Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 26 May 2005

[Thu May 26 19:29:10 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 26 19:30:01 2005] : (1) DM: You've just left the clothiers after having comissioned two pairs of boots. You'd decided to vist the Eastern Watch captain up at the keep.
[Thu May 26 19:31:52 2005] : (3) Nerin: "I hope the wind does get up and whip thon hat off your head, Ayhlanne"
[Thu May 26 19:32:59 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "It won't"
[Thu May 26 19:33:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That's why she wanted a BIG hat, Nerin"
[Thu May 26 19:33:08 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hmm, yeah, keep it on secure"
[Thu May 26 19:33:14 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Aylahnne secures the hat on her head
[Thu May 26 19:33:43 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc .me hands Ayhlanne a hatpin ;)
[Thu May 26 19:34:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's find the keep and talk to the watch"
[Thu May 26 19:35:05 2005] : (1) DM: The keep being the largest building in the city is easy to find.
[Thu May 26 19:36:23 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin walks up to the entrancey looking bit
[Thu May 26 19:36:33 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 26 19:36:51 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella follows
[Thu May 26 19:37:10 2005] : (6) Marnak: Tags along, looking flashy.
[Thu May 26 19:37:18 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I'm bored of playing guards. so they let you in and point the way to the Captain's office.
[Thu May 26 19:37:23 2005] : (3) Nerin: "Hello? Anyone about?"
[Thu May 26 19:37:26 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc :P
[Thu May 26 19:37:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella knocks
[Thu May 26 19:37:44 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Hello Captain"
[Thu May 26 19:38:07 2005] : (3) Nerin: "We have news about one of your Eastern outposts"
[Thu May 26 19:38:17 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerh: The captain looks up from a mound of paper work and glares at you.
[Thu May 26 19:38:27 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerh: "What do you want?", he snaps.
[Thu May 26 19:38:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We want to report a death"
[Thu May 26 19:38:49 2005] : (3) Nerin: "One of the guards was killed in a Winter Wolf attack"
[Thu May 26 19:39:09 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We managed to slay the beasts."
[Thu May 26 19:39:47 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerth: (frown deepens) "Why are you telling this tall tale. You should know full well that Winter Wolves leave the northern mountains."
[Thu May 26 19:40:05 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerth: "And certainly not in summer. Do you think me a fool?!"
[Thu May 26 19:40:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We should know that because...?"
[Thu May 26 19:40:23 2005] : (6) Marnak: "No, not if you accept the word of honest men."
[Thu May 26 19:40:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We know what we saw and what we fought and killed"
[Thu May 26 19:40:36 2005] : (6) Marnak: Is looking very trustworthy.
[Thu May 26 19:40:45 2005] : (3) Nerin: "If you contact (insert furrier name here) they can confirm that we had several wolf pelts"
[Thu May 26 19:40:50 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, personally i prefer to use empirical evidence. Which in this case goes entirely against what you are saying"
[Thu May 26 19:41:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "But whether you believe us or not, your toll post is now one man short"
[Thu May 26 19:42:07 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I would say, let you wait for the official report from the East"
[Thu May 26 19:42:20 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "That should tell us we are not telling tales"
[Thu May 26 19:42:26 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerth: "As ludicrous as your tale sounds it would not do to have the the guard post undermanned. One moment please"
[Thu May 26 19:42:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Sure"
[Thu May 26 19:42:49 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella shrugs and takes a seat
[Thu May 26 19:43:08 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerth: "Zandor! Get in here!" He shouts.
[Thu May 26 19:43:31 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc anyone know the dead gaurds name?
[Thu May 26 19:43:36 2005] : (1) Captain Gorwerth: Moments later a thin man in robes enters.
[Thu May 26 19:43:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc not me
[Thu May 26 19:43:47 2005] : (1) Zandor: "Yes, Captain?"
[Thu May 26 19:43:49 2005] : (3) Nerin: ooc one was called Smiff
[Thu May 26 19:44:23 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella waves at the robey guy
[Thu May 26 19:44:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Hello sir"
[Thu May 26 19:44:34 2005] : (1) Captain: "Scry out the guard post on road to Lukern. Report on the number of guards present and anything unusual."
[Thu May 26 19:45:21 2005] : (1) Captain: The robed guy pulls out a mirror and gazes into it more a minute."
[Thu May 26 19:45:49 2005] : (1) Zandor: "Sir. There are but 3 guards at the post. I know not where the other one is."
[Thu May 26 19:46:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Can you scry for dead bodies?"
[Thu May 26 19:46:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella looks intensely at the scrying, trying to learn something new
[Thu May 26 19:47:16 2005] : (1) Zandor: "I am unable to focus scring on inanimate bodies."
[Thu May 26 19:47:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak looks around the office, trying to see if there's any interesting documents lying about.
[Thu May 26 19:47:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: "like we said, one was killed by a bunch of winter wolves. We'd harly come and tell you that if it wasn't true"
[Thu May 26 19:47:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That's too bad"
[Thu May 26 19:48:18 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Maybe we should have brought his head or something?"
[Thu May 26 19:48:19 2005] : (1) Captain: ooc what would an interesting document look like? There are some binders with various dates on. And you can't see the writings on the papers on the captains desk.
[Thu May 26 19:49:24 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc an "interesting document" would be something with information visible. Any sort of information.
[Thu May 26 19:50:01 2005] : (1) Captain: "Your story appears true in parts. Please leave the matter with me. You may go now."
[Thu May 26 19:50:20 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We may be contacted at the Silver Flute."
[Thu May 26 19:50:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc that's the name of the inn, right?
[Thu May 26 19:50:46 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "You don't have any idea who is trying to attack you? These wolves did not appear very naturally"
[Thu May 26 19:50:53 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Sure, we'll be there for the next week, prbably"
[Thu May 26 19:50:58 2005] : (1) Captain: The captain makes a note.
[Thu May 26 19:51:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "If there's anything that we can do?"
[Thu May 26 19:51:28 2005] : (5) Huerney: "We are quite experienced adventurers..."
[Thu May 26 19:51:37 2005] : (1) Captain: (rather coldly) "Any attacks or otherwise on Watch facilities or Watch members is a matter for the Watch and not civillians."
[Thu May 26 19:51:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We can solve problems, or create them. We are very resourceful."
[Thu May 26 19:52:05 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Sure, next time we'll just watch your guards being killed one after the other"
[Thu May 26 19:52:13 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I might be interested in working for the Watch for a while. It would be interesting."
[Thu May 26 19:52:18 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "And go our own little way"
[Thu May 26 19:52:20 2005] : (3) Nerin: "If he doesn't want help, we can't force it on him"
[Thu May 26 19:52:41 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "It's his loss"
[Thu May 26 19:52:49 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, let's go then"
[Thu May 26 19:52:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Goodbye, gentlemen, see you around"
[Thu May 26 19:53:01 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney heads back to the inn
[Thu May 26 19:53:03 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I'm sure there are those who would be prepared to engage our services."
[Thu May 26 19:53:05 2005] : (3) Nerin: Nerin leaves
[Thu May 26 19:53:08 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella leaves and heads fot the inn
[Thu May 26 19:53:29 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak leaves last, with a flourishy bow to the Captain.
[Thu May 26 19:54:24 2005] : (1) Captain: "Close the door on your way out. (to Zandor) A word, please."
[Thu May 26 19:54:28 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, shall we look for some 'Adventurers wanted' Ads?
[Thu May 26 19:54:40 2005] : (3) Nerin: "We might as well"
[Thu May 26 19:54:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Where do ou think we'll find something like that?"
[Thu May 26 19:55:00 2005] : (1) Captain: The corridor outside is empty and Zandor closes the door behind you.
[Thu May 26 19:55:02 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "You're welcome Captain"
[Thu May 26 19:55:03 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I'd prefer a bit of a rest first"
[Thu May 26 19:55:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: "The town hall might have a notice board"
[Thu May 26 19:55:11 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne leaves
[Thu May 26 19:55:22 2005] : (5) Huerney: "OK, rest then have alook tomorrow"
[Thu May 26 19:55:43 2005] : (6) Marnak: "There might be a market square... we could try juggling!"
[Thu May 26 19:56:01 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "And some flashy magic"
[Thu May 26 19:56:03 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak starts playing with a couple of coins, making them appear and disappear.
