Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 19 May 2005

[Thu May 19 19:10:11 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu May 19 19:10:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, he was a bit odd, wasn't he"
[Thu May 19 19:10:54 2005] : (1) DM: You're standing around on the road west. The strange man and his donkey are heading away to the east
[Thu May 19 19:11:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'd even say...a bit scary"
[Thu May 19 19:11:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Creepy, yeah"
[Thu May 19 19:12:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, whatever he was on about, if it comes to pass, then it comes to pass"
[Thu May 19 19:12:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But we've seen worse"
[Thu May 19 19:12:20 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I wonder what he was talking about"
[Thu May 19 19:12:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go"
[Thu May 19 19:12:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu May 19 19:12:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "i'm not sure that his cryptic statements were much use to us"
[Thu May 19 19:12:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And it's not as if he did have something useful to say, we already know death is al around us"
[Thu May 19 19:12:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: oops
[Thu May 19 19:12:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Never mind, it was a crappy roll anyway ;)
[Thu May 19 19:12:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Ah well, let's continue"
[Thu May 19 19:13:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Onward and foreward"
[Thu May 19 19:13:28 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Yes, we've still got a long journey ahead"
[Thu May 19 19:14:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: call for Ananiel
[Thu May 19 19:14:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney mounts Horsey and heads off
[Thu May 19 19:15:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 19 19:15:27 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin follows
[Thu May 19 19:15:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc this looks like F2 has been put to good use ;)
[Thu May 19 19:16:20 2005] : (4) Huerney: clip clop
[Thu May 19 19:16:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I might leave early, around 10.00/10.30 my time
[Thu May 19 19:16:58 2005] : (1) DM: You spends a few more hours riding along uneventfully.
[Thu May 19 19:17:31 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc You have something better to do?
[Thu May 19 19:18:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Beer, yes :P
[Thu May 19 19:18:23 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc ah, knew there was something i'd forgot
[Thu May 19 19:19:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney has some water from his wineskin as he rides
[Thu May 19 19:19:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc You can't play and drink at the same time?
[Thu May 19 19:20:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at the landscape
[Thu May 19 19:20:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: "mmmph, getting a bit fusty, I could do with changing this soon"
[Thu May 19 19:20:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc fusty?
[Thu May 19 19:20:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "It'll do for now though"
[Thu May 19 19:20:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc stale
[Thu May 19 19:20:55 2005] : (2) Nerin: "There's bound to be a river or something around here"
[Thu May 19 19:21:09 2005] : (1) DM: In fact, the entire journey is uneventful. And in 2.5 days you see the walls of of Tansis ahead. Straddling the mouth of a large river as it flows into a large bay.
[Thu May 19 19:21:16 2005] : (4) Huerney: "it's alright for now"
[Thu May 19 19:21:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Here is your river"
[Thu May 19 19:21:40 2005] : (1) DM: ooc unless people wanted to role play riding horses...?
[Thu May 19 19:21:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "umm, i got some more at the rest stop a day ago, don't you remember?" ;)
[Thu May 19 19:22:04 2005] : (1) DM: ooc anyone wearing hats?
[Thu May 19 19:22:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I forget things, time flies in these parts"
[Thu May 19 19:22:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc just adding colour... and no
[Thu May 19 19:22:28 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc no hat here
[Thu May 19 19:22:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc no
[Thu May 19 19:22:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I guess my cloak has a hood
[Thu May 19 19:24:21 2005] : (1) DM: Approaching the city? The road leads down some gates in the walls.
[Thu May 19 19:24:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep, going straight ahead
[Thu May 19 19:25:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: Yeah, is there any reason to think that this might not be a good idea?
[Thu May 19 19:25:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Don't give the DM any ideas, he's doing fine as he is :P
[Thu May 19 19:25:56 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I'm no big fan of big cities, but I'm really looking forward to a nice, cold beer"
[Thu May 19 19:26:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Beer sounds good, but I wouldn't mind some good wine"
[Thu May 19 19:26:24 2005] : (1) DM: On the road are the usual merchants and farmers with wagon. A squad of mailed riders trots out of the city and passes you by.
[Thu May 19 19:26:25 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It'll be good to see some other people again"
[Thu May 19 19:26:40 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Hmm, I wonder where thay are going"
[Thu May 19 19:26:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I quite like cities, although towns are more appreciative of a good bard than cities"
[Thu May 19 19:26:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets a good look at the riders
[Thu May 19 19:26:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Maybe market is over for the day?"
[Thu May 19 19:27:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Still, I can meet other bards here to change stories and learn of new spells and the like"
[Thu May 19 19:27:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at the people going by
[Thu May 19 19:27:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18)
[Thu May 19 19:27:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And have a drink as well"
[Thu May 19 19:27:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney doean't even notice them
[Thu May 19 19:27:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles at Huerney
[Thu May 19 19:28:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Err, by change, I mean exchange of course"
[Thu May 19 19:28:03 2005] : (1) DM: They look like regular soldiers. Servicable chainmail, iron helm, scabbarded sword. And tabard of a field of blue with a yellow cockatrice.
[Thu May 19 19:28:20 2005] : (1) DM: The same symbol is present on the flags flying from the walls.
[Thu May 19 19:28:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What kind of bird is that?"
[Thu May 19 19:28:38 2005] : (2) Nerin: "A yellow one"
[Thu May 19 19:28:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella points at the flags
[Thu May 19 19:29:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu May 19 19:29:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I would say a cockatrice
[Thu May 19 19:29:20 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu May 19 19:29:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Huerney, do you know shose emblem that is?"
[Thu May 19 19:29:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "but it's really kind of weirdly drawn"
[Thu May 19 19:30:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc /me has decided the DM can't draw ;)
[Thu May 19 19:30:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Umm, it's a lizard isn't it?"
[Thu May 19 19:30:33 2005] : (1) DM: As you approach the ubiqutous gate guards motion for you to stop.
[Thu May 19 19:30:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL Not that it matters for an emblem how well it's drawn
[Thu May 19 19:30:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I'm /not/ drawing the symbol.
[Thu May 19 19:30:54 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc awwww
[Thu May 19 19:30:56 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne halts and dismounts
[Thu May 19 19:31:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I *know* that ;)
[Thu May 19 19:31:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella stops and remains seated
[Thu May 19 19:31:18 2005] : (1) DM: ooc unless you want me to it to a potato. I could draw one of those.
[Thu May 19 19:31:20 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin also dismounts
[Thu May 19 19:31:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge [1d20+12] -> [15,12] = (27)
[Thu May 19 19:31:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I'm quite good at candles
[Thu May 19 19:31:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I think it was a Cockatrice too Holly"
[Thu May 19 19:32:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "So who does that emblem belong to then?"
[Thu May 19 19:32:16 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Part bat, part lizard, part bird. Or so the tales say"
[Thu May 19 19:32:16 2005] : (1) Guard: "Sorry about this sirs. Just a routine inspection. (To Holly) If you wouldn't mind just lowering your hood for a minute."
[Thu May 19 19:32:16 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Maybe we could ask the gaurds"
[Thu May 19 19:32:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu May 19 19:32:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella lowers her hood
[Thu May 19 19:32:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I don't know Holly"
[Thu May 19 19:32:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Certainly, sir"
[Thu May 19 19:33:06 2005] : (1) Guard: The guard takes a look at each of you in term.
[Thu May 19 19:33:34 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Everything alright? Security certaiblyh seems tight around here"
[Thu May 19 19:33:54 2005] : (1) Guard: When he reaches Ayhlanne he points and says was rather less politeness than before. "You, elf. What's your business here?"
