Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 05 August 2004

[Thu Aug 5 19:35:15 2004] : (4) DM: GAME START
[Thu Aug 5 19:35:40 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella walks in, carefully **
[Thu Aug 5 19:35:42 2004] : ** (2) Nerin appears beside H & H, with no real idea how he got there **
[Thu Aug 5 19:36:11 2004] : ** (1) Huerney walks up to where he can see Holly **
[Thu Aug 5 19:36:14 2004] : (4) DM: Holly, there's nothing exciting in that building. The back door is swinging open and whoever it was has scarpered.
[Thu Aug 5 19:36:27 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella proceeds to the back door and looks out of it **
[Thu Aug 5 19:36:59 2004] : (4) DM: Back street. Ordinary people going about their business. Noone in dark green robes though.
[Thu Aug 5 19:37:34 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella shouts: "Did you see anyone come out of this door?" **
[Thu Aug 5 19:37:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc hmm, I never saw the guy in dark green but it sounds entirely like it's not just black robes who want us dead
[Thu Aug 5 19:38:06 2004] : (4) DM: Some people near by shrug and shake their heads.
[Thu Aug 5 19:38:33 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella runs into the street and looks frantically around her for any sign of the mysterious figure **
[Thu Aug 5 19:38:43 2004] : ** (2) Nerin tugs on Huerneys arm **
[Thu Aug 5 19:38:58 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Ummm, whats going on?"
[Thu Aug 5 19:39:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Dunno, I think she saw the guy who animated those stalls"
[Thu Aug 5 19:39:33 2004] : ** (1) Huerney poits to broken furniture in the sqare **
[Thu Aug 5 19:39:39 2004] : (4) DM: No sign.
[Thu Aug 5 19:39:46 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Ah right"
[Thu Aug 5 19:39:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows again **
[Thu Aug 5 19:40:02 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shrugs **
[Thu Aug 5 19:40:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "let's keep up with her"
[Thu Aug 5 19:40:14 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella slowly returns to the building to check the upper floors **
[Thu Aug 5 19:40:19 2004] : (2) Nerin: "OK"
[Thu Aug 5 19:40:26 2004] : ** (2) Nerin follows **
[Thu Aug 5 19:41:21 2004] : (4) DM: It's a house with normal housey things in it. Most of the furniture cover in dust sheets etc.
[Thu Aug 5 19:42:15 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella tours the house anyway, before going downstairs again **
[Thu Aug 5 19:42:36 2004] : (4) DM: The door too the balcony is (of course) open and unlocked but apart from that nothing unusual.
[Thu Aug 5 19:43:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: ""I think this is my uncle's house"
[Thu Aug 5 19:43:15 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella curses under her breath **
[Thu Aug 5 19:43:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Only kidding, I made that up, but I'm bored"
[Thu Aug 5 19:43:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "COME ON HOLLY"
[Thu Aug 5 19:44:10 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "He got away!"
[Thu Aug 5 19:44:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I have no idea what you're on about"
[Thu Aug 5 19:44:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I didn't even see you for ages"
[Thu Aug 5 19:44:56 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "He was here, on the balcony"
[Thu Aug 5 19:45:01 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella points upwards **
[Thu Aug 5 19:45:23 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Some figure in dark green robes, enchanting those stalls"
[Thu Aug 5 19:45:45 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "I was too late to catch him"
[Thu Aug 5 19:45:58 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Well he's gone now"
[Thu Aug 5 19:46:09 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella walks out of the building, into the market **
[Thu Aug 5 19:46:22 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows **
[Thu Aug 5 19:46:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "All I saw was the stalls"
[Thu Aug 5 19:46:45 2004] : ** (2) Nerin follows, **
[Thu Aug 5 19:47:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ah well, I fancied a bit of a muscle flex, and they weren't really any danger to us, none of us even got a scratch"
[Thu Aug 5 19:47:20 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Well, I figured there would be someone enchanting them, so I looked for him, and I saw him"
[Thu Aug 5 19:47:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Perhaps he could see we were bored"
[Thu Aug 5 19:47:56 2004] : ** (2) Nerin chuckles **
[Thu Aug 5 19:47:56 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella grins **
[Thu Aug 5 19:48:10 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "That guy is all heart then"
[Thu Aug 5 19:48:56 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Did you get a look at his face?"
[Thu Aug 5 19:49:19 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "No, he was too far away. I just saw his robe"
[Thu Aug 5 19:49:23 2004] : (4) DM: Back in the market square the citizens are returning and the market stall holders are cleaning up the mess. The wizard strike team broadens their search and leave.
