Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 30 June 2005

[Thu Jun 30 19:31:14 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 30 19:31:32 2005] : (1) DM: The rest of the night passes uneventfully. It is now dawn.
[Thu Jun 30 19:32:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella wakes up and starts reaqding her spellbook
[Thu Jun 30 19:32:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne trots along on the road
[Thu Jun 30 19:32:48 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros joins Hollyella
[Thu Jun 30 19:33:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Good morning"
[Thu Jun 30 19:33:59 2005] : (1) DM: According to the map you're near the north eastern corner of Lindean Forest.
[Thu Jun 30 19:35:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney sings for a while once everyone else is awake
[Thu Jun 30 19:35:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne spots her companions
[Thu Jun 30 19:36:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hi there"
[Thu Jun 30 19:37:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Morning! Good to see you, Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 30 19:37:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: "la la la, fol de rol da hey"
[Thu Jun 30 19:38:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed"
[Thu Jun 30 19:38:21 2005] : (6) Belros: "Good Morning"
[Thu Jun 30 19:38:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "How are you all?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:39:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Did I miss anything?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:39:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We met some friendly trees yesterday"
[Thu Jun 30 19:39:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "FTreeants?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:39:42 2005] : (6) Belros: "Yes, and the locals seem very nice"
[Thu Jun 30 19:39:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: -F
[Thu Jun 30 19:40:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks to see if you're joking or being serious
[Thu Jun 30 19:40:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu Jun 30 19:40:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella grins
[Thu Jun 30 19:40:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney finishes singing
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see, nice indeed"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hi Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Are you hurt?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And a lady paid us a visit during the night, she had to run though, so we killed her"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I like the turn of phrase"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "She had to run, so we killed her"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:56 2005] : (6) Belros: "Well, she started it"
[Thu Jun 30 19:41:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That bad?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:42:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "She tried to kill us in our sleep. I call that bad"
[Thu Jun 30 19:42:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "After that we were shot at, a lot"
[Thu Jun 30 19:43:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Interesting. Any idea where that all came from?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:43:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or should I guess the frost lady?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:43:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "No cold at all, so we think atherwise"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Strange"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:39 2005] : (6) Belros: "I think the cold is related to her magic, and there was little sign of it"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Other people would be against us?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I don;t think we won any favours from the elf queen woman"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: "But who knows!"
[Thu Jun 30 19:44:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Nor did we see any cold-related monsters"
[Thu Jun 30 19:45:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see, we might have burnt those bridges, yes"
[Thu Jun 30 19:45:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "The nice lady that tried to kill us told us: Next time she can do her own dirty work"
[Thu Jun 30 19:45:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Let's just head on and forget about it"
[Thu Jun 30 19:45:54 2005] : (6) Belros: "Good idea"
[Thu Jun 30 19:46:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And she spoke Elvish. Does that sound like the icewitch to you?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:47:01 2005] : (6) Belros: "It sounded like her native language. We shouldn't jump to conclusions"
[Thu Jun 30 19:47:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, it does actually"
[Thu Jun 30 19:48:08 2005] : (6) Belros: "No point in wasting time discussing it. We should leave"
[Thu Jun 30 19:48:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Not jumping, just speculating. I agree we should always be able to chenge our minds and conclusions"
[Thu Jun 30 19:48:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: yes, let us go
[Thu Jun 30 19:48:32 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros mounts up and is ready to go
[Thu Jun 30 19:49:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney struggles to get aboard Hoersy II
[Thu Jun 30 19:49:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Right, are we ready?"
[Thu Jun 30 19:50:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am"
[Thu Jun 30 19:50:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Sure, let's go"
[Thu Jun 30 19:50:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc grumble grumble, my appartment is not so big, I should find this DMG
[Thu Jun 30 19:51:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to trot
[Thu Jun 30 19:51:54 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc It's not the size of your appartment, it's the amount of clutter :P
[Thu Jun 30 19:52:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 30 19:52:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney gees up Horsey II
[Thu Jun 30 19:52:16 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros follows
[Thu Jun 30 19:53:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella mounts and rides out
[Thu Jun 30 19:54:06 2005] : (1) DM: You ride onwards for about 4 hours until you reach the river.
[Thu Jun 30 19:54:52 2005] : (1) DM: The river runs fast at the bottom of a steep sided, rocky ravine.
[Thu Jun 30 19:55:34 2005] : (1) DM: The road crosses the ravine by means of a rope and plank bridge. The bridge is looking a bit worse for wear.
[Thu Jun 30 19:55:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc how wide is the ravine?
[Thu Jun 30 19:57:28 2005] : (1) DM: The ravine is about 100 ft wide and about 200 ft deep at the mid point.
[Thu Jun 30 19:58:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That bridge looks a bit rundown"
[Thu Jun 30 19:58:40 2005] : (1) DM: The rope are frayed and worn and some of the planks are missings and others look half rotten.
[Thu Jun 30 19:58:46 2005] : (6) Belros: "I'm not sure it would take the weight of one of us, never mind a horse"
[Thu Jun 30 19:58:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hmm, finally something where my rope might come in handy, and it's too wide!"
[Thu Jun 30 19:58:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hmmmm"
[Thu Jun 30 19:59:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I wouldn't risk my horse on it, that's for sure"
[Thu Jun 30 19:59:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc the bridge on the map?
[Thu Jun 30 19:59:48 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc how many ropes?
[Thu Jun 30 19:59:56 2005] : (1) DM: The ropes are anchored to 4 stout pillers (two at each end). Grotesque statues of some stot of winged beast sit atop each piller.
[Thu Jun 30 20:00:07 2005] : (1) DM: ooc It's the bridge on the map.
[Thu Jun 30 20:00:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Let me take a look first, I'm the lightest"
[Thu Jun 30 20:00:52 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tiest two ropes together and put one around her middle
[Thu Jun 30 20:00:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc how many ropes?
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I'll leave my stuff her for the moment"
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc 2
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:11 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc no, on the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Sorry LOL
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney walks up top a support rope
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:37 2005] : (1) DM: The bridge is help up by 2 main ropes and a futher 2 rops holding the planks in place.
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 20:01:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: Then another
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Anyone else able to cast mending?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Sorry, no"
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But I can use a rop"
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:29 2005] : (6) Belros: "I could if I'd known it was needed"
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, I've done 3 of them
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:43 2005] : (1) DM: ooc The bridge is too big to mend with that spell.
[Thu Jun 30 20:02:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: "
[Thu Jun 30 20:03:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc ah, I try once then, and give up on the idea
[Thu Jun 30 20:03:48 2005] : (1) DM: Your spells don't seem to have had a visible effect on the state of the bridge.
[Thu Jun 30 20:04:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Hold the end of the rope and don't let me fall to my death please"
[Thu Jun 30 20:04:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney gees his essentially weightless horse across the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 20:05:13 2005] : (1) DM: There's a gap in the middle of about 6 ft.
[Thu Jun 30 20:05:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: once at the gap he decides to back up
[Thu Jun 30 20:05:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella steps onto the bridge carefully, looking for the strongest pieces of plank
[Thu Jun 30 20:05:56 2005] : (6) Belros: "We dont seem to have many options here"
[Thu Jun 30 20:06:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "the problem is the horses really"
[Thu Jun 30 20:06:19 2005] : (1) DM: Horsey steps awkwardly backwards. There not being enough room to turn around.
[Thu Jun 30 20:06:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "so if we want to take them with us, we either need to find another place to cross the river, or leave them here"
[Thu Jun 30 20:06:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [15,0] = (15)
[Thu Jun 30 20:06:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:00 2005] : (1) DM: You reckon the bridge isn't very valuable.
