Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 08 September 2005

[Thu Sep 8 19:29:15 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Sep 8 19:30:02 2005] : (1) DM: You're all sitting bruised and battered amongst your scattered stuff.
[Thu Sep 8 19:30:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna can't take her eyes of the globe, axe still in hand
[Thu Sep 8 19:30:43 2005] : (1) DM: You're surrounded by lush exotic greenery, strange tree fern and palms.
[Thu Sep 8 19:31:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc hmmm... I suppose I didn't have time to get my arrow of true flight back. If I've lost it, I'll kill the DM
[Thu Sep 8 19:31:07 2005] : (1) DM: Bird trill around you and other animals call and bark in the distance.
[Thu Sep 8 19:31:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So, what plane exactly is this mr Orb guy?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:31:32 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Nice place..."
[Thu Sep 8 19:31:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "but.. CAN WE GO BACK?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:32:02 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Is there any need to shout?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:32:03 2005] : (1) DM: Haldon, speaking from within the orb looks mighty puzzled.
[Thu Sep 8 19:32:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at fiercely
[Thu Sep 8 19:32:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I doubt it's helping anything"
[Thu Sep 8 19:32:48 2005] : (1) DM: "Well, I'm not sure about going back... but I think I know where we might be. If you just give me a moment without interruptions."
[Thu Sep 8 19:33:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I wans't shouting actually, I did not know how to emphasize my 'firecely'
[Thu Sep 8 19:33:16 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon rubs his chin thoughfully.
[Thu Sep 8 19:33:46 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I sometimes use asterixes *can we go back*?
[Thu Sep 8 19:34:06 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Or HTML italics or bold tags.
[Thu Sep 8 19:34:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc same here
[Thu Sep 8 19:34:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: HUerney waits eagerly for more information
[Thu Sep 8 19:35:16 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon claps his hands exscitedly. "Oh, I was right! (chuckles) I know exactly where we are."
[Thu Sep 8 19:35:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "finally good news"
[Thu Sep 8 19:35:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And where is that, pray tell?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:35:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I suppose the saying goes... "you are not lost if you know where you are"?
[Thu Sep 8 19:35:51 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Um. That is I know which world we're on. Which, I think you'll agree is significant progress."
[Thu Sep 8 19:36:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: after a very short time Huerney' attention span gets the better of him and he goes to see if the other thuds were Shev and Belros
[Thu Sep 8 19:36:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "which world?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:36:21 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "As we are in another world?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:36:49 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Hmm. We call it, well, Earth. or the World."
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:05 2005] : (1) Haldon: "This is the world I'm from you see."
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:19 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev has got to his feet and is looking around, warily
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:24 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Though it's obvious not your Earth."
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc obviously
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "That's nice, you're home now. So what about us?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:37:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So you did drop through with us!"
[Thu Sep 8 19:38:07 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Indeed. I take it the elf queen was displeased?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:38:18 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Apparently we're on another plane"
[Thu Sep 8 19:38:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: "She turned out to be a demoness"
[Thu Sep 8 19:39:46 2005] : (1) Haldon: (sounding most displeased) "And a nasty piece of work she is too. Trapping me in this blasted orb." (he rapps his knuckles angrily on the inside of the orb)
[Thu Sep 8 19:39:50 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I should think being a demoness would be enough to displease anyone!"
[Thu Sep 8 19:39:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "and a nice one at that"
[Thu Sep 8 19:39:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hi, Shev, good to see you
[Thu Sep 8 19:40:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc, wait, the guy is trapped inside the orb?
[Thu Sep 8 19:40:16 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "And you. Always good to have a trusted blade or two along in a strange place."
[Thu Sep 8 19:40:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Why did she place you in thar orb? What did you do to her?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:40:48 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc So you gave her the orb and ended up on another plane??
[Thu Sep 8 19:41:19 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc honestly! I go away for a couple of weeks and look what happens
[Thu Sep 8 19:41:21 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc We tried to save her from the orb and ended up here
[Thu Sep 8 19:41:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc yes Bert, I know, I gave her the orb, but nobody was doing anything ;)
[Thu Sep 8 19:42:25 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Oh. I was supposed to unlock the secrets of this artifacts. (and it is a rather facinating object). Alas, this is such a awfully complicated artifact I really can't unravel it's secrets without a proper laboratory and library at my disposal."
[Thu Sep 8 19:42:40 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc DM, so where am I?
[Thu Sep 8 19:42:51 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You were working for her?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:42:55 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc You're lost in the Jungle with everyone else.
[Thu Sep 8 19:43:24 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Working!? Enslaved more like."
[Thu Sep 8 19:44:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ok, so great we have your life story, now how do we get back to take her out?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:17 2005] : ** (3) Ayhlanne found the F3 macro key **
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:21 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Perhaps, you could think of a plan? Instead of bothering me? I can't do all the thinking around here."
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:26 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, how do we do that?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:50 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Though perhaps I might make one small suggestion?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I LOVE this guy. Is he like, minute, trapped in the orb?
[Thu Sep 8 19:45:52 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Right, we need to find a way back. What do you know about this world?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "You brought us here, you should know the way back"
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well excuse us if interplanar travel is outside our experience!"
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Please, do, suggestions are good, I am short of any suggestion right now"
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:21 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc It's this face you can see in the orb, not all of him.
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:42 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Sep 8 19:46:59 2005] : (4) Belros: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Sep 8 19:47:36 2005] : (4) Belros: "Well, you seem to more than any of us about planar travel"
[Thu Sep 8 19:47:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney ponders how other heroes have made it back from planar adventures
[Thu Sep 8 19:47:47 2005] : (5) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18)
[Thu Sep 8 19:47:53 2005] : (1) Haldon: "I have a laboratory here, (of course, I did live here after all), I'd suggest finding it."
[Thu Sep 8 19:48:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: "How big is this plane?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:48:32 2005] : (1) Haldon: (to himself) "That is, assuming we haven't travelled in time as well..."
[Thu Sep 8 19:48:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Oh, great!"
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:01 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "in time now"
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:02 2005] : (1) Haldon: "This plane? Like all the other's I suppose. Unimaginably vast."
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:04 2005] : (4) Belros: "So where exactly on this plane do you think we are?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:30 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ah, not good. So we could be a long way from your lab then?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:36 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That is, if you really know *where* we are"
[Thu Sep 8 19:49:54 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Given the vegetation in the vacinity I would conclude that we were in the equatorial regions. (don't they teach geography to kids these day?)"
[Thu Sep 8 19:50:40 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Oh most definately a long ways, to the north. Can't stand the humidity, the heat, the bugs, the man eating crocodiles. Very disruptive to ones studies."
[Thu Sep 8 19:50:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Not geography of this plane"
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:07 2005] : (4) Belros: "Oh great. We get to go North again"
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:17 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Then we should determine which way is North. After that, we should head that way."
