Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 15 September 2005

[Thu Sep 15 19:33:45 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Sep 15 19:33:49 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc phew!
[Thu Sep 15 19:33:54 2005] : (1) DM: If you could all roll initiative.
[Thu Sep 15 19:33:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Sep 15 19:34:00 2005] : (2) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 19:34:09 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20] -> [11] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 19:34:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 19:35:30 2005] : (1) DM: The ship, a small galley with a single bank of oars, is about 200 ft away and approaching.
[Thu Sep 15 19:35:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc /me hopes his allies have some better rolls than that in store!
[Thu Sep 15 19:35:34 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, your turn.
[Thu Sep 15 19:35:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Are there any rocks on the beach?
[Thu Sep 15 19:36:37 2005] : (1) DM: It's a sandy beach, no rocks. There are some branches of driftwood and coconuts that have been washed ashore and started to sprout.
[Thu Sep 15 19:37:18 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm going to delay until initiative 10.
[Thu Sep 15 19:37:58 2005] : (1) DM: k. The ship isn't going to get here for quite a few round, though.
[Thu Sep 15 19:38:21 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc can you chuck a coconut 200ft?
[Thu Sep 15 19:38:27 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc probably not.
[Thu Sep 15 19:38:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Can I see anyone on deck?
[Thu Sep 15 19:38:55 2005] : (1) DM: There's a robed figure standing on the prow.
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:03 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm going to shoot at him then.
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (second): [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:26 2005] : (1) DM: What's the range increment for a longbow?
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: 110 ft
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:37 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: (so -1, iirc)
[Thu Sep 15 19:39:51 2005] : (1) DM: -2? Let me check.
[Thu Sep 15 19:40:40 2005] : (1) DM: -2 for each range increment. so 23 and 17.
[Thu Sep 15 19:40:57 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ok
[Thu Sep 15 19:41:12 2005] : (1) DM: One of your arrows strikes the figures shoulder and the other thuds harmlessly into the planking.
[Thu Sep 15 19:41:35 2005] : (1) DM: The figure raises his arms above his head and chants some strange words.
[Thu Sep 15 19:41:52 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc can I make them out?
[Thu Sep 15 19:42:02 2005] : (2) Belros: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [8,14] = (22)
[Thu Sep 15 19:43:29 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Um. One moment. The spell I was about to use is too short a range.
[Thu Sep 15 19:43:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: lol
[Thu Sep 15 19:47:18 2005] : (1) DM: As he casts the ship becomes shrouded in mist
[Thu Sep 15 19:48:03 2005] : (1) DM: The ship moves closer by, um, 50 ft.
[Thu Sep 15 19:48:13 2005] : (1) DM: Or rather the mist moves closer by 50 ft.
[Thu Sep 15 19:48:20 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Sep 15 19:48:47 2005] : (2) Belros: Casts...: Mage Armour (+4 AC 10hrs)
[Thu Sep 15 19:49:25 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc why is it that every week I have to figure out my AC? :/
[Thu Sep 15 19:49:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc write it down?
[Thu Sep 15 19:49:56 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc too easy I guess
[Thu Sep 15 19:50:38 2005] : (1) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:06 2005] : (2) Belros: that'll do
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:12 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:20 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc sorry, should've said
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne steps away from the fire, so as not to be too easy a target, and tries to blend in by adjusting cloak and stuff
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:36 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [12,17] = (29)
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:47 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: and tries to see through the mist
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
[Thu Sep 15 19:51:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: done
[Thu Sep 15 19:52:11 2005] : (1) DM: It's too dark and misty to see that far clearly.
[Thu Sep 15 19:52:16 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 19:53:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Hmm
[Thu Sep 15 19:53:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Move away from the beach and the fire, heading up towards the treeline
[Thu Sep 15 19:53:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Follow me! Take cover!"
[Thu Sep 15 19:54:13 2005] : (1) DM: done?
[Thu Sep 15 19:55:33 2005] : (1) DM: I'll assume so....
[Thu Sep 15 19:56:46 2005] : (1) DM: The noise of the oars in the water and the drumming ceases and the wall of mist glides closer by another 50 ft. The waves lapping on the ships hull are the only sound.
[Thu Sep 15 19:56:53 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 19:57:24 2005] : (2) Belros: cast Dispel Magic on the cloud
[Thu Sep 15 19:57:40 2005] : (1) DM: Dispell magic roll.
[Thu Sep 15 19:57:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc tada
[Thu Sep 15 19:58:02 2005] : (2) Belros: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
[Thu Sep 15 19:58:22 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc tada?
[Thu Sep 15 19:58:42 2005] : (1) DM: The mist thins and dissipates.
[Thu Sep 15 19:58:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc now we're going to see ;)
[Thu Sep 15 19:59:19 2005] : (1) DM: The ship is as before only oars have been shipped.