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:02 2005] : (6) Belros: "Perhaps if we head up the mountains, the river will be narrow enough to cross without a bridge"
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol, I meant to appraise its resistance :P
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what other skill :(
[Thu Jun 30 20:07:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jun 30 20:08:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm good at ropes, remember the snares, I could probably tell how much weight the ropes and planks would hold
[Thu Jun 30 20:08:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Wilderness lore?
[Thu Jun 30 20:08:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm trying, lol
[Thu Jun 30 20:09:37 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I think you'd need an appropriate Craft skill.
[Thu Jun 30 20:09:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc How is the bridge holding up under my weight?
[Thu Jun 30 20:10:06 2005] : (1) DM: How heavy are you?
[Thu Jun 30 20:10:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Perhaps I should just have hosey jump the gap. having said that it's bloody scary, and I doubt he'd do it... probably end up throwing me!"
[Thu Jun 30 20:10:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: 50 lbs
[Thu Jun 30 20:10:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, ok, my only craft is bowmaking
[Thu Jun 30 20:11:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how much is a 100 ft anyway?
[Thu Jun 30 20:11:21 2005] : (1) DM: about 30 m.
[Thu Jun 30 20:11:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Holly, come back here a minute... I have an idea"
[Thu Jun 30 20:11:48 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella, the bridge creaks alarmingly in places but you make it across to the centre gap.
[Thu Jun 30 20:12:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: "No stay there in fact"
[Thu Jun 30 20:12:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney holds out his rope of climbing and poins it at Holly
[Thu Jun 30 20:12:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Make up your mind please, I don't particularly like it here"
[Thu Jun 30 20:12:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Grab the end as it comes to you"
[Thu Jun 30 20:12:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella stands ready
[Thu Jun 30 20:13:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Then take it all to you, and do what i just did, but pint it at one of the far pillars, so that it ties itself to it"
[Thu Jun 30 20:13:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Then tie the end in your hand also around your waist."
[Thu Jun 30 20:14:11 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Will do!"
[Thu Jun 30 20:14:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "That way if you fall, you'll be able to pull yourself to the other side"
[Thu Jun 30 20:15:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And we have a rope across as well" Hollyella grins
[Thu Jun 30 20:15:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And with the rope around your waist, you'll have pulled another rope all the way across"
[Thu Jun 30 20:15:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney holds on to Holly's original rope
[Thu Jun 30 20:16:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Do we have extra rope I can tie when I'm at the other side? Two lengts should make it easier to cross for the rest of you"
[Thu Jun 30 20:16:40 2005] : (6) Belros: "I'm not sure how this is going to help"
[Thu Jun 30 20:17:22 2005] : (6) Belros: "This seems like a capable horse, but I doubt its up to tightrope walking"
[Thu Jun 30 20:17:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "It won't help with the horse, but we will have passed the classical dilemma of how to cross a gorge with a broken bridge"
[Thu Jun 30 20:17:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just giving some extra stability, and if we tie one at the top and another at the bottom of the pillar, you can more or less walk across"
[Thu Jun 30 20:17:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney smiles, then looks glum
[Thu Jun 30 20:18:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Just when I thought we were doing something clever"
[Thu Jun 30 20:18:04 2005] : (6) Belros: "Yes, and I'm sure you'll get full marks"
[Thu Jun 30 20:18:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne observes the scene
[Thu Jun 30 20:18:58 2005] : (6) Belros: "Sorry Huerney, it just seems that there is no way to cross at this point"
[Thu Jun 30 20:18:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc is Ananeil smart enough to understand : find ford?
[Thu Jun 30 20:19:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Sorry Holly, I lost my other ropes to the remorhaz"
[Thu Jun 30 20:19:18 2005] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Jun 30 20:19:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tries to catch the rope of climbing
[Thu Jun 30 20:19:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, sad
[Thu Jun 30 20:19:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc it is headed straight at you
[Thu Jun 30 20:20:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am going to go and see if there's a ford somewhere"
[Thu Jun 30 20:20:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at the map
[Thu Jun 30 20:20:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Where it enters the forest maybe?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:20:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "A ford? Do you think anyone would risk crossing this if there were an easier way across within reasonable reach?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella ties the rope around her waist and orders the other end to tie itself around the pillar
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:04 2005] : (1) DM: The map gives no indication of any other river crossing. Though it is a rather vague map.
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well, what do you suggest? We can't cross with the horses"
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But maybe we don't need them?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:41 2005] : (6) Belros: "Its state of disrepair could indicate that no-one uses it because there IS an easier way"
[Thu Jun 30 20:21:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Which may mean that we have to leave them"
[Thu Jun 30 20:22:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Belros is right"
[Thu Jun 30 20:22:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "But it also could mean that what's to the north isn't worth the risk at this juncture in time"
[Thu Jun 30 20:22:35 2005] : (6) Belros: "Surely leaving them would be almost certain death for them in this area
[Thu Jun 30 20:22:35 2005] : (1) DM: The entire trail so far has been in a state of disrepair and disuse. If you remember from Plandon, the merchant who said everyone goes via the pass to Westlin nowadays.
[Thu Jun 30 20:23:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc the pass to Westlin?
[Thu Jun 30 20:23:52 2005] : (1) DM: ooc North of Lukern.
[Thu Jun 30 20:23:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc the one about 50 miles to the East
[Thu Jun 30 20:23:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella carefully uses the side ropes to cross the gap
[Thu Jun 30 20:24:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc if not more
[Thu Jun 30 20:24:09 2005] : (1) DM: Climb check, Hollyella.
[Thu Jun 30 20:24:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Thu Jun 30 20:25:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney puts a rolling hitch around one of the pillars and allows Holly free rope - for now
[Thu Jun 30 20:25:08 2005] : (1) DM: You make it across the gap.
[Thu Jun 30 20:25:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella continues across the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 20:26:22 2005] : (1) DM: You reach the otherside safely.
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella unties the rope of climbing and ties her own rope around the pillar
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney cheers
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:10 2005] : (1) DM: This side is same, with two pillers supporting the ropes.
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yay"
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Don't forget to bring my stuff along!"
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:29 2005] : (6) Belros: "Nice work, but now what?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: Anyone good at knots?
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Anyone good at knots?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:27:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Thu Jun 30 20:28:17 2005] : (6) Belros: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Jun 30 20:28:28 2005] : (6) Belros: "I've nevre really tried, but how hard can it be?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:28:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: "What was it Indyana j'ohnes said Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:28:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "We walk from here?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:29:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I guess we see that the horses are ok for a night or two and continue on foot"
[Thu Jun 30 20:29:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I agree"
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "With the ropes we should be able to get stuff and ourselves across"
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: How much rope do we have?
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:25 2005] : (1) DM: What are people doing with the use rope skill everywhere?
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I was tying a knot
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:54 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc rope tricks?
[Thu Jun 30 20:30:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Around the pillar
[Thu Jun 30 20:31:34 2005] : (1) DM: ooc btw, if no one has Profession (engineer) skills then it's an Int check if you want to try and repair the bridge.
[Thu Jun 30 20:31:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Int check: [1d20+0] -> [12,0] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 20:31:57 2005] : (6) Belros: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 20:32:07 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 30 20:32:10 2005] : (1) DM: ooc You're going to have to tell me what repairs you're attempting.
[Thu Jun 30 20:32:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 20:32:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc just assessing
[Thu Jun 30 20:33:27 2005] : (1) DM: Assessing what?