[Thu Aug 5 19:49:28 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Anything distinctive?"
[Thu Aug 5 19:49:43 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc Wizard Strike Team???
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:08 2004] : (4) DM: ooc some blue robed wizards teleported in after the fight.
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:11 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Damn it, you'd think that what's on a market stall constitutes treasure if you kill it!"
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:35 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "So why didn't you take it then?"
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:43 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella chuckles **
[Thu Aug 5 19:50:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Although I recall that what was in this market was just tat anyway"
[Thu Aug 5 19:51:09 2004] : (2) Nerin: "But tatty treasure is still treasure"
[Thu Aug 5 19:52:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I think the previous stall owners might be a bit upset if I claimed their wares as treasure though"
[Thu Aug 5 19:53:27 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Who cares? Just kill them"
[Thu Aug 5 19:53:34 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella winks at Huerney **
[Thu Aug 5 19:53:55 2004] : ** (1) Huerney laughs out loud **
[Thu Aug 5 19:54:12 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "None of this helps us to determine who we can trust though"
[Thu Aug 5 19:54:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Maybe we should just hang out at the inn to await the decision"
[Thu Aug 5 19:54:27 2004] : (2) Nerin: "I suppose taking their tat after wrecking their stall is a bit much"
[Thu Aug 5 19:54:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Hey, their stalls attacked us first"
[Thu Aug 5 19:55:06 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "We didn't attack first thoug, it was self defense"
[Thu Aug 5 19:55:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Or, in fact I think that they attacked them first, and we helped"
[Thu Aug 5 19:55:29 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Hmmmm"
[Thu Aug 5 19:56:03 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Defending others is still self defense in my book"
[Thu Aug 5 19:56:03 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Anyway, what are we doing next?"
[Thu Aug 5 19:56:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We could always prize up a sewer hatch and have a look in there, there's always monsters in the sewer!"
[Thu Aug 5 19:56:28 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Some shopping? Some stalls are still in one piece"
[Thu Aug 5 19:56:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney thinks **
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Do you know what, I haven't had any sweets in ages"
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:13 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Well, I've just got here and you two seem almost local, so I'll leave it up to you"
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I fancy some fudge or something"
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:40 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Let's ask around for any wizard that wears dark green"
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:47 2004] : (4) DM: Lucky for you the fudge stall is still standing.
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:52 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc yey
[Thu Aug 5 19:57:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, that's a good idea"
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Wait a second"
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:15 2004] : ** (1) Huerney purchases fudge **
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc how much for a pond?
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:26 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella keeps an eye on Huerney **
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:28 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc pound
[Thu Aug 5 19:58:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney gives the guy 1gp **
[Thu Aug 5 19:59:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Keep the change"
[Thu Aug 5 19:59:42 2004] : (4) DM: The shopkeeper looks sceptical and tests the coin.
[Thu Aug 5 19:59:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, the guy in green"
[Thu Aug 5 20:00:09 2004] : ** (1) Huerney floods the economy with real coin and destabilises the market **
[Thu Aug 5 20:00:43 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 20:00:48 2004] : (4) DM: Fairly confident that the coin is real and not illusionary he pockets it and smiles.
[Thu Aug 5 20:00:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, I suppose one of the schools here wears green, probably quite a few of them in town"
[Thu Aug 5 20:01:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35)
[Thu Aug 5 20:01:25 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "That sounds reasonable to assume"
[Thu Aug 5 20:01:47 2004] : (4) DM: With regards to the wizard in green there's not much to be gathered. Plenty of wizards and apprentices where green.
[Thu Aug 5 20:02:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: "As I guessed"
[Thu Aug 5 20:02:18 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella shrugs **
[Thu Aug 5 20:02:28 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "It was a long shot, I admit"
[Thu Aug 5 20:02:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We could ask at the academy what magic school wears green"
[Thu Aug 5 20:03:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "See who may have access to an spell that animates tables"
[Thu Aug 5 20:03:26 2004] : (4) DM: Everyone knows that green is for conjuration.
[Thu Aug 5 20:03:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: "See if anyone is spooked by our presence"
[Thu Aug 5 20:03:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc umm, do we? OK
[Thu Aug 5 20:04:39 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "To spook people we only have to sleep in an inn"
[Thu Aug 5 20:04:42 2004] : (4) DM: Everyone in the town. Some people volunteer tales of drunk conjuration students conjuring hordes of animals causing much mayhem.
