Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 02 June 2005

[Thu Jun 2 19:20:07 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 2 19:20:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So what do we do now? Find a spot to get some sleep before we travel on?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:20:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney peers into the gloom
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I guess we should move some distance away before we settle down"
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:15 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Do we think there's more risk travelling by day or night? I'd prefer to put a little distance between ourselves and the city."
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:25 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Travel on unfamiliar roads, or sleep by unfamiliar roads"
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:43 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Lets see how far we can get in an hour"
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:47 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I wasn't about to suggest we rest right here"
[Thu Jun 2 19:21:57 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I agree. One hour's ride, then rest?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:22:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Sounds good to me"
[Thu Jun 2 19:22:44 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Sure, but shall we make the last 15 minutes or so a move away from the road?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:22:49 2005] : (5) Marnak: Marnak sets off, with his armour in its "brown travelling clothes" mode.
[Thu Jun 2 19:22:54 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Sounds wise."
[Thu Jun 2 19:22:54 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Aye good idea"
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney gees horsey on
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I take it nobody of us knows the way around here? What about you, Marnak?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:31 2005] : (5) Marnak: ooc that is, armour looking like armour, with an old brown cloak over it.
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:39 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella follows
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:47 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc brown trousers? ;)
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Henry, we'd decided that your armour could only do one appearance, remember.
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:53 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I've not had to leave this particular town at night before. I've had to leave it, but that was a long time ago."
[Thu Jun 2 19:23:57 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin follows
[Thu Jun 2 19:24:29 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Do you know anything about the area west of here?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:24:40 2005] : (5) Marnak: ooc yes, I remembered about 5 seconds too late! It does either "natural", so looking like armour, or "disguised", looking like smart, extravagant purple tunic.
[Thu Jun 2 19:24:48 2005] : (1) Cricket: *chiirrrp* *chiiirrrp*
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:06 2005] : (5) Marnak: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:20 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Little. There's just a few villages that I know of."
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:22 2005] : (1) Owl: *Hoo Hooooo*
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Mmmm, muffins! :)
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:45 2005] : (5) Marnak: ooc strawberries!
[Thu Jun 2 19:25:59 2005] : (1) Muffin: Help! Help!
[Thu Jun 2 19:26:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Too late!\I ate you already!
[Thu Jun 2 19:26:15 2005] : (3) Nerin: "So, we might have people following us, and we have possibly hostile Elfs up ahead. Great!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:26:32 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I'm sure we can survive until daybreak."
[Thu Jun 2 19:26:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Jun 2 19:26:41 2005] : (1) DM: You don't here a sounds of pursuit.
[Thu Jun 2 19:27:06 2005] : (1) DM: You don't hear any sounds of pursuit.
[Thu Jun 2 19:27:09 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So am I, but I'd like to know where we're heading just the same"
[Thu Jun 2 19:27:32 2005] : (5) Marnak: DM: are we likely to reach anywhere within an hour?
[Thu Jun 2 19:27:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Well, I suppose they didn't make much of an effort to capture so maybe they just wanted us out"
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: Maybe so Nerin. Unfortunately, remember what happened at the last place that didn't want us in?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:18 2005] : (1) DM: You don't know exactly. You remember villages and farms being mentioned by Em back in Tansis. But you have no further details than that.
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:36 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "They sure didn't send a lot of people so they either wanted us here or they thought we'd come peacefully"
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc what was the place with the pit fiend called again??
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:48 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I have no idea what lies ahead; we are better just to ride."
[Thu Jun 2 19:28:57 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin grumbles
[Thu Jun 2 19:29:00 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Westlin?
[Thu Jun 2 19:29:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Just asking"
[Thu Jun 2 19:29:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc just came to me, yes Westlin
[Thu Jun 2 19:29:28 2005] : (5) Marnak: "And I was just answering. Sorry if I was rude; I prefer a full night's sleep!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:30:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So do I, unless the night's interesting" Hollyella laughs
[Thu Jun 2 19:30:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney keeps Horsey moving... with a whisper of silent hooves
[Thu Jun 2 19:30:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney keeps Horsey moving... with a whisper of silent hooves
[Thu Jun 2 19:30:37 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Well, I could be content with a full night in bed, in the right circumstances."
[Thu Jun 2 19:30:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "And what circumstances would that be"
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm just glad that they hadn't confiscated our horses or anything"
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:13 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella sounds flirtatious
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:20 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Possibly 'in the right company' would have been a better expression."
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:31 2005] : (5) Marnak: Marnak is making sleepy banter
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I never would have guessed"
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:48 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Ah, young innocents!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:57 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So what is the right company for you?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:31:58 2005] : (5) Marnak: Marnak winks
[Thu Jun 2 19:32:25 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella doesn't see the wink, it's dark
[Thu Jun 2 19:32:47 2005] : (1) DM: No one lit any lights?
[Thu Jun 2 19:32:52 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Hmm. Hard to say. She should be tall, slim - but not bony! never that! - rich, beautiful, eager to please, temperamental... This list goes on."
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:02 2005] : (5) Marnak: Not me - better to be unseen.
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I'm relying on my sharp eyed dwarf
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Tall? That's very disappointing"
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:21 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc who needs lights :P
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:30 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I am a little tall myself, dear lady!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: Horsey shouldn't really trip when he's 4 inches above the ground anyway
[Thu Jun 2 19:33:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Bloody dwarfs ;)
[Thu Jun 2 19:34:30 2005] : (5) Marnak: ooc you've got low-light vision too.
[Thu Jun 2 19:34:31 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc afk 2 mins
[Thu Jun 2 19:34:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella sobs: "So you don't want me then", and laughs out lod
[Thu Jun 2 19:34:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc that should have been *I'm relying on my sharp eyed dwarf friend* as opposed to my own dwarf - i don't have one of those ;)
[Thu Jun 2 19:34:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 19:35:01 2005] : (1) DM: You ride on for an hour or so. In the distance you see the lights from what seems to be a small village up ahead.
[Thu Jun 2 19:35:26 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I think we would receive a warmer welvome by the light of day"
[Thu Jun 2 19:35:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Still lights on? Don't those people ever go to sleep?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:35:48 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I'd rather have you by my side on stage than in bed, I'm afraid."
[Thu Jun 2 19:36:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I agree, perhaps now is time to try a move away from the road... Should we dismount and hae Nerin lead us?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:36:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "No need to be afraid, I'll protect you"
[Thu Jun 2 19:36:21 2005] : (5) Marnak: "Suits me."
[Thu Jun 2 19:36:48 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Fine, I'll take up the rear, I can see more than you can"
[Thu Jun 2 19:37:23 2005] : (5) Marnak: Are we going just out of sight of the road?
[Thu Jun 2 19:37:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I have trouble seeing my hand in front of m face in daylight on some days, so you're quite right"
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:05 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Perhaps you should eat more carrots"
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Far enough from the road to not be seen from it"
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:21 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc back
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Lead on Nerin, we're moving off the road"
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:42 2005] : (1) DM: The land around looks like farmland. fields surrounded be hedges and dry stone walls.
[Thu Jun 2 19:38:57 2005] : (5) Marnak: "We should use a wall for shelter."
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:04 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin dismounts and leads of to the roadside
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "A wall won't be tall enough to hide the horses"
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:25 2005] : (1) DM: [4d20] -> [6,20,1,1] = (28)
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:29 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella dismounts
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:36 2005] : (5) Marnak: ooc you've got an axe, right? Chop off the knees!
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:45 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Bloody DMs and their secret rolls ;)
[Thu Jun 2 19:39:46 2005] : (5) Marnak: Marnak follows
[Thu Jun 2 19:40:03 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc hopefully its just to make us nervous
[Thu Jun 2 19:40:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney dismounts
[Thu Jun 2 19:40:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It's odd leading a horse that's 4 inches taller!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:40:32 2005] : (1) DM: As you lead your horses through the uneven ground Nerin's horse stumbles on an unseen hole and starts limping.
[Thu Jun 2 19:40:59 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Argh, whats happened"
[Thu Jun 2 19:41:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Something wrong?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:41:32 2005] : (5) Marnak: "I'm no expert, though I'd be willing to have a look at the injury - see what I can do."
[Thu Jun 2 19:41:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'll take a look when we get to cover Nerin"
[Thu Jun 2 19:41:57 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Ma horse has hurt his leg"
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:26 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "The poor thing! Does it look very hurt?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:27 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc I wonder when Nerin started to sound scottish in my head
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, let's have a quick go now"
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:43 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Limping badly"
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney moves to the horse and holds the leg
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye Tried to cast Cure Light Wounds but has used all of them for today, "Please rest so I can cast more."
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:56 2005] : (1) DM: There's a small copse of woods a bit further on. Or there's a line of trees and hedgerow nearer.
[Thu Jun 2 19:42:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Moderate Wounds ( level 2, "Cures 2d8+1/level damage (max +10)[2d8+9] -> [5,8,9] = (22)" )
[Thu Jun 2 19:43:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc, that's +10 BTW
[Thu Jun 2 19:43:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Not bad!