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:23 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "North as in, just a little north from here? Or north as "as far as the North Pole"?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:40 2005] : (5) Huerney: "What's a North Pole?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:51:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:13 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: A North Pole is as North as you can get"
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:23 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "never been there, but I have heard stories"
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I can't get my bearings here"
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:41 2005] : (4) Belros: "So lead us North, Ranger" Belros Smiles
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:51 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Maybe this plane doesn't even have a North Pole"
[Thu Sep 8 19:52:55 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So what is after it, just sky?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:53:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "i don't know where north is exactly"
[Thu Sep 8 19:53:19 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "For all we know, the sun could be setting east here"
[Thu Sep 8 19:53:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Or is that just a "plane", that is, an alternative world, with the same kind of geography?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:53:46 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Why would it do that, that's crazy talk"
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:10 2005] : (1) DM: "How, if you could leave him to my investigations I can try and pin point whether temporal dislocation has occuring in addition to the planer displacement."
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I'm amazed at everyone's grasp of geography and astronomy!
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:25 2005] : (1) DM: Haldon fades from the orb.
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:39 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Great, now he's gone"
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:55 2005] : (4) Belros: "I wonder what time it is here"
[Thu Sep 8 19:54:57 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Just 'cos you're running around with swords doesn't mean that people think the world is flat.
[Thu Sep 8 19:55:05 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc, I'm a ranger, and it was never said that this world has no idea of North Poles and stuff
[Thu Sep 8 19:55:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc that's fair enough, but suggesting that the sun goes backwards??
[Thu Sep 8 19:55:40 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc I can't help but think of that awful He-Man film
[Thu Sep 8 19:56:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc You as well?
[Thu Sep 8 19:56:12 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc retrograde revolution Craig, like Uranus.
[Thu Sep 8 19:56:28 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc agree with David, come on, if we know west from east, we know that the sun sets west and rises east :P
[Thu Sep 8 19:56:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc All that talk about the Notrh Pole makes me want to find a bridge to play poo sticks
[Thu Sep 8 19:56:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I appreciate that Henry, but the average medaeval person wouldn't
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Pooh sticks. We an H.
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:15 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc but they might assume that it could.
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:28 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc poo sticks would be brown and sticky.
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:35 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Sorry, blame it on my tiredness, I do
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:55 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "If we do not know which way is North, should we spin a blade and head the way it points?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:57:56 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I don't see a problem with speculating that the sun travels across the sky differently. It doesn't require any knowledge of celestial mechanics.
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc and medieval did not have magic, so you have to trade in a little smart stuff here. Or we should define those beliefs properly
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:14 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Or perhaps, Belros, you have some form of divination that might help."
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:16 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc merci DM
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc fine, I'll stick to not getting it as I don't think that many of us would
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:35 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Plus, you're all smarter and more knowledgable than the average peasant.
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:55 2005] : (4) Belros: "What do you think I am? Some kind of map-maker?"
[Thu Sep 8 19:58:58 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Still, the points of the compass are just definitions, they really don't mean a lot, it's just names
[Thu Sep 8 19:59:22 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I assumed you were a wizard of some ability, and assumed there was a chance you might know some means of helping here."
[Thu Sep 8 19:59:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Never assume! :P
[Thu Sep 8 19:59:45 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "You could be a wizard of some ability with no way of helping with this problem, of course."
[Thu Sep 8 19:59:46 2005] : (4) Belros: "I'll have a look at my spellbook. Might be something in there"
[Thu Sep 8 20:00:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grins at Tar's diplomacy
[Thu Sep 8 20:01:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne knocks on the orb
[Thu Sep 8 20:01:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hey Haldon, where are you at?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:01:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Finished pondering yet?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:02:25 2005] : (1) DM: The orb emits a small bang. And Haldon appears with eyebrows slightly singed.
[Thu Sep 8 20:02:40 2005] : (1) DM: "Kindly do not disturb me again."
[Thu Sep 8 20:03:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, what should bwe do while we wait for you?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:03:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I thought you didn't have a lab?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:03:27 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Delving the secrets of magic takes time you impatient girl."
[Thu Sep 8 20:03:28 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Stick the orb in a tree and get out of here?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:04:07 2005] : (4) Belros: (muttering) "Hmmm, Useful if I knew more about the lab..."
[Thu Sep 8 20:04:14 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Is this the team of adventures who deafeated a dragon? Or a bunch of kids on a school outing?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:04:19 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I feel we should take it with us. It is more useful to have with us than left behind, I feel."
[Thu Sep 8 20:04:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "What's a school outing?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:04:59 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Tar, are you talking about the orb?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:05:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Well, since that Haldon obviously is not going to be of any help to us ..."
[Thu Sep 8 20:05:23 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "This is the team of adventurers on a - thoroughly unwanted - excursion to a plane other than our own, due to your error. Particularly as your... situation... leaves you at a disadvantage, Haldon, you would do well to be polite."
[Thu Sep 8 20:05:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: /me winks at the others, making sure Haldon can't see
[Thu Sep 8 20:05:33 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Baecause if youa re, I confirm, we are taking it with us. Haldon is in there. Without him, I doubt we can do much."
[Thu Sep 8 20:05:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huereny sits down looking very confused
[Thu Sep 8 20:06:19 2005] : (1) Haldon: "It wasn't my error! Did you think I wanted a bunch of witless adventurers along? Some thing else had a hand in this."
[Thu Sep 8 20:06:36 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon is sounding very annoyed.
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "That makes more sense than you being able to take us here but not back, I guess"
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:14 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Now go and find water or food or whatever it is adventurers do in the wilderness."
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:23 2005] : (4) Belros: "Haldon. Can you describe this Laboratory of yours well?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:39 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "It was, however, your spell, so you bear some responsibility for the rerror of judgement in casting it. You have us along, whether you wanted us or not. I think some juggling practice might be in order, at this rate."
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Food, that sounds good"
[Thu Sep 8 20:07:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let's see what this world has to offer"
[Thu Sep 8 20:08:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to look at the wild life and possibly hunt
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let's be careful, we don't know anything about the dangers here"
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Nor about what's edible or not"
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: "How do we know what will be edible and what's poisonous here?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:43 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I think I'll stick to rations"
[Thu Sep 8 20:09:49 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon has faded away again and you can here grumbling faintly.
[Thu Sep 8 20:10:15 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney eats some rations, still looking confused
[Thu Sep 8 20:10:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So what is beyond North then?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:11:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: "There must be something. The gods wouldn't allow it otherwise"
[Thu Sep 8 20:11:33 2005] : (4) Belros: "I guess there's only one way to find out. Go and look"
[Thu Sep 8 20:11:45 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I fI say the earth is flat, will I kill all your hopes?
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Don't tease him, Belros"
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: s/flat/round
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, I know it gets colder up North and I don't like the cold"
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:21 2005] : (4) Belros: "Maybe there is just ice"
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:22 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "We shall save that for another day.
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: "But has anyone ever been all the way. i've not heard any tales of it"
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:34 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I like the cold, and I am kind of curious too to see what's beyond our lands"
[Thu Sep 8 20:12:50 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Although we've been served for "beyond" for a while I suppose"
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:02 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "There is plenty of land between here and the uttermost North, I imagine, and we should be crossing it, not resting here."
