Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 20 October 2005

[Thu Oct 20 19:52:00 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Oct 20 19:52:21 2005] : (1) DM: It's late afternoon turning to early evebing of the following day.
[Thu Oct 20 19:52:56 2005] : (1) DM: You've all just spent the day about the city, shopping and so forth and have returned to the inn for some fine ales and supper.
[Thu Oct 20 19:53:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well it sure was nice to get back on land and eat something decent"
[Thu Oct 20 19:53:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Look what some artisan managed to do for my rapier..."
[Thu Oct 20 19:54:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney pulls out his flaming rapier, which now looks rather sharper and harder
[Thu Oct 20 19:54:15 2005] : (3) Belros: "Ohhhhh"
[Thu Oct 20 19:54:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Cost me an arm and a leg, but helps out a fair bit"
[Thu Oct 20 19:55:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How much better is it now?"
[Thu Oct 20 19:56:18 2005] : (4) Huerney: "umm, I've yet to find out, but the magic make me mor elikely to strike at a vulnerable spot"
[Thu Oct 20 19:56:37 2005] : (1) DM: ooc keen?
[Thu Oct 20 19:56:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yes
[Thu Oct 20 19:57:17 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Remember that rules for stacking keen with other threat-range enhancing bonuses are a bit funny.
[Thu Oct 20 19:57:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Nice"
[Thu Oct 20 19:57:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc sure
[Thu Oct 20 19:58:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc that's to do with double double = triple... but a rapier has a better base threat anyway, and I've just doubled it
[Thu Oct 20 19:58:45 2005] : (1) DM: ooc yup.
[Thu Oct 20 19:59:57 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc whats it up to now?
[Thu Oct 20 20:00:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Keen Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (base): [1d20+17] -> [14,17] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [1,5,6] = (12)
[Thu Oct 20 20:00:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Keen Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (second): [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [5,5,1] = (11)
[Thu Oct 20 20:00:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc oops
[Thu Oct 20 20:00:44 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc Whats the roll for spell resistance?
[Thu Oct 20 20:00:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc 15-20
[Thu Oct 20 20:01:07 2005] : (1) DM: ooc 1d20 + spell level
[Thu Oct 20 20:02:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, would anyone like adrink?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:02:15 2005] : (3) Belros: "I'll take one"
[Thu Oct 20 20:02:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Sure, another beer would be great"
[Thu Oct 20 20:03:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney buys a round for any takers
[Thu Oct 20 20:03:03 2005] : (1) DM: ooc 1d20 + /caster/ level, sorry.
[Thu Oct 20 20:03:48 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc ok, thanks
[Thu Oct 20 20:05:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I sure would like a drink"
[Thu Oct 20 20:05:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I have been talking all day, learned quite a bit actuall"
[Thu Oct 20 20:05:59 2005] : (3) Belros: "What kind of things?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:06:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, perhaps you can tell us over these drinks"
[Thu Oct 20 20:06:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well, more about the flora and fauna really"
[Thu Oct 20 20:06:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I have been preparing for our long journey"
[Thu Oct 20 20:06:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Trying to find out about this world really"
[Thu Oct 20 20:07:10 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So, what did you find out?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:08:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That it looks a lot like ours"
[Thu Oct 20 20:08:42 2005] : (3) Belros: "Interesting"
[Thu Oct 20 20:09:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A few differences, but the fauna and flora don't seem to be so different"
[Thu Oct 20 20:09:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Very much so. I wonder what gods are here"
[Thu Oct 20 20:09:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I probably should get by in the wild"
[Thu Oct 20 20:10:44 2005] : (3) Belros: "Thats good to know. I have a feeling we will be on our own for a lot of our journey"
[Thu Oct 20 20:10:45 2005] : (1) DM: While you were out and about the city you picked some gossip and news.
[Thu Oct 20 20:11:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yay! gossip :)
[Thu Oct 20 20:11:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Not much call for heroic songs in the wilds, but my magic seems to work."
[Thu Oct 20 20:11:46 2005] : (1) DM: The chief topic of interest is the border dispute between Eastmarch and Kathal.
[Thu Oct 20 20:11:50 2005] : (1) DM: ooc check the map
[Thu Oct 20 20:11:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Mine works fine as well"
[Thu Oct 20 20:12:18 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Ooh, names!
[Thu Oct 20 20:12:28 2005] : (1) DM: Merchants are particularly concerned as if it breaks out into a full war then trade will be disrupted.