[Thu Jun 2 19:43:34 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin's horse is fine again.
[Thu Jun 2 19:44:07 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Thats amazing. Nice work kid"
[Thu Jun 2 19:44:19 2005] : (3) Nerin: "I should stop calling you kid shouldn't I?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, i could call you old man"
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:11 2005] : (6) Marnak (enter): 19:45
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:19 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc sorry all
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc hard crash
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:25 2005] : (1) DM: Booting '(5) Marnak' from server...
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:26 2005] : (5) Marnak (exit): 19:45
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:35 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Ah, I'm not old"
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Ouch
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:53 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc Huerney had just offered to look at the horse
[Thu Jun 2 19:45:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "To me you are"
[Thu Jun 2 19:46:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I cast a cure spell on it
[Thu Jun 2 19:46:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "OK, shall we move on?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:46:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc ok, so I didn't miss much :-)
[Thu Jun 2 19:46:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Maybe, but we live longer, so I guess there's not much in it"
[Thu Jun 2 19:46:45 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin thumps Huerney on the back
[Thu Jun 2 19:47:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Shall we go on, friends, buddies. comrades?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:47:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: "oof"
[Thu Jun 2 19:47:42 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Yes."
[Thu Jun 2 19:48:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Careful, I'm delicate"
[Thu Jun 2 19:48:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney laughs
[Thu Jun 2 19:48:21 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin chuckles
[Thu Jun 2 19:48:37 2005] : (3) Nerin: "There's a few trees up ahead. Lets try there"
[Thu Jun 2 19:48:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm, should be OK"
[Thu Jun 2 19:49:11 2005] : (1) DM: The trees will conceal you from the road, mostly.
[Thu Jun 2 19:49:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Once there, Huerney begins unpacking his gear and prepares for the night
[Thu Jun 2 19:49:56 2005] : (1) DM: Standing watches?
[Thu Jun 2 19:50:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak grumbles about "savage countryside"
[Thu Jun 2 19:50:13 2005] : (3) Nerin: absolutely
[Thu Jun 2 19:50:27 2005] : (3) Nerin: "I'll take first watch"
[Thu Jun 2 19:51:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I'll take the next"
[Thu Jun 2 19:51:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: "i'll take last if that's OK"
[Thu Jun 2 19:51:24 2005] : (6) Marnak: "OK, I spoke too slowly!"
[Thu Jun 2 19:51:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: "My eyesight is bad enough, so if it gets lighter, I'll see a little better"
[Thu Jun 2 19:52:13 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Good point"
[Thu Jun 2 19:52:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney Sees to Horsey's nosebag before going to sleep
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:04 2005] : (1) DM: You settle down for the night and....
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:30 2005] : (1) DM: ... nothing happens.
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:30 2005] : (6) Marnak: ...
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: ..
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:32 2005] : (6) Marnak: ..
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:33 2005] : (6) Marnak: .
[Thu Jun 2 19:53:58 2005] : (1) DM: Dawn breaks. Birds sing. Sun shines. Farmers shout at you angrily for being on their land.
[Thu Jun 2 19:54:10 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc Get orf my laaaaaaaand
[Thu Jun 2 19:54:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella yawns
[Thu Jun 2 19:54:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Good morning. I'm so sorry, are we in your way?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:54:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney eats some rations while sitting watch. Then when the others are awake he does his morning singing ritual
[Thu Jun 2 19:54:35 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin rises and checks on his horses' leg
[Thu Jun 2 19:55:07 2005] : (1) DM: Your horse is fine Nerin.
[Thu Jun 2 19:55:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak tries not to look too much like a city boy
[Thu Jun 2 19:55:22 2005] : (1) DM: Marnak fails miserably.
[Thu Jun 2 19:55:33 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Looks like you did a good job here"
[Thu Jun 2 19:55:49 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin munches some rations while packing up
[Thu Jun 2 19:56:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella has a bit to eat as well and looks around the countryside
[Thu Jun 2 19:56:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, the magic works for animals as well as us"
[Thu Jun 2 19:56:51 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Lets get back on the road and see what we can find out in that village"
[Thu Jun 2 19:56:54 2005] : (6) Marnak: "It's a good trick for those as knows."
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "It sure comes in handy at times"
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:19 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Aye, it is that"
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:19 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Any habitation is better than this! I was lying on a hundred stones all night."
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "If Jerak the fearless had not been able to heal his trusty riding dog, he'd never have made his way across the icy wastes to break the siege of Farna"
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Poor guy"
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I have bruises on my aching muscles, and those are over the bones that hurt."
[Thu Jun 2 19:57:59 2005] : (3) Nerin: "I'll take your word for that Huerney"
[Thu Jun 2 19:58:04 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Next time check the ground before you lie down" Hollyella grins at Marnak
[Thu Jun 2 19:58:18 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin looks towards Huerney and rolls his eyes
[Thu Jun 2 19:58:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Just look at the outdoors as the best way to another great place to have adventure Marnak"
[Thu Jun 2 19:58:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: "H'rmph."
[Thu Jun 2 19:58:52 2005] : (1) DM: You can see the village in the distance. It's not too far off.
[Thu Jun 2 19:59:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Surely everyone knows the ley of Jerak?"
[Thu Jun 2 19:59:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I don't"
[Thu Jun 2 19:59:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Maybe dawrves don't learn it"
[Thu Jun 2 19:59:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Or gnomes"
[Thu Jun 2 19:59:38 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Maybe we do, but I never listened"
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: brb
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, those who don't listen to the epics will never learn from the experiences of others"
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: "thankfully, I'm here to bring the oral tradition with the party"
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney smiles
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:58 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Well, arent' we the lucky ones"
[Thu Jun 2 20:00:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Who needs the experiences of others? I want my onw!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:01:55 2005] : (1) DM: Where are you heading?
[Thu Jun 2 20:02:06 2005] : (3) Nerin: the wee village we saw the lights of
[Thu Jun 2 20:02:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: "You feel free to experience the Tarrasque on your own. if I find that we're up against it, I'll be using my knowledge to flee"
[Thu Jun 2 20:02:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "But I love a good story, so feel free to tell them to me"
[Thu Jun 2 20:02:29 2005] : (6) Marnak: back
[Thu Jun 2 20:02:45 2005] : (1) DM: 1.5 hrs later.
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: Nerin's sarcasm is totally lost on Huerney
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:15 2005] : (1) DM: It's a small cluster of thatched, stone houses. The road runs right though it.
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney tellss some epics to all in earshot
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc We noticed :P
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:29 2005] : (1) DM: There's not much there except a shabby looking pub.
[Thu Jun 2 20:03:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella appears to be listening
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:05 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Might we find information in the inn? At least some idea of the other villages around here."
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc "ooh, how very rural. Oh look, they have a quaint little 'pub'"
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:13 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Early morning drink anyone?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:34 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Maybe they can knock up a bit of breakfast"
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:35 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc "This is a local inn, for local people, nothing for you here"
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:41 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 2 20:04:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd be glad to fill my waterskins at least Nerin. Obviously leaving in the rush that we did, I have no water"
[Thu Jun 2 20:05:01 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc No points for telling me the source of that ;)
[Thu Jun 2 20:05:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc the movie is out on Friday
[Thu Jun 2 20:05:43 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc There's a movie? I wonder if it'll come th the Netherlands
[Thu Jun 2 20:05:44 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc have you seen the trailers?
[Thu Jun 2 20:05:55 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what movie?
[Thu Jun 2 20:06:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc League of gentlemen
[Thu Jun 2 20:06:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc take this to chat afterwards?? Sorry Dave
[Thu Jun 2 20:06:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's go then, no use hanging around here and just look at the place"
[Thu Jun 2 20:06:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Breakfast sounds good too"
[Thu Jun 2 20:07:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak rides up to the inn, and dismounts. He's wearing his brown cloak, and his armour is covered by a loose shirt.
[Thu Jun 2 20:07:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney approaches the inn
[Thu Jun 2 20:07:21 2005] : (1) DM: There are no stables or anything fancy like that for your horses.
[Thu Jun 2 20:07:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney ties horsey to something appropriate near the inn
[Thu Jun 2 20:07:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We're not staying long"
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:01 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc how about the wooden bar type things you see in westerns?
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc is there a horse trough?
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak finds a hitching-post, and ties a highwayman's hitch
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:13 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin dismounts and ties his horse up
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:19 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc hitching post! thats it
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella does as well
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:36 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc a Dandy Highwayman?
[Thu Jun 2 20:08:51 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc yep :-)
[Thu Jun 2 20:09:17 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc he's had to leave town quite suddenly in the past, and doesn't like having to leave a decent horse behind.
[Thu Jun 2 20:09:23 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc great, now I've got that song in my head!
[Thu Jun 2 20:09:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Am I very lucky not to know it?
[Thu Jun 2 20:09:58 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc adam and the ants
[Thu Jun 2 20:10:01 2005] : (1) DM: As you enter the pub you see the publican behind the bar cleaning some battered pewter tankard.
