Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 16 June 2005

[Thu Jun 16 19:24:57 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 16 19:25:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc just tell me when you use themap, I have hidden it
[Thu Jun 16 19:25:41 2005] : (1) DM: It's now the following morning. Late morning if you prefer.
[Thu Jun 16 19:25:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella talks, laughs, cries, sings and gets drunk
[Thu Jun 16 19:26:14 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney dozes after his drunken singing and reminiscing
[Thu Jun 16 19:26:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tries to get awake
[Thu Jun 16 19:26:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets up and tries again to wander around
[Thu Jun 16 19:26:57 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran is up and appears reasonably well-recovered.
[Thu Jun 16 19:27:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Where's the water? I need to freshen up. And I need a new head"
[Thu Jun 16 19:27:07 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney eventually wakes with a bit of a headache
[Thu Jun 16 19:27:43 2005] : (1) DM: You are met outside by A'Thedor and a small squad of soldiers.
[Thu Jun 16 19:27:57 2005] : (1) DM: A'Theodor bows.
[Thu Jun 16 19:28:22 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney nods and moans a little
[Thu Jun 16 19:28:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev salutes
[Thu Jun 16 19:28:43 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "Ah. You are awake. If you wish you may be presented to the Court now. Or you may wait until later if you prefer."
[Thu Jun 16 19:28:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella bows
[Thu Jun 16 19:29:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "No time like the present, I believe"
[Thu Jun 16 19:29:24 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just need time to get cleaned up"
[Thu Jun 16 19:29:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "No time like any other, and this is a good one."
[Thu Jun 16 19:29:42 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "As you wish."
[Thu Jun 16 19:30:10 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney quickly gets freahened up
[Thu Jun 16 19:30:16 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Ok, all set"
[Thu Jun 16 19:30:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am set too"
[Thu Jun 16 19:30:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Lead the way, if you would be sokind, A'Theodor"
[Thu Jun 16 19:31:30 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: The soldiers form up around you and A'Theodor leads the way.
[Thu Jun 16 19:31:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at the escort and shrugs
[Thu Jun 16 19:32:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Thu Jun 16 19:32:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: oops
[Thu Jun 16 19:32:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Jun 16 19:32:31 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: ooc someone has "/me follows" hotkeyed?
[Thu Jun 16 19:32:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Not me
[Thu Jun 16 19:33:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc someone does
[Thu Jun 16 19:33:34 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: A few minutes later you reach an open glade. Shaded by the canopy of mighty silvery leaved oaks.
[Thu Jun 16 19:33:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc but I couldn't say who
[Thu Jun 16 19:34:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I have forgotten my character sheet and all, the actual ones. sheesh
[Thu Jun 16 19:34:24 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: Seated at the far end on thrones of carven wood are two elves of regal appearance. One man and one woman.
[Thu Jun 16 19:34:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks around carefully, trying to spot the elves
[Thu Jun 16 19:34:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
[Thu Jun 16 19:34:56 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney tries to look respectable and reverential
[Thu Jun 16 19:35:01 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: Standing on the edges of the glades are other elves dressed in fine clothes.
[Thu Jun 16 19:35:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Thu Jun 16 19:35:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a good look at everything there is to see
[Thu Jun 16 19:35:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev is wearing his armour, which is black with gold tracery, and looks very ceremonial.
[Thu Jun 16 19:36:36 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: A'Theodor approaches the throne and bows deeply.
[Thu Jun 16 19:36:47 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney is wearing the only clothes he has, which was his entertainers outfit IIRC
[Thu Jun 16 19:37:36 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney waits a short distance away waiting for A'Thedor to make a gesture to come forward
[Thu Jun 16 19:38:04 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "May I present to this Courth. Ayhlanne Selveneye, Tar Shevran, Hollyella Laughshield, Huerney White-eye."
[Thu Jun 16 19:38:31 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: He straightens and motions you forwards.
[Thu Jun 16 19:38:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne glances upwards and at the mention of her name looks back to the trhone
[Thu Jun 16 19:38:53 2005] : (7) Huerney: On cue, huerney moves forwards
[Thu Jun 16 19:39:11 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran bows, and walks forwards, one step behind Huerney.
[Thu Jun 16 19:39:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella approaches and bows
[Thu Jun 16 19:39:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne bows
[Thu Jun 16 19:39:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: but not too low
[Thu Jun 16 19:40:47 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney bows when he sees Ayhlanne doing so
[Thu Jun 16 19:41:13 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Welcome to thIs Court traveller, I am Elimyne and this is my husband, Joth'ran"
[Thu Jun 16 19:41:25 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc in common?
[Thu Jun 16 19:41:36 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc speaking in common yes.
[Thu Jun 16 19:41:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We're honoured to make your acquaintance"
[Thu Jun 16 19:42:05 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "A'Theodor has brought tales of your exploits beyond our borders. Perhaps you would care to relate them?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:42:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: in elvish : "insert here fashionable elvish royal greeting"
[Thu Jun 16 19:42:10 2005] : (7) Huerney: "yes, may the stars shine on your delightful dwellings"
[Thu Jun 16 19:42:10 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It is a beautiful place, and your hospitality was most welcome."
[Thu Jun 16 19:43:13 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I won't bore you with a prelude, but suffice to say that we were attacked by some form of incorporeal witch...."
