Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 23 June 2005

[Thu Jun 23 19:19:34 2005] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 23 19:20:07 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Are we all ready to leave?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:20:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney runs around selling, sharing money then buying stuff
[Thu Jun 23 19:20:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Yes, i think that the sooner we get this witchy woman, the better"
[Thu Jun 23 19:21:13 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I am ready."
[Thu Jun 23 19:21:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I just hope Ayhlanne will catch up with us soon"
[Thu Jun 23 19:22:02 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros runs in
[Thu Jun 23 19:22:14 2005] : (5) Belros: "Ah, there you are"
[Thu Jun 23 19:22:36 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Welcome back."
[Thu Jun 23 19:22:42 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "You're in a hurry"
[Thu Jun 23 19:23:09 2005] : (5) Belros: "Why thank you Tar. Hmmm, I think I'll buy these"
[Thu Jun 23 19:23:21 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "What have you found to buy?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:23:39 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Oh, err, you've decided to join us Belros?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:23:55 2005] : (5) Belros: "This fine pair of gloves."
[Thu Jun 23 19:24:27 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "They look nice"
[Thu Jun 23 19:24:36 2005] : (5) Belros: "Yes Huerney. I'm afraid I can't handle my ale and it took me a while longer to wake up"
[Thu Jun 23 19:24:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Very smart. Too small for my hands, though!"
[Thu Jun 23 19:25:31 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Shall we ride?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:25:32 2005] : (2) DM: ooc magic items resize
[Thu Jun 23 19:26:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc yeah, but it seemed like a good remark :-)
[Thu Jun 23 19:26:21 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc :)
[Thu Jun 23 19:26:58 2005] : (2) DM: Right, according to the map (which I didn't draw 'cos I was too busy shinking merchant shipping yesterday). The trail heads north skirting the edge of the forest before veering east and following a river northwards.
[Thu Jun 23 19:27:22 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc whose horse did I end up on the other week?
[Thu Jun 23 19:28:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc marnak's
[Thu Jun 23 19:28:12 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc ta
[Thu Jun 23 19:28:48 2005] : (5) Belros: "On the subject of riding, I wonder whose horse this is. I would be happy to buy it off them"
[Thu Jun 23 19:29:04 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella casts detect magic on Belros' new gloves
[Thu Jun 23 19:29:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: "it belonged to one of our deceased comrades"
[Thu Jun 23 19:29:48 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I'm sure it could do with a new and loving owner"
[Thu Jun 23 19:30:10 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "If you need it and take good care off it, ride it"
[Thu Jun 23 19:30:44 2005] : (5) Belros: "Ahh, I thank you. Would you happen to know its name?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:30:54 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran is carrying a new lance, that matches his sword.
[Thu Jun 23 19:31:22 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I never came up with a name - Marnak used to view horses as a means of transport, and would treat them well but not get attached.
[Thu Jun 23 19:31:26 2005] : (5) Belros: "oh fancy"
[Thu Jun 23 19:31:51 2005] : (5) Belros: "A bit too big for my hands though"
[Thu Jun 23 19:31:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I'm not sure"
[Thu Jun 23 19:32:28 2005] : (5) Belros: "Well, perhaps a name will make itself evident in time"
[Thu Jun 23 19:32:39 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Hah! Well said."
[Thu Jun 23 19:33:49 2005] : (5) Belros: "So, where are we headed?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:33:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: "knowing Marnak, which I didn't very well, it will be a bit fiesty"
[Thu Jun 23 19:33:59 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Up into the mountains."
[Thu Jun 23 19:34:04 2005] : (3) Huerney: "To the passage in the mountains"
[Thu Jun 23 19:34:21 2005] : (5) Belros: "Sounds cold"
[Thu Jun 23 19:34:44 2005] : (2) DM: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [8,3,12] = (23)
[Thu Jun 23 19:34:50 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "It probably will be, she seems to like the cold"
[Thu Jun 23 19:36:27 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Aye, but that's why we need to stop her."
[Thu Jun 23 19:37:12 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "She can likje cold as far as I'm concerned, we have to stop her because she hurts people"
[Thu Jun 23 19:38:02 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I misspoke."
[Thu Jun 23 19:38:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Kills them too"
[Thu Jun 23 19:38:20 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "It is her love of cold that leads her to cause pain, as far as I can see."
[Thu Jun 23 19:38:38 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "How hard are we going to try to NOT kill her?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:39:26 2005] : (5) Belros: "Depends on how hard she tries to NOT kill us"
[Thu Jun 23 19:39:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Not to our own significant risk. We owe little to the elves; they were hostile and unwelcoming, for the most part."
[Thu Jun 23 19:40:09 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I actually liked A'Theodor"
[Thu Jun 23 19:40:40 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Hence 'for the most part'. I liked him too; he was honest and no coward."
[Thu Jun 23 19:41:18 2005] : (3) Huerney: "His queen on the other hand... Just had no comprehension of why we might distrust her"
[Thu Jun 23 19:42:13 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "She is accustomed to a lot of worship and little questioning."
[Thu Jun 23 19:42:55 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Well, like I said to her, I'm no murderer, but I wouldn't mind killing that witch either"
[Thu Jun 23 19:43:30 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "We must find her first."
[Thu Jun 23 19:43:37 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Belros, if you are travelling with us, perhaps we can kit you with an item from our equipment. We have a ring that may suit your magical talents"
[Thu Jun 23 19:43:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney hands Belros the ring of searing light
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Oh really, Huerney. What would that be?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:20 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney describes its properties
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:23 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros reagrds the ring solemnly
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:25 2005] : (3) Huerney: Ring of Searing Light 4d8 Normal, 8d6 undead, 8d8 vampires;
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:43 2005] : (5) Belros: "I get the feeling that this belonged to one of your dead comrades"
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:45 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc you should know how it works :P
[Thu Jun 23 19:44:58 2005] : (5) Belros: Ring: Searing light 4d6 light damage [4d6] -> [6,3,4,1] = (14)
[Thu Jun 23 19:45:00 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Indeed, but it does no good in a backpack"
[Thu Jun 23 19:45:08 2005] : (5) Belros: Ring: Searing light 8d6 to undead, funghi, puddings and moulds [8d6] -> [4,6,6,1,1,1,3,1] = (23)
[Thu Jun 23 19:45:17 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc something like that? ;)
[Thu Jun 23 19:45:29 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc The man's a natural! ;)
[Thu Jun 23 19:45:46 2005] : (2) DM: ooc why does the ring do extra damage to mushrooms?
[Thu Jun 23 19:46:02 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc 'cos they like darkness?
[Thu Jun 23 19:46:06 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc I guess it's in the spell description
[Thu Jun 23 19:46:39 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc not sure. made the node ages ago
[Thu Jun 23 19:46:52 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc and puddings hate being cooked, as do mushrooms - even if it makes htem more tasty... they resist, oh yes!
[Thu Jun 23 19:47:05 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 23 19:47:21 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc not in the spell desc
[Thu Jun 23 19:47:28 2005] : (2) DM: You're all riding along this trail?
[Thu Jun 23 19:47:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: yep
[Thu Jun 23 19:47:45 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu Jun 23 19:48:16 2005] : (5) Belros: "I see what you are saying Huerney, but here I am riding a dead mans horse and holding... "
[Thu Jun 23 19:48:21 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc I hate to say it
[Thu Jun 23 19:48:29 2005] : (5) Belros: "A dead mans ring"
[Thu Jun 23 19:48:39 2005] : (2) DM: It's little used and is poorly maintained. And whilst the map shows it skirting the forest the forest edge is quite some distance to the left.
[Thu Jun 23 19:48:41 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: DM: yes.
[Thu Jun 23 19:49:27 2005] : (3) Huerney: "The forest seems to have retreated somewhat since the map was drawn"
[Thu Jun 23 19:49:39 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "The elves did mention this."
[Thu Jun 23 19:49:50 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Do you think our friends wanted to have that horse sent to the knackers? Or have that rign sold when it can still be of use to all of us?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:49:54 2005] : (2) DM: You ride on some more through the dull farmland. Seeing the occasion farmstead.
