Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 07 July 2005

[Thu Jul 7 19:41:12 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jul 7 19:41:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Ready.
[Thu Jul 7 19:41:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc ready
[Thu Jul 7 19:41:57 2005] : (1) DM: You're standing on the edge of a ravine. The bridge having collapsed and fallen into the river below.
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, I'm glad that we finally made it over that!"
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev looks down into the ravine
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "My sword!"
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Not meaning to cause a fuss, friends, but I'm much less effective without it."
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc how deep is the ravine?
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I'm sorry for the loss of your sword, but better it than you" Hollyella smiles as Tar Shevran
[Thu Jul 7 19:42:59 2005] : (1) DM: 200 ft deep
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney looks down the ravine to see if the sword has stuck into the bank
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:23 2005] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [11] = (11)
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Better it than me, indeed!"
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Huerney: could we send your rope after it?"
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:34 2005] : (1) DM: Spot check Huerney.
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [11,-2] = (9)
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a look as well
[Thu Jul 7 19:43:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev peers over
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I must have REALLY wanted to find it :-)
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I wonder why ;)
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:31 2005] : (1) DM: None of you can see anything other than parts of the bridge, rocks and water.
[Thu Jul 7 19:44:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I fear that the ravine is too deep to get the sword, even if I could find its location"
[Thu Jul 7 19:45:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: "With the rope of climbing that is"
[Thu Jul 7 19:45:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I thought we still had enough rope, didn't we?"
[Thu Jul 7 19:45:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Hollyella, if I could request a great favour - might we lower you into the ravine on a rope, and then you have a brief look for it? I think the two of us are heavy enough and strong enough to hold you."
[Thu Jul 7 19:45:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc does it look like we could lower someone down to the banks safely?
[Thu Jul 7 19:45:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc we've got standard rope, but the Rope of Climbing is of a finite length.
[Thu Jul 7 19:46:11 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc do an abseil type thing
[Thu Jul 7 19:46:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "No problem, I know you won't let me drop: you want your sword back" Hollyella grins
[Thu Jul 7 19:46:30 2005] : (1) DM: There's space on either bank. The river itself it's that wide. The rocks look wet and slippery from the spray of the rapids though.
[Thu Jul 7 19:46:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It makes more sense for me to hold the rope than for you to do so!"
[Thu Jul 7 19:46:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That's true enough, I sure couldn't hold you"
[Thu Jul 7 19:47:12 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Will you be able to find it if you are down there? If not, there is little point in our trying."
[Thu Jul 7 19:47:19 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc Detect Magic would work :-)
[Thu Jul 7 19:48:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Isn't your sword magical? If it is, I should find it once I'm near enough"
[Thu Jul 7 19:48:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It is magical indeed."
[Thu Jul 7 19:49:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "But I might need your rope of climbing, Huerney, there's no guarantee I can easily reach it once I'm down there"
[Thu Jul 7 19:49:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Perhaps we should lower you part way, and then you can point the rope of climbing to wherever you find the sword"
[Thu Jul 7 19:49:39 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "That sounds very wise."
[Thu Jul 7 19:49:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: "That way we keep you well above the dangerous rapids"
[Thu Jul 7 19:49:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That's what I meant, especially if I tie the other end to me"
[Thu Jul 7 19:50:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I wouldn't want to lose your rope"
[Thu Jul 7 19:50:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yes, good idea, so if it's stuck we pull it out with our combined strength"
[Thu Jul 7 19:50:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I have 100ft of rope here."
[Thu Jul 7 19:50:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We will need 150 feet"
[Thu Jul 7 19:51:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I have another 50"
[Thu Jul 7 19:51:16 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Then we are ready for the attempt, I think."
[Thu Jul 7 19:51:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "great, let's tie them together"
[Thu Jul 7 19:51:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We should test all the knots as well as we can before Holly steps over the edge."
[Thu Jul 7 19:51:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And make a good job of it, it's my life on the line after all"
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney ties the ropes together to make a long rope
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc we need Ahylanne's flying wings...
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella assists Huerney
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Take 10
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu Jul 7 19:52:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Ouch
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Taking 10 :)
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:19 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev assists too, unless that counts as "getting in the way"
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: +2 bonus for silk rope =16
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Silk rope gets a bonus?
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc or 18 for Holly
[Thu Jul 7 19:53:57 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I will tie this end around myself."
[Thu Jul 7 19:54:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc yes, it does :-)
[Thu Jul 7 19:54:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: So 18 for me, +2 synergy bonus for Huerney
[Thu Jul 7 19:54:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Shev, wrap one loop around the pillar, it will make it less likely for the rope to slip"
[Thu Jul 7 19:54:45 2005] : (1) DM: You splice the two ropes together. It seems secure enough.
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:09 2005] : (1) DM: ooc splicing is stronger than knot, btw.
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella ties the rope of climbing around her waist and holds the loops in her hand
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev makes a couple of passes around the pillar, then ties the end off.
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:32 2005] : (1) DM: Use rope checks for the people tying knots.
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Just one loop, stand behind that and use it to lower the rope gently
[Thu Jul 7 19:55:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc can we not ake 10?
[Thu Jul 7 19:56:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc yeah
[Thu Jul 7 19:56:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: Holly gets 20 with assistance, I can sing to help her if you like...
[Thu Jul 7 19:56:56 2005] : ** (2) Huerney begins his bard song... Inspire Competence (+2 to skill roll, lasts for 2 minutes (take 20)) **
[Thu Jul 7 19:57:38 2005] : (1) DM: ooc tying a knot is DC 10. you can dispense with the singing.
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:09 2005] : (1) DM: Holly, are you climbing down or being lowered?
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm ready." Shev anchors himself as securely as possible, and prepares to belay
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Getting lowered seems wisest to me
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Minimises the potential fall damage.
[Thu Jul 7 19:58:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We'll lower you down gradually. The loop on the rock should help to even out the descent"
[Thu Jul 7 19:59:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just listen out to any yelling from me"
[Thu Jul 7 19:59:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney helps Shev with the lowering
[Thu Jul 7 19:59:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I hope shev's got good ears, you know what mine are like!"
[Thu Jul 7 19:59:51 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I can but try."
[Thu Jul 7 19:59:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And take it very easy, I'll need time to evade the rock face"
[Thu Jul 7 20:00:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We can go as slowly as you wish."