[Thu Jun 30 20:34:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney removes horsey's livery and hobbles him so that he can only walk
[Thu Jun 30 20:34:39 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc The wood
[Thu Jun 30 20:34:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Ok, here's how I see it"
[Thu Jun 30 20:34:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Where to get the planks for the repair ;)
[Thu Jun 30 20:35:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc our ropes are not long enough to go across the bridge anyway, right?
[Thu Jun 30 20:35:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I only have 2 50ft silk ropes
[Thu Jun 30 20:35:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: "If we have another 200 feet of rope, we could all remove our gear and pull it across bit by bit"
[Thu Jun 30 20:35:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I had 100 ft, the width of the ravine
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK this is ridiculous"
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:05 2005] : (1) DM: The missing planks need replacing and some other the others look a bit dodgy. You estimate about 20 planks in total need replacing.
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I say we either go upstream and wait till we can cross"
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or downstream and do the same"
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: All we do is make a loop in the middle that is big enough to get over the central knot of our rope, then tie the gear to the loop"
[Thu Jun 30 20:36:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne searches the area for anything that could help
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc You're going to have to specify what you think might help.
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:16 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc wb
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc wooden bits that look like planks, or vouls be used as such, lianes (?) etc.
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella sits down and waits for the others to decide what they're going to day
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "then someone on this end can pull the rope back here and attach the next lot of gear"
[Thu Jun 30 20:37:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: *could not vouls
[Thu Jun 30 20:38:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'll go over with the rope, if we have enough"
[Thu Jun 30 20:38:24 2005] : (1) DM: There's a small stand of conifers that you could fell and split into planks.
[Thu Jun 30 20:38:39 2005] : (1) DM: Nothing rope like.
[Thu Jun 30 20:39:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, it is going to take us as long to try and repair this bridge as to go and look for another way"
[Thu Jun 30 20:39:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne mounts
[Thu Jun 30 20:39:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Another option is to lash rope across the missing section and lay something solid over it. But getting something for that could take ages"
[Thu Jun 30 20:39:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I"I'm off, going downstream to the forest edge"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Good luck"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Anyone coming?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:28 2005] : (1) DM: It's wilderness so you'll be moving at reduces speed. Unless you have a funky ranger skill that helps.
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I honestly think that this bridge is here because it's the only way across other than flying or teleportation"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what's a funky ranger skill that helps? lol
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:48 2005] : (6) Belros: "It doesn't look much like a way across to me"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What's the holdip?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:40:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: there's no funky ranger skill
[Thu Jun 30 20:41:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "That's because people would rather travel gods know how many miles around to the Westlin pass to go North of here"
[Thu Jun 30 20:41:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: "that suggests to me that this is IT"
[Thu Jun 30 20:42:08 2005] : (6) Belros: "Fair point"
[Thu Jun 30 20:42:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, then, we establish camp, spend three days consolidating this bridge, and go across"
[Thu Jun 30 20:42:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So how much rope do we have?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:42:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella can't understand what's going on, she can't hear a word that's being said and she's getting very impatient
[Thu Jun 30 20:42:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I have twice 50 ft
[Thu Jun 30 20:43:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I need 200 feet, if we proceed without horses"
[Thu Jun 30 20:43:20 2005] : (6) Belros: "I unfortunately have none"
[Thu Jun 30 20:43:45 2005] : (6) Belros: "I lost mine some weeks ago and did not replace it"
[Thu Jun 30 20:43:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc remember that this used to be a merchant route and therefore the bridge used to beable to support horses.
[Thu Jun 30 20:44:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "With the beasts that the ice queen can conjure Ayhlanne, I Don't want to end up fighting here for the next 3 nights, on a precipice"
[Thu Jun 30 20:44:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Huerney did you also check out the state of the ropes?
[Thu Jun 30 20:44:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella stands up and walks away from the bridge, exploring the road ahead
[Thu Jun 30 20:44:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, tie the end of the 100 feet of rope around me"
[Thu Jun 30 20:44:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc no
[Thu Jun 30 20:45:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I was busy thinking of other things"
[Thu Jun 30 20:45:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney ties the rope to himself and makes sure that the other end is in Ayhlannes hands"
[Thu Jun 30 20:45:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney ties the rope to himself and makes sure that the other end is in Ayhlannes hands
[Thu Jun 30 20:46:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK I'm off across"
[Thu Jun 30 20:46:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney first removes all armour and gear
[Thu Jun 30 20:46:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Thu Jun 30 20:46:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney tightrope walks across
[Thu Jun 30 20:47:28 2005] : (1) DM: okay
[Thu Jun 30 20:47:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Why take the other rope? There already is one all the way across
[Thu Jun 30 20:47:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: once across...
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Holly we need to untie this rope now and get them to pull it to them"
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:14 2005] : (6) Belros: "Ahhh, you are going to use the other rope to transfer our equipment?"
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne holds
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: I'm not here!!!!!
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:39 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney ties the ropes into a 200 foot rope
[Thu Jun 30 20:48:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yes you are, I'm with you
[Thu Jun 30 20:49:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: No, I went away.Am I fucking invisible here?
[Thu Jun 30 20:49:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: shouting "OK, pull it to you now!"
[Thu Jun 30 20:49:41 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros helps pull the rope
[Thu Jun 30 20:50:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc ah I see, i was busy when you typed that, typing my comment
[Thu Jun 30 20:51:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne pulls
[Thu Jun 30 20:51:01 2005] : (1) DM: What exactly are you trying to do?
[Thu Jun 30 20:51:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc That seems to happen a lot, sometimes I really feel I'm invisible
[Thu Jun 30 20:51:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yeah, it happens to all of us using ORPG
[Thu Jun 30 20:51:47 2005] : (1) DM: ooc there's a general assumption that the party sticks together.
[Thu Jun 30 20:52:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Which is why I said I left the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 20:52:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc transfer stuff across DM
[Thu Jun 30 20:52:47 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc tie stuff to the tied up rope and use the other rope to pull it across?
[Thu Jun 30 20:53:36 2005] : (1) DM: Okay, you start hauling people's stuff across. Who's gear are you starting with?
[Thu Jun 30 20:54:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc up to belros
[Thu Jun 30 20:54:25 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros picks up Heurneys gear since its all nicely piled up already
[Thu Jun 30 20:54:43 2005] : (1) DM: Is that all his gear? Including armour and weapons?
[Thu Jun 30 20:54:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Not all at once"
[Thu Jun 30 20:54:58 2005] : (6) Belros: armour first
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Just say, pack first"
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:15 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yeah, that'll do"
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:50 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros ties it up in some way and gives a wave
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney gets ready to pull the gear across on Belros's nod
[Thu Jun 30 20:55:58 2005] : (1) DM: Okay, you haul Huerney's armour across. What next?
[Thu Jun 30 20:56:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney pulls it across
[Thu Jun 30 20:56:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc The rest of my gear
[Thu Jun 30 20:56:33 2005] : (6) Belros: repeat with everything til its all over
[Thu Jun 30 20:56:35 2005] : (1) DM: ooc is that including weapons?
[Thu Jun 30 20:56:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I have sacks
[Thu Jun 30 20:57:23 2005] : (1) DM: Okay. When the next load of gear is about 2/3 of the way across....
[Thu Jun 30 20:57:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yes I guess so
[Thu Jun 30 20:57:29 2005] : (1) DM: Make a spot check Huerney.