[Thu Sep 15 19:59:36 2005] : (1) DM: Moving, Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 19:59:45 2005] : (2) Belros: move towards Tar
[Thu Sep 15 19:59:47 2005] : (2) Belros: done
[Thu Sep 15 19:59:54 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:00:11 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Following the other ones, spotting how many people on the ship if I can
[Thu Sep 15 20:00:13 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
[Thu Sep 15 20:00:40 2005] : (1) DM: You don't see anyone on the ship except the robed figure.
[Thu Sep 15 20:00:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: done
[Thu Sep 15 20:01:10 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:10 2005] : (1) DM: ooc have we lost Henry?
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:24 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: sorry
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ping is being a bit funny
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: shooting at him again
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (second): [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:48 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: then done
[Thu Sep 15 20:02:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc Henry, there's only three of us, if we are all doing something else, it's not going to work ;)
[Thu Sep 15 20:03:05 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc how far is the tree line?
[Thu Sep 15 20:03:11 2005] : (1) DM: One arrow strikes the prow and the other splashes harmlessly into the water.
[Thu Sep 15 20:04:13 2005] : (1) DM: The tree line is about 30 ft away from where you originally were, which was around 70 ft anyway from the waters edge.
[Thu Sep 15 20:04:48 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: So I'm nowon the edge of the forest, about 100ft from the beach.
[Thu Sep 15 20:05:29 2005] : (1) DM: Yup.
[Thu Sep 15 20:06:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne (enter): 20:06
[Thu Sep 15 20:06:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Sep 15 20:06:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne (exit): 20:06
[Thu Sep 15 20:07:24 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc that was me sending myself my node
[Thu Sep 15 20:07:25 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I think everyone's got bad ping
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:00 2005] : (1) DM: The figure casts another spell.
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc no, was just joining with the other puter
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:12 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, make a will save.
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:27 2005] : (1) DM: No wait, you're hidden.
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc so I am, yes
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:38 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, make a will save.
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:45 2005] : (2) Belros: Will save: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Thu Sep 15 20:08:55 2005] : (2) Belros: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [8,14] = (22)
[Thu Sep 15 20:09:06 2005] : (1) DM: The spell of Doooom doesn't affect you at all.
[Thu Sep 15 20:09:34 2005] : (1) DM: The ship glides closer and beaches on the shoreline.
[Thu Sep 15 20:09:44 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:09:55 2005] : (2) Belros: distance?
[Thu Sep 15 20:09:59 2005] : (2) Belros: 100ft?
[Thu Sep 15 20:10:10 2005] : (1) DM: 100 ft, yup.
[Thu Sep 15 20:10:42 2005] : (2) Belros: Casts...: Magic Missile for [5d4+5] -> [4,1,1,1,1,5] = (13) damage
[Thu Sep 15 20:10:47 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc awwww :(
[Thu Sep 15 20:11:04 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 15 20:11:32 2005] : (1) DM: The balls of magical energy merely tickle the figure in robes.
[Thu Sep 15 20:11:41 2005] : (1) DM: Everyone make spot checks.
[Thu Sep 15 20:11:48 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [18,1] = (19)
[Thu Sep 15 20:11:52 2005] : (2) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Thu Sep 15 20:12:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 20:12:26 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, anything else?
[Thu Sep 15 20:12:43 2005] : (2) Belros: activate boots and move back up the beach a bit
[Thu Sep 15 20:12:58 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne aims at the robed figure as well, still hiding - using arrows+2
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 20:13:38 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc three first count
[Thu Sep 15 20:14:14 2005] : (1) DM: The figure topples over backwards with a strange shriek.
[Thu Sep 15 20:14:29 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:14:39 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Can I see anyone to shoot?
[Thu Sep 15 20:15:13 2005] : (1) DM: Not at the moment.
[Thu Sep 15 20:15:29 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm going to delay until after the enemy action (IC 10)
[Thu Sep 15 20:15:35 2005] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Sep 15 20:16:48 2005] : (1) DM: There are sudden cries and shouts from the ship and creatures begin to leap over the edge onto the beach and the water.
[Thu Sep 15 20:17:21 2005] : (1) DM: There are around two dozen humanoid creatures of strange appearance wielding spears.
[Thu Sep 15 20:17:51 2005] : (1) DM: There skin is greenish and glimmers in the moonlight.
[Thu Sep 15 20:18:30 2005] : (1) DM: They start to advance in a hopping gait up the beach.
[Thu Sep 15 20:18:34 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:18:40 2005] : (2) Belros: Casts Summon Monster V - Celestial Brown Bear: 51hp; Damage reduction 5/+1; 10 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 12
[Thu Sep 15 20:18:54 2005] : (1) DM: Roll it's attack.
[Thu Sep 15 20:19:09 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 20:19:12 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
[Thu Sep 15 20:19:14 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Bite Attack [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ==> Damage [2d8+4] -> [1,4,4] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:19:56 2005] : (1) DM: The brown bear smashes its way into the ranks of the amphibious creatures, leaving three corpses in it's wake.