[Thu Jul 7 20:00:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: OK
[Thu Jul 7 20:00:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Right, let's get on with it"
[Thu Jul 7 20:00:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Why don't you shout out 'LOWER' as long as you want us to do so?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And 'STOP' if that's what you want"
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella steps off into the air
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, let's go"
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Will do. Lower"
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney helps Shev with the rope
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev pays out the rope a little at a time
[Thu Jul 7 20:01:50 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, make a strength check.
[Thu Jul 7 20:02:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Str check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu Jul 7 20:02:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Lower"
[Thu Jul 7 20:02:35 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella decends lower and lower into the ravine.
[Thu Jul 7 20:02:41 2005] : (1) DM: How far down are you going?
[Thu Jul 7 20:03:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Either to the end of the rope or until 2-3 feet above the water
[Thu Jul 7 20:03:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc 150 feet is the length of the rope, so no further than that
[Thu Jul 7 20:03:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Whichever comes first
[Thu Jul 7 20:03:49 2005] : (1) DM: You'll need about 10 ft to hold onto.
[Thu Jul 7 20:04:11 2005] : (1) DM: You reach the end of the rope. Holly, you're about 60 ft above the bottom of the ravine.
[Thu Jul 7 20:04:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc luckily the rope of climbing is 60 feet long
[Thu Jul 7 20:04:29 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc of course :-)
[Thu Jul 7 20:04:33 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Casting detect magic
[Thu Jul 7 20:05:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I thought it was 100 ft?
[Thu Jul 7 20:05:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc 60 I think
[Thu Jul 7 20:07:23 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella extends her arm and points the rope of climbing towards the cliff face
[Thu Jul 7 20:08:24 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev sits patiently
[Thu Jul 7 20:08:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Damn!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:09:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I wonder what's the matter"
[Thu Jul 7 20:10:51 2005] : (1) DM: Does the diagram help? Each square is 10 ft.
[Thu Jul 7 20:11:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc ah, a trigonometry problem!
[Thu Jul 7 20:11:48 2005] : (1) DM: pythagoras says you need 63 ft of rope.
[Thu Jul 7 20:12:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Get me up, we need to try something else"
[Thu Jul 7 20:12:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney helps haul holly back up
[Thu Jul 7 20:14:00 2005] : (1) DM: Holly reaches the top safely.
[Thu Jul 7 20:14:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Was there a problem?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:14:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Right, tie the rope around my legs, lower me upside down, I need just another couple of feet"
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella ties the rope of climbing around her wrist
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Very well."
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:23 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "This should give me the lenght I need"
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev does as directed
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Umm, if you're sure!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:15:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It looks dangerous Holly"
[Thu Jul 7 20:16:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ""
[Thu Jul 7 20:16:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What's life without danger?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:16:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney laughs nervously
[Thu Jul 7 20:16:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, lets get you down"
[Thu Jul 7 20:17:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Ready when you are"
[Thu Jul 7 20:17:34 2005] : (1) DM: You lower her down again.
[Thu Jul 7 20:18:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: At the end of the rope Hollyella extends her arm again and points the rope of climbing at the sword
[Thu Jul 7 20:18:52 2005] : (1) DM: The rope ties itself around the part of the sword that's visible under the wreckage of the bridge.
[Thu Jul 7 20:19:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Bert shoul be with us by about 9
[Thu Jul 7 20:19:23 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Great :D
[Thu Jul 7 20:19:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev sits and waits, unable to do anything else productive
[Thu Jul 7 20:19:50 2005] : (1) DM: As Tar lets go of the rope...
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tries to pull the sword out from under the rubble
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:16 2005] : (1) DM: ooc only kidding. Tar, try to remember what you're doing.
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:25 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc he has it around his waist
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:25 2005] : (1) DM: Make a strength check Holly
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Str check: [1d20+0] -> [14,0] = (14)
[Thu Jul 7 20:20:38 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I meant sitting sand waiting while holding it around my waist
[Thu Jul 7 20:21:17 2005] : (1) DM: You give it a sharp tug but it doesn't budge. It's pinned down by the bridge wreckage.
[Thu Jul 7 20:21:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Doesn't sound too safe to me, sitting down while you're trying to keep someone from falling
[Thu Jul 7 20:21:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc bracing feet
[Thu Jul 7 20:22:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gives it another pull
[Thu Jul 7 20:22:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "How's it going?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:22:11 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Str check: [1d20+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jul 7 20:22:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I can't get it loose!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:22:36 2005] : (1) DM: Even worse. You don't think you're strong enough to pull it free.
[Thu Jul 7 20:23:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Can you tie the rope fast around your body and we'll try to pull you and it. Or do you think it might hurt you to do that?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:24:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I can try, but I don't know if the rope's long enoug for that. Let me try something else first"
[Thu Jul 7 20:25:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella directs the rope to untie the sword and tie around some of the rubble on top of it
[Thu Jul 7 20:25:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc smart thinking!
[Thu Jul 7 20:25:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc ty :)
[Thu Jul 7 20:25:48 2005] : (1) DM: The rope ties on.
[Thu Jul 7 20:26:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella pulls the rope to shift the rubble
[Thu Jul 7 20:26:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Rinse and repeat
[Thu Jul 7 20:26:35 2005] : (1) DM: Unfortunatly, it's even harder than pulling on the sword. most of the bridge is still ties together.
[Thu Jul 7 20:26:54 2005] : (3) Hollyella: You're mean!
[Thu Jul 7 20:27:44 2005] : (1) DM: ooc that's what the M in DM stands for.
[Thu Jul 7 20:27:52 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jul 7 20:27:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc "Devilishly Mean"?
[Thu Jul 7 20:28:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc that makes you sound like Terry Thomas or Leslie Phillips!
[Thu Jul 7 20:30:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I think that there's nothing for it, someone stronger will have to go down and pull it out by hand"
[Thu Jul 7 20:31:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney grabs a rope off Belros or Ayhlanne who are standing idly by ;)
[Thu Jul 7 20:31:48 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "How good is the cliff face? If there are decent handholds, I could go down using the Rope of Climbing.
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:07 2005] : (1) DM: The cliff face is rough with plenty of hand holds and the like.