[Thu May 26 19:57:20 2005] : (6) Marnak: "So, shall we return to our Inn, or go shopping?"
[Thu May 26 19:57:33 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "What do you need?"
[Thu May 26 19:58:24 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I am fine actually, that hat seems to do the trick"
[Thu May 26 19:58:26 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I don't know. It's sometimes nice to see what you can... pick up... in a town."
[Thu May 26 19:58:31 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'd be happy to do a bit of performance art Marnak"
[Thu May 26 19:58:42 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Then we shall entertain!"
[Thu May 26 19:58:53 2005] : (7) Nerin (enter): 19:58
[Thu May 26 19:58:59 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc mutter mutter
[Thu May 26 19:58:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: "As long as it's not mime"
[Thu May 26 19:59:12 2005] : (1) Captain: Booting '(3) Nerin' from server...
[Thu May 26 19:59:13 2005] : (3) Nerin (exit): 19:59
[Thu May 26 19:59:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Not your art?"
[Thu May 26 19:59:26 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Why not?"
[Thu May 26 19:59:35 2005] : (5) Huerney: "No, i prefer noise to silence"
[Thu May 26 20:00:02 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Silence just isn't in a bard's skills"
[Thu May 26 20:00:15 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Yeah, we noticed"
[Thu May 26 20:00:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs
[Thu May 26 20:00:29 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin chuckles
[Thu May 26 20:00:29 2005] : (1) DM: [1d5] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu May 26 20:00:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney does some tumbling around to practise
[Thu May 26 20:00:38 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Silence is only part of my skills when it has to be. There is a time when being loud is far more stealthy!"
[Thu May 26 20:00:41 2005] : (5) Huerney: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Thu May 26 20:00:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak joins in.
[Thu May 26 20:00:50 2005] : (6) Marnak: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
[Thu May 26 20:01:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ooh, fell a bit funny there"
[Thu May 26 20:01:17 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Should be OK though"
[Thu May 26 20:01:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney rubs his knee
[Thu May 26 20:01:55 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Ah, you'll mend, lad."
[Thu May 26 20:01:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Are you sure you're alright?"
[Thu May 26 20:02:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Shall we see if we can find somewhere to perform?"
[Thu May 26 20:02:22 2005] : (5) Huerney: "It's fine Holly"
[Thu May 26 20:02:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Indeed. The Common of the Inn?"
[Thu May 26 20:02:58 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "This captain has made me angry, a little entertainement would be welcome indeed"
[Thu May 26 20:03:03 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I'd really love a bath and a meal now"
[Thu May 26 20:03:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Then we shall return to the Inn; you shall eat and we shall caper."
[Thu May 26 20:03:48 2005] : (7) Nerin: "What about him made you angry?"
[Thu May 26 20:04:26 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella looks around as she clasps her hand on her pocket
[Thu May 26 20:04:30 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Let's go then"
[Thu May 26 20:04:47 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Keep your hands of my things!"
[Thu May 26 20:04:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: "huh?"
[Thu May 26 20:04:59 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Who was it?!"
[Thu May 26 20:05:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu May 26 20:05:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak looks around
[Thu May 26 20:05:22 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That boy over there!"
[Thu May 26 20:05:28 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Who are you talking to Holly?"
[Thu May 26 20:05:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [5,-2] = (3)
[Thu May 26 20:05:43 2005] : (1) DM: The boy turns into a alley and is out of sight.
[Thu May 26 20:05:45 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella runs after a boy that's disappering in the crowd
[Thu May 26 20:05:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Where?"
[Thu May 26 20:06:10 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak follows
[Thu May 26 20:06:13 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 26 20:06:15 2005] : (1) DM: Running to the alley Holly?
[Thu May 26 20:06:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella runs into the alley
[Thu May 26 20:06:27 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak draws a dagger as he runs
[Thu May 26 20:06:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney follows the others
[Thu May 26 20:06:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc What else? ;)
[Thu May 26 20:06:46 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Where you all going?"
[Thu May 26 20:06:49 2005] : (1) DM: Make a spot check.
[Thu May 26 20:06:51 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin follows
[Thu May 26 20:07:00 2005] : (6) Marnak: Me?
[Thu May 26 20:07:03 2005] : (1) DM: Holly
[Thu May 26 20:07:06 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu May 26 20:07:38 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Where did he go ?"
[Thu May 26 20:07:49 2005] : (1) DM: The alley is a dead end. Refuse is piled up in the corners. You don't see the boy.
[Thu May 26 20:08:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: No doors of any kind?
[Thu May 26 20:08:21 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to look in the corners and on the wall at the end of the alley
[Thu May 26 20:08:25 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu May 26 20:08:36 2005] : (1) DM: There are two doors, one on either side and the end of the alley are some shuttered windows.
[Thu May 26 20:08:57 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak goes and knocks on the left door.
[Thu May 26 20:08:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella takes a look and listen at the doors
[Thu May 26 20:09:05 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Thu May 26 20:09:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Thu May 26 20:09:13 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc gotta go. back in 5
[Thu May 26 20:09:23 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu May 26 20:09:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Scry Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu May 26 20:09:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Ouch
[Thu May 26 20:09:39 2005] : (1) DM: From the left door you here the clanking of metal.
[Thu May 26 20:09:54 2005] : (6) Marnak: brb - fetching icecream.
[Thu May 26 20:10:00 2005] : (1) DM: The right you hear nothing.
[Thu May 26 20:10:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc back
[Thu May 26 20:10:48 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella tries to open the left door
[Thu May 26 20:10:56 2005] : (1) DM: ooc what's the scry roll for.
[Thu May 26 20:11:33 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc misclick?
[Thu May 26 20:12:00 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Is the door locked?
[Thu May 26 20:12:09 2005] : (1) DM: The door is fastened shut.
[Thu May 26 20:12:16 2005] : (1) DM: There's a keyhole.
[Thu May 26 20:12:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella looks through the keyhole
[Thu May 26 20:12:34 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak checks it for traps
[Thu May 26 20:12:41 2005] : (6) Marnak: (taking 10)
[Thu May 26 20:13:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: Search: [10+2] -> 12
[Thu May 26 20:13:37 2005] : (1) DM: You don't find any traps. It looks like a rather ordinary door.
[Thu May 26 20:14:18 2005] : (6) Marnak: OK, I'll try opening it.
[Thu May 26 20:15:03 2005] : (1) DM: It's fastened shut.
[Thu May 26 20:15:07 2005] : (6) Marnak: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu May 26 20:15:23 2005] : (1) DM: Ah. It clicks open easily. A very trivial lock.
[Thu May 26 20:16:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak opens the door, ready to draw his rapier if need be.
[Thu May 26 20:16:28 2005] : (1) DM: As you open the door and look in your see a woman in a servants uniform and an apron. She shrieks "Eeee. Burlars!" and drops the metal pot she was holding which lands with a loud clatter."
[Thu May 26 20:16:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Burglars!
[Thu May 26 20:17:22 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Aaargh"
[Thu May 26 20:17:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Sorry, madam, we were chasing a thief. Have you seen a boy run through here?"
[Thu May 26 20:17:47 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Are you alright? You haven't burned yourself, have you?"
[Thu May 26 20:18:07 2005] : (1) DM: "Eee... What?" (she looks a bit surprised and confused still)
[Thu May 26 20:18:36 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc back
[Thu May 26 20:18:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We were chasing a pickpocket; he ran this way."
[Thu May 26 20:18:47 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Someone tried to pick my pockets in the street and we followed him to this alley"
[Thu May 26 20:19:05 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin finally catches up with the others
[Thu May 26 20:19:29 2005] : (1) DM: "No one came this way. Here, are you with tha city patrol. Only you ain't in uniform."
[Thu May 26 20:19:52 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We have worked with them."
[Thu May 26 20:20:05 2005] : (6) Marnak: "You may call me Marnak."
[Thu May 26 20:20:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: "My apologies. We will try the other door."
[Thu May 26 20:21:33 2005] : (1) DM: "Oh. right."
[Thu May 26 20:21:36 2005] : (1) DM: "well..."
[Thu May 26 20:21:36 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak leaves, and goes to try the door opposite.
[Thu May 26 20:21:49 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Sorry about that"
[Thu May 26 20:22:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney shrugs and smiles at the woman
[Thu May 26 20:22:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella goes away and starts laughing
[Thu May 26 20:22:32 2005] : (1) DM: This door is also locked.