[Thu Oct 20 20:13:01 2005] : (3) Belros: "So, do we head North, or East?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:13:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Into a war or over the mountains? Tough choice"
[Thu Oct 20 20:13:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'd go for the mountains"
[Thu Oct 20 20:14:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And I can guess Haldon's choice"
[Thu Oct 20 20:14:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Either way will be tough"
[Thu Oct 20 20:15:26 2005] : (3) Belros: "Ask Haldon"
[Thu Oct 20 20:15:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "War shouldn't bother us though, although we might get drafted"
[Thu Oct 20 20:16:01 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Did you find a map then?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:16:02 2005] : (3) Belros: "Can they draft non-citizens?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:16:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "They might try to, who knows what they'll do in this world?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:17:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: "If a guy comes to you with 200 soldiers and says, Your're on our side, now get in line"
[Thu Oct 20 20:17:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: "What do you do?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:18:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Get into line now and escape in the night" Anna grins widely
[Thu Oct 20 20:18:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "You pretend to be deaf?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:18:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu Oct 20 20:18:47 2005] : (3) Belros: "I'm with Anna"
[Thu Oct 20 20:19:23 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon coughs from inside the depths of someones pack
[Thu Oct 20 20:19:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Haldon? Do you have a cold?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:20:04 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna takes the globe out
[Thu Oct 20 20:20:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc you have it?
[Thu Oct 20 20:20:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I've always thought I was carrying it
[Thu Oct 20 20:20:25 2005] : (1) Haldon: "That's better. Did you manage to find a map?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:20:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: oooc oops
[Thu Oct 20 20:21:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I always forget who's carrying him, it might be you actually
[Thu Oct 20 20:22:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, so I am
[Thu Oct 20 20:22:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Fine, I'll remember from now on
[Thu Oct 20 20:22:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hi there. A map?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:22:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well. Errr. Hmmm"
[Thu Oct 20 20:23:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Don't we have one? How else do we know about those mountains
[Thu Oct 20 20:23:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc we must have one yes ;)
[Thu Oct 20 20:23:23 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Didn't one of you buy a map? They're only 10 gp.
[Thu Oct 20 20:23:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, I have one. Just kidding"
[Thu Oct 20 20:23:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Here goes"
[Thu Oct 20 20:24:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne lays a map in front of the others and puts the orb on it so that Haldon can see.
[Thu Oct 20 20:24:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That is how I learned that this world was not so different from ours"
[Thu Oct 20 20:24:35 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon looks at the map and points up some features with a small beam of purple light.
[Thu Oct 20 20:24:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Chatting with a chatty map maker"
[Thu Oct 20 20:25:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:25:17 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Right, we're here.... and we need to be here...." (he points to Mordavia)
[Thu Oct 20 20:25:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Holy slmoke!"
[Thu Oct 20 20:26:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That is going to take quite some time"
[Thu Oct 20 20:26:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "what way do you reckon we should go?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:26:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: "All that way? How far is that??"
[Thu Oct 20 20:26:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Now, normally one would travel via Kathal and Eastmarch."
[Thu Oct 20 20:26:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "At least by taking the north-western route we can avoid the mountains AND the war"
[Thu Oct 20 20:27:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "What's that place that doesn't like vowels?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:27:12 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Alternatively, one could skirt the desert, and climb the mountains to Llyngwrn."
[Thu Oct 20 20:27:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yeah, that one"
[Thu Oct 20 20:28:02 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Cross the inland sea there and take the road to Mordavia. Hmph, This isn't really a very good map. It's missing many of the roads and cities and town."
[Thu Oct 20 20:28:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I did not mpay much for it"
[Thu Oct 20 20:28:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I admit"
[Thu Oct 20 20:28:57 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Of course, there's the 3rd option of magical assistance or teleportation."
[Thu Oct 20 20:29:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ture"
[Thu Oct 20 20:29:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I forgot about that one"
[Thu Oct 20 20:29:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: *True"
[Thu Oct 20 20:29:19 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "What kind of distance are we talking about here?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:29:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney has totally lost interest by this point
[Thu Oct 20 20:30:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney's ears prick up
[Thu Oct 20 20:30:12 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Aha! I said that... He stole my idea!"
[Thu Oct 20 20:30:28 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Possibly something as much as 3 months by horse."
[Thu Oct 20 20:30:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "THree!"
[Thu Oct 20 20:30:40 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Longer if events are against us."
[Thu Oct 20 20:31:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "As they will be, you can always count on that"
[Thu Oct 20 20:31:26 2005] : (3) Belros: "I considered teleportation, however there is a chance of not appearing where you intended"
[Thu Oct 20 20:32:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Is there a way to reduce that risk? And could you teleport us?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:32:20 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc there is a "teleportation without error" spell. It's 7th level.
[Thu Oct 20 20:32:43 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc I cant cast it
[Thu Oct 20 20:32:46 2005] : (1) Haldon: "There's a powerful spell that permits one to teleport without error."
[Thu Oct 20 20:33:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Any idea how much something like that will cost us?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:33:18 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Perhaps one of the wizard factions within this city would cast it for a fee?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:33:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Could that teleport all of us at once?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:33:27 2005] : (3) Belros: "It's worth looking into
[Thu Oct 20 20:33:59 2005] : (1) Haldon: "A wizards fee is not something one can predict."