[Thu Jun 2 20:10:16 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Good morning!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:10:27 2005] : (1) Publican: (grumpily) "We're closed."
[Thu Jun 2 20:10:42 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Well, your door was open"
[Thu Jun 2 20:10:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That's too bad, we were hoping you could serve us some breakfast"
[Thu Jun 2 20:11:11 2005] : (1) Publican: (still surly) "Don't do no breakfast."
[Thu Jun 2 20:11:17 2005] : (6) Marnak: "What time do you open?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:11:43 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc "early afternoon"?
[Thu Jun 2 20:11:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Just some fresh bread would be nice"
[Thu Jun 2 20:11:54 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Thats a pity. Can we fill our waterskins then?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:12:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "yes, we'll pay"
[Thu Jun 2 20:12:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Ho's 2 copper sound for water in our waterskins?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:12:27 2005] : (1) Publican: "Use the well outside for water."
[Thu Jun 2 20:12:52 2005] : (3) Nerin: "A well? Have to find that then. "
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:04 2005] : (1) Publican: He finally puts the tankard down and looks up at you.
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Oh, OK. Are you sure you don't serve food at say... the time that's 5 minutes from now?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney holds out a gold piece
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "You are very kind" Hollyella smiles
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [2,22] = (24)
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:42 2005] : (1) Publican: "Here, what brings your sort out here, in your fancy gear and suchlike?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:50 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak puts on his "honest merchant" face.
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "The search for breakfast"
[Thu Jun 2 20:13:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Nothing fancy about me, sir."
[Thu Jun 2 20:14:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney realises that he's still in his entertainers outfit and flushes slightly
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:10 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "You really know how to flatter a lady"
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:11 2005] : (1) Publican: (looks thoughtful for a moment) "You got coin?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc with my leather mail on top of it
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:29 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Always some, never as much as I'd like!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney flashes the gold piece again
[Thu Jun 2 20:15:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc You went to sleep in that?
[Thu Jun 2 20:16:07 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc he obviously likes wearing it more than we thought ;)
[Thu Jun 2 20:16:20 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc ROTFLOL
[Thu Jun 2 20:16:49 2005] : (1) Publican: "Might find summit for breakfast. Take a seat and I'll see what I can find."
[Thu Jun 2 20:16:49 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc How nice of us, pretending not to notice ;)
[Thu Jun 2 20:16:57 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Thank you."
[Thu Jun 2 20:17:03 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ""That would be lovely
[Thu Jun 2 20:17:03 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Grand"
[Thu Jun 2 20:17:28 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Ladies choice on seats"
[Thu Jun 2 20:17:45 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I want to sit by the window!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:00 2005] : (1) Publican: He comes back a few minutes laters with some coarse bread and some slices of ham.
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:06 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak holds the chair for Hollyella
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella sits down and seems to be absorped by the view
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:20 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Excellent! Good honest food."
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "mm, looks appetizing. Any cheese and milk to go with it please?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:32 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak starts eating, ravenously.
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney eats what's already appeared
[Thu Jun 2 20:18:54 2005] : (1) Publican: He hovers around. "So what brings you out here?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Oh, food, wonderful!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:13 2005] : (3) Nerin: "You see Marnak. Good solid food always wins over fancy dandy stuff"
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Traveling entertainer and his entourage"
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney beams and bows
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:36 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin coughs into his bread
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:44 2005] : (1) Publican: "Heading west?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:19:57 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Wherever our lord and master leads us!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:20:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "indeed we are. What delights await us?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:20:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak winks at Hollyella
[Thu Jun 2 20:20:11 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella winks at Nerin and sniggers
[Thu Jun 2 20:20:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney flashes Marnak a look
[Thu Jun 2 20:20:46 2005] : (1) Publican: "Not much to tha' west. More farms and villages and suchlike. Then the forest and the elves o' course."
[Thu Jun 2 20:21:11 2005] : (1) Publican: "Don't expect you'll get much business from them. The elves keep to themselves."
[Thu Jun 2 20:21:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Aye, we've heard talk about the elves. What do you know about them"
[Thu Jun 2 20:21:48 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Aww, that's too bad, I always wanted to meet elves, they sound *so* exotic"
[Thu Jun 2 20:22:13 2005] : (1) Publican: "Not much. Only what travellers and the like tell me. They're a timid bunch by all accounts."
[Thu Jun 2 20:22:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Have you ever seen them? Do they ever come in these parts?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:23:09 2005] : (1) Publican: "Now what did the last traveller tell him about the elves...?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:24:24 2005] : (1) Publican: "Ah yes. Said the elves had burnt down an entire farm south west of here. Didn't believe it myself. The elves never leave their forests. Heck, I don't know anyone form round here that's even seen one."
[Thu Jun 2 20:24:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So who would be likely to burn down a farm?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:25:12 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Thats what we had heard. We're a bit sceptical"
[Thu Jun 2 20:25:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Whose farm was it? Did they survive?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:25:34 2005] : (1) Publican: "I dunno. I only heard this story from this traveller."
[Thu Jun 2 20:25:54 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Any idea what direction he came from?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:26:29 2005] : (1) Publican: "She said south west."
[Thu Jun 2 20:27:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Which villages lie that way? We might be able to find more information."
[Thu Jun 2 20:29:09 2005] : (1) Publican: "There's hrm, Plandon. Right be the forest. 'Tis where are the traders go. The elves trade for iron and stuff I've heard."
[Thu Jun 2 20:29:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "This is getting even more curious"
[Thu Jun 2 20:29:41 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Plandon may be our best bet."
[Thu Jun 2 20:29:45 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Plandon, right"
[Thu Jun 2 20:31:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Thanks for your help. Sorry to have disturbed you!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:31:21 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So what do you all think? The big, defended town seems to be in a panic over that attack and the unprotected people here aren't even worried"
[Thu Jun 2 20:31:40 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Strange indeed"
[Thu Jun 2 20:31:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney finishes eating the bread and ham and waits to see if there's any cheese and milk
[Thu Jun 2 20:32:06 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "This is a lovely breakfast, thank you so much"
[Thu Jun 2 20:32:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Yes, thanks. Do you have any cheese and milk?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:32:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: It's ann oddity Holly"
[Thu Jun 2 20:33:01 2005] : (1) Publican: "Er. No."
[Thu Jun 2 20:33:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I think there's a power play in the town. It may be best to find what evidence we can in Plandon, then return and oust that Watchcaptain."
[Thu Jun 2 20:33:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It may be that he's planning some sort of coup"
[Thu Jun 2 20:33:49 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Thats a hell of a jump to make"
[Thu Jun 2 20:34:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, maybe not him, but maybe he's part of one"
[Thu Jun 2 20:34:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Or he might be just obnoxious, but not guilty of anything but a bit of paranoia"
[Thu Jun 2 20:34:50 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Of course. That's why we should go to Plandon first, and return to civilisation as soon as we can afterwards.
[Thu Jun 2 20:34:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "It's just that everyone in authority that we meet nearly always seems corrupt in some way"
[Thu Jun 2 20:35:14 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Whats the old saying? Power corrupts?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:35:25 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Dunno"
[Thu Jun 2 20:35:26 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Absolutely!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "That's not a very catchy saying Nerin"
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:25 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I'd much rather have money than power. If you have power, you have to be responsible."
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:28 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "But even so, there are degrees of corruption and not everyone is equally corruptable"
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak shudders.
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:35 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Then make a song about it"
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Tyr saying that 10 times quickly
[Thu Jun 2 20:36:56 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc no :P
[Thu Jun 2 20:37:09 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Coward! :P
[Thu Jun 2 20:37:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Shall we set off, then?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:37:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I believe the saying is: power corrputs and absolute power corrupts absolutely", which doesn't seem to apply to the city watch
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney leaves 5 silver pieces on the table and goes to fill his wineskins with water from the well"
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:19 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes, as soon as Huerney is finished eating"
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well shall we be going then?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:36 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin grabs a last peice of bread and heads out
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:36 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella filles her waterskins as well
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:47 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin does likewise
[Thu Jun 2 20:38:48 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak stops at the well, and throws in a copper.
[Thu Jun 2 20:39:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc /me looks for a watchman ;)
[Thu Jun 2 20:39:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc :-P
[Thu Jun 2 20:39:59 2005] : (1) Publican: ooc no watchmen
[Thu Jun 2 20:40:08 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "You'll never get richt that way, Marnak, throwing your money away"
[Thu Jun 2 20:40:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: "and it can' be good for the water supply"
[Thu Jun 2 20:40:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Easy come, easy go. Brings good luck on the town."
[Thu Jun 2 20:40:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'm glad I got my water first"
[Thu Jun 2 20:41:23 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Nothing wrong with a copper."
[Thu Jun 2 20:41:47 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Except from the fact that it's poisonous"
[Thu Jun 2 20:42:18 2005] : (1) Publican: ooc Er. Your water pipes in your house are copper.
[Thu Jun 2 20:42:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc only the Cu2+ ions that are poisonous. The stuff doesn't dissolve in water.