[Thu Jun 30 20:57:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [9,-2] = (7)
[Thu Jun 30 20:57:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc back
[Thu Jun 30 20:59:34 2005] : (1) DM: Those at the bridge hear some scraping and rasping noises coming from the statues on the pillars of stone. When you look at them you see them start to move...
[Thu Jun 30 20:59:41 2005] : (1) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jun 30 20:59:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 20:59:48 2005] : (4) Huerney: Aaargh!
[Thu Jun 30 20:59:50 2005] : (6) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:00 2005] : (6) Belros: "Whats going on??"
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc that's actually 12
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: brb
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:26 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc and to say I missed out the statue description... *sigh*
[Thu Jun 30 21:00:56 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc /me thinks Dave has bought a book entitled "Combat with (normally) Inanimate Objects" recently ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:01:38 2005] : (4) Huerney: back
[Thu Jun 30 21:01:40 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney, it's your turn.
[Thu Jun 30 21:01:58 2005] : ** (4) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Jun 30 21:02:06 2005] : (1) DM: There are two gargoyles with their beedy red eyes gazing at you hungrily.
[Thu Jun 30 21:02:12 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Haste ( level 3, "Extra partial action and +4 AC." )
[Thu Jun 30 21:02:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mirror Image ( level 2, "Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1/three levels, max 8). [1d4+3] -> [4,3] = (7) Images created." )
[Thu Jun 30 21:02:35 2005] : (1) DM: You managed to haul your gear across but you're not wearing your armour.
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: arm myself with my sword as move equiv
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:09 2005] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:25 2005] : (1) DM: The garoyles launch them selves into the air and attack!
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:28 2005] : (1) DM: Two on huerney.
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:55 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Jun 30 21:03:57 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Jun 30 21:04:42 2005] : (1) DM: AC?
[Thu Jun 30 21:04:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: ac = 19
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc actually 20
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc for some reason I was thinking that I was naked!
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:23 2005] : (1) DM: [1d8] -> [8] = (8)
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:25 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc ewww
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: I still have my amulet an ring on
[Thu Jun 30 21:05:51 2005] : (1) DM: It strikes one of your images and it shimmers and vanishes.
[Thu Jun 30 21:06:21 2005] : (1) DM: One attacks Ayhlanne,
[Thu Jun 30 21:06:26 2005] : (1) DM: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:06:43 2005] : (1) DM: And the other attacks Belros
[Thu Jun 30 21:06:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: 21
[Thu Jun 30 21:06:46 2005] : (1) DM: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:07 2005] : (1) DM: Take 1 damage Ayhlanne as it grazes you with its claw.
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"For honour, valour, and the thought of a few more ales!"#
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:42 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc this DMG is a mistery... :-(
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:45 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc whats the range of that song?
[Thu Jun 30 21:07:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc oops sorry
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc not my round, i never meant to start it yet
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:10 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what's the problem Ayhlanne? Have I done something wrong?
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol, no DM, you're perfect, but I want my DMG :(
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Heh. I didn't see the G.
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:48 2005] : (6) Belros: click heels and activate boots of speed
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:56 2005] : (1) DM: Free action?
[Thu Jun 30 21:08:58 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc do they give me the +4 ac of haste?
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:04 2005] : (6) Belros: cant find dmg
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:17 2005] : (6) Belros: its on a CD somewhere ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc it's a plot! lol
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:20 2005] : (1) DM: ooc We have 3.5e haste. Craig, what are the rules for that...
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yes they do
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:41 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc cool, ta
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc err, I thought we had 3e haste!
[Thu Jun 30 21:09:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:02 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Oh. Okay. 3e haste it is then.
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:16 2005] : (6) Belros: cast mage armour: +4 AC
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:18 2005] : (1) DM: So, yes, +4 dodge bonus to AC.
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:30 2005] : (1) DM: Defensively?
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:36 2005] : (6) Belros: aye
[Thu Jun 30 21:10:55 2005] : (1) DM: Concentration check
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:02 2005] : (6) Belros: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:08 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc nuts
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:16 2005] : (6) Belros: hang on thats CON
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:20 2005] : (6) Belros: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [14,13] = (27)
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:27 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc thats better :)
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:32 2005] : (1) DM: You cast the spell fine.
[Thu Jun 30 21:11:59 2005] : (1) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Jun 30 21:12:04 2005] : (6) Belros: move back from the cliff edge
[Thu Jun 30 21:12:19 2005] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Jun 30 21:13:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc you have another action too
[Thu Jun 30 21:14:37 2005] : (1) DM: ooc yeah, you're hasted.
[Thu Jun 30 21:14:46 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you could have cast a spell for example.
[Thu Jun 30 21:15:02 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc 1 sec
[Thu Jun 30 21:15:17 2005] : (6) Belros: cast MM on #3
[Thu Jun 30 21:15:27 2005] : (6) Belros: [5d4+5] -> [2,2,2,3,3,5] = (17)
[Thu Jun 30 21:15:45 2005] : (1) DM: Bah. No SR. :(
[Thu Jun 30 21:16:01 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc woot!
[Thu Jun 30 21:16:03 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Jun 30 21:17:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: aims at number 3, arrow +1
[Thu Jun 30 21:17:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: how high are they?
[Thu Jun 30 21:17:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: or at number 4 rather, who attackes me, right?
[Thu Jun 30 21:18:00 2005] : (1) DM: Number 4 is right in your face. Number 3 is just above the ground.
[Thu Jun 30 21:18:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ok, if it's right in my face then sword, not bow
[Thu Jun 30 21:19:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short sword+2) (base): [1d20+15] -> [3,15] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jun 30 21:19:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short sword+2) (second): [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:19:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: number 4
[Thu Jun 30 21:19:33 2005] : (1) DM: Chips of rock fly everywhere.
[Thu Jun 30 21:19:43 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney, your turn.
[Thu Jun 30 21:20:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney steps back 5 ft
[Thu Jun 30 21:20:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: Shouting "Holly, where are you, help!"
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: Stab at no 1
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:12 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Sound Burst ( level 2, "Deals 1d8 [1d8] -> [3] = (3) sonic damage to subjects; may stun them for 1 round (Will save to avoid)" )
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:16 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc oops
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+14] -> [3,14] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [2,3,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 30 21:21:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: Then I start singing as loudly as I can
[Thu Jun 30 21:22:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"For honour, valour, and the thought of a few more ales!"#
[Thu Jun 30 21:22:08 2005] : (1) DM: You'd think they'd be immune to fire.
[Thu Jun 30 21:22:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc the PHB says anyone who can hear me gets the benefit, so it's up to you what the range is DM
[Thu Jun 30 21:22:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: Done
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I think the others can hear it.
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:28 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: The gargoyles strike at huerney
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:32 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:33 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:34 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:37 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:52 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: And the 2nd
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:53 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:54 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:55 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:23:55 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:24:09 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: 2 hits for 6 damage
[Thu Jun 30 21:24:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: mirror images boss
[Thu Jun 30 21:24:33 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Ah. [1d7] -> [7] = (7)
[Thu Jun 30 21:24:35 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Ah. [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:24:49 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Two images are gone. You're down to 4.
[Thu Jun 30 21:25:11 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:28 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Number 4 on Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:30 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:30 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:31 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:33 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:26:42 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Ayhlanne, what's your AC?
[Thu Jun 30 21:27:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: 21 last time
[Thu Jun 30 21:27:38 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: All misses then.
[Thu Jun 30 21:27:47 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Number 3 flanks Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 30 21:27:53 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:28:00 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Take 4 damage.
[Thu Jun 30 21:28:09 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Jun 30 21:28:42 2005] : (6) Belros: fireball on #2
[Thu Jun 30 21:28:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc err?
