Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 29 September 2005

[Thu Sep 29 19:24:12 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Sep 29 19:24:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna takes out the cloak, puts it on and disduises herself as a young human girl
[Thu Sep 29 19:24:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Disguise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Sep 29 19:25:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: +15 for the cloak
[Thu Sep 29 19:25:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna goes out and heads for the harbour
[Thu Sep 29 19:25:46 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Actually, you don't know the ship's been seized yet, you only suspect.
[Thu Sep 29 19:25:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "And what are you going to achieve by that? Not that it is unimpressive, of course."
[Thu Sep 29 19:26:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Just making sure nobody recognises me when I go and take a look"
[Thu Sep 29 19:26:47 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Fair enough. Don't start anything without us!"
[Thu Sep 29 19:26:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We don't know what happened and we need to know"
[Thu Sep 29 19:27:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Oh, I agree - it would be foolish to launch any attack without information."
[Thu Sep 29 19:27:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Don't worry: I'm a coward at heart" Anna laughs out loud and gets moving
[Thu Sep 29 19:29:01 2005] : (1) DM: Anna heads of to the harbour.
[Thu Sep 29 19:29:31 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc sorry, I am catching up actually, so a bit off for a few minutes more
[Thu Sep 29 19:31:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc done
[Thu Sep 29 19:32:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Good :)
[Thu Sep 29 19:32:16 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I suppose we could just stay behind, their eyes will be on us"
[Thu Sep 29 19:32:34 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "and Anna will have more room to act and survey"
[Thu Sep 29 19:32:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Agreed."
[Thu Sep 29 19:33:23 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Sep 29 19:33:53 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I have a pretty good feeling this Lord Falin would have us surveyed
[Thu Sep 29 19:34:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: so we may want to not get out at the same time
[Thu Sep 29 19:34:25 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Anna, how about you go first and try to mingle.? We'll follow you in a short while"
[Thu Sep 29 19:34:31 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Aye, but we should leave, a while later, and going to a different in for a while - we might draw off the watchers."
[Thu Sep 29 19:35:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I'm not at the inn anymore, I'm already at the harbour
[Thu Sep 29 19:35:53 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I don't think we will be able to draw them off"
[Thu Sep 29 19:35:57 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Sep 29 19:36:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc oops
[Thu Sep 29 19:37:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "No need to get mean" Anna starts to cry "I'm telling my dad on you"
[Thu Sep 29 19:37:26 2005] : (1) DM: (shrug) "You do that and stop bothering us."
[Thu Sep 29 19:37:56 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne and Tar arrive at the harbour too
[Thu Sep 29 19:38:04 2005] : (1) DM: ooc that was supposed to be whispered. Oops.
[Thu Sep 29 19:38:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc I only heard it ooc.
[Thu Sep 29 19:39:27 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne and Tar, are you approaching your ship?
[Thu Sep 29 19:39:43 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Yep
[Thu Sep 29 19:39:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Yes.
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna walks over to Ayhlann and Shev and as she passes them motions them to follow her
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:37 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev follows like a good henchman
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:45 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:46 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Farkenella follows
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:50 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc shit
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: lol
[Thu Sep 29 19:40:56 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 29 19:41:26 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Sep 29 19:41:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "What are you doing here? I thought you'd wait for me?" Anna keeps on walking, not looking at the others
[Thu Sep 29 19:42:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "The inn was confining; we wished air. We thought we could be unobtrusive." Shev speaks to Ayhlanne, not Anna
[Thu Sep 29 19:43:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "No, we thought we would draw the attention to us, don't talk to us"
[Thu Sep 29 19:43:11 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: (to Tar"
[Thu Sep 29 19:44:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It is a pleasant day to sail. Shall we?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:44:49 2005] : (1) DM: Where are you all headed?
[Thu Sep 29 19:44:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Sailing? Now?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:45:09 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Only if we have a vessel."
[Thu Sep 29 19:45:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Back to the Inn, for my part."
[Thu Sep 29 19:45:22 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "What are you talking about?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:45:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna heads towards the inn
[Thu Sep 29 19:46:13 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc wait, I am confused here
[Thu Sep 29 19:46:19 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Why would we go back to the inn?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:46:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "So that we might talk."
[Thu Sep 29 19:46:42 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "In peace."
[Thu Sep 29 19:46:50 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I'd like to see the ship first"
[Thu Sep 29 19:47:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I've seen it and will tell you all about it at the inn"
[Thu Sep 29 19:47:30 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "VCan we not trust our colleague's observations?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:50:17 2005] : (1) DM: You make it back to the Silver Ram inn (The ram being the sort on a ship). It's a mid-range inn occupied by merchants and ships officers and the like.
[Thu Sep 29 19:50:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "So?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:51:10 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then there is no need to see for ourselves."
[Thu Sep 29 19:51:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Anna, what did you see?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:52:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "About 15 soldiers, 5 of them on the ship, the other 10 at the wharf, both groups with a sergeant. The ship is being searched, none of the crew in sight, thank the gods"
[Thu Sep 29 19:52:42 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "They seem to be disciplined, not easily distracted, they take their job seriously"
[Thu Sep 29 19:52:52 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I will need my armour if I am to be of any use in a fight, and my armour was left upon the ship. Do you know where the crew are?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:53:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Holed up in the city somewhere, I don't know where"
[Thu Sep 29 19:53:37 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Our best bet would be the bars near the harbour"
[Thu Sep 29 19:53:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then at the least they are safe. We have no need for the ship, so long as we can take another, but I will need my equipment."
