Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 09 June 2005

[Thu Jun 9 19:26:42 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 9 19:26:49 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc 2 levels sorcerer, but no offensive magic
[Thu Jun 9 19:26:56 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc k :)
[Thu Jun 9 19:26:57 2005] : (6) Huerney: Sure, we'll fare great against this mage woman?!
[Thu Jun 9 19:27:07 2005] : (4) Belros: :D
[Thu Jun 9 19:27:39 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney wonders what to do
[Thu Jun 9 19:27:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc where are we? did we ever go back some normal place, or are we still burrying the charred ones?
[Thu Jun 9 19:27:48 2005] : (1) DM: Those that are still alive are standard around two remorhaz corpses. The charred bodies of their former companions lying in the dirt of the road.
[Thu Jun 9 19:28:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Still at the burialsite
[Thu Jun 9 19:28:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us bury them"
[Thu Jun 9 19:28:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to dig
[Thu Jun 9 19:28:51 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella helps
[Thu Jun 9 19:29:35 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I don't see another way, we can't afford to resurrect them"
[Thu Jun 9 19:30:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I guess so, we're unlikey to get any aid in the last village, and the town won't help us"
[Thu Jun 9 19:30:43 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We're more likely to be arrested if we go back there"
[Thu Jun 9 19:30:47 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "We'd have trouble getting in there"
[Thu Jun 9 19:30:56 2005] : (6) Huerney: "So there's not much for it"
[Thu Jun 9 19:31:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Exactly"
[Thu Jun 9 19:31:15 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Huerney, do you want to take some of their remains, on the off chance?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:31:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Does anyone have a spade?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:31:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I don't know Hollyella, it seems a bit grim"
[Thu Jun 9 19:32:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: "But I'd hate to think that Nerin was permanently gone"
[Thu Jun 9 19:32:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And Marnak too of course"
[Thu Jun 9 19:32:31 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Though it would be nice to get Nerin back"
[Thu Jun 9 19:32:46 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "And Marnak of course"
[Thu Jun 9 19:32:58 2005] : (6) Huerney: "it would indeed. I miss him already"
[Thu Jun 9 19:33:03 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles as she thinks of Nerin
[Thu Jun 9 19:33:16 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc sniff sniff
[Thu Jun 9 19:33:29 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney checks the saddlebags of Nerin's and Marnak's horses for a spade
[Thu Jun 9 19:33:45 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Hollyella gives Belros a hanky
[Thu Jun 9 19:33:54 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nothing from Marnak.
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:05 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc I've no idea what was in those saddlebags
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:10 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: You see a mounted horse in the distance.
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc gah! Can't type!
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc Huerney pulls a portable JCB from Nerin's saddlebags
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:38 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Looks alright to me
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:47 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc oh yes, I'd forgotten about that
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc and a marteau-piqueur
[Thu Jun 9 19:34:50 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nth attempt :-)
[Thu Jun 9 19:35:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc brb, artichoke is ready
[Thu Jun 9 19:35:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney uses whatever is available, his shield if necessary to start digging the graves
[Thu Jun 9 19:35:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: The horseman rides along the road towards you
[Thu Jun 9 19:36:25 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella doesn't notice him, she's busy digging and crying
[Thu Jun 9 19:37:08 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: The horseman rides up and reins in his horse, then dismounts.
[Thu Jun 9 19:37:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: He takes his sword from his back, and lays it on the ground.
[Thu Jun 9 19:37:45 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "A sad time to meet travellers on this road, I fear."
[Thu Jun 9 19:37:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc back
[Thu Jun 9 19:37:59 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella looks up
[Thu Jun 9 19:38:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Why is that?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:38:09 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Yes, it is a sad time"
[Thu Jun 9 19:38:18 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney digs in silence
[Thu Jun 9 19:39:19 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Burying comrades, or fallen foes? Either way, not a pleasant experience. Do you want my aid?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:39:37 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella returns to the digging
[Thu Jun 9 19:39:46 2005] : (6) Huerney: When there's a hole big enough huerney moves away from it
[Thu Jun 9 19:39:47 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Do you have a spade?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:40:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I guess"
[Thu Jun 9 19:40:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Help would be appreciated"
[Thu Jun 9 19:40:40 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I do. I will dig or let you dig."
[Thu Jun 9 19:40:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Aylanne can you help me place Nerin in the grave. We'll need to take his armour and things off first."
[Thu Jun 9 19:41:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne helps Huerney
[Thu Jun 9 19:41:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Who speaks elvish?
[Thu Jun 9 19:41:38 2005] : (6) Huerney: When done, huerney lays Nerin in the grave respectfully
[Thu Jun 9 19:41:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I do, remember the ears ;)
[Thu Jun 9 19:41:44 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc not me
[Thu Jun 9 19:42:17 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Hollyella does
[Thu Jun 9 19:42:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Tar?
[Thu Jun 9 19:43:06 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc not me. Common only.
[Thu Jun 9 19:43:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I think perhaps digging a hole for the horse is a bit ambitious"
[Thu Jun 9 19:43:25 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I shall make a pyre instead"
[Thu Jun 9 19:43:29 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc We already buried him last week :P
[Thu Jun 9 19:43:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Oh my, my memory is shot"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:03 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I already buried him didn't I"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:24 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Let's just bury our friends and then find a place to rest"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I believe you did"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am going to miss that dwarf of a friend"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:37 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Yes, you did, I helped you"
[Thu Jun 9 19:44:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sighs
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "He was my best ... one of my best friends"
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:05 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney busies himself with digging Marnak's grave , then burying him
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks to the skies and calls Ananiel
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:13 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:43 2005] : (6) Huerney: When all is done...
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne whispers something to Ananiel and lets her go
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:48 2005] : (1) DM: Make spot checks everyone.
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:54 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I should like to say a few words"
[Thu Jun 9 19:45:56 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran has wandered off a bit, and stands on guard
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:01 2005] : (6) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [20,-2] = (18)
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ananiel Daylight Spot Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [17,16] = (33)
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Ashes to ashes, funk to funky..."
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:36 2005] : (4) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne hums along
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:53 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella bows her head as she listens to Huerney's words
[Thu Jun 9 19:46:54 2005] : (1) DM: Ananiel makes harsh warning call.
[Thu Jun 9 19:47:00 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We know the Duke of Lukern's a junkie"
[Thu Jun 9 19:47:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What's wrong?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:47:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ananiel has spotted something"
[Thu Jun 9 19:47:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney goes on for a while about heroes and exciting adventures with friends
[Thu Jun 9 19:47:52 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella looks up at Ananiel
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:06 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev remounts his horse, and sits ready for combat
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:07 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Do you know what she saw?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:08 2005] : (1) DM: As you look around you don't see anything unusual.