[Thu May 19 19:34:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Excuse me?"
[Thu May 19 19:34:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella rides over to Ayhlannd
[Thu May 19 19:34:19 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Nerin raises his eyebrows at the tone of his voice"
[Thu May 19 19:34:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks shocked at the sudden mistreatment
[Thu May 19 19:34:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Is that a way to talk to innocent travellers?"
[Thu May 19 19:34:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Nerin taliking in third person now is he?
[Thu May 19 19:34:53 2005] : (1) Guard: "Don't mess with me elf. Answer the question."
[Thu May 19 19:34:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 19 19:34:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Is there some kind of ban on elves in this city?"
[Thu May 19 19:34:58 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc and what if he is? :P
[Thu May 19 19:35:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "i am but a traveller"
[Thu May 19 19:35:21 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc One should be able to do that if one wishes so
[Thu May 19 19:35:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And I have come here to rest"
[Thu May 19 19:35:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Craig likes to ;)
[Thu May 19 19:35:50 2005] : (1) Guard: "Hrmph. A likely story. From where have you come from?"
[Thu May 19 19:36:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Perhaps I should speak here"
[Thu May 19 19:36:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Why all the questions? And why the rudeness?"
[Thu May 19 19:36:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have just travelled a few days from Port Hoon"
[Thu May 19 19:36:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: "The elf, Ayhlanne, is with me... My bodyguard"
[Thu May 19 19:37:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney flashes a winning smile
[Thu May 19 19:37:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [15,22] = (37)
[Thu May 19 19:37:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I am a half elf, and I am huge :P
[Thu May 19 19:37:48 2005] : (4) Huerney: "We have ventured from Port Hoon and are seeking an inn for the night"
[Thu May 19 19:38:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Next time comb your hair over your ears ;)
[Thu May 19 19:38:15 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc or wear a woolly hat
[Thu May 19 19:38:20 2005] : (1) Guard: "Bodyguard you say. Makes sense I s'pose. They fight hard and mean. From Port Hoon you say? Well, you have come in on the right road."
[Thu May 19 19:38:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks at the guard fiercely
[Thu May 19 19:39:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "She is very loyal. And has never been any trouble, I promise you officer"
[Thu May 19 19:39:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella starts to fume, silently
[Thu May 19 19:39:26 2005] : (1) Guard: (talking to Huerney) "I'll let you through. But the elf must register at the city patrol office."
[Thu May 19 19:39:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I will personally vouch for her conduct within the city"
[Thu May 19 19:39:55 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Speaking of the road, there was a spot of trouble out on your eastern border. Could you point us to the Captain of the Eastern Watch?"
[Thu May 19 19:40:03 2005] : (1) Guard: "You'd better. We don't look to friendly at elves you understand."
[Thu May 19 19:40:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne raises an eyebrow
[Thu May 19 19:40:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Actually I don't understand. Can you tell us why?"
[Thu May 19 19:40:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yes, I understand. But it's most inconvenient to have to go with her to get her egistered"
[Thu May 19 19:41:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Obviously i'll have to go unless I wish to be without a bodyguard"
[Thu May 19 19:41:51 2005] : (1) Guard: "Oh. Of course. You wouldn't know what with having come from the east. The elves have been raiding in west. Burning and slaughtering by all accounts."
[Thu May 19 19:42:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: AYhlanne looks alarmed
[Thu May 19 19:42:15 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Really? Isn't that unusual?"
[Thu May 19 19:42:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: They have? What elves?
[Thu May 19 19:42:29 2005] : (1) Guard: (To Ayhlanne) "Better cover those ears of yours or and mob might get you girl."
[Thu May 19 19:42:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "They have? What elves?"
[Thu May 19 19:42:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, Ayhlanne comes from the East too, and has nothing to do with any elves from the West"
[Thu May 19 19:42:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: 3I will, thank you for the tip, and I am but a half-elf"
[Thu May 19 19:43:21 2005] : (1) Guard: (laughs) "Then they might only half beat you."
[Thu May 19 19:43:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'm afraid that a mob won't find that out until after they grab you Ayhlanne, if at all"
[Thu May 19 19:43:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That is not really funny"
[Thu May 19 19:43:46 2005] : (1) Guard: "Now move along. You're blocking the gate."
[Thu May 19 19:43:50 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Huerney, why dont you go sort out this registration thing and we'll tell someone about the Winter Wolf attack"
[Thu May 19 19:43:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I suppose I can understand the look you gave me, I am still very surprised that elves should raid a city"
[Thu May 19 19:44:01 2005] : (1) Guard: Waves you inwards.
[Thu May 19 19:44:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Thanks very much officer"
[Thu May 19 19:44:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "As am I"
[Thu May 19 19:44:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you indeed"
[Thu May 19 19:44:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Goodbye, sirs"
[Thu May 19 19:44:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Here's a gold piece for your understanding"
[Thu May 19 19:44:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney passes it discretely
[Thu May 19 19:44:43 2005] : (1) Guard: Swiftly pockets it.
[Thu May 19 19:44:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I guess I am in for a cloak or a hat of some kind"
[Thu May 19 19:45:00 2005] : (4) Huerney: to the others as we move on
[Thu May 19 19:45:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, that's an oddity and no mistake"
[Thu May 19 19:45:16 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Or maybe a head band of some sort"
[Thu May 19 19:45:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Star Trek Iv??
[Thu May 19 19:45:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I am really tall btw, so hat should suffice to hide my elfic ways
[Thu May 19 19:45:36 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc yeah, lol
[Thu May 19 19:46:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu May 19 19:46:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, whatever, we need something"
[Thu May 19 19:46:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Use my cloak for now, Ayhlannd"
[Thu May 19 19:46:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: "A headband would suffice for now"
[Thu May 19 19:46:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella hands her cloak to Ayhlannd
[Thu May 19 19:46:28 2005] : (1) DM: ooc a gnome sized cloak?
[Thu May 19 19:46:31 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc I hope thats a magical cloak!
[Thu May 19 19:46:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc was about tosay, lol
[Thu May 19 19:46:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just mind you return it to me soon"
[Thu May 19 19:46:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I don't think that's going to help
[Thu May 19 19:46:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Cloak of hiding :D
[Thu May 19 19:46:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne hides her ears with her hair
[Thu May 19 19:47:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "It might enable you to walk around without being noticed"
[Thu May 19 19:47:14 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc does a magic cloak resize like magical armour?
[Thu May 19 19:47:23 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I guess so.
[Thu May 19 19:47:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'd suppose, yes
[Thu May 19 19:47:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne dons the cloak
[Thu May 19 19:47:51 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Or she can just wear it as a cape, jsut as long as the hood fits
[Thu May 19 19:47:57 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc if not it'd do as a head band :)
[Thu May 19 19:48:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 19 19:48:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu May 19 19:48:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go and register then"
[Thu May 19 19:48:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am not going to be prey to the mob"
[Thu May 19 19:48:44 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And get you something else to hide your ears"
[Thu May 19 19:49:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I suppose"
[Thu May 19 19:49:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Huerney, I'll follow you, since I am your "body-guard" "
[Thu May 19 19:49:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne grins
[Thu May 19 19:49:58 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin sniggers
[Thu May 19 19:50:21 2005] : (1) DM: It's easy enough to ask your way to the headquarters of the city patrol.
[Thu May 19 19:50:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, i had to say something appropriate"
[Thu May 19 19:51:01 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Going there first or fiding an inn or something else?