[Thu Sep 29 19:54:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I could try to sneak aboard, but it's dangerous with 10 men standing there watching"
[Thu Sep 29 19:55:26 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Maybe we could just go and say we need our gear?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:55:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And they might already have found your armour and taken it away"
[Thu Sep 29 19:55:40 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I mean, there is no war declared against us is there?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:56:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Are you sure you want to risk that? If so, I'm game if you are"
[Thu Sep 29 19:56:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I doubt they would accept that, Ayhlanne, but it may well be worth a try. Possibly, the open approach is best. Anna, did you see any other guards, particularly archers?"
[Thu Sep 29 19:57:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "No, but I was paying more attention to the ship than to the surroundings"
[Thu Sep 29 19:57:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "The soldiers were all wearing spears, not bows"
[Thu Sep 29 19:57:52 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "ok, then we're only in trouble if we get close."
[Thu Sep 29 19:58:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then we must take the risk. At least we have the terrain to our advantage: we can use the gangplank as a narrow point and hold them there."
[Thu Sep 29 19:58:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And an occasional sword as well"
[Thu Sep 29 19:58:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "!0 ot them are *off* ths ship, so the gangplank is between two fronts"
[Thu Sep 29 19:59:31 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "But with three of us, we can hold it, from either side. If we can throw them into the water, we need not fight them."
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I prefer not fighting period, but we'll do what needs doing"
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:29 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Let us go"
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:30 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Agreed."
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: There's no point in delaying this whole thing, and depending on their reaction, we'll know what awaites us"
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I will lead, I suggest, as I am the most experienced in hand-to-hand fighting."
[Thu Sep 29 20:00:59 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "and what exactly this Falin had in mind"
[Thu Sep 29 20:01:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna takes of her disguise and put her cloak away
[Thu Sep 29 20:02:22 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev checks the fastening on his shield.
[Thu Sep 29 20:02:55 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne prepares her swords, shoulders her bow and adjusts her cloak
[Thu Sep 29 20:04:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna takes her bow out of her quiver, inspects it and puts it back, snap her fingers, looks at her axe and makes it disappear again
[Thu Sep 29 20:04:38 2005] : (1) DM: The rest of the inn patrons are looking at you slightly nervously.
[Thu Sep 29 20:05:10 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: (loudly) "We mean no harm, but there are those that mean harm to us. We wish you all a good day."
[Thu Sep 29 20:05:47 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne suimply walks out of the inn
[Thu Sep 29 20:06:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna folllows, smiling sweetly at the patrons
[Thu Sep 29 20:07:04 2005] : (1) DM: The crowds in the streets avoid you as you make your way down to the harbour.
[Thu Sep 29 20:07:10 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 29 20:10:12 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: back
[Thu Sep 29 20:11:41 2005] : (1) DM: As you approach your ship, the soldiers on the wharf form up into ranks and the sargeant walks across the gangplank to shore.
[Thu Sep 29 20:12:09 2005] : (1) Sargeant: The sargeant says something in his native tongue to the soldiers.
[Thu Sep 29 20:12:12 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc there's 10 on board and 10 off, right?
[Thu Sep 29 20:12:27 2005] : (1) Sargeant: 10 on shore + sargeant, 5 on ship.
[Thu Sep 29 20:13:02 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Hi there"
[Thu Sep 29 20:13:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I greet you."
[Thu Sep 29 20:13:18 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "We were on our way, and thought we would gather our things from the ship"
[Thu Sep 29 20:13:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How nice it is to see how well protected our belongings are"
[Thu Sep 29 20:13:52 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "This ship and its contents have been seized. You may not board."
[Thu Sep 29 20:14:05 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Seized on what grounds?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:14:23 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "Lord Falin's orders. Take the matter up with him."
[Thu Sep 29 20:14:32 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Yes, indeed, a little explanation would be good"
[Thu Sep 29 20:14:50 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "This said, you can keep the ship, but my friend there has left a few things on board"
[Thu Sep 29 20:15:19 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc I have all my stuff, I assume all horse gear stayed there, otherwise I can't carry or did everything come with us?
[Thu Sep 29 20:15:23 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "I cannot allow you on board."
[Thu Sep 29 20:15:46 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "On what grounds?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:15:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Can you carry our belongings for us, or instruct your men to do so?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:15:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Would you then be so kind so fetch my friends armour for him?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:16:39 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "I already explained: the ship /and/ it's contents are now the property of Lord Falin."
[Thu Sep 29 20:16:59 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Oh"
[Thu Sep 29 20:17:17 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I fail to understand which part of "on what grounds" you don't understand"
[Thu Sep 29 20:17:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You would have a comrade in arms walk around without his armour?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:18:25 2005] : (1) Sargeant: Listen lady, I have my orders. Go ask Lord Falin if you want answers."
[Thu Sep 29 20:18:34 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then Lord Falin is a thief and coward. Let him meet me on the field of honour, unless you are willing to take his place."
[Thu Sep 29 20:19:56 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "Yeah? And where do you think you'll be going with this ship." (He gestures out to the bay, where a number of warships are patrolling)
[Thu Sep 29 20:20:12 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We do not want the ship, only the armour."