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:05 2005] : (4) Belros: "Although, after our recent situation I have no real desire to be that cold again"
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I don't mind cold, not as long as I can see the sun"
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:13 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Shall we ride?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:23 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc No horses.
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:29 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc blah.
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:38 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc march then.
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, i can say that I've heard enough tales of people freezing to death in the North to know that I'm not the man to find out what's there"
[Thu Sep 8 20:13:55 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc have I found anything of interest on my hunting trip?
[Thu Sep 8 20:14:10 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev takes a dagger and spins it to choose a direction.
[Thu Sep 8 20:14:23 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Trees, monkeys, colourful birds.
[Thu Sep 8 20:14:41 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc nothing edible?
[Thu Sep 8 20:14:47 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "This way, friends, for want of any better?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:14:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc finding North would be difficult in the tropics unless one assumed that the sun went the same way
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:07 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Did you taste any?
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Sure Shev. Beats thinking. My head hurts too much"
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:22 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc That's why I spun a dagger :-)
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:23 2005] : (4) Belros: "Any direction is as good as another"
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:24 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "tar, is there really any point of lmoving until Haldon tells us where to go?
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:35 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I know
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:38 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc You do notice that the ground slopes upwards in one direction and siightly downwards in the opposite direction.
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:55 2005] : (4) Belros: "Haldon said go North. That was as far as he helped"
[Thu Sep 8 20:15:57 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Is there anything to be gained by sitting on our fundaments in a trackless forest? We should climb this rise and hope to see out over the terrain."
[Thu Sep 8 20:16:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I killed on of two birds, left the monkeys alone, and found some berries of a strange colour :P
[Thu Sep 8 20:16:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc one or two
[Thu Sep 8 20:16:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Whatever, let's go"
[Thu Sep 8 20:16:53 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc okay.
[Thu Sep 8 20:16:53 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We are on a hill side that's about all I can say about this place"
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc IMHO East is *defined* as the direction the sun rises from, and all other compass points could be derived from that
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:14 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: We're climbing the hill.
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:37 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros follows the fearsome warrior
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc now that makes far more sense to me H
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:49 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc it's more defensible, and it's better than sitting here and waiting for dawn :-)
[Thu Sep 8 20:17:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: 3I'll ask Haldon if we can eat those"
[Thu Sep 8 20:18:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Would he know if he lives in an entirely different climate?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:19:11 2005] : (1) Haldon: You start walking and soon you're heading up a respectable slope.
[Thu Sep 8 20:19:20 2005] : (4) Belros: "I certainly wouldn't trust his knowledge of food"
[Thu Sep 8 20:19:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Why not Belros?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:19:41 2005] : (5) Huerney: *Pant* *Pant*
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:04 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I can't say I trust him at all"
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:13 2005] : (4) Belros: "Right now I wouldn't trust his knowledge of anything"
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:17 2005] : (1) DM: The jungle thins out and the ground crunches underfoot. The ground is formed of small cinder particles and ash.
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:22 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "He seems a little... distracted."
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna has no problems keeping up with the others
[Thu Sep 8 20:20:29 2005] : (4) Belros: "Why didn't we go downhill?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:00 2005] : (5) Huerney: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:00 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Something burned here, not that long ago"
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:10 2005] : (1) DM: After about 2 hours you reach the egde of the jungle. In front of you is a barren slope of black rock and ash and cinders.
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:11 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev looks at the scenery "This is similar to the Burning Mountains, at home."
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Good question. tar's decision. We did not say no" Ayhlanne grins
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:35 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Nice scenery"
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:49 2005] : (4) Belros: "I wonder what did this"
[Thu Sep 8 20:21:56 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc does Huerney know anything about Volcanoes?
[Thu Sep 8 20:22:27 2005] : (1) DM: A steep mountain towers over you and looking around you see the deep blue sea all around.
[Thu Sep 8 20:22:28 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Really Shev?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:02 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And how are we supposed to get off an island?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:03 2005] : (1) DM: In the distance you see more mountains skirted in green, standing in the seas.
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Krakatoa 1883??
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:19 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "We now know that we are on an island. This, while not a good place to be, is more knowledge than we used to have."
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Impressive"
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:40 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "But now I *really* don't know where we are"
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:50 2005] : (1) DM: ooc *KA-BOOM* turn up next week with new characters ;)
[Thu Sep 8 20:23:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Nice view"
[Thu Sep 8 20:24:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Is it me, or is it *really* hot here?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:24:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I can hardly catch my breath, especially chugging up here!"
[Thu Sep 8 20:24:38 2005] : (1) DM: It's not just you, the sun having rised higher is baking hot.
[Thu Sep 8 20:24:41 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "It is a warm climate. It is, perhaps, not a heavily inhabited island."
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I never know it could get as hot as this anywhere"
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:15 2005] : (4) Belros: "Yeah, its getting warm. Perhaps we should head down towards the sea"
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "How big do you think it is?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:54 2005] : (1) DM: A tapping noise comes from the orb.
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We were better of in the jungle"
[Thu Sep 8 20:25:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Is my face red? It feels very warm, and the top of my head too"
[Thu Sep 8 20:26:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Where next?" Here is barren and way toohot"
[Thu Sep 8 20:26:16 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Yes, Haldron, what is it?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:26:34 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc Craig, if Gandalf and Bilbo knew about volcanoes, I don't wsee why we wouldn't :P
[Thu Sep 8 20:26:53 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Do you want the bad news, the good news (then he looks around) or the really bad news?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:27:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I have no problem with volcanoes. But why would we know about the heat of the tropics
[Thu Sep 8 20:27:24 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc or the humidity, or indeed anything?
[Thu Sep 8 20:27:39 2005] : (4) Belros: "Lets start really bad and get better"
[Thu Sep 8 20:27:53 2005] : (4) Belros: "Try to end on a high note"
[Thu Sep 8 20:28:08 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Umm, did he say bad news twice?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:28:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Sounds good to me, or not"
[Thu Sep 8 20:28:18 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I am unconvinced we will even like the 'good' news."
[Thu Sep 8 20:28:22 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Bad and really bad"
[Thu Sep 8 20:28:24 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney looks worried as well as hot and knackered
[Thu Sep 8 20:29:00 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us start with the really bad news, then we can go to the bad ones and finish on a cheerful note"
[Thu Sep 8 20:29:07 2005] : (4) Belros: "It was definately cooler on the forest. Lets go back"
[Thu Sep 8 20:29:07 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I have had my share of emotions for the day"
[Thu Sep 8 20:29:32 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Let him tell us the news before we march."
[Thu Sep 8 20:29:40 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Okay, the really bad news is that judging from the scenery that this is the Archipelago. A scattered chain of volcanos, islands, islets, reefs and atols."
[Thu Sep 8 20:30:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And that news is really bad because ... ?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:30:09 2005] : (4) Belros: "Riiiight"
[Thu Sep 8 20:30:43 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros tries to look like he understands this
[Thu Sep 8 20:30:57 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Because it's home to tribes of savages and slavers. Warlords and warlocks embroiled in a near constant state of war."