[Thu Sep 15 20:20:31 2005] : (2) Belros: Casts...: Flaming Sphere (dex 16DC, 10rnds) First Attack - [2d6] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 20:20:33 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc what about me?
[Thu Sep 15 20:21:00 2005] : (1) DM: Does the sphere do damage this round?
[Thu Sep 15 20:21:54 2005] : (1) DM: One creature is singed.
[Thu Sep 15 20:21:55 2005] : (2) Belros: Always assumed it was treated the same as a summons
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:00 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, your turn.
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shooting at them.
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Longbow, composite (second): [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc one can shoot at more than one right?
[Thu Sep 15 20:22:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc yeah
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:06 2005] : (1) DM: The creatures raise large shield to protect themself from the arrows.
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: How far away are they now?
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran:
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:26 2005] : (1) DM: They're about 80 ft from the tree line.
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: 'k
[Thu Sep 15 20:23:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm dropping the bow, and drawing my sword.
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:07 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:37 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tries to aim at whatever is visible of them MW arrows
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+14] -> [3,14] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:24:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Frost Consort's Comp bow +2 Mighty +3 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Sep 15 20:25:18 2005] : (1) DM: Two fall shrieking, pierced with your arrows.
[Thu Sep 15 20:25:33 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: dropping my bow and drwaing glacier
[Thu Sep 15 20:25:34 2005] : (1) DM: One I mean.
[Thu Sep 15 20:25:43 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I can't drw both my swords, right?
[Thu Sep 15 20:26:04 2005] : (1) DM: Drawing is the same whether it's for one or two swords.
[Thu Sep 15 20:26:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc only if you have quick draw, I think
[Thu Sep 15 20:26:28 2005] : (1) DM: You can't draw anything unless you have quick draw.
[Thu Sep 15 20:26:36 2005] : (1) DM: if you've taken a full round action.
[Thu Sep 15 20:26:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc then done
[Thu Sep 15 20:27:37 2005] : (1) DM: The creatures bound forwards and form a defensive line (10 ft from the trees) with their shields about two deep.
[Thu Sep 15 20:27:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc two deep?
[Thu Sep 15 20:27:51 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, your turn.
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:01 2005] : (1) DM: ooc. two ranks
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:05 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:11 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Can I charge? I think 10ft is the minimum move.
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you can charge.
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:44 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Charging then, and hitting hard (using power attack for 3)
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:49 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (base): [1d20+19] -> [8,19] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [3,1,10,6] = (20)
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:49 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (second): [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [6,1,10,3] = (20)
[Thu Sep 15 20:28:59 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: (first only, 23 damage, 24 to hit)
[Thu Sep 15 20:29:37 2005] : (1) DM: You chop one of the creatures, splitting shield and body nearly in two.
[Thu Sep 15 20:29:42 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Cleave, on the next one
[Thu Sep 15 20:29:46 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:29:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (base): [1d20+19] -> [9,19] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [3,3,10,6] = (22)
[Thu Sep 15 20:29:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (second): [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [4,3,10,5] = (22)
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:02 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Um? Why two attacks?
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:13 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc greater cleave would be interesting...
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I get to use Cleave, but the diceroller does 2 attacks anyway
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:28 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Duh. That's what cleave is.
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Belros: it may well be my next feat :-)
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:48 2005] : (1) DM: Another one is sliced and diced.
[Thu Sep 15 20:30:54 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:31:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Surrender, and no more will die!"
[Thu Sep 15 20:31:24 2005] : (2) Belros: any reaction from the fodder?
[Thu Sep 15 20:31:42 2005] : (1) DM: "Kaaarkk!!"
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:00 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc which end of their bodies did that noise come from? ;)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:08 2005] : (1) DM: ooc mouth
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:11 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:13 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:15 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Bite Attack [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20) ==> Damage [2d8+4] -> [8,2,4] = (14)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:29 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:40 2005] : (2) Belros: [2d6] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:44 2005] : (2) Belros: (sphere)
[Thu Sep 15 20:32:56 2005] : (1) DM: Three more broken and bloody and another one charred.
[Thu Sep 15 20:33:19 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc back
[Thu Sep 15 20:33:30 2005] : (1) DM: Their neat double ranks is now a disorganized mess of only 10 creatures.
[Thu Sep 15 20:34:19 2005] : (1) DM: Casting a spell or attacking, Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:34:37 2005] : (2) Belros: back away a bit and done
[Thu Sep 15 20:34:50 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:34:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne draws her swords ooc can I attack at all and if yes, can I attack two different ones wth the two swords?
[Thu Sep 15 20:35:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc draw is move equiv. So you can only move or attack not both.
[Thu Sep 15 20:35:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok, then done
[Thu Sep 15 20:35:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you can draw and move though.