[Thu May 19 19:51:01 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Never mind, I'd rather be that than your trainee"
[Thu May 19 19:51:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And I could always have said I was the Great Huernay"
[Thu May 19 19:51:15 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Yeah, ok. It was pretty quick, I'll give you that"
[Thu May 19 19:51:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Then be surprised and appalled that he hasn't heard of me"
[Thu May 19 19:51:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go and register, then find a place where I can buy a headband or a hat"
[Thu May 19 19:51:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney grins
[Thu May 19 19:51:41 2005] : (2) Nerin: "No, better to stick to something believable"
[Thu May 19 19:52:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Oh, dwarven humour, save me!"
[Thu May 19 19:52:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney sticks his tongue out at Nerin
[Thu May 19 19:52:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella grins
[Thu May 19 19:52:37 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin laughs
[Thu May 19 19:52:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Let's get this registration thing out of the way first"
[Thu May 19 19:53:00 2005] : (2) Nerin: "OK, I'll buy you an ale for that"
[Thu May 19 19:53:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Still elves raiding a city, this seems rather unusual"
[Thu May 19 19:53:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yes, seems it's important. I just hope it doean't come with a load of restrictions"
[Thu May 19 19:53:44 2005] : (1) DM: ooc the guard didn't say rading a city.
[Thu May 19 19:53:49 2005] : (2) Nerin: "He just said it was in the West"
[Thu May 19 19:53:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne points at the headquarters
[Thu May 19 19:54:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc oops
[Thu May 19 19:54:02 2005] : (2) Nerin: "probably jsut the outlying farms and such"
[Thu May 19 19:54:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Still"
[Thu May 19 19:54:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Here we are"
[Thu May 19 19:54:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Huerney, I'll follow you"
[Thu May 19 19:54:25 2005] : (1) DM: The HQ is a rather shabby 2 story building in the NE corner of the city. Near the walls.
[Thu May 19 19:54:35 2005] : (2) Nerin: "but, yes, it does seem out of character"
[Thu May 19 19:55:18 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Should we all go in, as a show of support?"
[Thu May 19 19:56:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, in we go then"
[Thu May 19 19:56:15 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc afk 1 min
[Thu May 19 19:56:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney dismounts and looks for somewhere to tie up the horse
[Thu May 19 19:56:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 19 19:57:07 2005] : (1) DM: There's a hitching post near by.
[Thu May 19 19:57:40 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc back
[Thu May 19 19:58:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella hitches her mount as goes in with the rest
[Thu May 19 19:58:07 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin does the same and follows
[Thu May 19 19:59:06 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney ties up the horse and heads into the building
[Thu May 19 19:59:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc we do assume when we don't say anything that things are the same :)
[Thu May 19 19:59:25 2005] : (1) DM: You all enter a small hallway with a counter down one side. A clerk is manning the counter. He looks profoundly bored.
[Thu May 19 20:00:18 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me :P
[Thu May 19 20:00:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hello there. Is this where we report an incident?"
[Thu May 19 20:01:03 2005] : (1) DM: "Depends. You mean something in the city?"
[Thu May 19 20:01:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "No, thi shappened onthe border with Hoon" or whatever the Duchy was called
[Thu May 19 20:01:41 2005] : (1) Clerk: ooc The Duchy of Lukern.
[Thu May 19 20:02:05 2005] : (4) Huerney: "An attack by some winter Wolves on the border crossing. Seemed most unusual"
[Thu May 19 20:02:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We're sorry we have to say not all of the guards survived the attack"
[Thu May 19 20:02:36 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Ah. You'll want the Eastern Watch offices, they're up in the keep. Nothing to do with us. We're the city patrol."
[Thu May 19 20:02:54 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Is that office easy to find?"
[Thu May 19 20:03:10 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Ah, OK"
[Thu May 19 20:03:18 2005] : (4) Huerney: "there was another matter"
[Thu May 19 20:03:38 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Just ask the man on the castle gates and they'll direct you."
[Thu May 19 20:03:42 2005] : (1) Clerk: "And that is?"
[Thu May 19 20:03:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Is this where we register an elf as a visitor to the city?"
[Thu May 19 20:04:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Half-elf"
[Thu May 19 20:04:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Sorry Ayhlanne. Liek she said, a half-elf"
[Thu May 19 20:04:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella shudders at the words
[Thu May 19 20:05:59 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc afk
[Thu May 19 20:06:26 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Oh that. Bloody stupid if you ask me. I met some fine elves myself. Mmm. She was... *cough* What I mean is there's regular elves (and half elves of course) and then there's those fiends from the West. Not the same. Not the same at all."
[Thu May 19 20:06:57 2005] : (1) Clerk: "But rules are rules." He reaches down and brings up a book. which he opens.
[Thu May 19 20:07:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Is there anything you can tell us about those attacks?"
[Thu May 19 20:07:42 2005] : (1) Clerk: "If you could just write you name here, where you're staying here... and sign... here. And that'll be done."
[Thu May 19 20:08:45 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "can you tell us where we can find a good Inn"
[Thu May 19 20:08:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We have come here first, and don't know where we're staying yet"
[Thu May 19 20:09:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to write down her name
[Thu May 19 20:09:21 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Don't really know much. Just the gossip. Apparently, a whole bunch of them raided a village close to their forest. Razed it to the ground. And, I don't know whether to believe this or not, slaughtered everyone!"
[Thu May 19 20:09:22 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc back
[Thu May 19 20:09:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So what is the deal with the elves in the West?"
[Thu May 19 20:09:54 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc oops
[Thu May 19 20:10:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That does sound hard to believe. What evidence was there it were the elves, seeing that there are no survivors?"
[Thu May 19 20:10:33 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Oh don't worry about that. Just put down the Hand and Glove or something. No one will check."
[Thu May 19 20:10:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed"
[Thu May 19 20:10:43 2005] : ** No match found
[Thu May 19 20:11:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So, an Inn?"
[Thu May 19 20:11:26 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Wow, yeah, I'd never have thought of that!"
[Thu May 19 20:11:31 2005] : (1) Clerk: "Well, like I said. I only hear the gossip. Them in the castle are keeping it all hush-hush. Don't want to alarm the mob I suspect."
[Thu May 19 20:11:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I suppose I need to put down something?
[Thu May 19 20:11:42 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Is this Hand and Glove worth staying at?"
[Thu May 19 20:11:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I take it a full investigation is underway"
[Thu May 19 20:12:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Lots of elven arrows and stuff lying around eh? Obvious stuff like that?"
[Thu May 19 20:12:18 2005] : (1) Clerk: "What? It's an average sort of inn. Near the market square."
[Thu May 19 20:12:26 2005] : (1) Clerk: "I dunno."
[Thu May 19 20:12:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne writes down the Hand and Glove
[Thu May 19 20:12:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Is the beer any good there?"
[Thu May 19 20:12:39 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you, you've been most helpful"
[Thu May 19 20:13:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, thank you very much"
[Thu May 19 20:13:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney smiles at the clerk and bows before leaving
[Thu May 19 20:13:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella leaves
[Thu May 19 20:14:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 19 20:14:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go and find a hat"
[Thu May 19 20:15:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And hope everyone is like him"
[Thu May 19 20:15:24 2005] : (2) Nerin: "They probably wont be though"
[Thu May 19 20:15:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, at his mention of the mob, I'm guessing not"
[Thu May 19 20:15:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Or if the aren't let's hope they never notice your ears"
[Thu May 19 20:15:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: they
[Thu May 19 20:16:14 2005] : (2) Nerin: "You shouldn't go trying on hats in public for a while"
[Thu May 19 20:17:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I might be able to make you look even more human as soon as we're in private"
[Thu May 19 20:17:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed"
[Thu May 19 20:17:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It's really just the ears"
[Thu May 19 20:17:54 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I have a dagger that could sort that out"
[Thu May 19 20:18:05 2005] : (1) Clerk: ooc nothing some shears and a backstreet phsyician couldn't fix...