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't know, lets get Holly up again and ask her"
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella is thinking: with the rope tied around my wrist, they'll pull my arm out of my socket, tied around my waist it won't reach. I can't shift the rubble by myself
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We'll pull you back up holly"
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I think you'd better"
[Thu Jul 7 20:32:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev starts raising Holly
[Thu Jul 7 20:33:02 2005] : (1) DM: Holly is hauled back up to the surface again.
[Thu Jul 7 20:33:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I lack the strength to get the sword out"
[Thu Jul 7 20:33:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella unties the rope and rubs her ankles
[Thu Jul 7 20:33:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm willing to try climbing down; I can use the rope as a safety measure. Thank you for trying, though!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:34:04 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I thinking of an obvious solution. I wonder being unable to see what's what means you can't think of it.
[Thu Jul 7 20:34:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Are you sure?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:34:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Did that injur you at all Holly?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:34:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Nah, I'm fine"
[Thu Jul 7 20:34:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc set the rubble on fire?
[Thu Jul 7 20:35:09 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I'm not telling :P
[Thu Jul 7 20:35:25 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do you want us to lower you down Shev?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:35:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm better off climbing. With this rope, I will have a safety device at all times."
[Thu Jul 7 20:36:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Maybe you should tie the rope around your waist as a safely precaution. We'll let it out as you go"
[Thu Jul 7 20:36:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tellst Shev exactly where the sword is
[Thu Jul 7 20:36:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm sure Ayhlanne and Belros on the end with me and Holly should be enough of a counterweigt if you fell"
[Thu Jul 7 20:37:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc rember that climb has an armour check penalty.
[Thu Jul 7 20:37:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "That is probably true. Shall we try it, then? I can stand on the riverbank and pull the rubble aside."
[Thu Jul 7 20:37:33 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I'll be stripping off first.
[Thu Jul 7 20:37:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Better take your armour off before you get down"
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Aye, that would be best. It's heavy stuff!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hold still, this may help a little"
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella assists Shev, grinning all the time
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc err
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:39 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm just taking a dagger with me.
[Thu Jul 7 20:38:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc thought I had cat's grace, but it's on my armour!
[Thu Jul 7 20:39:25 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Climb is strength.
[Thu Jul 7 20:39:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, nope, I can't do that"
[Thu Jul 7 20:39:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm ready to go, then."
[Thu Jul 7 20:39:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc it may have helped though, for a emergency reflex save etc.
[Thu Jul 7 20:40:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, we'll take the slack as you go down"
[Thu Jul 7 20:40:23 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I've got the rope, which will help.
[Thu Jul 7 20:40:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Like before Shev crossed the bridge ;)
[Thu Jul 7 20:40:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climbing down.
[Thu Jul 7 20:40:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Lowering you donw
[Thu Jul 7 20:41:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: When I get to the bottom...
[Thu Jul 7 20:41:39 2005] : (1) DM: Climb checks.
[Thu Jul 7 20:41:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Jul 7 20:41:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: how many?
[Thu Jul 7 20:41:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jul 7 20:42:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Holly, maybe you should look over and let us know if he slips"
[Thu Jul 7 20:42:35 2005] : (1) DM: 12.
[Thu Jul 7 20:42:52 2005] : (1) DM: one per 15 ft which is half your speed.
[Thu Jul 7 20:42:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: "That way we can take the strain in time"
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:02 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:03 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:03 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:04 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:05 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:16 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc not liking those 9's
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella walks over to the edge and looks down, calling Shev's progress to the others
[Thu Jul 7 20:43:45 2005] : (1) DM: 75 ft down your foot slips and you loose your grip...
[Thu Jul 7 20:44:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Hold on, he's slippiing"
[Thu Jul 7 20:44:26 2005] : (1) DM: Tar starts falling, the rope tenses.
[Thu Jul 7 20:44:33 2005] : (1) DM: Str check for those top side.
[Thu Jul 7 20:44:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Jul 7 20:44:46 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev tries to grab onto the wall again
[Thu Jul 7 20:45:05 2005] : (1) DM: Dex check, Tar.
[Thu Jul 7 20:45:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I'm assuming that Ayhlanne and Belros wouldn't have cleared off and would help
[Thu Jul 7 20:45:22 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Dex check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Jul 7 20:46:01 2005] : (1) DM: ooc okay. 4 four top side enough to stop you falling all the way down.
[Thu Jul 7 20:46:29 2005] : (1) DM: As you fall you bash and scrape your way down 10 ft of cliff. Take [1d6] -> [3] = (3) damage.
[Thu Jul 7 20:46:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I'm not holding him up, I'm looking down :P
[Thu Jul 7 20:46:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc ssh!
[Thu Jul 7 20:47:34 2005] : (1) DM: Once you've stopped falling you can easily grab hold of the cliff and start your decent again.
[Thu Jul 7 20:47:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Hermand suggests we stop this and just call lost-and-found
[Thu Jul 7 20:47:42 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lol :-)
[Thu Jul 7 20:48:04 2005] : (1) DM: Until you're 30 ft from the ground. You slip again. Take another [1d6] -> [4] = (4) damage.
[Thu Jul 7 20:48:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: (quietly) "Whew, made it!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:49:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm going to use the Rope of Climbing to grab the sword and give it a pull
[Thu Jul 7 20:49:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Str check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Jul 7 20:49:25 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lousy dice :-)
[Thu Jul 7 20:49:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 20:49:52 2005] : (1) DM: You can make it to the sword itself. No need to use the rope.
[Thu Jul 7 20:50:29 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: OK, I'm lifting things off the top, carefully, one at a time
[Thu Jul 7 20:50:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I've still got the rope to anchor me
[Thu Jul 7 20:50:51 2005] : (1) DM: No problem. You retrieve the sword.
[Thu Jul 7 20:51:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev waves the sword over his head
[Thu Jul 7 20:51:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Right, now to climb up again!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:51:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "He's got it!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:51:53 2005] : (1) DM: Another 12 climb checks.
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:05 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:09 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:11 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:12 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:20 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc woo!
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Phew! Excellent"
[Thu Jul 7 20:52:54 2005] : (1) DM: You make it and part form pausing occasionally to search for hand and foot holds you have no trouble.
[Thu Jul 7 20:53:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I'm glad you're back and mostly in one piece"
[Thu Jul 7 20:53:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Thank you for your help, friends!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:53:18 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Ah, these are just minor scrapes. I've had worse."