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:01 2005] : (1) DM: ooc But can only make the one attack.
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, then I attack
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:40 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc wait, I'm sorry, I can draw, but I can't attack if I can't move, I am 10 ft away
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:41 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ?
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:49 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you can draw while moving.
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc not sure I got that right ;)
[Thu Sep 15 20:36:55 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc so one attack only I suppose
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:28 2005] : (1) DM: A decent cut but the creature is still standing.
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: at their disorganiazed ranks
[Thu Sep 15 20:37:38 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:03 2005] : (1) DM: 5 mob Tar
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:04 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:05 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:06 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:06 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:14 2005] : (1) DM: And 5 surround Ayhlanne
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:17 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:18 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:18 2005] : (1) DM: Critical hit? [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d8+2] -> [5,5,2] = (12)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:21 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:24 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:25 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:37 2005] : (1) DM: One hit for 8 damage.
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:52 2005] : (1) DM: AC?
[Thu Sep 15 20:38:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: one hoits AC=21
[Thu Sep 15 20:39:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: *one hits
[Thu Sep 15 20:39:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc 8 dmg
[Thu Sep 15 20:39:15 2005] : (1) DM: Another hit from behind for 7 damage.
[Thu Sep 15 20:39:43 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:01 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc there were only 4 on Tar ;)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:24 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Attacking.
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:36 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (base): [1d20+17] -> [15,17] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [6,5,10,4] = (25)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:36 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (second): [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [1,5,10,1] = (17)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:41 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Gosh, the fifth missed too. Didn't expect that.
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:49 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Cleave, from the first attack:
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:50 2005] : (1) DM: Two dead.
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (base): [1d20+17] -> [15,17] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [1,6,10,1] = (18)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (second): [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [5,3,10,3] = (21)
[Thu Sep 15 20:40:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] -> [2,1,4,4,20,2] = (33)
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:10 2005] : (1) DM: And a third. They've like dominos.
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:19 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:25 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:28 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Claw attack [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20) ==> Damage [1d8+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:30 2005] : (2) Belros: Celestial Brown Bear: Bite Attack [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9) ==> Damage [2d8+4] -> [2,1,4] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:41:51 2005] : (1) DM: Your bear would have to move most like. Only one attack.
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:07 2005] : (1) DM: It's paw crunches up another.
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:07 2005] : (2) Belros: ok.
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:09 2005] : (2) Belros: [2d6] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:19 2005] : (2) Belros: done
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:31 2005] : (1) DM: There's sizzling sound and the smell of grilled fish.
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:41 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc ewww
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:43 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 20:42:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Sep 15 20:43:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: at as many as I can
[Thu Sep 15 20:43:08 2005] : (1) DM: You cut down two.
[Thu Sep 15 20:43:30 2005] : (1) DM: There are now two left on both Ayhlanne and Tar.
[Thu Sep 15 20:43:48 2005] : (1) DM: "Grrrraaank-ack!"
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:06 2005] : (1) DM: All four break away from the fight and try and make it back to the ship.
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:23 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:37 2005] : (1) DM: They made it about 20 ft.
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:42 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Charging, and going for non-lethal damage
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (base): [1d20+19] -> [9,19] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [3,3,10,2] = (18)
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (second): [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [4,3,10,2] = (19)
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] -> [4,2,5,1,20,4] = (36)
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Cleave, if I can
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (base): [1d20+19] -> [18,19] = (37) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [3,3,10,5] = (21)
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+19] -> [12,19] = (31) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] -> [1,3,2,3,20,3] = (32)
[Thu Sep 15 20:44:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, charge (second): [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [1,1,10,1] = (13)
[Thu Sep 15 20:45:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Take them alive!"
[Thu Sep 15 20:46:01 2005] : (1) DM: You club one unconcious. I can't cleave when doing sub-dual damage.
[Thu Sep 15 20:46:09 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc OK
[Thu Sep 15 20:46:16 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:46:49 2005] : (2) Belros: move towards Tar, bringing the bear with me. Done
[Thu Sep 15 20:47:02 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:47:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: following the others- done
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc no, take a potion
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:19 2005] : (1) DM: The remaing two dash for the ship and start scrambling aboard.
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: [2d8+3] -> [8,3,3] = (14)
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc CMW
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:44 2005] : (1) DM: remaining three
[Thu Sep 15 20:48:53 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:49:12 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Run for the ship, and try to get aboard to capture it
[Thu Sep 15 20:50:02 2005] : (1) DM: What's your make movement while running? 60 ft or 90 ft?
[Thu Sep 15 20:50:24 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc is it 3x move?
[Thu Sep 15 20:50:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: or 4x?
[Thu Sep 15 20:50:44 2005] : (1) DM: ooc 4x is if you don't have heavy armour
[Thu Sep 15 20:50:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: OK, 60ft
[Thu Sep 15 20:51:27 2005] : (1) DM: You reach the shoreline.