[Thu Oct 20 20:34:22 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc teleport carries 50lb/caster level
[Thu Oct 20 20:34:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I was asking in character :P
[Thu Oct 20 20:35:19 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc I know, but I couldn't think how to say that in character :P
[Thu Oct 20 20:35:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Some wizards might refuse outright, others might demands a service or task, some merely ask for gold. "
[Thu Oct 20 20:35:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So where do we find a wizard powerful enough to help us?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:36:15 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I doubt that we have enough gold, so we would beback to taking time doing a task"
[Thu Oct 20 20:36:23 2005] : (3) Belros: "It would depend on the skill of the caster. An experienced wizard may be able to send us all in a single trip"
[Thu Oct 20 20:36:51 2005] : (1) Haldon: When you were about in the city you couldn't help but notice the number of peculiar towers dotted about the city. Each one with a distinctive design."
[Thu Oct 20 20:37:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc See? You can say it in character :D
[Thu Oct 20 20:39:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So now we're off to see a wizard"
[Thu Oct 20 20:39:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: The towers are the homes of various powerful wizards, each one an eccentric recluse.
[Thu Oct 20 20:39:56 2005] : (1) DM: The talk of the city includes several tales of wizardly rivalries gotten out of hand.
[Thu Oct 20 20:40:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I have heard about rivalries between the fdifferent wizardly factions"
[Thu Oct 20 20:40:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We should not choose the wrong one"
[Thu Oct 20 20:41:16 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How could we know the right one? Their rivalry has nothing to do with us"
[Thu Oct 20 20:42:17 2005] : (3) Belros: "We might as well just go to whichever is closest"
[Thu Oct 20 20:42:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Sounds logical to me"
[Thu Oct 20 20:43:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And if that one seems to be evil, we might shop a bit further"
[Thu Oct 20 20:44:18 2005] : (3) Belros: "But how do you define Evil?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:44:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "How do you know if they are evil?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:44:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: "A lot of the evil I've seen has never paraded itself around"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I don't really know actually"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "It's hidden behind pleasantries"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Which we should go to"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Haldon, an idea?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Like Belros said, the first we find"
[Thu Oct 20 20:45:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I can find out who's evil"
[Thu Oct 20 20:46:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "But I doubt that if they are 'evil' they'll look like agingerbread house witch, with warts and a pointy nose"
[Thu Oct 20 20:46:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: "You can?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:46:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks shifty
[Thu Oct 20 20:47:10 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Pelor has granted me that power"
[Thu Oct 20 20:47:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna smiles at Huerney
[Thu Oct 20 20:47:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "must be like looking into someone's soul"
[Thu Oct 20 20:47:43 2005] : (3) Belros: Belros shivers
[Thu Oct 20 20:47:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I don't think I like that power one bit, seems seedy to me, even if some do good god gave it"
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:16 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "No, nothing like that, I can't read thought or anything, I can just feel the aura of pure evil"
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And I don't mean to be rude to you Anna"!
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:25 2005] : (1) DM: ooc And besides all evil people carry lead sheets.
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc ore get restraining orders
[Thu Oct 20 20:48:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc ROTFLOL
[Thu Oct 20 20:49:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: "But surely we're all a bit evil?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:49:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You're not being rude, Huerney, and I try to never abuse the powers my god gives me"
[Thu Oct 20 20:49:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "But not a lot of us are truly evil, most of us are just not entirely good"
[Thu Oct 20 20:50:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'm no saint,"
[Thu Oct 20 20:50:14 2005] : (3) Belros: "Someone once told me, 'You can't have good without evil' "
[Thu Oct 20 20:50:30 2005] : (3) Belros: "But that is a discussion for another time"
[Thu Oct 20 20:50:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Was it a druid?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:50:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: "They're always banging on a bout that sort of thing"
[Thu Oct 20 20:51:10 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Yeah, balance and the like"
[Thu Oct 20 20:51:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, I guess it's a good catch for us Holly"
[Thu Oct 20 20:51:21 2005] : (3) Belros: "Not exactly a druid, but certianly earthy"
[Thu Oct 20 20:51:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Although, I'm still not too sure about it. Sounds too freaky"
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc it was the harpers wasn't it, not druids
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Holly? I thought she died just before I met you"
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Oh my!"
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I, I'm sorry"
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: "In this light with a few ales down me..."