[Thu Jun 16 19:43:39 2005] : (7) Huerney: "She somehow conjured two "
[Thu Jun 16 19:43:42 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc errr?
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:06 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc cough CUE understudy
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc monsters?
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:15 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc remorhaz
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc remorhaz
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:25 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc crap, what were they called. Yeah. What Henry said.
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:41 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Remorrhaz. While we fought, two of our companions were slain and consumed"
[Thu Jun 16 19:44:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella sighs
[Thu Jun 16 19:45:26 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney recounts some deeds in flowery land courtly language... but tries not to go OTT
[Thu Jun 16 19:46:09 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc that was flowery AND... but flowery land looks like a funny euphemism for elf county LOL
[Thu Jun 16 19:46:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 16 19:47:14 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "An impressive tale, bard. Though one things intriges me: Why were you subject to such an attack?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:47:42 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I'm afraid that there, you find yourself with the same conundrum as us"
[Thu Jun 16 19:48:11 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "You, perhaps, wish to find an answer?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:48:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Actually, we think this was the second attack"
[Thu Jun 16 19:48:19 2005] : (7) Huerney: "The only information that we have was a small thing that she said in passing"
[Thu Jun 16 19:49:00 2005] : (7) Huerney: "At one point she questioned herself and suggested that we weren't the ones in the prohecy who were a threat"
[Thu Jun 16 19:49:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We do, indeed, want to find an answer. A'Theodor seemed to know more than we know about the frost witch, but we have not had any time to talk about it, maybe you can help us?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:49:30 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I say prophecy, she may have said augury or some such, but the result is the same"
[Thu Jun 16 19:50:48 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "The Frost Witch as an old (she paused briefly) adversery of ours."
[Thu Jun 16 19:51:11 2005] : (7) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [3,-2] = (1)
[Thu Jun 16 19:51:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Jun 16 19:51:32 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney listens intently
[Thu Jun 16 19:51:40 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "She seeks to destroy this forest (gesturing with a hand) with ice and cold."
[Thu Jun 16 19:51:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Jun 16 19:52:14 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Why she would attack a band of adventures far from this forest I cannot understand."
[Thu Jun 16 19:52:46 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Yet she is strong in magic and far-seeing and perhaps she has seen what we cannot."
[Thu Jun 16 19:52:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "For some reason she seemed to think we were a threat to her and her plans"
[Thu Jun 16 19:53:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "There must be some information we are missing. You seem to be the only ones who actually know a little about her so far"
[Thu Jun 16 19:53:11 2005] : (7) Huerney: "She seems to consider us a threat to her power for some reason - this prophecy perhaps"
[Thu Jun 16 19:53:34 2005] : (7) Huerney: "How did the state of enmity begin?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:54:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Or is it purely that she despises the warm world and wished to cover it with ice?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:55:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But where we come in, I can't fathom"
[Thu Jun 16 19:55:13 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (she pauses again before answering) "Jealously, power, hate, these have twisted her mind."
[Thu Jun 16 19:55:56 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Who was she before?"
[Thu Jun 16 19:57:53 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "A... renegade, a traitor. She is... was... an elf like us once, long, long ago."
[Thu Jun 16 19:58:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Thu Jun 16 19:58:06 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc Irenicus!
[Thu Jun 16 19:58:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 16 19:58:33 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc plots nicked from elsewhere are my speciality.
[Thu Jun 16 19:58:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc We know ;)
[Thu Jun 16 20:00:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Could you tell us what caused the bad blood between you?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:00:20 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Anything you could tell us will help us to find her."
[Thu Jun 16 20:00:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "My queen, you seem to hesitate when you speak of her. Was she once close to you?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:01:03 2005] : (7) Huerney: "We're going to find her??"
[Thu Jun 16 20:01:22 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I never volunteered for that"
[Thu Jun 16 20:01:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I need to find her. She killed my friends"
[Thu Jun 16 20:02:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I see little alternative."
[Thu Jun 16 20:02:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just finished burying my best friend, I don't think we're up to it"
[Thu Jun 16 20:02:30 2005] : (7) Huerney: "If she can do what she did so trivially, what chance do we stand?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:02:37 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (she narrows her eyes) "Such matters do not concern you. I can however provide directions to her lair deep on the mountains to the north. But beware, such a trek would be perilous indeed."
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Huerney, if we do not find her, she will find us"
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Why would it not concern us? She sought us out"
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:19 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc that was in answer to Ayhlanne's question.
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Pardon my boldness your majesty, I did not wish to offend you"
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:38 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney sighs
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc IC, I never spoke then
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But the more we know about her, the better we can fight her"
[Thu Jun 16 20:03:48 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I guess you are right"
[Thu Jun 16 20:04:08 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I believe it would help you if we were to end the threat that she poses, and I know that any help you can offer would be welcome."
[Thu Jun 16 20:04:08 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just don't think that we have the power to defeat her"
[Thu Jun 16 20:04:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It is an old elvish saying is it not, that says : (elvish)lmksdmqlsk jkuiozeu lpskd ooiend mlsdpo poersd,n kisneutfut"
[Thu Jun 16 20:04:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Maybe we'd better wait with this discussion until we can talk in private" Hollyella smiles
[Thu Jun 16 20:04:54 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc your DM doesn't understand elvish...