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney does his best to look less confused
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "grand"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Great"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Oh, that I can handle"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let's go back to the forest, we're going to die of heat here, at least, we can do against warlords"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney smiles
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "At least there's a way out of here, then"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:39 2005] : (4) Belros: "Ok ,So whats the good news?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney suddenly looks worried again
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "NO, the bad news first"
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:58 2005] : (1) Haldon: "The sort prone to chaining strangers to the oars of their war galleys."
[Thu Sep 8 20:31:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "First the bad news"
[Thu Sep 8 20:32:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "The really bad were the ones we just had"
[Thu Sep 8 20:32:26 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Surely we could steal a galley and sail away."
[Thu Sep 8 20:32:40 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Did I say steal? I meant... commandeer."
[Thu Sep 8 20:33:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Of course you did"
[Thu Sep 8 20:33:18 2005] : (1) Haldon: "The bad news? We've travelled in time. I did all the calculatations and the conclusion is inescapable."
[Thu Sep 8 20:33:51 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "And what is that inescapable conclusion?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:33:58 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "ok, let's make this the very very bad news"
[Thu Sep 8 20:34:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Prestidigitation ( level 0, "Performs minor tricks." )
[Thu Sep 8 20:34:11 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "And the good?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:34:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney watches desperately o see if his magic works
[Thu Sep 8 20:34:51 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Oh, the good news is that we only travelled in time a few hours."
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:06 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Now that makes the bad news seem a little better."
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So what's the big deal?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:17 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Which way?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:32 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Which way what?
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: "did we move on or back?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:35:38 2005] : (4) Belros: "How many is a 'Few'?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:36:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, back or on? How many hours?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:36:45 2005] : (1) Haldon: He hold up a pieces of paper covered in strange symbols and numbers. "See for yourself. A mere 2 and a half hours forwards (plus or minus 15 minutes)"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:18 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'll take your word for it"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:29 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "That is all very well. However, how do we return?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:35 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney pulls a coin from Anna's ear and grins
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:38 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "!!!!Forward!!!!???"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Phew, at least magic works here"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So why do you consider this bad news?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:58 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros gets a shocked look on his face
[Thu Sep 8 20:37:58 2005] : (1) Haldon: "How all we need to do now is procure a sea-going vessel and proceed northwards." (he points)
[Thu Sep 8 20:38:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna grins back at Huerney
[Thu Sep 8 20:38:10 2005] : (4) Belros: "I never even considered that Huerney!"
[Thu Sep 8 20:38:13 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Alternatively, how do we bring peace to this entire island chain?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:38:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Do we have to?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:39:01 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Without our gods, I wondered if we'd have magic. But the weave must stretch to cover this plane too"
[Thu Sep 8 20:39:21 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ok, so NOrth is this way"
[Thu Sep 8 20:39:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I assume that we'll need the slaves to row it too"
[Thu Sep 8 20:39:55 2005] : (1) Haldon: Haldon looks rather taken aback. "Pacify the Archipelago? Countless have tried and they ended up chained to oars on a slaver ship."
[Thu Sep 8 20:39:57 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I'd have felt if Pelor would have left me"
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:00 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Perhaps we can offer them freedom if they row us?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:12 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I think the ship is our first task. Who might... supply one? If we offer to free the slaves after the voyage, they may be willing to help."
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna looks up at the sun
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:16 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc great minds...
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Pelor is about to give you all sun stroke.
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:48 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "We could start small... pacify one island at a time."
[Thu Sep 8 20:40:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney drinks some water thirstily
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:01 2005] : (4) Belros: "Lets head for the sea. Its far too hot up here"
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:07 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev is grinning now, and idly swinging his blade.
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:19 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I think that we should head for some shade. it's too hot up here"
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:21 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Not all the islands are inhabited."
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc No use blaming the gods, they don't care anyway
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:27 2005] : (4) Belros: "Then head round the island looking for ships"
[Thu Sep 8 20:41:41 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We'll need fresh water"
[Thu Sep 8 20:42:16 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Look for a valley, to find freshwater."
[Thu Sep 8 20:42:40 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes but go back to the jungle and follow the forest line, so as not to fry"
[Thu Sep 8 20:43:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "That sounds like an idea"
[Thu Sep 8 20:43:10 2005] : (1) Haldon: You can see a valley from this vantage point.
[Thu Sep 8 20:43:33 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Shall we head for the valley? It is probably water-carved."
[Thu Sep 8 20:43:41 2005] : (1) Haldon: BTW, north and south and the direction of the sun are the same here as on your home world.
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:07 2005] : (1) Haldon: You're on the western slope and the valley is a sort ways to the north.
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:13 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ok, if North is here..."
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne looks at the sun
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Let's just go, before I faint"
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc It would be difficult to determine if the sun came up from the west anyway, on a planet you don't know. How would you determine what's West? ;)
[Thu Sep 8 20:44:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc roflmao at hose rolls
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:06 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc it seems I don't ;)
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Lost before you even start walking ;)
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:13 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:26 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmm, I am not sure, at least we know where north is"
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:27 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'm hot in this leather gear. you must feel awful in that plate armour Shev!"
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:28 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc Haldon pointed out which was was north, and you've seen the direction the sun moves.
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:41 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us go to the valley"
[Thu Sep 8 20:45:51 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "My ring offers some aid, but it is not cool."
[Thu Sep 8 20:46:56 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev sets off walking again.
[Thu Sep 8 20:47:16 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna follows
[Thu Sep 8 20:47:18 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Sep 8 20:49:16 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros follows, swirling his cloak to cool himself down
[Thu Sep 8 20:49:38 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev tells his shield to float between him and the sun
[Thu Sep 8 20:49:45 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc animated shield... love it!
[Thu Sep 8 20:49:52 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 8 20:49:59 2005] : (1) Haldon: A short while later you reach the valley which has channel lava flows part way along it.
[Thu Sep 8 20:50:09 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc channeled
[Thu Sep 8 20:50:34 2005] : (1) DM: Heading down.
[Thu Sep 8 20:50:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Great, this does not look like cool and fresh water"
[Thu Sep 8 20:50:51 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I am starting to hate this world"
[Thu Sep 8 20:51:23 2005] : (1) DM: ooc The black rock only goes a little ways. The first of the valley is filled with trees.
[Thu Sep 8 20:51:31 2005] : (1) DM: ooc first = rest.
[Thu Sep 8 20:51:34 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "There may well be water further down the valley. If not, it is likely to provide a route tothe sea,"
[Thu Sep 8 20:51:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hmm, not water formed then"
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'm no orienteer. i'll just follow with my sword drawn"
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "There must be water here, just look at all the trees"
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Some green, at last"
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:37 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I do not need water. I can watch, while you drink."
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:40 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Sep 8 20:52:54 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what's the roll for?
[Thu Sep 8 20:53:02 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne studies the trees pattern to finda river/brook/stream
[Thu Sep 8 20:53:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: or spring
[Thu Sep 8 20:53:34 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc for that :)
[Thu Sep 8 20:53:46 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc go downhill :-P
[Thu Sep 8 20:53:46 2005] : (1) DM: As you continue downwards you eventually reach a spring of clear water.