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:20 2005] : (2) DM: Make spot checks.
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:29 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:34 2005] : (5) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:47 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:48 2005] : (3) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [7,-2] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 19:50:54 2005] : (5) Belros: "Not knowing them, I honestly couldn't say. However, I must trust that you knew them well enough to make the decision"
[Thu Jun 23 19:51:43 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "So trust me" Hollyella smiles at Belros
[Thu Jun 23 19:51:45 2005] : (3) Huerney: "As long as you don't rub his ring Belros"
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I don't think it's activated that way"
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney winks
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:18 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros smiles at Holly, and looks at Huerney strangely
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:50 2005] : (5) Belros: "Hmmm"
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:51 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I really like him, but I don't always share his sense of humour"
[Thu Jun 23 19:52:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: "the horse and ring were from different comrades Belros, if that makes any difference to you"
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:01 2005] : (5) Belros: "That looks.... odd"
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:12 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "What does?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:30 2005] : (5) Belros: "Those two trees up ahead"
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:44 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "What of them?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:55 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a good look at the trees
[Thu Jun 23 19:53:59 2005] : (5) Belros: "I'm not sure. They just look..... out of place"
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:03 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran looks at the trees, and draws his sword
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:19 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Huh?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:28 2005] : (2) DM: The're all gnarled and old looking. The other trees along the track are all younger.
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:33 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her bow ready
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks at the trees too
[Thu Jun 23 19:54:54 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Umm, they're just trees aren't they?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: "why is everyone getting nervous?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:05 2005] : (2) DM: Knowledge: Nature rolls
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:09 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:10 2005] : (3) Huerney: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:11 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:21 2005] : (5) Belros: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jun 23 19:55:26 2005] : (3) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
[Thu Jun 23 19:56:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Do you know, I don't think I've seen trees like these before"
[Thu Jun 23 19:56:11 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "They don't look like any tree I've ever seen of heard off"
[Thu Jun 23 19:56:49 2005] : (5) Belros: "Maybe its nothing. I just thought they looked strange compared to the rest of the trees"
[Thu Jun 23 19:56:51 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Although I have heard tell of monsters that look like trees"
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:01 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Perhaps some care is needed"
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:04 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "It doesn't hurt to be careful"
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:08 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "They are different from the rest; even I can see that."
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:11 2005] : ** (3) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:19 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "So, do we ride around them?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:39 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)" )
[Thu Jun 23 19:57:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "And miss all the fun? Why?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:58:16 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella casts mage armour on herself
[Thu Jun 23 19:58:18 2005] : (5) Belros: "You have a strange idea of fun"
[Thu Jun 23 19:58:39 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Anything's better than boredom, don't you agree?"
[Thu Jun 23 19:58:45 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney draws his rapier
[Thu Jun 23 19:59:08 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran doesn't want to attack some random trees just on a suspicion, but readies a charge if he needs to.
[Thu Jun 23 19:59:14 2005] : (3) Huerney: "In order that we aren't caught napping, I'll sing us a rousing song"
[Thu Jun 23 19:59:24 2005] : (5) Belros: "Well, yes, but fun is not always better than anything"
[Thu Jun 23 19:59:31 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "And I'll make sure my bow.s ready"
[Thu Jun 23 19:59:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"For honour, valour, and the thought of a few more ales!"#
[Thu Jun 23 20:00:04 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I don't live for fun ALL the time"
[Thu Jun 23 20:00:07 2005] : (2) DM: Going around or continuing along the track?
[Thu Jun 23 20:00:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Waiting for other people to ride between the trees, just in case.
[Thu Jun 23 20:00:37 2005] : (6) Hollyella: How far from the track are those trees?
[Thu Jun 23 20:00:48 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney gees Horsey II on slowly
[Thu Jun 23 20:01:09 2005] : (2) DM: They're about 150 ft ahead.
[Thu Jun 23 20:01:10 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros follows but hangs back a little
[Thu Jun 23 20:01:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks to see if anyone is following and waves his arm to get them to follow, all the while singing
[Thu Jun 23 20:01:35 2005] : (2) DM: You've not seen anyone on this trail so far.
[Thu Jun 23 20:01:59 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev rides a bit back from Huerney, settling into a combat seat.
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:00 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros casts Mage Armor ( level 1, "Gives subject +4 armor bonus." )
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney dismounts as he gets closer and leads Horsey II
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:22 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc this ORPG spell stuff sucks
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:28 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella moves into the middle of the party
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:39 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc It does
[Thu Jun 23 20:02:39 2005] : (2) DM: ooc agreed. I always kept track of spells on a piece of paper.
[Thu Jun 23 20:03:01 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc same here, doesn't work at all well for bards and sorcerors
[Thu Jun 23 20:03:03 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc real paper???
[Thu Jun 23 20:03:09 2005] : (2) DM: ooc yup
[Thu Jun 23 20:03:43 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc The kind you can fold? And still read after you've jumped up and down on it?
[Thu Jun 23 20:03:47 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc weirdo :P
[Thu Jun 23 20:04:23 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Who'se thar Nerin guy?
[Thu Jun 23 20:04:25 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc is a change of marker text required perhaps?
[Thu Jun 23 20:05:28 2005] : (2) DM: If you could arrange your selve into marching order in the middle of the map, please.
[Thu Jun 23 20:06:39 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc our great and fearless fighter is stuck at the back behind a rogue and mage :P
[Thu Jun 23 20:06:54 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc they queuejumped!
[Thu Jun 23 20:07:05 2005] : (2) DM: As you ride past...
[Thu Jun 23 20:07:12 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc I don't want to be too exposed :P
[Thu Jun 23 20:07:24 2005] : (2) DM: between the two "trees"...
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:08 2005] : (2) DM: Something roars in a rough loud voice "FIRE!".
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:31 2005] : (2) DM: The trees suddenly shift and branches strike out as you go past.
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:42 2005] : (2) DM: One aiming for Tar with his flaming lance.
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks at his sword
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:52 2005] : (2) DM: Slam (base): [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] -> [2,6,9] = (17)
[Thu Jun 23 20:08:54 2005] : (3) Huerney: "oops"
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:03 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:11 2005] : (2) DM: You're flat-footed so no dex bonus to AC.
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: miss.
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:32 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc we were expecting something
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:44 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc we were all ready for violence.
[Thu Jun 23 20:09:59 2005] : (2) DM: ooc conceeded.
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:09 2005] : (2) DM: The other swings at Belros
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:15 2005] : (2) DM: Slam (base): [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] -> [6,1,9] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:21 2005] : (5) Belros: miss
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:33 2005] : (2) DM: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:39 2005] : (3) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:44 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20-1] -> [9,-1] = (8)
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:55 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Jun 23 20:10:58 2005] : (5) Belros: Initiative Belros: [Bad dice format] - [1d20+d]
[Thu Jun 23 20:11:01 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jun 23 20:11:09 2005] : (5) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 20:11:48 2005] : (2) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Jun 23 20:12:42 2005] : (5) Belros: cast flaming sphere
[Thu Jun 23 20:12:57 2005] : (2) DM: Aiming at which tree?
[Thu Jun 23 20:13:06 2005] : (5) Belros: #2
[Thu Jun 23 20:13:38 2005] : (5) Belros: [2d6] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jun 23 20:14:17 2005] : (5) Belros: reflex to negate, no idea on DC
[Thu Jun 23 20:14:42 2005] : (5) Belros: mind you, I'm not sure how agile a tree is
[Thu Jun 23 20:14:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc dc usually = Cha bonus + spell level +10
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:05 2005] : (2) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc Int bonus for a wizard.
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc he's a sorceror
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:30 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc mage
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:31 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc bleah :-P
[Thu Jun 23 20:15:45 2005] : (2) DM: The fireball scorches a few leaves and the treant shakes it's branches angrily.
[Thu Jun 23 20:16:06 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Moving trees? Whatever next"
[Thu Jun 23 20:16:16 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc brb 1 min
[Thu Jun 23 20:16:24 2005] : (2) DM: ooc mage includes sorcerers and wizards.