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc where is she?
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:27 2005] : (1) DM: Ananiel is circling around to the west.
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No, I am not sure, but that sounded very much like a warning"
[Thu Jun 9 19:48:43 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And she seems to be stuck out there in the West"
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:21 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Does that mean that she sees someting there?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Probably"
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks harder
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:45 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "We'd better fill the graves and be ready then"
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I was riding to Tansis. I have no urgent business, however, and will throw in my lot with you if you wish. If you need a testimonial, know that I was a captain of horse in the Flameguard."
[Thu Jun 9 19:49:54 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Yes."
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Did Nerin not have googles of some kind?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I think he may have had"
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: "They'll be in the pile by the horses"
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:46 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+18] -> [15,18] = (33)
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney throws a small keepsake of his own into the grave of Nerin
[Thu Jun 9 19:50:54 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc lol @ googles
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol goggles
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney then helps to fill the graves
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:23 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella fills the graces as she's saying a small prayer
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:42 2005] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [3,-2] = (1)
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Jun 9 19:51:52 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu Jun 9 19:52:54 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella points to the west
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Again?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Whispering: "Over there"
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What's there?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney then keeps to filling the graves
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne adopts the same whispering tone
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:23 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev rides closer, to hear better
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:24 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "A noise, like someone stepping on a twig"
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc err?
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney keeps filling the graves
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:37 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc that's closer to Holly
[Thu Jun 9 19:53:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc is Ananiel still there circling?
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:10 2005] : (7) Hollyella: To Shev: "Can't you see? It's just at the other side of the hedge"
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:19 2005] : (1) DM: Ananiel is nearly circling overhead now.
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:29 2005] : (1) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:42 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:43 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney straps his slightly scuffed shield back onto his arm
[Thu Jun 9 19:54:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [16,-2] = (14)
[Thu Jun 9 19:55:16 2005] : (1) DM: ooc spot check, Ayhlanne.
[Thu Jun 9 19:55:23 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev is ready, shield floating by his left side, sword held ready
[Thu Jun 9 19:55:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
[Thu Jun 9 19:55:38 2005] : (1) DM: Suddenly....
[Thu Jun 9 19:56:17 2005] : (1) DM: 8 people in mottled green and brown burst through the hedgerow and for a semi circle around you.
[Thu Jun 9 19:56:33 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Who are you?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:56:42 2005] : (1) DM: All carry drawn short swords.
[Thu Jun 9 19:56:54 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her bow ready
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:00 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney doesn't flinch, but looks tired and emotionally drained
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:00 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "What do you want?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne puts her hands on her swords
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what are those little green things so easy to kill in BG?
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:26 2005] : (1) DM: The figure in the centre halts and says something sharply in elvish.
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:37 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc xvarts?
[Thu Jun 9 19:57:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc that's it
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:00 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Answers in Elvish: "WHy?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:34 2005] : (7) Hollyella: To Huerney: "They want us to stand down"
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne to Hollyella : "PLease, let me handle this"
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:45 2005] : (1) DM: The other 7 people sheath their swords."
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I'm not stood up!"
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev appears to relax a little when it becomes clear that some of the party can communicate with the elves.
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:52 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Sure"
[Thu Jun 9 19:58:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: in elvish : "Why should we stand down?"
[Thu Jun 9 19:59:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes her hat off
[Thu Jun 9 19:59:11 2005] : (1) DM: The leader pulls back the hood of his garments.
[Thu Jun 9 19:59:55 2005] : (1) DM: He's an elf. (the ears give it away). The face is daubed with brown and green paint.
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: (assume all that follows is in elvish)
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:19 2005] : (1) DM: He salutes. Closed fist to his chest and says in stilled common.
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc or don't
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well met"
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc oops
[Thu Jun 9 20:00:57 2005] : (1) DM: "We salute you noble warriors. For I see you have slain two beasts of the Frost Witch."
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:00 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Yes, well met"
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have, so why would you want us to stand down?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:20 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Unfortunately two of our number perished also"
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:24 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "The cost was too high, though"
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:35 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Three if you include my faithful steed"
[Thu Jun 9 20:01:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I must apologise, for I arrived too late. My blade is idle for now, and I offer it to you."
[Thu Jun 9 20:02:40 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: The leader looks puzzled for a moment. "Ah. A misunderstanding. I was instructing the squad (he waves his hand indicating the other elves) to cease their attack."
[Thu Jun 9 20:02:54 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "No need to apologise, it's not your fault we were ambushed"
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Ah, I see"
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne eases the grip on her swords
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:23 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I was riding to Tansis to work for the Watch. It seems that I can help more here."
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:28 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Your loses wounds us as surely it wounds you. We will honour your fallen companions in song."
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:42 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella puts her bow back and goes to her pony
[Thu Jun 9 20:03:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: "As will I"
[Thu Jun 9 20:04:23 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "That would be a very nice gesture"
[Thu Jun 9 20:04:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks puzzled
[Thu Jun 9 20:04:42 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: *The leader bows*
[Thu Jun 9 20:04:42 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney looses the shield to allow him to get on with some needed chores
[Thu Jun 9 20:04:54 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: He seems very polite and formal.
[Thu Jun 9 20:05:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev swings his sword up and into its sheath
[Thu Jun 9 20:05:22 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Oh forgive me. I have been lapsed in introducing myself."
[Thu Jun 9 20:06:45 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Scout master A'Thedor at your service." *another bow*
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne Selveneye" *nods*
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:13 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "You may call me Magaga"
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:18 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella nods
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:30 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Huerney White-Eye"
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney bows his head briefly
[Thu Jun 9 20:07:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Tar Shevran, Captain in the Flameguard as was."
[Thu Jun 9 20:08:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev places one gauntleted fist over his heart
[Thu Jun 9 20:08:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at Tar
[Thu Jun 9 20:08:52 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Now if I may be bold. May I ask a question of you?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:09:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ask, we may, or may not answer"
[Thu Jun 9 20:09:49 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "What brings you under the attention of the Frost Queen?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:09:57 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: ooc Frost Witch
[Thu Jun 9 20:10:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "If only we knew..."
[Thu Jun 9 20:10:17 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "That is something we would like to know, I hoped you could tell us"
[Thu Jun 9 20:10:50 2005] : (6) Huerney: "She mentioned something about a prophecy or somesuch"
[Thu Jun 9 20:11:19 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "We never even heard of her before this attack"
[Thu Jun 9 20:11:27 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Something about us being a threat"
[Thu Jun 9 20:11:58 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "A prophesy? These a things beyond the ken of a mere scout-master such as I. Would you care to travel to the court. Tiding of a prophesy are something the sages would be interested in."