[Thu Jun 16 20:05:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Know your ennemies, in order to know your friends. Prepare war, to make peace"
[Thu Jun 16 20:05:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: or something like this :P
[Thu Jun 16 20:05:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Nice saying :)
[Thu Jun 16 20:05:46 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc Sun T'zu, perhaps?
[Thu Jun 16 20:06:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, nope, Delphine Menard, some ancient wise woman :P
[Thu Jun 16 20:06:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Never heard of her
[Thu Jun 16 20:06:38 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc tell the whore to make chees??
[Thu Jun 16 20:07:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc babelfish does not know elvish Craig :P
[Thu Jun 16 20:07:45 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "We believe her power stems from a power artifact. If this artifact was recovered she would be weakened."
[Thu Jun 16 20:08:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Do you happen to know anything else about that artefact?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:08:20 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Hmm, that makes things a little more do-able"
[Thu Jun 16 20:08:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see. Whence does the artifact come from? And what are its known powers?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:08:32 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney cheers up somewhat
[Thu Jun 16 20:10:25 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "It is a globe of crystal about so large (she hold her hands about 20 cm apart). It is a... doorway to otherworlds. A skilled and knowlegable user can draw power through the doorway into this world."
[Thu Jun 16 20:10:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc 'tain chuis en quille ce soir :)
[Thu Jun 16 20:11:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Hmm, intriguing"
[Thu Jun 16 20:11:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc it seems that speaking German all day releases my English skills, I am almost as good as Huerney tonight ;)
[Thu Jun 16 20:11:24 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "... and if we could close this doorway, her power would be reduced?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:11:40 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Most interesting "
[Thu Jun 16 20:12:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What powers does the witch have in the first place?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:12:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Is it only this artifact that makes her evil?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:12:28 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "You cannot, you will not have the power to use this artefact. You must bring to us here."
[Thu Jun 16 20:12:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Why must we do that?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:13:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And... looking at the queen directly in the eye Do you wish us to kill her?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:14:04 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "No. She will see reason when her power is gone. She must see reason."
[Thu Jun 16 20:14:18 2005] : (7) Huerney: "She dies anyway. it's how all stories like this end"
[Thu Jun 16 20:14:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "You want us to spare her?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:14:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks and sounds incredulous
[Thu Jun 16 20:15:23 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Death will happen. We need not look to kill."
[Thu Jun 16 20:15:47 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "She is still an elf of this forest no matter her actions."
[Thu Jun 16 20:16:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "She killed my friends without reason, she deserves to die"
[Thu Jun 16 20:16:23 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Well, she killed my best friend, so I don't particularly care where she comes from"
[Thu Jun 16 20:17:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "My queen, would it not be safer to destroy the artifact?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:17:10 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Then perhaps you are not the people for this task. I need not people hot with anger and hate for I see where such a path leads."
[Thu Jun 16 20:17:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Rather than risk someone else's life in its grasp"
[Thu Jun 16 20:17:59 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate is the path to the Frost Witchy Side."
[Thu Jun 16 20:18:16 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc spot on...
[Thu Jun 16 20:18:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We may not be. Do you see anyone else up to the task?" points in a large circle at the whole assembly
[Thu Jun 16 20:18:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Justice is not anger or hate"
[Thu Jun 16 20:19:14 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: Make a diplomacy rolls Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 16 20:19:21 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Justice may not be the same as revenge, though any civilised land prohibits murder of the sort that this woman has perpetrated."
[Thu Jun 16 20:19:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Jun 16 20:20:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc damn, I hate it when the dice are against me and I'm being good :)
[Thu Jun 16 20:20:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I truly wish we could leave this alone, but she's dangerous and after us. We cannot leave her be"
[Thu Jun 16 20:20:49 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (To ayhlanne) "We elves of the forest are ill-suited to the ice and cold of the mountains. To attempt such a journey would be folly. Yet there are other adventures out there. You are not the only choice."
[Thu Jun 16 20:21:31 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc "there is another?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:21:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I do not agree Hollyella. It might be so, that in the heat of a battle, we would have to kill her. But if she really is twisted due to this artifact, we might find ourselves ready to forgive her at the last minute"
[Thu Jun 16 20:21:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Other adventurers?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:21:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Maybe those people who hide in the trees?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:22:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Your highness, we will not demand that you aid us, nor will we demand that we be the ones to go. Know, however, that we would be killing for a reason, and not for hope of money or reward."
[Thu Jun 16 20:22:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne points upwards
[Thu Jun 16 20:22:32 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (she looks puzzled) "The guards. Did I not explain about why we could not do it?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:23:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "You just did. I am but half what you are, but I have devoted my life to the woods. I understand."
[Thu Jun 16 20:24:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "However, it seems to me that we have reasons beyond yours to go after this witch"
[Thu Jun 16 20:24:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So instead of doing it knowing that we are helping you, we will do it for our own sakes"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "The intent changes maybe, the deed stays the same"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:03 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "You would seek her out anyway? Without our aid?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes we would. You heard Hollyela"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And for the sake of all others she wants to kill, because we know she is after blood and a lot of it"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:28 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I will aid my comrades-in-arms."
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "She has murdered two of our beloved friends"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:36 2005] : (7) Huerney: "if she's going to keep coming for us, then we have little choice"
[Thu Jun 16 20:25:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And has said she was after us. not in so many words, but she hinted at it in a way that cannot be mistaken"
[Thu Jun 16 20:26:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "She is dangerous and someone has to stop her, by whatever means necessary"
[Thu Jun 16 20:26:27 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (she sighs) "Perhaps it would be beneficial if we cooperated in this matter."
