Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 25 August 2005

[Thu Aug 25 19:26:13 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Aug 25 19:26:37 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "So, what now?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:27:05 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nearly suggested taking dragonscale with us...
[Thu Aug 25 19:27:16 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "should we take her body back to the elves, for burial?
[Thu Aug 25 19:27:19 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc What's that?
[Thu Aug 25 19:27:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney's head appears from the small crevasse that he fell down in all the confusion
[Thu Aug 25 19:27:56 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "At least let's show her body to the Clan of the Wolf, they'll be very interested to know she's really dead"
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Little help here!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:18 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Sure!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney climbs out
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:49 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Are you alright?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Aww, I missed the big fight!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:28:58 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Do you want the truth or the drama?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:29:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm OK, is everyone else OK?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:29:17 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Give him the drama, he's a bard"
[Thu Aug 25 19:29:44 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I'm injured, but will live. Not sure I could fight another battle though."
[Thu Aug 25 19:29:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Either will do, the most plain story is brought vividly to life in my head as I hear it"
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I can help with that"
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Critical Wounds ( level 4, "Cures 4d8+1/level damage (max +20). ==> [4d8+11] -> [3,5,8,4,11] = (31)" )
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:21 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I'm still hurting a bit, but it'll pass"
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev tells the story
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It's a new one I learned the other night"
[Thu Aug 25 19:30:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "... not a dramatic retelling, but I am a soldier, not a poet."
[Thu Aug 25 19:31:00 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "That is a serious spell"
[Thu Aug 25 19:31:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But I can see it all, all the swings and falls"
[Thu Aug 25 19:31:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I only have one per day"
[Thu Aug 25 19:31:41 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Will you grant me a request? Tell it only in taverns where I am not."
[Thu Aug 25 19:32:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Allow me to aid you too Anna, I feel such a fool falling down there when you all needed me!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:32:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Moderate Wounds ( level 2, "Cures 2d8+1/level damage (max +10). ==> [2d8+10] -> [2,5,10] = (17)" )
[Thu Aug 25 19:33:12 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Thank you, Huerney, I feel fine now"
[Thu Aug 25 19:33:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "If that is your wish Shev, i shall respect it"
[Thu Aug 25 19:33:44 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That is kind. I do not like to view myself as a hero - I only think of past battles to learn from them."
[Thu Aug 25 19:33:51 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Why so modest, Shev?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:34:30 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "By the time Huerney retells the story, not even you will recognise it, as far as I know bards"
[Thu Aug 25 19:34:33 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am no hero, only a soldier. Any soldier has the hero within him, so long as he fights to defend those who cannot defend themselves."
[Thu Aug 25 19:35:07 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "You almost sound like a paladin"
[Thu Aug 25 19:35:45 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I don't think so.
[Thu Aug 25 19:35:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Paladins are dull, they too often sit and plan, whan they should be at the sharp end of things"
[Thu Aug 25 19:36:14 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Hah, no, not I. I am no holy knight. I am a man with a blade."
[Thu Aug 25 19:36:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So where do we go next?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:36:48 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "But paladins always go on and on about innocents and what's the right thing to do"
[Thu Aug 25 19:37:24 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "It's just a pity that they're always *so* arrogant"
[Thu Aug 25 19:38:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "There is no 'innocent', there are only those who have not initiated that particular conflict. There is rarely a clear 'right', either."
[Thu Aug 25 19:38:52 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "There are some innocents, but those are mainly the children"
[Thu Aug 25 19:39:10 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "And those I will try to protect."
[Thu Aug 25 19:39:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "A very sensible way to think"
[Thu Aug 25 19:39:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Probably close to my own philosophy"
[Thu Aug 25 19:40:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Although I also like to be rewarded too, else I should starve and not be able to tell my tales"
[Thu Aug 25 19:40:31 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We can try to do what's good, if we can see it"
[Thu Aug 25 19:40:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney winks
[Thu Aug 25 19:40:52 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "So: back to the glacier?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:05 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "And otherwise, we can avoid taking the easy course. We ride!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't know. We have no idea what is to the North of this pass"
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:25 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Nothing wrong with the easy course"
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And despite this corpse here"
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:32 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna mounts
[Thu Aug 25 19:41:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney nudges the dead wittch with his foot
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:07 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We should let the Wolf tribe know that the Witch is slain, and we should consider if we wish to inform the elves that she is defeated."
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I wonder what the elf queen would say if we returned her orb"
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney mounts Horsey
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:40 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "She might not be too pleaes, if she wanted the witch alive"
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:48 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: pleased
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:53 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We had no choice in the matter."
[Thu Aug 25 19:42:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm sure that she left you little choice"
[Thu Aug 25 19:43:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "how do you cow a dragon intent on your death?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:43:36 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc say MOOOOO!
[Thu Aug 25 19:43:58 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I can tell you in all honesty that not a single tale that I know deals with such a circumstance"
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:06 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Are we taking th body?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:19 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I believe that we should, at least to show to the Wolf tribe."
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Perhaps we should"
[Thu Aug 25 19:44:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Perhaps we could have a member of the Wolf tribe raise her? or use the spell that deleays decay?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:45:29 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That would seem best. Without the orb, and as our prisoner, she should be kept harmless enough."