[Thu Sep 15 20:51:37 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:52:18 2005] : (2) Belros: deactivate boots, move towards shore. Done
[Thu Sep 15 20:52:47 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 20:52:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: following running towards shore
[Thu Sep 15 20:53:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: and boat
[Thu Sep 15 20:53:07 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: done
[Thu Sep 15 20:54:31 2005] : (1) DM: You here the crack of a whip, and shouts from both creatures and human voices. And finally a scream and more "Kaark-Gnnrapp"
[Thu Sep 15 20:54:36 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Sep 15 20:55:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Can I get into the boat?
[Thu Sep 15 20:55:44 2005] : (1) DM: Yup.
[Thu Sep 15 20:55:49 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Doing so then :-)
[Thu Sep 15 20:56:00 2005] : (1) DM: As you climb aboard a spear stabs at you.
[Thu Sep 15 20:56:06 2005] : (1) DM: Spear (base): [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Sep 15 20:57:19 2005] : (1) DM: The ship is a open galley, chained to the benches are humans scarred from whip marks. One of the humans, chained near a large drum has been stabbed right through.
[Thu Sep 15 20:57:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Can I do any more actions?
[Thu Sep 15 20:57:42 2005] : (1) DM: No.
[Thu Sep 15 20:57:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: OK
[Thu Sep 15 20:57:59 2005] : (1) DM: The three creatures have you surrounded.
[Thu Sep 15 20:58:08 2005] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 20:58:34 2005] : (2) Belros: send the bear onto the boat
[Thu Sep 15 20:58:57 2005] : (1) DM: Not quite seeing how it can climb aboard.
[Thu Sep 15 20:59:18 2005] : (2) Belros: surely if Tar can get on, then so can the bear
[Thu Sep 15 20:59:37 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc it doesn't have hands; I do.
[Thu Sep 15 20:59:50 2005] : (2) Belros: bears can climb
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:15 2005] : (1) DM: I dunno. A bear hauling itself up by its front paws seems a little far fetched. There's nothing for it's hind legs to grip like it would do with a tree.
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows and hacks at the creatures surounding Tarooc bears are excellent climbers even, except if Tar used a riope to climb aboard
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, then up the hull I guess notooc oops
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:51 2005] : (1) DM: Bear climbs aboard.
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc never mind me
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:53 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 15 21:00:53 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc on a wooden ship
[Thu Sep 15 21:01:03 2005] : (2) Belros: if you dont like it then fair enough
[Thu Sep 15 21:01:53 2005] : (1) DM: Doing anything else Belros?
[Thu Sep 15 21:01:59 2005] : (2) Belros: nope
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:02 2005] : (1) DM: An
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:06 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:47 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows and hacks at the creatures surounding Tar
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:53 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Sep 15 21:02:53 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 21:03:05 2005] : (1) DM: Can't attack.
[Thu Sep 15 21:03:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc err, no off hand of course
[Thu Sep 15 21:03:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: and no attack
[Thu Sep 15 21:03:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: lol
[Thu Sep 15 21:03:22 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: never mind, I climb aboard
[Thu Sep 15 21:04:17 2005] : (1) DM: The three remaining creatures look around leap overboard, sliding gracefully into the water before propelling themselves with power kicks deeper and furthr away.
[Thu Sep 15 21:05:20 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Heh. The book says you get no XP for those creatures.
[Thu Sep 15 21:05:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc fair enough ;)
[Thu Sep 15 21:05:39 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc you did that on purpose :P
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:06 2005] : (1) DM: 300 XP each.
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Do any of you speak Common?" (to the slaves)
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc yay, only 6100 to go!
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:35 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: "Yes, Master"
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:47 2005] : (2) Belros: Belros climbs aboard the ship
[Thu Sep 15 21:06:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We wish your aid, and offer you your freedom."
[Thu Sep 15 21:07:10 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: "Master?" (he looks puzzled)
[Thu Sep 15 21:07:28 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks around and tries to assess the situation. Who's on the boat etc.
[Thu Sep 15 21:07:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Do you wish to be your own master?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:08:28 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: There are 20 oars each with one rower, so 40 slaves on the rowing benches.
[Thu Sep 15 21:09:28 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks for the robed figure
[Thu Sep 15 21:10:26 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: The robed figure is lying sprawled in the bow of the ship
[Thu Sep 15 21:10:44 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: It's another one of these amphibious creatures.
[Thu Sep 15 21:11:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to examine the robed figure and searches the body for any clue as to who/what he was
[Thu Sep 15 21:11:23 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: "Freedom would be good, master."
[Thu Sep 15 21:11:25 2005] : (2) Belros: "We are not your masters. No one is anymore, but we ask that you take us North, away from this island"
[Thu Sep 15 21:11:37 2005] : (2) Belros: brb
[Thu Sep 15 21:11:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Then take us North, and you shall all have your freedom."