[Thu Jun 16 20:26:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "If we are part of a grander picture, we might as well find where we belong in it"
[Thu Jun 16 20:26:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would say so, but we are not holding you to anything"
[Thu Jun 16 20:26:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No more than you will be holding us to anything"
[Thu Jun 16 20:27:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "there are things we cannot promise"
[Thu Jun 16 20:27:35 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "The journey will be easier if you know where to look. The northern mountains are vast"
[Thu Jun 16 20:28:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, you were partly right, at the moment I'm mad enough to kill her in cold blood, but I'm not a murderer and I don't like to kill"
[Thu Jun 16 20:29:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "But if you can't be totally truthful to us, we may have no choice to go in fighting"
[Thu Jun 16 20:30:03 2005] : (3) Hollyella: *but* to go in
[Thu Jun 16 20:30:09 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "I would ask that you swear this: You return the orb to us -- it is useless to those you lack the knowledge to use it anyway; and that killing is used a last resort."
[Thu Jun 16 20:30:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc phone
[Thu Jun 16 20:30:20 2005] : (7) Huerney: "At present we have no reason to believe that should we wrest this thing from her she will become passive"
[Thu Jun 16 20:30:58 2005] : (7) Huerney: "But I don't think that I could kill one who does not resist"
[Thu Jun 16 20:31:11 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Then that is all I ask."
[Thu Jun 16 20:31:20 2005] : (7) Huerney: "there's no heroism in that"
[Thu Jun 16 20:32:32 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Will you all so swear?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:32:34 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I have found that I cannot kill a helpless opponent. That is why I travel."
[Thu Jun 16 20:32:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Heroism?" Hollyella shrugs
[Thu Jun 16 20:33:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I have already told you I'm no murderer. You either believe me or you don't, it's all the same to me"
[Thu Jun 16 20:34:20 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I will so swear. May the flame fade and the blade dull before I break this oath."
[Thu Jun 16 20:35:51 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: She looks at the others each in turn.
[Thu Jun 16 20:36:00 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc brb- foodgetting.
[Thu Jun 16 20:36:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc please two minues
[Thu Jun 16 20:36:18 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: occ sorry . forgot.
[Thu Jun 16 20:36:28 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella stands up staight and looks her in the eyes
[Thu Jun 16 20:37:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc mother, she won't stop
[Thu Jun 16 20:37:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Parents!
[Thu Jun 16 20:39:08 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: ooc you should get ones like mine. They never bother to phone. It's great.
[Thu Jun 16 20:39:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Doesn't sound so great to me
[Thu Jun 16 20:40:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc back
[Thu Jun 16 20:40:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I will not swear, no"
[Thu Jun 16 20:40:53 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I gave my word"
[Thu Jun 16 20:41:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I will not swear to return the orb, although I will swear to kill as a last resort, and even to keep my friends' arms at bay if needed"
[Thu Jun 16 20:42:09 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Why do you desire this orb that seems to only bring trouble?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:43:30 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc back
[Thu Jun 16 20:43:38 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "The orb is an ancient artifact made by elven sages, it power can be used for good or for ill. As can any thing of power."
[Thu Jun 16 20:44:13 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "The power of the orb is what produced these mighty trees you see around you."
[Thu Jun 16 20:44:57 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "So you used it to draw power into the earth and the forest?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:45:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "So it was stolen from you and you never bothered to tell us"
[Thu Jun 16 20:45:31 2005] : (7) Huerney: "And with tis orb you would begin to regrow the trees?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:46:30 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "Though the untrained eye cannot eye, we feel the trees about us. They begin to fade and lose their vigour."
[Thu Jun 16 20:47:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jun 16 20:47:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Thu Jun 16 20:47:55 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (to Hollyella) "There is much I do not tell and there is much you do not know, there is even much that I do not know."
[Thu Jun 16 20:47:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I never know which would be appropriate
[Thu Jun 16 20:48:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It must be faint, I do not feel it"
[Thu Jun 16 20:48:37 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "You are not of these woods. You would not feel."
[Thu Jun 16 20:48:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And much of what you don't tell us us because you don't trust us, yet you want our help"
[Thu Jun 16 20:49:38 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "You are here before me where few outsiders have been before and you speak of lack of trust?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:49:54 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc wilderness lore is for when you want to find food, or shelter or to track. Knowledge is to ascertain types of trees, terrain, animals all that sort of stuff
[Thu Jun 16 20:50:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would, to an extent, but this is not the point. I suppose your telling will change my mind. Although I will not swear, and leave it to coming events to dictate our right path, I will say that I will try and return the orb"
[Thu Jun 16 20:50:22 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "But it is true, I do not trust you, even the strongest will may be subverted."
[Thu Jun 16 20:51:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I don't really mind you not trusting us, but not telling us what we need to know might be a serious mistake"
[Thu Jun 16 20:52:33 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: The queen is looking rather irritated.
[Thu Jun 16 20:52:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tries to calm Hollyella
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: with a gesture
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:16 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella is not agitated, she's very calm
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "My queen, will you take our word that we will do our best?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne turns to her companions
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Dos that suit you my friends?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:53:56 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "So be it. You will not swear then you will not receive aid. We will find some other. You may shelter here in the guest tree until the morn when A'Theodor will escort you to the forest edge."