[Thu Aug 25 19:45:45 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We should be able to manage that"
[Thu Aug 25 19:46:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: "If we present her body in a state of arrested death, I'm sure that the elves could decide if they want her back"
[Thu Aug 25 19:46:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And we will have shown that our thoughts were in preserving her for them"
[Thu Aug 25 19:46:43 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Sounds like a plan"
[Thu Aug 25 19:46:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, to the tribe of the Wolf"
[Thu Aug 25 19:47:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Oh, better grab the body!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:47:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney puts the body in front of his saddle
[Thu Aug 25 19:48:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Touch, Away!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:48:42 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "So why did those elves wanted her kept alive?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:49:19 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I think she was something to the Queen; a sister, perhaps."
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm sure when she hears what she had become, she'll understand what you had to do to retrieve the orb"
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:26 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I hope so"
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney rides
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:34 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Particularly if we can return the body in a state where the witch could still be raised."
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: ""Yes"
[Thu Aug 25 19:50:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev is riding too
[Thu Aug 25 19:51:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do you think the wolf tribe will help us down the glacier and across the gorge?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:51:50 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I don't know, but they kn ow the surrounding much better than we do"
[Thu Aug 25 19:51:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Unfortunately the bridge collapsed when our metal-clad friend here crossed it"
[Thu Aug 25 19:52:26 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "It was fine when I crossed it"
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am larger than you are, lady!"
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:03 2005] : (5) theotherayhlanne (enter): 19:53
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:11 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc hi notafish
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:17 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "And I crossed it months ago"
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:24 2005] : (5) theotherayhlanne: ooc rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It may be that we end up having to go North, then cut all the way around the mountain range, back through [Bad dice format] - [the place that had the pit fiend]"
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:32 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Hi, Delphine, glad you could make it :D
[Thu Aug 25 19:53:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Hi Del
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yeah, we must have come over after you"
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:22 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "The Wolf tribe may know another route. We shall ask them."
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:23 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Pit fiend? You've led an interesting life"
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:47 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Westlin.
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yes, now that was a tale and a half, would you like to hear some of it?"
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have indeed"
[Thu Aug 25 19:54:56 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That is a story in which I have no part."
[Thu Aug 25 19:55:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, i shall regale you all as we go"
[Thu Aug 25 19:55:21 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We have the time and I love a good story"
[Thu Aug 25 19:55:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney talks about the time in Westlin
[Thu Aug 25 19:56:15 2005] : (1) DM: Heading back to Castell Cadwr or what?
[Thu Aug 25 19:56:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Sigh, I do miss Nerin... and Myfanwy. At least we know she's still around"
[Thu Aug 25 19:56:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Aye.
[Thu Aug 25 19:56:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc if it's in the right direction
[Thu Aug 25 19:56:46 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Yep
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:03 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc We're going back the way we came
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:16 2005] : (1) DM: k
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what did I miss?
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc David will you ever forgive me? :(
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc for being late...
[Thu Aug 25 19:57:57 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you didn't miss much.
[Thu Aug 25 19:58:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Aug 25 19:58:23 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc pc trouble?
[Thu Aug 25 19:59:12 2005] : (1) DM: You eventually make it back to the tower. Leading members of the Wolf clan are still around.
[Thu Aug 25 19:59:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Hail! The Witch is dead."
[Thu Aug 25 19:59:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, not even so good an excuse. I forgot, completely. I remembered at one point this afternoon, but then it just slipped my mind :(
[Thu Aug 25 19:59:56 2005] : (1) DM: ooc np
[Thu Aug 25 20:00:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Are you hurt at all Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:00:09 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Shame on you! ;)
[Thu Aug 25 20:00:32 2005] : (1) Shaman: "You have slain the icewitch?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Yes, we have."
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:03 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We have"
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "She lies in death before my pommel here"
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney getures in front of him
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:22 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna dismounts and stretches her legs
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc Huerney takes the dangerous job of transporting the corpse :-P
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:38 2005] : (1) Shaman: "The Wolf can is in your debt."
[Thu Aug 25 20:01:39 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Good to say you again, my friend"
[Thu Aug 25 20:02:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We can propose a method to even the score"
[Thu Aug 25 20:02:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No Huerney, I am fine"
[Thu Aug 25 20:02:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "The witch, as dangerous as she was, was in the grip of a powerful artefact"
[Thu Aug 25 20:02:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We would have you bind her soul to this palane, if you could
[Thu Aug 25 20:02:50 2005] : (1) Shaman: "The orb? We have heard of it. Have you recovered it?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:03:22 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That way, the elves can restore her to life if they so desire."
[Thu Aug 25 20:03:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Indeed, though we are bound to return it to the elves"
[Thu Aug 25 20:03:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Though they expressed a wish for us to return the witch alive"
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hence our request to delay her decay"
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:02 2005] : (1) Shaman: "Hmph. I'm not seeing the wisdom in preserving the corpse of such a wicked witch."
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:16 2005] : (1) Shaman: "One such as her is better off dead."
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We believe she was corrupted by the orb. I offer you my word that she will not be reunited by it."
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But this could mean the difference between our lives and deaths"
[Thu Aug 25 20:04:46 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc with it! Damnation!