[Thu May 26 20:22:37 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That poor woman"
[Thu May 26 20:23:02 2005] : (6) Marnak: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu May 26 20:23:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Well, she won't mind. A charming gentleman can be forgiven many things if he acts as if he has every right to be there!"
[Thu May 26 20:23:29 2005] : (1) DM: *click* *crreeaaakk*
[Thu May 26 20:23:45 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak boots the door open.
[Thu May 26 20:23:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "That goes for ladies as well"
[Thu May 26 20:23:57 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin stays in the alley
[Thu May 26 20:24:04 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne raises her eyes to the sky as Marmak delivers his speech
[Thu May 26 20:24:53 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Of course it does, but my charms are probably more appreciated by that audience." Marnak smirks
[Thu May 26 20:24:57 2005] : (1) DM: The room beyond is empty and thick with dust. There are no prints in the dust.
[Thu May 26 20:25:20 2005] : (6) Marnak: Anything in the room?
[Thu May 26 20:25:27 2005] : (1) DM: Dust?
[Thu May 26 20:25:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Possibly"
[Thu May 26 20:25:48 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak enters and looks around, thoroughly.
[Thu May 26 20:25:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella checks for footprints
[Thu May 26 20:25:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu May 26 20:25:58 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne enters the room cautiously, stays beside the door
[Thu May 26 20:26:02 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Did the boy steal anything?"
[Thu May 26 20:26:27 2005] : (1) DM: It's empty. The windows are boarded up. Your feet stir up the dust leaving obvious prints.
[Thu May 26 20:26:46 2005] : (1) DM: Checking your pocket, Holly?
[Thu May 26 20:26:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hmm, maybe someone hoisted him upwards on a rope or soething"
[Thu May 26 20:27:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Or he's invisible and waiting for us to bog off"
[Thu May 26 20:27:25 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu May 26 20:27:26 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Or the goodwife was lying to us."
[Thu May 26 20:27:32 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Maybe he is in that rubbish in the corner"
[Thu May 26 20:27:38 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes outside again and checks the alley's end, looking for a possible hidden door, or ladder or prints, or tracks
[Thu May 26 20:27:41 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Yeah, I'm too trusting"
[Thu May 26 20:27:49 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
[Thu May 26 20:28:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: "You gonna look in there Nerin?"
[Thu May 26 20:28:22 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "She was making a lot of noise if she wanted to be inconspicuous, besides, maybe he wasn't a pickpocket at all"
[Thu May 26 20:28:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Prod it with swords. That will stir things out."
[Thu May 26 20:28:44 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Go have a prod about with that pointy sword of yours"
[Thu May 26 20:28:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella removes a peace of parchment from the *picked* pocket
[Thu May 26 20:28:51 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne you search the dusty and [Bad dice format] - [i]empty[Bad dice format] - [/i] room and find nothing. Except dust.
[Thu May 26 20:29:00 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc and bad dice
[Thu May 26 20:29:13 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Well, what does it say?"
[Thu May 26 20:29:25 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak is not concealing his curiosity very well.
[Thu May 26 20:29:25 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Give me some time to read it"
[Thu May 26 20:29:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles and looks the parchment over
[Thu May 26 20:30:35 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc I went outside to searrch, not the room
[Thu May 26 20:30:42 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "A warning!"
[Thu May 26 20:30:47 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc :P
[Thu May 26 20:31:11 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Maybe I have some friends in this town"
[Thu May 26 20:31:22 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella shows the message to the others
[Thu May 26 20:31:29 2005] : (1) DM: You still don't find anything, Ayhlanne.
[Thu May 26 20:31:35 2005] : (1) DM: It says. "You are in danger. Leave Tansis. Head west." It's unsigned except for a zig-zag symbol.
[Thu May 26 20:31:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Zorro??
[Thu May 26 20:31:57 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc yey!
[Thu May 26 20:32:02 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I was just retyping that :P
[Thu May 26 20:32:25 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Either that, or someone thinks we'll be disposed of or out of the way if we head West."
[Thu May 26 20:32:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Can any of you divine the motive behind this message?"
[Thu May 26 20:33:17 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Warning?"
[Thu May 26 20:33:22 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Bah, I have no clue about intrigue!"
[Thu May 26 20:33:28 2005] : ** (2) Ayhlanne found the F3 macro key **
[Thu May 26 20:33:50 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I would like to investigate what's happening in the west anyway"
[Thu May 26 20:34:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I think danger is over-rated, myself. It rarely leads to good business opportunities."
[Thu May 26 20:34:12 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "This all with the elves leaves me a bit ... uneasy"
[Thu May 26 20:34:17 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I'd like to clear that'
[Thu May 26 20:34:25 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "What's to divine? Either someone's warning us or lying, either way I'm not going to comply without knowing more"
[Thu May 26 20:34:46 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Well, we have a week to kill before the boots are ready so why not go there"
[Thu May 26 20:34:49 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Hollyella, this is not about complying"
[Thu May 26 20:35:05 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "What are we going to do here anyway, the Captain made it clear he does not want our help"
[Thu May 26 20:35:15 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hmm, so are we going to perform or what?"
[Thu May 26 20:35:23 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "So I suggest we go and invstigate West"
[Thu May 26 20:35:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: "If it genuinely is dangerous here, we need to decide if we should stay or go. If it is a lie, we should decide whether or not to pretend to believe it."
[Thu May 26 20:35:46 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Huerney: can you ways a minute?"
[Thu May 26 20:36:00 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: wait
[Thu May 26 20:36:04 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc not ways
[Thu May 26 20:36:10 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc damn autocomplete
[Thu May 26 20:36:57 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Either way, I want to know what the truth is behind this note before we leave"
[Thu May 26 20:37:12 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I am in favour of taking a little time tonight before we head west tomorrow"
[Thu May 26 20:37:35 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Fine, but let's just be on with it"
[Thu May 26 20:38:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'm sorry if I seem eager, but we so rarely get a chance. All these days on the road, or off in the wilds"
[Thu May 26 20:38:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Very well, we'll do a show tonight. Earn a free meal at least."
[Thu May 26 20:38:31 2005] : (1) DM: Returning to the inn?
[Thu May 26 20:38:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: "A preformer needs his audience"
[Thu May 26 20:38:55 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I agree; it's so much better to have an audience. You make them look this way, and then... suddenly, you are rich, and in a different town, and you need to think of a new name!"
[Thu May 26 20:39:08 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc yep
[Thu May 26 20:39:16 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes back to the Inn
[Thu May 26 20:39:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella follows
[Thu May 26 20:39:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: "marnak, you know I don't think of my audience that way. it's not right"
[Thu May 26 20:39:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Only the rich audiences; those who've obtained money by extorting the poor."
[Thu May 26 20:40:02 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Isn't it tiring having to run away all the time?"
[Thu May 26 20:40:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney wanders with the others
[Thu May 26 20:40:14 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc An anarchist Robin Hood?
[Thu May 26 20:40:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh no, travelling is far more fun when there's some motivation!"
[Thu May 26 20:40:38 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc more like the Stainless Steel Rat.
[Thu May 26 20:40:50 2005] : (5) Huerney: "In my experience, it's too difficult to tell those who have earned their money from those who haven't."
[Thu May 26 20:41:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Pack it in Slippery Jim
[Thu May 26 20:41:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh, it's not trivial, but some people... you just get a feeling for it!"
[Thu May 26 20:41:14 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc :-P
[Thu May 26 20:41:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Actually, not that difficult"
[Thu May 26 20:41:33 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne eyes Marmak more and more suspisciously
[Thu May 26 20:41:37 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I've never held a coin that I didn't feel I'd earned."
[Thu May 26 20:41:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I just don't like stealing from people"
[Thu May 26 20:42:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Taking from tombs is another matter"
[Thu May 26 20:42:16 2005] : (5) Huerney: "And I know that others have a problem with that"
[Thu May 26 20:42:18 2005] : (7) Nerin: "What use have the dead for things"
[Thu May 26 20:42:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "And taking things from those that are truly evil?"
[Thu May 26 20:42:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney looks across at Ayhlanne
[Thu May 26 20:42:50 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Never disturb the dead. They have nothing better to do than plot revenge. The living might forget."
[Thu May 26 20:42:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: "How do I know true evil?"