[Thu May 19 20:18:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Nerin!"
[Thu May 19 20:18:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella sniggers
[Thu May 19 20:18:33 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin smiles at Ayhlanne
[Thu May 19 20:18:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks evilly at Nerin
[Thu May 19 20:18:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "You really are terrible"
[Thu May 19 20:18:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: just try friend dwarf, just try and get this dagger close to me
[Thu May 19 20:19:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne winks
[Thu May 19 20:19:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney looks like he missed the joke there
[Thu May 19 20:19:33 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin reaches for his dagger in jest
[Thu May 19 20:19:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Sorry, I was thinking about the elves in the West. Di I miss something?"
[Thu May 19 20:20:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just some more dwarven humour"
[Thu May 19 20:20:10 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne prevents the dagger by catching Nerin's arm
[Thu May 19 20:20:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Nothing then"
[Thu May 19 20:20:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ok, enough jest here, let us go"
[Thu May 19 20:20:40 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin tweaks the tip of one of Ayhlannes ears
[Thu May 19 20:20:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney winks at Holly
[Thu May 19 20:20:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Aie!"
[Thu May 19 20:20:56 2005] : (1) Clerk: ooc Nerin, can you even reach?
[Thu May 19 20:21:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "First a hat, then a beer"
[Thu May 19 20:21:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 19 20:21:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I doubt it, 6' here ;)
[Thu May 19 20:21:38 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc she has to bend down to reach my arm, lol
[Thu May 19 20:22:16 2005] : (1) DM: The market square?
[Thu May 19 20:22:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "A quiet shop would be nice"
[Thu May 19 20:22:58 2005] : (1) DM: Wander around until you spot one?
[Thu May 19 20:23:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu May 19 20:23:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hmm, lets have a see if we can find what we're after!"
[Thu May 19 20:23:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu May 19 20:23:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well, I have no idea where to go"
[Thu May 19 20:23:52 2005] : (2) Nerin: Intuit Direction Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu May 19 20:23:58 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Me neither"
[Thu May 19 20:24:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu May 19 20:24:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Intuit Direction Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu May 19 20:24:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That way, I think"
[Thu May 19 20:24:29 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "i'd say this way"
[Thu May 19 20:24:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh, ok"
[Thu May 19 20:24:53 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 19 20:24:54 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin looks at the girls pointing in opposite directions
[Thu May 19 20:25:07 2005] : (1) DM: You find a suitable small hat shop, tucked away between two more impressive stores.
[Thu May 19 20:25:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc That's bound to be my best roll of the evening ;)
[Thu May 19 20:25:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc hopefully it's my worst
[Thu May 19 20:25:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc of course both would think that they were right there!
[Thu May 19 20:25:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "If you say so"
[Thu May 19 20:25:53 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc and of course they would both be right
[Thu May 19 20:25:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "But I really thought it was this way"
[Thu May 19 20:25:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Let us just go"
[Thu May 19 20:26:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc As if men ever think they might be wrong about any route to anywhere :P
[Thu May 19 20:26:15 2005] : (4) Huerney: huerney wanders with the others looking for a square or an inn
[Thu May 19 20:26:32 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc if you dont ask, then you aren't lost :P
[Thu May 19 20:28:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL There was this carride once, the chauffeur didn't know where exactly he was going and the last 5 minutes took us half an hour. We never would have got there if I hadn't pressured him to ask the way at a petrolstation
[Thu May 19 20:28:25 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc hehe
[Thu May 19 20:28:38 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne spots a clothing/hat shop
[Thu May 19 20:28:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc And convincing him took me at least 20 minutes
[Thu May 19 20:28:49 2005] : (1) DM: ooc You do pay by the minute usual...
[Thu May 19 20:29:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne enters
[Thu May 19 20:29:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ding dong
[Thu May 19 20:29:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Wasn't a taxi, it was a colleague of mine
[Thu May 19 20:29:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney does a spot of juggling as he walks
[Thu May 19 20:29:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella is singing softly as she walks along and looks at the people
[Thu May 19 20:30:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks around for something suitable and spots a nice cape with a hood
[Thu May 19 20:30:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'll take that"
[Thu May 19 20:30:33 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "How much?"
[Thu May 19 20:30:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Nice colour"
[Thu May 19 20:30:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: (to the ghost shop attendant)
[Thu May 19 20:30:50 2005] : (1) DM: The place is crowded with hats, There's a woman seated on a stool is sewing a hat.
[Thu May 19 20:31:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "hello"
[Thu May 19 20:31:08 2005] : (1) Hatter: "Hello there. How my I help?"
[Thu May 19 20:31:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Whispering: "Don't take that one off just yet"
[Thu May 19 20:31:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I need a hat, my ears tend to get cold as I ride, so a deep one cwould be nice"
[Thu May 19 20:32:36 2005] : (1) Hatter: "A hat to cover your ears, eh? *winks*"
[Thu May 19 20:32:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc millinering/millining a hat??
[Thu May 19 20:32:56 2005] : (1) Hatter: Let's see. From your clothes you look like a outdoor type. Yes?"
[Thu May 19 20:33:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu May 19 20:33:21 2005] : (1) Hatter: "Something plain and brown I think to blend in."
[Thu May 19 20:33:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Great"
[Thu May 19 20:34:17 2005] : (1) Hatter: She digs out a hat in brown. Try this on for size."
[Thu May 19 20:34:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne does a fast swap with her cloak
[Thu May 19 20:35:09 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc does it fit?
[Thu May 19 20:35:12 2005] : (1) Hatter: ooc No doubt someone with hat knowledge will come up with a suitable hat.
[Thu May 19 20:35:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc or do my ears stick out ;)
[Thu May 19 20:35:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Grand"
[Thu May 19 20:35:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Deerstalker?
[Thu May 19 20:35:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'll take that one"
[Thu May 19 20:35:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc flaps down!
[Thu May 19 20:35:52 2005] : (1) Hatter: "Tsk. No need to hide your ears from me. You wouldn't be the first elf to visit my store in recent times."
[Thu May 19 20:36:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see"
[Thu May 19 20:36:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne smiles
[Thu May 19 20:36:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "this seems to be appropriate doesn't it?"
[Thu May 19 20:36:29 2005] : (1) Hatter: ooc I was think more of the wide brimed indian jones style hat.
[Thu May 19 20:36:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc perfect :P
[Thu May 19 20:36:46 2005] : (1) Hatter: ooc Indiana.
[Thu May 19 20:36:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "How much?"
[Thu May 19 20:37:07 2005] : (1) Hatter: "A excellent fit. That will be..."
[Thu May 19 20:37:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I don't like the three dots
[Thu May 19 20:37:46 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc wonder if the DMG has an entry for 'Indiana Jones hat"
[Thu May 19 20:37:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I forgot mine
[Thu May 19 20:38:07 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc couldn't tell
[Thu May 19 20:38:12 2005] : (1) Hatter: "5 silver pieces, please."