[Thu Aug 25 20:05:03 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "If she acted wicked because she was bewitched, she might do good still"
[Thu Aug 25 20:05:13 2005] : (1) Shaman: ooc diplomacy roll Huerney
[Thu Aug 25 20:05:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+24] -> [19,24] = (43)
[Thu Aug 25 20:07:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Indeed. I should hate to be judged on my actions should I become bewitched by the spells of another"
[Thu Aug 25 20:07:01 2005] : (1) Shaman: "I understand your concern but what gaurantee can you make that if she is raised she will not fall back into her evil ways?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:07:53 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We can make no guarantee. We can only remove the source of her power."
[Thu Aug 25 20:07:59 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We know the elves abhor what she has done, they will take care of her"
[Thu Aug 25 20:08:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We can guarantee that she will be far from this place, and that should it happen again, we shall consider it our oath-bound duty to defeat her agaiin"
[Thu Aug 25 20:08:53 2005] : (1) Shaman: "We accept your oath." (he casts a spell on the body)
[Thu Aug 25 20:09:49 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "How long will that spell last?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:09:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We thank you"
[Thu Aug 25 20:09:57 2005] : (1) Shaman: ooc what ever the book says...
[Thu Aug 25 20:10:07 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 25 20:10:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney bows with his hand on his heart
[Thu Aug 25 20:10:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc 1day/level
[Thu Aug 25 20:11:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc /me wonders where her book is
[Thu Aug 25 20:11:31 2005] : (1) Shaman: ooc 8 days
[Thu Aug 25 20:11:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc which box? o.O
[Thu Aug 25 20:11:37 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev clenches a fist and strikes the pommel of his sword.
[Thu Aug 25 20:12:05 2005] : (1) Shaman: "Do you require any further services? Perhaps guides to the edge of the glacier?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:12:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "That would be greatly appreciated."
[Thu Aug 25 20:12:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yes, there is also the matter of the broken bridge over the gorge"
[Thu Aug 25 20:12:59 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Isn't the bridge out?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:13:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Is there another way over the gorge?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:13:14 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We are honoured to have fought with the Wolf clan, and I offer my blade to your call. If you need my aid, I will do what I can."
[Thu Aug 25 20:13:37 2005] : (1) Shaman: The shaman ponders for a moment.
[Thu Aug 25 20:13:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And I shall sing of your victory over the Bear clan wherever a good song is required"
[Thu Aug 25 20:14:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc don't we have them the wrong way again?
[Thu Aug 25 20:14:10 2005] : (1) Shaman: "You could travel south and go the long way around via a more easterly pass."
[Thu Aug 25 20:14:38 2005] : (1) Shaman: "Or perhaps you could follow Afon Tathal southwards."
[Thu Aug 25 20:15:00 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nah, the Wolf clan are our friends.
[Thu Aug 25 20:15:06 2005] : (1) Shaman: "We of the mountains know little of terrain beyond these peaks I'm afraid."
[Thu Aug 25 20:15:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm not sure that it's possible to follow the gorge"
[Thu Aug 25 20:16:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We shall see what we see"
[Thu Aug 25 20:16:31 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Thank you so much for your help. Till we meet again"
[Thu Aug 25 20:16:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It has been an honour to meet such hospitable hosts where we did not expect to find them"
[Thu Aug 25 20:16:45 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna mounts again
[Thu Aug 25 20:16:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: "we thank you again"
[Thu Aug 25 20:17:07 2005] : (1) Shaman: ooc if you check the map you'll see that the bridge didn't cross the Tathal.
[Thu Aug 25 20:17:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do you return with us Anna?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:17:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc But we never saw the other river so Huerney has no idea of the terrain
[Thu Aug 25 20:18:18 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I want to know how it ends and I long for more sun and less ice"
[Thu Aug 25 20:18:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That sounds like something I could do with"
[Thu Aug 25 20:18:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "More sun"
[Thu Aug 25 20:18:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I long for the woods, although I dread the elves"
[Thu Aug 25 20:19:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I have no wish to anger them on their own ground. On the plains, I would face a dozen of them without fear."
[Thu Aug 25 20:19:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I guess that we should be going again though"
[Thu Aug 25 20:19:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Do they really frighten you? Then why would you want to return to them?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:20:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Unless you think it best to rest here before we attempt to journey again?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:20:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "They do not frighten me, their reaction does"
[Thu Aug 25 20:21:13 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I'm fine and if we're going there's no time like the present"
[Thu Aug 25 20:21:48 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Well, you do sounds a bit apprehensive, but perhaps frightened was the wrong word"
[Thu Aug 25 20:22:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, poor choice of cwords"
[Thu Aug 25 20:22:25 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "If we have a time limit on our return, it may be best to rest here so that we are stonger if we have to fight."
[Thu Aug 25 20:22:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We are grateful for your guides Wolf clan"
[Thu Aug 25 20:22:45 2005] : (1) Shaman: ooc the word you're looking for is "chicken". accompanied by clucking noises.
[Thu Aug 25 20:23:00 2005] : (1) Shaman: "The honour is ours."
[Thu Aug 25 20:23:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc :P
[Thu Aug 25 20:23:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc what time is it?
[Thu Aug 25 20:23:36 2005] : (1) Shaman: Early evening.