[Thu Jul 7 20:54:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Scrapes like that would hurt me"
[Thu Jul 7 20:54:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "You've not been in as many fights as me. They sting a little, but I'll live."
[Thu Jul 7 20:54:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, it may have taken us a wile, but we got there eventually!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:54:42 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "So, shall we move on?"
[Thu Jul 7 20:54:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev gets some help to put his armour back on.
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:11 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I have seen plenty of fights, but I try not to get hurt" Hollyella smiles
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney helps Shev
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "A scratch to you is a wound to me"
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella helps as well
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:44 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Aye, but I'm bigger."
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: a few rounds later...
[Thu Jul 7 20:55:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, I think it's high time we got back on the road."
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:02 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Right, I'm set. Thank you both!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: I can't believe how long this bloody ravine has taken us!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:32 2005] : (1) DM: Proceeding along the trail?
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:33 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We've only got to cross it once more. At most."
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: DM: what are the options?
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: While puttin on the armour, huerney inspects the wounds
[Thu Jul 7 20:56:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "hold still Shev"
[Thu Jul 7 20:57:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [7,5] = (12)." )
[Thu Jul 7 20:57:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Fantastic, thank you!"
[Thu Jul 7 20:58:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: "no problem. Now we should all be at full strength"
[Thu Jul 7 20:58:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney mounts up and is ready to go
[Thu Jul 7 20:58:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm assuming there's the trail and some really rather rough terrain around. In that case, the trail sounds best.
[Thu Jul 7 20:59:13 2005] : (1) DM: The area is all rough and steep.
[Thu Jul 7 20:59:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Then the trail, I think.
[Thu Jul 7 20:59:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc is the trail treacherous?
[Thu Jul 7 21:00:24 2005] : (1) DM: The trail is poorly maintained but fine for riding along.
[Thu Jul 7 21:00:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'll take point.
[Thu Jul 7 21:00:53 2005] : (1) DM: A cart or similar would probably loose a wheel or break an axle.
[Thu Jul 7 21:01:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella rides at the center of the group
[Thu Jul 7 21:01:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney moves Horsey on, but is ready to dismount and lead him if it becomes a difficult ride.
[Thu Jul 7 21:02:18 2005] : (1) DM: You ride on for the rest of the day.
[Thu Jul 7 21:02:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)" )
[Thu Jul 7 21:03:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Did any of you realise a bag of holding can hold carts?
[Thu Jul 7 21:03:16 2005] : (1) DM: Towards the end of the day you reach the top of the slope and look down into the Tathal valley.
[Thu Jul 7 21:03:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "There is a pleasant sight!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:03:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc not me.
[Thu Jul 7 21:03:45 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I don't think they can in real D&D.
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL - I liked that though
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Awww. So only in OotS then
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc OotS?
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:33 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Order of the Stick.
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:37 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc OK.
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Riding down into the valley?
[Thu Jul 7 21:04:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript
[Thu Jul 7 21:05:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu Jul 7 21:05:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: After a good look
[Thu Jul 7 21:05:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jul 7 21:05:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Or a not so good look
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:02 2005] : (1) DM: The trail turns and decends for a bit before joining the river and following the river bank.
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:18 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc are we going upriver or downriver?
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:29 2005] : (1) DM: You see the river, trees and various birds etc.
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:39 2005] : (1) DM: The trail heads upstream and north.
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: OK
[Thu Jul 7 21:06:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Carrying on riding, until nightfall.
[Thu Jul 7 21:07:12 2005] : (1) DM: Map
[Thu Jul 7 21:07:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc testing
[Thu Jul 7 21:07:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: Initiative Huerney: [Bad dice format] - [1d20+D+4]
[Thu Jul 7 21:07:49 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc what sort of file is that?
[Thu Jul 7 21:07:55 2005] : (1) DM: Another hour and you're near the river and dusk is approaching.
[Thu Jul 7 21:08:26 2005] : (1) DM: It's SVG, sorry. PNG version.
[Thu Jul 7 21:08:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, perhaps we better think about setting up camp"
[Thu Jul 7 21:09:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Much better :)
[Thu Jul 7 21:09:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc the SVG version won't open in anything on my PC. not supported in the main Firefox branch and Adobe reader doesn't like it
[Thu Jul 7 21:09:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Camp would be wise."
[Thu Jul 7 21:09:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Which watch do you want? I can take most of the night."
[Thu Jul 7 21:09:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, we could all do with a rest"
[Thu Jul 7 21:10:08 2005] : (1) DM: ooc It shows up here in Firefox. I'm not sure why.
[Thu Jul 7 21:10:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Has anyone taken a look at the stuff from that assassin yet?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:10:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc It doesn't open for me either in Firefox
[Thu Jul 7 21:10:54 2005] : (5) Belros (enter): 21:10
[Thu Jul 7 21:10:59 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc elo
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:02 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Not I. Just a rapier as I recall."
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:04 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc hiya
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Hi, Bert. Welcome :)
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:13 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Hi, Bert.
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Hi twinnie
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc we've fetched my sword up from the ravine, then ridden on for a bit.
[Thu Jul 7 21:11:50 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc nice. I'll catch you up then
[Thu Jul 7 21:12:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I think you stayed with us
[Thu Jul 7 21:12:15 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc oh, ok
[Thu Jul 7 21:12:20 2005] : (5) Belros: clippity clop
[Thu Jul 7 21:12:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Now we're setting up camp...
[Thu Jul 7 21:12:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella casts detect magic on the cloak, armour and rapier
[Thu Jul 7 21:13:07 2005] : (1) DM: They're magic. But I forget what they are... One moment.
[Thu Jul 7 21:13:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, I'm not keen on trail rations, but I'm too tired from the ride to try to get any fresh food"
[Thu Jul 7 21:13:13 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc hp for next level...
[Thu Jul 7 21:13:16 2005] : (5) Belros: [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Jul 7 21:13:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc boo!
[Thu Jul 7 21:14:51 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Trail rations will still sustain life, and that is what we need."
[Thu Jul 7 21:15:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Aye, they sustain, but I can't help but think of juicy pork crackling and roast potatoes with tick gravy!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:15:50 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'll take the first watches
[Thu Jul 7 21:15:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc thick!!