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Don't be, Huerney, it's good you still think about her"
[Thu Oct 20 20:52:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks sad
[Thu Oct 20 20:53:38 2005] : (3) Belros: Belros takes a big gulp of ale
[Thu Oct 20 20:54:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna looks away
[Thu Oct 20 20:54:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "People, let's not linger on the past"
[Thu Oct 20 20:54:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have to find a solution to get home"
[Thu Oct 20 20:54:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And we will"
[Thu Oct 20 20:54:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, so what's the plan?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:56:10 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Find a powerful wizard, get to Mordavia and release Haldon, find out what that keeper guy wants from us and do ir and get home again"
[Thu Oct 20 20:56:22 2005] : (3) Belros: "Find a tower. If Anna is happy we ask them if they can teleport us"
[Thu Oct 20 20:56:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc do it
[Thu Oct 20 20:57:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Only if you don't mind me using that power, of course"
[Thu Oct 20 20:57:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: "No, I guess not, as long as it's not at me. but I can imagine how others will feel if they see you"
[Thu Oct 20 20:58:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So trekking through the wilderness is the last resort then?"
[Thu Oct 20 20:59:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Yes, I guess so, it takes just too damned long"
[Thu Oct 20 20:59:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Damn"
[Thu Oct 20 20:59:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would have liked to put the wilderness to the etest here"
[Thu Oct 20 20:59:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But I guess three months is really a long time"
[Thu Oct 20 21:00:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I think I'd like to see the world here"
[Thu Oct 20 21:00:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: "It's grown on me"
[Thu Oct 20 21:01:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: "How many people back home can say they've trekked on another world?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:01:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I'd like to do that as well, but I want to go home too. I prefer to live in the same world as my parents"
[Thu Oct 20 21:01:48 2005] : (3) Belros: "It does seem a shame to be here and not explore"
[Thu Oct 20 21:02:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Who knows what tomorrow will bring? We might be forced to explore a lot more than we'd want to"
[Thu Oct 20 21:03:33 2005] : (3) Belros: "Only time will tell"
[Thu Oct 20 21:03:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I hope we will get to do that a bit"
[Thu Oct 20 21:04:49 2005] : (1) DM: As the evening draws on the inn fills up with patrons.
[Thu Oct 20 21:06:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Huerney, will you try and get the feel of this wizardry wars?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:06:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Sure thing."
[Thu Oct 20 21:07:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney spends the evening chatting to patrons trying to get a good feel for the local wizarding community
[Thu Oct 20 21:07:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22)
[Thu Oct 20 21:08:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne talks around too
[Thu Oct 20 21:08:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Oct 20 21:09:27 2005] : (1) DM: The wizards of the city keep to themselves mostly, only occasionally are strange lights seen in the skies and on rare occasions golems wander the city street at night.
[Thu Oct 20 21:10:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc constable dorfl?
[Thu Oct 20 21:10:26 2005] : (1) DM: There's a tall tale involving a mid air battle between two wizards, lightning, fireballs and the like.
[Thu Oct 20 21:11:34 2005] : (1) DM: Mostly the wizard's towers are so wreathed in wards and abjurations that any rivalries come to naught.
[Thu Oct 20 21:11:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Harry Potter. It's not battle, it's quidditch
[Thu Oct 20 21:11:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc pfffft, these people know nothing
[Thu Oct 20 21:13:41 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Oct 20 21:13:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney goes to see the landlord to see if he'd like a performance
[Thu Oct 20 21:14:12 2005] : (1) DM: The landlord agrees on a short trial performance first.
[Thu Oct 20 21:16:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I'll take 10 on the trial
[Thu Oct 20 21:16:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc 29
[Thu Oct 20 21:17:24 2005] : (1) DM: The audience appreciates the perfomance and the landlord gestures you to continue with the show.
[Thu Oct 20 21:17:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: "How does that sound to you?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:17:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney gives it his all...
[Thu Oct 20 21:17:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [19,19] = (38)
[Thu Oct 20 21:18:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: ... and gives them a legendary performance
[Thu Oct 20 21:18:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna seems to be distracted as she listens to Huerney's performance
[Thu Oct 20 21:18:47 2005] : (1) DM: The patrons are well impressed with the impeccable playing
[Thu Oct 20 21:19:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc brb
[Thu Oct 20 21:19:51 2005] : (6) Huerney (enter): 21:19
[Thu Oct 20 21:20:17 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc Umm, I dropped out...
[Thu Oct 20 21:20:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc what did you last get
[Thu Oct 20 21:20:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Disconnect?
[Thu Oct 20 21:20:49 2005] : (1) DM: ooc ..legendary performance
[Thu Oct 20 21:20:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc yeah, PC is a bit overloaded... damned iTunes
[Thu Oct 20 21:21:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc Oh, OK, same here
[Thu Oct 20 21:21:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc anything said after that?
[Thu Oct 20 21:21:36 2005] : (1) DM: The patrons are well impressed with the impeccable playing
[Thu Oct 20 21:21:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna seems to be distracted as she listens to Huerney's performance
[Thu Oct 20 21:22:25 2005] : (1) DM: Not only do you play well you also gauge the mood of the crowd and instinctively pick appropriate music and songs.