[Thu Sep 15 21:12:28 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: "How do we know to trust you?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:13:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "You can never know, but we can offer you our word. We can offer some proof, if you can think of something suitable."
[Thu Sep 15 21:13:34 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc got to go lift a pc out of the car. 2 mins
[Thu Sep 15 21:13:43 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: "Strike off these chains!" He hold up his arms, the wrists chained to the oar.
[Thu Sep 15 21:13:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Very well."
[Thu Sep 15 21:14:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev does so
[Thu Sep 15 21:14:51 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: What with?
[Thu Sep 15 21:15:03 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: My sword
[Thu Sep 15 21:15:59 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: k. The metal is old and pitted with rust from the salty sea air so the manacles crack open with relative ease.
[Thu Sep 15 21:16:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc /me realises he hasn't yet installed Office.
[Thu Sep 15 21:16:48 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: breaking every manacle?
[Thu Sep 15 21:16:54 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Sep 15 21:17:05 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Yes. (we can probably take them if we have to :-)
[Thu Sep 15 21:17:12 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: ooc Office sucks. Don't bother installing it.
[Thu Sep 15 21:17:23 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I need to read XLS files :-P
[Thu Sep 15 21:17:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc OOo sucks, don't bother installing it :P
[Thu Sep 15 21:17:42 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc openoffice or the excel reader
[Thu Sep 15 21:18:09 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: The slaves a pleased to be free and smile and laugh and cry with joy amongst themselves, talking in their native language which you don't understand.
[Thu Sep 15 21:18:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc open office is a pain in the ass, especially on mac, the word rthing is ok, the presentation thing is a mess and the spreadsheets are getting better. On Mac it's still Middle-ages though
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:03 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc thats macs for you :P
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to examine the robed figure and searches the body for any clue as to who/what he was
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:25 2005] : (2) Belros: Belros carefully searches the rest of the ship
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:42 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: ooc I'd use Gnumeric (spreadhseet) and LyX or DocBook (documents) on Linux. I'd never do a presentation. Ever.
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:57 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc good for you :)
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:57 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We wish to travel north of here; we need to reach the mainlands."
[Thu Sep 15 21:19:58 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I do only presentations :(
[Thu Sep 15 21:20:14 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: It's a froggy creature like the others you slaughtered. There's a necklace with a symbol around it's neck.
[Thu Sep 15 21:20:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne examines the symbol
[Thu Sep 15 21:20:48 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: The former slaves are busy raiding the food and water stores.
[Thu Sep 15 21:20:58 2005] : (2) Belros: After a look around, Belros joins Ayhlanne
[Thu Sep 15 21:21:24 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: It's of coral and carved into the shape of a five pointed star.
[Thu Sep 15 21:21:37 2005] : (2) Belros: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
[Thu Sep 15 21:22:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Wait! We will need to save some of the food and water for the journey, unless you know somewhere that we can resupply."
[Thu Sep 15 21:22:18 2005] : (1) Slave Rower: (to Tar) "I am Oram, I was navigate before. We row for you, yes?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:23:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "That would be excellent."
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I am Tar Shevran, a warrior. These, my friends, are Belros and Ayhlanne."
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:12 2005] : (1) Oram: "As repayment for our freedom it is little."
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:32 2005] : (2) Belros: "I dont recognise this symbol at all. Not surprising since this is another plane. Gives me a nasty feeling though"
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Creepy anyway"
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:56 2005] : (2) Belros: Belros waves to Oram at the mention of his name
[Thu Sep 15 21:24:59 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram shouts some words to the others.
[Thu Sep 15 21:25:07 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: (to Oram) What are those creatures?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:25:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We would be prisoners here without your help, so this is your freedom and ours."
[Thu Sep 15 21:26:13 2005] : (1) Oram: "In our tongue we call them Koa-Toa. They live beneath the sea and attack ships. They are evil creatures."
[Thu Sep 15 21:26:59 2005] : (2) Belros: "If they live in the sea, then why do they need a boat?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:27:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "How did they keep you attached, they are not so strong and you seem numeorous?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:27:19 2005] : (1) Oram: "And stupid too. They've beached us at high tide."
[Thu Sep 15 21:27:44 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram points at the remains of the chains. "What choice did we have?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:28:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu Sep 15 21:28:22 2005] : (1) Oram: "Perhaps you have some magic to float this ship again?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:28:45 2005] : (1) Oram: "We cannot stay here for long. Raiders frequent these waters."
[Thu Sep 15 21:29:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Raiders?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:29:31 2005] : (1) Oram: "Pirates, and slavers."
[Thu Sep 15 21:29:52 2005] : (1) Oram: "This was a pirate ship before the Koa-Toa seized it."