[Thu Jun 9 20:13:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hmmm. If we could finish with our friends there?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:13:22 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a hold of her pony to keep from falling over
[Thu Jun 9 20:13:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And where are those sages of yours?
[Thu Jun 9 20:13:37 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Of course" *bows his head respectfully*
[Thu Jun 9 20:13:46 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I'm too tired to go anywhere at the moment, I'm afraid"
[Thu Jun 9 20:14:23 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "The sagas of the court of Lindean lie deep in the forest. We will guide you there for the forest is treacherous for the unfamiliar."
[Thu Jun 9 20:14:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would like to converse with my friends here for a minute"
[Thu Jun 9 20:14:57 2005] : (6) Huerney: "After the exertion of battle and the trauma of loss, I fear that we need to rest before moving on"
[Thu Jun 9 20:14:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So that we choose the best course of action"
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Resting indeed is one of the things we cannot do without"
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:26 2005] : (8) Nerin (enter): 20:15
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:31 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Of course. We will wait near by.
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I'm sorry if this inconveniences you"
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But maybe you could tell me where the Court lies, and I could lead my friends there when we have rested?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:15:55 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc ORPG locked again :/
[Thu Jun 9 20:16:00 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I can stand guard for you all."
[Thu Jun 9 20:16:00 2005] : (4) Belros (exit): 20:16
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne steps aside motioning the others to come
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:04 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I don't know the customs of elves too well, but the loss of a close friend is not something that one recovers from immediatatly"
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:25 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc atatly??
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:34 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc enthusiasm!
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:40 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Ah. A excellent suggestion Ayleane except.. the court does not permit unescorted travellers to venture into the deep forest. A wise precaution I think you'll understand."
[Thu Jun 9 20:17:53 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella walks over to Ayhlanne and sits down besides her
[Thu Jun 9 20:18:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We could decide on a meeting point deeper in the forest"
[Thu Jun 9 20:18:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I of course understand this"
[Thu Jun 9 20:18:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But let me talk to my friends first"
[Thu Jun 9 20:19:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: to the others
[Thu Jun 9 20:19:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: whispering almost
[Thu Jun 9 20:19:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well, I think we have met the dreadful elves from the West. They don't seem that dreadful to me"
[Thu Jun 9 20:19:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "At least they are polite"
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:08 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev listens but doesn't say anything
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I was expecting more of rampant creatures after the descriptions we had"
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:17 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "And they might have information we need"
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney takes a small bag and puts a lock of Nerin's hair in it.
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:41 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I'm just curious they are so far away from home"
[Thu Jun 9 20:20:57 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney does the same for a lock of Marnak's hair
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So what do we do?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Aprt from resting?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:51 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Go to them, after we've rested"
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I suggest we take time to rest and then go and meet them in the forest"
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:54 2005] : (8) Belros: [8d4+35] -> [4,3,1,1,4,1,1,4,35] = (54)
[Thu Jun 9 20:21:56 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I don't know if it's just me, buthe seems awfully eager to get us there"
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or confront them right away with the rumors?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc 4 ones??
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Agreed Huerney"
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:45 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc :/
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:52 2005] : (6) Huerney: "He seemed rather irked when Holly nearly fainted and suggested that she needed rest"
[Thu Jun 9 20:22:57 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "They could have tried to kill us immediately, but they want to honour our dead instead"
[Thu Jun 9 20:23:30 2005] : (8) Belros: [8d4+13] -> [1,1,3,2,4,2,4,2,13] = (32)
[Thu Jun 9 20:23:57 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I'm sorry about that, Huerney, bit I've never been strong and I tire easily"
[Thu Jun 9 20:24:11 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I have no problem with it Holly"
[Thu Jun 9 20:24:26 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I was pointing out that he did seem to find it annoying"
[Thu Jun 9 20:24:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Do you think asking them straight away if they're the "neasty eleves" is wise at all?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:24:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc don't ask huerney!!
[Thu Jun 9 20:24:59 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Better ask a small party than the king, in the centre of their court."
[Thu Jun 9 20:25:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed Tar, you do have a point"
[Thu Jun 9 20:25:14 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I still don't believe there are any *nasty* elves"
[Thu Jun 9 20:25:14 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I just feel washed out is all that I'm saying"
[Thu Jun 9 20:25:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Tar, I take it you've heard the rumors too?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:27:09 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I have heard some. I place little faith in rumour."
[Thu Jun 9 20:27:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well, they seemed more than rumors"
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But I feel quite comfortable asking this party"
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or should we rest first?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:19 2005] : (6) Huerney: "So maybe we should ask. Holly could you travel on horseback if necessary, and if possible in the wood?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Just in case"
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:40 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am fresh; it is your decision to make."
[Thu Jun 9 20:28:48 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "O, I'm sure somethinghas happened, but as long as the people outside the city walls don't even believe the elves did it, why should I?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:29:21 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I could travel a little further, I suppose"
[Thu Jun 9 20:29:22 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I doubt that the story we heard in Tansis is the whole story either way"
[Thu Jun 9 20:29:44 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney smiles at Holly
[Thu Jun 9 20:30:06 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "If the essentials are even true"
[Thu Jun 9 20:30:17 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles back
[Thu Jun 9 20:30:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would ask them though"
[Thu Jun 9 20:30:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Tar had a point"
[Thu Jun 9 20:30:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We'll see what their reaction and answer to that is"
[Thu Jun 9 20:31:07 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "It might be nice to travel with an escort, as long as it's not the city watch"
[Thu Jun 9 20:31:14 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella grins
[Thu Jun 9 20:32:05 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney chuckles, then looks glum again
[Thu Jun 9 20:32:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grins
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:08 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Be careful how you phrase your question, Ayhlanne, don't make it sound as if you think they might be quilty"
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:33 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: ooc huerney's the diplomat
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Do not worry. So we're going to travel with them?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yes, but I am the elf :P
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets up
[Thu Jun 9 20:33:56 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Only half :P
[Thu Jun 9 20:34:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 9 20:35:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:35:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Maybe I should be the one to ask? I often have a way with words that allows me to put a point across without offending"
[Thu Jun 9 20:35:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would start the conversation if you don't mind"
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And then let you take over"
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:14 2005] : (6) Huerney: "that's fine by me,"
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:27 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Right, let's do it"
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes her hat in hand and goes to the elves
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:41 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella gets up and follows Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 9 20:36:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: HUerney follws Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 9 20:37:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A'Dhorsomethingorother, we have decided to follow you"
[Thu Jun 9 20:37:18 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran sits back at a respectful distance, but listens
[Thu Jun 9 20:37:27 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "However, I have a question I would ask of you, if you'll let me"
[Thu Jun 9 20:37:50 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Splendid. A question? Certainly."