[Thu Jun 2 20:42:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Copper green isn't healthy though, and my pipes aren't copper
[Thu Jun 2 20:43:12 2005] : (1) DM: ooc What are you pipes then? Plastic?
[Thu Jun 2 20:43:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I just meant that most coins are a bit grubby"
[Thu Jun 2 20:43:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: "you know, all the day to day horse shit and things on peole's hands"
[Thu Jun 2 20:43:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Yes, and so are the mains
[Thu Jun 2 20:43:59 2005] : (6) Marnak: "There's a lot of water in a well."
[Thu Jun 2 20:44:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Anyway, lets be off"
[Thu Jun 2 20:44:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney secures the wineskins to the saddlebags
[Thu Jun 2 20:44:42 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak gets ready to ride.
[Thu Jun 2 20:44:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella mounts
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:08 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's go that way!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:22 2005] : (1) DM: which way?
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin looks to see which way the roads go
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:34 2005] : (6) Marnak: To Plandon
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Umm, I have no idea which way to go"
[Thu Jun 2 20:45:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc The way we were heading all along :)
[Thu Jun 2 20:46:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Jun 2 20:46:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Like I said, that way!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:46:45 2005] : (1) DM: You could follow the sign to Plandon.
[Thu Jun 2 20:46:57 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc We could, if we wanted to!
[Thu Jun 2 20:47:19 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc that works for me
[Thu Jun 2 20:47:30 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc we could if we'd known it was there :P
[Thu Jun 2 20:47:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: "huerney gees Horsey on"
[Thu Jun 2 20:47:43 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Not very exciting though, is it?
[Thu Jun 2 20:47:53 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc umm, now he's talking in the third person
[Thu Jun 2 20:48:05 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Intuit direction is for when you don't have the normal references for determining direction. e.g., it's thick fog, in the middle of a dense forest, underground etc.
[Thu Jun 2 20:48:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney gees Horsey on
[Thu Jun 2 20:48:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc and the DM is supposed to make the roll anyway, so you don't know if you are lost
[Thu Jun 2 20:49:14 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc but there's a roadsign, so that's a +500 circumstance bonus *g*
[Thu Jun 2 20:49:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc No, but I'm convinced I'm right no matter how the roll turns out
[Thu Jun 2 20:50:08 2005] : (1) DM: You ride on for a couple of hours more.
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:15 2005] : (1) DM: The sun keeping you all pleasantly warm when suddenly the temperature drops sharply and clouds darken and obscure the sun.
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hmm"
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Aw, not this again?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We've seen this before"
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Tell me this isn't happening *again*!"
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:42 2005] : (1) DM: Your breath steams in the cold air.
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mirror Image ( level 2, "Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1/three levels, max 8). [1d4+3] -> [4,3] = (7) Images created." )
[Thu Jun 2 20:51:56 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin dismounts
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)" )
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:00 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak draws his rapier, and straps his shield on.
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:08 2005] : (1) DM: Frost starts to build up on the blades of grass.
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:13 2005] : ** (2) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:19 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak dismounts, and starts looking for enemies.
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:31 2005] : (3) Nerin: "This seems colder than before"
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella casts mage armor on herself
[Thu Jun 2 20:52:42 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Look at the grass"
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:10 2005] : (1) DM: On the road ahead the air shimmers briefly.
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:16 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Snow angels, anyone?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft." )
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:29 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "What are those"
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:32 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin doesn't laugh
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:36 2005] : (1) DM: And a figure in white appears floating in the air.
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella peers at the shimmering air
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:43 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak draws a dagger ready to throw
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: "what can we see with a detect magic?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:48 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak draws a dagger ready to throw
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:52 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney, your magic-o-meter goes off the scale.
[Thu Jun 2 20:53:57 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her bow ready
[Thu Jun 2 20:54:14 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc help! I've lost the chat buffer!
[Thu Jun 2 20:54:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney straps on his shield and draws his rapier
[Thu Jun 2 20:54:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc ?
[Thu Jun 2 20:54:27 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin hefts his hammer and shield
[Thu Jun 2 20:54:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 2 20:55:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: "umm, it's definitely very magical, mot very surprisingly"
[Thu Jun 2 20:55:13 2005] : (6) Marnak: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Jun 2 20:55:13 2005] : (6) Marnak (exit): 20:55
[Thu Jun 2 20:55:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc is there only one aura?
[Thu Jun 2 20:55:57 2005] : (7) Marnak (enter): 20:55
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:02 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc hi all
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:08 2005] : (1) White Woman: The very air is saturated with magic. But it is more concentrated about the figure.
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:18 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc lost my chat buffer somehow.
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc But it works now?
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Thu Jun 2 20:56:43 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc yes. What did I miss?
[Thu Jun 2 20:57:13 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Nothing :)
[Thu Jun 2 20:57:16 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc lots of magic in the air
[Thu Jun 2 20:57:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hello floating figure of coldness?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:57:43 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Greetings, my lady. Can we help you?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:57:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: "What can we do for you this, err, what was a fine day"
[Thu Jun 2 20:58:00 2005] : (7) Marnak: "It seems strange that we're meeting wintery fey when things have been burning."
[Thu Jun 2 20:58:51 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Not the only strange thing going on"
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney dismounts and hobbles Horsey before moving towards the figure
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:06 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "At least this isn't boring"
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:07 2005] : (7) Marnak: "Never only the one."
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:08 2005] : (1) DM: "Help me? I think not. I merely wish to see your death here in the ice and frost."
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Shall we move closer?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:24 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Ahh, so its like that then?"
[Thu Jun 2 20:59:29 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "You want our death? Why?"
[Thu Jun 2 21:00:03 2005] : (1) White Woman: "Move where you will. You cannot run, you cannot hide and you cannot stop me."
[Thu Jun 2 21:00:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So, bring it on"
[Thu Jun 2 21:00:30 2005] : (1) White Woman: Those standing on the ground can hear and feel the crunch of solidly frozen ground under their feet.
[Thu Jun 2 21:00:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Why should we want to stop you? What are you doing?"
[Thu Jun 2 21:01:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "umm, is the ground getting colder and colder?"
[Thu Jun 2 21:01:29 2005] : (7) Marnak: Marnak walks towards the woman, trying not to look too threatening.
[Thu Jun 2 21:01:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc is the air cold too, or just the ground?
[Thu Jun 2 21:02:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc brb loo
[Thu Jun 2 21:02:21 2005] : (1) White Woman: Everything is cold. Very, very cold.
[Thu Jun 2 21:02:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "What have we done to make us your enemies?"
[Thu Jun 2 21:02:48 2005] : (7) Marnak: "I'm sure we could think of something!"
[Thu Jun 2 21:03:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc back
[Thu Jun 2 21:03:38 2005] : (1) White Woman: "You seek to trick me into revealing my plans? You think I lack the wit?"
[Thu Jun 2 21:03:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney starts shivering
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:07 2005] : (7) Marnak: "I think you lack the blade!"
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:12 2005] : (7) Marnak: Marnak charges
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:18 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I think we're going to have to do something guys"
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:23 2005] : (1) White Woman: "Perhaps, the oracles were false. Perhaps, you are not the true threat."
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Oh, there he goes"
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Better help him then"
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:49 2005] : (1) White Woman: She laughs and Marnak charges. His sword passing harmlessly though the image of the woman.
[Thu Jun 2 21:04:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella aims at the white lady
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:05 2005] : (1) White Woman: "Your feeble weapon can do no harm here."
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:12 2005] : (7) Marnak: "Coward! Face us in person!"
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:16 2005] : (1) White Woman: She raises her arms in the air and chants loudly. Rise my pets and taste the warm flesh of mine enemies. Feasts on their steaming blood and enjoy!"
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:20 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney watches Marnak's ineffectual attack
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:28 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "It seems she really is here just to look"
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:33 2005] : (7) Marnak: Marnak returns to the group.
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:39 2005] : (1) White Woman: Everyone make a spot check.
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: O"K time for more action"
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Haste ( level 3, "Extra partial action and +4 AC." )
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:50 2005] : (1) White Woman: [2d8] -> [3,8] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:51 2005] : (3) Nerin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12)
[Thu Jun 2 21:05:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [11,-2] = (9)
[Thu Jun 2 21:06:12 2005] : (7) Marnak: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 21:06:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc great rolls"
[Thu Jun 2 21:06:41 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc saving them for the fight *g*
[Thu Jun 2 21:06:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 21:07:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"For honour, valour, and the thought of a few more ales!"#
[Thu Jun 2 21:07:28 2005] : (1) White Woman: Hollyella, the ground next to your cracks and suddenly something huge and white and all sharp and jagged shapes bursts out of the ground right next to you.
[Thu Jun 2 21:07:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella turns and shoots
[Thu Jun 2 21:07:52 2005] : (1) White Woman: Something similar errupts from the ground next to huerneys horse.
[Thu Jun 2 21:07:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:03 2005] : (1) White Woman: ooc Oi Wait for your round!