[Thu Jun 16 20:54:11 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: "I have no more to say to you. You are dismissed."
[Thu Jun 16 20:54:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I am happy to swear not to kill if we can avoid it. I am happy to return this orb."
[Thu Jun 16 20:54:31 2005] : (7) Huerney: ""A moment please your majesty"
[Thu Jun 16 20:54:44 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney speaks with Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 16 20:55:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes?"
[Thu Jun 16 20:55:19 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Ayhlanne, can you not swear what you have just said. I never swore to brining back the orb"
[Thu Jun 16 20:55:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne to the queen
[Thu Jun 16 20:56:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I will swear that I will do my best to go by your wishes, your majesty"
[Thu Jun 16 20:58:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc test ?
[Thu Jun 16 20:58:41 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc ping reply
[Thu Jun 16 20:58:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I still hear you
[Thu Jun 16 20:59:10 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: (She stands up and speaks forcefully) "Still you seek to bargin, to weasel with a queen of the elves. Begone from this court lest I bring my wrath upon you."
[Thu Jun 16 20:59:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne bows deeply
[Thu Jun 16 20:59:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella turns and leaves
[Thu Jun 16 20:59:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I regret to have offended you, i will begone"
[Thu Jun 16 20:59:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne leaves
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:00 2005] : (7) Huerney: "huerney leaves with the others"
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:05 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc err
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:09 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran looks at her. "We apologise for the offence. I hope we may meet again."
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:14 2005] : (1) Queen Elimyne: A'Theodor and guards escort you back to the guest tree.
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:14 2005] : (7) Huerney: huerney leaves with the others
[Thu Jun 16 21:00:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc damned, I can't scroll back, lol
[Thu Jun 16 21:01:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I warned you :P
[Thu Jun 16 21:01:14 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "I will meet you at dawn to escort you. Farewell."
[Thu Jun 16 21:01:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Farewell, A'Theodor, I'll miss you"
[Thu Jun 16 21:01:41 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Farewell A'Thedor"
[Thu Jun 16 21:01:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Farewell, and may your blade be unbroken."
[Thu Jun 16 21:02:07 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: A'Theodor withdraws.
[Thu Jun 16 21:02:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Farewell A'Theodor, may we meet again"
[Thu Jun 16 21:03:05 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We appear to be no closer to your vengeance, my friends."
[Thu Jun 16 21:03:19 2005] : (1) DM: You notice that the guard presence outside the tree is more numerous than before.
[Thu Jun 16 21:03:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It looks like we've become more popular than before"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:05 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just think that there's something odd about this whole thing"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles and waves at the guards
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:20 2005] : (7) Huerney: "What of the attacks on the farms?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I do too"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But let us not speak of it here"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, that is still unresolved"
[Thu Jun 16 21:04:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And wait until we are gone"
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Why did A'Thedor look as if the farms should be rightly covered with trees"
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "You think we might be overheard? Let them, it might tell them we can be trusted"
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "At least we know what we are up against, or rather who, and know a little more of the story"
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:12 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran walks to the door, and calls to the guard sargeant: "You have my oath that we will not cause any trouble this night. Your men may relax."
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:31 2005] : (1) DM: Oddly enough the guards do not appear to relax.
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Tar Shevran, you know little about elves, don't you"
[Thu Jun 16 21:05:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu Jun 16 21:06:17 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney sits and hopes that his hangover goes away
[Thu Jun 16 21:06:35 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Sorry I wan't much use in there, I'm not at my best today"
[Thu Jun 16 21:07:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It's ok, we were all feeling strange"
[Thu Jun 16 21:07:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "and the atmosphere was strange anyway"
[Thu Jun 16 21:07:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us rest"
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I know their behaviour on the battlefield, and that they are - for the most part - honourable off it."
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc what's the time?
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:14 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I have fought with them and against them."
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:20 2005] : (1) DM: It's around noonish.
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Ayhlanne, you wanted to have a look around earlier. Is there anything in particular you were curious about"
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have a few hours to kill"
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:41 2005] : (7) Huerney: "What shall we do?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:51 2005] : (7) Huerney: "We should be off really"
[Thu Jun 16 21:08:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No Hollyella, I am just always interested in what elves do in different parts of this world"
[Thu Jun 16 21:09:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Being part of my blood, the elven forest has always made me wonder"
[Thu Jun 16 21:09:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I feel at ease, at peace in such surroundings"
[Thu Jun 16 21:10:09 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I love the woods myself and I would love to take a stroll"
[Thu Jun 16 21:10:59 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Maybe a bit later, when the shadows are longer" Hollyella points at her cloak
[Thu Jun 16 21:11:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Maybe"
[Thu Jun 16 21:12:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne lies on her bedroll for a while
[Thu Jun 16 21:12:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc not only did you annoy an elven queen you're going to snoop around after dark. Goodnees me.
[Thu Jun 16 21:13:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I might :)
[Thu Jun 16 21:13:51 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev sits and waits.
[Thu Jun 16 21:13:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella studies her spellbook for a while
[Thu Jun 16 21:13:59 2005] : (1) DM: What are you all doing now. Just hanging around waiting for tonight/tomorrow?
[Thu Jun 16 21:14:19 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney sleeps to shake off the hangover
[Thu Jun 16 21:14:52 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Just waiting.
[Thu Jun 16 21:15:09 2005] : (1) DM: Dusk aproaches...