[Thu Jun 30 21:29:08 2005] : (6) Belros: oor can you not dodge it?
[Thu Jun 30 21:29:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Belros doesn't even know!
[Thu Jun 30 21:29:30 2005] : (1) DM: You're going to have to make a ranged touch attack if you want it to aim it to avoid Huerney.
[Thu Jun 30 21:30:29 2005] : (6) Belros: 1 sec
[Thu Jun 30 21:31:18 2005] : (6) Belros: summon mon 2 - celestial eagle
[Thu Jun 30 21:31:44 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc mutter mutter, damn magic...
[Thu Jun 30 21:32:19 2005] : (1) DM: It can make an attack.
[Thu Jun 30 21:32:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I could just see belros torching all our ropes along with the bridge there!
[Thu Jun 30 21:32:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc hallelujah, I found it
[Thu Jun 30 21:32:55 2005] : (6) Belros: [2d3] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:33:05 2005] : (6) Belros: hang on...
[Thu Jun 30 21:33:26 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 21:33:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Where was it?
[Thu Jun 30 21:33:46 2005] : (1) DM: Miss. Move your eagle please.
[Thu Jun 30 21:33:49 2005] : (6) Belros: on #3
[Thu Jun 30 21:34:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc on a shelf, put away
[Thu Jun 30 21:34:15 2005] : (6) Belros: move to other side near #2
[Thu Jun 30 21:34:40 2005] : (6) Belros: then cast flaming sphere
[Thu Jun 30 21:35:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL the dangers of tidying
[Thu Jun 30 21:35:23 2005] : (1) DM: Where's the sphere?
[Thu Jun 30 21:35:32 2005] : (6) Belros: by #3 again
[Thu Jun 30 21:35:37 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 21:35:41 2005] : (1) DM: Roll damage
[Thu Jun 30 21:36:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I did not put it away, my friend who borrowed my appartment for a while did *grumble grumble*
[Thu Jun 30 21:36:05 2005] : (6) Belros: [2d6] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:36:20 2005] : (6) Belros: active for 9 rnds
[Thu Jun 30 21:36:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Damn those neat houseguests ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:36:43 2005] : (1) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Jun 30 21:37:24 2005] : (6) Belros: what else can I do? I'm crap at what takes how long :(
[Thu Jun 30 21:37:39 2005] : (1) DM: A move action.
[Thu Jun 30 21:37:52 2005] : (6) Belros: done
[Thu Jun 30 21:38:01 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, your turn.
[Thu Jun 30 21:38:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: drawing my other sword
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc two weapon fighting allows me how many strikes?
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword +1 / + 2 vamp. regen.) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword +1 / + 2 vamp. regen.) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: on 3 in my face
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: 4 sorry
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:40 2005] : (1) DM: One this round, because you had to draw. Unless you have quick draw?
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:40 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc first 3 I think
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: not 3
[Thu Jun 30 21:39:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I don't
[Thu Jun 30 21:40:04 2005] : (1) DM: Make a standard one-handed attack with one sword then.
[Thu Jun 30 21:40:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword+1/+2 vamp. regen) (base): [1d20+14] -> [17,14] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Jun 30 21:40:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword+1/+2 vamp. regen) (second): [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jun 30 21:40:45 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:05 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you get two hit points back if you were down.
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc do i get points back?
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: lol
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: Full attack on 1, then change bard songs
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [2,5,2] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [1,5,1] = (7)
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: I begin my bard song... Inspire Greatness - Competence bonuses: +2 to hit, +2 to Fort Saves, + [2d10] -> [10,6] = (16) to Hit points... Effects begin on my next round...
[Thu Jun 30 21:41:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc only affects me
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:11 2005] : (1) DM: Number 1 is looking chipped and worn with some cracks.
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:32 2005] : (1) DM: Gargoyles attack.
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:42 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:42 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:44 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:44 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:46 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:46 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:47 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:47 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 21:42:55 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: [1d5] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:00 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Take 3 damage.
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:02 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: [1d5] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:11 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: And another 4
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:21 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: ok
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:23 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:23 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:24 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:32 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Take 3 damage Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:34 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:34 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Claw (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:35 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Bite (base): [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:37 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Gore (base): [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:43:55 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Belros?
[Thu Jun 30 21:44:26 2005] : (6) Belros: my turn?
[Thu Jun 30 21:44:32 2005] : (1) Gargoyle: Yup
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella can be seen in the distance, running
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:07 2005] : (6) Belros: eagle dives at #1
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:24 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d3+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:29 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:41 2005] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 30 21:45:42 2005] : (6) Belros: and misses. I keep forgetting the attack roll :s
[Thu Jun 30 21:46:03 2005] : (6) Belros: sphere rolls to #4 and attacks
[Thu Jun 30 21:46:13 2005] : (6) Belros: [2d6] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:46:37 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:10 2005] : (1) DM: Any spells?
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:15 2005] : (6) Belros: whats a lantern archon?
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:23 2005] : (1) DM: A celestial
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:34 2005] : (6) Belros: Summon mon IV
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc like in OOTS recently, crap celestial
[Thu Jun 30 21:47:52 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Page 29 in MM.
[Thu Jun 30 21:48:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc they're not so bad. 2 ranged touch attacks for 1d6.
[Thu Jun 30 21:48:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc well, crap against Xykon anyway ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:49:25 2005] : (6) Belros: ok summon Giant eagle
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:06 2005] : (1) DM: attack...?
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:13 2005] : (6) Belros: #1
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:28 2005] : (6) Belros: 3 attacks...
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:30 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:31 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:35 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:40 2005] : (1) DM: Two hits
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:46 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d6+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:50:53 2005] : (6) Belros: [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Jun 30 21:51:23 2005] : (1) DM: The gargoyle cracks and crumbles to rubble.
[Thu Jun 30 21:52:08 2005] : (1) DM: You still got a partial action left.
[Thu Jun 30 21:52:33 2005] : (6) Belros: move and done
[Thu Jun 30 21:52:46 2005] : (1) DM: Could have cast a spell...
[Thu Jun 30 21:53:25 2005] : (6) Belros: oh, can I do that insteaad then?
[Thu Jun 30 21:53:58 2005] : (1) DM: Yes. One action for the summon, one move for the sphere directing and one partial action left.
[Thu Jun 30 21:54:06 2005] : (6) Belros: MM on #4
[Thu Jun 30 21:54:13 2005] : (6) Belros: [5d4+5] -> [4,1,2,4,2,5] = (18)
[Thu Jun 30 21:54:35 2005] : (1) DM: Shatters into a shower of dust and gravel.
[Thu Jun 30 21:54:50 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Jun 30 21:55:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne turns around and strikes at #3
[Thu Jun 30 21:55:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword +1 / + 2 vamp. regen.) [2weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+12] -> [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Jun 30 21:55:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Drinker (Longsword +1 / + 2 vamp. regen.) [2weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (base): [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Critical hit? [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] -> [4,4,10] = (18)
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Senser (Short Sword+2) [offhand 2 weapon fighting] (second): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] -> [1,2,10] = (13)
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc so only the first three yes?
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:41 2005] : (1) DM: Yes. It's a bit broken.
[Thu Jun 30 21:56:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Just a bit?
[Thu Jun 30 21:57:09 2005] : (1) DM: Holly, you're about 900 ft away.
[Thu Jun 30 21:57:24 2005] : (1) DM: I don't think you're going to make it in time to do anything.
[Thu Jun 30 21:57:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc can I drop my weapons?