[Thu Sep 29 20:20:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We told you: we don't want the ship, just one pioece of armour"
[Thu Sep 29 20:20:47 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It is ceremonial armour, and would not fit any other than I, so is of no value to your Lord."
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:05 2005] : (1) Sargeant: Bluff roll
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:18 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [18,0] = (18)
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:19 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc you should roll that no? :)
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And we can'f fight for your lord without the right equipment"
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:46 2005] : (1) Sargeant: ooc yeah. I'll roll it.
[Thu Sep 29 20:21:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nooo! I got a decent score!
[Thu Sep 29 20:22:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 29 20:23:21 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "Maybe it is cermonial armour but it's a pretty fine set battle armour as well."
[Thu Sep 29 20:24:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "But unsuitable for any others to wear. You see the size of me; any armour broad enough would not fit any of your soldiers nor even yourself."
[Thu Sep 29 20:25:16 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "Listen, I ain't letting you on board this ship, I ain't fetching your armour like some page boy. Now piss off."
[Thu Sep 29 20:25:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So let me go, I'll even leave my daggers behind"
[Thu Sep 29 20:26:26 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "No."
[Thu Sep 29 20:26:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna takes her daggers out of her belt and hands them to Ayhlanne
[Thu Sep 29 20:27:11 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc what sort of armour are the soldiers wearing?
[Thu Sep 29 20:27:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Aww, come on" Anna makes sure her purse jingles as she says it
[Thu Sep 29 20:27:24 2005] : (1) Sargeant: ooc the soldiers have chain mail.
[Thu Sep 29 20:29:20 2005] : (1) Sargeant: The sargeant look at Anna. "What's in it for me, eh?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:29:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "A couple of silver, 5 perhaps? All you have to do is never say you found that armour"
[Thu Sep 29 20:31:13 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "For 20 gold I might look the other way."
[Thu Sep 29 20:32:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "20 gold? For how rich do you take us? I can offer you 3"
[Thu Sep 29 20:32:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I could give 2 more"
[Thu Sep 29 20:33:03 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "7 gold."
[Thu Sep 29 20:33:05 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "As could I."
[Thu Sep 29 20:33:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "& is it. Permission to come aboard, sir?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:34:00 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "No." (he shouts something to one of the soldiers on board who brings out the armour).
[Thu Sep 29 20:34:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna collects the gold from Ayhlanne and Sheav and pays the man
[Thu Sep 29 20:34:37 2005] : (1) Sargeant: "Now get lost."
[Thu Sep 29 20:34:54 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: 3have a good day"
[Thu Sep 29 20:34:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "With pleasure"
[Thu Sep 29 20:35:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "You have been most helpful, I will be sure to let Lord Falin know."
[Thu Sep 29 20:35:21 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Or not..."
[Thu Sep 29 20:35:31 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Don't worry, we just came to say hello"
[Thu Sep 29 20:35:55 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne kicks Tar subrepticiously
[Thu Sep 29 20:36:10 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: To Ayhlanne: "Is Shev always this reckless?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:37:24 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne eases her weapons on her back and turns away
[Thu Sep 29 20:37:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev bows, and grins
[Thu Sep 29 20:38:21 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: (when we're a bit off, to Tar) "Telling lord Falin heh? what got you to say that?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:38:46 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: to Anna "well done friend, I was about to kick the man"
[Thu Sep 29 20:38:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And why would you want to challenge him to a duel, before you got your armour back?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:39:19 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Never underestimate the power of corruption"
[Thu Sep 29 20:39:27 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am irritated with this corrupt little backwater, and would happily burn it to the ground. I wished to instil a little fear."
[Thu Sep 29 20:39:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am aware of the power of corruption, as I have spent most of my life fighting against it."
[Thu Sep 29 20:40:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So you tried to take on 15 men with just the 3 of us? Doesn't sound very efficient to me, I'd think we could do better if we put our mind to it"
[Thu Sep 29 20:40:53 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "They would only be able to approach one at a time, so we would do well. Never mind; we have what we needed."
[Thu Sep 29 20:41:25 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I would have gone for it, this man was utterly unpleasant, and actually, this story is utterly unpleasant from the start"
[Thu Sep 29 20:41:32 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "What does our crystal ball friend say?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:41:42 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne taps on the orb
[Thu Sep 29 20:42:06 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Yes?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:42:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Not in the middle of the street! Let's find a nice backroom in an inn"
[Thu Sep 29 20:43:21 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Errr, let us move away a bit"
[Thu Sep 29 20:43:31 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks for a quieter place
[Thu Sep 29 20:43:41 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc you all stand out as it is. Your dress is destinctly foreign and you look like adventurers rather than ordinary folk.
[Thu Sep 29 20:44:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc But speaking to an orb is something else altogether
[Thu Sep 29 20:45:27 2005] : (1) Haldon: Quieter place being an inn or some back alley or what?
[Thu Sep 29 20:45:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: A back alley.
[Thu Sep 29 20:45:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Yep, something like that
[Thu Sep 29 20:45:54 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: I can stand at the entrance, and deter people from entering.
[Thu Sep 29 20:45:56 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Back alley it is
[Thu Sep 29 20:46:34 2005] : (1) Haldon: A scrawy alley cat hisses and darts away.