[Thu Jun 23 20:16:33 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc wiz then :P
[Thu Jun 23 20:16:37 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:04 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney lets go of horsey II
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: Blink Dog: Huerney taps his tuning fork and holds it up to chime... Enhanced Blink dog summoned; HP = 37; AC = 17
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:11 2005] : (3) Huerney: Blink Dog: Blink Dog uses Dimension door (free action)... 400 foot range
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:30 2005] : (3) Huerney: Blink Dog: Bite [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:43 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney then moves to attack no 1
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:51 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [6,5,6] = (17)
[Thu Jun 23 20:17:51 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [1,5,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 23 20:18:45 2005] : (2) DM: ooc ack. piercing weapon so half damage from that part but flaming weapon so double fire damage.
[Thu Jun 23 20:18:49 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc flanking too
[Thu Jun 23 20:19:12 2005] : (3) Huerney: 20 damage
[Thu Jun 23 20:19:45 2005] : (2) DM: You char a line across its bark-like skin.
[Thu Jun 23 20:19:48 2005] : (2) DM: Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 20:20:22 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Erm.
[Thu Jun 23 20:20:40 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Swing my sword at no.1
[Thu Jun 23 20:20:58 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: What size are they? (I'm assuming large or bigger)
[Thu Jun 23 20:21:02 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Jun 23 20:21:05 2005] : (2) DM: They're huge.
[Thu Jun 23 20:21:07 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, with bardsong (base): [1d20+18] -> [16,18] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+12+1d6] -> [3,4,12,5] = (24)
[Thu Jun 23 20:21:07 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, with bardsong (second): [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+12+1d6] -> [6,5,12,2] = (25)
[Thu Jun 23 20:21:35 2005] : (2) DM: Two hits.
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:13 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc can treats be set on fire?
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:24 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc dunno
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:27 2005] : (2) DM: ooc not sure.
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:28 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc I would think so
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:29 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc treants even
[Thu Jun 23 20:22:57 2005] : (2) DM: Doesn't matter. This one lets out one last curse against fire and crashes to the ground.
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:11 2005] : (2) DM: Holly?
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:12 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc Treats are called M&Ms these days :P And I imagine that peanuts and chocolate burn
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:16 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc am I in melee distance with the other?
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:33 2005] : (2) DM: ooc no
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:40 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Casting Magic missile
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:40 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc :P amazed you didn't pick up on that straight away
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:47 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Then I'll take my 5-ft step to get next to it.
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:48 2005] : (6) Hollyella: [2d4+2] -> [4,4,2] = (10)
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:55 2005] : (2) DM: Anything else.
[Thu Jun 23 20:23:56 2005] : (2) DM: ?
[Thu Jun 23 20:24:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc no
[Thu Jun 23 20:24:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Nothing else I'm allowed to do :-P
[Thu Jun 23 20:24:17 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Awwww
[Thu Jun 23 20:24:33 2005] : (2) DM: Moving, Holly?
[Thu Jun 23 20:24:58 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Backing up a bit
[Thu Jun 23 20:25:17 2005] : (2) DM: k, you can move up to 20 ft.
[Thu Jun 23 20:25:59 2005] : (2) DM: You seem to have moved closer...?
[Thu Jun 23 20:26:14 2005] : (6) Hollyella: oops? ;)
[Thu Jun 23 20:27:31 2005] : (2) Treant: The remaining treant lashes out at Tar
[Thu Jun 23 20:27:36 2005] : (2) Treant: Slam (base): [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] -> [1,3,9] = (13)
[Thu Jun 23 20:27:37 2005] : (2) Treant: Slam (base): [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+9] -> [2,5,9] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 20:27:44 2005] : (2) Treant: AC?
[Thu Jun 23 20:27:48 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: 26
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:05 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: (unless bardsong gives a modifier, which I think it doesn't)
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:12 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc nope
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:18 2005] : (2) Treant: Take 16 damage.
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:34 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev barely looks ruffled
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:41 2005] : (2) Treant: The treant takes a step back
[Thu Jun 23 20:28:59 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 20:29:10 2005] : (5) Belros: [2d6] -> [5,6] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 20:29:15 2005] : (5) Belros: (sphere)
[Thu Jun 23 20:29:51 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc whats the dmg for MM?
[Thu Jun 23 20:30:27 2005] : (5) Belros: L9 wix = 5 missiles?
[Thu Jun 23 20:30:27 2005] : (2) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Jun 23 20:30:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc 1d4+1 , one extra missile at lvl 3, 5, 7, 9
[Thu Jun 23 20:31:03 2005] : (5) Belros: [5d4+5] -> [3,3,3,3,4,5] = (21)
[Thu Jun 23 20:31:56 2005] : (2) DM: Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 20:32:06 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc me next
[Thu Jun 23 20:32:44 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney, sorry.
[Thu Jun 23 20:32:48 2005] : (3) Huerney: Blink Dog: Blink Dog uses Dimension door (free action)... 400 foot range
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:06 2005] : (3) Huerney: Blink Dog: Bite [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:16 2005] : (2) DM: Miss
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [6,5,4] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [1,5,6] = (12)
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:37 2005] : (3) Huerney: 16 dam
[Thu Jun 23 20:33:50 2005] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc flanking
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:12 2005] : (2) DM: I know.
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: ok
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:22 2005] : (2) DM: Tar's turn.
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:26 2005] : (3) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:35 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: 5ft step, then my full attack
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:45 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, with bardsong (base): [1d20+18] -> [1,18] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+12+1d6] -> [4,5,12,3] = (24)
[Thu Jun 23 20:34:45 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, with bardsong (second): [1d20+13] -> [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+12+1d6] -> [1,4,12,1] = (18)
[Thu Jun 23 20:35:19 2005] : (2) DM: Now this is where I get confused. Does Tar get the flank bonus?
[Thu Jun 23 20:35:32 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Ooc I think so.
[Thu Jun 23 20:35:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: I think that the enemy is flanked, so yes
[Thu Jun 23 20:35:57 2005] : (2) DM: Two solid hits. Timber!
[Thu Jun 23 20:36:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 20:36:09 2005] : (5) Belros: to confuse it more, does my sphere also give a flanking bonus to other people?
[Thu Jun 23 20:36:15 2005] : (6) Hollyella: That was short, but sweet :)
[Thu Jun 23 20:36:26 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc first one's a miss - natural 1
[Thu Jun 23 20:36:47 2005] : (2) DM: ooc doh. Silly me.
[Thu Jun 23 20:37:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: :-)
[Thu Jun 23 20:37:08 2005] : (2) DM: It's till dead.
[Thu Jun 23 20:37:10 2005] : (2) DM: still
[Thu Jun 23 20:37:42 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Are you OK Shev? You took quite a whack there!"
[Thu Jun 23 20:37:57 2005] : (5) Belros: "I TOLD you there was something odd about these trees"
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:01 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney gives Tar Shevran a looking over
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:12 2005] : (2) DM: ooc "DM: You see some dangerous looking trees. Players: Oooo. Let's ride right underneath them!"
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:22 2005] : (3) Huerney: "hold still a second"
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:24 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Just a bruise. I can wait for healing if need be."
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [5,5] = (10)." )
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:41 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc 'tis but a scratch' lol
[Thu Jun 23 20:38:48 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at the fallen trees
[Thu Jun 23 20:39:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "That's very nearly healed all the injury; thankyou.
[Thu Jun 23 20:39:19 2005] : (3) Huerney: "You should heal the rest overnight. If I have any spells left this evening, I can heal you some more"
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:00 2005] : (3) Huerney: "So looks like the stories of tree people were right"
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:38 2005] : (5) Belros: "Indeed they were. I wonder how many innocent travellers have been slain at this spot"
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:39 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Tree people?"
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:45 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I'll have to incorporate those into my knowledge"
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:53 2005] : (2) DM: 2000 XP each.
[Thu Jun 23 20:40:55 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Which stories? My homeland has broad plains, and few forests - particularly not any this ancient."