[Thu Jun 30 21:57:43 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Sure. dropping is a free action.
[Thu Jun 30 21:57:54 2005] : (1) DM: Just don't drop 'em down the ravine...
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc do that next time, in case you get an AoO
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc and can I ready my bow then?
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: I was 900 ftg away rounds ago, when I saw the fight and started running
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:22 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc picking up the bow is move equiv
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc tsk tsk Holly, it'll tech you to disappear ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I didn't really move, I turned around ;)
[Thu Jun 30 21:58:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Sorry. You're 820 ft away. Since a round has passed since then.
[Thu Jun 30 21:59:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc You did a full attack
[Thu Jun 30 21:59:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc true
[Thu Jun 30 21:59:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc sorry :)
[Thu Jun 30 21:59:29 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Halflings base move is 20ft right?
[Thu Jun 30 21:59:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Probably :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:06 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: full attack on 2
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (base): [1d20+18] -> [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [1,5,6] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (second): [1d20+13] -> [13,13] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [2,5,5] = (12)
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: then another attck
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (base): [1d20+18] -> [11,18] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [5,5,4] = (14)
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Greatness and Courage (second): [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [3,5,2] = (10)
[Thu Jun 30 22:00:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, ohhhh, are gargoyles magical beasts?
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:02 2005] : (1) DM: It's dead.
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:11 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Woot!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:31 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Yeah, they're magical.
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Nasty things they were"
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:43 2005] : (6) Belros: "Everyone ok?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, ok, I have a favored ennemy magical nbeast :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:55 2005] : (6) Belros: deactivate boots, btw
[Thu Jun 30 22:01:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hello - You OK over there?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:02:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Fine, how are you?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:02:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Dave, did I hit with Drinker earlier? for the reg
[Thu Jun 30 22:02:51 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc how long is s round in real time?
[Thu Jun 30 22:02:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Just took a scratch, I'm fine. I'll see if I can find Holly"
[Thu Jun 30 22:02:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc 6 seconds
[Thu Jun 30 22:03:00 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, Belros and Huerney get 670 XP.
[Thu Jun 30 22:03:02 2005] : (6) Belros: "Ok, I hope she's ok"
[Thu Jun 30 22:03:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney turns around
[Thu Jun 30 22:03:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: DM, did I hit with drinker?
[Thu Jun 30 22:03:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [8,-2] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:03 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros quickly call the Giant eagle back and gets it to carry as much stuff across the gap as it can
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:07 2005] : (1) DM: You see Hollyella making her way towards you.
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney starts looking for Holly,which probably isn't easy as she's small and wears hidey clothes
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:30 2005] : (1) DM: I guess you can't ride it? Since it's not trained.
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:30 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne searches the rubble that is left of the gargoyles and then proceeds to examining what's left of the posts
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Ah, there you are!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:43 2005] : (6) Belros: doubt it
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella is in sight and running at you
[Thu Jun 30 22:04:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Jun 30 22:05:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Is everybody alright?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:05:20 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros is busy with the eagle, but waves
[Thu Jun 30 22:05:26 2005] : (1) DM: Just gargoyle bits.
[Thu Jun 30 22:05:44 2005] : (6) Belros: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
[Thu Jun 30 22:05:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I believe so. Where did you get to?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:06:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Gargoyles, the bloody bridge had gargoyles!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:06:16 2005] : (6) Belros: After finishing with the eagle, Belros ponders the gargoyle bits
[Thu Jun 30 22:06:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just having a look around" Hollyella looks royally pissed
[Thu Jun 30 22:06:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And they came to life as we were getting my weapons across"
[Thu Jun 30 22:06:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: "What's up?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:07:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Actually I'm amased you knew I was gone, nobody seemed to care about me when I was here by myself"
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Of course we did"
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne examines the pillars of stone
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella stumps off and gathers as much of her gear as has already arrived
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I was trying to work out how to get the less nimble ones across"
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:48 2005] : (1) DM: They're solid chunks of rock that have been working into piller shapes.
[Thu Jun 30 22:08:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I don't know if you noticed but not everyone has your agility"
[Thu Jun 30 22:09:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: huerney shouts across
[Thu Jun 30 22:09:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Shall we continue with the gear?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:09:38 2005] : (6) Belros: (Shouting) "Ready when you are"
[Thu Jun 30 22:09:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What I did notice was that nobody even took the trouble to tell me whar you were up to"
[Thu Jun 30 22:09:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Holly's stuff next"
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I was coming across to tell you"
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Elros, can you take care of the gear, I will see to the horses"
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: *Belros
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney hauls the gear across in shifts
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:57 2005] : (6) Belros: "Thats fine"
[Thu Jun 30 22:10:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes looks for a place to leave the horses
[Thu Jun 30 22:11:26 2005] : (1) DM: There aren't any stables near here.
[Thu Jun 30 22:11:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc really??? how very inconvenient
[Thu Jun 30 22:11:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: suitable clearing with a small brook tuype thing :P
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:08 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc hehe
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella helps Huerney, not speaking a word
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:19 2005] : (1) DM: If you leave the horses here they're either a) be eaten, b) run away.
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I just looked at the map, it's miles to the castle!
[Thu Jun 30 22:12:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc INDEED, I've been saying this the whole time :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc i guess we should concentrate on fixing the bridge!
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:33 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Probably about 3-4 days by horse, depending on terrain. 7-8 days by foot.
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Perhaps we should fix the bridge"
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:44 2005] : (6) Belros: "You could be right"
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:56 2005] : (6) Belros: (shouting, I assume)
[Thu Jun 30 22:13:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Perhaps we should, yes"
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Work on it from both sides now though, so all this was not for nothing!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Anybody has an axe?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Because I sure don't have one"
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: "umm, not me!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Where is Nerin when you need him..."
[Thu Jun 30 22:14:54 2005] : (1) DM: It'll take 2 hours to fell a tree, 2 hours to strip the branches from it, 3-4 to turn it into planks. Asumming of course that you have an ax...
[Thu Jun 30 22:15:26 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc how much does a horse weigh?
[Thu Jun 30 22:15:39 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc planks would be impossible without a saw
[Thu Jun 30 22:15:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc well, very difficult
[Thu Jun 30 22:15:53 2005] : (1) DM: You can make planks by splitting logs.
[Thu Jun 30 22:16:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: but we need an axe to split logs, although I suppose a sword would do, especially magical, it would take more time, that's all
[Thu Jun 30 22:17:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I don't think that rapiers are much use for making planks"
[Thu Jun 30 22:17:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Especially not ones that exude fire!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:17:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to fell a small tree with her sword
[Thu Jun 30 22:17:47 2005] : (1) DM: ooc horses are about 400-500 kg?
[Thu Jun 30 22:17:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Can we re-use these planks? Just making bigger gaps between them so we need less?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:18:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Holly, we could, but it still would be very dangerous for the horses"
[Thu Jun 30 22:18:17 2005] : (1) DM: ooc remember you only need 20 planks. Each one is about 20-30 cm wide.
[Thu Jun 30 22:18:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Unfortunately, i don't think that the horses are surefooted enough for that"
[Thu Jun 30 22:18:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Maybe mending a few off them?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:18:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: "That's a good idea, do you know how?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:19:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks hopefully at holly
[Thu Jun 30 22:19:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Didn't you try a mending spell earlier? Planks are smaller than bridges"
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:05 2005] : (6) Belros: "Given a night to rest I could mend a few"
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:15 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I canonly cast two more, but I can cast another 4 tomorrow, maybe do it on the worst ones, then we could use our ropes to bolster the ones on the bridge"
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Try casting one now, just to see if it will work"
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks for a bad plank near the start of this siode of the bridge
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:55 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 30 22:20:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:21:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc for those to lazy to do the maths. Spreading the 80 good planks along the length results in gaps on only 7.5 cm.