[Thu May 26 20:43:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "You know people's hearts by their actions, how else?"
[Thu May 26 20:43:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh, and elves and dwarves have long memories too. More trouble than they're worth, usually. It was an elf who made my armour, though."
[Thu May 26 20:43:40 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Marmak, I just can't make out whether you're really without scruples, or just full of yourself..."
[Thu May 26 20:43:50 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh, I aim to please, of course."
[Thu May 26 20:43:56 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hmm, I guess you are right Holly"
[Thu May 26 20:43:59 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I have very many scruples."
[Thu May 26 20:44:07 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Did he make it for you, or for someone else?"
[Thu May 26 20:44:24 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I do my best to be as entertaining as possible as I go about my business."
[Thu May 26 20:44:40 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Well, you make us laugh"
[Thu May 26 20:44:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: "He made it for me, of course, at a price we'd negotiated in advance. He just didn't pay attention to the details of the contract."
[Thu May 26 20:44:53 2005] : (5) Huerney: "It just seems to me that stealing from people isn't truly heroic"
[Thu May 26 20:45:21 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Although there were some great hero rogues in the lays of Herol"
[Thu May 26 20:45:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We can't be heroes all of the time, Huerney, we're no paladins, you know"
[Thu May 26 20:45:25 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Details of the contract?"
[Thu May 26 20:45:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh, I don't steal. Peasants and idiots steal."
[Thu May 26 20:45:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I... redistribute."
[Thu May 26 20:45:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs out loud
[Thu May 26 20:46:02 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Sounds like the same thing to me"
[Thu May 26 20:46:04 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I see..."
[Thu May 26 20:46:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "From them to you!"
[Thu May 26 20:46:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Of course, I made sure everything was in writing. The courts agreed with me."
[Thu May 26 20:46:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: "No, from them, via me admittedly, to the general economic good of the region."
[Thu May 26 20:46:45 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I am not a wealthy man - I spend too much."
[Thu May 26 20:47:11 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We can see that"
[Thu May 26 20:47:12 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So you just hate to see money hoarded?"
[Thu May 26 20:47:31 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella grins as she looks at Marnak's flashy gear
[Thu May 26 20:47:38 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Indeed. It does no-one any good there."
[Thu May 26 20:47:44 2005] : (5) Huerney: "You prefer that it is more distributed to the local merchants, ale houses, and ladies of some repute?"
[Thu May 26 20:48:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak grins, and spins around. When he sits again, he's wearing ordinary brown clothes.
[Thu May 26 20:48:33 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Dashing"
[Thu May 26 20:48:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Wherever there is entertainment to be had, there I may be found."
[Thu May 26 20:48:41 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Flash"
[Thu May 26 20:48:52 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: in a casual tone of voice/i>
[Thu May 26 20:48:59 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: in a casual tone of voice
[Thu May 26 20:49:15 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak bows, and changes his clothes back to the usual red with gold trim.
[Thu May 26 20:49:19 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'm not sure that I want people who watch me perform to be lighter in the pockets"
[Thu May 26 20:49:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: "They might think that I was in some way involved"
[Thu May 26 20:49:36 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh no, only if they throw money into the hat!"
[Thu May 26 20:49:57 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "But you do! Only you prefer them to lighten their pockets themselves"
[Thu May 26 20:50:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Well, yes of course"
[Thu May 26 20:50:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Then we shall perform?"
[Thu May 26 20:50:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak gets up, and starts looking for a stage.
[Thu May 26 20:50:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Perhaps I should have said involuntarily light in the pockets"
[Thu May 26 20:50:51 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc I think we've killed the DM.
[Thu May 26 20:51:09 2005] : (1) DM: ooc What? You're all atalking.
[Thu May 26 20:51:15 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc :-P
[Thu May 26 20:51:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ok, we'll do some performing"
[Thu May 26 20:51:36 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I can fast forward to the action if you like..?
[Thu May 26 20:51:41 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne sits at a table and enjoys the show (that is, if we ever got to the inn)
[Thu May 26 20:51:45 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc fair enough
[Thu May 26 20:52:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney does some performing
[Thu May 26 20:52:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Prestidigitation ( level 0, "Performs minor tricks." )
[Thu May 26 20:52:08 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella puts on her hood and disapps from the inn
[Thu May 26 20:52:13 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak does the support acts.
[Thu May 26 20:52:16 2005] : (6) Marnak: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
[Thu May 26 20:52:18 2005] : (6) Marnak: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu May 26 20:52:21 2005] : (5) Huerney: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Thu May 26 20:52:25 2005] : (6) Marnak: Dex check: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu May 26 20:52:30 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc ouch
[Thu May 26 20:52:36 2005] : (5) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+20] -> [8,20] = (28)
[Thu May 26 20:52:38 2005] : (1) DM: As the evening draws near the inn fill with assorted well-to-do folk. Merchants. Lesser nobles and the like.
[Thu May 26 20:53:30 2005] : (6) Marnak: (To Huerney) "A good audience."
[Thu May 26 20:53:38 2005] : (1) DM: All politely applaude and but not much coin wings your way.
[Thu May 26 20:53:48 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Thu May 26 20:53:50 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc we do performances, then I'll do a bit of music
[Thu May 26 20:54:00 2005] : (5) Huerney: Perform skill check (Masterwork Lute) [1d20+22] -> [17,22] = (39)
[Thu May 26 20:54:07 2005] : (1) DM: Em's not having much success either. A tough crowd.
[Thu May 26 20:54:29 2005] : (1) DM: A fine performance.
[Thu May 26 20:54:43 2005] : (1) DM: Now that brings out of coin.
[Thu May 26 20:55:17 2005] : (6) Marnak: (To the audience) "Good sirs, we are raising funds for a most desperate and perilous cause - we wish to investigate the raids to the west of the City, and need to finance a small party. If any of you can provide us with sponsorship, we would be most grateful."
[Thu May 26 20:55:45 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin splutters into his ale
[Thu May 26 20:56:57 2005] : (1) DM: The audience looks a bit shocked. The bartender is making frantic cutting motions directed at you Marnak with his hand.
[Thu May 26 20:57:16 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne makes herself very small and unobtrusive
[Thu May 26 20:57:24 2005] : (5) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [13,-2] = (11)
[Thu May 26 20:57:25 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak looks back at the bartender, and goes over - looking as if he wants to order another drink.
[Thu May 26 20:57:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney smiles at the audience
[Thu May 26 20:57:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: (quietly) "Is there some problem?"
[Thu May 26 20:58:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney does some more magic to round things off
[Thu May 26 20:58:17 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Prestidigitation ( level 0, "Performs minor tricks." )
[Thu May 26 20:58:22 2005] : (1) Bartender: (whispering to Marnak) "Let's have none of that talk in this inn. I don't want no trouble. That's Watch business you're messing with."
[Thu May 26 20:58:45 2005] : (6) Marnak: "The Watch are likely to take offence, are they?"
[Thu May 26 20:58:51 2005] : (6) Marnak: "What sort of town is this?!"
[Thu May 26 20:59:39 2005] : (1) Bartender: "Shhh. They're a bit, well, touchy. Look to closely and you might lose a nose if you get what I mean."
[Thu May 26 21:00:09 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Ah. I've been in worse towns, I suppose - I've seen a man hung for saying what he thought."
[Thu May 26 21:01:40 2005] : (6) Marnak: (To the audience) "My apologies, ladies and gentlemen; I did not mean to cause offence. If any of you feel your honour has been slighted, my name is Marnak, known as the Flameblade. You may contact me at this worthy establishment."
[Thu May 26 21:02:11 2005] : (1) Bartender: The audience is not paying much attension anymore and are concentrating on their drinks.
[Thu May 26 21:02:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak gets a drink and joins Nerin and Ahylanne at their table.
[Thu May 26 21:03:19 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "What got into you?"
[Thu May 26 21:03:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney finishes up and joins the others
[Thu May 26 21:03:36 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "With me around, your line there was not exactly th best of lines"
[Thu May 26 21:03:54 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc how much cash did we get... and did we earn a free night's hostelry?
[Thu May 26 21:04:16 2005] : (6) Marnak: "You've got a most tasteful piece of headgear, dear lady. No-one will know."
[Thu May 26 21:04:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Besides, I said nothing that was not true."