[Thu Oct 20 21:22:55 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc performance like that and she's distracted!! The PHB guide only goes up to 30... :P
[Thu Oct 20 21:23:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc :P
[Thu Oct 20 21:23:20 2005] : (1) DM: ooc According to the PHB. DC 30... With time you may draw attention from extraplanar beings.
[Thu Oct 20 21:23:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc wow, but then, those people are extra planar no? ;-)
[Thu Oct 20 21:23:52 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Heavenly angels are head-hunting.
[Thu Oct 20 21:24:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney finishes off his set and tries to blag free rooms
[Thu Oct 20 21:24:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc LOL @ Del
[Thu Oct 20 21:24:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc LOL @ Delphine
[Thu Oct 20 21:25:03 2005] : (1) DM: The landlord is eager to please and free rooms are made available as well as a free round of the finest drink the inn has to offer.
[Thu Oct 20 21:25:26 2005] : (1) DM: He anxiously asks if you'll be staying at the inn for long.
[Thu Oct 20 21:25:26 2005] : (6) Huerney: Woo-hoo
[Thu Oct 20 21:25:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Perhaps a few nights more"
[Thu Oct 20 21:26:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Aylahnne takes advantage of the free rounds to taste the local wines and discover some really great vintages
[Thu Oct 20 21:26:18 2005] : (1) DM: Landlord's eyes light up.
[Thu Oct 20 21:27:15 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney presses the advantage to try to get better info on the wizards
[Thu Oct 20 21:27:41 2005] : (1) DM: ooc anything in particular you're asking about?
[Thu Oct 20 21:27:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We are looking to secure some services of a reputable wizard"
[Thu Oct 20 21:28:06 2005] : (6) Huerney: "But not knowing the city are at a loss as to where to start"
[Thu Oct 20 21:28:31 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We want an honest wizard, and one who is not into the darker arts"
[Thu Oct 20 21:28:43 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And we don't want to be fleeced"
[Thu Oct 20 21:28:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Do you think you can help us find such a wizard?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:29:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna quaffs a couple of beers as she listens to the conversation
[Thu Oct 20 21:29:41 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Im sure you have contacts who have dealings."
[Thu Oct 20 21:30:19 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "You don't want to go near Zatchix, stay clear of his black tower. The other wizards are much a like I suppose."
[Thu Oct 20 21:30:42 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Oct 20 21:31:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Zatchix is involved with the dark arts?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:31:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Any more reputable than the others?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:32:05 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Or indeed any in need of a favour? Perhaps you can find out for us, over the next couple of days"
[Thu Oct 20 21:32:19 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "That the rumours. And I can well believe it, you only have to look at his tower. All back and adorned with gargoyles of a most feaful appearance."
[Thu Oct 20 21:32:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That sounds...Well...fearsome"
[Thu Oct 20 21:32:59 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "Reputable, eh? Could try old Wolder of the yellow tower. He's been known to help out now and again."
[Thu Oct 20 21:34:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yellow, that alone sounds already better"
[Thu Oct 20 21:35:10 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "Otherwise there's Raliyah of the White. She's a bit haughty I've heard mind. Thinks us regular city folk are beneath us."
[Thu Oct 20 21:35:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Yellow, the colour of the sun" Anna smiles
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:06 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "The third choice is one A'Sadar. He's new to the city. Don't know much about him though. Can sometimes hear explosions from his tower. Might not be your safest choice."
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:06 2005] : (4) Huerney (exit): 21:37
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:14 2005] : (3) Belros: "Yellow sounds good"
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: "You have already given us a few leads. Please keep your ears open for any other news which may help us"
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, I'd go for yellow"
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:41 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "His tower's the red one, you'll spot it by the soot marks around the windows."
[Thu Oct 20 21:37:42 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Yes, this A'Sadar sounds a bit reckless"
[Thu Oct 20 21:38:25 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "And then there's all the lesser wizards, of course."
[Thu Oct 20 21:38:41 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I don't want to be blown up, myself. Any wizards here not involved in that feud?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:39:47 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: "The 4 major wizards do go into the whole struggle for power that the lesser ones do. They are, after all, at the top already."
[Thu Oct 20 21:40:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc At the top of the luncheon pyramid ;)
[Thu Oct 20 21:40:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, yellow I say, he sounds like he's the most responsible so far"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Shall we keep that for tommorrow and go to bed"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:28 2005] : (1) Helpful guy: The landlord rings the closing bell and the patrons drink up and start to leave.
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I am tired"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:30 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Sounds good"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne yawns
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:46 2005] : (3) Belros: "Good idea"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Goodnight all"
[Thu Oct 20 21:42:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc pub deformation does not exist in other parts of the world :P
[Thu Oct 20 21:43:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to her room
[Thu Oct 20 21:43:12 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Goodnight."