[Thu Aug 5 20:05:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Lets go to the academy, I like that they think we're bounty hunter scum"
[Thu Aug 5 20:05:10 2004] : ** (1) Huerney heads off **
[Thu Aug 5 20:05:42 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Bounty Hunters?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:05:47 2004] : ** (2) Nerin follows **
[Thu Aug 5 20:05:56 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella follows **
[Thu Aug 5 20:06:07 2004] : (4) DM: The guards at the gate mention that the leaders are in council and won't be available until tomorrow morning at the latest.
[Thu Aug 5 20:06:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, we work on the side of good, but it's nice to get a reward"
[Thu Aug 5 20:06:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It's OK, we just wanted to talk to the deputy head of the conjuration school"
[Thu Aug 5 20:06:48 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Oh of course"
[Thu Aug 5 20:07:29 2004] : (4) DM: Guard waves you in.
[Thu Aug 5 20:07:51 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella goes in **
[Thu Aug 5 20:07:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks for an obvious way of telling the conjuration tower **
[Thu Aug 5 20:08:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Any of these got animals pouring out of the windows?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:08:32 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 20:08:43 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella looks for dark green robes **
[Thu Aug 5 20:08:58 2004] : ** (2) Nerin just looks about **
[Thu Aug 5 20:09:49 2004] : (4) DM: As you look around you see the same squad of wizards you encountered in the square. Marching along heading for the council tower.
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:21 2004] : (4) DM: Amongst them is a green robed person bound with magic and being half dragged. along.
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "hmm, maybe we should follow"
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:35 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella runs over **
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:48 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows Holly **
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:50 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Interesting..."
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:54 2004] : ** (2) Nerin keeps up **
[Thu Aug 5 20:10:55 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Have you found him?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:11:34 2004] : (4) Team Leader.: "We have no comment at this time."
[Thu Aug 5 20:12:02 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Is it him? Where did you find him? And who are you anyway?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:12:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: "How do you know it's the right guy? "
[Thu Aug 5 20:12:55 2004] : (4) Team Leader.: "No comment. Await the word of the council."
[Thu Aug 5 20:13:35 2004] : (4) Team Leader.: The group marches in the tower which is guarded by more wizards in blue.
[Thu Aug 5 20:13:48 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "We were the ones to defend people from those stalls and you won't even tell us if that's the guy responsible for the attack?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: ""Anybody would think that being nosy gives you no priveleidges around here"
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:13 2004] : (2) Nerin: "I wouldn't push it. They look like they could turn nasty"
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:32 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "So what? So could we"
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:41 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "who are those guys anyway?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:41 2004] : (4) DM: "This is wizard's business." Just before entering.
[Thu Aug 5 20:14:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, she's just kidding"
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:05 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Wizrads' business, indeed"
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Dunno, but turning nasty on wizards inside the academy is a bad idea
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:29 2004] : (4) Wizard guard.: "Move along."
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:44 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards... ;)
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Probably all sorts of glyphs and things in here to kill our asses about 10 times"
[Thu Aug 5 20:15:57 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "I wasn't doing anything, Huerney, just asking a simple question"
[Thu Aug 5 20:16:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: "And that's before one of them even casts a spell at us"
[Thu Aug 5 20:16:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Actually, you were do9ing what we always do, being nosey and expecting an answer"
[Thu Aug 5 20:16:57 2004] : (4) Wizard guard.: ooc What is that group of wizards in BG2 called? Cowled Wizards?
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It just never woorked on these people"
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:10 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "And since when is that the wrong thing to do?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:13 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella smiles **
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc yup
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:24 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Yep
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:44 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc hated those guys
[Thu Aug 5 20:17:51 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Me too
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It's not, but getting angry when someone is brusque isn't much use"
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:06 2004] : (2) Nerin: "So, do we still need to go in here?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:06 2004] : (4) DM: Carrying on to the green/conjuration tower?
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc yeah
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Let's go with the original plan"
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:36 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc which was?
[Thu Aug 5 20:18:41 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Yoy call that brusque? I call it rude"
[Thu Aug 5 20:19:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney heads to the conjuration tower **
[Thu Aug 5 20:19:19 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "And I wasn't getting angry, yet"
[Thu Aug 5 20:19:24 2004] : ** (2) Nerin follows **
[Thu Aug 5 20:19:24 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella follows **
[Thu Aug 5 20:19:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It's how people often answer when you butt your nose into what they consider none of your business"
[Thu Aug 5 20:20:21 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "They might try to listen for a change, since this defenitely was our business as well"
[Thu Aug 5 20:20:33 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shrugs **
[Thu Aug 5 20:21:16 2004] : (4) DM: A few minutes later you're outside the conjuration tower where a small crowd has gathered. An old green robed wizard reads from a piece of paper.