[Thu Sep 29 20:47:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna walks to she shadows and keeps an eye on the entrance to the alley
[Thu Sep 29 20:47:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] -> [8,28] = (36)
[Thu Sep 29 20:47:46 2005] : (1) Haldon: "So what do you want now? I'm in the middle of a major working so would appreciate it if you didn't take too long."
[Thu Sep 29 20:48:12 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "We need some information on this Falin person"
[Thu Sep 29 20:49:08 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Er. (scratches his head) I don't know anything about him. Probably some ruthless, cut-throat pirate like everything in these islands."
[Thu Sep 29 20:49:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "That figures"
[Thu Sep 29 20:50:24 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "I see, I would not say outloud that you are being totally useless in this whole story, but i think it so hard hat you probably heard it anyway"
[Thu Sep 29 20:50:36 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "What next?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:51:40 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Useless? I'l show you useless." He gestures and says a word.
[Thu Sep 29 20:51:48 2005] : (1) Haldon: Ayhlanne, your hair is on fire.
[Thu Sep 29 20:51:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Don't call him useless, he got us this nice, all expense paid trip to nowhere. Did I say all epxense paid? I meant: bloody expensive, of course"
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:04 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne drops the orb
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:07 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: arrrrggghhhhh
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna leaves the shadows, carrying her axe
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:31 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne unclaps her cloak and uses it to pout out the fire
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:35 2005] : (1) Haldon: *Ouch*
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:38 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Could your orb stand this, you think?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:52:49 2005] : (1) Haldon: You put out the fire easily, it was only small.
[Thu Sep 29 20:53:52 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon holds up his hands. "How lets not be hasty shall we. Just a little joke. Ha Ha. Funny, see?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:54:20 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Very funny indeed"
[Thu Sep 29 20:54:40 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne puts her cloak back and all
[Thu Sep 29 20:54:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I love fun, especially when I get to smash things"
[Thu Sep 29 20:55:42 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Okay, I'm sorry. Please... pick me up."
[Thu Sep 29 20:55:49 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Yes, smashing this orb seems to be one of my recurrent dreams these days"
[Thu Sep 29 20:56:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Or leaving it at the bottom of the sea, I dream about that"
[Thu Sep 29 20:57:01 2005] : (1) Haldon: "And how would you get home if you did?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:58:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Are we getting home now? Well, are we?" Anna is getting very angry
[Thu Sep 29 20:58:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We are resourceful, and could create a new reputation on this world. We do not need you, though it seems to me that you need our goodwill."
[Thu Sep 29 20:59:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How about we offer him to lord Talin?"
[Thu Sep 29 20:59:41 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "And I suppose there are sorceres, magicians, what do I know, people who can help us figure out a way"
[Thu Sep 29 21:00:18 2005] : (1) Haldon: (grumpily) "Fine. Suit yourself. Won't tell you what I know about that elf if you leave."
[Thu Sep 29 21:00:32 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then tell us, and we will not leave."
[Thu Sep 29 21:00:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Would you like labouring for that lord as you did for the elven queen?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:01:28 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Um. well. I don't know all the details yet."
[Thu Sep 29 21:02:53 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "But just a little info would be nice"
[Thu Sep 29 21:03:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "pretend you know something at least"
[Thu Sep 29 21:03:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna turns in disgust and returns to the shadows
[Thu Sep 29 21:03:08 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sighs
[Thu Sep 29 21:03:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] -> [10,28] = (38)
[Thu Sep 29 21:03:56 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Er. I'm still working on it, actually. (muttering) and it would go much faster if you lot didn't keep interrupting."
[Thu Sep 29 21:05:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then all that is left us is to find a new ship and some charts. Do you feel that a warship would be useful?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:05:34 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc who ar e you talking too?
[Thu Sep 29 21:05:47 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc to the cgroup.
[Thu Sep 29 21:05:55 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "A warship?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:06:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Why a warship?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:06:08 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "There's three of us"
[Thu Sep 29 21:06:16 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How would we sail on of those?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:06:17 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Let us find the crew and then decide what we can do"
[Thu Sep 29 21:06:26 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Aye, with its weaponry. We have a crew, and they would sail a warship as happily as any other."
[Thu Sep 29 21:07:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let's visit a few bars and give them a chance to find us then"
[Thu Sep 29 21:09:16 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Ok"
[Thu Sep 29 21:09:20 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: LEt us go"
[Thu Sep 29 21:09:45 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc trawling the bars in the harbour area will eventually net you Oram and the rest of the crew. What are you going to tell them?
[Thu Sep 29 21:10:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Tell them the truth - Falin and his men are a bunch of thieving .....
[Thu Sep 29 21:10:28 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc The truth, of course, all about the lord, the soldiers and the ship
[Thu Sep 29 21:11:51 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna confers with the others: "Do we tell them about the orb and Haldon?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:11:53 2005] : (1) DM: Oram agrees that Falin is a scheming pirate but notes that even pirates have honour and won't (generally) back out of a deal once it's made. Perhaps, you can come to some arrangement with him?
[Thu Sep 29 21:12:18 2005] : (1) DM: He also reminds you of the warships in the bay and asks if you have the means to avoid them.
[Thu Sep 29 21:12:20 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc I skipped the deal part, can someone fill me in?