[Thu Jun 30 22:22:15 2005] : (1) DM: Correction. 81 good planks.
[Thu Jun 30 22:22:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Since we didn't know the width of the original gaps, we couldn't do the maths :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:22:48 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Jun 30 22:23:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc 7.5 cm is enough to lose a horse's leg
[Thu Jun 30 22:23:26 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Huerney assessed the quality of the planking a while back.
[Thu Jun 30 22:24:12 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc put big planks on their hoofs so they can't slip though :P
[Thu Jun 30 22:24:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 30 22:24:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets to felling and planking
[Thu Jun 30 22:24:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We could also think about putting the planks lengthwise, make a sort of gangway"
[Thu Jun 30 22:25:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc did my mending spell work on the plank?
[Thu Jun 30 22:25:21 2005] : (1) DM: ooc yup
[Thu Jun 30 22:25:37 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros helps Ahylanne
[Thu Jun 30 22:25:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, I'll have a go at another one"
[Thu Jun 30 22:25:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:26:08 2005] : (1) DM: Another fine plank.
[Thu Jun 30 22:26:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, i can use some of my more powerful spells to mend some more, what do you think Holly?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:26:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sweats
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It works!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne fells'
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:12 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc how many need repair?
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:21 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, It's very slow work.
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne stops"
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:35 2005] : (1) DM: 10. So 8 more. The other 10 are missing.
[Thu Jun 30 22:27:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stops
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:01 2005] : (6) Belros: "I wish I could help more, but I didn't expect to have to build a bridge with magic"
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ok, none of you can make planks out of thin air?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, it's a waste of my higher magic, but I can theroretically manage another 4 today"
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts felling and planking again
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'll do it"
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:34 2005] : (6) Belros: "Not today, ahylanne"
[Thu Jun 30 22:28:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Can you tomorrow, without using up all your spell power Belros?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney moves along the safe looking ones on this side fixing the damaged ones
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:11 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And when Belros helps you tomorrow, we only need a few new ones"
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mending ( level 0, "Makes minor repairs on an object." )
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:41 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc Could repair 4 and make 2 but thats using all my L4 spells
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:51 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc that's another 4 done, but all my magic gone too
[Thu Jun 30 22:29:58 2005] : (6) Belros: "4 or maybe more"
[Thu Jun 30 22:30:58 2005] : (1) DM: It'll be 3 pm before Ayhlanne has felled the tree. It's about 1230 now.
[Thu Jun 30 22:31:29 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc how wide is the chasm?
[Thu Jun 30 22:31:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney shouts over
[Thu Jun 30 22:31:36 2005] : (1) DM: 100 ft
[Thu Jun 30 22:31:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Are you struggling to fell the trees?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:31:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am"
[Thu Jun 30 22:32:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Belros, can you summon a Bison?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:32:16 2005] : (4) Huerney: "that should be able to push one over easily enough"
[Thu Jun 30 22:32:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Nifty"
[Thu Jun 30 22:32:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Or several"
[Thu Jun 30 22:32:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Better than summoning one underground" Hollyella grins
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: "hmm, yeah, not my finest hour"
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney grins
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Several trees that is, not bisons"
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:32 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros thinks
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:33 2005] : (1) DM: You'll only need one tree. The planks don't have to be very long.
[Thu Jun 30 22:33:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We all survived"
[Thu Jun 30 22:34:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We could do the work of a bison, if all of us do it together"
[Thu Jun 30 22:34:43 2005] : (6) Belros: "How about a bear?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:34:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Indeed we did, and I stopped that wyvern from taking Myf just after that, and THAT was my finest hour!"
[Thu Jun 30 22:34:54 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Beaver!
[Thu Jun 30 22:34:59 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hmm, might not be big enough"
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It sure was"
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:24 2005] : (6) Belros: "hmm... or a rhino?
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'm sorry about before Holly"
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "A rhino should be able to do that"
[Thu Jun 30 22:35:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I was trying to come over to you"
[Thu Jun 30 22:36:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: "A rhino sounds good"
[Thu Jun 30 22:36:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It's alright, I was just a bit upset. I seemed to have become invisible and I hate that. Unles I don't want to be seen of course"
[Thu Jun 30 22:36:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc why would we know what a rhino looks like??
[Thu Jun 30 22:36:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Because we're smart ;)
[Thu Jun 30 22:37:18 2005] : (1) DM: It's an epic monster from bardic tales. Heros are constantly slaying them as they guard towers with trapped nobilty inside.
[Thu Jun 30 22:37:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jun 30 22:37:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 30 22:38:16 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc haven't you heard those stories?
[Thu Jun 30 22:38:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc So I know because Huerney is always telling tales
[Thu Jun 30 22:38:24 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:39:36 2005] : (1) DM: Is a beast felling a tree or not?
[Thu Jun 30 22:41:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc unless I am a beast, so far, no ;)
[Thu Jun 30 22:42:17 2005] : (1) DM: It doesn't reall matter if you work hard you can have sufficient planks by 10 am tomorrow. If you don't work while it's dark.
[Thu Jun 30 22:42:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Not working overnight, not that I have anything to make planks with anyway
[Thu Jun 30 22:42:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 30 22:43:34 2005] : (6) Belros: oco make some tonight and then I'll mend more tomorrow
[Thu Jun 30 22:43:36 2005] : (1) DM: Some woden wedges and a big rock is all you'd need.
[Thu Jun 30 22:44:30 2005] : (1) DM: ...DM fast-forwards...
[Thu Jun 30 22:45:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I love it when the DM does that. But it's not in the DMG, is it? :D
[Thu Jun 30 22:45:51 2005] : (1) DM: It's now the following morning. You have sufficient planks to repair the bridge. What next?
[Thu Jun 30 22:45:52 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Go look, now you've found it ;)
[Thu Jun 30 22:46:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: I'll repair any others that need doing
[Thu Jun 30 22:46:25 2005] : (6) Belros: I'll check the ropes
[Thu Jun 30 22:46:40 2005] : (1) DM: What's your int bonus Belros?
[Thu Jun 30 22:46:54 2005] : (3) Hollyella: I'll help putting the new planks in
[Thu Jun 30 22:46:56 2005] : (6) Belros: +3
[Thu Jun 30 22:47:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney walks across his safe side of the bridge to the gap then goes across the ropes to the unrepaired side
[Thu Jun 30 22:47:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
[Thu Jun 30 22:47:36 2005] : (1) DM: Belros, your carefully examine the rope and you conclude that the majority is sound. It's only where the rope rubs against the pillers where it's fraying and worn.
[Thu Jun 30 22:48:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney starts fixing the 4 remaining planks
[Thu Jun 30 22:48:22 2005] : (1) DM: k
[Thu Jun 30 22:48:24 2005] : (6) Belros: cast mending on the ropes
[Thu Jun 30 22:48:40 2005] : (1) DM: Hmm. Ropes are too large for mending.
[Thu Jun 30 22:48:52 2005] : (6) Belros: grumble grumble
[Thu Jun 30 22:49:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What's wrong. Belros?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: brb
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:01 2005] : (6) Belros: "these ropes are a bit worn here, near the pillars"
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We probably can strengthen them with new ropes"
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Use mine, silk should be strong enough"
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:59 2005] : (1) DM: use rope skill Ayhlanne.