[Thu Jun 16 21:15:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella eats some fruit and drinks some water
[Thu Jun 16 21:15:56 2005] : (1) DM: You hear a soft knock at the door.
[Thu Jun 16 21:16:14 2005] : (7) Huerney: HUerney stirs
[Thu Jun 16 21:16:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella opens the door, without speaking
[Thu Jun 16 21:16:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev sits up straight, and stands, hand by his sword.
[Thu Jun 16 21:16:54 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney sits up on the bed, tongue cloven to the roof of his mouth
[Thu Jun 16 21:17:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets up
[Thu Jun 16 21:17:27 2005] : (1) DM: A'Theodor stands in the doorway. He looks a little nervous.
[Thu Jun 16 21:17:43 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "May I come in?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:17:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella motions him in, before closing the door softly behind him
[Thu Jun 16 21:18:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne approaches as she hears A'Theodor's voice
[Thu Jun 16 21:18:37 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "What I am about to do is dishonourable and treasonous. I am shamed, yet I see no other course of action."
[Thu Jun 16 21:18:46 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Shev relaxes.
[Thu Jun 16 21:19:25 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: He sits down at the table wan withdraws a pieces of parchement. Which her places on the table.
[Thu Jun 16 21:19:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Do you do this, knowing it will hurt someone or do you do it because you don't want people to be hurt? That makes a big difference, in my opinion"
[Thu Jun 16 21:19:59 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "It is all I could find to aid you."
[Thu Jun 16 21:20:39 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "I do this for the forest, for the elves within."
[Thu Jun 16 21:20:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes a look at the parchment
[Thu Jun 16 21:21:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That does not constitute treason then, whereas blind obedience might" Hollyella smiles at A'Theodor
[Thu Jun 16 21:21:47 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: It's a rough map showing the northern mountains. On it is marked a fortress."
[Thu Jun 16 21:22:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Is that where we will find the witch?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:22:46 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "I go against the wishes of our Queen. But her emotions cloud her judgement and may bring doom to us all."
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc My dice still suck :(
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:25 2005] : (7) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [14,-2] = (12)
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:32 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "The fortress is the Frost Witches lair, yes."
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:32 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what's with the dice tonight?
[Thu Jun 16 21:23:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I stole them :-)
[Thu Jun 16 21:24:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Her emotions? I have a faint idea she'es related to that witch. Isn't she?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:24:43 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "Be warned. The map is a copy of an ancient map. The routes marked may be unpassable."
[Thu Jun 16 21:25:22 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "I have said too much already. Do not ask more of me, please."
[Thu Jun 16 21:25:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I won't, please excuse me"
[Thu Jun 16 21:25:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you for your help"
[Thu Jun 16 21:26:18 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "You are a brave man, to go against a command to follow your own honour."
[Thu Jun 16 21:26:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Thank you, A'Theodor, you've been helpful, to us and thereby to your own people"
[Thu Jun 16 21:26:24 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: He stands and moves for the door.
[Thu Jun 16 21:26:56 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: "I hope my trust is not misplaced" (he leaves, closing the door softly behind him)
[Thu Jun 16 21:27:47 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It will now be hard for us to do anything other than hunt this witch."
[Thu Jun 16 21:28:22 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Thank you captain"
[Thu Jun 16 21:28:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed"
[Thu Jun 16 21:28:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It will"
[Thu Jun 16 21:28:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella bows at A'Theodor
[Thu Jun 16 21:29:17 2005] : (1) A'Theodor: He's gone.
[Thu Jun 16 21:30:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 16 21:31:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc back
[Thu Jun 16 21:31:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, that was something else. For an honorable man as A'Theodor to do soemthing like this must be very hard"
[Thu Jun 16 21:31:29 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Ok, we know where to go now, but I'd have preferred to see if we could get anything to help us on our way"
[Thu Jun 16 21:32:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We have food and water here, we have our horses and equipment, we have eachother, what else do we need?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:32:26 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It is unfortunate. I feel that we should try to return the witch alive, and return the orb also."
[Thu Jun 16 21:33:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I fear there is more to this story than we have been told"
[Thu Jun 16 21:33:08 2005] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 16 21:33:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And I wish someone could tell us all about it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:33:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I will try to keep her alive, if she lets us, but I can't return the orb without knowing we've been told the truth about it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:33:55 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We could, perhaps, try to hide the orb."
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:35 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just don't know. I can't trust anyone anymore"
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or we may find what we need to find out about it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:43 2005] : (1) DM: ooc back
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "on the way to seeking it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That decision can wait until we have it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:49 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc wb
[Thu Jun 16 21:34:52 2005] : (7) Huerney: "The adventures we've done have ensured that"
[Thu Jun 16 21:35:19 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Trust is far easier to lose than to find, I agree."
[Thu Jun 16 21:37:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And it can only exist when it's mutual"
[Thu Jun 16 21:37:08 2005] : (1) DM: Anyone taking a look at the map?
[Thu Jun 16 21:37:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu Jun 16 21:37:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Of course.
[Thu Jun 16 21:37:46 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney moves over to look at the map too
[Thu Jun 16 21:38:07 2005] : (1) DM: It shows the northern end of Lindean forest, a path or trail cross the northern mountains over a pass.
[Thu Jun 16 21:38:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks for any names and notes
[Thu Jun 16 21:38:52 2005] : (1) DM: The fortress perched at the top of the pass.