[Thu Jun 9 20:38:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne shows her hat
[Thu Jun 9 20:38:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "As we came into Tansis, I had to buy this, in order to hide my origins"
[Thu Jun 9 20:38:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Can you tell me more about the reason why?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:39:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne makes a vague gesture towards her ears
[Thu Jun 9 20:39:31 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "I an not familar with the customs of the city-dwellers."
[Thu Jun 9 20:40:01 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "They do not like your ears?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:40:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "They do not like my elven origins"
[Thu Jun 9 20:40:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We have heard much rumour on our recent travels, some by word of mouth, some from the head of the Tansis city watch"
[Thu Jun 9 20:40:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "In fact, their attitude towards elves was quite overtly menacing"
[Thu Jun 9 20:41:07 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "That is most curious. (to huerney) Tell me of these rumours".
[Thu Jun 9 20:41:31 2005] : (6) Huerney: "The suggestion was that there had been raids on the outlying provinces of this region by a band of agressive elves"
[Thu Jun 9 20:42:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Some people seem to have swallowed this story piecemeal, yet to those who live closer by, there seems to be a fair amount of astonishment at these stories"
[Thu Jun 9 20:42:25 2005] : (6) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+21] -> [8,21] = (29)
[Thu Jun 9 20:43:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "One such rumour had it that a farmstead had been razed"
[Thu Jun 9 20:43:48 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "They cannot be more than rumours. We, the Lindean elves, are the only elves in this region. And what would we have with this barren and regimented land" (he sweeps his arm to indicated the surrounding farmland)
[Thu Jun 9 20:44:11 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: The farmland is actually rich and far from being barren."
[Thu Jun 9 20:44:16 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "The rumours didn't rign true to us either"
[Thu Jun 9 20:44:36 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc /me remembers he's being quiet.
[Thu Jun 9 20:44:50 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: (he grows more heated) "See the trees. Standing alone without their brethren. What Lindean elves would wish such a place."
[Thu Jun 9 20:45:28 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "You humans, with your axes and ploughs. What need we of that?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:45:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne nods
[Thu Jun 9 20:45:30 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Ah, but elves live long, and perhaps in the lifetime of a man, the land could be covered with trees"
[Thu Jun 9 20:46:24 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "What is the past when one lives in the present and for the future?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:46:50 2005] : (6) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [6,-2] = (4)
[Thu Jun 9 20:47:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: "It seems odd to me, nonetheless that the people of the city should be using such rumour"
[Thu Jun 9 20:48:19 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We found it quite distressing"
[Thu Jun 9 20:48:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Anyway, we merely wished to let you know what we had heard, before we agreed to come"
[Thu Jun 9 20:48:34 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "Perhaps the Frost Witches poisons the minds of these city-dwellers against us. This is grave news."
[Thu Jun 9 20:48:41 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Jun 9 20:48:59 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "We should make haste for the court."
[Thu Jun 9 20:49:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "One must question why anyone would lie thus"
[Thu Jun 9 20:49:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It seems it could be something of the kind, yes"
[Thu Jun 9 20:49:06 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Indeed I had wondered if there was a connection"
[Thu Jun 9 20:50:33 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Let us go then, but not too quiclky, please"
[Thu Jun 9 20:50:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Will we be able to ride on this journey?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:50:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gathers her things and prepares her horse
[Thu Jun 9 20:50:56 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Whispering to Huerney: "He seems honest enough"
[Thu Jun 9 20:51:13 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: "You may ride. I will guide you along suitable paths."
[Thu Jun 9 20:51:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: Whispering to Holly "While I find I can sway the minds of men with eloquent speech, I find that I am often quite blind to the motives of others"
[Thu Jun 9 20:52:12 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella groans as she looks at her pony, then gets up
[Thu Jun 9 20:52:43 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles and nods at Ayhlanne: "Let's see where your kin lives"
[Thu Jun 9 20:52:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran is ready to ride, and remains alert
[Thu Jun 9 20:52:54 2005] : (6) Huerney: HUerney makes some adjustments to the saddle of Nerin's horse and mounts
[Thu Jun 9 20:53:40 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney ties marnak's horse to a leather tether and leads it
[Thu Jun 9 20:53:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We are ready"
[Thu Jun 9 20:55:01 2005] : (1) Elven Leader: A'Thedor leads the way. 2 elves souting ahead, 2 covering the rear and the remaining 3 keeping close by.
[Thu Jun 9 20:55:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows at the head
[Thu Jun 9 20:55:34 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Speaking softly: "Huerney, could you ask them what they were doing here?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:55:58 2005] : (1) DM: He leads you along little used paths through the farmland. Heading west for the forest.
[Thu Jun 9 20:56:51 2005] : (6) Huerney: Whisperinn to Holly "If you think it may be contentious, otherwise I see no reason why you can't ask"
[Thu Jun 9 20:56:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tries to keep track of the way
[Thu Jun 9 20:57:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 9 20:57:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc it would be Wilderness Lore
[Thu Jun 9 20:57:33 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what Huerney said.
[Thu Jun 9 20:57:36 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "You are the silver-tongued one, Huerney" Hollyella smiles
[Thu Jun 9 20:58:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Jun 9 20:58:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Excuse me A'Teador, what brought you so far out of the forest, nigh up to the road today?"
[Thu Jun 9 20:58:37 2005] : (1) DM: Diplomacy roll.
[Thu Jun 9 20:58:43 2005] : (6) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+21] -> [14,21] = (35)
[Thu Jun 9 21:00:17 2005] : (1) DM: "The creatures that you slew. We scout and hunt out minions of the Frost Witch. The sages brought word of a magical disturbance and we were dispatched to investigate. Alas, we were too late to aid you."
[Thu Jun 9 21:00:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Alas indeed"
[Thu Jun 9 21:00:41 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jun 9 21:00:52 2005] : (6) Huerney: "So you are opposed to the err... frost Witch did you call her?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:01:34 2005] : (1) DM: "The Frost Witch seeks the destruction of the forest. She finds the life and warmth within abhorant."
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Yes, she does seem very fond of cold"
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:06 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Do you seek her destruction or your own safety?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:10 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella shivers
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne observes A'Teador closely
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Jun 9 21:02:52 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: "Our safety through her destruction."
[Thu Jun 9 21:03:31 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "There is not always a choice, of course"
[Thu Jun 9 21:03:39 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Obviously, you are loyal to your people and your nation. However, how did this conflict start?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:03:59 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: Diplomacy roll, Tar.