[Thu Jul 7 21:15:59 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc tick gravy? :-P
[Thu Jul 7 21:16:00 2005] : (5) Belros: "Stop, stop, You're being cruel!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:16:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "They'll sustain us but they don't taste like food"
[Thu Jul 7 21:16:14 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc ists his accent
[Thu Jul 7 21:16:16 2005] : (1) DM: ooc The rapier is a plain +1, the armour is leather +1, the cloak is a cloak of resistance +2.
[Thu Jul 7 21:16:23 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc and I've a listhp
[Thu Jul 7 21:17:02 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I could use that armour, if no-one else wants it - I can sleep in it, and be better able to fight, should we be attacked at night."
[Thu Jul 7 21:17:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "That's fine by me, although we generally sell surplus goods"
[Thu Jul 7 21:17:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Be my guest"
[Thu Jul 7 21:17:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'll use it until we return to civilisation, at any rate."
[Thu Jul 7 21:17:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "If he can really use it, it's not surplus"
[Thu Jul 7 21:18:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But I guess it's not surplus if it's your nightshirt"
[Thu Jul 7 21:18:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Not many places to sell around here"
[Thu Jul 7 21:18:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We can decide later."
[Thu Jul 7 21:19:45 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev sits down to wait through the night.
[Thu Jul 7 21:20:01 2005] : (1) DM: The night passes uneventfully.
[Thu Jul 7 21:20:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I already have a cloak of resistance, and besides, i think that my taking Marnak's quite powerful rapier means I should allow others to take more items than myself for a while"
[Thu Jul 7 21:20:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: huerney gets some shuteye
[Thu Jul 7 21:21:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev wakes up and gets ready for another day's travel
[Thu Jul 7 21:21:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney does his usual singing stuff in the morning, and changes his clothes to the new winter gear in the morning
[Thu Jul 7 21:21:36 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros takes a watch at some point
[Thu Jul 7 21:21:45 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros takes a watch at some point
[Thu Jul 7 21:22:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I think it may be wise to put some of our cold weather gear on at least"
[Thu Jul 7 21:22:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella takes out her book to read for a while
[Thu Jul 7 21:22:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'll hold off on the heavy coat for now though"
[Thu Jul 7 21:22:38 2005] : (5) Belros: "Yes, it is beginning to get colder"
[Thu Jul 7 21:22:59 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm ready to ride. I have warm smallclothes."
[Thu Jul 7 21:23:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, shall we head off when Holly is ready"
[Thu Jul 7 21:23:44 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Indeed."
[Thu Jul 7 21:23:46 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros studies his book and finds he is able to memorise some extra spells today
[Thu Jul 7 21:24:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney packs up his gear and puts it in the saddlebags
[Thu Jul 7 21:24:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gets up and disappears behing some bushes to change into her cold weather outfit
[Thu Jul 7 21:25:04 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev is ready, having saddled his horse.
[Thu Jul 7 21:25:05 2005] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Jul 7 21:27:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I wanna kill something!
[Thu Jul 7 21:27:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella saddels up and mounts her pony
[Thu Jul 7 21:27:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: saddles
[Thu Jul 7 21:28:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney sings a tale of cold mountain valleys and ice giants to pass the time
[Thu Jul 7 21:29:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella shivers
[Thu Jul 7 21:29:55 2005] : (1) DM: As you ride on, the trail climbs gradually following the river.
[Thu Jul 7 21:31:19 2005] : (1) DM: After several hours of traveling you see the dirty white tongue of the Tathal glacier. The Tathal river forming from it's melt waters.
[Thu Jul 7 21:32:05 2005] : (1) DM: The trail veers to the right and climbs up the side of the valley before levelling off and ending at the edge of the glacier.
[Thu Jul 7 21:32:39 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Well, we appear to be approaching the witch's domain."
[Thu Jul 7 21:33:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Still riding. Still alert, or trying to be.
[Thu Jul 7 21:33:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't know. Glaciers are common in the mountains"
[Thu Jul 7 21:34:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Aye, but how many do we know of in this range, on this trail?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:34:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "But it does look like a place she might call home"
[Thu Jul 7 21:35:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't know of any other glaciers at all, but the tales tell of them in the mountains"
[Thu Jul 7 21:35:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It does Holly"
[Thu Jul 7 21:36:14 2005] : (1) DM: The surface of the glacier is rough and ridged.
[Thu Jul 7 21:36:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We're not going to take the horses over this, are we?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:36:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: Horsey walks on unhindered by any mere surface anomaly
[Thu Jul 7 21:36:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It won't be easy to do so."
[Thu Jul 7 21:37:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We can't even tell what's under that snow"
[Thu Jul 7 21:37:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Oh, I wasn't having any troubles, and never thought of the rest of you"
[Thu Jul 7 21:38:03 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "So, do we leave the horses here? They may not survive either way."
[Thu Jul 7 21:39:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I don't know what to do. Huerney: what do the tales say of these glaciers?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:39:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I would rather ride - I am better in combat on horseback."
[Thu Jul 7 21:39:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Jul 7 21:40:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks with disgust at the snow and ice
[Thu Jul 7 21:40:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 7 21:40:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28)
[Thu Jul 7 21:40:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc not a lot of scientific knowledge of them, but what do the tales say??
[Thu Jul 7 21:41:07 2005] : (1) DM: Bardic tales tend to not cover the practicalities of adventuring.
[Thu Jul 7 21:41:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 21:41:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Thu Jul 7 21:41:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I can't really say very much unfortunately"
[Thu Jul 7 21:41:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I know of glaciers, but the tales don't go into much details"
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:01 2005] : (1) DM: A number of tales of beasts fought bravely on the ice. Ice bears, winter wolves and the like.
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc "And verily, they rode for many a league, and it was hot and they did sweat heavily until their armour chafed most grievously."
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:22 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc eewww
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:42 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I would rather ride. I will do so as far as I can."
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We can expect to find maybe, ice bears, winter wolves, perhaps frost giants if we're unlucky"
[Thu Jul 7 21:42:56 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jul 7 21:43:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Frost Giants? I dont like the sound of that"
[Thu Jul 7 21:43:07 2005] : (1) DM: The horses will ride on the ice but only slowly.