[Thu May 19 20:39:11 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gives the5 sp
[Thu May 19 20:39:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "thank you very much indeed"
[Thu May 19 20:39:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "know of any good inn we could stay at?
[Thu May 19 20:39:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, you've been most helpful"
[Thu May 19 20:39:40 2005] : (1) Hatter: "Your welcome."
[Thu May 19 20:40:44 2005] : (1) Hatter: "An Inn? Try the Silver flute. It's close to the south bridge."
[Thu May 19 20:40:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "thanx, we will"
[Thu May 19 20:41:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Umm, where's the South Bridge?"
[Thu May 19 20:41:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "South bridge? That would be in the sout of the citu I guess?"
[Thu May 19 20:41:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc besides on a motherboard
[Thu May 19 20:41:40 2005] : (3) Hollyella: city
[Thu May 19 20:41:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Really?
[Thu May 19 20:42:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "It could be named after someone called South"
[Thu May 19 20:43:21 2005] : (1) Hatter: "It's the southern bridge. You can't miss it."
[Thu May 19 20:43:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc it's a chip used in motherboard chipsets I think
[Thu May 19 20:43:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That was why I was asking, Huerney"
[Thu May 19 20:43:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Thank you so much"
[Thu May 19 20:43:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yes, you've been most helpful"
[Thu May 19 20:43:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "thank you very much indeed" Ayhlanne adjusts her hat and walks out
[Thu May 19 20:44:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, it seems not everyone is suspicious of elves"
[Thu May 19 20:44:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed, if this reflects the town's mood, i am pretty safe I would say"
[Thu May 19 20:45:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Just be careful, better safe than sorry, as they say"
[Thu May 19 20:45:39 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Judging by the gate guards reaction, I wouldn't like to bet your life on it"
[Thu May 19 20:45:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So, the Silver Flute it is then."
[Thu May 19 20:46:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am not betting anything, but it's good to know that this has not become some kind of paranoia"
[Thu May 19 20:46:50 2005] : (1) DM: Heading for the inn?
[Thu May 19 20:46:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Or we have just been lucky with the people we met so far"
[Thu May 19 20:46:58 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Yep
[Thu May 19 20:47:11 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Yes, but lets be careful"
[Thu May 19 20:47:37 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Keep your hat on and be careful what you say until the whole thing blows over"
[Thu May 19 20:47:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yep inn it is"
[Thu May 19 20:48:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "O, shouldn't we report about the wolves first?"
[Thu May 19 20:48:48 2005] : (1) DM: As you exit the shop you see someone examining your horses. they look up and dart off quickly into the crowd.
[Thu May 19 20:49:08 2005] : (2) Nerin: "We should secure somewhere to sleep first"
[Thu May 19 20:49:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Hmm"
[Thu May 19 20:49:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hey!"
[Thu May 19 20:49:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Who was that?"
[Thu May 19 20:49:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What did they want?"
[Thu May 19 20:49:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "And umm, stable our horses"
[Thu May 19 20:49:34 2005] : (2) Nerin: "It has been nearly 3 days since the attack, another 2 hours wont make much difference"
[Thu May 19 20:49:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes to the horses quickly
[Thu May 19 20:50:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "You might be right. Getting our stuff in a safe place might be a good idea as well"
[Thu May 19 20:50:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne examines her horse to see if anything is missing
[Thu May 19 20:50:57 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc are horses smart?
[Thu May 19 20:51:07 2005] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Thu May 19 20:51:33 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella examines her ride and her luggage
[Thu May 19 20:51:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney does the same
[Thu May 19 20:51:45 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Int 2
[Thu May 19 20:52:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc *sigh*
[Thu May 19 20:52:08 2005] : (1) DM: Nothing's missing.
[Thu May 19 20:52:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Just intelligent enough to know how to breath then
[Thu May 19 20:52:55 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Strange"
[Thu May 19 20:53:32 2005] : (2) Nerin: "whats strange?"
[Thu May 19 20:53:48 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella goes over
[Thu May 19 20:53:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Elves attacking a settlement?"
[Thu May 19 20:54:04 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No people looking at our horses"
[Thu May 19 20:54:06 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Well, apart from that"
[Thu May 19 20:55:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "They must have noticed they're well travelled, and there is a bit of paranoia going around"
[Thu May 19 20:55:09 2005] : (1) DM: You make your way through the crowds to the Silver Flute.
[Thu May 19 20:55:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Looks nice"
[Thu May 19 20:55:49 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc /me waits for the dm to describe it first :P
[Thu May 19 20:56:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu May 19 20:56:34 2005] : (1) DM: ooc It's a hell hole. Peeling paint grimy windows and tired eyed prostitutes. Many with prominant boils.
[Thu May 19 20:57:02 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Nice!
[Thu May 19 20:57:09 2005] : (1) DM: It's a reasonable inn. A mid range sort of place that a travelling merchant would stay in.
[Thu May 19 20:57:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc told ya ;)
[Thu May 19 20:57:40 2005] : (1) DM: The sigh outside a newly painted. Inside is clean and the tables aren't too batterned.
[Thu May 19 20:57:41 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc still got the prostitutes though?
[Thu May 19 20:57:51 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Pfffft
[Thu May 19 20:58:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc is there a stable?
[Thu May 19 20:59:21 2005] : (1) DM: Sat in a corner is a woman dressed in practical yet smart clothes. She's tuning a violin.
[Thu May 19 20:59:36 2005] : (1) DM: There are stables out back.
[Thu May 19 20:59:43 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella goes to find the stables
[Thu May 19 20:59:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu May 19 21:00:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney takes Horsey into the stables and stables him. then ne goes into the inn
[Thu May 19 21:01:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney wanders over to the violinist and introduces himself
[Thu May 19 21:01:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hi, Are you about to play?"
[Thu May 19 21:01:46 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin tags along and does the stable thing
[Thu May 19 21:02:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne comes back to the inn after having stabled her horses
[Thu May 19 21:02:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella gets her luggage and goes to the inn
[Thu May 19 21:02:12 2005] : (1) DM: "Hello there. This evening. Just getting some practice in."
[Thu May 19 21:02:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne comes back to the inn after having stabled her horse
[Thu May 19 21:03:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: "perhaps I could pass on some songs to you"
[Thu May 19 21:03:29 2005] : (1) DM: "Ah. A bard perchance?
[Thu May 19 21:03:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: "i have learned a few in my travels. Then I could learn some local ones from you"
[Thu May 19 21:03:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I am indeed"
[Thu May 19 21:03:58 2005] : (4) Huerney: "huerney White-Eye at your service"
[Thu May 19 21:04:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney does an elaborate bow
[Thu May 19 21:04:14 2005] : (1) DM: "Most certainly. The names' Emmeldine. Most call me Em."
[Thu May 19 21:04:37 2005] : (1) DM: "From where about do you hail?"
[Thu May 19 21:04:57 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella goes to arrange rooms
[Thu May 19 21:05:17 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin goes for a beer and lets Holly sort out rooms for everyone
[Thu May 19 21:05:41 2005] : (4) Huerney: "We have travelled from Port Hoon, but we hail from all over the place"
[Thu May 19 21:06:07 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Huerney, heres that drink I owed you"
[Thu May 19 21:06:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes for a bottle of wine
[Thu May 19 21:06:30 2005] : (1) Em: "Port Hoon, eh? Not been that way myself in many a year. Any tall tales to share?"
[Thu May 19 21:07:02 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Well..."
[Thu May 19 21:07:30 2005] : (1) Em: (She chuckles pleasantly) "Save it for the punters."