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:10 2005] : (3) Huerney: "To be honest, i think it was the flaming weaponry that made them attack"
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:15 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc can we fight 2 more? I could level up!
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:19 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc 2k each??
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:28 2005] : (2) DM: ooc that's what the book says...
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:37 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc wow
[Thu Jun 23 20:41:47 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Not too shabby :)
[Thu Jun 23 20:42:04 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc might've been harder without fire-boy though
[Thu Jun 23 20:42:48 2005] : (2) DM: They couldn't use their most powerful abilty: Animate tree. You'd have been fighting 6 trees then.
[Thu Jun 23 20:43:04 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc none near them?
[Thu Jun 23 20:43:16 2005] : (2) DM: Nope. You're not by the forest remember.
[Thu Jun 23 20:43:57 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc 6 would've been.... fun ;)
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:03 2005] : (2) DM: Going to continue along the trail?
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I'd expect them to be by the woods normally"
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:07 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "They were easier to defeat than I would have thought. They never laid a hand .... errr ... branch on us"
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:30 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Did they have any treasure?"
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney searches around
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:42 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Jun 23 20:44:48 2005] : (3) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 20:45:04 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 20:45:38 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Search Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [14,0] = (14)
[Thu Jun 23 20:46:14 2005] : (2) DM: You don't find anything. In fact this stretch of road is just like all the rest. There's nothing to indicate that these Treants made a habit of lurking here.
[Thu Jun 23 20:46:15 2005] : (5) Belros: Search Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Jun 23 20:46:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Maybe like you say, someone else got clobbered"
[Thu Jun 23 20:46:53 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I can't find anything though, anyone else had any luck?"
[Thu Jun 23 20:46:53 2005] : ** (1) Tar Shevran found the F2 macro key **
[Thu Jun 23 20:47:05 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Nothing here. Shall we ride on?"
[Thu Jun 23 20:47:09 2005] : (5) Belros: "Perhaps they wander around, or perhaps they were placed here intentionally for us to encounter"
[Thu Jun 23 20:47:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Seems a bit odd. Unless the elves sent them"
[Thu Jun 23 20:47:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney mounts Horsey and is ready to continue
[Thu Jun 23 20:48:06 2005] : (5) Belros: "I doubt we shall ever know"
[Thu Jun 23 20:48:17 2005] : (5) Belros: "Let us continue"
[Thu Jun 23 20:48:21 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "At least it probably wasn't the witch, she doesn't seem to be a friend of trees"
[Thu Jun 23 20:48:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: "No indeed Holly"
[Thu Jun 23 20:48:59 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc we going East or West??
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:11 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc East, I think.
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:29 2005] : (2) DM: North!
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:31 2005] : (5) Belros: north-east I though
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:48 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc To the right of the map ;)
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:52 2005] : (5) Belros: oh yes, that easterly North on the map
[Thu Jun 23 20:49:55 2005] : (2) DM: Note north arrow
[Thu Jun 23 20:50:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc oh yeah!
[Thu Jun 23 20:51:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Still riding...
[Thu Jun 23 20:51:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Onwards then"
[Thu Jun 23 20:51:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella rides on
[Thu Jun 23 20:53:17 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros follows
[Thu Jun 23 20:53:42 2005] : (2) DM: You ride onwards. Dusk is now only hour or so away.
[Thu Jun 23 20:54:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks at the gathering gloom
[Thu Jun 23 20:54:44 2005] : (5) Belros: "I think we should be making camp soon"
[Thu Jun 23 20:54:59 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Sounds like a good idea"
[Thu Jun 23 20:55:02 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I agree."
[Thu Jun 23 20:55:24 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Let's find a stream then and NO trees" Hollyella grins
[Thu Jun 23 20:55:24 2005] : (5) Belros: "You seem to be having trouble seeing, Huerney"
[Thu Jun 23 20:55:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Anyone any good a selecting a reasonable camping spot? I'm hopeless at that"
[Thu Jun 23 20:55:32 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I do not need much sleep; I am happy to take the majority of the watch duty."
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc he's human yeah?
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:24 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc yeah, but Ring of Sustenance.
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:29 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc ah
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:36 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc only need 2 hours sleep; don't need food/water.
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:52 2005] : (3) Huerney: "You'll not be much use against the witch if you are exhausted"
[Thu Jun 23 20:56:55 2005] : (5) Belros: "I noticed this when we accompanied the elves, yet you appear human"
[Thu Jun 23 20:57:06 2005] : (3) Huerney: "don't try to overdo things"
[Thu Jun 23 20:57:31 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "And you're not watching alone either, two see more than one"
[Thu Jun 23 20:58:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: "unfortunately, I on the other hand need a good night's sleep to get my powers back"
[Thu Jun 23 20:58:29 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Speaking of which, I may as well finish off healing you."
[Thu Jun 23 20:58:35 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I'm happy to share the job, but when I was promoted to Lieutenant in the Flameguard, the symbol of that was this ring."
[Thu Jun 23 20:59:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: "that way, if you are attacked during the night you will be at full capacity"
[Thu Jun 23 20:59:10 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [8,5] = (13)." )
[Thu Jun 23 20:59:28 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev shows a signet ring which is made of gold, with red enameled flames "It provides food, water and helps with sleep."
[Thu Jun 23 20:59:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: Heal Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [12,-2] = (10)
[Thu Jun 23 20:59:51 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Are you still injured?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:00:03 2005] : (5) Belros: "Interesting, and it allows you to last for long periods without sleep?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:00:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "No, I believe not. Not even a stiff muscle. And believe me, you will not sleep for long once I begin shouting, if it becomes necessary!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:00:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Well, i'd hate to miss a great captain in action"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:04 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney sets up his gear wherever we choose to camp
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:10 2005] : (5) Belros: "We should leave the road and camp a little to the side"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:20 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I'll have to get me one of those rings"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:45 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Ah, the Captain's Ring is the one on the other hand!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:50 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "They sound like a lot of fum: party all night and fight all day"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:52 2005] : (3) Huerney: "they sound most useful"
[Thu Jun 23 21:01:55 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc does that reduce the rest required for bards spells?
[Thu Jun 23 21:02:04 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc I think so
[Thu Jun 23 21:02:12 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev seems relaxed, talking about his military service
[Thu Jun 23 21:02:43 2005] : (2) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 23 21:03:03 2005] : (5) Belros: "You seem quite proud of your rank and service, and yet here you are with us"
[Thu Jun 23 21:03:54 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "You make it sound like that's nothing to be proud about"
[Thu Jun 23 21:03:57 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I had to leave. There were... political problems, and I could no longer serve with a clear conscience."
[Thu Jun 23 21:04:40 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "That happens"
[Thu Jun 23 21:04:45 2005] : (5) Belros: "Ah, politics. The bane of many civilisations"
[Thu Jun 23 21:05:11 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Aye. It is a proud country, and a beautiful one."
[Thu Jun 23 21:05:32 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I have to say that my experience of organised military is not good"
[Thu Jun 23 21:06:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: "my father served for many years under a lord, but was left destitute when his campaigning days were over"
[Thu Jun 23 21:06:25 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I rode into battle with the Black Company of the Flameguard, and armies fled at our coming. I stood as ceremonial guard to foreign and native dignitaries. My pride is for my men, though - they were fine soldiers, every one."
[Thu Jun 23 21:06:28 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Organisations of any kind can be a pain"
[Thu Jun 23 21:07:33 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "It was one of my soldiers who caused my departure - he fell in love with a girl of higher Place, and would have been executed if I had not smashed his shackles."
[Thu Jun 23 21:08:27 2005] : (5) Belros: "A slightly harsh penalty for falling in love, I fear"
[Thu Jun 23 21:08:31 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Killed for falling in love? Why?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:09:32 2005] : (3) Huerney: ""See, those in *high station*"
[Thu Jun 23 21:09:52 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney emphasises the statement
[Thu Jun 23 21:10:05 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "It is an ancient and proud society, and Place is considered very important. I could not change the social structure of an entire land, and it would be foolish to risk all that is good about the country."