[Thu Aug 25 20:23:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I agree to rest a bit"
[Thu Aug 25 20:24:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "As the night is drawing in, perhaps heading out now is not very wise"
[Thu Aug 25 20:24:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "May we take your offer of guides in the morning, at first light Shamen?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:24:41 2005] : (1) Shaman: "Certainly"
[Thu Aug 25 20:25:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "In that case, once again, it has been a honour. goodbye Shaman"
[Thu Aug 25 20:25:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Where would be a good place to rest?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:25:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney goes and stables Horsey
[Thu Aug 25 20:25:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: "The Tower has warm rooms and fireplaces"
[Thu Aug 25 20:25:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I'm sorry if I offended you, Ayhlanne, I've been told before I need to choose my words more carefully, but dwarves always have some problem communicationg with other races"
[Thu Aug 25 20:26:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I thought she was a halfling??
[Thu Aug 25 20:26:36 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc She looks like a halfling
[Thu Aug 25 20:26:57 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "You are somewhat slender for a dwarf."
[Thu Aug 25 20:26:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh, you did not, I am just worried about not keepin my word to the elves. Which we could scarcely do, considering the circumstances"
[Thu Aug 25 20:28:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I believe that one who can raise the dead can do so with a body several days old anyway"
[Thu Aug 25 20:28:18 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "We have done what we could, she was the one that fought to the death"
[Thu Aug 25 20:28:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So we shouldn't be too worried about rushing"
[Thu Aug 25 20:29:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But we shouldn't be taking too much time either"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So you are a dwarf Anna, I had assumed that you were a halfling. "
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And somehow prepare a speech of what we are going to say"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:16 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev gets ready to sleep.
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Although...well, I guess we really had no choice"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm sure we can come up with something"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets ready to sleep too
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:34 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "That's what eerybody assumes. Actually: I'm both"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "We need to avoid causing A'Thedor to be punished."
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:57 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Who?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:30:59 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc the mind boggles.
[Thu Aug 25 20:31:07 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna settles down
[Thu Aug 25 20:31:42 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "An Elven captain who helped us to find the Witch. Against the direct command of his Queen, who did not seem one to tolerate question, let alone independence."
[Thu Aug 25 20:32:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yes, he seemed an honourable guy. I'd hate to disappoint him."
[Thu Aug 25 20:32:43 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "He sounds like a brave an honourable man and she sounds terrible"
[Thu Aug 25 20:32:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney settles down too
[Thu Aug 25 20:33:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do we need to set a watch while in the tower, with Wolf clan around outside?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:33:56 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I should doubt it, though I can watch while I am not sleeping."
[Thu Aug 25 20:34:11 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Only if you think there are dangers within, I'd say"
[Thu Aug 25 20:34:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm sorry, but I can barely keep my eyes open. The air seems so thin up here"
[Thu Aug 25 20:34:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm exhausted!"
[Thu Aug 25 20:35:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: And with that, huerney is asleep
[Thu Aug 25 20:35:16 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc And you never even joined the fight :P
[Thu Aug 25 20:35:25 2005] : (2) Huerney: And in his sleep, he's a tiger ;)
[Thu Aug 25 20:35:28 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna goes to sleep as well
[Thu Aug 25 20:35:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc he fought the Bulette
[Thu Aug 25 20:36:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Thu Aug 25 20:36:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: brb loo
[Thu Aug 25 20:37:19 2005] : (1) Shaman: Dawn.
[Thu Aug 25 20:38:41 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna goes outside to meditate
[Thu Aug 25 20:38:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc back
[Thu Aug 25 20:38:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne writes a bit in her journal
[Thu Aug 25 20:39:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney wakes and does his singing rituals out of everyone else's way
[Thu Aug 25 20:39:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc any healing needed, I'd have done before sleep BTW, i had loads of spells left
[Thu Aug 25 20:39:46 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev wakes up and sharpens his blade
[Thu Aug 25 20:41:54 2005] : (1) DM: Your guides are waiting impatiently outside.
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne is ready in no time
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Good morning"
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney gets ready and then grabs Horsey
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:34 2005] : (1) Guide: "'Mornin'"
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Good morning"
[Thu Aug 25 20:43:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We thank you for your services as guides"
[Thu Aug 25 20:44:10 2005] : (1) Guide: "Which way are you headed? North or south?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:44:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We fared pretty poorly on our way up"
[Thu Aug 25 20:44:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "South, towards the river"
[Thu Aug 25 20:44:32 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "South."
[Thu Aug 25 20:44:44 2005] : (1) Guide: "Your horses ain't really the beasts for this sort of place."
[Thu Aug 25 20:45:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We will lead them, rather than ride"
[Thu Aug 25 20:45:12 2005] : (1) Guide: "South it is. Remember, stick close or you might find yourself in a cravass."
[Thu Aug 25 20:45:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But to leave them woould probably have meant their certain death"
[Thu Aug 25 20:45:38 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Don't worry, we will stay very close"
[Thu Aug 25 20:45:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc probably certain??
[Thu Aug 25 20:46:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "they might not be, but they are stufrdy, and have taken us out a few dead ends"
[Thu Aug 25 20:47:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I am ready to follow"
[Thu Aug 25 20:47:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So am I, lead the way please"
[Thu Aug 25 20:48:23 2005] : (1) Guide: The guide leads the way do the glacier. Skirting the treacherous areas
[Thu Aug 25 20:48:39 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Actually, all of a sudden I'm wonder4ing if I want to go"
[Thu Aug 25 20:48:55 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna follows, leading her pony
[Thu Aug 25 20:50:58 2005] : (1) Guide: You reach the end of the glaicer after a day and a half of uneventful travelling. Having camped for the night in a shelter spot.