[Thu Jun 16 21:39:34 2005] : (1) DM: The trails appears to cross many obstacles. There's a bridge marked on the map. And at the head of the valley is a glacier.
[Thu Jun 16 21:39:49 2005] : (7) Huerney: "This is a bit like the pass to the east, on the way to Westlin"
[Thu Jun 16 21:40:22 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I can only assume that these mountains are further North than Westlin, else Westlin would be very cold too"
[Thu Jun 16 21:40:32 2005] : (1) DM: The mountains are higher here.
[Thu Jun 16 21:40:35 2005] : (7) Huerney: "this forest must be truly great"
[Thu Jun 16 21:41:08 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc ah, cold due to altitude, not latitude... d'oh!
[Thu Jun 16 21:41:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Let us hope we can save it then"
[Thu Jun 16 21:41:42 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Huerney skipped geography class?
[Thu Jun 16 21:41:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: oox Huerney skipped many classes
[Thu Jun 16 21:42:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 16 21:42:17 2005] : (7) Huerney: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Jun 16 21:42:30 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Hmm, maybe I'm wrong there though"
[Thu Jun 16 21:42:51 2005] : (7) Huerney: "it could be the same range, just higher this far West"
[Thu Jun 16 21:42:58 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc :P
[Thu Jun 16 21:43:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It is bound to be cold up there, the mountains seem high enough"
[Thu Jun 16 21:43:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Are you quite sure about the pass though?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:43:46 2005] : (7) Huerney: "In what way Holly?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:44:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "About the location of it, I mean. Are you quite sure it's the pass to the east?"
[Thu Jun 16 21:45:14 2005] : (1) DM: The fortress is clearly marked on the map.
[Thu Jun 16 21:46:02 2005] : (7) Huerney: "No, I mean that we have come West. it's similar, that's all"
[Thu Jun 16 21:46:22 2005] : (7) Huerney: "It's probably the same mountain range"
[Thu Jun 16 21:46:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, we'll find it. We have to"
[Thu Jun 16 21:46:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have to bear in mind what A'Theodor said. The map is old, we might encounter problems"
[Thu Jun 16 21:47:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc *evil DM chuckle*
[Thu Jun 16 21:47:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "For one, the bridge might not be there any more for example"
[Thu Jun 16 21:47:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "There are sure to be problems, there always are"
[Thu Jun 16 21:47:54 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Hmm, well, if you'll pardon the pun..."
[Thu Jun 16 21:48:10 2005] : (7) Huerney: "We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:48:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs out loud
[Thu Jun 16 21:49:07 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "We should take rope, and possibly mules - our horses may be less suited to the mountains."
[Thu Jun 16 21:49:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu Jun 16 21:49:46 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I had rope, but it's gone now"
[Thu Jun 16 21:50:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Is there a town, or a village on the way?" looks closer at the map
[Thu Jun 16 21:50:44 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Somehow, I doubt it"
[Thu Jun 16 21:51:04 2005] : (7) Huerney: "unless there's some sort of service industry to the evil fortress"
[Thu Jun 16 21:51:15 2005] : (1) DM: I'm sure I mentioned a town near the edge of the forest to the south. Though I forget the name...
[Thu Jun 16 21:51:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I have some rope, but only 2 lengths"
[Thu Jun 16 21:52:08 2005] : (7) Huerney: "laundry, groceries, economy armour supplies"
[Thu Jun 16 21:52:45 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Anyway, I'm pretty ill equipped. And worst of all, I have no cold weather outfit"
[Thu Jun 16 21:52:52 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "A spell to convert an evil sorceress to good"
[Thu Jun 16 21:52:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I can't scroll :P
[Thu Jun 16 21:53:05 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc did Marnak have any of that sort of stuff?
[Thu Jun 16 21:53:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Plandon
[Thu Jun 16 21:53:43 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc aren't we going North?
[Thu Jun 16 21:54:01 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc erm... probably rope.
[Thu Jun 16 21:54:13 2005] : (1) DM: There aren't any other towns
[Thu Jun 16 21:54:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We need to do some shopping then, we can't go there unprepared"
[Thu Jun 16 21:55:50 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Let us ride to this town in the morning. It will help to allay the suspicions of the elves, as well as allowing us to prepare."
[Thu Jun 16 21:56:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I doubt they'll be fooled as easily as that, we were quite adamant about what we were going to do"
[Thu Jun 16 21:57:17 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "It will not do any harm."
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:00 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Well, I'd freeze to death if we didn't"
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:11 2005] : (7) Huerney: "Perhaps we should rest then"
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:22 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "Aye."
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:33 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I want to go shopping first as well, but I don't think we'll allay any suspicions is all I'm saying"
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It sounds like the best we'd have to do"
[Thu Jun 16 21:58:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Agreed, Hollyella"
[Thu Jun 16 21:59:06 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney rests again
[Thu Jun 16 21:59:08 2005] : (7) Huerney: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Thu Jun 16 21:59:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yeah, I need the rest. I just wish I had time for a walk first"
[Thu Jun 16 21:59:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella lies down to sleep
[Thu Jun 16 21:59:58 2005] : (1) DM: Dawn. A'Theodor arrives and escorts you east to the edge of the forest.