[Thu Jun 23 21:10:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Always bringing trouble to the common man"
[Thu Jun 23 21:10:14 2005] : (5) Belros: "I assume she didn't feel the same way"
[Thu Jun 23 21:10:35 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "She did. Had she been discovered, she would have been executed also."
[Thu Jun 23 21:10:53 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Like that wretched duke"
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:01 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "So how did they discover him but not her?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "They are now living as tenant farmers on a small estate. They are happy."
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:27 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev grins "A young man in love is a fool. He is not concerned with subtlety!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:28 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc reminded of a great Simpsons quote "It started out like Romeo and Juliet, but ended up in tragedy"
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:33 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:50 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 21:11:50 2005] : (3) Huerney: "This place sounds far too ordered for me"
[Thu Jun 23 21:12:14 2005] : (5) Belros: "I feel you were correct to leave regardless of the situation"
[Thu Jun 23 21:12:30 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "You can alwasy AROUND the rules, of course"
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I could not let one of my men, my charges, go to the gallows for love."
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:08 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:18 2005] : (3) Huerney: "And good on you that you didn't"
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:34 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I could not ask any of them to leave their life for him, either. I only regret that I could not stay to watch over the rest."
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:37 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Honour is more than obedience to the law"
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Anyway, i guess if I'm going to get my rest, I should try sleeping"
[Thu Jun 23 21:13:58 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Indeed it is. Without consideration of the law, though, it is empty."
[Thu Jun 23 21:14:10 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Besides, a lot of laws and rules are just plain stupid"
[Thu Jun 23 21:14:19 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Wake me for the last shift"
[Thu Jun 23 21:14:27 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev starts guarding the camp, pacing back and forth.
[Thu Jun 23 21:14:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney climbs into his tent and tries to sleep as the others chat
[Thu Jun 23 21:14:43 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I'll take the first, I need my rest as well"
[Thu Jun 23 21:15:33 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Jun 23 21:15:49 2005] : (5) Belros: "I will ward the road to the north, just in case
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:03 2005] : (2) DM: What wards?
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:08 2005] : (5) Belros: Beros walks to the north for a little and casts
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:11 2005] : (5) Belros: just alarm
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:33 2005] : (5) Belros: centred on the road, 150ft N of our position
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:53 2005] : (2) DM: k
[Thu Jun 23 21:16:55 2005] : (5) Belros: 25ft radius
[Thu Jun 23 21:17:26 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+24] -> [14,24] = (38)
[Thu Jun 23 21:17:49 2005] : (2) DM: What are the watches for the night?
[Thu Jun 23 21:18:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: I'm on until 2 hours before dawn.
[Thu Jun 23 21:18:15 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Me and Tar first
[Thu Jun 23 21:18:33 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Huerney last
[Thu Jun 23 21:18:52 2005] : (5) Belros: I'll watch with huerney
[Thu Jun 23 21:19:10 2005] : (2) DM: k
[Thu Jun 23 21:19:49 2005] : (2) DM: Later that night whilst Huerney and Tar are on watch...
[Thu Jun 23 21:19:59 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Zzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:03 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+20] -> [20,20] = (40)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:18 2005] : (2) DM: Spot and listen checks, for both of you.
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:25 2005] : (5) Belros: its Me and Huerney
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:27 2005] : (3) Huerney: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [3,-2] = (1)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [10,-2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:39 2005] : (5) Belros: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:41 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:41 2005] : (5) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 21:20:45 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Jun 23 21:21:13 2005] : (2) DM: low-light vision anyone?
[Thu Jun 23 21:21:25 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc not me
[Thu Jun 23 21:21:57 2005] : (5) Belros: me
[Thu Jun 23 21:22:07 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc nope.
[Thu Jun 23 21:23:06 2005] : (6) Hollyella: I do
[Thu Jun 23 21:24:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Whats that over there"
[Thu Jun 23 21:24:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Where?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:24:15 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros points to the West
[Thu Jun 23 21:24:32 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney unsheathes his sword
[Thu Jun 23 21:24:45 2005] : (5) Belros: "About 75ft away"
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:00 2005] : (2) DM: You don't see anything moving anymore.
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I can't see anything Belros"
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:12 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+24] -> [13,24] = (37)
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:17 2005] : (2) DM: Spot checks.
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:20 2005] : (5) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Jun 23 21:25:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [17,-2] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 21:26:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Where abouts was it?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:26:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Whatever it was?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:26:59 2005] : (5) Belros: belros casts Flare around where he saw the movement
[Thu Jun 23 21:27:28 2005] : (2) DM: Is that for the light?
[Thu Jun 23 21:27:32 2005] : (5) Belros: or as close as he can
[Thu Jun 23 21:27:49 2005] : (5) Belros: yeah, burst of bright light
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:04 2005] : (5) Belros: up in the air slightly
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:21 2005] : (5) Belros: thinking like a normal army-type flare
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:32 2005] : (2) DM: You see something briefly in the light. Low down, a sort of rounded hump.
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:33 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc is it noisy?
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:33 2005] : ** (5) Belros grasps at straws **
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:53 2005] : (2) DM: Then the light temporarily ruins you night vision and you can't see a thing.
[Thu Jun 23 21:28:53 2005] : (5) Belros: "There, did you see it?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:04 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Hmm, hold on"
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:16 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney picks up a stone
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Light ( level 0, "Object shines like a torch." )
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:33 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney throws it where the flare went
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:56 2005] : (3) Huerney: Ranged Touch Attack (base): [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d0+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 23 21:29:56 2005] : (3) Huerney: Ranged Touch Attack (second): [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d0+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jun 23 21:31:26 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev snores once, loudly
[Thu Jun 23 21:31:55 2005] : (2) DM: As you toss the lit stone you see a crouched figure. and a knife flashing in the light and aimed straight at you.
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:05 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+16] -> [4,16] = (20)
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:11 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Aaargh!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:13 2005] : (2) DM: AC without Dex?
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:16 2005] : (3) Huerney: 20
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:23 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella turns and mutters something
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:50 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I don't like this +16 affair!
[Thu Jun 23 21:32:53 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc I take it we're awake now?
[Thu Jun 23 21:33:10 2005] : (2) DM: ooc Feeling really stupid today. That would make it a hit wouldn't it?
[Thu Jun 23 21:33:11 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc yeah, +16's are rarely good
[Thu Jun 23 21:33:20 2005] : (3) Huerney: yes
[Thu Jun 23 21:33:24 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc yes, DM, it would :-P
[Thu Jun 23 21:34:02 2005] : (2) DM: Take [1d6+2] -> [3,2] = (5) damage.
[Thu Jun 23 21:34:22 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc meiow, meiow henry :P
[Thu Jun 23 21:34:44 2005] : (2) DM: ooc forgot about range increments. one moment.
[Thu Jun 23 21:35:30 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I like cats :-)
[Thu Jun 23 21:36:44 2005] : (2) DM: ooc He's 40 ft away. That's 4x the range increment of a dagger...
[Thu Jun 23 21:36:50 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc 12 to hit for every 15 ft IIRc
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc minus 2 to hit for every 15 ft IIRc
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:06 2005] : (2) DM: The dagger whistle past your ear.
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:15 2005] : (3) Huerney: "What the!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:21 2005] : (2) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:29 2005] : (3) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:32 2005] : (5) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:33 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc 11
[Thu Jun 23 21:37:42 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Jun 23 21:38:02 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jun 23 21:38:06 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc you still sleeping Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 21:38:22 2005] : (2) DM: Only Belros and Huerney are awake at the moment.
[Thu Jun 23 21:39:15 2005] : (2) DM: The crouched figure springs him and dashes for Huerney drawing a rapier as he goes.
[Thu Jun 23 21:39:44 2005] : (2) DM: He (or possibly she) is dressed head to toe in black. With a black hooded cloak and mask.
[Thu Jun 23 21:39:55 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+18] -> [1,18] = (19)
[Thu Jun 23 21:39:58 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc aargh niinja!