[Thu May 26 21:04:35 2005] : (1) Bartender: [3d6] -> [2,6,1] = (9) gold pieces
[Thu May 26 21:04:55 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Speaking of which, maybe you should get something that looks more indoors-ey"
[Thu May 26 21:05:36 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I am the outdoor type, noone wil notice. It fits. I am not throwing all my money into my ears."
[Thu May 26 21:05:41 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak rummages in his pack, and produces an elegant plumed hat.
[Thu May 26 21:05:51 2005] : (6) Marnak: "You may use this, if you wish."
[Thu May 26 21:05:56 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "And besides, the greatest adventurers halways have had a hat"
[Thu May 26 21:05:59 2005] : (1) DM: ooc alright. Where the heck do you get all those clothes from?
[Thu May 26 21:06:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc the armour is glamered; I only need hats.
[Thu May 26 21:06:20 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Have you never heard of the great Ind Yanadjons?"
[Thu May 26 21:06:28 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc the glamer seems in character :-D
[Thu May 26 21:06:32 2005] : (1) DM: ooc ah. makes sense.
[Thu May 26 21:06:44 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc what is glamer?
[Thu May 26 21:06:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc illlusion.
[Thu May 26 21:06:56 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc makes armour look like normal clothes
[Thu May 26 21:06:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc it's an illusion; the armour can look however you want it.
[Thu May 26 21:07:00 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc k
[Thu May 26 21:07:14 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc not just like normal clothes - it can be any look within reason.
[Thu May 26 21:07:51 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc ah, k Is it a fixed look or what ever you want at the time?
[Thu May 26 21:08:24 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc the DMG implies it's one fixed look the way I read it
[Thu May 26 21:08:27 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc can change.
[Thu May 26 21:08:53 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc but it's a neat roleplay thing
[Thu May 26 21:09:16 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc I'm not sure which it is.
[Thu May 26 21:09:17 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc yeah, I remember skimming over it a while back and liking the sound of it
[Thu May 26 21:09:34 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc but it's the character that did it - in practical terms, it's useless!
[Thu May 26 21:10:09 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Insta-disguise? It sounds ludicrously useful to me.
[Thu May 26 21:10:17 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc good for bard/rogue types
[Thu May 26 21:10:28 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I want one! ;)
[Thu May 26 21:10:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc doesn't change face, hair, build... only clothes.
[Thu May 26 21:10:45 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc makes more sense/more balanced to be limited to one look
[Thu May 26 21:10:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc that's why I have hats :-)
[Thu May 26 21:11:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc any comedy beards/breasts in your pack?
[Thu May 26 21:11:15 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc but people generally only look at clothes unless they have a reason to be suspicious
[Thu May 26 21:11:19 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu May 26 21:11:19 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc don't think so :-)
[Thu May 26 21:11:40 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc big thick glasses with attached nose and moustache
[Thu May 26 21:11:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc But if they look at your clothes hard enough they don't look at you
[Thu May 26 21:12:18 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu May 26 21:12:21 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc aaanyway, the issue is for the DM and Henry to sort out...
[Thu May 26 21:12:48 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc agreed. Sorry to disrupt the game, folks.
[Thu May 26 21:13:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Carry on ;)
[Thu May 26 21:13:21 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc blame Del. She started it! :P
[Thu May 26 21:13:36 2005] : (5) Huerney: 2IND yANAJONS?"
[Thu May 26 21:13:53 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc dammit look like a script kiddie!
[Thu May 26 21:13:53 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc ?!
[Thu May 26 21:13:58 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc I agree wholeheartedly
[Thu May 26 21:14:02 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ind Yanjons?"
[Thu May 26 21:14:13 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Yes, he's famous enough"
[Thu May 26 21:14:14 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Glamer is only +1 bonus. I think it can only assume the appearance of one set of clothes.
[Thu May 26 21:14:18 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "And always had a hat"
[Thu May 26 21:14:36 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc oh. Right.
[Thu May 26 21:14:38 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Famous enough as what?"
[Thu May 26 21:14:48 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Adventurer"
[Thu May 26 21:14:49 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc I might have to spend money to make it into a +2 glamer.
[Thu May 26 21:14:54 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc if the DM agrees :-)
[Thu May 26 21:15:03 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "And some kind of a professor he was too"
[Thu May 26 21:15:32 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "He did not like snakes. Was killed by one. poor fate."
[Thu May 26 21:15:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: "what was he professing?"
[Thu May 26 21:15:53 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc /me is slow tonight
[Thu May 26 21:15:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc just got it! D'oh!
[Thu May 26 21:15:59 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Some kind of historian and mythology researcher"
[Thu May 26 21:16:09 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc ROFLMAO
[Thu May 26 21:16:15 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc it was the snakes that gave it away
[Thu May 26 21:16:32 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc GIT
[Thu May 26 21:16:58 2005] : (1) DM: ooc a permanent enchantment of illusion that can change at will cost a tonne. I'll have to work it out.
[Thu May 26 21:17:03 2005] : (5) Huerney: "So you feel like him with a hat on then?"
[Thu May 26 21:17:05 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc you guys, I'm disappointed
[Thu May 26 21:17:12 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc I got it :-P
[Thu May 26 21:17:20 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc smart-arse
[Thu May 26 21:17:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Yes, but he only had the one hat."
[Thu May 26 21:17:46 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "He did, so I can keep my hat, if he could"
[Thu May 26 21:18:02 2005] : (7) Nerin: "An adventuring professor? Strange combination"
[Thu May 26 21:18:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Fancy getting killed by the thing that you hate the most!"
[Thu May 26 21:18:24 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc sounds like a Red Dwarf episode
[Thu May 26 21:18:29 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "No, Huerney, I don't feel like him, I am just explaining that for an adventurer to keep her hat indoors id not nexw"
[Thu May 26 21:18:31 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Like imagine having a rat placed so that the only way for it to escape is through your face!"
[Thu May 26 21:18:48 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Huerney!"
[Thu May 26 21:18:52 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I'd rather not"
[Thu May 26 21:19:00 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks disgusted
[Thu May 26 21:19:06 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Imagine being killed by someone... uncultured!" Marnak shudders.
[Thu May 26 21:19:07 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Or through your belly, there is a horror story about that
[Thu May 26 21:19:08 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Just something I heard of once"
[Thu May 26 21:19:28 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ok, so anyway, I am going to go and sleep, are we going wWest in the morning?
[Thu May 26 21:19:41 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "ok, so anyway, I am going to go and sleep, are we going wWest in the morning?"
[Thu May 26 21:19:41 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Sure thing... Sleep well"
[Thu May 26 21:19:47 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney winks
[Thu May 26 21:19:51 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I guess so, but lets not advertise the fact"
[Thu May 26 21:19:56 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Good night"
[Thu May 26 21:20:24 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes out briefly to tend to her horse, see if Ananiel is around and then goes to sleep
[Thu May 26 21:20:31 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney heads up to bed
[Thu May 26 21:20:34 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak goes to bed.
[Thu May 26 21:20:45 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin finishes his ale and heads to bed
[Thu May 26 21:21:04 2005] : (5) Huerney: "ZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzz"
[Thu May 26 21:21:08 2005] : (4) Hollyella: /w 1=Hollyella shrugs and smiles
[Thu May 26 21:21:51 2005] : (1) DM: Meanwhile.... (camera pans across the city and zooms down to a seedy inn on the docks)
[Thu May 26 21:22:20 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc cool
[Thu May 26 21:22:27 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc good director we have here
[Thu May 26 21:22:42 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella, face light strangly by the flickering fire light is show seated in front of a shifty looking man.
[Thu May 26 21:22:53 2005] : (1) DM: ooc whispers are annoying.
[Thu May 26 21:23:13 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella stands up and leaves.
[Thu May 26 21:23:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I can't parse that sentence
[Thu May 26 21:23:39 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Neither can I. And I wrote it.
[Thu May 26 21:23:46 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 26 21:24:08 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella (face light strangly by the flickering firelight) is shown seated in front of a shifty looking man.
[Thu May 26 21:24:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella returns to the inn, walking fast but not quite running
[Thu May 26 21:24:48 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc oi :-P
[Thu May 26 21:25:16 2005] : (1) DM: As you approach the inn you see a crowd of soldiers outside. One of whom is just kicking in the door.
[Thu May 26 21:25:42 2005] : (1) DM: The rest of you awake to a loud crash as the door gives way to a hobnailed boot.