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:19 2005] : (1) White Woman: Initiative, everyone.
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:20 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Sorry
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:28 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:33 2005] : (7) Marnak: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 21:08:58 2005] : (3) Nerin: Initiative Nerin: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Thu Jun 2 21:09:02 2005] : (1) White Woman: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Jun 2 21:10:38 2005] : (1) White Woman: The huge bluish white monsters look insect like with huge mandibles and a number of little legs on the underside of it's segmented carapace.
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Not nice!
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:09 2005] : (1) White Woman: Antenna flick through the air. Presumably searching for warm flesh to eat.
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:12 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc Winter Worms? ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:28 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc ISTR Arkannath got killed by one, a long time ago.
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:41 2005] : (1) White Woman: One monster lunges at Hollyella, jaws agape. (surprise attack)
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:48 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc did he get eaten or something?
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:54 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc wasn't that a remorhaz?
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:56 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc swallowed.
[Thu Jun 2 21:11:59 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc oh yes.
[Thu Jun 2 21:12:04 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Looks like it
[Thu Jun 2 21:12:57 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [1,13] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [4,1,12] = (17)
[Thu Jun 2 21:13:33 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The other snaps at Huerney's horse.
[Thu Jun 2 21:13:35 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [4,13] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [3,7,12] = (22)
[Thu Jun 2 21:13:49 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: AC for your horse?
[Thu Jun 2 21:14:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: umm +3 for barding
[Thu Jun 2 21:14:33 2005] : (2) Huerney: 17
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:02 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: HP?
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc MM says 30, or I can roll it
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:27 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: You can roll if you like.
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: [4d8+12] -> [8,7,8,8,12] = (43)
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc wow!
[Thu Jun 2 21:15:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Nice! :D
[Thu Jun 2 21:16:11 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Horse is down 22 HP.
[Thu Jun 2 21:16:13 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc superhorse!
[Thu Jun 2 21:16:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: ok
[Thu Jun 2 21:18:02 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The monster attempts a grapple: [1d20+13+8] -> [17,13,8] = (38)
[Thu Jun 2 21:18:31 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Make an opposed grapple roll for the horse 1d20 + BAB + str + 4 (for large size)
[Thu Jun 2 21:18:47 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc umm, BAB??
[Thu Jun 2 21:19:26 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Base attack... IIRC it's 0
[Thu Jun 2 21:19:28 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc +2 for a war horse?
[Thu Jun 2 21:19:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Thu Jun 2 21:20:35 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The Remorhaz gets its jaws firmly around the horse and trys to swallow it whole.
[Thu Jun 2 21:20:43 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d20+13+8] -> [20,13,8] = (41)
[Thu Jun 2 21:20:52 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc :O
[Thu Jun 2 21:20:53 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Make another grapple roll.
[Thu Jun 2 21:21:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 21:21:10 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: *Gulp*
[Thu Jun 2 21:21:14 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Like I was going to beat 41
[Thu Jun 2 21:21:27 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Horse takes another [2d8+12] -> [3,6,12] = (21) damage.
[Thu Jun 2 21:21:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: it's at 0 hp
[Thu Jun 2 21:22:31 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc pause.
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc how BIG is a remorrhaz??
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:19 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne (enter): 21:23
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:24 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc They're huge.
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:31 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc hiho people :)
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:38 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc hi Ahylanne :-)
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:42 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc sorry for the run, I just crossed France :P
[Thu Jun 2 21:23:51 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc yey Del is here to save the day
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:09 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc what am I falling into?
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:14 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc horsey has just been eaten and were all on 1 HP ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:26 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc nice :)
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc saying that, snakes can eat things that are a lot bigger than them
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:44 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne runs in out of breath
[Thu Jun 2 21:24:49 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:07 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc but they can do bugger all afterwards
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:20 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Ayhlanne, it's bitterly cold and an illusionary woman in white has summoned two huge monsters to devour you.
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:25 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Roll initiative.
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:31 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc yes, but this is bigger than the horse anyway
[Thu Jun 2 21:25:58 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin? It's your turn.
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:04 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc shhh, maybe we can get one of them incap... incapac... stuck
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:16 2005] : (3) Nerin: how far to the one by Holly?
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:22 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc bardsong is active
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:45 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc what do the monsters look like?
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:46 2005] : (1) DM: That would depend on where you were all standing.
[Thu Jun 2 21:26:57 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc map?
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:14 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc Heurney and Maknak moved forwards
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:16 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc big, insectoid, pale
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:17 2005] : (1) DM: Huge, centipede like and bluish white with large mandible and antennas.
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:19 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc marnak
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:27 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I came back.
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:33 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc ugly
[Thu Jun 2 21:27:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc big enough to swallow a heavy warhorse in one gulp
[Thu Jun 2 21:28:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc position your selves where you like.
[Thu Jun 2 21:28:53 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc so Horsey is gone fore real?
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:00 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc where is the white dudette?
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc is that where they are? Where is the woman I was halfway beween horsey and her
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:40 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc are we inside, outside?
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:45 2005] : (1) DM: outside
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:53 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc on a road in the farmland
[Thu Jun 2 21:29:57 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: k
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc and then it suddenly turned very cold
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:19 2005] : (3) Nerin: current log available on your server dave?
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:26 2005] : (1) DM: ooc no
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:30 2005] : (3) Nerin: :(
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:46 2005] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc which one ate Horsey?
[Thu Jun 2 21:30:53 2005] : (3) Nerin: :)
[Thu Jun 2 21:31:24 2005] : (1) DM: ooc number 2.
[Thu Jun 2 21:31:52 2005] : (1) DM: ooc every one in position?
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:20 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc yep
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:20 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc I just came in, so I supposed I'm coming from the road, where's the road?
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:23 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc yep
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:47 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc I would say you came from the left
[Thu Jun 2 21:32:49 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc we're heading down and right on this map
[Thu Jun 2 21:33:51 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc does my position make sense?
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:02 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc Dave, put me where you like
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:16 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc thx :)
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:24 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc ready too then
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:27 2005] : (1) DM: ooc ignore the north sign. It's wrong...
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:33 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc lol, ok
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:34 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin, your turn.
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:50 2005] : (3) Nerin: charge at #1 and strike
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:53 2005] : (3) Nerin: +1 Sonic Hammer Weapon Spec (Bardsong) (base): [1d20+18] -> [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+8+1d6] -> [7,8,5] = (20)
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:53 2005] : (3) Nerin: +1 Sonic Hammer Weapon Spec (Bardsong) (second): [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+8+1d6] -> [4,8,2] = (14)
[Thu Jun 2 21:34:53 2005] : (3) Nerin: Critical hit? [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29) ===> Damage: [3d8+24+1d6] -> [1,7,8,24,6] = (46)
[Thu Jun 2 21:35:32 2005] : (1) DM: ooc only 1st attack of course.
[Thu Jun 2 21:35:40 2005] : (3) Nerin: :(
[Thu Jun 2 21:35:48 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 21:36:19 2005] : (1) DM: You strick a heafty blow cracking it's carapace.
[Thu Jun 2 21:36:55 2005] : (1) DM: Make a reflex save.
[Thu Jun 2 21:37:17 2005] : (3) Nerin: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 2 21:38:20 2005] : (1) DM: I meant fort save. Sorry.
[Thu Jun 2 21:38:34 2005] : (3) Nerin: Fortitude save: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 21:38:39 2005] : (1) DM: k.
[Thu Jun 2 21:38:40 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc better ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:38:54 2005] : (1) DM: Marnak, your turn.
[Thu Jun 2 21:39:07 2005] : (7) Marnak: Charge and hit no.2
[Thu Jun 2 21:39:09 2005] : (7) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame, with bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [10,16] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+7+1d6] -> [5,7,3] = (15)
[Thu Jun 2 21:39:09 2005] : (7) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame, with bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+7+1d6] -> [2,7,6] = (15)
[Thu Jun 2 21:39:17 2005] : (7) Marnak: First attack only; +2 to hit.
[Thu Jun 2 21:39:57 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Thu Jun 2 21:40:20 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc first attack is because you charge yes?
[Thu Jun 2 21:40:26 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc yep
[Thu Jun 2 21:40:27 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc first attack only that is
[Thu Jun 2 21:40:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc because you move
[Thu Jun 2 21:40:44 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you can only make a single attack after a charge. Multiple attacks is a full round action.
[Thu Jun 2 21:41:15 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc combat is one part of dnd i just cannot master
[Thu Jun 2 21:41:27 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The remorhaz takes a snap at Nerin
[Thu Jun 2 21:41:31 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [4,3,12] = (19)
[Thu Jun 2 21:41:38 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: AC?
[Thu Jun 2 21:41:39 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Ouch
[Thu Jun 2 21:42:17 2005] : (3) Nerin: 22 after charge
[Thu Jun 2 21:42:54 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Take 19 damage. And make an opposed grapple roll [1d20+7+8+8] -> [9,7,8,8] = (32)
[Thu Jun 2 21:43:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc if it's huge it occupies 4 spaces doesn't it Dave?... Just for the map's sake this is.