[Thu Aug 25 20:51:25 2005] : (1) Guide: "This is it. It should be safe enough for you now."
[Thu Aug 25 20:51:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you for your time"
[Thu Aug 25 20:51:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Know we will always be there should you need us"
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I thank you. I offer you this gift of silk rope."
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:19 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna hugs the guide
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It is much more slender than a conventional rope"
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:38 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Say goodbye to all my friends for me and tell them I'll be back someday"
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:43 2005] : (1) Guide: The guide accepts the rope. "Rope is always useful here in the mountains."
[Thu Aug 25 20:52:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And should allow you to carry it without burden"
[Thu Aug 25 20:54:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: "May happiness follow you and yours for all of your days"
[Thu Aug 25 20:54:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Farewell clan of the Wolf"
[Thu Aug 25 20:54:48 2005] : (1) Guide: "Fare well adventures."
[Thu Aug 25 20:54:49 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna turns and climbs on her pony, wiping at her eyes
[Thu Aug 25 20:55:00 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Fare well, my friend"
[Thu Aug 25 20:55:35 2005] : (1) Guide: The guides head back north leaving you at the start of the worn trail southwards.
[Thu Aug 25 20:57:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then we ride to the forest, and what awaits us there."
[Thu Aug 25 20:57:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Indeed, let us be off"
[Thu Aug 25 20:57:50 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Adventures await us!"
[Thu Aug 25 20:58:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Ayhlanne, will you lead?"
[Thu Aug 25 20:59:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I will"
[Thu Aug 25 21:00:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne studies the way
[Thu Aug 25 21:00:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)" )
[Thu Aug 25 21:01:51 2005] : (1) DM: As the day draws to a close you reach the point where the trail turns eastwards, climbing up the side of the valley.
[Thu Aug 25 21:02:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc can we cross the Tathal here?
[Thu Aug 25 21:03:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc to head down the West side?
[Thu Aug 25 21:03:52 2005] : (1) DM: The river is swift but not very deep or broad at this point.
[Thu Aug 25 21:04:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do we cross this river, and head down the West side, directly towards the forest?
[Thu Aug 25 21:04:57 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "You know the way, I don't"
[Thu Aug 25 21:05:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Or head back down towards the missing bridge, then follow the valley up again to where we can ford the stream?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:05:27 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It would seem best to ride on the West."
[Thu Aug 25 21:05:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "i'm no judge of terrain, i only say the options as I see them on the map"
[Thu Aug 25 21:06:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne studies the map
[Thu Aug 25 21:06:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would cross now"
[Thu Aug 25 21:07:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "we do not know that we will be able to cross later"
[Thu Aug 25 21:07:50 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Lead the way"
[Thu Aug 25 21:08:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne studies the river
[Thu Aug 25 21:08:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney has Horsey walk across the river
[Thu Aug 25 21:09:00 2005] : (1) DM: Your horseshoes are water walking too?
[Thu Aug 25 21:09:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc description says so... water or even lava can be crossed
[Thu Aug 25 21:10:06 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Every horse should have a set.
[Thu Aug 25 21:10:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc yup
[Thu Aug 25 21:10:18 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc /me adds them to the shopping list.
[Thu Aug 25 21:11:36 2005] : (1) DM: Everyone else crossing the river?
[Thu Aug 25 21:11:52 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Only if Ayhlanne is
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:02 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: I am crossing.
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne crosses the river
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:14 2005] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [62] = (62)
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:15 2005] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [38] = (38)
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:28 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna follows
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:32 2005] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [63] = (63)
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hold on"
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:43 2005] : (1) DM: You all make it safely across.
[Thu Aug 25 21:12:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Something wrong?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:13:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We could have used rope to be sure!"
[Thu Aug 25 21:13:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd hate to be all warm up here, and watch one of you get swept away"
[Thu Aug 25 21:14:00 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then let us be glad and ride on. Fortunately, the worst was not this day."
[Thu Aug 25 21:14:26 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "How would rope have helped with our mounts?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:15:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go on"
[Thu Aug 25 21:15:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Tie it to both pommels, and I cold have horsey back up if you were swept downstream"
[Thu Aug 25 21:15:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Anyway, let's be moving on"
[Thu Aug 25 21:15:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: "As Ayhlanne said"
[Thu Aug 25 21:15:58 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Yes, time is moving on ans so should we"
[Thu Aug 25 21:16:20 2005] : (1) DM: Dusk is about a hour away.
[Thu Aug 25 21:18:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Ayhlanne do you see a suitable place for camping?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:19:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Do I?
[Thu Aug 25 21:19:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks around
[Thu Aug 25 21:19:28 2005] : (1) DM: ooc there's a sheltered grove of trees near by.
[Thu Aug 25 21:19:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "This grove should do"
[Thu Aug 25 21:19:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne points
[Thu Aug 25 21:20:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes there and starts to prepare camp
[Thu Aug 25 21:21:28 2005] : (1) DM: Lightging a fire?