[Thu May 26 21:25:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella goes to the back door, keeping out of sight
[Thu May 26 21:25:59 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [13,19] = (32)
[Thu May 26 21:26:05 2005] : (1) DM: Move silently?
[Thu May 26 21:26:09 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Thu May 26 21:26:15 2005] : (1) DM: Moving quickly?
[Thu May 26 21:26:24 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets up readily and grabs her swords as she stands in front of her door's room
[Thu May 26 21:26:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Yes
[Thu May 26 21:26:40 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak gets out of bed, gets armoured and armed (sword in left hand; dagger in right, ready to throw)
[Thu May 26 21:26:46 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin jumps to his feet
[Thu May 26 21:26:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney jumps up as he hears the crashing
[Thu May 26 21:27:03 2005] : (1) DM: You make your way unnoticed to the rear. Which is guarded by more soldiers.
[Thu May 26 21:27:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney dons his armour and shield and grabs his rapier
[Thu May 26 21:27:10 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin gets his kit on as best he can
[Thu May 26 21:27:14 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney dons his armour and shield and grabs his rapier
[Thu May 26 21:27:20 2005] : (1) DM: Booted feet pound up the stairs.
[Thu May 26 21:27:27 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc how much time do we have?
[Thu May 26 21:27:43 2005] : (1) DM: 2 minutes.
[Thu May 26 21:27:46 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Haste ( level 3, "Extra partial action and +4 AC." )
[Thu May 26 21:28:09 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grabs her hat and puts it on her ears
[Thu May 26 21:28:10 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Mirror Image ( level 2, "Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1/three levels, max 8). [1d4+3] -> [4,3] = (7) Images created." )
[Thu May 26 21:28:17 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin staggers out into the corridor in the hope that someone will help him with his armour
[Thu May 26 21:28:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)" )
[Thu May 26 21:28:26 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak helps
[Thu May 26 21:28:44 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne opens her door a little and peeks through
[Thu May 26 21:28:49 2005] : (1) DM: ooc full plates takes waaay more than a minute to don. Even with someone helping.
[Thu May 26 21:28:59 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc armour put on hastily (2mins with help)
[Thu May 26 21:28:59 2005] : (5) Huerney: 7 Huerneys rush into the corridor quite fast
[Thu May 26 21:29:29 2005] : (1) DM: The soldiers stop when they see you in the corridor.
[Thu May 26 21:29:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney helps Nerin speedily, with haste
[Thu May 26 21:29:42 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc -1 ac
[Thu May 26 21:29:45 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Is there some problem, sergeant?"
[Thu May 26 21:29:46 2005] : (1) DM: "There they are!" one shouts
[Thu May 26 21:30:12 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Am I there yet?
[Thu May 26 21:30:21 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc how many of them, can I see them in the corridor while peeking from my door?
[Thu May 26 21:30:27 2005] : (1) DM: "Drop your weapons! Down on the floor! Now!"
[Thu May 26 21:30:34 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Why?"
[Thu May 26 21:30:36 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Why?"
[Thu May 26 21:30:42 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc jinx :-P
[Thu May 26 21:30:45 2005] : (1) DM: There are 6 soldiers crowding the top of the stairs now.
[Thu May 26 21:30:55 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc makes a change from Craig doing it, lol"
[Thu May 26 21:31:02 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella you see the two soldiers guarding the back gate.
[Thu May 26 21:31:25 2005] : (1) DM: "Have it your way. (shrug) Go get em boy?"
[Thu May 26 21:31:30 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I'd advise you all to turn around, pay the innkeeper for whatever damage you have caused, and go home to bed."
[Thu May 26 21:31:31 2005] : (1) DM: They advance.
[Thu May 26 21:31:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I stay hidden and watch what's going on
[Thu May 26 21:31:39 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Sleep ( level 1, "Put 2d4 HD of creatures into comatose slumber.[2d4] -> [1,1] = (2) creatures affected (will save avoids)." )
[Thu May 26 21:31:41 2005] : (1) DM: "Have it your way. (shrug) Go get em boys!"
[Thu May 26 21:31:50 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin readies himself
[Thu May 26 21:31:53 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc 2 hd??
[Thu May 26 21:32:07 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18),[1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu May 26 21:32:11 2005] : (1) DM: ooc DC?
[Thu May 26 21:32:29 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc you better not keep rolling like that DM
[Thu May 26 21:32:38 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 26 21:32:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: 16
[Thu May 26 21:33:17 2005] : (1) DM: They're unaffected. But one swears: "Magic! Shit!".
[Thu May 26 21:33:25 2005] : (1) DM: They attack.
[Thu May 26 21:33:39 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc he never noticed that there are 7 images of me??
[Thu May 26 21:33:47 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu May 26 21:33:51 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne steps out into the corridor and shouts "Stop it, why are you attacking us?"
[Thu May 26 21:34:04 2005] : (1) DM: And since they're all level 1 I don't feel like rolling for their immediate demise we won't bother.
[Thu May 26 21:34:15 2005] : (1) DM: FIghting back or surrendering?
[Thu May 26 21:34:21 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne Selveneye casts Entangle ( level 1, "Plants entangle everyone in 40-ft.-radius circle" )
[Thu May 26 21:34:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: Fighting, but trying to do non-lethal damage.
[Thu May 26 21:34:32 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc aw shit, not that
[Thu May 26 21:34:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc it's a right pain in BG2, but it rocks in BG1
[Thu May 26 21:34:57 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc it sucks in 3e
[Thu May 26 21:34:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 26 21:35:00 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Trying to stop everyone from a blood shed
[Thu May 26 21:35:23 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Stop this!"
[Thu May 26 21:35:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc And shutting yourself in in the bargain
[Thu May 26 21:35:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
[Thu May 26 21:35:54 2005] : (1) DM: Marnak easily takes one out. He's unconcious.
[Thu May 26 21:35:59 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Marmak, stop this,now!"
[Thu May 26 21:36:07 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I'm not fighting to kill!"
[Thu May 26 21:36:30 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc does entangle actually work inside?
[Thu May 26 21:36:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak stops attacking and fights defensively, parrying all incoming attacks
[Thu May 26 21:36:46 2005] : (1) DM: Which he can do one handed...
[Thu May 26 21:36:52 2005] : (5) Huerney: HUerney goes into total defense mode
[Thu May 26 21:37:11 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc using expertise, at the max. level.
[Thu May 26 21:37:18 2005] : (1) DM: Everyone roll reflex saves for the entangle.
[Thu May 26 21:37:21 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin stands there while they pound ineffectually on his armour
[Thu May 26 21:37:22 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne parries whatever blows come across her way
[Thu May 26 21:37:26 2005] : (6) Marnak: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Thu May 26 21:37:29 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu May 26 21:37:30 2005] : (7) Nerin: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu May 26 21:37:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc +6 to AC... on top of the +4 for haste.. AC = 32
[Thu May 26 21:37:33 2005] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6),[1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5),[1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14),[1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4),[1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu May 26 21:37:40 2005] : (1) DM: DC?
[Thu May 26 21:37:45 2005] : (5) Huerney: Reflex save: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
[Thu May 26 21:38:17 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak goes and takes weapons away from the entangled soldiers.
[Thu May 26 21:38:30 2005] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, DC for your spell?
[Thu May 26 21:38:46 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc flipping pages
[Thu May 26 21:39:00 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc spell level + your wis bonus
[Thu May 26 21:39:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc +10
[Thu May 26 21:40:08 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc 10+1+2=13
[Thu May 26 21:40:39 2005] : (1) DM: Nerin's entangled. SO are 3 guards. The other two guards flee.
[Thu May 26 21:41:05 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We do not intend to harm you. Why did you come to arrest us?"
[Thu May 26 21:41:06 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc Craig, where did you see this, it's not in the description o.O
[Thu May 26 21:41:22 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney helps Marnak disarm the guards
[Thu May 26 21:41:41 2005] : (1) DM: Hollyella the guards out side are looking really apprehensive now.
[Thu May 26 21:41:46 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin stands there, slightly peeved at ayhlanne
[Thu May 26 21:41:51 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc it's in there somewhere... it's a basic game mechanic
[Thu May 26 21:42:08 2005] : (1) DM: ooc PHB, magic section.
[Thu May 26 21:42:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Are any of your... colleagues... around here?"