[Thu Jun 30 22:50:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And pad the space btween pillar and rope with grass or leaves, so that they don't wear out with the wind and weather"
[Thu Jun 30 22:51:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tosses Belros 2 ropes
[Thu Jun 30 22:51:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Thu Jun 30 22:51:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: take 20?
[Thu Jun 30 22:51:32 2005] : (1) DM: No. You can take 10.
[Thu Jun 30 22:51:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ok, 10 then
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:06 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran (enter): 22:52
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:11 2005] : (4) Huerney: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:13 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc hi all
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:24 2005] : (1) DM: ooc NTL troubles?
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Hi, Henry :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:30 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc yes, indeed.
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:32 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc /me taps his watch
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc that's all you get with NTL - they're awful
[Thu Jun 30 22:52:51 2005] : (1) DM: ooc *smug grin*
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:13 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc yeah NTl suck
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I was with them in Oxford. Zen is a whole other world of tranquilty compaered to NTHell
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: with a silk rope, I get a +2 scircumstance bonus
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: which will bring the whole thing to 19
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I suppose
[Thu Jun 30 22:53:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I got 21
[Thu Jun 30 22:54:03 2005] : (1) DM: Okay, the bridge is repaired. Planking done, rope reinforced. Who's going to risk their horse first...?
[Thu Jun 30 22:54:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: I will, I'm still the lightest, as is my pony
[Thu Jun 30 22:54:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc horsey won't touch the planks anyway...
[Thu Jun 30 22:54:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her pony and walks it over
[Thu Jun 30 22:55:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne unload her horse and prepares a cover for his eyes
[Thu Jun 30 22:55:32 2005] : (1) DM: Your pony is really reluctant to cross. You'll need a animal handling skill roll/.
[Thu Jun 30 22:55:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Handle Animal Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jun 30 22:55:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Shit
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:01 2005] : (1) DM: It baulks and refuses to cross.
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:05 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc do you want me to join or lurk?
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Do join us :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:20 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: :-)
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:23 2005] : (1) DM: ooc join
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Holly, please let me handle this?
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella backs up and covers the pony's eyes before trying again
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "If one animal is scared, they'll all get scared"
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc join
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What do you suggest?"
[Thu Jun 30 22:56:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "PLease Holly, I'll try and do this"
[Thu Jun 30 22:57:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to talk softly to all horses, with a soothing voice
[Thu Jun 30 22:57:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Animal Empathy Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Thu Jun 30 22:58:24 2005] : (1) DM: You get a big bonus for it being blinkered so you lead it across without too much trouble.
[Thu Jun 30 22:58:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes her time, patting the animals, talking to them softly
[Thu Jun 30 22:58:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ok :)
[Thu Jun 30 22:58:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne repeats the process with all horses and poneys
[Thu Jun 30 22:59:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Slowly, always talking to them as she leads thema cross"
[Thu Jun 30 22:59:14 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Shev rides up, then dismounts and offers the reins to Ahylanne
[Thu Jun 30 22:59:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Slowly, always talking to them as she leads thema cross
[Thu Jun 30 22:59:27 2005] : (1) DM: They all make it across successfully.
[Thu Jun 30 22:59:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well done Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "You have a great knack with beasts"
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne nods
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:15 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros applauds
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:23 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "well done, Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc cool, it's the first time I really feel a ranger to the core :D
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:35 2005] : (1) DM: Who's on which side?
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:40 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: "I can deal with horses, but no other animals."
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I am on the other side
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:49 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Still on the first side.
[Thu Jun 30 23:00:56 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc can we assume that since she has crossed the bridge 9 times now, its ok for us to cross
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:07 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc she's worn it out now :-)
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:27 2005] : (1) DM: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:34 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc well you can cut down the new set of planks, tar :P
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:36 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, make a spot check.
[Thu Jun 30 23:01:37 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: (plus I'm a big heavy bloke in full plate armour)
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ananiel Daylight Spot Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [3,16] = (19)
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:34 2005] : (1) DM: Okay. Everyone else crossing? Who's going last?
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how much rope have we used?
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:52 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc Thats a loaded question !!
[Thu Jun 30 23:02:57 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: I'll rearguard.
[Thu Jun 30 23:03:06 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Sword drawn, shield ready.
[Thu Jun 30 23:03:33 2005] : (1) DM: Everyone else gets safely across....
[Thu Jun 30 23:03:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: I'll be in the middle somewhere
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I guess I'm at the front then
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:32 2005] : (1) DM: When Tar is crossing there is an alarmingly loud *snap* and one of the ropes parts. The bridge sags to one side. Make a reflex save Tar.
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:38 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:47 2005] : (1) DM: Make a dex check.
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:52 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Dex check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 30 23:04:56 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc bum.
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:01 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc weeeeeeee, splash
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc wooooops
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc so did we want a cleric?
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:39 2005] : (1) DM: You loose your balance and make a grab for the rope on the other side. You make it but in the process you drop your sword.
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:47 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc noooo!
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc hh
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:54 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc What's this? Be late: you die? ;)
[Thu Jun 30 23:05:55 2005] : (1) DM: *splash*
[Thu Jun 30 23:06:17 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc lol @ cleric
[Thu Jun 30 23:06:26 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc what's this ravine that we're crossing?
[Thu Jun 30 23:06:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: dunno, but it's 200 feet deep
[Thu Jun 30 23:06:41 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: (as in, how deep?)
[Thu Jun 30 23:06:59 2005] : (1) DM: Tar, you're clinging onto a collapsing bridge. Make a str check to see of you can pull yourself to safety.
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:04 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: Str check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:20 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc how much do you weigh, tar?
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney quickly points his rope of climbing at shev's waist
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:39 2005] : (1) DM: Your armour is weighing you down too much.
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:42 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc including armour, around 260lbs
[Thu Jun 30 23:07:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Everyone hold on to this end of the rope
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne holds the ropes
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella holds on
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:15 2005] : (1) DM: The rope latches on to Tar.
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc the rope should knot itself securely around him
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:28 2005] : (1) DM: With everyone pulling they can haul Tar to safety.
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:28 2005] : (6) Belros: Belros grabs the rope
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I think we've got you"
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:39 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: "That's a nice piece of gear!"
[Thu Jun 30 23:08:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Everyone pul!"
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:00 2005] : (6) Belros: "ngngnn"
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:18 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: "Thank you, everyone. I am loath to leave my sword, but it is better to lose my blade than my life."
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "So much for all of our work. Well, at least we're all in one piece and at the other side"
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:27 2005] : (1) DM: In the next few minutes the remaining ropes give way and the entire bridge tumbles into the ravine.
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Phew, this rope has helped us a fair bit here!"
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:49 2005] : (6) Belros: "All that work, gone."
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "So we'll not be coming this way again, then"
[Thu Jun 30 23:09:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And I've never used it before"
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:00 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc /me adds "locked gauntlet" to his shopping list.
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:16 2005] : (6) Belros: "Yes indeed. I must invest in one someday"
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That was a close call"
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc so that wen you grab at the remaining rope you chop it in half instead?
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how much rope did we use up for the bridge?
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:48 2005] : (7) Tar Shevran: ooc on the other hand :-P
[Thu Jun 30 23:10:55 2005] : (1) DM: Okay, Everyone (except Tar) gets 1500 XP for the bridge. Tar, you get 200 XP.
[Thu Jun 30 23:11:06 2005] : (6) Belros: ooc kerching
[Thu Jun 30 23:11:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Ker-ching
[Thu Jun 30 23:11:20 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END