[Thu May 19 21:07:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney explains about the planar rift, the tanar'ri, and the wizard troubles
[Thu May 19 21:08:05 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella returns to her friends with a beer in her hand
[Thu May 19 21:08:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Would you care to perform a duet this evening?"
[Thu May 19 21:09:12 2005] : (1) Em: "Now that was a very tall tale. You tell a story very impressively. I would be honoured to join you. Which instrument do you play?"
[Thu May 19 21:10:13 2005] : (2) Nerin: To Holly and Ahylanne - "I wonder what Huerney is up to with thon lass"
[Thu May 19 21:10:14 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I play the lute"
[Thu May 19 21:10:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I have a rather nice one here"
[Thu May 19 21:10:43 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney shows the masterwork lute
[Thu May 19 21:10:46 2005] : (1) Em: "The lute and the violin. Hmmm. An... unusual combination I think."
[Thu May 19 21:10:57 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Worth a try perhaps"
[Thu May 19 21:11:12 2005] : (4) Huerney: "let's give it a go now, for good measure"
[Thu May 19 21:11:16 2005] : (1) Em: "Certainly."
[Thu May 19 21:11:20 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I 'd rather tnot know" winks
[Thu May 19 21:11:46 2005] : (4) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+20] -> [11,20] = (31)
[Thu May 19 21:11:49 2005] : (1) Em: You pick a song you're both familiar with and begin.
[Thu May 19 21:11:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc +2 for Mwork lute
[Thu May 19 21:12:38 2005] : (1) Em: Em takes up the background? Rhthym? While Huerney handles the melody.
[Thu May 19 21:12:41 2005] : (1) Em: ooc or something.
[Thu May 19 21:12:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: ""Fol de rol"
[Thu May 19 21:13:27 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney does some nifty fretwork (if lutes have frets that is!)
[Thu May 19 21:13:39 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So what do you think?"
[Thu May 19 21:13:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I liked the sound to be honest"
[Thu May 19 21:14:03 2005] : (1) Em: "I'm not sure it really works."
[Thu May 19 21:14:36 2005] : (1) Em: "Perhaps a different song."
[Thu May 19 21:14:47 2005] : (1) Em: You continue for while longer.
[Thu May 19 21:14:47 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "How about a dancetune?"
[Thu May 19 21:15:25 2005] : (1) Em: Afterwards, "Huerney, You're not thinking of travelling further west are you?"
[Thu May 19 21:15:37 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Umm, we're not sure"
[Thu May 19 21:15:49 2005] : (4) Huerney: "why, what exactly happened out there?"
[Thu May 19 21:16:38 2005] : (1) Em: "I've just come from the west. It's bad out there. Villages blasted to the ground. I won't go back there anytime soon."
[Thu May 19 21:16:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Blasted by what?"
[Thu May 19 21:17:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Fire, ice, lightening?"
[Thu May 19 21:17:11 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What did that old man say about trees again?"
[Thu May 19 21:17:33 2005] : (1) Em: "The Western Watch is saying elves with fire. But it's so strange."
[Thu May 19 21:17:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And sin't is said the elves came from the woods"
[Thu May 19 21:17:55 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks at Ayhlanne and Nerin
[Thu May 19 21:18:16 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin mouths 'elves with fire??'
[Thu May 19 21:18:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella shrugs
[Thu May 19 21:18:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Elves with fire sounds very odd"
[Thu May 19 21:18:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Strange"
[Thu May 19 21:19:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Something about ice, death and trees"
[Thu May 19 21:19:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Is what the old man said"
[Thu May 19 21:19:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And he arhardly believed it even as he said it"
[Thu May 19 21:19:45 2005] : (1) Em: "I'm afraid I know little of what happened. I saw a village burning from a distance but I prefer to tell tales not live."
[Thu May 19 21:19:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, with ice in our past and trees in our future"
[Thu May 19 21:20:02 2005] : (1) Em: ooc "...not live them." I meant.
[Thu May 19 21:20:19 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella smiles: "Living them gives you tales to tell"
[Thu May 19 21:20:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Indeed"
[Thu May 19 21:20:52 2005] : (4) Huerney: "But you saw nothing of what had happened?"
[Thu May 19 21:20:52 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Something tells me were going to have to find out more about this"
[Thu May 19 21:21:08 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "How do you figure that?"
[Thu May 19 21:21:13 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella grins
[Thu May 19 21:21:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I think we are being drawn into this. It seems only right that we investigate"
[Thu May 19 21:21:58 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "It does, I would not mind being able to walk around unnoticed"
[Thu May 19 21:22:05 2005] : (1) Em: "Well, I'll leave that to you. Since you seem capable enough. Myself, I think I'll travel east. Or perhaps take a ship south."
[Thu May 19 21:22:23 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I wonder if we can find out more from the watch "when we tell them about the Winter Wolves
[Thu May 19 21:22:53 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I hope so Nerin"
[Thu May 19 21:22:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Isn't there anything more you can tell us, Em, as a bard you must have heard stories"
[Thu May 19 21:23:35 2005] : (4) Huerney: "but right now, I'll settle for a hearty meal and some ale. then a good night's sleep... maybe with a performance in this evening"
[Thu May 19 21:24:48 2005] : (1) DM: It's late afternoon by now.
[Thu May 19 21:25:10 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We still have an errand to run, Huerney"
[Thu May 19 21:25:12 2005] : (2) Nerin: "We have time to talk to the guard"
[Thu May 19 21:25:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Do you think that we should report to the office place this afternoon though?"
[Thu May 19 21:25:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed, that would be good. We also have those pelts to sell"
[Thu May 19 21:25:40 2005] : ** (5) Ayhlanne found the F3 macro key **
[Thu May 19 21:25:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "If anyone will have them"
[Thu May 19 21:26:03 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc this keyboard is too small ;)
[Thu May 19 21:26:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "I'd rather do it sooner than later, I might not find the energy if I rest first"
[Thu May 19 21:26:45 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, let's do it"
[Thu May 19 21:27:27 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And after that a good meal, a nice bath ..."
[Thu May 19 21:28:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "yes"
[Thu May 19 21:28:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Should I take the pelts then?"
[Thu May 19 21:28:20 2005] : (1) DM: Heading for a furrier and then the castle?
[Thu May 19 21:28:22 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Yes, we can sell them too"
[Thu May 19 21:28:23 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "You might as well"
[Thu May 19 21:28:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc yeah
[Thu May 19 21:28:31 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ok"
[Thu May 19 21:28:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes the pelts and asks the inn keeper about a furrier
[Thu May 19 21:29:53 2005] : (1) DM: There's one over the bridge near the harbour quarter. "Pylin's Exports and Imports."
[Thu May 19 21:30:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne heads to the furrier
[Thu May 19 21:31:21 2005] : (1) DM: ooc anyone know how much they're worth?
[Thu May 19 21:31:24 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella tags along
[Thu May 19 21:31:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc no idea...
[Thu May 19 21:31:53 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I only remember they were worth a lot in BG
[Thu May 19 21:32:01 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc nope
[Thu May 19 21:32:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc 500 in BG if I remember well, or at least the first one :D
[Thu May 19 21:34:43 2005] : (1) Pylin: "Winter Wolf furs? Don't get many round these parts."
[Thu May 19 21:34:50 2005] : (1) Pylin: He looks them over.
[Thu May 19 21:35:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Indeed. And to tell you the truth, we would have done without meeting the animals they pertained to"
[Thu May 19 21:35:21 2005] : (1) Pylin: "Tsk. Damaged." He pokes a hand through a larg sword hole.