[Thu Jul 7 21:43:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And nor should you Belros!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:44:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc My knowledge check had no result?
[Thu Jul 7 21:44:46 2005] : (1) DM: ooc sorry didn't see that.
[Thu Jul 7 21:44:47 2005] : (5) Belros: "We may as well try and ride on the ice"
[Thu Jul 7 21:45:22 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It will be no slower than walking."
[Thu Jul 7 21:45:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Riding presents me with no difficulties, these horseshoes mean that we don't touch the ground"
[Thu Jul 7 21:46:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And what if a hole appears beneath the surface?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:46:20 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)" )
[Thu Jul 7 21:46:32 2005] : (5) Belros: "Then it would likely have appeared if we were on foot"
[Thu Jul 7 21:46:37 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Then we will likely fall."
[Thu Jul 7 21:46:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It is not something we can predict; we must just take the risk."
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc huerney casts mending on the glacier ;)
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:24 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I think it's Wilderness Lore to know about the dangers of travelling on glaciers.
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [1,-2] = (-1)
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: -1? What the heck
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Jul 7 21:47:51 2005] : (5) Belros: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [18,1] = (19)
[Thu Jul 7 21:48:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc Huerney knows they're cold.
[Thu Jul 7 21:48:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc huerney thinks they're on fire
[Thu Jul 7 21:48:45 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Only the one who's leading should make the roll.
[Thu Jul 7 21:49:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Why? Since we're all discussing the dangers
[Thu Jul 7 21:49:31 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I didn't think we were riding yet.
[Thu Jul 7 21:49:32 2005] : (1) DM: ooc It's to see if they lead you around hazards instead of into them. Hazards including, but not limited to, hidden cravasses.
[Thu Jul 7 21:49:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc OK.
[Thu Jul 7 21:49:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc ic
[Thu Jul 7 21:50:12 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I have no knowledge of this terrain. It would be better for someone else to lead."
[Thu Jul 7 21:50:20 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc where's the ranger when you need her?!
[Thu Jul 7 21:50:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc hmm, and our ranger was only saying last week how she felt like a ranger for the first time!!
[Thu Jul 7 21:50:32 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 7 21:50:39 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc where is she, btw?
[Thu Jul 7 21:51:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Hollyella, would you like to lead?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:51:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc She said last week she probably wouldn't be able to make it tonight
[Thu Jul 7 21:51:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Sure, as long as you look out for frost giants"
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella leads her pony on the glacier before mounting
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd do it, but we all know how observant I am..."
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:24 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'll be ready."
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd probably lead us straight down a crevasse!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Everytime I write glacier I want to spell it gletscher
[Thu Jul 7 21:52:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev has his sword ready.
[Thu Jul 7 21:53:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 7 21:53:07 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella leads you northwards (I assume) for 2 hours or so.
[Thu Jul 7 21:53:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: "She, you take my horse if you wish to stay mounted"
[Thu Jul 7 21:53:30 2005] : (1) DM: Holly, are you riding your horse?
[Thu Jul 7 21:53:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'll lead yours with the others"
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yes, I am
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I,m not much use in the saddle"
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:18 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "That would be excellent, thank you."
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc she = Shev BTW
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I guessed :-)
[Thu Jul 7 21:54:34 2005] : (5) Belros: "Perhaps I should aso dismount"
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I think so Belros, we are less likely to penetrate any weak ice"
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:06 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros dismounts
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:22 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella is riding in the lead, Tar is on a floating horse and the rest are leading their horses?
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:28 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc yup
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella dismounts as well
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Shev should be OK on my horse, he puts no pressure on the surfaces he's above"
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "If you're all walking, so will I"
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I think that's best Holly"
[Thu Jul 7 21:55:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm going to ride.
[Thu Jul 7 21:56:07 2005] : (5) Belros: "I thought you might like to look down at us for a while"
[Thu Jul 7 21:56:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs
[Thu Jul 7 21:56:25 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I'm tall enough to have a fair try at that by myself!"
[Thu Jul 7 21:56:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev grins
[Thu Jul 7 21:57:30 2005] : (1) DM: Right, holly is leading her horse as are the others except Tar who's riding.
[Thu Jul 7 21:57:32 2005] : (1) DM: ?
[Thu Jul 7 21:57:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu Jul 7 21:57:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Shev will you hang back somewhat? That way if we fall, you shouldn't go down with us"
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And if anything happens in front of only you, you can jump over"
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:11 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Yes, I will do. I have rope in my saddlebags, which should help."
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, I believe we should spread out a bit, and perhaps tie ropes between us?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Here take my rope of climbing too"
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:33 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "That would seem sensible." (to Hollyella)
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Or maybe I should hang onto it?"
[Thu Jul 7 21:58:54 2005] : (5) Belros: "Yet again I curse myself for not replacing my rope"
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "No, you at the top would probably be best"
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "You take it; I can lower a rope partway if need be."
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I think you should hang onto it until we really need it"
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: OK
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK"
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:27 2005] : ** (2) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Jul 7 21:59:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Let us move on then"
[Thu Jul 7 22:00:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I am ready."
[Thu Jul 7 22:00:57 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc huerney, is cats grace not 1hr/level?
[Thu Jul 7 22:00:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: So we're all tied together, mountaineering style?
[Thu Jul 7 22:01:18 2005] : (1) DM: Holly leads you onwards and northwards.
[Thu Jul 7 22:01:47 2005] : (1) DM: After a few hours of careful walking...
[Thu Jul 7 22:02:00 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros also casts cats grace when huerney did so
[Thu Jul 7 22:02:07 2005] : (5) Belros: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jul 7 22:02:11 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Very careful ;)
[Thu Jul 7 22:02:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc yes, but it's at level 3 as it's on armour
[Thu Jul 7 22:02:57 2005] : (5) Belros: oco ahh, k thought you were casting it yourself
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:03 2005] : (1) DM: *crack*! Holly's horse disappears into the ground and there's an unpleasant thud and snap.
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:35 2005] : (5) Belros: "Look out!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:37 2005] : (1) DM: A large hole has opened up, just behind Holly.
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Holly, are you ok?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "No!!!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:03:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I am, but my poor pony isn't"
[Thu Jul 7 22:04:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella walks carefully back, looking into the hole
[Thu Jul 7 22:04:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Shev can you get closer to have a look?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:04:46 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I can try."