[Thu Aug 25 21:21:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Looks good to me, though I'd not have seen it's value"
[Thu Aug 25 21:21:34 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev brushes down his horse, and gets ready to stand watch
[Thu Aug 25 21:21:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney dismounts and feeds Horsey some feed
[Thu Aug 25 21:22:09 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna dismounts and looks for firewood
[Thu Aug 25 21:22:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What do you say about a right dinner this time?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:22:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A litle fire, and I'll try and hunt a few things"
[Thu Aug 25 21:22:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Sounds quite nice Ayhlanne"
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes around to look for game
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'll look for some wood too"
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [11,-2] = (9)
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Aug 25 21:23:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, wood, now where would I find that in a grove of trees?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:24:23 2005] : (1) DM: Some of what you find is too green or damp with rot.
[Thu Aug 25 21:24:24 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Is this a trick question?
[Thu Aug 25 21:24:56 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, you manage to bag some grouse.
[Thu Aug 25 21:25:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne comes back with the grouse
[Thu Aug 25 21:25:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That one was hard to get"
[Thu Aug 25 21:25:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I thought we were going to end up eating roots"
[Thu Aug 25 21:26:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Roots can be good, will this wood do?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:26:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney presents some soggy, rotten logs"
[Thu Aug 25 21:26:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney presents some soggy, rotten logs
[Thu Aug 25 21:26:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hmmm, that will give us some smoked grouse"
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or mouldy fgrouse"
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let me see what I can find"
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks for some more wood
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts a fire with Huerney's wood and hers
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:47 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc I never thought ab out rolling a check
[Thu Aug 25 21:27:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc how many days have we been away from town?
[Thu Aug 25 21:28:21 2005] : (1) DM: ooc 9-10 days I think.
[Thu Aug 25 21:29:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, most of my rations are gone"
[Thu Aug 25 21:29:23 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I tend to carry some emergency supplies, though I do not need them myself."
[Thu Aug 25 21:29:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Although..."
[Thu Aug 25 21:30:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Ah, Good old Holly, she has a good few days worth here"
[Thu Aug 25 21:30:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'll hunt some more in the morning to give us a little advance"
[Thu Aug 25 21:30:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And I am going to put snares up, hoping to catch something during the night"
[Thu Aug 25 21:30:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney 's eyes well up a bit
[Thu Aug 25 21:31:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "She was a good old sort, even if I didn't like her thieves guild friends"
[Thu Aug 25 21:31:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Aug 25 21:31:29 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "She was a thief?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:31:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to place a few snares
[Thu Aug 25 21:32:07 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, you set a number of snares at likely places.
[Thu Aug 25 21:32:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "There's enough rations here for 4 days for the four of us who need to eat"
[Thu Aug 25 21:32:43 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I've got some food left myself, for me and for Helios"
[Thu Aug 25 21:32:54 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna takes care of her pony
[Thu Aug 25 21:32:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney hands out the rations to Anna and Ayhlanne ands saves some for Belros
[Thu Aug 25 21:33:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you"
[Thu Aug 25 21:33:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Thankfully, there was plenty of grass around on the trip for horsey"
[Thu Aug 25 21:33:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But I have plenty of grain left for him"
[Thu Aug 25 21:33:50 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Thank you, Huerney"
[Thu Aug 25 21:35:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: "What watches shall we keep?"
[Thu Aug 25 21:35:57 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I will sleep either first or last, at your choice."
[Thu Aug 25 21:36:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I would prefer to sleep first and take the last watch"
[Thu Aug 25 21:36:59 2005] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Aug 25 21:37:07 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Then I shall watch and wake you later."
[Thu Aug 25 21:37:10 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "I don't mind terribly myself"
[Thu Aug 25 21:37:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would like to sleep now"
[Thu Aug 25 21:37:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: HUerney beds down for the night
[Thu Aug 25 21:37:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Take the last watch with Huerney"
[Thu Aug 25 21:38:05 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Fine, I'll watch with Shev then"
[Thu Aug 25 21:39:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sleeps and snores
[Thu Aug 25 21:39:55 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna walks around the camp, slowly and silently
[Thu Aug 25 21:40:05 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+26] -> [1,26] = (27)
[Thu Aug 25 21:40:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: Before we sleep... I can cast a few warding spells around the camp
[Thu Aug 25 21:40:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Alarm ( level 1, "Wards an area for 2 hours/level." )
[Thu Aug 25 21:40:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Alarm ( level 1, "Wards an area for 2 hours/level." )
[Thu Aug 25 21:41:30 2005] : (1) DM: paranoid
[Thu Aug 25 21:41:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc only one, 25foot radius, audible alarm
[Thu Aug 25 21:41:53 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc He knows the DM, I think :P
[Thu Aug 25 21:42:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, not paranoid, DM building up trust, we know what to expect :P
[Thu Aug 25 21:42:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "The password is Tally-Ho"
[Thu Aug 25 21:42:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Good night"
[Thu Aug 25 21:43:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney sleeps
[Thu Aug 25 21:43:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Night"
[Thu Aug 25 21:43:30 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc You expect the Spanish inquisition then?
[Thu Aug 25 21:43:36 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "Goodnight"
[Thu Aug 25 21:45:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: zzzzzzzzzzzz
[Thu Aug 25 21:45:47 2005] : (1) DM: Sometime during the night...
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:08 2005] : (1) DM: During the first watch.
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:09 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc the dors appear
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:13 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: dots
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:30 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, roll spot and listen checks.