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:02 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc never even though that a ring of sustenance would protect you from heat stroke... great ;)
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Here goes. Let us just hope that the water is drinkable"
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I'll try it"
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:32 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne cups her hands to drink some water
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:36 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc heatstroke is mostly dehydration :-)
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:38 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "At least it's fresh"
[Thu Sep 8 20:54:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney waits his turn to drink
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: "My waterskin is on Horsey"
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:16 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc default reaction is now "My xxx protects me...", unless I can't fill in xxx.
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:16 2005] : (4) Belros: "Are you sure its ok Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hold on..."
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney roots inthe bag of holding
[Thu Sep 8 20:55:48 2005] : (1) DM: The water is pure and sweet. Filtered through 100s of metres of volcanic rock over thousands of years, it is claimed to have exceptional health benefis.
[Thu Sep 8 20:56:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna drinks and fills her waterskin
[Thu Sep 8 20:56:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I have Holly's here. We can fill it and all share"
[Thu Sep 8 20:56:18 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros drinks his fill
[Thu Sep 8 20:56:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I have mine here as well"
[Thu Sep 8 20:56:40 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc :-P
[Thu Sep 8 20:57:18 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc mine are all store on the horse unless I know we are going on foot somewhere
[Thu Sep 8 20:57:50 2005] : (1) DM: ooc btw, who's carrying the chest of loot that crash landed with you?
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Heward's Handy Haversack :)
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc umm I have a haversack and a bag of holding
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:21 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Handy.
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:30 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc need to buy me one of those
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc They're nice
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:45 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc though I probably can't on this plane :/
[Thu Sep 8 20:58:58 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc not that the bag is mine. I'm just looking after party loot in it
[Thu Sep 8 20:59:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Which we still have to divvy up
[Thu Sep 8 21:00:07 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I feel better"
[Thu Sep 8 21:00:19 2005] : (1) DM: Thirst quench and water bottles all filled. What next?
[Thu Sep 8 21:00:25 2005] : (5) Huerney: Party loot bag of holding
[Thu Sep 8 21:00:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne rinses her face with cool spring water"
[Thu Sep 8 21:01:13 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc that's not including the dragon/witch's chest
[Thu Sep 8 21:01:23 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Right, we need a boat. The best place would be the seashore."
[Thu Sep 8 21:01:49 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Unless they have flying boats here"
[Thu Sep 8 21:01:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney looks serious
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:24 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna freshens up and drinks again
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:31 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I am not sure what to do next"
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:35 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "They might, but the mad mage mentioned a sea-faring vessel, not an airship."
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Losing ourselves and ending up in a gally is not exactly what I had in mind for today"
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Find a place where those boats might land?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:02:53 2005] : (4) Belros: "Head for the shore"
[Thu Sep 8 21:03:01 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Shore it is"
[Thu Sep 8 21:03:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney gets his fill of water, then puts the replenished waterskin in the bag of holding
[Thu Sep 8 21:04:59 2005] : (1) DM: A few more hours of travelling and you reach the sandy beaches on the shores of the crystal clear blue waters.
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:10 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside..."
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:13 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne fills her waterskin and heads towards the shore, studying terrain to see what's thebest way
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Any ideas now?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:33 2005] : (1) DM: The only thing on the beaches are some large crocodiles louging lazily.
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:51 2005] : (4) Belros: "Lets stay away from those"
[Thu Sep 8 21:05:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Find a shady place away from those big teeth with a view of the sea?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:06:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Yeah, we have those back home"
[Thu Sep 8 21:06:21 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Not too friendly"
[Thu Sep 8 21:06:29 2005] : (4) Belros: "Might also be a good idea to skirt along the tree line incase of unfriendly natives"
[Thu Sep 8 21:06:50 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I wonder if crocodile meat tastes good."
[Thu Sep 8 21:06:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Agreed, Belros, a little vcover won't do us much harm"
[Thu Sep 8 21:07:18 2005] : (1) Crocodile: "I wonder if human meat tastes good."
[Thu Sep 8 21:07:37 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO At least I'm not human :P
[Thu Sep 8 21:08:28 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc not much meat on an elf
[Thu Sep 8 21:08:55 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "So, which way around the island?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:08:58 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc A halfling isn't even a decent snack
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:12 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Does it matter?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:17 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc sundialwise, or anti-sundialwise?
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:20 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I sam still wondering while we are tiring ourselves out before nknowing where we need to go"
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:28 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Can't we get news from haldon?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Widdershins?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:09:42 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne knocks on teh orb again
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "He says get a boat. We get a boat"
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK"
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:16 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Whatever"
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I suppose we don't have a choice, really"
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Yes?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:10:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Which way, for the boat?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:00 2005] : (4) Belros: "How about..... this way?" Belros points left
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:09 2005] : (1) Haldon: "How should I know? Perhaps you haven't notice but I'm trapped in this orb."
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:17 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Alternatively, this way." Shev points right.
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:19 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "You know the geography of this place, we don't, a little help would be appreciated here"
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:30 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "You bring us here, you can answer questions for us!"
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:36 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I have notices, I thought you were FROM this place too"
[Thu Sep 8 21:11:46 2005] : (1) Haldon: "The Archipelago has thousands of islands I don't know them all."
[Thu Sep 8 21:12:00 2005] : (1) Haldon: "To tell you the truth I don't really know any of them."
[Thu Sep 8 21:12:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Hmm, question, do people here speak common?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:12:22 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I mean, I know you do, but you're trapped ina n orb, so you must not be the common person"
[Thu Sep 8 21:12:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Good question, that"
[Thu Sep 8 21:13:06 2005] : (1) Haldon: "The people or rather the savages who live in these islands have their own tongue but most can speak some common."
[Thu Sep 8 21:13:49 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Great. Anyone speak "savage" here?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:13:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ug!"
[Thu Sep 8 21:14:02 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "GRAAAAAH! Me SMASH!"
[Thu Sep 8 21:14:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "How's that?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:14:27 2005] : (4) Belros: "Very good. I'm sure they'll all flock to hear your tales"
[Thu Sep 8 21:14:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I don't know about any language called Savage" Anna says primly
[Thu Sep 8 21:14:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sighs
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:12 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "So, which way?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Never mind me, I am just tired, hot, and I can't imagine what happened in those two hours we lost"
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:26 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I hope A'Thedor is safe"
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:34 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Ah. Can I suggest that should we ever meet these people that you don't mock them?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney grins at Belros
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "That elf queen did not look much elf anymore"
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:49 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Of course you can't. You already did."
[Thu Sep 8 21:15:57 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Haldon, who do you think we are?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:16:38 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Brave, noble adventurers who are about to aquire a fine sea-worthy vessel?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:16:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Another bunch of savages"
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Haha, so he does know us!"
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Haldon, mockery is not exactly what will get you what you want"
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc guile, what's that?
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:12 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "By the way haldon...what happens if I..."