[Thu Jul 7 22:04:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev rides up to the hole
[Thu Jul 7 22:05:23 2005] : (1) DM: It's a large cravass. You can see your horse are the bottom it's limbs and heck bent at impossible angles. The horse is dead.
[Thu Jul 7 22:05:57 2005] : (5) Belros: "I suppose we're lucky it wasn't one of us"
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "At least it didn't suffer, the poor animal"
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:09 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Aye."
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc how wide is it?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:38 2005] : (1) DM: It's about 10 ft across.
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "How on earth did traders bring goods this way?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:06:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "With difficulty?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:07:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Unless the glacier really is a feature added by our friend"
[Thu Jul 7 22:07:26 2005] : (5) Belros: "Perhaps it wasn't quite so dangerous before"
[Thu Jul 7 22:07:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We will have to cross this, or get Hollyella back to this side."
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:09 2005] : (1) DM: You can go around. It's not that long.
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I can get over, using the rope"
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: "The second option is easy enough with the rope"
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:22 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Or, of course, we could go around."
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Or go around it ;)
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:30 2005] : (1) DM: It's about 60 ft long.
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev rides around the end.
[Thu Jul 7 22:08:50 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I keep forgetting the italics :0/
[Thu Jul 7 22:09:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Is there anything you need on your horse Holly?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:09:18 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros follows, carefully
[Thu Jul 7 22:09:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I presume that your sleeping gear and maybe food is down there"
[Thu Jul 7 22:09:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney follws Belros carefully"
[Thu Jul 7 22:10:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "My bedroll would be nice and perhaps my tent and food. Most of the other stuff I have here" Hollyella points to her bag of holding
[Thu Jul 7 22:10:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Do we want to risk it?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:10:50 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We can use the rope to retrieve them, perhaps."
[Thu Jul 7 22:10:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc how deep is the pit?
[Thu Jul 7 22:10:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Let me get down and retrieve what I need"
[Thu Jul 7 22:11:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: ""I'd imagine that they are secured"
[Thu Jul 7 22:11:18 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc would a Celestial eagle be smart enough to brign the stuff up?
[Thu Jul 7 22:11:39 2005] : (1) DM: It wouldn't be wrong enough I don't think.
[Thu Jul 7 22:11:48 2005] : (1) DM: plus it would be all tied on.
[Thu Jul 7 22:11:55 2005] : (1) DM: strong not wrong.
[Thu Jul 7 22:12:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Jul 7 22:12:00 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc ok
[Thu Jul 7 22:12:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev gets ready to act as an anchor
[Thu Jul 7 22:12:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Let's just lower Holly again"
[Thu Jul 7 22:12:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: "You are starting to look like a yo-yo Holly"
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:00 2005] : (5) Belros: "Thats what you get for being so small"
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney tries to make the situation a bit more bearable
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL And how would Huerney know what a yo-yo is?
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc bardic knowledge??
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc :P
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles, but a bit wanly
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gets down
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc "And yea, the smote the enemy mightily with their yo-yos, and peace returned to the land."
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:54 2005] : (1) DM: It's easy enought to lower someone down etc.
[Thu Jul 7 22:13:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc and boogies?
[Thu Jul 7 22:14:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Keep the rope taut, just in case this bottom will collaps as well"
[Thu Jul 7 22:14:16 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I've got you."
[Thu Jul 7 22:14:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella retrieves her gear
[Thu Jul 7 22:14:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Ready when you are"
[Thu Jul 7 22:15:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Then we shall continue.
[Thu Jul 7 22:15:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "How about you still lead holly, but we tie a rope around you?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:15:49 2005] : (1) DM: Proceeding as before?
[Thu Jul 7 22:15:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd hate to see that happen to you too!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:15:54 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I thought we'd already tied ropes around each other.
[Thu Jul 7 22:16:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc So did I
[Thu Jul 7 22:16:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc did we?... OK
[Thu Jul 7 22:16:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Hours ago! :P
[Thu Jul 7 22:16:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Can I first load my gear on your horse, Huerney?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:16:58 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc I thought we decided not too
[Thu Jul 7 22:17:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Sure"
[Thu Jul 7 22:17:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc all I talked about was lending my rope to Shev
[Thu Jul 7 22:17:49 2005] : (1) DM: As you're standing around You spot a group of people approaching. There are 6 of them dressed heavily in furs and most of them carrying large axes.
[Thu Jul 7 22:17:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc When I suggested we tie all of us together
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney makes sure that the ropes are connecting the three of them
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her bow ready
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Greetings."
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:40 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros unties himself at the sight of the approaching people
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:51 2005] : (1) Tribesman: "Ho there. Who ventures into the domain of the Wolf?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:18:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev checks his shield.
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Greetings, friends"
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Travellers, meaning no harm."
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:13 2005] : (1) Tribesman: They don't appear to be agressive.
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I am Tar Shevran, former Captain of Flameguard."
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Who lives in the castle at the head of this valley?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:19:57 2005] : (5) Belros: "Greetings"
[Thu Jul 7 22:20:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Greetings, I am Huerney of the White-eye"
[Thu Jul 7 22:21:15 2005] : (1) Tribesman: "Greetings, travellers. I'm an Kartak. And we are of the Clan of the Wolf."
[Thu Jul 7 22:21:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I'm called the Lady"
[Thu Jul 7 22:21:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Tell me Kartak, who lives in the castle at the head of this valley?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:21:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That sounds like a mighty clan of fearless people"
[Thu Jul 7 22:21:57 2005] : (5) Belros: "It amazes me that anyone can live in these conditions"
[Thu Jul 7 22:22:19 2005] : (1) Kartak: "You travel to the castle? The lair of the bears?" He sneers when he mentions the bears.
[Thu Jul 7 22:22:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "You are not friendly with the occupants?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:23:07 2005] : (1) Kartak: "The Bear Clan have no honour and consort with witches."
[Thu Jul 7 22:23:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Then I have good news, we are of an accord"
[Thu Jul 7 22:23:26 2005] : (5) Belros: "Witches? interesting"
[Thu Jul 7 22:23:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "we seek the witch to put an end to her mischief"
[Thu Jul 7 22:23:46 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We are hunters, of a kind. We hunt one particular witch."