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:37 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:38 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Aug 25 21:46:55 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc How about me?
[Thu Aug 25 21:47:53 2005] : (1) DM: If you're on the first watch also.
[Thu Aug 25 21:47:58 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: I am
[Thu Aug 25 21:47:59 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15)
[Thu Aug 25 21:48:01 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Thu Aug 25 21:48:14 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc 2 1s?
[Thu Aug 25 21:48:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: wow
[Thu Aug 25 21:49:19 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16)
[Thu Aug 25 21:49:46 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Aug 25 21:50:29 2005] : (1) DM: The alarm sounds and something large leaps out from the surrounding undergrowth.
[Thu Aug 25 21:50:42 2005] : (1) DM: Initiative.
[Thu Aug 25 21:50:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne leaps at the alarm sound
[Thu Aug 25 21:50:55 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Initiative [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
[Thu Aug 25 21:50:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Aug 25 21:51:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Thu Aug 25 21:51:07 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Aug 25 21:51:14 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Aug 25 21:51:22 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna spins around
[Thu Aug 25 21:52:21 2005] : (1) DM: The beast leaps at Tar and attacks.
[Thu Aug 25 21:52:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: AC=25 flat-footed.
[Thu Aug 25 21:53:37 2005] : (1) DM: It about 8 ft tall with large clawed paws and a mouth with oversized front gnawing teeth.
[Thu Aug 25 21:53:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc a giant beaver!
[Thu Aug 25 21:53:57 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17)
[Thu Aug 25 21:54:23 2005] : (1) DM: It's clawed paw whistles through the air as you dodge it.
[Thu Aug 25 21:54:31 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Aug 25 21:54:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney casts haste
[Thu Aug 25 21:55:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Haste ( level 3, "Extra partial action and +4 AC." )
[Thu Aug 25 21:55:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: Jump up, and run out of the tent and draw sword
[Thu Aug 25 21:55:37 2005] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Aug 25 21:55:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I guess that's me done
[Thu Aug 25 21:55:40 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Aug 25 21:56:20 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Hit it.
[Thu Aug 25 21:56:30 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (base): [1d20+17] -> [20,17] = (37) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [4,2,10,6] = (22)
[Thu Aug 25 21:56:30 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+17] -> [5,17] = (22) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] -> [4,1,4,4,20,6] = (39)
[Thu Aug 25 21:56:30 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (second): [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [4,4,10,4] = (22)
[Thu Aug 25 21:57:14 2005] : (1) DM: One well placed hit bits deep into it's flesh.
[Thu Aug 25 21:57:25 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Aug 25 21:57:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grabs her swords and jumps out of the tent
[Thu Aug 25 21:57:40 2005] : (1) DM: Anna?
[Thu Aug 25 21:57:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I guess that's me done too
[Thu Aug 25 21:58:03 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Shooting at it
[Thu Aug 25 21:58:15 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire), MW arrow, SA (base): [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+5d6] -> [2,1,4,1,6,6,5] = (25)
[Thu Aug 25 21:58:15 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire), MW arrow, SA (second): [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+5d6] -> [2,1,3,4,1,5,3] = (19)
[Thu Aug 25 21:58:43 2005] : (1) DM: Both miss.
[Thu Aug 25 21:59:13 2005] : (1) DM: The beast attacks Tar again
[Thu Aug 25 21:59:29 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+16] -> [5,16] = (21), [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22), [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
[Thu Aug 25 21:59:57 2005] : (1) DM: It's claws screech harmlessly across Tar's armour.
[Thu Aug 25 22:00:10 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney
[Thu Aug 25 22:00:20 2005] : (2) Huerney: Can I see it?
[Thu Aug 25 22:00:45 2005] : (1) DM: Yeah
[Thu Aug 25 22:00:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Slow ( level 3, "One subject/level takes only partial actions, -2 AC, -2 melee rolls." )
[Thu Aug 25 22:00:59 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc damn
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:11 2005] : (1) DM: It's unfazed by your spell.
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: Run to it and chop
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,4] = (12)
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+6+1d6] -> [5,6,6,4] = (21)
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [2,3,1] = (6)
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:43 2005] : (1) DM: A hit but you narrowly miss it's vitals.
[Thu Aug 25 22:01:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc donee
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:03 2005] : (1) DM: Tar?
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (base): [1d20+17] -> [18,17] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [5,4,10,3] = (22)
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+17] -> [18,17] = (35) ===> Damage: [4d6+20+1d6] -> [1,1,2,2,20,4] = (30)
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:14 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword (second): [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+10+1d6] -> [5,1,10,2] = (18)
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc great crit, but bum damage rolls!
[Thu Aug 25 22:02:55 2005] : (1) DM: Two hits
[Thu Aug 25 22:03:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc yeah, but hey
[Thu Aug 25 22:03:16 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Aug 25 22:03:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne jumps at the beast and tries to hack it to pieces
[Thu Aug 25 22:03:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Aug 25 22:03:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Glacier (longsword +2 / on hit slow 2rds fort DC=16) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Aug 25 22:04:05 2005] : (1) DM: A hit.
[Thu Aug 25 22:04:16 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27)
[Thu Aug 25 22:04:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc wait, I can't jump at it and do two weapon fighting right?