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc deceit
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I was being rhetorical
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:46 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc as in huerney has no idea
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes the orb in the air and pretends to be throwing it out with all her might against a rock"
[Thu Sep 8 21:17:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc So? :P
[Thu Sep 8 21:18:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "...crash the orb"?
[Thu Sep 8 21:19:36 2005] : (1) Haldon: "A worthy experiment, I'm pleased to so you applying a scientifically curious mind.It would probably bounce. Very tough material this crystal."
[Thu Sep 8 21:19:48 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu Sep 8 21:19:55 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Feel free to experiment, I'd be interested in the answer also."
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:02 2005] : (4) Belros: "Would it also float?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:15 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Should I? Really? It might free you for all we know?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:25 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Or roll to the bottom of the sea, for a very lonely time"
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:31 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Or kill you"
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "err, long and lonely time"
[Thu Sep 8 21:20:54 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Or just maim you"
[Thu Sep 8 21:21:20 2005] : (1) Haldon: "The borrom of the ocean does not really appeal to me. Perhaps you can conduct these experiments when I am no longer resident within?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: "See, we could probably stay here if we wanted, drop you in the ocean and find some nice place that's a bit cooler."
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Just remember that"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I sea" Ayhlanne winks
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:30 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Also, I'm not really trapped in the orb. More sort of within. Do you see?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:47 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Oh there I don' see anymore"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: "And that makes a difference how?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:51 2005] : (4) Belros: "How much room have you got in there?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:56 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 8 21:22:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I told you before to just stick him in a tree, he can watch the seasons from there, if this place has them"
[Thu Sep 8 21:23:21 2005] : (1) Haldon: "It's like a pocket plane I suppose. Quite roomy actually."
[Thu Sep 8 21:23:28 2005] : (5) Huerney: "But the sea would be less interesting for him"
[Thu Sep 8 21:23:47 2005] : (1) Haldon: "And I would be most appreciative if you didn't throw me into the sea. We have the same goals at the moment do we not?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:24:02 2005] : (1) Haldon: "And I think me knowledge can be of some assistance."
[Thu Sep 8 21:24:08 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Either way, we would be rid of him"
[Thu Sep 8 21:24:30 2005] : (4) Belros: "Perhaps we do, but you don't seem to be helping us much, considering that its your fault we're here"
[Thu Sep 8 21:25:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So just remember that we don't really have to go back. Whereas you would really like to escape your prison"
[Thu Sep 8 21:25:13 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Why do we not stop bickering? Haldon, if you have any advice as to which direction is more likely to lead to a boat, say it now. If not, we will choose one."
[Thu Sep 8 21:25:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I'd kind of like going back"
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I would too Ayhlanne. but at least we could live here"
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:11 2005] : (1) Haldon: "I'd probably just stay here and watch. You might see a ship travelling. Or you could encircle the island."
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:29 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "And how do we attract said ship?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:36 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Are we trying to get their attention?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:50 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Just show ourselves to be likely slave, I guess"
[Thu Sep 8 21:26:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Always an obvious answer to that one. Smoke"
[Thu Sep 8 21:27:17 2005] : (4) Belros: "I'd like to know more about this island before we go getting peoples attention"
[Thu Sep 8 21:27:22 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Slaves?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:27:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We don't look remotely like slaves"
[Thu Sep 8 21:27:38 2005] : (4) Belros: "We know next to nothing about this whole plane, never mind the island"
[Thu Sep 8 21:27:53 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "OK, let us just stay here and cook"
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:01 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "A little food won't do us any harm"
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:01 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Everyone looks like a slave to the Archipelagans."
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Just look frightened and they'll try to get us"
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:11 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Add to that the fact that we are, most likely, more dangerous than many of them."
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:13 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, what is there to learn? I doubt that there's a library tucked away over there in the trees"
[Thu Sep 8 21:28:20 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I think I said it beofre. i love this place more by the minute"
[Thu Sep 8 21:29:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne goes and finds some wood to build a fire on the beach
[Thu Sep 8 21:30:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So, do we walk on or make camp around here?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:30:39 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Camp heresounds good."
[Thu Sep 8 21:30:45 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc spacebar misfiring.
[Thu Sep 8 21:31:05 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna helps Ayhlanne to find some wood
[Thu Sep 8 21:31:45 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev gets set to take a watch.
[Thu Sep 8 21:32:05 2005] : (1) Haldon: There's drift wood along the shore line that makes ideal firewood.
[Thu Sep 8 21:32:43 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney helps to gather some wood
[Thu Sep 8 21:32:55 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Here." Ayhlanne points at a spot not too far from the forest line
[Thu Sep 8 21:33:05 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc there is a forest, right?
[Thu Sep 8 21:33:25 2005] : (1) Haldon: Most of the island is jungle.
[Thu Sep 8 21:33:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney puts his flaming sword into the driftwood pile to ignite it
[Thu Sep 8 21:33:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Not waiting until we see a ship go by?
[Thu Sep 8 21:34:02 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:01 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc Lord of the Flies!
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc no, we're hungry :)
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:09 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:24 2005] : (1) Haldon: ooc is Lord of the Flies worth reading?
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I hated Lord of the Flies
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc That's a book I've still got to read, it's been way too long
[Thu Sep 8 21:35:39 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc but I was young
[Thu Sep 8 21:36:24 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc I had to read it at school
[Thu Sep 8 21:37:40 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Ever saw that Simpson's episode?
[Thu Sep 8 21:37:46 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc yeah, lol
[Thu Sep 8 21:38:01 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc :D
[Thu Sep 8 21:38:46 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev sits and watches for Things That Go Bump In The Night (and other hazards)
[Thu Sep 8 21:39:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Anyone got a fishing rod?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:39:53 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Not I."
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:00 2005] : ** (3) Ayhlanne found the F3 macro key **
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:03 2005] : (1) Haldon: After a few hours evening falls without having seen any ships.
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:27 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc we ate those birds, are we sick yet?
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ;-)
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:40 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, they won't see smoke at night, but a fire should get their attention"
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:47 2005] : (1) Haldon: The birds were tasty.
[Thu Sep 8 21:40:58 2005] : (1) DM: Did you brave the berries?
[Thu Sep 8 21:41:31 2005] : (4) Belros: "Only if they think there is noone on the island, and if they are curious"
[Thu Sep 8 21:42:24 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: yes, we did, funky berries, I tried them
[Thu Sep 8 21:42:36 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I didn't
[Thu Sep 8 21:42:43 2005] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [48] = (48)
[Thu Sep 8 21:43:03 2005] : (1) DM: They taste slightly bitter.
[Thu Sep 8 21:43:30 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: so I didn't eat many
[Thu Sep 8 21:43:38 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I may have seen a fishing net in the Holly's bag. Here. have alook if you want one. I have no idea how to use it"
[Thu Sep 8 21:43:39 2005] : (1) DM: Make a fort save.
[Thu Sep 8 21:43:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:03 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "I might try it out at sunrise, it's a bit dark now"
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:29 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I don't think I've rolled more than a 10 tonight, except for Wilderness lore
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna goes through the bag of holding and holds the cloak she finds there
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:36 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc crazy
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:39 2005] : (1) DM: You feel a little queasy but otherwise fine.