[Thu May 19 21:35:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: 3risked our lives on these"
[Thu May 19 21:35:38 2005] : (1) Pylin: "I'll give you 5 gp each."
[Thu May 19 21:35:47 2005] : (4) Huerney: "That would be easily sewn without it being visible"
[Thu May 19 21:35:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Excuse me?"
[Thu May 19 21:35:52 2005] : (1) Pylin: ooc feel free to haggle.
[Thu May 19 21:36:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to gather the pelts
[Thu May 19 21:36:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So no damage at all once sewn"
[Thu May 19 21:36:34 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I am not even going to argue with you, 5 GP for those, when you just said tyourself that you rarely saw any?"
[Thu May 19 21:36:44 2005] : (4) Huerney: "You're mad. Come on, there must be someone here who isn't going to insult us"
[Thu May 19 21:36:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "let's go"
[Thu May 19 21:37:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes a look at different things in the shop to have an idea of prices
[Thu May 19 21:37:04 2005] : (1) Pylin: ooc which is the most appropriate skill roll?
[Thu May 19 21:37:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, let us go"
[Thu May 19 21:37:14 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu May 19 21:37:16 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc bluff?
[Thu May 19 21:37:26 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu May 19 21:37:30 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc bluff, yeah
[Thu May 19 21:37:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu May 19 21:37:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney haggles
[Thu May 19 21:37:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
[Thu May 19 21:37:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc this said, I am not bluffing at all
[Thu May 19 21:38:13 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts to walk out with the pelts
[Thu May 19 21:38:51 2005] : (1) Pylin: "Ah. 10 gp each? No higher and you won't get a better deal elsewhere."
[Thu May 19 21:39:15 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne is out of the shop
[Thu May 19 21:39:36 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hah, At that price I could buy them all off the pary and have the richest winter blanket in history!"
[Thu May 19 21:39:37 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Huerney, are you coming?"
[Thu May 19 21:39:39 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "10 gp for pelts of rare animals that are extremely hard to kill? You're joking, right?"
[Thu May 19 21:40:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella follows Ayhlanne
[Thu May 19 21:40:24 2005] : (4) Huerney: "As I said, we'll see if there's a merchant with sense around here"
[Thu May 19 21:40:33 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney follows Ayhlanne
[Thu May 19 21:41:01 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "If not, we could always dump them in the river"
[Thu May 19 21:41:07 2005] : (1) Pylin: ooc you won't get anywhere near 500 gp a piece. That price in BG was silly.
[Thu May 19 21:41:46 2005] : (1) DM: Asking around you find a clothier who also deals in furs.
[Thu May 19 21:42:08 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'll make myself a nice winter coat"
[Thu May 19 21:42:29 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I don't expect that much, but that's rediculously low
[Thu May 19 21:42:48 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how much for a normal wolf fur? 5 sp ?
[Thu May 19 21:43:03 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Hmm, where's Oswald when you need him to make good stuff out of furs?
[Thu May 19 21:43:18 2005] : (1) DM: ooc I couldn't find that either. Price of furs isn't in the book.
[Thu May 19 21:43:26 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Who was Oswald?
[Thu May 19 21:43:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc In another game ;)
[Thu May 19 21:45:07 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc he's in IWD2
[Thu May 19 21:45:10 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Hello, there come in, come in. How may I help you today."
[Thu May 19 21:45:28 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc Ah. Never got past chapter 2 or something in that.
[Thu May 19 21:45:31 2005] : (4) Huerney: "We have some furs to sell. Rather fine, and exotic ones"
[Thu May 19 21:45:35 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc that's the clothier?
[Thu May 19 21:45:39 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc yes.
[Thu May 19 21:45:47 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne shows the furs
[Thu May 19 21:45:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Winter Wolf to be exact"
[Thu May 19 21:46:13 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc I liked IWD2, I'm doing it again ATM
[Thu May 19 21:46:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "And fine specimens they are too. A little ripped but nothing a little needle and thread couldn't fix."
[Thu May 19 21:46:53 2005] : (1) Wosren: "You want to sell or would you like to comission a piece. A fine cloak perhaps?"
[Thu May 19 21:47:07 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I haven't finished it yet, just left the monastery of the Black Raven
[Thu May 19 21:47:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "ANy chance of having boots?"
[Thu May 19 21:48:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: "yes, five pairs of winter boots perhaps?"
[Thu May 19 21:48:46 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Thats a good idea"
[Thu May 19 21:48:55 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Or as many as is possible"
[Thu May 19 21:49:11 2005] : (1) Wosren: "4 plets should be sufficient for that. But perhaps I might interest you in something else."
[Thu May 19 21:49:19 2005] : (4) Huerney: "One for a gnow, one dwarf, two humans and a half-elf"
[Thu May 19 21:49:22 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "4 pelts should be enough for 5 pairs of boots, I'd think"
[Thu May 19 21:49:25 2005] : (1) Wosren: "You know that winter wolves are magical boots, yes?"
[Thu May 19 21:49:38 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Magical?"
[Thu May 19 21:49:54 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc magical animals obviously.
[Thu May 19 21:50:04 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Hmm, i just assumed that their thick fur helped prtect"
[Thu May 19 21:50:23 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So how much would the commission be for 5 pairs?"
[Thu May 19 21:50:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Yes. Their fur makes an excellent base for certian magical enchantments."
[Thu May 19 21:50:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc O, I know, but Hollyella doesn't ;)
[Thu May 19 21:51:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "However, the making of the magical boots requires that only the finest portions of the fur is selected. Thus you'll get fewer boots."
[Thu May 19 21:52:30 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I see, so how many do you think that you can make?"
[Thu May 19 21:52:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "They'd allow you to move tracklessly across the snows, and keep a grip on the slipperiest ice and protecting you from the cold."
[Thu May 19 21:52:49 2005] : (1) Wosren: "A bargin at 1750 gp each."
[Thu May 19 21:53:21 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Hmmmm"
[Thu May 19 21:53:22 2005] : (2) Nerin: Gulp
[Thu May 19 21:53:24 2005] : (1) Wosren: "There's enough fur for 2 magical boots."
[Thu May 19 21:53:42 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Surely there will be some left overs then, and a lot of it"
[Thu May 19 21:53:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "1750 gp? It that including or excluding the material?"
[Thu May 19 21:54:06 2005] : (1) Wosren: "I must caution that sometimes the magic fails to adhere. And should that happened the cost will be refunded in full."
[Thu May 19 21:54:29 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc that would be 2 pairs of course.
[Thu May 19 21:54:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Which we only will know when our toes have frozen off"
[Thu May 19 21:54:52 2005] : (1) Wosren: "1750 gp for the work and the enchantment."
[Thu May 19 21:55:22 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Any hedge wizard could tell if they're magical. Should you wish to check before heading into the snows."
[Thu May 19 21:55:25 2005] : (4) Huerney: "unfortunately, that is beyond my means"
[Thu May 19 21:55:59 2005] : (4) Huerney: "However I have no problems with my compatriots commissioning some"
[Thu May 19 21:56:06 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Could you do anything with the remaining parts of the pelt?"
[Thu May 19 21:56:46 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Gloves, fur linings to hoods and the like. They've just be regular but warm, though."
[Thu May 19 21:57:18 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Would you consider lowering the price if we gave you the remainder of the pelts?"
[Thu May 19 21:58:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Fur linings are added value to your clothes"
[Thu May 19 21:58:14 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Certainly. 1650 gp and the remainer of two pelts.
