttime is agood 5 hours away.
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us look at this map"
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Does it have anything like a backway on it?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I still think that we should lose no time"
[Thu Jan 26 21:53:57 2006] : (1) DM: Without a horse you could sneak along the valley sides through the trees.
[Thu Jan 26 21:54:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I appreciate you trying to get us through via other means"
[Thu Jan 26 21:54:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: "But I cannot sneak, and I must help those miners who are forced to endure who knows what"
[Thu Jan 26 21:55:40 2006] : (2) Savaric: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-7] -> [14,-7] = (7)
[Thu Jan 26 21:55:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc -7
[Thu Jan 26 21:55:51 2006] : (1) DM: *clank*
[Thu Jan 26 21:56:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sure, then you go ahead and charge, i'll try my luck through the trees?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:56:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Or do we have to fight those poor chaps"
[Thu Jan 26 21:56:44 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That is what stalls me, I am not afraid of them"
[Thu Jan 26 21:57:02 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But I am not sure they are so nasty"
[Thu Jan 26 21:57:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I won't fight them, they'd have to be mad to block me"
[Thu Jan 26 21:57:59 2006] : (2) Savaric: "But if I'm jumping, then you may as well too."
[Thu Jan 26 21:58:06 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "So I should just follow in your stride?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:58:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, then"
[Thu Jan 26 21:58:40 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric gets enough room for a runup
[Thu Jan 26 21:58:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Ready?"
[Thu Jan 26 21:59:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stays behind, ready to let her horse goes
[Thu Jan 26 21:59:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 26 21:59:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK then here goes"
[Thu Jan 26 21:59:50 2006] : (1) DM: You're both charging and leaping?
[Thu Jan 26 22:00:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric gets patsy to charge the log barrier and leap over it and onwards
[Thu Jan 26 22:00:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc yes
[Thu Jan 26 22:00:27 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc jump is a DC 15 ride check
[Thu Jan 26 22:00:53 2006] : (1) DM: As you both gallop at the barrier the guards shout and wave before diving out of the way of the flashing hooves.
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:14 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric leaps the barrier....
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:18 2006] : (1) DM: ride check
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:25 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30)
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:36 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ooops
[Thu Jan 26 22:01:58 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric's horse executes are perfect leap, landing gracefully on the otherside.
[Thu Jan 26 22:02:11 2006] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne follows though not so expertly.
[Thu Jan 26 22:02:36 2006] : (1) DM: The guards shout and wave angry fists as you gallop up the road.
[Thu Jan 26 22:02:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric turns to check on Ayhlanne, then continues on when he sees that she made it
[Thu Jan 26 22:02:53 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Jan 26 22:03:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Haha! Wasn't that exhilarating?"
[Thu Jan 26 22:03:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne shakes a bit
[Thu Jan 26 22:04:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Well, sure something I would not have done on my onwn"
[Thu Jan 26 22:04:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But good, indeed"
[Thu Jan 26 22:04:17 2006] : (2) Savaric: "You did great. Shes's a fine beast"
[Thu Jan 26 22:04:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc or is it a he?
[Thu Jan 26 22:05:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc warhorses would usually geldings or stallions, right?
[Thu Jan 26 22:05:08 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Let's see if we can help these miners"
[Thu Jan 26 22:05:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I have no clue
[Thu Jan 26 22:05:21 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc I guess they would be
[Thu Jan 26 22:05:44 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END