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:55 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "This looks nice, does it do anything special?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:44:58 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I should not have tasted those berries, and I don't advise you to"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:04 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I don't feel great"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:29 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "No more of those berries then. Are you sure you're alright?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I think Holly used it for concealment"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:44 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes, I'll be ok, I'm going to lie down a bit"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: "It disguises you too"
[Thu Sep 8 21:45:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Might I try it?"
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Sure, I said to have a look earlier on"
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+43] -> [2,43] = (45)
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:41 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [12,26] = (38)
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:47 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne lies down
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:55 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc do the points stack?
[Thu Sep 8 21:46:59 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna walks around, trying to be inconspicuous
[Thu Sep 8 21:47:04 2005] : (1) DM: ooc which points?
[Thu Sep 8 21:47:06 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Yep
[Thu Sep 8 21:47:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc for the cloak Anna just tried on and whatever else ehs has on
[Thu Sep 8 21:47:33 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc skillpoints, concealment on armor and cloak
[Thu Sep 8 21:47:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc a robe wouldn't stack, though
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc it's a cloak, not a robe
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:20 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc isn't it?
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Are you sure? They're both enhancement bonuses to skills?
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc that's why they stack :)
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:45 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I'm positive, I checked
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:46 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc you could not wear a robe AND an armour?
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc umm, depends on the type of bonus. Concealment bonuses peobably don't unless one is a luck bonus or something like that
[Thu Sep 8 21:48:59 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, with the cloak they stack
[Thu Sep 8 21:49:34 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc The description of the enchantment on the armor specifies that it won't stack to a *robe* of elvenkind
[Thu Sep 8 21:49:37 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc what's an immovable rod?
[Thu Sep 8 21:49:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc You an fix it in mid-air
[Thu Sep 8 21:49:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc you can wear both but only take the highest bonus if the enhancement types are the same, e.g. concealment
[Thu Sep 8 21:50:16 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc you pusha button on one end and it stays exactly where it is
[Thu Sep 8 21:50:38 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc I think I took the Icicle dagger last time I played
[Thu Sep 8 21:50:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc did you? Ok I'll mark it
[Thu Sep 8 21:51:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc or remove it rather
[Thu Sep 8 21:51:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc If they don't stack, then why does the description only mention the robe of elvenkind?
[Thu Sep 8 21:52:37 2005] : (1) DM: ooc In general, bonuses don't stack unless they're of a different type. I think you're inferring too much from that example.
[Thu Sep 8 21:52:42 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev watches the sea, and ignores the frolicking behind him.
[Thu Sep 8 21:53:14 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne snores and gets some rest
[Thu Sep 8 21:53:25 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc In that case they should have said it was an example. Not that I want to be difficult mind, if you say they don't stack, they don't
[Thu Sep 8 21:53:47 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc they are both circumstance bonuses, hence they don't stack unless the rules specifically state that they do
[Thu Sep 8 21:54:53 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc What's a circumstance bonus?
[Thu Sep 8 21:54:56 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Actually, circumstance bonus stack provided they're not from the same sort of thing.
[Thu Sep 8 21:54:59 2005] : (4) Belros: "Hmmm we could do with some food"
[Thu Sep 8 21:55:27 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc do they? Well, it should be OK then. Robe of blending and cloak of elvenkind
[Thu Sep 8 21:56:26 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc Belros, we've just eaten the birds :P
[Thu Sep 8 21:56:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc The robe won't stack because it completely covers the armour, I guess
[Thu Sep 8 21:56:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc cloak and armour/robe do not stack. Since both work in a similar way.
[Thu Sep 8 21:56:52 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc a cloak and a ring would?
[Thu Sep 8 21:57:09 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc oh, so we did
[Thu Sep 8 21:57:28 2005] : (1) DM: ooc No. Two circumstance bonuses that would stack would be. Wearing a clock (+10), and it being dark (+6) = +16 total.
[Thu Sep 8 21:58:03 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc a clock? ;)
[Thu Sep 8 21:58:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc yes, i have to say that they do appear to provide the same kind of circumstance. that of blending into the shadows
[Thu Sep 8 21:58:13 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc The decsription of the Shadow enchantment can be find in the DMG, page 181
[Thu Sep 8 21:58:46 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc so you know it's night-time, Belros
[Thu Sep 8 21:59:01 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Sep 8 21:59:19 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc sounds reasonable
[Thu Sep 8 21:59:26 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc but the robe would essentially cover the armour, hence eliminating any advantage
[Thu Sep 8 21:59:49 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc That's what I thought
[Thu Sep 8 22:00:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc so what are we arguing about if you agree?
[Thu Sep 8 22:00:24 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 8 22:00:40 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc I'm still watching the sea.
[Thu Sep 8 22:00:47 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Who's arguing? I just want to be clear about this myself
[Thu Sep 8 22:00:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I thought you had a robe of elvenkind, plus the robe anyway!
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc cloak
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Aaaanyway...
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:27 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney wonders at the voices in his head
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:31 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc No robe here, just a breastplate with a Shadow enchantment
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:51 2005] : (1) DM: Time passes. Stars twinkle overhead. None of the constellations look familar.
[Thu Sep 8 22:01:57 2005] : (1) DM: A small moon rises.
[Thu Sep 8 22:02:27 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna goes to sleep
[Thu Sep 8 22:02:42 2005] : (1) DM: A faint drumming sound can be heard in the distance to the east.
[Thu Sep 8 22:02:55 2005] : (4) Belros: Belros does that thing Elfy types do
[Thu Sep 8 22:02:59 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne wakes up sometime in the middle of the night and sits looking at the sea, feeling better
[Thu Sep 8 22:03:43 2005] : (1) DM: As the night pases the drumming grows closer.
[Thu Sep 8 22:03:57 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Who took the last watch?
[Thu Sep 8 22:04:13 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: ooc I was asleep for it.
[Thu Sep 8 22:04:31 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc I'll take watch after my 4hrs
[Thu Sep 8 22:04:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I usually take last watch
[Thu Sep 8 22:05:08 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I did, because I went to sleep early
[Thu Sep 8 22:05:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Should I bother asking Huernry to roll a spot check? ;)
[Thu Sep 8 22:05:34 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc so its either me, me and Ayh or me Ayh and Heurney
[Thu Sep 8 22:06:25 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I am definitely there :)
[Thu Sep 8 22:07:24 2005] : (1) DM: Those on watch see lights across the water, approaching from the east and heading parallel to the shoreline (therefore heading south west).
[Thu Sep 8 22:08:29 2005] : (1) DM: As you strain your eyes in the dark you make out the long sleek shape of a ship, The lamp light on the boat illuminates a single square sail.
[Thu Sep 8 22:08:39 2005] : (4) Belros: "Should we try and get their attention?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:08:50 2005] : (1) DM: The drumming comes from the ship.