[Thu Aug 25 22:04:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc No. But you hit anyway so I wouldn't bother rerolling.
[Thu Aug 25 22:04:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc then you have to add 2 to each attack and damage
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc this takes into account the second one with +2
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc only one attack
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, I'll never understand how this stuff works *sigh*
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:33 2005] : (1) DM: ooc there isn't a damage penalty for two-weapon fighting.
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:42 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Neither will I
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc only multiples on a full round! Same as two-weapon fighting
[Thu Aug 25 22:05:58 2005] : (1) DM: ooc the off-hand gets 1/2 the str bonus is all.
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, never mind then :)
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:11 2005] : (1) DM: Anna?
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:18 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Distance?
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:45 2005] : (1) DM: probably 10-15 ft.
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:51 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire), PBS, MW arrow (base): [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [6,2,3] = (11)
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:51 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire), PBS, MW arrow (second): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] -> [2,2,5] = (9)
[Thu Aug 25 22:06:51 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [3d6+6+1d6] -> [4,6,6,6,3] = (25)
[Thu Aug 25 22:07:16 2005] : (1) DM: two hits, no crit.
[Thu Aug 25 22:07:29 2005] : (1) DM: Another fearsome attack.
[Thu Aug 25 22:07:34 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc That's what I thought
[Thu Aug 25 22:07:34 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+16] -> [5,16] = (21), [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23), [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:10 2005] : (1) DM: It roars in frustration, regretting not packing its tin opener.
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:15 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:18 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:28 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: cast slow again defensively
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Slow ( level 3, "One subject/level takes only partial actions, -2 AC, -2 melee rolls." )
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:58 2005] : (1) DM: concentration check.
[Thu Aug 25 22:08:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:11 2005] : (1) DM: The spell fizzles.
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: dc is 13
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: ah, no 18!
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: damn
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: full attack then
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [1,3,6] = (10)
[Thu Aug 25 22:09:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,6] = (14)
[Thu Aug 25 22:10:21 2005] : (1) DM: It screams and topples to the ground.
[Thu Aug 25 22:10:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney wiprs his brow
[Thu Aug 25 22:10:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "What the hell was that thing?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:01 2005] : (1) DM: ooc DM makes mental note: Don't attack the guy in the metal can.
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney gets a good look
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:32 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc it should be "roll higher than 7 at some point when attacking".
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:35 2005] : (1) DM: It's a forest slouth a fearsome predator of the deep forests.
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, help me here, I really don't get this stuff. I have this long sword,+2 what the f*** are the attack stats and damage stats for two weapon fighting?
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:49 2005] : (1) DM: sloth
[Thu Aug 25 22:11:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:01 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc A sloth as fearsome predator? I love this world :D
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:19 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:26 2005] : (1) DM: For a ranger with light armour it's -2 to attack bonus to main and off-hand. No damage penalty.
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:34 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "It looks furry"
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:46 2005] : (1) DM: It's furry.
[Thu Aug 25 22:12:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, that's what I thought :)
[Thu Aug 25 22:13:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, it looks lieka forest sloth"
[Thu Aug 25 22:13:50 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "So that is what they look like. Are they all this dangerous?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:13:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc but the damage bonus on the off hand is 1/2 of your strength bonus
[Thu Aug 25 22:14:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Aug 25 22:14:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Didn't seem too slothful! Is everyone OK?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:14:33 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney, 825 XP
[Thu Aug 25 22:14:48 2005] : (1) DM: 1125 for everyone else.
[Thu Aug 25 22:15:04 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "It never even came close to me, I'm happy to say"
[Thu Aug 25 22:16:37 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "My armour is well-forged. I am unharmed."
[Thu Aug 25 22:16:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc cheers DM
[Thu Aug 25 22:16:44 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Can we eat it?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:17:04 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Aug 25 22:17:06 2005] : (1) DM: I suppose. If you're feeling really hungry.
[Thu Aug 25 22:17:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "If it's a predator, I imagine it isn't particularly good eating."
[Thu Aug 25 22:17:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "What do you thinlk Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:20:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Not sure I would like to eat it"
[Thu Aug 25 22:20:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Again, this is hard meat"
[Thu Aug 25 22:20:59 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc hnarf hnarf
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And I will have a few rabbits by the morning, if this thing did not scare them away"
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "better stuff in my opinion"
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But in terrible need, I guess you would not get hurt by eating it"
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Surely if it did scare them, they'll have run right into your snares"
[Thu Aug 25 22:21:46 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "The idea of eating our attackers appeals to me, but this one doesn't look too tasty"
[Thu Aug 25 22:22:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "You prefer the witch Anna?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:03 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "She might actually taste a lot nicer"
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Anyway, I must try to rest again"
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney retreats back to his tent
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at Anna funnily
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Eating our attackers? Appeals to you?"
[Thu Aug 25 22:23:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Rest sounds good, yes"
[Thu Aug 25 22:24:04 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "The idea, poetice justice and the like. Not that I have ever done it"
[Thu Aug 25 22:24:38 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: "But if we'd been attacked by rabbits ..."
[Thu Aug 25 22:25:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "that would, indeed, be another story"
[Thu Aug 25 22:25:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes back to sleep
[Thu Aug 25 22:25:49 2005] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna continues her watch, a bit peeved she was surprised by the beast
[Thu Aug 25 22:25:56 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END