[Thu Jun 23 21:40:08 2005] : (2) DM: He stumbles and misses.
[Thu Jun 23 21:40:22 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc too.....many.....cliches....... ;)
[Thu Jun 23 21:41:03 2005] : (2) DM: ooc shut up ;)
[Thu Jun 23 21:41:09 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 21:41:54 2005] : (5) Belros: cast flaming sphere again
[Thu Jun 23 21:41:59 2005] : (5) Belros: and back away
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:20 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Zzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:29 2005] : (2) DM: Sphere damage?
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:32 2005] : (5) Belros: and shout LOUDLY
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:37 2005] : (5) Belros: [2d6] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:40 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+17] -> [19,17] = (36)
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:47 2005] : (5) Belros: sphere also illuminates the area like a torch
[Thu Jun 23 21:42:53 2005] : (2) DM: I think he made his save.
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:05 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella sits up "What's wrong?"
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:07 2005] : (5) Belros: mmmm you think?
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:12 2005] : (2) DM: You awake everyone. They'll get to act next round.
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:17 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:33 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney backs 5 ft
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:39 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc I knew it would miss him, but at least heurney can see what he's fighting
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:39 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mirror Image ( level 2, "Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1/three levels, max 8). [1d4+3] -> [3,3] = (6) Images created." )
[Thu Jun 23 21:43:56 2005] : (3) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 23 21:44:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Hey, attack!!"
[Thu Jun 23 21:44:26 2005] : (3) Huerney: "wake up"
[Thu Jun 23 21:44:35 2005] : (2) DM: How far did you back away, Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 21:44:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I'm not happy about this guy's DEX mod!
[Thu Jun 23 21:44:53 2005] : (5) Belros: as far as possible. 5ft?
[Thu Jun 23 21:45:19 2005] : (2) DM: Hmmm. Is directing the sphere move-equiv then?
[Thu Jun 23 21:45:51 2005] : (5) Belros: yup
[Thu Jun 23 21:46:27 2005] : (2) DM: The figure steps forwards and makes two lightening fast strikes at Belros.
[Thu Jun 23 21:46:41 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35), [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Thu Jun 23 21:46:50 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc shit
[Thu Jun 23 21:46:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc /me puts his head in his hands!
[Thu Jun 23 21:47:02 2005] : (2) DM: One hit for [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8) damage.
[Thu Jun 23 21:47:42 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc room for another head in there?
[Thu Jun 23 21:47:43 2005] : (2) DM: Could be a critical actually.
[Thu Jun 23 21:47:48 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+15] -> [9,15] = (24)
[Thu Jun 23 21:47:57 2005] : (2) DM: One hit for [2d6+4] -> [1,2,4] = (7) damage.
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:09 2005] : (2) DM: ooc bah. That made it worse.
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:18 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Awwww
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:33 2005] : (2) DM: Holly, you awake to the sounds of shouting and a fight.
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:34 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc now THATS comedy!
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:41 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 23 21:48:57 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Casting mage armour upon myself
[Thu Jun 23 21:49:17 2005] : (6) Hollyella: And grabbing my bow
[Thu Jun 23 21:49:37 2005] : (2) DM: k.
[Thu Jun 23 21:49:39 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 21:49:54 2005] : (5) Belros: MM
[Thu Jun 23 21:50:08 2005] : (5) Belros: [5d4+5] -> [1,4,4,2,3,5] = (19)
[Thu Jun 23 21:50:09 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc back
[Thu Jun 23 21:50:53 2005] : (2) DM: Waste of time rolling damage for the sphere, yes?
[Thu Jun 23 21:50:58 2005] : (5) Belros: yup
[Thu Jun 23 21:51:17 2005] : (5) Belros: can't acually hit him at all - DC15
[Thu Jun 23 21:51:22 2005] : (2) DM: Moving?
[Thu Jun 23 21:51:36 2005] : (5) Belros: backing away again I guess
[Thu Jun 23 21:51:47 2005] : (5) Belros: but does sphere give flanking bonus?
[Thu Jun 23 21:52:05 2005] : (2) DM: no
[Thu Jun 23 21:52:21 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 23 21:52:24 2005] : (5) Belros: he probably can't be flanked anyway
[Thu Jun 23 21:52:44 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc I never moved last time (on the map)
[Thu Jun 23 21:52:59 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Sound Burst ( level 2, "Deals 1d8 [1d8] -> [3] = (3) sonic damage to subjects; may stun them for 1 round (Will save to avoid)" )
[Thu Jun 23 21:53:06 2005] : (3) Huerney: dc 15
[Thu Jun 23 21:53:22 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Thu Jun 23 21:53:56 2005] : (3) Huerney: Step between guy and Belros
[Thu Jun 23 21:54:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: Done
[Thu Jun 23 21:54:40 2005] : (2) DM: Tar, you're awake.
[Thu Jun 23 21:54:44 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Woo!
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: I'm going to grab sword and shield, and attempt to mount my horse quickly (DC20 ride check)
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:08 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22)
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:20 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: OK, can I charge this round?
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:39 2005] : (2) DM: No.
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:49 2005] : (5) Belros: oco horse would be tied up anyway
[Thu Jun 23 21:55:59 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:15 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc quick-release hitch; he's an experienced cavalryman
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:30 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:33 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: OK, I'm on horseback, with sword and shield, ready to charge next turn.
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:41 2005] : (2) DM: The rapier flicks out again.
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:48 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+15] -> [11,15] = (26)
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:49 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc fixing a shield is a move equiv action
[Thu Jun 23 21:56:57 2005] : (2) DM: How many images, Huerney?
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:01 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc Well, I've had a whole round :-)
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: 6 + me
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:07 2005] : (2) DM: [1d7] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:15 2005] : (2) DM: It hits you.
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:29 2005] : (2) DM: [1d6+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc damn you DM ;)
[Thu Jun 23 21:57:46 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Drat
[Thu Jun 23 21:58:26 2005] : (2) DM: The figure says something in elvish and turns and bounds away.
[Thu Jun 23 21:58:34 2005] : (2) DM: Anyone understand elvish?
[Thu Jun 23 21:58:40 2005] : (5) Belros: me
[Thu Jun 23 21:58:49 2005] : (6) Hollyella: And me
[Thu Jun 23 21:58:50 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Ow, that's not supposed to happen"
[Thu Jun 23 21:59:12 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney, you get an AoO.
[Thu Jun 23 21:59:16 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Hmm"
[Thu Jun 23 21:59:24 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [4,3,1] = (8)
[Thu Jun 23 21:59:24 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,2] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 21:59:33 2005] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 23 22:00:15 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Shouting in Elven: "Who can do her own dirty work?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:00:17 2005] : (2) DM: Holly, the elf is now 30 ft away and moving away rapidly.
[Thu Jun 23 22:00:36 2005] : (6) Hollyella: That's why I am shouting :)
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:05 2005] : (2) DM: It's your turn.
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:25 2005] : (6) Hollyella: H shoot at her
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:27 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:33 2005] : (2) DM: miss
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:40 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 22:01:57 2005] : (2) DM: Holly, where you going to move, also?
[Thu Jun 23 22:02:04 2005] : (5) Belros: still 30ft?
[Thu Jun 23 22:02:08 2005] : (2) DM: Yes.
[Thu Jun 23 22:02:33 2005] : (5) Belros: cast slow DC16
[Thu Jun 23 22:02:47 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc dammit, that was my next move!
[Thu Jun 23 22:02:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc you've got backup :-)
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:04 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc too slow :P
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:10 2005] : (2) DM: Will save?
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:15 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:24 2005] : (5) Belros: yeah :(
[Thu Jun 23 22:03:45 2005] : (2) DM: Belros, anything else?
[Thu Jun 23 22:04:14 2005] : (5) Belros: send useless sphere after him/her
[Thu Jun 23 22:04:18 2005] : (2) DM: k
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:16 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Haste ( level 3, "Extra partial action and +4 AC." )
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:47 2005] : (3) Huerney: Finessed Flaming Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,1] = (9)
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:47 2005] : (3) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6+1d6] -> [6,5,6,4] = (21)
[Thu Jun 23 22:05:58 2005] : (3) Huerney: 1st only
[Thu Jun 23 22:06:07 2005] : (2) DM: A hit.