[Thu Sep 29 21:12:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "we tried to come to an agreement, and he stole the ship from behind us."
[Thu Sep 29 21:12:32 2005] : (1) DM: And finally he asks about the charts of the horthern waters.
[Thu Sep 29 21:14:14 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Lord Falin says he has some, but we never got to see them"
[Thu Sep 29 21:14:57 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc what agreement was that?
[Thu Sep 29 21:15:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc None, as yet
[Thu Sep 29 21:16:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc We were discussing one when I had to leave suddenly
[Thu Sep 29 21:17:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We had no agreement; the discussion did not last that long."
[Thu Sep 29 21:18:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We were discussing one when I suddenly felt the urge to visit you, Oram"
[Thu Sep 29 21:19:39 2005] : (1) Oram: "Perhaps being seen sneaking around Falin's palace while trying to make a deal was not such a good idea. I'm just saying, mind."
[Thu Sep 29 21:20:06 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Well, what's past is past"
[Thu Sep 29 21:20:24 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Let us see how we carry on"
[Thu Sep 29 21:20:43 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Nobody saw me sneaking" Anna grins "I couldn't very well let you be taken by the soldiers to be sold on the slave-market, could I?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:21:29 2005] : (1) Oram: "Point taken."
[Thu Sep 29 21:22:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "All anybody knows is that I left the palace and was seen walking in the park, nobody saw me leave or enter the grounds"
[Thu Sep 29 21:22:28 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "OK, so we need a boat right, there is no other way?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:22:52 2005] : (1) DM: Unless you want to stay on this island. You could do that if you wanted.
[Thu Sep 29 21:22:54 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Oram, sdo we need a warship, or will a normal boat do? What do you reckon, what will get us through those waters?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:23:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And we need maps"
[Thu Sep 29 21:24:25 2005] : (1) Oram: "We don't have enough crew for one of the biremes."
[Thu Sep 29 21:24:27 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Yes, maps would be good. Maybe a library?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:25:03 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc you can do the plotting and scheming non-real-time if you prefer.
[Thu Sep 29 21:25:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: sounds good
[Thu Sep 29 21:25:34 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: yes, sounds good
[Thu Sep 29 21:26:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: So: how to find a ship and the maps
[Thu Sep 29 21:26:06 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ok, so I propose Library or whatever merchant's guild or other to find maps
[Thu Sep 29 21:26:12 2005] : (1) Oram: If you ask around about a library you learn Falin's is located in the palace compound.
[Thu Sep 29 21:26:19 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Preferably a ship stolen from lord Falin
[Thu Sep 29 21:26:23 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ok, good
[Thu Sep 29 21:27:15 2005] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 29 21:27:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: We could try talking to Falin again, he's got no proof either of us acted against him
[Thu Sep 29 21:28:04 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: So we need maps, a ship, and (maybe) some more crew. If we want more crew, we could "steal" some slaves, and offer them freedom in exchange for their help on our next voyage.
[Thu Sep 29 21:28:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Why not?
[Thu Sep 29 21:28:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: We could become the slave-liberators of this world ;)
[Thu Sep 29 21:28:57 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: lol
[Thu Sep 29 21:29:44 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: yo!
[Thu Sep 29 21:29:57 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ok, so library stuff is under control, I suggest we go to the library
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:09 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: and send Oram to look for a suitable ship
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:13 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: he's better than we are
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:20 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: then we scheme to get the ship
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:26 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: he cana lso recruit the crew
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:31 2005] : (1) DM: Oram agrees to scout out the harbour for suitable ships.
[Thu Sep 29 21:30:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: The library might pose a little problem, since it's located in the palace grounds
[Thu Sep 29 21:31:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Aye, but were the other end of the palace to burn, they would not be so concerned with guarding the library."
[Thu Sep 29 21:32:14 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: smart move
[Thu Sep 29 21:32:23 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: so we put the palace on fire, look for the maps
[Thu Sep 29 21:32:26 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: and a boat
[Thu Sep 29 21:32:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: It would be nice to know where the maps are first, time might be short, even with a distraction
[Thu Sep 29 21:33:18 2005] : (1) DM: Haldon ventures that can may be able to create an illusion of some form to disguise a ship.
[Thu Sep 29 21:34:16 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: cool stuff
[Thu Sep 29 21:34:28 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "For once, I can say that I am glad we have you Haldon"
[Thu Sep 29 21:34:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That would help. Some sort of invisibility for me would help, as I cannot hide in full armour."
[Thu Sep 29 21:34:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: So how about I try tio sneak into the library first to find the maps?
[Thu Sep 29 21:34:45 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ok, you sneak, no need for a fire actually
[Thu Sep 29 21:35:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: aye
[Thu Sep 29 21:35:51 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: A fire would be nice, I wouldn't mind seeing that palace going up in smoke ;)
[Thu Sep 29 21:36:18 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ok, I think we're set. Take over the boart at night with the crew, try not to mingle them too much into the killing if killing there is and off we go with Haldon's help
[Thu Sep 29 21:36:27 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We can always set the fire after we leave."
[Thu Sep 29 21:37:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Now THAT sounds like a plan"
[Thu Sep 29 21:38:22 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then we act."
[Thu Sep 29 21:38:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You look for a ship while I look for those maps?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:38:29 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Aye."