[Thu Jun 2 21:43:34 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d20+13+8] -> [9,13,8] = (30)
[Thu Jun 2 21:43:40 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc yes.
[Thu Jun 2 21:43:58 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc 1d20+bab+str nerin
[Thu Jun 2 21:43:58 2005] : (9) Nerin (enter): 21:43
[Thu Jun 2 21:44:05 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc 1d20+bab+str nerin
[Thu Jun 2 21:44:08 2005] : (9) Nerin: oprg=pos
[Thu Jun 2 21:44:35 2005] : (9) Nerin: [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:16 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: And again
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:17 2005] : (3) Nerin (exit): 21:45
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:21 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d20+13+8] -> [1,13,8] = (22)
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:27 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc whats this for? last I saw was me saying 22
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:39 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc this is the swallow whole bit.
[Thu Jun 2 21:45:41 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: It's attempting to swallow you.
[Thu Jun 2 21:46:13 2005] : (9) Nerin: ah :(
[Thu Jun 2 21:46:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc you took 19 damage too
[Thu Jun 2 21:46:24 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc saw the damage
[Thu Jun 2 21:46:53 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc Nerin, 1d20+bab+str again.
[Thu Jun 2 21:47:20 2005] : (9) Nerin: [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30)
[Thu Jun 2 21:47:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Phew
[Thu Jun 2 21:47:45 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: It doesn't swallow you but just grips your firmly in it's jaws. Take [2d8+12] -> [1,2,12] = (15) extra damage.
[Thu Jun 2 21:48:40 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The 2nd remorhaz quietly digests the horse and attacks Marnak.
[Thu Jun 2 21:48:43 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [13,13] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [3,4,12] = (19)
[Thu Jun 2 21:48:52 2005] : (7) Marnak: hit :-/
[Thu Jun 2 21:49:12 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Attempting a grapple: [1d20+13+8] -> [13,13,8] = (34)
[Thu Jun 2 21:49:18 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I nearly changed my MaxHP as well!
[Thu Jun 2 21:49:32 2005] : (7) Marnak: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
[Thu Jun 2 21:49:42 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc you having flashbacks henry?
[Thu Jun 2 21:49:53 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc yep.
[Thu Jun 2 21:50:10 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc Nerin, take those 15 points back.
[Thu Jun 2 21:50:16 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc?
[Thu Jun 2 21:50:43 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc read the rules wrong. IT doesn't do extra damage if the grapple succeeded until the next round.
[Thu Jun 2 21:50:47 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc it only got a hold; it didn't get to squeeeeze.
[Thu Jun 2 21:50:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Dont't argue with the man, just do it :)
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc so Horsey is still alive too then?
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:10 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Attempting to swallow: [1d20+13+8] -> [8,13,8] = (29)
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:44 2005] : (7) Marnak: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:50 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: *Gulp*
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Gah!"
[Thu Jun 2 21:51:59 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc you take damage straight away if swallowed.
[Thu Jun 2 21:52:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Ah
[Thu Jun 2 21:52:46 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc If you like. Now I think the fire and crushing damage is too high.
[Thu Jun 2 21:53:14 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc it is quite high, yes.
[Thu Jun 2 21:53:17 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: So: [2d8+2] -> [5,8,2] = (15) crushing and [4d6] -> [4,6,6,5] = (21) fire damage.
[Thu Jun 2 21:53:22 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Rule 1: DM chooses.
[Thu Jun 2 21:53:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc if we all die, we all die. that's part of the game Dave. I have no regrets.
[Thu Jun 2 21:53:53 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:04 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc indeed! so long as it's fun until we do.
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:08 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc neither do I, and I'm happy I made it before you all died ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc exactly... although unless your thief is a superman...
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:33 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: If you insist I can do the full damage listed in the book?
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Thank you so much :P Nice to have known you all, people
[Thu Jun 2 21:54:46 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc Craig - I knew killing him in your game would come back to haunt us! ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:55:28 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc David: don't pull too many punches, and don't tell us when you're doing so.
[Thu Jun 2 21:55:40 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne. your turn.
[Thu Jun 2 21:55:49 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Only make it easier if you've REALLY misjudged an encounter.
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:02 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I have fighter levels too!
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:09 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne aims at number 1
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:20 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+13] -> [4,13] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:20 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:27 2005] : (1) DM: ooc okay, your convinced me. [2d8+12] -> [5,3,12] = (20) crushing and (eek) [10d10] -> [2,6,2,7,7,4,10,6,2,8] = (54) fire damage.
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:27 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:28 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:49 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc the old version was enough to kill me!
[Thu Jun 2 21:56:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc how much is a resurrection spell?
[Thu Jun 2 21:57:12 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc lots :-/
[Thu Jun 2 21:57:24 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc first three if I am right, I keep forgetting thsese things
[Thu Jun 2 21:57:31 2005] : (1) DM: 2 hits.
[Thu Jun 2 21:57:40 2005] : (1) DM: one skitters of it's tough shell.
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:00 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:11 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc can Ananiel go for the thing's eye?
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: OK, I'm hasted... stop singing - effects last 5 more rounds...
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: Casts Summon Monster III - Celestial Bison: 37hp; Damage reduction 5/magic; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 14; SR = 8
Celestial bison attack Butting [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [1,6] = (7) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jun 2 21:58:36 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Animal companion is too smart to attack.
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:43 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc and David, my dice did not take bardsong into account
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: on no 2
[Thu Jun 2 21:58:57 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc just in case that makes a difference ;)
[Thu Jun 2 21:59:05 2005] : (1) DM: ooc +1 to attack and damage right?
[Thu Jun 2 21:59:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: +2 to damage on both arrows
[Thu Jun 2 21:59:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: +2 to attack too
[Thu Jun 2 21:59:33 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc cool :D
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: OK, I move in to there
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: and attack
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:13 2005] : (1) DM: Your bison doesn't do much good.
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:21 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: 1st only
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:37 2005] : (1) DM: A hit.
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:38 2005] : (2) Huerney: done
[Thu Jun 2 22:00:41 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella?
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Shooting at #1
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:21 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:31 2005] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I know :(
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:44 2005] : (1) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Jun 2 22:01:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc e.g. running away? ;)
[Thu Jun 2 22:02:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Yep, backing up as far as I can, still on my pony
[Thu Jun 2 22:03:01 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin, your can attempt to escape. Same grapple roll as before.
[Thu Jun 2 22:03:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I'm not mad, my AC is 28 and there are 8 of me!
[Thu Jun 2 22:03:42 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc smug :-P
[Thu Jun 2 22:03:43 2005] : (9) Nerin: [1d20+14] -> [5,14] = (19)
[Thu Jun 2 22:03:56 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+13+8] -> [9,13,8] = (30)
[Thu Jun 2 22:04:03 2005] : (1) DM: Still stuck.
[Thu Jun 2 22:04:57 2005] : (1) DM: Marnak? Happily digesting?
[Thu Jun 2 22:05:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 22:05:38 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc erm. Unconscious.
[Thu Jun 2 22:05:44 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc If I'm in its jaws, can it still attack anyone else?
[Thu Jun 2 22:05:47 2005] : (7) Marnak: Don't bother rolling damage.
[Thu Jun 2 22:06:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 22:06:10 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Nerin heroically gums up the monster, so that it can't do any more damage.
[Thu Jun 2 22:06:11 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc you're pinned.
[Thu Jun 2 22:07:08 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The remorhaz tries to swallow
[Thu Jun 2 22:07:11 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d20+13+8] -> [20,13,8] = (41)
[Thu Jun 2 22:07:53 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: *Gulp*
[Thu Jun 2 22:08:12 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Nerin, take [2d8+12] -> [6,7,12] = (25) crushing damage and [10d10] -> [5,10,1,6,5,3,10,2,4,7] = (53) fire.
[Thu Jun 2 22:08:13 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I REALLY hate these things.
[Thu Jun 2 22:08:35 2005] : (9) Nerin: and that puts me on -25
[Thu Jun 2 22:08:46 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc the assumption must be everyone has fire protection.
[Thu Jun 2 22:08:50 2005] : (2) Huerney: oc how much are 2 ressurrection spells??
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:08 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The other remorhaz chops at the tasty bison
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:11 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [2,13] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [4,2,12] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc You think 2 will be enough?
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:17 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: And misses I guess.
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: AC = 14
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:24 2005] : (9) Nerin: sorry, -20, got a ring that negates 5 of it
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc 5 of it each time
[Thu Jun 2 22:09:49 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Grapple: [1d20+13+8] -> [14,13,8] = (35)
[Thu Jun 2 22:10:04 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Swallow: [1d20+13+8] -> [13,13,8] = (34)
[Thu Jun 2 22:10:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: I think we can consider him grappled
[Thu Jun 2 22:10:17 2005] : (2) Huerney: And swallowed
[Thu Jun 2 22:10:35 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: It can't swallow the bison. It's full.
[Thu Jun 2 22:10:56 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: You mean a large warhorse and a human leave no room for a bison??