[Thu May 26 21:43:19 2005] : (1) DM: The guards outside the back door enter cautiously. "Sir?"
[Thu May 26 21:43:45 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella follows the guards
[Thu May 26 21:43:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak descends the stairs, sword sheathed, but still fully armoured.
[Thu May 26 21:43:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
[Thu May 26 21:43:55 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [6,19] = (25)
[Thu May 26 21:44:09 2005] : (1) Soldier: "Just two. Out back."
[Thu May 26 21:44:13 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin still stays exactly where he is stuck
[Thu May 26 21:44:29 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I would appreciate it if the two of you could follow me upstairs. I wish to speak to your whole party."
[Thu May 26 21:44:36 2005] : (1) Soldier: The two remaining soldiers circle round Marnak in preperation for attacking.
[Thu May 26 21:44:48 2005] : (1) Soldier: One lunges with his sword.
[Thu May 26 21:44:54 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Don't cause trouble, sunshine."
[Thu May 26 21:44:56 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stays put
[Thu May 26 21:45:26 2005] : (1) Soldier: Attacking, disarming, killing, or what?
[Thu May 26 21:45:38 2005] : (6) Marnak: Defending.
[Thu May 26 21:46:08 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Huerney, could you have a look over my armour and make sure its fitting properly?. It doesn't feel right"
[Thu May 26 21:46:26 2005] : (1) Soldier: They tire and surrender eventually.
[Thu May 26 21:46:37 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney follows the sounds of battle
[Thu May 26 21:46:41 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Now, please. I only want to say this once."
[Thu May 26 21:46:48 2005] : (5) Huerney: "What's going on Marnak?"
[Thu May 26 21:47:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: "They didn't want to talk, so they tried to hit me. They are tired, but unharmed."
[Thu May 26 21:48:09 2005] : (1) Soldier: Upstairs a door creaks open and the innkeeper peers out.
[Thu May 26 21:48:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak is trying to herd the captured soldiers together.
[Thu May 26 21:48:55 2005] : (1) Soldier: He takes a look around. "What the hell is going on here? You (points forcefully) gte out of my inn, Now!"
[Thu May 26 21:49:05 2005] : (1) Soldier: He looks veery distressed.
[Thu May 26 21:49:18 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc pointing at us or at the soldiers?
[Thu May 26 21:49:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney helps Marnak
[Thu May 26 21:49:25 2005] : (1) DM: ooc you.
[Thu May 26 21:49:30 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc ok
[Thu May 26 21:49:39 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Oy, come on lads, we just want you to stand down"
[Thu May 26 21:49:39 2005] : (1) DM: "Attacking the Western Watch?! Are you mad!"
[Thu May 26 21:49:53 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Will this thrice damned spell ever end???"
[Thu May 26 21:50:08 2005] : (6) Marnak: (to the soldiers) "You may tell your captain that, if he wants to speak to us, he may request an audience. We will be pleased to consider his request."
[Thu May 26 21:50:11 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc you can try to break out you know
[Thu May 26 21:50:16 2005] : (7) Nerin: "They attacked us!!"
[Thu May 26 21:50:19 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I see you have everything under control, more or less"
[Thu May 26 21:50:19 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc DC20 str check
[Thu May 26 21:50:21 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Until then, I do not want to see any of you."
[Thu May 26 21:50:24 2005] : (7) Nerin: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Thu May 26 21:50:41 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "They started it"
[Thu May 26 21:50:55 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Childish :P
[Thu May 26 21:51:04 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "And would not answer our questions when we asked them what they wanted"
[Thu May 26 21:51:07 2005] : (6) Marnak: (to Innkeeper) "These men broke your front door. I suspect 8gp should be adequate recompense on my part; I apologise for the inconvenience."
[Thu May 26 21:51:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: "they kicked in the door, and attacked"
[Thu May 26 21:51:25 2005] : (5) Huerney: "We simply tried to disarm them"
[Thu May 26 21:51:44 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I think I'll kick down a door when we leave. You seem to be better thought of then"
[Thu May 26 21:51:51 2005] : (1) DM: "Ahhh! I knew you were a bunch of trouble from the moment I saw you. You bloody adventuring types."
[Thu May 26 21:52:01 2005] : (7) Nerin: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu May 26 21:52:08 2005] : (1) DM: The soldiers aren't saying anything.
[Thu May 26 21:52:11 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "We did nothng wrong!"
[Thu May 26 21:52:24 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin feels slightly weak after being wakened abruptly
[Thu May 26 21:52:27 2005] : (6) Marnak: "This man will not listen to reason. I suggest we leave."
[Thu May 26 21:52:53 2005] : (1) Innkeeper: "That's not the point. Trouble follows your sort like flies to rotting meat."
[Thu May 26 21:52:56 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak collects his pack, then walks past the innkeeper, a little close for comfort.
[Thu May 26 21:53:02 2005] : (6) Marnak: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu May 26 21:53:10 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc not very scary then
[Thu May 26 21:53:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 26 21:53:17 2005] : (1) Innkeeper: ooc It's that hat. It makes you look silly.
[Thu May 26 21:53:30 2005] : (4) Hollyella: ooc ROTFLOL
[Thu May 26 21:53:30 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I'd rather be a fly than the peice of rotting meat that you obviously are"
[Thu May 26 21:53:51 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Please, this is not helping. We waste our energy on this fool."
[Thu May 26 21:53:53 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Look, we never meant any harm. I'm sorry"
[Thu May 26 21:53:56 2005] : (5) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [17,22] = (39)
[Thu May 26 21:54:04 2005] : (7) Nerin: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Thu May 26 21:54:21 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "At least we try to solve problems of people, and we don't kick in their door in the middle of the night"
[Thu May 26 21:54:35 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin rips the plant stuff away and heads back to get his kit
[Thu May 26 21:54:41 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney grabs his stuff from the room
[Thu May 26 21:54:45 2005] : (1) Innkeeper: The innkeeper grumbles a bit but is placated by Huerney's smooth words.
[Thu May 26 21:55:07 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grabs her stuff too
[Thu May 26 21:55:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: (to the soldiers) "Remember this night, and remember my words. You will do well to ask politely."
[Thu May 26 21:55:22 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her stuff as well
[Thu May 26 21:55:40 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I will think twice next time I help the watch, you can be sure of that"
[Thu May 26 21:55:47 2005] : (1) Innkeeper: Leaving? Grabbing your horses?
[Thu May 26 21:55:52 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu May 26 21:56:00 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin eyes the first soldier he passes
[Thu May 26 21:56:14 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Darn, if I just had returned 5 minutes earlier"
[Thu May 26 21:56:18 2005] : (7) Nerin: "We could've killed you. Remember that"
[Thu May 26 21:56:28 2005] : (7) Nerin: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [14,-1] = (13)
[Thu May 26 21:56:31 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We do not kill if we can avoid it."
[Thu May 26 21:56:33 2005] : (1) DM: Soldier goes a bit white.
[Thu May 26 21:56:39 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney gets Horsey from the stables
[Thu May 26 21:56:48 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin does likewise
[Thu May 26 21:57:14 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak folds a piece of paper into a dagger shape, and hands it to the soldier. "With my best wishes."
[Thu May 26 21:57:20 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I would go and ask explanation to the Captain,but I suppose that would mean a direct way to end up in jail or something"
[Thu May 26 21:57:38 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 26 21:58:01 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella follows, smiling at the soldiers
[Thu May 26 21:58:04 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak leaves too.
[Thu May 26 21:58:10 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Good bye, gentlemen"
[Thu May 26 21:58:25 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I think we can safely say that the warning note was real"
[Thu May 26 21:58:28 2005] : (1) DM: Where are you headed? It's late a night. There's no one out on the street.
[Thu May 26 21:58:54 2005] : (7) Nerin: "We should head south or north"
[Thu May 26 21:59:04 2005] : (1) DM: South is a little wet.
[Thu May 26 21:59:09 2005] : (1) DM: (it's the ocean)
[Thu May 26 21:59:14 2005] : (7) Nerin: ooc ahh
[Thu May 26 21:59:30 2005] : (7) Nerin: "We should head North"
[Thu May 26 21:59:33 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Oh, I think these reports of trouble to the west are interesting."
[Thu May 26 21:59:40 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Since that note was from a friend of ours, I think we should follow all of it's advice"
[Thu May 26 21:59:45 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "West"
[Thu May 26 21:59:51 2005] : (7) Nerin: "I agree, but lets look like we aren't going there, eh?"