[Thu Sep 29 21:38:43 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "When and where do we meet?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:39:49 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "at the bharbour"
[Thu Sep 29 21:39:54 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: *harbour
[Thu Sep 29 21:39:56 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "At the sixth bell, by the docks." (ooc midnight)
[Thu Sep 29 21:40:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Right, I'll be there"
[Thu Sep 29 21:40:39 2005] : (1) DM: Oram at this point has returned from this harbour tour.
[Thu Sep 29 21:40:42 2005] : (1) DM: ./nick Oram
[Thu Sep 29 21:40:43 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Softly: "If I'm still alive"
[Thu Sep 29 21:41:19 2005] : (1) Oram: "Not a whole lotta choice I must say."
[Thu Sep 29 21:41:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "But a ship, nonetheless?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:42:09 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "But you found one?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:42:48 2005] : (1) Oram: "There's a bunch of slow, fat bottomed merchants. Not the sort of thing for dashing about in."
[Thu Sep 29 21:43:22 2005] : (1) Oram: "Then there's one of Falin's war galleys. It's manned and guarded mind."
[Thu Sep 29 21:43:31 2005] : (1) Oram: "And finally, there's our old ship."
[Thu Sep 29 21:43:55 2005] : (1) Oram: "It's guarded but not half so much as the warship."
[Thu Sep 29 21:44:28 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Probably our best bet, you know it, the crew does too, it's half of the work done already"
[Thu Sep 29 21:44:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "aye, but a warship might give pause to pirates."
[Thu Sep 29 21:44:58 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So how do we take it out without getting killed?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:45:41 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "How many guards?"
[Thu Sep 29 21:45:51 2005] : (1) Oram: "Had a sniff round for a crew and it's gonna take a while longer to get one together. Gotta have a crew you can trust and not just riff-raff off the street."
[Thu Sep 29 21:46:22 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "In which case, we should take our old vessel, and sink the warship.
[Thu Sep 29 21:46:46 2005] : (1) Oram: "Ha. I like it."
[Thu Sep 29 21:46:57 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "OK, so whe have time to go get the maps"
[Thu Sep 29 21:47:01 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: *we
[Thu Sep 29 21:47:09 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Or, in that case, you"
[Thu Sep 29 21:47:24 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne points at Anna
[Thu Sep 29 21:47:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Oram, can you find us a barrel of something flammable but not explosive? My sword will light it, when the time comes."
[Thu Sep 29 21:47:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "On my way, ma'am"
[Thu Sep 29 21:48:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna walks to the palace grounds and scales the wall as close to the library as possible
[Thu Sep 29 21:48:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [12,26] = (38)
[Thu Sep 29 21:48:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Sep 29 21:49:01 2005] : (1) Oram: It's dark by now, btw.
[Thu Sep 29 21:49:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Sep 29 21:49:18 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Ouch
[Thu Sep 29 21:49:30 2005] : (1) DM: How are you climbing the wall? grappling hook and rope again?
[Thu Sep 29 21:50:28 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Yep, knotted rope
[Thu Sep 29 21:51:28 2005] : (1) DM: Your grapple clinks against the wall and you switly climb up to the wall.
[Thu Sep 29 21:51:46 2005] : (1) DM: You jump down the other side but land badly.
[Thu Sep 29 21:51:53 2005] : (1) DM: Take [1d6] -> [3] = (3) falling damage.
[Thu Sep 29 21:52:33 2005] : (1) DM: The major paths and doorways in the grounds are lit by torches but the rest is shrouded in darkness.
[Thu Sep 29 21:52:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Just a scratch :)
[Thu Sep 29 21:52:55 2005] : (1) DM: An occasional servant or guards moves around.
[Thu Sep 29 21:52:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna keeps to the shadows as much as possible
[Thu Sep 29 21:52:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] -> [2,28] = (30)
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [9,26] = (35)
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc I've been playing Thief: Deadly Shadows recently :-)
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Nice?
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:32 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I like it.
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc very shiny
[Thu Sep 29 21:53:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 29 21:54:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Are there torches near the library door?
[Thu Sep 29 21:54:44 2005] : (1) DM: Anna, the library is a wing off the main palace building/hall. The doorway is lit by torches.
[Thu Sep 29 21:54:56 2005] : (1) DM: There are large windows though.
[Thu Sep 29 21:55:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Checking the windows then
[Thu Sep 29 21:55:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: How are they fastened?
[Thu Sep 29 21:55:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
[Thu Sep 29 21:56:41 2005] : (1) DM: They're those windows with the little diamond panes. They're latched from within and open outwards.
[Thu Sep 29 21:58:16 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Can I open them with an open lock check?
[Thu Sep 29 21:58:29 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Hmmm.
[Thu Sep 29 21:59:00 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Only if you can devise some way of operating the latch from without.
[Thu Sep 29 21:59:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna looks around to see if anyone's near
[Thu Sep 29 21:59:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
[Thu Sep 29 22:00:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: And brakes the glass of one of the panes, protecting her hand with a piece of cloth
[Thu Sep 29 22:01:21 2005] : (1) DM: k
[Thu Sep 29 22:01:56 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Listening to hear is someone's coming
[Thu Sep 29 22:01:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
[Thu Sep 29 22:02:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: And tries to open thw window
[Thu Sep 29 22:02:37 2005] : (1) DM: You don't hear anything exceptional
[Thu Sep 29 22:02:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [7,19] = (26)
[Thu Sep 29 22:02:54 2005] : (1) DM: You open the latch easily and the window creaks open.