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:13 2005] : (1) DM: ooc two large animals max.
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:14 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Aylahnne aims at the head of the thing
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:29 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: #1
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:34 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Huerney, it can still eat you, if you're not careful!
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:41 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [arrow of true flight]+PBS *or* BS* (base): [1d20+15] -> [11,15] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:41 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Critical hit? [1d20+15] -> [13,15] = (28) ===> Damage: [3d8+12] -> [7,5,1,12] = (25)
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:41 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [arrow of true flight]+PBS *or* BS* (second): [1d20+10] -> [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:41 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Critical hit? [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12) ===> Damage: [3d8+12] -> [7,1,3,12] = (23)
[Thu Jun 2 22:11:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc so the trick is to get it full of large animals!!
[Thu Jun 2 22:12:09 2005] : (1) DM: ooc that would be only one arrow, yes?
[Thu Jun 2 22:12:11 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc does my ring negate 5 from each roll or 5 from the total attack
[Thu Jun 2 22:12:24 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc yes
[Thu Jun 2 22:12:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I'd think 5 of each damage roll
[Thu Jun 2 22:12:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc from the total attack, I thought it hit you more than once with fire, but it never
[Thu Jun 2 22:13:04 2005] : (1) DM: It's shrieks in agony as your arrow pierces one of it's eyes.
[Thu Jun 2 22:13:19 2005] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jun 2 22:13:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc hmmm
[Thu Jun 2 22:14:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: It's jaws are full?
[Thu Jun 2 22:14:21 2005] : (1) DM: Yes. It wasn't smart enough to drop the bison.
[Thu Jun 2 22:14:29 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 22:14:37 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc greedy. Bah.
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: stab at it
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [18,16] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+16] -> [4,16] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] -> [1,4,10] = (15)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:29 2005] : (2) Huerney: And a final time for haste
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+16] -> [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:31 2005] : (2) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+16] -> [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] -> [3,6,10] = (19)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:32 2005] : (2) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 2 22:15:55 2005] : (1) DM: 3 attacks?
[Thu Jun 2 22:16:03 2005] : (2) Huerney: yes, i'm hasted
[Thu Jun 2 22:16:29 2005] : (1) DM: You make 3 quick attacks, finding the weak points between the segments.
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:00 2005] : (1) DM: Now a fort save. Actually, that should be a fort save for the weapon. Whatever one of those are.
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: umm
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:17 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc using the wielder's bonus.
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:35 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I think.
[Thu Jun 2 22:17:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: Oh dear
[Thu Jun 2 22:18:50 2005] : (1) DM: ooc its based on the caster level of the item.
[Thu Jun 2 22:19:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: Umm, it's a +2 rapier
[Thu Jun 2 22:21:13 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Er. The rules are a bit complicated. Craft magic weapon is level 5+. But for a +2 weapon... err...
[Thu Jun 2 22:21:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: yeah
[Thu Jun 2 22:21:59 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc lvl 10?, as a guess?
[Thu Jun 2 22:22:12 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc might be a time to fall back on "DM decides".
[Thu Jun 2 22:22:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I got a poor roll anyway though
[Thu Jun 2 22:22:33 2005] : (1) DM: ooc +6 bonus. [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
[Thu Jun 2 22:23:13 2005] : (1) DM: As your rapier pierces the creature it heats up and warps. Rendering it useless.
[Thu Jun 2 22:23:22 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella?
[Thu Jun 2 22:23:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Shooting again
[Thu Jun 2 22:23:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Jun 2 22:23:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: And we need to add the bardsong bonuses as well
[Thu Jun 2 22:24:44 2005] : (1) DM: Your arrow strikes true and the remorhaz shrieks loudly and collapses to the ground writhing and thrashing for a bit before growing still.
[Thu Jun 2 22:24:57 2005] : (1) DM: The ground beneath it's body steams.
[Thu Jun 2 22:25:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Take that, wurm!"
[Thu Jun 2 22:25:33 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The remaing Remorhaz drops the bison and aims for something smaller.
[Thu Jun 2 22:25:36 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Bite (base): [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d8+12] -> [8,3,12] = (23)
[Thu Jun 2 22:25:43 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d9] -> [5] = (5)
[Thu Jun 2 22:25:56 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: It's mandibles clack loudly on open air.
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:04 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: One image gone.
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:09 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc it missed btw
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:12 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: No. It missed.
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:15 2005] : (2) Huerney: AC = 28
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:26 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Ayhlanne?
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Having said that I have no weapon!!
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:44 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc which one is dead
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:49 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Number 1 is dead.
[Thu Jun 2 22:26:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: #1
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:05 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne aims at number 2
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:17 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:17 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:17 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+13] -> [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:17 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:21 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc you don't carry spares?
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:27 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: +Bard Song
[Thu Jun 2 22:27:46 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: That one collapses to the ground too.
[Thu Jun 2 22:28:51 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: You all hear a piercing shrill cry in the air. "Damn you!" And the image of the woman fade, her face twisted in anger.
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I assume that Ayhlanne's arrow has to make a save too, although I doubt that my horseshoes survived
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Good riddance"
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: "My bloody sword!"
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: "My bloody dwarf friend!
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "How are Marnak and Nerin?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:55 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc Good point Huerney. It is however a very powerful arrow. Caster level ~16 or something. [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24).
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:55 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hey, you evil old bitch you'll pay for this!"
[Thu Jun 2 22:29:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella rushes over
[Thu Jun 2 22:30:01 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc the arrow is fine.
[Thu Jun 2 22:31:07 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I'd cut this one open, but I appear to have a rather fine handled molten mess here, rather than a sword"
[Thu Jun 2 22:31:17 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc shame I don't have "big evil monster" insurance.
[Thu Jun 2 22:31:33 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc How come you don't?
[Thu Jun 2 22:31:48 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc I'd hate to think what the premium would be for an adventurer.
[Thu Jun 2 22:32:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "anyway, i doubt that the heat will dissipate that quickly"
[Thu Jun 2 22:32:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: "and if it did that to metal..."
[Thu Jun 2 22:32:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney thinks of Nerin, Marnak and last of all horsey"
[Thu Jun 2 22:32:54 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "So they are dead?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:32:58 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Hey, most of my gear was on the horse!"
[Thu Jun 2 22:33:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, if it did this to my sword, I doubt that they have much chance"
[Thu Jun 2 22:33:35 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: 540 XP each.
[Thu Jun 2 22:33:52 2005] : ** (9) Nerin notes down XP :( **
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:10 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The air warms up back to normal and the ground defrosts as quickly as it arrived.
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:13 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc bummer, seems so low for the loss of 2 party members
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:36 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc about the same as the winter wolves, IIRC
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't think that we could afford one, never mid two ressurections"
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "If I ever get my hands on that bitch I'll wring her scrwany little neck"
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:45 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc do you want to calc it. I might be doing it wrong.
[Thu Jun 2 22:34:53 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc I think the CR in the book is a bit low for these things.
[Thu Jun 2 22:35:02 2005] : (7) Marnak: David, I do trust you to get it right :-)
[Thu Jun 2 22:35:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Exactly the same
[Thu Jun 2 22:35:10 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne retrieves her arrow
[Thu Jun 2 22:35:24 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And we seem to be about as popular as a murder in the last town anyway"
[Thu Jun 2 22:36:45 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I believe that it's what the book says Dave, but these things just aren't CR7
[Thu Jun 2 22:36:45 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: What are you all doing now? The two bodies are cooling down.
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:18 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Craig: my thoughts exactly.
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:22 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc I agree. They're more like CR9 I guess.
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney waits for it to cool to see what he can find of marnak and Horsey
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Especially the damage they do
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:41 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc thank the DM for giving me an arrow of true flight
[Thu Jun 2 22:37:59 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc yep, damage is huge...and I don't have a scratch ;)
[Thu Jun 2 22:38:29 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc rub it in :=P
[Thu Jun 2 22:38:39 2005] : (9) Nerin: :P
[Thu Jun 2 22:38:45 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: 1080 XP each.
[Thu Jun 2 22:38:50 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc are you dead? or swallowed?
[Thu Jun 2 22:38:52 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc 3.5e has the damage at 8d6 from the fire
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:05 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc on top of the 540? or instead of?
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:10 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc I think I need to buy the 3.5e books.
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:12 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc instead of.
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:26 2005] : (2) Huerney: I have the PDFs
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Just double the previous xp ;)
[Thu Jun 2 22:39:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I have the books :D
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:03 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: ooc can't DM with PDFs.
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:11 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc yeah, i know
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:18 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35 has all the info but no pics.
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:20 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: As you slice open the two remorhazes you find...
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:45 2005] : (9) Nerin: melted remains
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:49 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: One charred dwarf, one singed human, one barbequed horse.
[Thu Jun 2 22:40:56 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 2 22:41:13 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: two large lumps of gold
[Thu Jun 2 22:41:17 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella breaks down and cries
[Thu Jun 2 22:41:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: I assume that all items on the horse and people are toast too
[Thu Jun 2 22:41:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney cries too...