[Thu Oct 20 21:43:44 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney heads up to bed as well, a bit pooped after the performance, but happy looking nonetheless
[Thu Oct 20 21:43:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Not in civilised countries anyway
[Thu Oct 20 21:43:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna goes to bed as well
[Thu Oct 20 21:44:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc perhaps Southharbour is a provincial backwater.
[Thu Oct 20 21:44:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Perhaps ;)
[Thu Oct 20 21:44:55 2005] : (1) DM: ...time passes...
[Thu Oct 20 21:45:04 2005] : (1) DM: A new day dawns.
[Thu Oct 20 21:46:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna wakes up and meditates before breakfast
[Thu Oct 20 21:46:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne kits up and gets ready
[Thu Oct 20 21:47:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney performs ablutions, then kits up and goes down for breakfast
[Thu Oct 20 21:47:53 2005] : (3) Belros: Belros does a normal morning routine
[Thu Oct 20 21:49:32 2005] : (1) DM: Haldon mutter something about people taking their time.
[Thu Oct 20 21:49:35 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc brb loo
[Thu Oct 20 21:51:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, let us go to this yellow tower"
[Thu Oct 20 21:51:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Talking about taking your time
[Thu Oct 20 21:51:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Wolder I think it was"
[Thu Oct 20 21:51:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc back
[Thu Oct 20 21:52:05 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Off we go then"
[Thu Oct 20 21:52:43 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Lead the way"
[Thu Oct 20 21:52:49 2005] : (1) DM: Wolder's tower is to the north of the city, it's built of yellow brick and yellow sandstone and consists of a cluster of 3 tower, two low and squat and one tall.
[Thu Oct 20 21:53:17 2005] : (1) DM: An large door with brass fittings is the entrace.
[Thu Oct 20 21:53:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We're there"
[Thu Oct 20 21:53:35 2005] : (3) Belros: Belros tags along
[Thu Oct 20 21:53:56 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc I'm kinda quiet cos I'm feeling crap :(
[Thu Oct 20 21:53:57 2005] : (1) DM: The door knocker looks at you idly.
[Thu Oct 20 21:54:10 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Maybe Belros is the best at speakign to another wizard"
[Thu Oct 20 21:54:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna knocks
[Thu Oct 20 21:55:10 2005] : (1) Door knocker: "*Ouch*"
[Thu Oct 20 21:55:48 2005] : (1) DM: A panel in the door slides open and a voice rumbles.
[Thu Oct 20 21:55:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Ouch???"
[Thu Oct 20 21:56:04 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "What you want?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:56:21 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: ooc the door knocker is an animated, magical face.
[Thu Oct 20 21:56:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna steps back
[Thu Oct 20 21:57:06 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We seek the wizard and scholar who is called Wolder"
[Thu Oct 20 21:57:43 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "What you want with Master?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:58:00 2005] : (6) Huerney: "His great reputation preceeds him ito all the regios of the city"
[Thu Oct 20 21:58:29 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "Uh....?"
[Thu Oct 20 21:58:42 2005] : (6) Huerney: "The matters to be discussed are private"
[Thu Oct 20 21:59:02 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc looks like my 'n' key was playing up :P
[Thu Oct 20 21:59:10 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "Okay. Wait here."
[Thu Oct 20 21:59:18 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: The door panel slides shut.
[Thu Oct 20 21:59:48 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: You hear something heavy walking away from the door.
[Thu Oct 20 21:59:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Why would anyone want to create a doorknocker that experiences pain?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:00:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: To the knocker: "I'm sorry I hurt you"
[Thu Oct 20 22:00:20 2005] : (3) Belros: "Because they can"
[Thu Oct 20 22:00:26 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: The door knocker chuckles "Ha ha. Gets 'em every time!"
[Thu Oct 20 22:01:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna laughs: "I like your sense of humour"
[Thu Oct 20 22:01:25 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: Door knocker winks.
[Thu Oct 20 22:01:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Oh, the irony. A know that's humourous"
[Thu Oct 20 22:01:37 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc knob
[Thu Oct 20 22:01:48 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: ooc How long are you going to wait out here?
[Thu Oct 20 22:02:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Until let in or bored, I'd guess
[Thu Oct 20 22:02:48 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc an hour maybe... he may be busy
[Thu Oct 20 22:03:02 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: 20 minutes later the door creaks open.
[Thu Oct 20 22:03:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hey!"
[Thu Oct 20 22:03:25 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: A hulking, craggy golem of stone opens the door wide.
[Thu Oct 20 22:03:43 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "You may enter." it rumbles.
[Thu Oct 20 22:04:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Thank you"
[Thu Oct 20 22:04:22 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney walks in with the others
[Thu Oct 20 22:04:36 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: The door is closed when you're all inside.
[Thu Oct 20 22:05:08 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: "Follow me." leading the way down a short corridor into a round chamber filled with curious objects.