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to the door and stays a bit outside it, listening to the bnoises of the elven forest
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: lol
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you A'Theodor"
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "For all"
[Thu Jun 16 22:00:58 2005] : (1) DM: Withone final farewell he disappears back into the forest.
[Thu Jun 16 22:01:16 2005] : (7) Huerney: "How far is it to the town do you think?"
[Thu Jun 16 22:01:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: "I would guess at one or two days' ride."
[Thu Jun 16 22:02:22 2005] : (1) DM: One or two days later....
[Thu Jun 16 22:02:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Better get a move on then"
[Thu Jun 16 22:02:48 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 16 22:03:00 2005] : (1) DM: Plandon. A bustlng border market town mainly concerned with trade with the elves.
[Thu Jun 16 22:03:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I love our DM
[Thu Jun 16 22:03:24 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney presses on into the town
[Thu Jun 16 22:03:26 2005] : (1) DM: You can find almost everything here bar fancy magic items.
[Thu Jun 16 22:03:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Good, seems I can take my hat off"
[Thu Jun 16 22:04:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That must be a relief"
[Thu Jun 16 22:04:43 2005] : (1) DM: Feel free to shop or question the locals. There are a number of inns to choose from.
[Thu Jun 16 22:04:53 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm buying cold-weather gear - clothing etc.
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:10 2005] : (1) DM: It's all the the PHB I think.
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:29 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep, it is
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:31 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney gets some barding for the horse, a cold weather outfit, some holy water, some silk rope, rations for 10 days, a tent, a bedroll etc.
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't have my PHB
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:36 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: I'm then finding a busyish inn to sit in and ask people about any legends of the mountains
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hmm, our winter gear would have been handy"
[Thu Jun 16 22:05:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Cold weather outfit 8gp
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Too bad we never got to getting it back"
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:22 2005] : (1) DM: Gather information roll, Tar.
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm taking one cold weather outfit
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:40 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:54 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney then joins Shev and helps
[Thu Jun 16 22:06:57 2005] : (7) Huerney: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [19,14] = (33)
[Thu Jun 16 22:07:24 2005] : (1) DM: Tar finds out that they're cold high up. Huerney on the other hand...
[Thu Jun 16 22:07:41 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 16 22:08:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Just buying food for me and my pony
[Thu Jun 16 22:08:39 2005] : (1) DM: Heres some interesting tales related by a old weatherbeaten trader who's great-grandfather used to take that route over the mountains. Tales of prowling monsters, treacherous trails and bitter cold.
[Thu Jun 16 22:09:06 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc just noticed that I have a rope of climbing in my handy haversack!
[Thu Jun 16 22:09:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 16 22:09:18 2005] : (1) DM: No one has been that way in many many decades. Most either take a ship west and go around or cross the pass to Westlin.
[Thu Jun 16 22:09:27 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Handy!
[Thu Jun 16 22:09:42 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc you gave it to me!
[Thu Jun 16 22:10:30 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney passes the info on to the others when he sees them
[Thu Jun 16 22:10:56 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I just remembered that I need to get these horseshoes on the new horse"
[Thu Jun 16 22:11:15 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney clinks the Horseshoes of the Zephyr
[Thu Jun 16 22:11:25 2005] : (7) Huerney: "I'll be back shortly"
[Thu Jun 16 22:11:25 2005] : (1) DM: No problem. There's a blacksmith/farrier in town.
[Thu Jun 16 22:11:36 2005] : (7) Huerney: Huerney sees to it
[Thu Jun 16 22:12:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc damn, without a PHB, this proves difficult
[Thu Jun 16 22:12:20 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella asks around for news about the elf attacks
[Thu Jun 16 22:12:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Jun 16 22:13:10 2005] : (1) DM: The don't know anything about any elf attacks. The elves are a peaceful bunch.
[Thu Jun 16 22:13:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella asks about any recent attacks at all
[Thu Jun 16 22:13:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Jun 16 22:15:19 2005] : (1) DM: The recent attack on a farmsted to the NE has all the traders worried. They fear bandit attacks and are concerned the Western Watch haven't left their city barracks to tend to the problem.
[Thu Jun 16 22:15:45 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc there's still Nerin's gear to sort out. List here
[Thu Jun 16 22:16:20 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc Marnak's gear too
[Thu Jun 16 22:16:58 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc Marnak only had the armour and the rapier that survived (and were of any note)
[Thu Jun 16 22:17:09 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc I'd appreciate the gauntlets!
[Thu Jun 16 22:17:46 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc I've no problem with anyone taking what they want. i took your rapier ;)
[Thu Jun 16 22:17:52 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc That rod looks nice
[Thu Jun 16 22:18:09 2005] : (7) Huerney: ooc there's also my old rapier +2
[Thu Jun 16 22:19:35 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: ooc not really my sort of blade.
[Thu Jun 16 22:19:43 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: Everyone finished shopping?
[Thu Jun 16 22:19:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I haven't shopped actually
[Thu Jun 16 22:20:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I can't without a book
[Thu Jun 16 22:20:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: daumb me
[Thu Jun 16 22:20:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc dumb me
[Thu Jun 16 22:20:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc What do you need?
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc you never know what you need until you see it. But I have I think the most important. Ropes and such I do have
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:13 2005] : (4) Tar Shevran: http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/Equipment.rtf
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:21 2005] : (1) DM: Bailey bridge?
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Helicopter?
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc damn openrpg wont let you cut and paste
[Thu Jun 16 22:21:59 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END