[Thu Jun 9 21:04:51 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Jun 9 21:05:03 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc nice :-/
[Thu Jun 9 21:05:24 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc methinks this elf is a little touchy
[Thu Jun 9 21:05:48 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc oh great, Now I'm singing A-Ha
[Thu Jun 9 21:05:48 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: "This history of our people is something I will not reveal to outsiders such as yourselves. I mean no disrespect."
[Thu Jun 9 21:05:54 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Just a bit
[Thu Jun 9 21:06:09 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "No offence is taken."
[Thu Jun 9 21:06:33 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Will we cause offence by asking when we reach the Court?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:06:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I still wonder why the Frost witch is after us"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "As do I"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We only just came here"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And yet she seems to know of us"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:14 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I'm sure our new friend meant no disrespect either, but we have no knowledge of this Frost Wich, only that she appears to have attacked us twice with no provocation"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:21 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "And we already have been attacked twice"
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:27 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: "They may choose not to tell. I know not the will of the Court in such matters."
[Thu Jun 9 21:07:59 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: "I understand your concerns. Let us say no more on this."
[Thu Jun 9 21:08:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I will respect your request"
[Thu Jun 9 21:08:50 2005] : (6) Huerney: "however, I'm sure that it is a burning question to each of us"
[Thu Jun 9 21:08:55 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev rides silently and watchfully, ready to draw a weapon.
[Thu Jun 9 21:09:25 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella shrugs and rides on
[Thu Jun 9 21:09:27 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: Sometime later...
[Thu Jun 9 21:09:57 2005] : (6) Huerney: After a while, huerney looks antsy
[Thu Jun 9 21:10:13 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: One of the lead elves returns, escorting another elf.
[Thu Jun 9 21:10:18 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella fights hard not to nod off
[Thu Jun 9 21:10:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc by the way, waas I able to make out the way?
[Thu Jun 9 21:10:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I hate to bring this up again... But do you have any opinion as to why we were attacked A'Thedor"
[Thu Jun 9 21:11:05 2005] : (1) Scout: "Sir, we found this elf not far from the border. His name is Belros."
[Thu Jun 9 21:11:26 2005] : (8) Belros: "Greetings"
[Thu Jun 9 21:11:47 2005] : (6) Huerney: huerney whispers to holly "why would he say 'We found this ELF'?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:11:48 2005] : (1) Scout: ooc You couldn't find the exact path again. These elves seem to know the area extremely well.
[Thu Jun 9 21:11:50 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Greetings, Berros" Hollyella smiles
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:04 2005] : (1) Scout: ooc because your DM is thick.
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:09 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Whispering back: "Because they don't know him?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc soz ;)
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:29 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc soz????
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:39 2005] : (8) Belros: "I was just passing through and was accosted and brought here"
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:48 2005] : (8) Belros: "Could anyone explain whats going on?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:50 2005] : (1) Scout: "Sir, we found this person not far from the border. His name is Belros. I know not where he comes from."
[Thu Jun 9 21:12:54 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc sorry => soz
[Thu Jun 9 21:13:19 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Strange, I never would have thought
[Thu Jun 9 21:13:45 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: (to Belros) "What brings you to the area?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:14:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "It seems you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, Berros"
[Thu Jun 9 21:14:11 2005] : (8) Belros: "Well, I'm looking for something, actually. Maybe you can help"
[Thu Jun 9 21:14:30 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "Looking for what exactly?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:14:41 2005] : (8) Belros: "I've heard tell of an ancient dagger lost in this area"
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:09 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I have my daggers, but none of them are more than a year old."
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:16 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros approaches A'Thedor with an old battered map
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:28 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And presumably, not lost either Shev"
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:31 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: A'Thedor takes a look at the map
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:41 2005] : (8) Belros: "careful!"
[Thu Jun 9 21:15:59 2005] : (8) Belros: "This has been passed through many hands over centuries"
[Thu Jun 9 21:16:15 2005] : (8) Belros: "As you can see, its barely legible"
[Thu Jun 9 21:16:37 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "This map is truely ancient. His finger traces the line marking the edge of the forest. I remember not the time the forest reached such an extent."
[Thu Jun 9 21:17:10 2005] : (8) Belros: "If I could only match features on the map to the surroundings"
[Thu Jun 9 21:17:22 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "What does this map show to you and why do you seek a dagger?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:17:43 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella rides over to look at the map
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:01 2005] : (8) Belros: "I'm not sure what it shows, thats the problem. As for why I'm looking for it, why not?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:22 2005] : (8) Belros: "It might be worth a good price to the right person"
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:29 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc presumably this conversation is in elvish
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:40 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc yes.
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:42 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc I'll assume that Holly is relaying it
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:47 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 9 21:18:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows with interest
[Thu Jun 9 21:19:26 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: A'Thedor looks at Belros thoughtfully for a while.
[Thu Jun 9 21:20:03 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella whispers a translation to Huerney and Shevran
[Thu Jun 9 21:20:13 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros turns to the others and speaks (in common)
[Thu Jun 9 21:20:50 2005] : (8) Belros: "Oh, my apologies. I get so locked up in things I can sometimes barely notice people"
[Thu Jun 9 21:20:50 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "The map tells me nothing. It is too old. Perhaps one our sages would be interested in your quest."
[Thu Jun 9 21:21:32 2005] : (8) Belros: "Perhaps I could talk to these sages?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:21:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "My name is Tar Shevran; my blade is your shield. I am Flameguard."
[Thu Jun 9 21:22:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc did we say we did not want a paladin? ;-)
[Thu Jun 9 21:22:05 2005] : (8) Belros: (um, back to others)
[Thu Jun 9 21:22:11 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev says it with the sound and rhythm of a ritual greeting.
[Thu Jun 9 21:22:45 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc not paladin; more like a soldier - honourable, but less interfering. Bit lost, now he's not got an army any more.
[Thu Jun 9 21:22:56 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Didn't Bert tell us *he* wanted to be a paladin?
[Thu Jun 9 21:23:02 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "We will escort you to the court. And I must apologise for the rough treatment earlier. We must be cautious here on the border you understand."
[Thu Jun 9 21:23:04 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc no chance!!
[Thu Jun 9 21:23:23 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc I'm sure you did :P
[Thu Jun 9 21:23:30 2005] : (8) Belros: "Cautious eh? Any particular reason?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:23:58 2005] : (8) Belros: "I've seen no trouble around here. Quite quiet actually"
[Thu Jun 9 21:24:43 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Then you have been extremely lucky"
[Thu Jun 9 21:24:48 2005] : (6) Huerney: "It seems that we are headed the same way. I am Huerney White-Eye, and this has been rather a bad day for us."