[Thu Jun 23 22:06:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: don
[Thu Jun 23 22:06:35 2005] : (2) DM: Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 22:06:35 2005] : (3) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Charging. First attack only.
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, mounted charge (base): [1d20+19] -> [19,19] = (38) ===> Damage: [4d6+21+1d6] -> [3,1,4,6,21,4] = (39)
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Critical hit? [1d20+19] -> [15,19] = (34) ===> Damage: [8d6+42+1d6] -> [3,1,5,3,1,2,5,5,42,5] = (72)
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: +1 Flaming Greatsword, mounted charge (second): [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29) ===> Damage: [4d6+21+1d6] -> [1,1,3,1,21,2] = (29)
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:42 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc OMG!
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:46 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc :-)
[Thu Jun 23 22:07:58 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Not at all bad
[Thu Jun 23 22:08:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc this is why they're an elite cavalry unit - about 100 of them, all about this level.
[Thu Jun 23 22:08:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc continuing movement past (using ride-by attack)
[Thu Jun 23 22:08:50 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Welcome to the neighbourhood, Tar :)
[Thu Jun 23 22:08:54 2005] : (2) DM: You sweep your sword and decapitate the fleeing person sending the head flying, long hair streaming out as it flys through the head. It hits the ground with a thump and it rolls a bit.
[Thu Jun 23 22:09:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc Huerney waves as Tar spatters him with blood
[Thu Jun 23 22:09:40 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev brings his horse under control
[Thu Jun 23 22:09:45 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros stares as the head goes flying off
[Thu Jun 23 22:10:26 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros moves over to the corpse
[Thu Jun 23 22:10:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks at the corpse at his feet
[Thu Jun 23 22:10:36 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella runs over to the body to search it
[Thu Jun 23 22:10:43 2005] : (2) DM: ooc x4 damage looks wrong btw. if it's x2 for mounted charge and x2 for critical it's only x3 in total.
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Did you hear what she said when she ran off?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:12 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc that would be OpenRPG. You are correct; it's "only" about 50 damage.
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:24 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney looks at the head a good 15 feet away
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:43 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev cleans his sword on the grass
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:45 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Yes, she said: she can do her own dirty work"
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:46 2005] : (2) DM: It's a elven woman.
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:49 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I heard Elvish, that's it"
[Thu Jun 23 22:11:50 2005] : (5) Belros: " 'She can so her own dirty work' "
[Thu Jun 23 22:12:05 2005] : (5) Belros: "Question is, who is the She?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:12:33 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Someone else who wants us dead"
[Thu Jun 23 22:12:47 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Maybe the elven queen?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Damn. I'll never get used to killing women."
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:00 2005] : (3) Huerney: "but I'm guessing that this assassin had changed her mind and was about to leave us alone"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:01 2005] : (5) Belros: "We know of two 'She''s with an interest in us"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:20 2005] : (3) Huerney: "There's no difference Shev"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:22 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "And one of them has her own creatures and loves the cold"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:37 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Holly here is as much an adventurer as I am"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: "and Ayhlanne far more so"
[Thu Jun 23 22:13:57 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Depends on culture, Huerney. In my country, it's mostly men in the army; the women tend to be the spellcasters and healers."
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:03 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella grins at Huerney
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:20 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Well, you're not in the army now"
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:29 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I appreciate where you are coming from, and if it's your cultural bias, I respect it"
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:36 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hollyella searches the body
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:37 2005] : (5) Belros: "A spell can be as dangerous as a sword"
[Thu Jun 23 22:14:38 2005] : (3) Huerney: "but our enemies
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:00 2005] : (3) Huerney: "will come in both sexes, so I hope that you can adapt"
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:23 2005] : (2) DM: ooc In the civilized part of the world (which you're in) men and women have equal roles.
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:25 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I can kill, but I don't have to like it. I hope I never come to like it."
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I'm a foreigner :-P
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:38 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 22:15:58 2005] : (3) Huerney: "it's not often that we've had to kill humanoids"
[Thu Jun 23 22:16:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc can I take that to be "equal in status, different in detail"?
[Thu Jun 23 22:16:08 2005] : (2) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Jun 23 22:16:10 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "There should be no joy in killing, but it is sometimes necessary"
[Thu Jun 23 22:16:35 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I disagree in some respects Holly"
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:00 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:04 2005] : (5) Belros: "If someone is taking joy in killing, then I will take joy in killing them"
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:10 2005] : (3) Huerney: "there is great reknown to be won, and of course vanquishing evil is always to be gloried in"
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:12 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "In what respect, Huerney?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:38 2005] : (2) DM: As you stand around talking...
[Thu Jun 23 22:17:53 2005] : (2) DM: A volley of many arrows falls from the sky.
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:00 2005] : (3) Huerney: "The very source of my powers is the tales of heroism and..."
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Whoah!"
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:10 2005] : (5) Belros: "What the...?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:18 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Shit!"
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:28 2005] : (2) DM: Everyone is struck by at least one for. 1d6 damage each.
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:46 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:50 2005] : (5) Belros: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:53 2005] : (6) Hollyella: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:54 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc DM hates us talking after kills :(
[Thu Jun 23 22:18:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:19 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:21 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc it's a bit of a sign of overconfidence; we should have secured the area.
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:31 2005] : (2) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:37 2005] : (5) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:46 2005] : (3) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Thu Jun 23 22:19:52 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc 25
[Thu Jun 23 22:20:05 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu Jun 23 22:20:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc lost how many rounds there?? About 4?
[Thu Jun 23 22:20:23 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Thu Jun 23 22:20:30 2005] : (2) DM: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Jun 23 22:21:03 2005] : (2) DM: Looking around you see many dozens of arrows sticking into the ground.
[Thu Jun 23 22:21:41 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney, your turn.
[Thu Jun 23 22:21:55 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc I assume that the volley did for some/all of my images?
[Thu Jun 23 22:22:12 2005] : (2) DM: Good point. [1d7] -> [5] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 22:22:29 2005] : (2) DM: One image is gone.
[Thu Jun 23 22:22:49 2005] : (3) Huerney: can I see anything other than the arrows?
[Thu Jun 23 22:23:43 2005] : (2) DM: They can from the trees. It's too dark to see anything under the canopy.
[Thu Jun 23 22:24:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "We need light!"
[Thu Jun 23 22:24:23 2005] : (3) Huerney: Casts Summon Monster III - Fiendish Dire Bat: 30hp; Damage reduction 5/magic; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC = 20; SR = 8; Blindsight, Darkvision

[Thu Jun 23 22:24:44 2005] : (3) Huerney: Move it to the woods to attack anything it sees
[Thu Jun 23 22:24:51 2005] : (2) DM: okay. Roll for attack.
[Thu Jun 23 22:25:03 2005] : (3) Huerney: Fiendish Dire Bat: Bite [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jun 23 22:25:50 2005] : (2) DM: You hear a yell from the forest.
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:02 2005] : (3) Huerney: "hah!"
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I SO nearly chose blind-fight instead of quick draw...
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:24 2005] : (3) Huerney: I move away from the group 30 feet and ready an attack action
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:35 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc sideways
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:45 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc sill hasted
[Thu Jun 23 22:26:57 2005] : (3) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 23 22:27:25 2005] : (2) DM: Forest is at the top of the map again.
[Thu Jun 23 22:27:38 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 22:28:42 2005] : (5) Belros: casting fireball at the edge of the forest
[Thu Jun 23 22:28:56 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc althoguht I may regret this at some point...
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:16 2005] : (5) Belros: [9d6] -> [2,4,3,5,4,2,4,1,3] = (28)
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:23 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc the whole damn lot's gonna BURN!
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:31 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:33 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:36 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc damn forests
[Thu Jun 23 22:29:58 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc hope that there hasn't been a drought lately!