[Thu Jul 7 22:24:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: "If you will give me a second, I can offer you a gift that you may find valuable"
[Thu Jul 7 22:24:54 2005] : (1) Kartak: "If you seek the witch then perhaps we can aid. I see that you have fallen foul of one of the hazards of this ice."
[Thu Jul 7 22:24:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney turns to Holly and whispers "Do you mind if I make your horse a gift of fresh meat, i understand if you don't wish it"
[Thu Jul 7 22:25:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "If it will serve a purpose, it'd be an honour"
[Thu Jul 7 22:25:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We have lost one of our horses to the crevasse behind us within the last hour"
[Thu Jul 7 22:26:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Better it was eaten than rotting away"
[Thu Jul 7 22:26:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Would you wish it for fresh and hearty meat?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:26:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We are unable to remove it, so you are welcome to it"
[Thu Jul 7 22:27:28 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Meat is welcome here in the mountains. Would you join us in a feast?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:27:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: "That would be most welcome"
[Thu Jul 7 22:27:54 2005] : (1) Kartak: (he directs some of the other people to retrieve portions of the horses.)
[Thu Jul 7 22:27:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at Huerney and nods
[Thu Jul 7 22:28:05 2005] : (1) Kartak: (The work switly and effeciently.
[Thu Jul 7 22:28:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: "new friends are always a joy to meet, and feasting is something that we bards do exceptionally well!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:28:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "If you can use any of the leather still on it, you can take that as well"
[Thu Jul 7 22:28:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Indeed all of us would be honoured"
[Thu Jul 7 22:28:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Very much so"
[Thu Jul 7 22:29:01 2005] : (1) Kartak: It takes about 30 mins of the horse to be butchered and skinned.
[Thu Jul 7 22:29:11 2005] : (5) Belros: "Fresh meat will be a welcome change from trail rations"
[Thu Jul 7 22:29:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Rangers, the lot of them ;)
[Thu Jul 7 22:29:40 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc whats a Ranger? ;)
[Thu Jul 7 22:30:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And I shall perform some of the epics for you and yours"
[Thu Jul 7 22:30:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Something we ain't
[Thu Jul 7 22:31:03 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Songs and feasting. They are what makes life living, yes?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:31:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Ah, and ale... You missed out ale!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:31:25 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Songs, feasting and love, aye."
[Thu Jul 7 22:31:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, songs, feasting and the company of friends"
[Thu Jul 7 22:31:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL, 3 different answers!
[Thu Jul 7 22:32:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc our 3 main weapons are...
[Thu Jul 7 22:32:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs
[Thu Jul 7 22:32:17 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc was thinking that too
[Thu Jul 7 22:32:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Me as well
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:20 2005] : (1) Kartak: Kartax leads you westwards and upwards to a sheltered hollow. Where a fire is swiftly lit.
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Monty Python has a lot to answer for ;)
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But first, we need to get off this glacier, something which we have failed rather spectacularly at so far!"
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: A fire? With what?
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:44 2005] : (1) Kartak: Soon the horse meat is roasting over the fire.
[Thu Jul 7 22:33:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc magic?
[Thu Jul 7 22:34:03 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc they ARE rangers!
[Thu Jul 7 22:34:16 2005] : (1) Kartak: There's a supply of firewood, neatly bundled up and covered with a sturdy piece of oiled cloth.
[Thu Jul 7 22:34:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jul 7 22:34:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc or maybe he has one of those little gaz stoves?
[Thu Jul 7 22:34:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Of course!
[Thu Jul 7 22:36:15 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Why do you seek the witch of the tower?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:36:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I have no ale, but I have half-water, half-wine to share, if any would like some. It's not as hearty as ale, but serves the purpose of loosening the tongue and stretching the lungs in this thin air"
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "She has sought to destroy us. We do not take kindly to that. Also, she has threatened the existence of friends of ours."
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "As I mentioned below, we seek to end her mischief"
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a close look at the cooking, always prepared to learn something new
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:15 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc she started it :P
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 22:37:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney proferrs his winesh=kin to Kartak
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:04 2005] : (1) Kartak: "A cause with much honour. We will aid as we can. You wish to know of the Bears?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc hmm, missed delete there then!
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:16 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc Wineshkin? how much have you had?
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:29 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Anything you can tell us would be good."
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Every knowledge you could share with us would be most welcome"
[Thu Jul 7 22:38:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Indeed any infor mation that you can give will be to our advantage"
[Thu Jul 7 22:39:19 2005] : (5) Belros: "We would also appreciate any advice for crossing this land of yours"
[Thu Jul 7 22:40:00 2005] : (1) Kartak: "The Bear Clan may have no honour but you need not fear them. The are craven and hide in their tower of stone."
[Thu Jul 7 22:41:22 2005] : (5) Belros: "But what of the witch? She seems to be more formidable"
[Thu Jul 7 22:41:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "They're not as strong as the clan of the Wolf?"
[Thu Jul 7 22:42:53 2005] : (1) Kartak: "The Bears we could defeat in honourable war but the magic of the witch is against us."
[Thu Jul 7 22:43:20 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We will do what we can to end that threat."
[Thu Jul 7 22:43:26 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Blizzards, fogs and deadly ice storms would decend on our lands."
[Thu Jul 7 22:44:39 2005] : (1) Kartak: He removes an amulet from around his neck and hands it to Tar.
[Thu Jul 7 22:44:44 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "If we can fight the witch, you will be free of that danger."
[Thu Jul 7 22:44:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella sits down and listens closely
[Thu Jul 7 22:44:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Then perhaps it is fated that we come at this time karnak"
[Thu Jul 7 22:45:28 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Take this and wear it. Our shamans have enchanted it. It will conceal you from the far-seeing eyes of the witch."
[Thu Jul 7 22:45:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "This is an honour. I thank you. My blade is yours to call."
[Thu Jul 7 22:45:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: "For we come to deal with the witch, and while we do this, you and your clan can take on the bear clan without fear of magical reprisal"
[Thu Jul 7 22:45:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc non-detection, I take it?
[Thu Jul 7 22:46:23 2005] : (1) Kartak: ooc protection from scrying.
[Thu Jul 7 22:47:48 2005] : (1) Kartak: "Now enough of talk. Let us feast and sing."
[Thu Jul 7 22:48:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Indeed."
[Thu Jul 7 22:48:43 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END