[Thu Jun 9 21:24:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Quiet is not exactly what we would call the area"
[Thu Jun 9 21:24:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But then we've been targets"
[Thu Jun 9 21:25:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ayhlanne Selveneye, if I can be of any help"
[Thu Jun 9 21:25:16 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "One should always be cautious when in the borderlands. One never knows what may occur."
[Thu Jun 9 21:25:25 2005] : (8) Belros: "I am known as Belros. Well met all."
[Thu Jun 9 21:25:43 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I have offered these travellers my sword. I had been riding to Tansis, but on no urgent mission."
[Thu Jun 9 21:25:48 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Well I sure didn't expect a remorhaz to jump out of the ground and eat my horse"
[Thu Jun 9 21:26:18 2005] : (8) Belros: "a Remorhaz, you say? You were lucky to get away at all"
[Thu Jun 9 21:26:26 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Well met, Belros, you can call me Magaga"
[Thu Jun 9 21:26:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We did not get away"
[Thu Jun 9 21:26:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Or rather, we did, but two of our friends did not"
[Thu Jun 9 21:26:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: "The go on to devour a close friend and a man to whom I was becoming friends"
[Thu Jun 9 21:27:03 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Two of us didn't, but both the remorhaz died"
[Thu Jun 9 21:27:59 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "For a group of five to leave any survivors is an achievement against one of those beasts."
[Thu Jun 9 21:28:19 2005] : (8) Belros: "I've heard tell of what happens when you are eaten by a Remhoraz"
[Thu Jun 9 21:28:20 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Still i believe that by common standards, we have actually fared well in loss of comrades. Most of ours left of their own accord"
[Thu Jun 9 21:29:11 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huernay sighs and whispers "Ah Myfanwy, would that you were here to share our pain"
[Thu Jun 9 21:29:20 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "And one returned" Hollyella smiles at Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 9 21:29:24 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 9 21:30:14 2005] : (6) Huerney: "unfortunatley Belros, I guess what you've heard is true. Our companions were horribly burned in it's gullet"
[Thu Jun 9 21:31:57 2005] : (8) Belros: "Not a nice way to meet your end"
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:11 2005] : (6) Huerney: "indeed"
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:15 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Not at all nice, no"
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:20 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney looks sad again
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:40 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella sways in the saddle
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:48 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc back
[Thu Jun 9 21:32:52 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "How much further, A'Theodor?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:33:06 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc wb :)
[Thu Jun 9 21:33:32 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "A little further in the forest and we will camp for the night before proceeding onwards on the morn."
[Thu Jun 9 21:34:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Camp, rest, I like that"
[Thu Jun 9 21:34:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So do I actually"
[Thu Jun 9 21:34:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how thick is the forest?
[Thu Jun 9 21:34:52 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc I read that as m o m
[Thu Jun 9 21:34:57 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: The edge is dense and appears impenetrable at first glance. (Wilderness roll.)
[Thu Jun 9 21:35:04 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Thu Jun 9 21:35:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
[Thu Jun 9 21:35:14 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I hate to bring this up again... But do you have any opinion as to why we were attacked A'Thedor"
[Thu Jun 9 21:35:41 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Jun 9 21:36:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Thu Jun 9 21:36:46 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: half an hour later and nearing dusk A'Thedor leads you to a pleasant clearing the the forest. A brook babbling along on one side.
[Thu Jun 9 21:36:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tries to spot through the trees at the sky to spot Ananiel
[Thu Jun 9 21:37:27 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: Ayhlanne, you spot some trees. The forest has a dense canopy.
[Thu Jun 9 21:37:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc canopy, THAT's the word I was looking for :). Even in the clearing?
[Thu Jun 9 21:38:01 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "Here you may rest if you wish. We will keep watch through the night."
[Thu Jun 9 21:38:30 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc Er. The clearing is, well, clear. You can see the sky etc. above.
[Thu Jun 9 21:38:31 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Do you have any opinion as to why we were attacked A'Thedor? I just have to ask."
[Thu Jun 9 21:38:32 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Thank you"
[Thu Jun 9 21:38:56 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella almost falls off her pony and has some trouble taking care of the animal
[Thu Jun 9 21:39:13 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I will watch as well. I might not have your vision, but I am fresh and do not need the rest."
[Thu Jun 9 21:39:16 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "I would postulate that the Frost Witch believe you important and a threat or her in some way."
[Thu Jun 9 21:39:35 2005] : (6) Huerney: "hmm, yeah, that would make sense"
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:03 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Now, to sort out my..."
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:11 2005] : (6) Huerney: "oh!"
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: AYhlanne calls Ananiel
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:13 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "(to Tar) I mean no offense but do not seem someone who would be accustomed to the forest. And you lack the vision we posess."
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:53 2005] : (6) Huerney: "All my bedding is gone"
[Thu Jun 9 21:40:57 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I am not, and I do not, but I do not need to rest. I will stand watch, or I will sit awake, and - should there be trouble - I will fight at your side."
[Thu Jun 9 21:41:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And my tent, and my water skins"
[Thu Jun 9 21:41:14 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "As you wish."
[Thu Jun 9 21:41:29 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I hate to rifle through Nerin's and Marnak's things"
[Thu Jun 9 21:41:54 2005] : (8) Belros: "If you were as good friends as you seemed to indicate, I doubt they would mind"
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:04 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Holly, would you help me with tis, I don't think I can do it on my own, but I need to or I'll not be able to rest"
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:20 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Take what you need, Huerney, I'm sure Nerin wouldn't mind at all"
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:24 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc after all, you stripped them bare of everything before burying them :P
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:34 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:48 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella goes to help Huerney
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:50 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ""
[Thu Jun 9 21:42:55 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc I have hair samples so we can ressurect them :P
[Thu Jun 9 21:43:06 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "What do you need me to do, Huerney?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:43:30 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc so you stripped them AND shaved them bare??
[Thu Jun 9 21:43:37 2005] : (6) Huerney: Just help me sorth through the things that are missing. It won't feel so bad if someone does it with me"
[Thu Jun 9 21:43:38 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc heartless!
[Thu Jun 9 21:43:52 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 9 21:44:33 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Of course, let's see what you need. A tent, a bedroll, food, flint and steel. Some food as well"
[Thu Jun 9 21:44:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: "huerney picks out a bedrool, a tent and other items like waterskins to replace his lost items"
[Thu Jun 9 21:44:41 2005] : (6) Huerney: huerney picks out a bedrool, a tent and other items like waterskins to replace his lost items
[Thu Jun 9 21:45:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "What are we going to do with all these other items?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:45:34 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros prepares for spellbook reading
[Thu Jun 9 21:45:37 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I believ that fool nerinhad a fortune in gems in his pack"
[Thu Jun 9 21:45:41 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "I'm sure we'll find someone that need them"
[Thu Jun 9 21:46:37 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Is there anything that you'd like to take as a keepsake?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:46:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc anything woody?