[Thu Sep 8 22:08:54 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "They've probably seen us already'
[Thu Sep 8 22:09:05 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "This drumming though...a galley?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:09:17 2005] : (4) Belros: "Slaves?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:09:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney waits
[Thu Sep 8 22:09:43 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Should we draw our swords?
[Thu Sep 8 22:09:52 2005] : (4) Belros: "Lets watch where it heads for"
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:09 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Did anyone wake me up?
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:18 2005] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:19 2005] : ** (5) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:25 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc no point until we know whats happening
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:30 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Sep 8 22:10:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney goes to wake up the sleepers
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:07 2005] : (4) Belros: "If they launch boats in our direction we should prepare for batlle I think"
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:12 2005] : (1) DM: The ship slides on by, about 300 m off shore, it continues along it's course.
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:22 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gathers her things and packs her bag, checking her arrows and hating the DM because her arrow of true flight is on another plane
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:23 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Huh? What's up?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:35 2005] : (5) Huerney: "It might be nothing"
[Thu Sep 8 22:11:49 2005] : (1) DM: As it closes you see it's a galley with a single bank of oars.
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:00 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Anyone with nautical skills?
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'll shout if it's something. just be aware that a boat just passed us"
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:15 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc nope
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:29 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc not me
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:31 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: nope
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:32 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna gets up, suddenly wide awake
[Thu Sep 8 22:12:38 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc nope
[Thu Sep 8 22:13:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc oh dear, no sailors among you.
[Thu Sep 8 22:13:36 2005] : (1) DM: The ship doesn't change course or slow as it passes. Do you do anything?
[Thu Sep 8 22:13:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Phew, looks like they've gone"
[Thu Sep 8 22:14:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We don't want to catch that boat then?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:14:25 2005] : (4) Belros: "Maybe they are headed to a port on this island"
[Thu Sep 8 22:14:27 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "We wanted a boat!"
[Thu Sep 8 22:15:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Umm, crap"
[Thu Sep 8 22:15:38 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Belros, you're supposed to be the clever one!"
[Thu Sep 8 22:15:41 2005] : (4) Belros: "That boat was far too big for us to use alone"
[Thu Sep 8 22:15:53 2005] : (1) DM: The boat is still nearby.
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:11 2005] : (1) DM: Though it will soon round a headland and be out of sight.
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:13 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "Are you sure?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:17 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "We can recruit the slaves. We can offer them their freedom."
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:31 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev piles more dry wood on the fire
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:40 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne runs to the fire and makes it brighter by adding wood
[Thu Sep 8 22:16:43 2005] : (4) Belros: "Offer them freedom if they row us somewhere?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:17:11 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "We have no need of slaves, so why not?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:17:11 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Errr, maybe try and see what the "slavers" are like?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:17:14 2005] : (1) DM: The fire flares up sending a shower of sparks into the air.
[Thu Sep 8 22:17:40 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Our need for slaves extends as far as the need for a crew for the galley."
[Thu Sep 8 22:18:46 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Unless some of you are good rowers?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:18:49 2005] : (1) DM: The ship continues it's course.
[Thu Sep 8 22:19:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "So I was right, we have no need of slaves. But we could sure use a crew"
[Thu Sep 8 22:19:56 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Belros, can you attract their attention? A fireball might help, but not too close."
[Thu Sep 8 22:20:13 2005] : (4) Belros: "Well, if you're sure"
[Thu Sep 8 22:20:54 2005] : (4) Belros: Aimed a good bit above the ship
[Thu Sep 8 22:20:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: "umm, can you make a flare instead"
[Thu Sep 8 22:21:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Don't waste your magic"
[Thu Sep 8 22:21:08 2005] : (4) Belros: "Flare might be better"
[Thu Sep 8 22:21:23 2005] : (4) Belros: I Cast flare as far and as high as I can over the water
[Thu Sep 8 22:21:44 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "It sure would look less agressive, we don't want to frighten the slavers off"
[Thu Sep 8 22:22:11 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc 50ft is my maximum
[Thu Sep 8 22:22:46 2005] : (1) DM: As the flare burst over head. Shouts are heard from the ship, the drumming changes tempo.
[Thu Sep 8 22:23:19 2005] : (1) DM: Oars thrash the water as the crew (or slaves) bring the boat about.
[Thu Sep 8 22:23:26 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "Attention-seeking? Us?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:23:31 2005] : (4) Belros: "Hmmm, I'm still dubious, but whats done is done"
[Thu Sep 8 22:23:50 2005] : (4) Belros: Casts...: Mage Armour (+4 AC 10hrs)
[Thu Sep 8 22:24:07 2005] : (1) DM: The sail empties and flaps uselessly when it no longer catches the wind. It's quickly reefed.
[Thu Sep 8 22:24:51 2005] : (1) DM: Within minutes the craft as excuted a tight starboard turn until it's prow is pointed directly towards you.
[Thu Sep 8 22:24:56 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne is all ready and knocks on the orb
[Thu Sep 8 22:25:07 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Haldon, I think we got your ship"
[Thu Sep 8 22:25:26 2005] : (1) Haldon: The orb lights up and Haldon appears, looking a bit sleepy?
[Thu Sep 8 22:25:33 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: "His ship indeed"
[Thu Sep 8 22:25:39 2005] : (1) Haldon: "Huh wha?"
[Thu Sep 8 22:26:50 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney readies himself, slackens his rapier in it's scabbard and secures his shield
[Thu Sep 8 22:27:12 2005] : (1) DM: The drumming on the shit picks up the pace again.
[Thu Sep 8 22:27:35 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc ewww
[Thu Sep 8 22:27:48 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna readies her bow and tries to stay out of sight
[Thu Sep 8 22:27:48 2005] : (1) Haldon: "A slaver ship?! You're either mad, brave or foolish."
[Thu Sep 8 22:28:03 2005] : (3) Ayhlanne: "All of those"
[Thu Sep 8 22:28:07 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+32] -> [6,32] = (38)
[Thu Sep 8 22:28:11 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: "I'd put a blade behind all three."
[Thu Sep 8 22:28:50 2005] : (6) Tar Shevran: Shev stands tall on the shore, with his shield floating off to one side, and his sword grounded in front of him.
[Thu Sep 8 22:29:02 2005] : (1) DM: A robed man steps onto the prow of the ship and starts chanting in time with the drumming.
[Thu Sep 8 22:29:21 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc how far away is he?
[Thu Sep 8 22:30:20 2005] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna casts bless (+1 to attack and +1 to save against fear on allies)
[Thu Sep 8 22:30:32 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Too far to be heard probably... DM compresses time slightly and the ship is now mere 10s of m from the shore line.
[Thu Sep 8 22:30:49 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc I was looking for 200 foot
[Thu Sep 8 22:30:55 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc so was I :)
[Thu Sep 8 22:30:56 2005] : (5) Huerney: At that point...
[Thu Sep 8 22:31:01 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Dominate Person ( level 4, "Controls humanoid telepathically. Will save [Bad dice format] - [14+Cha]" )
[Thu Sep 8 22:31:05 2005] : (1) DM: ooc at that point...
[Thu Sep 8 22:31:08 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END