[Thu Oct 20 22:05:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks around and tries to get her bearings
[Thu Oct 20 22:05:48 2005] : (1) DM: Stuffed animals both mundane and magical, peculiar statues and other artifacts.
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:10 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:12 2005] : (1) DM: A old man and robes of yellow enters though a door.
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:42 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Welcome, travellers from afar."
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Hey look, a blink dog!"
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna bows
[Thu Oct 20 22:06:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Thank you, sir"
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:07 2005] : (1) Wolder: ooc no there isn't....
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney nods his head in deference
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well met. Weldon I presume?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:17 2005] : (1) Wolder: ooc oh wait... yes there is.
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am Ayhlanne"
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc da dum... tish!
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "My name is Eiltranna Goldbludgeon"
[Thu Oct 20 22:07:57 2005] : (1) Wolder: "The name's Wolder of the yellow."
[Thu Oct 20 22:08:05 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And I am Huerney of the White-Eye"
[Thu Oct 20 22:08:19 2005] : (1) Wolder: "What brings you to my tower?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:08:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: "A pleasure to make your acquintance"
[Thu Oct 20 22:08:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We need your help"
[Thu Oct 20 22:08:54 2005] : (1) Wolder: "And how may I help?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:10:24 2005] : (3) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Oct 20 22:10:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We have need to travel to the city of Mordavia"
[Thu Oct 20 22:10:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We need you to err, take us somewhere"
[Thu Oct 20 22:10:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: "But we do nto have the time to travel by conventional means"
[Thu Oct 20 22:11:01 2005] : (1) Wolder: "A telportation, perhaps?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:11:08 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Indeed"
[Thu Oct 20 22:11:53 2005] : (1) Wolder: "A simple matter I visited Mordavia many times in my earlier days."
[Thu Oct 20 22:12:12 2005] : (1) Wolder: "I can arrange such a spell if you require."
[Thu Oct 20 22:12:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "What is thew current price for such a spell?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:13:03 2005] : (1) Wolder: "You speak of gold? I have no interest in gold."
[Thu Oct 20 22:13:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I speak of price, you will nto do this thin for nothing"
[Thu Oct 20 22:14:24 2005] : (1) Wolder: "A trifling teleportation I will performance as a favour to you travellers of the planes."
[Thu Oct 20 22:14:49 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Of course you understand a favour requires a favour in return, yes?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:14:58 2005] : (3) Belros: "How did you know we are not from this place?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:15:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You see sharply, lord Wolder"
[Thu Oct 20 22:15:11 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Ah, I see"
[Thu Oct 20 22:15:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A favour? OK, let's see whether we can "performance for you then"
[Thu Oct 20 22:15:44 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And the favour?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:17:12 2005] : (1) Wolder: Elitranna takes a step back and start to cast a spell.
[Thu Oct 20 22:17:42 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Tsk, how discourteous, Ms Goldbludgeon."
[Thu Oct 20 22:18:31 2005] : (6) Huerney: "You might at least have asked him"
[Thu Oct 20 22:19:18 2005] : (1) Wolder: "And not only discourteous not ineffective, (he gestures about the room), some of the artifacts in this room have spent many a long year with wizards of the dark arts."
[Thu Oct 20 22:20:01 2005] : (1) Wolder: "I think I shall charge a fee after all."
[Thu Oct 20 22:20:28 2005] : (1) Wolder: "One does dislike rude behavior in ones own home."
[Thu Oct 20 22:20:36 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney talks fast
[Thu Oct 20 22:20:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "As you observed, we are strangers here and so we don't know what to expect. But I do apologise to you whole heartedly"
[Thu Oct 20 22:20:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What just happpened?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Look, this was all a misunderstanding, you must understand that her deity forbids her to work with those who align with evil"
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:10 2005] : (1) Wolder: ooc what's your diplomacy bonus, Huerney?
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "we meant you no discourtesy"
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:30 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc 21
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc 3
[Thu Oct 20 22:21:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Oops
[Thu Oct 20 22:22:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc want a diplomacy roll?
[Thu Oct 20 22:23:07 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Apology accepted. Respect for ones god is a trait to be admired."
[Thu Oct 20 22:23:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Thank you, lord Wolder"
[Thu Oct 20 22:23:48 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Now let us discuss the favour you may do for me."
[Thu Oct 20 22:23:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna bows
[Thu Oct 20 22:24:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, I am interested in what we can do in this world that would be a favour to you"
[Thu Oct 20 22:24:27 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Beneath this old city lie the bones of cities from centuries long past."
[Thu Oct 20 22:24:48 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Catacombs. Final resting places of the dead."