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:00 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc dont attack a wizard if you dont want to burn
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:01 2005] : (2) DM: FWOOMPH! You hear several screams.
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:30 2005] : (2) DM: Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:37 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Can I see anyone?
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:53 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: (Other than the good guys :-)
[Thu Jun 23 22:30:58 2005] : (2) DM: You saw some charred bodies illuminated by the fireball.
[Thu Jun 23 22:31:21 2005] : (2) DM: No one else.
[Thu Jun 23 22:31:41 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: I'm going to ready an attack action, then.
[Thu Jun 23 22:31:49 2005] : (2) DM: k
[Thu Jun 23 22:31:56 2005] : (2) DM: Holly?
[Thu Jun 23 22:32:06 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc I'm not bothering with the "guide mount with knees" ride checks, 'cos they're DC5 and I've got 13 ranks.
[Thu Jun 23 22:32:26 2005] : (2) DM: ooc that's what I assumed.
[Thu Jun 23 22:32:28 2005] : (6) Hollyella: I'm going over there to take a look
[Thu Jun 23 22:32:33 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [10,19] = (29)
[Thu Jun 23 22:32:38 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Thu Jun 23 22:33:16 2005] : (2) DM: You can only move at a walk if doing it silently. The forest is about 80 ft away (now 60 ft).
[Thu Jun 23 22:33:47 2005] : (6) Hollyella: OK, np
[Thu Jun 23 22:34:11 2005] : (2) DM: Another volley of arrows. All take another [1d6] -> [4] = (4) damage. Except Holly who's hiding.
[Thu Jun 23 22:34:58 2005] : (2) DM: Then you here the sounds of many people moving swiftly through the forests away from you.
[Thu Jun 23 22:35:02 2005] : (2) DM: [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
[Thu Jun 23 22:35:14 2005] : (2) DM: The arrow hits you Huerney.
[Thu Jun 23 22:35:22 2005] : (3) Huerney: 'k
[Thu Jun 23 22:35:29 2005] : (2) DM: Huerney, your turn.
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:05 2005] : (3) Huerney: Bat follows and attacks if poss
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: Fiendish Dire Bat: Bite [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:21 2005] : (3) Huerney: and bites itself
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:45 2005] : (2) DM: Viciously attacks...a leaf.
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:53 2005] : (3) Huerney: I'll double mode 60 foot and take a look at what I can see
[Thu Jun 23 22:36:58 2005] : (3) Huerney: mode = move
[Thu Jun 23 22:37:46 2005] : (2) DM: At 20ft you can make out the trees and the dense undergrowth underneath. As you look the trees seem to grown closer together and the undergrowth thickens.
[Thu Jun 23 22:37:55 2005] : (2) DM: Belros?
[Thu Jun 23 22:38:12 2005] : (3) Huerney: Ready attack in case anyone is that stupid
[Thu Jun 23 22:38:33 2005] : (5) Belros: activate boots of speed and move over towards Huerney
[Thu Jun 23 22:38:59 2005] : (2) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Jun 23 22:39:23 2005] : (5) Belros: mmm deactivate boots again
[Thu Jun 23 22:39:46 2005] : (2) DM: Tar?
[Thu Jun 23 22:40:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Hmm.
[Thu Jun 23 22:40:35 2005] : (6) Hollyella: Charge them ;)
[Thu Jun 23 22:40:36 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "Get away from the forest; if we're out of bowshot, they'll have to chase!"
[Thu Jun 23 22:40:52 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: I ride (a single move) away from the trees.
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:06 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc Don Quixote charged at Windmills, not trees :P
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:18 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:18 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Readying an attack, of course.
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:23 2005] : (2) DM: There are no further volleys of arrows.
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:28 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc: not that I'm not charging :-)
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:39 2005] : (2) DM: ooc end of combat
[Thu Jun 23 22:41:57 2005] : (5) Belros: Belros sinks to one knee in pain
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:16 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney wanders back to the corpse when he sees that they've gone
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Umm, are you OK Belros?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:36 2005] : (3) Huerney: How badly damaged are you?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:43 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: Shev rides over to act as cover
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:47 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc Did I find anything on the body when I searched it earlier?
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:54 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc 17hp down
[Thu Jun 23 22:42:57 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc dmaged?? injured!
[Thu Jun 23 22:43:17 2005] : (5) Belros: "it may only be a scratch to you, but it still hurts"
[Thu Jun 23 22:43:22 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [5,5] = (10)." )
[Thu Jun 23 22:43:32 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [7,5] = (12)." )
[Thu Jun 23 22:43:47 2005] : (2) DM: ooc Um. I missed the bit where you searched her.
[Thu Jun 23 22:43:54 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I never said anything"
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:06 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc It was when we started our conversation, DM
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:11 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Are you hearing things Belros? Am I too late?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:17 2005] : (5) Belros: "Ah thank you my friend."
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:24 2005] : (2) DM: You found one cloak, one suit of leather armour and a rapier.
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:27 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc she did search as soon as the elf was dead
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:39 2005] : (5) Belros: "I will be fine, thinks to you"
[Thu Jun 23 22:44:45 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc *thanks
[Thu Jun 23 22:45:27 2005] : (3) Huerney: "I suggest that you purchase some healing, I'm not a very good healer"
[Thu Jun 23 22:45:33 2005] : (5) Belros: "So an elf assassin, and arrows from the forest.... hmmm"
[Thu Jun 23 22:45:35 2005] : (3) Huerney: "and I need my magic for other uses"
[Thu Jun 23 22:45:56 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "I wonder if any of her gear might be special"
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:14 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "I always carry a few healing potions, in case of emergency."
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc half my spells are gone
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:34 2005] : (3) Huerney: huerney takes a CLW potion
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:35 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "What do we do now? Stay here until morning or move on?"
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:36 2005] : (5) Belros: "Perhaps I should purchase some more if we have a chance
[Thu Jun 23 22:46:37 2005] : (3) Huerney: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Jun 23 22:47:05 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc take one of your healing spells back and I'lltake a potion of mine
[Thu Jun 23 22:47:13 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 23 22:47:22 2005] : (5) Belros: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Jun 23 22:47:41 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: "It cannot be more than a couple of hours before dawn. I could use some more rest, though."
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:02 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "As could I"
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:08 2005] : (3) Huerney: "Sure Shev, go back to sleep. I'll remain on high alert"
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:17 2005] : (5) Belros: "Go rest then, I shall watch for more tretchery"
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:17 2005] : (3) Huerney: "And you too Holly"
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:25 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc treachery
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:28 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "If you're sure"
[Thu Jun 23 22:48:46 2005] : (2) DM: Camping where you previously were?
[Thu Jun 23 22:49:15 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc yeah, we'd struggle to unpack and pack again
[Thu Jun 23 22:49:20 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc moving would take to long
[Thu Jun 23 22:49:28 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc or pack and unpack
[Thu Jun 23 22:49:29 2005] : (2) DM: k.
[Thu Jun 23 22:50:14 2005] : (6) Hollyella: "Zzzzzzzzz"
[Thu Jun 23 22:50:40 2005] : (3) Huerney: Huerney concentrates on being a guard
[Thu Jun 23 22:51:10 2005] : (2) DM: I'm stupid. You should have only got 900 XP each for the treants.
[Thu Jun 23 22:51:17 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc woe!
[Thu Jun 23 22:51:48 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc O dear, how sad, never mind
[Thu Jun 23 22:52:02 2005] : (3) Huerney: ooc OK
[Thu Jun 23 22:52:24 2005] : (2) DM: You do however get 2000 XP for the elven assasin and the company of archers.
[Thu Jun 23 22:52:49 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc each?
[Thu Jun 23 22:52:51 2005] : (1) Tar Shevran: ooc :-)
[Thu Jun 23 22:52:53 2005] : (2) DM: Each.
[Thu Jun 23 22:53:11 2005] : (5) Belros: ooc what level was the assassin?
[Thu Jun 23 22:53:13 2005] : (6) Hollyella: ooc :D
[Thu Jun 23 22:53:28 2005] : (2) DM: GAME END