[Thu May 26 21:59:56 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "A friend of ours?"
[Thu May 26 22:00:00 2005] : (6) Marnak: "It might be that we can solve a problem for the people, and irritate the Watch as well. Two benefits."
[Thu May 26 22:00:08 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Friends who flee..."
[Thu May 26 22:00:14 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "never mind, let us go"
[Thu May 26 22:00:36 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes, I have been asking some questions and the warning was real, it was about the watch raiding us"
[Thu May 26 22:00:58 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Only I was just a little late returning"
[Thu May 26 22:01:01 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I never liked that Captain, I believe he was not happy that we had taken his Eastern Watch in flagrant dlit of weakness"
[Thu May 26 22:01:11 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu May 26 22:01:34 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Hah, I thought that they said our lives were in danger!"
[Thu May 26 22:01:36 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc flagrant dlit in English, anyone? That's when you catch someone redhanded, legal term
[Thu May 26 22:01:41 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Well, no harm done."
[Thu May 26 22:01:54 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc red-handed is the slang
[Thu May 26 22:02:08 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: ooc hence my asking ;)
[Thu May 26 22:02:18 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc the legal term would be in flagrante delicto
[Thu May 26 22:02:46 2005] : (6) Marnak: ooc more usually used about... compromising situations.
[Thu May 26 22:03:15 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "I hate having to run out of time, especially since I've commissioned a pair of boots"
[Thu May 26 22:03:25 2005] : (4) Hollyella: town, not time
[Thu May 26 22:03:35 2005] : (6) Marnak: "They'll hold the boots for you, dear."
[Thu May 26 22:04:13 2005] : (1) DM: The town has two gates. One to the west and one to the north east (where you came in).
[Thu May 26 22:04:23 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "But the question is: are we ever going to be able to return?"
[Thu May 26 22:04:32 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "We're taking the West gate?"
[Thu May 26 22:04:52 2005] : (5) Huerney: "I'm sure that you and Marnak could affect a disguise and re-enter"
[Thu May 26 22:04:57 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Hollyella, yes we will, we need to clear that whole thing. those guards were harmless"
[Thu May 26 22:05:11 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "Someone is manipulating them and the Watch against us for some reason"
[Thu May 26 22:05:16 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "And show everybody where we're going? Let's take the north east gate"
[Thu May 26 22:05:23 2005] : ** (2) Ayhlanne found the F3 macro key **
[Thu May 26 22:05:30 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "True"
[Thu May 26 22:05:45 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Is that not what I said?"
[Thu May 26 22:06:56 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Did you, Nerin? I'm afraid I didn't catch that"
[Thu May 26 22:07:10 2005] : (1) DM: Remember there's a river through the city. Each gate exits on to a different side of the river.
[Thu May 26 22:07:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: West seems good to me
[Thu May 26 22:07:29 2005] : (5) Huerney: ""
[Thu May 26 22:08:04 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "But if really the trouble is so great West, we might as well, show them we're going where trouble is"
[Thu May 26 22:08:16 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: "So they leave us alone"
[Thu May 26 22:08:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Well, they're not likely to follow us there..."
[Thu May 26 22:08:50 2005] : (1) DM: You ride towards the west gate. It is of course closed at night.
[Thu May 26 22:09:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Any guards visible?
[Thu May 26 22:10:42 2005] : (1) DM: Yep. Two guards looking rather bored.
[Thu May 26 22:11:05 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Ghost Sound ( level 0, "Figment sounds." )
[Thu May 26 22:11:17 2005] : (1) DM: What sound?
[Thu May 26 22:11:32 2005] : (5) Huerney: A Swarm of rats... Loud as 20 humans shouting... Coming from the other side of the gate
[Thu May 26 22:11:59 2005] : (6) Marnak: "That won't do; they'll just keep the gate closed!"
[Thu May 26 22:12:16 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Rats can squeeze under the gate"
[Thu May 26 22:12:39 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Then they'll be surprised when none appear, surely?"
[Thu May 26 22:12:47 2005] : (5) Huerney: Will dc = 15
[Thu May 26 22:12:47 2005] : (6) Marnak: "I'll let you handle it."
[Thu May 26 22:13:07 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Depends, 4000 or so rats are pretty scary"
[Thu May 26 22:13:42 2005] : (1) DM: They run for the stairs to the battlements. Presumably for a look over the other side.
[Thu May 26 22:13:58 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ok, shall we go?"
[Thu May 26 22:14:09 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Ah the door is still shut"
[Thu May 26 22:14:11 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes, let's"
[Thu May 26 22:14:23 2005] : (5) Huerney: ooc Huerney's not the wisest of chaps
[Thu May 26 22:14:27 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella checks the door
[Thu May 26 22:14:32 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu May 26 22:15:09 2005] : (1) DM: (From above) "'Ere' there ain't nuffin' there. Someones playin' tricks on us."
[Thu May 26 22:15:18 2005] : (5) Huerney: Blink Dog: Huerney taps his tuning fork and holds it up to chime... Enhanced Blink dog summoned; HP = 37; AC = 17
[Thu May 26 22:15:26 2005] : (1) DM: The make there way back down.
[Thu May 26 22:15:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Can I open the gate?
[Thu May 26 22:15:52 2005] : (1) DM: "Oi. You can't get through 'ere. It's locked. Come back tomorra."
[Thu May 26 22:15:52 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney gets him to walk up the stairs towards the guard to keep them upstairs
[Thu May 26 22:16:07 2005] : (1) DM: The gate is just barred. You're too short to lift it though.
[Thu May 26 22:16:22 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We need to leave town. Our employer has an urgent errand to be carried out. Urgent - and confidential."
[Thu May 26 22:16:24 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Help me open this"
[Thu May 26 22:16:25 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Keep them occupied Blinky"
[Thu May 26 22:16:38 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to help Hollyella
[Thu May 26 22:16:45 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney aids in the door opening
[Thu May 26 22:17:08 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin makes sure the gaurds dont interfere
[Thu May 26 22:17:08 2005] : (1) DM: "Oh yeah? Just how.. urgent is... Hey wait. You can't open that. It aint allowed!"
[Thu May 26 22:17:18 2005] : (1) DM: They don't look keen to stop you though.
[Thu May 26 22:17:29 2005] : (6) Marnak: "We will let you close it again."
[Thu May 26 22:17:40 2005] : (1) DM: You get the gates open.
[Thu May 26 22:17:42 2005] : (5) Huerney: Blinky barks at them
[Thu May 26 22:17:58 2005] : (6) Marnak: "You may tell anyone who asks that we bribed you, if you wish."
[Thu May 26 22:18:13 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Tell them we threatened you"
[Thu May 26 22:18:15 2005] : (5) Huerney: "But not threatened"
[Thu May 26 22:18:26 2005] : (7) Nerin: "Oh, go on, let them"
[Thu May 26 22:18:33 2005] : (5) Huerney: "Nah, we don't want to get a bad reputation!"
[Thu May 26 22:18:44 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Shall we go now? You can bicker on the road"
[Thu May 26 22:18:49 2005] : (7) Nerin: grumble grumble
[Thu May 26 22:18:50 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney winks
[Thu May 26 22:18:50 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella grins
[Thu May 26 22:18:56 2005] : (6) Marnak: "Yes, we can bicker as we ride!"
[Thu May 26 22:19:03 2005] : (1) DM: You all riding through the gates?
[Thu May 26 22:19:12 2005] : (7) Nerin: yeah
[Thu May 26 22:19:13 2005] : (6) Marnak: Marnak gives a big wave to the guards as he leaves town.
[Thu May 26 22:19:18 2005] : (4) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu May 26 22:19:20 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney remounts and holds up the tuning fork
[Thu May 26 22:19:24 2005] : (2) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu May 26 22:19:34 2005] : (4) Hollyella: "Goodbye, gentlemen"
[Thu May 26 22:19:38 2005] : (1) DM: The guards look rather miserable.
[Thu May 26 22:19:39 2005] : (5) Huerney: Huerney chimes the tuning fork again
[Thu May 26 22:19:39 2005] : (7) Nerin: Nerin waves to the guards as he leaves
[Thu May 26 22:19:43 2005] : (5) Huerney: Yes
[Thu May 26 22:20:44 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END