[Thu Oct 20 22:25:31 2005] : (3) Belros: "Sounds... interesting"
[Thu Oct 20 22:25:48 2005] : (6) Huerney: "A charnel city?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:26:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oi, black and wsewers-like palces a gain"
[Thu Oct 20 22:27:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "A city of the dead?" Anna sounds fascinated
[Thu Oct 20 22:27:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Do you suppose the keeper ..."
[Thu Oct 20 22:27:51 2005] : (1) Wolder: "As one might expect all is not calm within such ancient halls. Various undead roam the passages."
[Thu Oct 20 22:28:29 2005] : (1) Wolder: "I require the finger bones of a skeletal king for a working I am undertaking."
[Thu Oct 20 22:28:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: "A desecration?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:28:50 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Your task is to simply retrieve said finger bones."
[Thu Oct 20 22:29:20 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Such work may be considered as such"
[Thu Oct 20 22:29:29 2005] : (1) Wolder: "The bones that walk within are from a age long past, and age of different gods. I doubt they'll mind."
[Thu Oct 20 22:29:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What awaits us down there?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:29:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [14,-2] = (12)
[Thu Oct 20 22:30:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Oct 20 22:33:20 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Apart from the ambulating skeletons? Other monsters that crave the dark are likely. I must confess to having never having found the time to explore the catacombs myself."
[Thu Oct 20 22:33:51 2005] : (3) Belros: "So how do you know these bones still exist?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:34:12 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Are there any difficulties that you are aware of in retrieving this thing?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:34:19 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Scrying and other forms of magical divinations."
[Thu Oct 20 22:35:24 2005] : (1) Wolder: "I would anticipate no particular difficulties. The skelton king might have a few objection as to the liberation of its fingers bones so I would advise you prepare for such an eventuality."
[Thu Oct 20 22:35:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ah"
[Thu Oct 20 22:35:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh"
[Thu Oct 20 22:35:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu Oct 20 22:35:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So you want us to mutilate a sentient being?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:36:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Hmm, one minute he's a skeletal king, the next a skeleton king"
[Thu Oct 20 22:36:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: "there's a whole world of difference between the two"
[Thu Oct 20 22:36:49 2005] : (1) Wolder: "I would hazard that the undead are perhaps slightly evil."
[Thu Oct 20 22:37:18 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Umm, Anna, the undead almost without exception are one of th eonly categories that fall into that zone of pure evil that you mention"
[Thu Oct 20 22:37:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smirks "slightly eh?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:37:28 2005] : (1) Wolder: "A king of people in life is now a king of undead in death."
[Thu Oct 20 22:38:19 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Fighting evil or mutilation are two different things, in my opinion"
[Thu Oct 20 22:38:51 2005] : (1) Wolder: "It is your choice of course. Perhaps one of the other wizards will aid you."
[Thu Oct 20 22:38:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I hav eno qualms about removing a body part from an undead creature"
[Thu Oct 20 22:39:00 2005] : (3) Belros: "Me neither"
[Thu Oct 20 22:39:40 2005] : (1) Wolder: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Oct 20 22:39:50 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Do you know how many subjects this undead king has?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:39:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "If this is what you want to do, I'll fight by your side, naturally. I'm just wondering about the Keeper"
[Thu Oct 20 22:40:10 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Is he able to cast spells, or is he just a big skelton?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:40:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: "The keeper despises undead"
[Thu Oct 20 22:40:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am fine with the task too."
[Thu Oct 20 22:40:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So perhaps he'd want us to put them to rest?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:40:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Our previous service to him was to stop them being created"
[Thu Oct 20 22:41:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I think so"
[Thu Oct 20 22:41:25 2005] : (1) Wolder: "It is unclear. Dozens of lesser subjects, perhaps a handful of lieutenants. Some may have been wizards or priests in their former life."
[Thu Oct 20 22:42:13 2005] : (1) Wolder: "The king, if my research is correct, was merely a mightly warrior."
[Thu Oct 20 22:42:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see. Well I guess we have to do some shopping. Unless you can provide us with a few anti-undead things?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:42:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Holy water for a start would be good"
[Thu Oct 20 22:42:46 2005] : (1) Wolder: "You may find such items to many stores about the city."
[Thu Oct 20 22:43:14 2005] : (1) Wolder: "Now if you excuse me I must attend to my work. The doorkeeper will show you out."
[Thu Oct 20 22:43:22 2005] : (6) Huerney: "The ring that Nerin had was effective against undead"
[Thu Oct 20 22:43:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: "What happened to that?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:44:07 2005] : (6) Huerney: "How do we access the catacombs?"
[Thu Oct 20 22:44:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let us discuss further outside and leave Wolder to his work"
[Thu Oct 20 22:44:10 2005] : (1) Doorkeeper: (rumbling) "This way"
[Thu Oct 20 22:44:34 2005] : (1) DM: The golem leads you outside again.
[Thu Oct 20 22:44:44 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I'm sure we can find out elsewhere"
[Thu Oct 20 22:45:19 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END