[Thu Sep 15 21:30:28 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 15 21:31:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see, not one people to balance the other here right?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:32:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Pirates, slavers"
[Thu Sep 15 21:32:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "What is your people?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:33:49 2005] : (1) Oram: "My people are fishermen, merchants, farmers, Or at least they were. Most are probably slaves.... or dead." Oram looks rather downcast.
[Thu Sep 15 21:34:10 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc would a water elemental be able to free the ship?
[Thu Sep 15 21:34:54 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc If it was large enough, yep.
[Thu Sep 15 21:35:22 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc can do small and medium
[Thu Sep 15 21:35:54 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc 1 med or 1d3 small
[Thu Sep 15 21:35:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see, what's happening in these parts though, this is really a strange land"
[Thu Sep 15 21:36:05 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc small and medium are too small
[Thu Sep 15 21:36:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc free the ship from?
[Thu Sep 15 21:36:17 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc we're grounded
[Thu Sep 15 21:36:41 2005] : (1) Oram: The ship is stuck on the sand. And it's high tide so it won't float away when the tide rises.
[Thu Sep 15 21:37:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc oh, ok
[Thu Sep 15 21:37:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc missed that part, sorry
[Thu Sep 15 21:37:29 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc Two mediums would do, or one large.
[Thu Sep 15 21:37:56 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc need L6 spells for that
[Thu Sep 15 21:38:54 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc can't cast it twice?
[Thu Sep 15 21:39:13 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc used one for the bear
[Thu Sep 15 21:39:54 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc what about a med and some small
[Thu Sep 15 21:40:09 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc 1 med + 3 small would do also.
[Thu Sep 15 21:40:17 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc and a squid
[Thu Sep 15 21:40:31 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc How large a squid?
[Thu Sep 15 21:40:48 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc l2 summon, so probably small
[Thu Sep 15 21:40:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol, a squid
[Thu Sep 15 21:41:23 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I suppose we could rest a bit before we go? Maybe hunt and resupply in water?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:41:33 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We need to take our sgear anyway"
[Thu Sep 15 21:41:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes back to shore to get her bow and Tar's
[Thu Sep 15 21:41:58 2005] : (2) Belros: "We have to get away while it high tide, or wait for the next one"
[Thu Sep 15 21:42:03 2005] : (2) Belros: [1d3] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Sep 15 21:42:18 2005] : (2) Belros: 3 smalls and a medium water elemental appear
[Thu Sep 15 21:42:42 2005] : (2) Belros: "Quickly Ahylanne!"
[Thu Sep 15 21:43:10 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gathers all the stuff and comes back quickly
[Thu Sep 15 21:43:40 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram, acting switly sets the rowers to work as the elementals raise the boat enough for the ship to slide backwards.
[Thu Sep 15 21:43:40 2005] : (2) Belros: Belros commands the elementals to push the ship into deep water
[Thu Sep 15 21:44:07 2005] : (1) Oram: After much effort the boat floats freely on the open waters.
[Thu Sep 15 21:45:04 2005] : (1) Oram: ooc All get 500 XP for obtaining the ship.
[Thu Sep 15 21:45:37 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc 1000 to go :D
[Thu Sep 15 21:46:41 2005] : (1) Oram: "Should we head north?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:47:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Northwards, to sea!"
[Thu Sep 15 21:47:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne taps on the orb
[Thu Sep 15 21:47:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We have a ship. North is the route, any more info dearest?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:48:26 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Zzzzz..... huh, what?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:48:46 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ship. North. More info?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:50:18 2005] : (1) Haldon: "A ship? Excellent work. Make for the port of Southharbour on the mainland. Perhaps you have charts on this vessel?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:51:02 2005] : (2) Belros: Belros relays the information to Oram
[Thu Sep 15 21:52:00 2005] : (1) Oram: "Mainland? Many, many leagues to the north. Not many from the Islands sail that far. Myself included."
[Thu Sep 15 21:52:19 2005] : (1) Oram: "Perhaps if we had a chart we might make the journey?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:52:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "A chart..."
[Thu Sep 15 21:52:38 2005] : (2) Belros: "Ok. Do you know if this ship had charts of the area?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:52:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Where are we going to find a chart?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:53:53 2005] : (1) Oram: "Pirates don't keep charts as a rule. Neither do most navigators. Charts in these waters can be unreliable so most relay on their own knowledge of the waters."
[Thu Sep 15 21:54:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see. Hmmm"
[Thu Sep 15 21:55:02 2005] : (1) Oram: "There might be charts in one of the libraries of one of the less brutal warlords."
[Thu Sep 15 21:55:19 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Which island? And can you take us there?"
[Thu Sep 15 21:55:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Then we should row to one of these islands. I leave the choice to you."
[Thu Sep 15 21:57:25 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram shout out some order and the square sail is unfurled and the ship gets underway.
[Thu Sep 15 21:57:42 2005] : (1) Oram: Heading northwards.
[Thu Sep 15 21:58:09 2005] : (1) Oram: "I advise you keep a watch for the pirates that infest these waters."