[Thu Jun 9 21:46:58 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc what was Marnak's armour?
[Thu Jun 9 21:47:08 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc nothing wood based
[Thu Jun 9 21:47:24 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc breastplate +1, glamered
[Thu Jun 9 21:47:26 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc but there's those goggles - eyes of the eagle
[Thu Jun 9 21:47:28 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc IIRC
[Thu Jun 9 21:48:06 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "That sounds inter..." Hollyella stops
[Thu Jun 9 21:48:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: "What's the matter?"
[Thu Jun 9 21:48:32 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc chainshirt +2, glamered. Also, buckler +1 and rapier of flame +2.
[Thu Jun 9 21:48:50 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros casually listens in to the conversation
[Thu Jun 9 21:49:06 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Never mind, Huerney, I can't think of it now"
[Thu Jun 9 21:49:23 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc I thought you talked out loud about those goggles
[Thu Jun 9 21:49:56 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc the items are there to see
[Thu Jun 9 21:50:41 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc you'd see them better with the goggles on :P
[Thu Jun 9 21:50:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I shall take Marnak's blade, and I shall see that he is revenged. As long as you and Ayhlanne agree"
[Thu Jun 9 21:50:51 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at the goggles and rapier for a moment, then looks away again
[Thu Jun 9 21:51:12 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I shall put my trusty blade with the other gear"
[Thu Jun 9 21:51:23 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc a rapier is a large sword to a gnome
[Thu Jun 9 21:51:38 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc And emotional rogue? Surely they're all supposed to be as hard-as-nails and ruthless. ;)
[Thu Jun 9 21:52:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 9 21:52:20 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc what armour does Shev have?
[Thu Jun 9 21:53:39 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc hello - anyone there?
[Thu Jun 9 21:53:48 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc no
[Thu Jun 9 21:53:57 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc full plate
[Thu Jun 9 21:54:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc it's black, with intricate gold tracery - looks expensive.
[Thu Jun 9 21:54:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc hh
[Thu Jun 9 21:54:38 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I know it's painful Holly, but these are just things in the end. Having to get my basic gear has shown me that."
[Thu Jun 9 21:54:40 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc does he have a hat ;)
[Thu Jun 9 21:54:51 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 9 21:55:03 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Still flash thoug ;)
[Thu Jun 9 21:55:19 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc bare-headed.
[Thu Jun 9 21:55:25 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Tomorrow, Huerney, today is for mourning"
[Thu Jun 9 21:55:38 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Maybe Shev could use some of these items too. Hee seems an honourable man. Like many a man of legend. I like him already"
[Thu Jun 9 21:56:00 2005] : (6) Huerney: "That's fine Holly."
[Thu Jun 9 21:56:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I wouldn't mind the goggles
[Thu Jun 9 21:56:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc but I suppose others might need them too
[Thu Jun 9 21:56:25 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney goes and lays down in his new bedroll
[Thu Jun 9 21:56:56 2005] : (6) Huerney: In a short while, the keen eared might discern some gentle weeping
[Thu Jun 9 21:57:48 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc I suspect I may crash soon - not sure though.
[Thu Jun 9 21:57:57 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc ??
[Thu Jun 9 21:57:58 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella lies down close to Huerney, pretending not to hear anything
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:08 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc funny computer behaviour.
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:09 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: ooc Shouldn't fly and play at the same time.
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:15 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:33 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc huh?
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne lies a bit away from the others
[Thu Jun 9 21:58:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: lsitening to the quiet rumor of the forest
[Thu Jun 9 21:59:19 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: The night passes uneventfully and you awake refreshed on another fine day. The early morning sun disapating the mist over the brook.
[Thu Jun 9 22:00:01 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Tar Shevran has spent much of the night on watch, but appears alert and refreshed.
[Thu Jun 9 22:00:02 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella gets some food out and starts reading her spellbook
[Thu Jun 9 22:00:05 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: "Shall we proceed onwards? We shall reach the Court today if we do not linger overmuch."
[Thu Jun 9 22:00:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney wakes up and sits for about 15 moinutes with a pen in his hand and a piece of paper
[Thu Jun 9 22:00:43 2005] : (6) Huerney: He then proceeds to sing a different song to his usual morning tune, but no-one else can quite hear the words
[Thu Jun 9 22:01:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I am ready now. My song to fallen comrades is sung, and my powers refreshed"
[Thu Jun 9 22:01:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go indeed"
[Thu Jun 9 22:01:35 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "He's got a good voice, that lad. He could be successful on a stage, if he desired."
[Thu Jun 9 22:01:42 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: The elves form up as before and lead the way.
[Thu Jun 9 22:01:59 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros lifts his solitary backpack and is ready to leave
[Thu Jun 9 22:02:10 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: You ride on. Passing an occasional leafy dwelling high the the largest of the trees.
[Thu Jun 9 22:02:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Belros, there is a spare horse here, should you require one"
[Thu Jun 9 22:02:22 2005] : (8) Belros: "Yes, a fine voice"
[Thu Jun 9 22:03:02 2005] : (8) Belros: "I would welcome it, thank you"
[Thu Jun 9 22:03:25 2005] : (8) Belros: "I presume this belongs to one of your fallen friends"
[Thu Jun 9 22:03:40 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney unhitches the leather cord that ties Marnak's horse to the one he's riding
[Thu Jun 9 22:03:44 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: Towards the end of the day you cross a guarded wooden bridge.
[Thu Jun 9 22:04:43 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella looks around her
[Thu Jun 9 22:04:45 2005] : (1) A'Thedor.: A'Thedor stops and bows deeply towards you. "Welcome to the Court of Lindean, travellers, and adventurers. May the trees always shelter you."
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:06 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: Shev bows to A'Thedor, and salutes hand-over-heart
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:13 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Now that sounds like a fine welcomE"
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:21 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "May the plains be open beneath your feet."
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: "may the luck of heroes be with you A'Thedor"
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:39 2005] : (8) Belros: "Indeed it is, huerney"
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney bows in return
[Thu Jun 9 22:05:46 2005] : (1) DM: Around you stand enourmous trees. Truely might specimens. Nestled high in their branches are wooden platforms and building seemingly one with the living wood of the trees.
[Thu Jun 9 22:06:18 2005] : (1) DM: Elves move about Along the paths and up the wooden stairs and walkways strung between the tree."