[Thu Sep 29 22:03:14 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Can I climb in easily?
[Thu Sep 29 22:03:30 2005] : (1) DM: Yup. It's a large window.
[Thu Sep 29 22:03:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Getting in and closing the window behind me
[Thu Sep 29 22:04:31 2005] : (1) DM: Inside the library is dark.
[Thu Sep 29 22:04:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Casting light on my axe and having a look around
[Thu Sep 29 22:05:16 2005] : (1) DM: It's a relatively small library book shelfs line the walls and there is a larger cabinet, a table and chairs sits in the middle of the room.
[Thu Sep 29 22:05:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anything like maps in sight?
[Thu Sep 29 22:05:40 2005] : (1) DM: No.
[Thu Sep 29 22:06:17 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Going over to the cabinet, and looking it over, examining the lock and looking for traps
[Thu Sep 29 22:06:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [18,15] = (33)
[Thu Sep 29 22:06:47 2005] : (1) DM: You don't detect any traps, the cabinet is locked.
[Thu Sep 29 22:07:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Opening the lock
[Thu Sep 29 22:07:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [11,19] = (30)
[Thu Sep 29 22:07:44 2005] : (1) DM: The lock doesn't open. It's a very complicated and intricate one.
[Thu Sep 29 22:08:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Taking 20
[Thu Sep 29 22:08:49 2005] : (1) DM: Okay, you take your time and concentrate on the lock. Is your axe still glowing?
[Thu Sep 29 22:09:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: I think so
[Thu Sep 29 22:09:14 2005] : (1) DM: Make a listen check.
[Thu Sep 29 22:10:02 2005] : (1) DM: Listen check, please.
[Thu Sep 29 22:10:26 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
[Thu Sep 29 22:10:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Sorry, looking at the light spell, active for 10 min/lvl
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc So 20 minutes in total
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:06 2005] : (5) Belros (enter): 22:11
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:10 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc elo
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:12 2005] : (1) DM: You hear footsteps outside approaching.
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:25 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Bert opens the door... ;)
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:31 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc :)
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:34 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc tada
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc hi Bert
[Thu Sep 29 22:11:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Ana's axe disappears and Anna retreats to a corner
[Thu Sep 29 22:12:02 2005] : (1) DM: Hide check
[Thu Sep 29 22:12:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Hi Bert, good to see you here
[Thu Sep 29 22:12:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] -> [13,28] = (41)
[Thu Sep 29 22:12:45 2005] : (1) DM: Keys jingle and the door opens, someone peers in and looks around.
[Thu Sep 29 22:12:49 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Sep 29 22:13:16 2005] : (1) DM: The guard leaves and locks the door behind him. Muttering something.
[Thu Sep 29 22:13:39 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc \o/ Bert
[Thu Sep 29 22:13:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna waits for a moment before returning to the cabinet
[Thu Sep 29 22:14:20 2005] : (1) DM: Getting back to working on the lock?
[Thu Sep 29 22:14:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Opening the door and having a good look inside
[Thu Sep 29 22:14:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
[Thu Sep 29 22:15:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Any maps here?
[Thu Sep 29 22:15:07 2005] : (1) DM: After a minute or so the lock clicks and you can open the door.
[Thu Sep 29 22:15:26 2005] : (1) DM: Inside are a dozen or so rolls of parchment.
[Thu Sep 29 22:15:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Sorry, thought I had already opened the lock
[Thu Sep 29 22:16:41 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Any maps there?
[Thu Sep 29 22:17:21 2005] : (1) DM: Only rolls of parchment tied up.
[Thu Sep 29 22:17:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Opening 2 or 3 of them to see what's on them
[Thu Sep 29 22:18:20 2005] : (1) DM: You unroll one, it crackles and rustles surprisingly loudly in the otherwise quiet library.
[Thu Sep 29 22:18:32 2005] : (1) DM: It's a nautical chart of some sort.
[Thu Sep 29 22:18:57 2005] : (1) DM: The words on the chart are unfamilar to you and you can't read it.
[Thu Sep 29 22:18:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Getting all the rolls out and stuffing them in my backpack
[Thu Sep 29 22:19:09 2005] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Sep 29 22:19:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Can I try locking the cabinet again?
[Thu Sep 29 22:19:56 2005] : (1) DM: Yup. It'll take you a minute or two again.
[Thu Sep 29 22:20:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Right, locking the cabinet before going out of the window and locking the window behind me as well
[Thu Sep 29 22:20:52 2005] : (1) DM: k
[Thu Sep 29 22:21:01 2005] : (1) DM: Sneaking back over the wall?
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Yep
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:14 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [15,26] = (41)
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:18 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:37 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc tumble?? sounds bad :)
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:42 2005] : (1) DM: You climb over the wall and drop softly down the otherside. Unnoticed by any guards.
[Thu Sep 29 22:22:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I kicked the glass into a dark corner before getting out
[Thu Sep 29 22:23:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Strolling back to the harbour, keeping to the shadows
[Thu Sep 29 22:23:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [9,26] = (35)
[Thu Sep 29 22:23:14 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+28] -> [8,28] = (36)
[Thu Sep 29 22:23:47 2005] : (1) DM: You reach the others.