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc he's only 17
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:04 2005] : (9) Nerin: Huerney can write a song about this :)
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:06 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: I s'pose fort saves for the magic items.
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:12 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne examines the beast and tries to find a way to get some of this corrosive flesh/blood whatever
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:30 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc I assumed that them being inside for a while would get them eventually
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:32 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: The blood isn't corrosive. They're just very hot when alive.
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:39 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:49 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc makes sense, Craig.
[Thu Jun 2 22:42:53 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc my lovely stuff :-(
[Thu Jun 2 22:43:07 2005] : (9) Nerin: my magic items include...Immovable Rod, HolyWaterx2; [Thu Jun 2 22:43:13 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc /me adds a To Do: generate new character. Who is immune to Everything.
[Thu Jun 2 22:43:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jun 2 22:43:27 2005] : (2) Huerney: "What are we going to do now?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:43:40 2005] : (2) Huerney: HUerney sobs out the question
[Thu Jun 2 22:43:49 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Bury and mourn our friends"
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:07 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:08 2005] : (2) Huerney: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:12 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc hmmm, I've just noticed that the picture of the Monk in the PHB is signed 'Lockwood'
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:15 2005] : (1) Remorhaz: Your immovable rod is still there.
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:33 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc there's a few of them.
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:46 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc oh yeah
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:54 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to dig
[Thu Jun 2 22:44:59 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc Marnak would probably want a wake; want you to get VERY drunk and have a good time.
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:02 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc Are Monks really annoying?
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:04 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I believe that with some of the body, we can try for the option of raising them from the dead. We at least have their bodies, even if charred, and ruined"
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:06 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc same for Nerin
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella helps, still crying
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:22 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Those who got swallowed. If you could guess that the caster level of the items and roll fort saves for them. DC=18.
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella helps, still crying
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:39 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "Raise them?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:47 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "Thier bodies are charred to the bone"
[Thu Jun 2 22:45:55 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "We can't do much, can we?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:12 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, I believe that all we need are a small part of the body to do it"
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:20 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "Really?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:33 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc what's an immovable rod anyway?
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:41 2005] : (2) Huerney: "And a priest willing to perform the ritual. And Enough money to pay for it"
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:48 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc its a rod, Thats immovable
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:53 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc thats about it
[Thu Jun 2 22:46:55 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc only got two notable ones - the armour and the sword
[Thu Jun 2 22:47:02 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I've got a couple of sacks in my saddlebags, Huerney, use those"
[Thu Jun 2 22:47:03 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc P197 DMG
[Thu Jun 2 22:47:09 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26),[1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
[Thu Jun 2 22:47:18 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin, both your rings are fine.
[Thu Jun 2 22:47:54 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:03 2005] : (1) DM: Your cloak is toast
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:21 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc you guys keeping track of whats left of me?
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:21 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:30 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc no, you are :P
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:33 2005] : (1) DM: Gauntlets are frazzled.
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Their bodies are whole. Just burned. they can be raised back to life"
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:40 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc rapier: min. CL 9, I think
[Thu Jun 2 22:48:47 2005] : (7) Marnak: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:05 2005] : (7) Marnak: armour CL 6. [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:08 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "But do we have the money?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:13 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "And would they want that?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:16 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin, what are the eyes of the eagle?
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:24 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc quickly, what happened while I was on the road?
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:29 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc goggles
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:35 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Well, we can see what items are left in the creature's guts"
[Thu Jun 2 22:49:54 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "True"
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:07 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc goggles +5 spot
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Not a lot, we had breakfast in an inn where we talked about the elves. People here don't believe they did it
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:22 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc you'd thingk we'd find other things than Nerin's and Marmak's ;)
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Perhaps we can raise the money by selling their items. I'd rather be alive and without equipment, than dead."
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:29 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:36 2005] : (1) DM: They're toast
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:43 2005] : (2) Huerney: "But I don't know if they've gone to a better place"
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:54 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what armour do you have nerin?
[Thu Jun 2 22:50:59 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Maybe they are better where they are?"
[Thu Jun 2 22:51:25 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc horseshoes of the Zephyr in there too DM
[Thu Jun 2 22:51:26 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc +2 full plate
[Thu Jun 2 22:51:41 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc hammer was +1 Sonic
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:10 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "That is what I am asking myself"
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:11 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc next time any DM uses a Remorhaz, I'm running for the hills.
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:26 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "I don't know about Marmak, I did not know him enough"
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:35 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "If we don't need their whole body to resurrect them, we can take just a finger and decide what to do later"
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:39 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "And actually, I am not sure about Nerin"
[Thu Jun 2 22:52:45 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: "But I know I will miss him"
[Thu Jun 2 22:53:02 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc In fact, my haversack wouldn't be worn while riding... Assume Hewards HH is in there
[Thu Jun 2 22:53:16 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc With my rope of climbing
[Thu Jun 2 22:53:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella starts to say something, then thinks better of it
[Thu Jun 2 22:54:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc wand of identify, my shortbow +1
[Thu Jun 2 22:54:07 2005] : (1) DM: You know what? It's a stupid and tedious rule. Particularly since the DMG etc. don't list caster level for 98% of items.
[Thu Jun 2 22:54:28 2005] : (1) DM: Everyone magic items are fine.
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney cries some more as he piles the items up
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:06 2005] : (1) DM: Unless they're obviously flammable. Like cloaks and things.
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:11 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: \o/
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:32 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc the lumps of gold would be coins right?
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:36 2005] : (2) Huerney: Then he wails as he prises the horseshoes off the feet of horsey
[Thu Jun 2 22:55:38 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc or rather..were
[Thu Jun 2 22:56:00 2005] : (1) DM: Yes. They're really quite heavy chunks too.
[Thu Jun 2 22:56:06 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc so is my rapier still OK?
[Thu Jun 2 22:56:13 2005] : (1) DM: ooc it's fine.
[Thu Jun 2 22:56:35 2005] : ** (9) Nerin found the F5 macro key **
[Thu Jun 2 22:56:37 2005] : (2) Huerney: "So what do we do now? We can try to sell some items to get the guys raised"
[Thu Jun 2 22:57:05 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Or we can leave them to whatever afterlife they are off to"
[Thu Jun 2 22:57:55 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Nerin seems to want to be resurrected, he's trying to reach us through the macro key ;)
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:04 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:04 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:10 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:19 2005] : (1) DM: They two lumps of gold are of value: [20d100] -> [45,22,43,47,11,73,63,65,13,40,4,39,72,68,74,64,98,92,90,86] = (1109) and [20d100] -> [72,99,6,20,68,46,89,26,82,54,75,47,22,4,81,16,13,40,70,69] = (999)
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:28 2005] : (1) DM: 1110 gp and 1000 gp.
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:32 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc dont be cheeky, or I'll come back as a paladin!!
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I've got almost 1500gp"
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:49 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I like paladins :D
[Thu Jun 2 22:58:57 2005] : (7) Marnak: ooc there's about 800gp in my saddlebags.
[Thu Jun 2 22:59:25 2005] : (9) Nerin: I apparently had nearly 6k gp
[Thu Jun 2 22:59:51 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I have just over 1000gp"
[Thu Jun 2 22:59:58 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: 2650 gp to my name
[Thu Jun 2 23:00:01 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc 6000? Don't you ever spend money?
[Thu Jun 2 23:00:13 2005] : (9) Nerin: ooc I never got the chance to :(
[Thu Jun 2 23:00:28 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney pokes a big mass of gold that's next to Nerin's body
[Thu Jun 2 23:01:01 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc actually that much gold would be on his horse presumably
[Thu Jun 2 23:01:23 2005] : (2) Huerney: "Can we bury my horse?"
[Thu Jun 2 23:01:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Of course"
[Thu Jun 2 23:01:46 2005] : (2) Huerney: "I don't like to think of his cooked remains being eaten by anything"
[Thu Jun 2 23:02:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Who's taking the gold and other valuables?
[Thu Jun 2 23:02:34 2005] : (2) Huerney: "We can take the bodies of Marnak and Nerin to town. We're less than a day away, and we can probably get into a temple easily enough"
[Thu Jun 2 23:02:49 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc on the horses?
[Thu Jun 2 23:03:00 2005] : (2) Huerney: Huerney buries Horsey
[Thu Jun 2 23:03:14 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc But who's keeping track of them?
[Thu Jun 2 23:03:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella helps Huerney
[Thu Jun 2 23:04:39 2005] : (2) Huerney: Presumably we find Nerin's cash and any that Marnak had (if any) on their horses
[Thu Jun 2 23:04:46 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc so far, the owners keep track of stuff, we'll see if we can't raise them :P
[Thu Jun 2 23:05:05 2005] : (8) Ayhlanne: ooc big lumps of gold indeed
[Thu Jun 2 23:05:48 2005] : (2) Huerney: ooc Marnak, how much cash have you got?
[Thu Jun 2 23:05:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I think will end it here, okay?
[Thu Jun 2 23:05:57 2005] : (2) Huerney: Sure thing.
[Thu Jun 2 23:06:11 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END