[Thu May 19 21:58:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Per pair."
[Thu May 19 21:58:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Make this 1400 each pair"
[Thu May 19 21:58:59 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I suppose you could make quite a few gloves and hat linings with the rest"
[Thu May 19 21:59:02 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: added value"
[Thu May 19 21:59:15 2005] : (1) Wosren: "1500 gp. I need to pay the enchanter and can go no lower."
[Thu May 19 21:59:26 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Done"
[Thu May 19 21:59:42 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Do you require two pairs or just one?"
[Thu May 19 22:00:00 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I'll take a pair, if no-one else wants"
[Thu May 19 22:00:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Would you like a pai, Nerin?"
[Thu May 19 22:00:00 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tuens to the others
[Thu May 19 22:00:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: I want a pair too"
[Thu May 19 22:00:22 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: So that'll be two pairs I suppose
[Thu May 19 22:00:35 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella looks a bit disappointed, then shrugs
[Thu May 19 22:00:50 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I'm sure you'll look very fetching in them Ayhlanne"
[Thu May 19 22:01:04 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "They sound very useful as well"
[Thu May 19 22:01:10 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Holly, if you want them, go ahead"
[Thu May 19 22:01:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Not so sure about you Nerin, how do th eboots work with your plate mail?"
[Thu May 19 22:01:19 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Well, it's not so much about looking as about going around and wstaying warm"
[Thu May 19 22:01:25 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "The woods can be tricky in winter"
[Thu May 19 22:01:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ""If you're sure, Nerin, I din't mind if I do
[Thu May 19 22:01:52 2005] : (2) Nerin: "As I said, I'd take them if no-one else wanted them
[Thu May 19 22:02:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "That's a deal then"
[Thu May 19 22:02:17 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, two pairs it is"
[Thu May 19 22:02:24 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "One for me"
[Thu May 19 22:02:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "One for hollyella"
[Thu May 19 22:02:32 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "When will they be ready?"
[Thu May 19 22:02:32 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Of course, these pelts are party treasure, so i'd appreciate it if something was fed back to the three of us who are giving up our share in the pelts"
[Thu May 19 22:02:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Sure"
[Thu May 19 22:03:12 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Of course. 10gp a pelt, wasn't it?"
[Thu May 19 22:03:18 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella winks
[Thu May 19 22:03:28 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ayhlanne laughs
[Thu May 19 22:03:28 2005] : (4) Huerney: "Don't make me haggle with you too"
[Thu May 19 22:03:38 2005] : (1) Wosren: "10 gold pieces a pelt? Did you perhaps, Visit that miser Pylin?"
[Thu May 19 22:03:40 2005] : (4) Huerney: "you give what you feel they are worth"
[Thu May 19 22:03:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella laughs
[Thu May 19 22:03:50 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We did indeed"
[Thu May 19 22:03:56 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "We had that unpleasure"
[Thu May 19 22:04:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "He brings a bad name to honest merchants with his dodgy deals. Ug. Can't stand the man."
[Thu May 19 22:04:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "What would you think was a reasonable price?"
[Thu May 19 22:05:33 2005] : (1) Wosren: "For these? 150 gp each. 200 if the where in pristine condition. Which, as I understand is rather hard to obtain."
[Thu May 19 22:06:08 2005] : (4) Huerney: So, would you be willing to give 100gp to myself, nerin and thingy
[Thu May 19 22:06:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, if you could tell us how to part winterwolves from their pelts without killing them ..."
[Thu May 19 22:06:17 2005] : (4) Huerney: "So, would you be willing to give 100gp to myself, nerin and thingy?"
[Thu May 19 22:06:17 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Its hard to convince the wolves to part with them"
[Thu May 19 22:06:19 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc Marnak.
[Thu May 19 22:06:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: So let's say 180 GP since they were well tended to
[Thu May 19 22:06:54 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I would go as far as 140 GP to be honest"
[Thu May 19 22:06:56 2005] : (4) Huerney: "I heard tell of spellss such as Finger of Death that would do such a thing Ayhlanne"
[Thu May 19 22:07:18 2005] : (4) Huerney: "just be grateful that we've not met anyone with that spell, who was out to get us"
[Thu May 19 22:07:38 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc DM chuckles evilly in the background.
[Thu May 19 22:07:59 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc nice one Craig! :P
[Thu May 19 22:08:09 2005] : (4) Huerney: "As I said, whatever you want to pay"
[Thu May 19 22:08:32 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: 210 each Hollyella can you do that?
[Thu May 19 22:09:06 2005] : (3) Hollyella: 4 times 150 = 600, divided by 5 is 120, so 360 gp for the three of you, which menas Ayhlanne and I have to pay 180 each
[Thu May 19 22:09:36 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "But 210 will do nicely as well"
[Thu May 19 22:09:46 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ok"
[Thu May 19 22:10:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "So 140gp for each of you"
[Thu May 19 22:10:42 2005] : (4) Huerney: Huerney takes the money with thanks
[Thu May 19 22:10:45 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "When will they be ready?"
[Thu May 19 22:10:52 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Wosren, will half do for now, and we give you the other half when we come to fetch the boots?"
[Thu May 19 22:11:15 2005] : (2) Nerin: Nerin tucks the money away
[Thu May 19 22:11:42 2005] : (1) Wosren: "Certainly, that will be 1500 gp now for both pairs. And 1500 gp when they're both ready. Which will be in about a week."
[Thu May 19 22:12:16 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Thank you
[Thu May 19 22:12:36 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gives out 750 GP
[Thu May 19 22:12:42 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "A week? It'll be hard to wait that long"
[Thu May 19 22:12:50 2005] : (3) Hollyella: Hollyella pays as well
[Thu May 19 22:13:07 2005] : (2) Nerin: "Its not exactly cold in these parts"
[Thu May 19 22:13:41 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: "No indeed, I was more looking ahead to winter"
[Thu May 19 22:13:46 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "But knowing us, we might be anywhere in a week's time"
[Thu May 19 22:14:06 2005] : (1) Wosren: ooc more evil chuckles.
[Thu May 19 22:14:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, I am going to go now
[Thu May 19 22:14:14 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I think that in fact we'll be right here in a weeks time"
[Thu May 19 22:14:17 2005] : (3) Hollyella: "And you know me: it's hard for me to wait for anything"
[Thu May 19 22:14:23 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc bier will get hot otherwise, and that's bad
[Thu May 19 22:14:41 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Very bad! Say hi to Arne from me :)
[Thu May 19 22:14:44 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc warm beer ouch
[Thu May 19 22:15:05 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc don't do anything I wouldn't do
[Thu May 19 22:15:12 2005] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'll keep this on for the log
[Thu May 19 22:15:14 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Like what? ;)
[Thu May 19 22:15:21 2005] : (4) Huerney: "OK, shall we go and do the citizenly thing, and report the attack?"
[Thu May 19 22:15:30 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Goodnight and sweet dreams, Delphine
[Thu May 19 22:15:31 2005] : (2) Nerin: "I suppose we should"
[Thu May 19 22:15:34 2005] : (4) Huerney: ooc Night Del
[Thu May 19 22:15:36 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc gn Del
[Thu May 19 22:15:37 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Might as well end here. Was only going to go on for another 15-20 mins anyway. Okay?
[Thu May 19 22:15:47 2005] : (2) Nerin: ooc fine with me - knackered
[Thu May 19 22:16:00 2005] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Ah well, if we must ;)
[Thu May 19 22:16:07 2005] : (1) DM: GAME END