[Thu Sep 15 21:58:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "that we will do"
[Thu Sep 15 21:59:38 2005] : (1) Oram: The ship sails under wind power for the rest of the night.
[Thu Sep 15 22:00:22 2005] : (1) DM: Dawn breaks...
[Thu Sep 15 22:00:36 2005] : (1) DM: ...day passes...
[Thu Sep 15 22:00:40 2005] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Sep 15 22:00:47 2005] : (2) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Sep 15 22:01:25 2005] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Sep 15 22:01:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Sep 15 22:01:36 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc my nautical English is close to zero ;)
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:20 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Sail off the starboard bow !"
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes her googles out and looks better
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Oram, do you recognise the sign?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:41 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc googles?? lol
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: *googgles
[Thu Sep 15 22:03:47 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: dammit
[Thu Sep 15 22:04:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Your googles returns 1,670,022 hits for ship.
[Thu Sep 15 22:04:18 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 15 22:04:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ROFLMAO
[Thu Sep 15 22:04:43 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
[Thu Sep 15 22:04:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: +5 and +2, I had Senser in hand
[Thu Sep 15 22:05:23 2005] : (1) DM: "I cannot see the flag at this distance. But better safe than sorry." Oram order the sail furled and a north westerly course.
[Thu Sep 15 22:05:43 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: trying to distinguish the flag
[Thu Sep 15 22:05:52 2005] : (1) DM: Hours later and the sail is no longer in sight.
[Thu Sep 15 22:06:42 2005] : (1) DM: The hours pass by... the crew amuses themselves (while not rowing) with a complex game of counters in a grid. The rules of which escape the casual viewer.
[Thu Sep 15 22:06:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc tic tac toe
[Thu Sep 15 22:06:57 2005] : (1) DM: ...more hours at sea...
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:02 2005] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:05 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc go?
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:06 2005] : (2) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:10 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:27 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne spots another sail. Oram orders another course change.
[Thu Sep 15 22:07:46 2005] : (1) DM: You sail on through the night
[Thu Sep 15 22:08:13 2005] : (1) DM: Islands large and small passing by on either side.
[Thu Sep 15 22:08:43 2005] : (1) DM: Another day passes...
[Thu Sep 15 22:09:24 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: we sleep and take turns watching I presume
[Thu Sep 15 22:09:54 2005] : (1) DM: Around mid-day of day three at sea. Oram steers the ship towards a large island. Much like the one your started out on but much bigger.
[Thu Sep 15 22:10:20 2005] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Thu Sep 15 22:10:23 2005] : (2) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Sep 15 22:10:37 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Sep 15 22:10:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
[Thu Sep 15 22:11:05 2005] : (1) DM: A sail approaches.
[Thu Sep 15 22:11:38 2005] : (1) Oram: "Can you see the flag?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:12:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: tires out with the goggles
[Thu Sep 15 22:12:11 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
[Thu Sep 15 22:12:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: +5
[Thu Sep 15 22:13:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "A red pennant"
[Thu Sep 15 22:13:57 2005] : (2) Belros: "Does that mean anything to you, Oram?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:13:57 2005] : (1) Oram: "Good. One of Lord Falin's warships. It will escort us to the harbour. Unless...."
[Thu Sep 15 22:14:28 2005] : (2) Belros: "Unless what?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:15:03 2005] : (1) Oram: "Well, these ship looks a bit too much like a pirate ship. They might ram first and ask questions later."
[Thu Sep 15 22:15:29 2005] : (2) Belros: "If they come too close, they'll regret it"
[Thu Sep 15 22:16:20 2005] : (1) Oram: "Ah."
[Thu Sep 15 22:16:55 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmmm, I seen, they're using the flag as a decoy?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:17:41 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram was talking about the ship you're on looking a bit piratical.
[Thu Sep 15 22:17:57 2005] : (2) Belros: ooc ahh, misunderstood
[Thu Sep 15 22:18:11 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "So we might want to be prepared I suppose?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:18:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Is there a pennant we should fly to indicate we mean no harm?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:18:25 2005] : (2) Belros: "Maybe we should lower our sail and come to a stop"
[Thu Sep 15 22:18:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Just in case they are pirates, and not what they pretend to be?"
[Thu Sep 15 22:18:43 2005] : (1) Oram: "Stopping might work."
[Thu Sep 15 22:19:01 2005] : (2) Belros: "Lets do that then"
[Thu Sep 15 22:19:56 2005] : (1) Oram: Oram order sails furled and the oars shipped.
[Thu Sep 15 22:20:44 2005] : (1) Oram: Hours pass the the warship draws nearer. It's a trireme (3 banks of oars).
[Thu Sep 15 22:21:44 2005] : (1) Oram: It approaches your stationary ship from abeam and slows and stops some 100 ft away.
[Thu Sep 15 22:21:54 2005] : (1) Oram: GAME END