[Thu Jun 9 22:06:29 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella stares and smiles, she seems delighted
[Thu Jun 9 22:06:52 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Well that's an eye opener, and no mistake"
[Thu Jun 9 22:06:57 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "What a truly beautifil home"
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:06 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc said in best Sam Gamgee voice
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Beautiful indeed"
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:15 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros breathes deeply
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne seems to be daydreaming
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:27 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It is fine indeed."
[Thu Jun 9 22:07:51 2005] : (1) A'Thenor: "It is isn't it." (smiing and looking very peaceful and content).
[Thu Jun 9 22:08:31 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "Greetings."
[Thu Jun 9 22:08:48 2005] : (1) A'Thenor: "Now if you will follow me I will lead you to the guest quarters where you may refresh, eat and rest."
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:16 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Is there somewhere where we can rest our horses?"
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:29 2005] : (8) Belros: "My my. It seems like only a few minutes since we left the clearing"
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:32 2005] : (1) A'Thenor: (in elvish to the rest of his squad) "Dismissed. Go visit your families."
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:40 2005] : (1) A'Thenor: ooc it was most of the day.
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:49 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc is this a different elf, or the same one?
[Thu Jun 9 22:09:50 2005] : (8) Belros: oco i know, kust kidding :P
[Thu Jun 9 22:10:02 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: ooc if it's the same one, his name's a typo.
[Thu Jun 9 22:10:28 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Does this look like where you grew up, Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Jun 9 22:10:36 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: ooc Elf might be polite and gracious but he can't spell his own name.
[Thu Jun 9 22:10:47 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 9 22:11:01 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 9 22:11:07 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: He leads the way to one of the trees and the stair way encircling it.
[Thu Jun 9 22:11:40 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Umm, I don't think my horse will go up there A'Thedor"
[Thu Jun 9 22:12:09 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney flushes when he realises he called it my horse
[Thu Jun 9 22:12:16 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: And shows you to some luxurious guest quarters. Decorated with exquisit wood carvings and filled with scented flowering plants in pots.
[Thu Jun 9 22:12:34 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: Bowls of fruit and other food stand on the table in the centre area of the guest rooms.
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:01 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: "Eat, rest and relax. I will return on the morrow to present you to the Court."
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Partly Hollyella"
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Partly"
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:23 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "So what was different"
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:34 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney stands with the horses
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:43 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: Bowing once more he retreats from the rooms and departs.
[Thu Jun 9 22:13:49 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella sits down and picks a peace of fruit and a drink "So now the waiting game starts"
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:01 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney say's to Nerin's horse "It will be OK. I'll look after you"
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am not going to stay here and do nothing"
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:11 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I wish to meet some of those people here"
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:22 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney goes in search of some stabling
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:29 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: ooc obviously the horses were stabled on the ground.
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:45 2005] : (7) Hollyella: ooc Obviously :)
[Thu Jun 9 22:15:53 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc I first read that as ' Stapled to'
[Thu Jun 9 22:16:03 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc ROFL
[Thu Jun 9 22:16:29 2005] : (8) Belros: ooc must be tired
[Thu Jun 9 22:16:36 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "I will wait here. I do not know the customs here, and would not like to offend."
[Thu Jun 9 22:16:45 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney decides to think of what Nerin would do if he had died...
[Thu Jun 9 22:16:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets out and walks around
[Thu Jun 9 22:17:18 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I think that Nerin would have downed a good few ales to see me off"
[Thu Jun 9 22:17:26 2005] : (6) Huerney: "So I shall do that"
[Thu Jun 9 22:17:56 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Holly, was there any ale in your room? I believe that now is the time for a wake."
[Thu Jun 9 22:18:20 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It is better to drink with comrades, and - if you will have me - I will drink with you."
[Thu Jun 9 22:18:49 2005] : (6) Huerney: "We should be quite secure here, so it may be the best opportunity we have in a long time. "
[Thu Jun 9 22:18:49 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "Let's see what we can find to do Nerin justice"
[Thu Jun 9 22:18:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: "I think Shev... The more the merrier"
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:05 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella rummages around in the room
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:08 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: Ayhlanne, the various guards around the guest tree politey inform you that you are to remain there.
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:11 2005] : (8) Belros: "Alas, I have been able to drink as much as many, but I would join you if I may"
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "and we can tell you tales of Nerin and what we can of Marnak"
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:36 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Although he journeyed with us just a short while"
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:45 2005] : (1) A'Thedor: They explain there are strict customs governing vistors to the Court. Even fellow elves.
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:49 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne comes back
[Thu Jun 9 22:19:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I guess this is like a golden prison"
[Thu Jun 9 22:20:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We can't really go anywhere"
[Thu Jun 9 22:20:07 2005] : (6) Huerney: ooc is there ale in the rooms DM?
[Thu Jun 9 22:20:41 2005] : (6) Huerney: "So we sit and have a wake for our fallen friends Ayhlanne"
[Thu Jun 9 22:20:43 2005] : (1) DM: Are are various sorts of alcholic drinks. mead, ale, fruit wines and sprits.
[Thu Jun 9 22:20:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Please come and join us, it wouldn't be the same without you"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A wake?"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:19 2005] : (6) Huerney: Huerney hands her a tankard of ale
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Not my type"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:32 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Aye, a seeing off of departed friends"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I wish to think them happy whereever they are"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I do not want to cry for them"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:46 2005] : (6) Huerney: "And Ale would have been Nerin's choice"
[Thu Jun 9 22:21:55 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "The tradition is to drink to their memories, and celebrate their lives."
[Thu Jun 9 22:22:06 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "It is not an occasion for grief, but for joy."
[Thu Jun 9 22:22:09 2005] : (8) Belros: "I do not see anyone crying here"
[Thu Jun 9 22:22:34 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "And you won't, not tonight"
[Thu Jun 9 22:22:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Then good, fill my glass and count me in"
[Thu Jun 9 22:22:54 2005] : (7) Hollyella: Hollyella gets everyone lost of ale
[Thu Jun 9 22:23:09 2005] : (7) Hollyella: "To our friends, gone, but not forgotten"
[Thu Jun 9 22:23:19 2005] : (3) Tar Shevran: "To friends past."
[Thu Jun 9 22:23:21 2005] : (6) Huerney: "Ok, I'll start... Do you remember in Westlin... Pit fiend running around town... And Nerin, well he just..."
[Thu Jun 9 22:23:56 2005] : (8) Belros: Belros carefully sips on his ale and listens
[Thu Jun 9 22:23:59 2005] : (6) Huerney: And so it is - a wake to departed friends
[Thu Jun 9 22:24:04 2005] : (1) DM: And....
[Thu Jun 9 22:24:06 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END