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:00 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "How did it go?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Oram: will these do?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:18 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros has joined the others while she was away
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:24 2005] : (1) DM: Oram unrolls a few.
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna gets the rolls of parchment out and shows them to Oram
[Thu Sep 29 22:24:49 2005] : (1) Oram.: "Very good charts these, Ah, and here's the one we need."
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Good! So how about taking our ship back now?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:25 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Yep it's time to go"
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:29 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc I assume they have our ship?
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:36 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc yeah
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:43 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc you were awith us all the time, as I was last week ;)
[Thu Sep 29 22:25:52 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc we're taking ti back
[Thu Sep 29 22:26:07 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc good. Didn't want to miss that bit :)
[Thu Sep 29 22:26:17 2005] : (1) Oram: Which ship are you going for? A slow, lumbering merchant? A fast and well armed warship or the nimble pirate galley?
[Thu Sep 29 22:26:19 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc :D
[Thu Sep 29 22:26:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How about the nimble one"
[Thu Sep 29 22:26:42 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Going for the pirate ship, I think, as we've not got enough crew for a warship.
[Thu Sep 29 22:27:07 2005] : (1) Oram: "Did someone mention sinking the warship?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:27:24 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Tar did"
[Thu Sep 29 22:27:27 2005] : (5) Belros: "I'm sure we could manage that"
[Thu Sep 29 22:27:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Yes, and a fireball should help!
[Thu Sep 29 22:28:08 2005] : (5) Belros: "My my, now theres a good idea"
[Thu Sep 29 22:28:14 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc not going for the sneaky departure I see ;)
[Thu Sep 29 22:28:47 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc steal the boat and torch the war one as we get underway
[Thu Sep 29 22:29:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc it's a diversion.
[Thu Sep 29 22:29:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Do we still torch the palace before we leave?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:29:52 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "No, I think that is a bit too much"
[Thu Sep 29 22:29:54 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Aye!"
[Thu Sep 29 22:29:56 2005] : (5) Belros: "No point alerting them"
[Thu Sep 29 22:30:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Awww"
[Thu Sep 29 22:30:52 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "We'll have enough on our hands with the war ship"
[Thu Sep 29 22:31:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "It's just that I'd really like to pay Falin back for trying to steal the ship and capture the crew"
[Thu Sep 29 22:32:14 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc you all itching for a fight tonight?
[Thu Sep 29 22:32:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So what's the plan?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:32:20 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc not much :-P
[Thu Sep 29 22:32:23 2005] : (5) Belros: "I know what you mean, but surely our getting away with his maps and destroying his boats is enough"
[Thu Sep 29 22:32:53 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "How many of his ships can you sink?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:33:46 2005] : (5) Belros: "One easily, maybe another without too much trouble"
[Thu Sep 29 22:34:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Did you arrange for a floating firebomb yet?"
[Thu Sep 29 22:34:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then that would be good."
[Thu Sep 29 22:35:27 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc DM: did Oram prove able to get us a barrel of something flammable?
[Thu Sep 29 22:35:45 2005] : (1) Oram: Um. I don't recall you asking...
[Thu Sep 29 22:36:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc It was just before I set out for the library
[Thu Sep 29 22:36:26 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc I did, honest :-P
[Thu Sep 29 22:36:51 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc Didn't notice it sorry. What sort of thing where you thinking of?
[Thu Sep 29 22:37:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Inflammable material on some small vessel IIRC
[Thu Sep 29 22:37:54 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc barrel of flammables, as a sort of incendiary device.
[Thu Sep 29 22:38:23 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc Oram can locate an empty barrel, you're going to have be more specific about what you want in it though.
[Thu Sep 29 22:39:32 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: "Some fabric, a bit of oil, a wick of some kind, probably dried leaves"
[Thu Sep 29 22:39:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Simple pitch should do the trick, I'd say
[Thu Sep 29 22:39:42 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc gunpoweder, oil, pitch, etc
[Thu Sep 29 22:39:51 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc what's pitch?
[Thu Sep 29 22:40:02 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc tar
[Thu Sep 29 22:40:13 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc k, thx :)
[Thu Sep 29 22:40:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Should be easy to find in any harbour :)
[Thu Sep 29 22:41:05 2005] : (1) Oram: Okay, Some of the crew have purloined a snall barrel of pitch.
[Thu Sep 29 22:41:07 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc isn't it used to seal the boards?
[Thu Sep 29 22:41:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Yep
[Thu Sep 29 22:41:45 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc tarred rope is used to caulk planking on boats.
[Thu Sep 29 22:41:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Hemp and pitch
[Thu Sep 29 22:42:59 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc the fight might go on awhile, post pone to next week?
[Thu Sep 29 22:43:09 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc fine with me
[Thu Sep 29 22:43:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Right, if we can soak some cloth in this, it will work as a wick. We can start a fire that will burn for hours, and then set sail."
[Thu Sep 29 22:43:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc I'm not here next week. In fact, Thursdays are becoming difficult - the dance class has moved nights.
[Thu Sep 29 22:43:44 2005] : (4) Ayhlanne: ooc fine with me as well
[Thu Sep 29 22:43:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Next week will be fine
[Thu Sep 29 22:44:58 2005] : (1) Oram: GAME END