[Thu Aug 5 20:22:34 2004] : (4) Wizard: "...earlier today a wizard of the conjuration school violated Academy rules and has been arrested. The wizard is now awaiting judgement from the council."
[Thu Aug 5 20:23:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Who's to say that he wasn't just playing a prank, or getting revenge on a stallholder he didn't like, we just rushed in and helped"
[Thu Aug 5 20:24:00 2004] : (4) Wizard: "Furthermore, rumours that the Academy is preparing to aid the Guilds and Earls against the Duke are just that -- rumours. Business at the Academy will continue as usual. I have nothing further to say."
[Thu Aug 5 20:24:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm not sure it was personal"
[Thu Aug 5 20:24:47 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Still too cowardly to do anything, I hear"
[Thu Aug 5 20:25:25 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "All that power, and for what?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:25:50 2004] : (4) Wizard: The crowd disperses.
[Thu Aug 5 20:25:56 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Having power over others is no reason to exert it"
[Thu Aug 5 20:26:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Dunno, there are fools in all walks of life, I offer you the Duke as an example"
[Thu Aug 5 20:26:49 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "But having power and *not* turning it to good use is evil"
[Thu Aug 5 20:26:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Although aristocracy does seem to have an overlarge proportion of fools"
[Thu Aug 5 20:27:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "No, it's just a waste Holly"
[Thu Aug 5 20:27:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I've had enough of this, i want to rest my feet and have a some food"
[Thu Aug 5 20:28:37 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "I see it as evil, not just a waste. If oyu can help you should"
[Thu Aug 5 20:28:52 2004] : (2) Nerin: "But who do you help?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:29:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Exactly"
[Thu Aug 5 20:29:37 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "The ones that can't help themselves, obviously"
[Thu Aug 5 20:30:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "There are petty thiveries going on in any town at night, I don't see you in a mask stopping them"
[Thu Aug 5 20:30:42 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Maybe you don't look closely enough"
[Thu Aug 5 20:30:45 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella grins **
[Thu Aug 5 20:31:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: *mutter *"you mix with the perpetrators, and call them friends"
[Thu Aug 5 20:31:34 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Did someone mention food?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:31:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Mmmmm, fooood"
[Thu Aug 5 20:31:59 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "And you can't speak two words to me without criticising me"
[Thu Aug 5 20:31:59 2004] : (4) Wizard: Heading back to an inn for food?
[Thu Aug 5 20:32:19 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella walks with Nerin, ignorng Huerney **
[Thu Aug 5 20:32:56 2004] : (2) Nerin: "So, anywhere nice to eat around here?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:33:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I have no problem with you,but you know how I feel about... them"
[Thu Aug 5 20:33:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "how about our inn?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:33:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "not that it's 'ours' of course"
[Thu Aug 5 20:33:49 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Pity. You'd got my hopes up there"
[Thu Aug 5 20:34:19 2004] : ** (1) Huerney heads to the inn **
[Thu Aug 5 20:34:23 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "I *do have problems with you, Huerney"
[Thu Aug 5 20:34:30 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shrugs **
[Thu Aug 5 20:35:16 2004] : ** (4) Wizard fast forwards to next morning... *zzzzzwwwiiiiip* **
[Thu Aug 5 20:35:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: *YAWN*
[Thu Aug 5 20:36:21 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Good nights sleep there. I was starting to feel like I hadn't slept in weeks"
[Thu Aug 5 20:36:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 20:36:34 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella goes to get some breakfast **
[Thu Aug 5 20:36:52 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella reads as she eats **
[Thu Aug 5 20:36:54 2004] : ** (2) Nerin gets dressed and heads for grub too **
[Thu Aug 5 20:37:21 2004] : ** (1) Huerney spends some time singing upstairs before surfacing for breakfast **
[Thu Aug 5 20:38:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Hopefully we'll get an answer today then"
[Thu Aug 5 20:38:51 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc oooh
[Thu Aug 5 20:38:54 2004] : (4) DM: As the eat breakfast. The innkeeper hands you a sealed letter. "Wizard brought this for you earlier."
[Thu Aug 5 20:39:22 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella ignores the letter and reads on **
[Thu Aug 5 20:39:55 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Who's going to open it then?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:40:07 2004] : (1) Huerney: "You can, I'm still eating"
[Thu Aug 5 20:40:10 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc is there a specific name on it?
[Thu Aug 5 20:40:33 2004] : (4) DM: It has all your names on it.
[Thu Aug 5 20:40:43 2004] : ** (2) Nerin reaches for the letter **
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:17 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Hmmm, how do we know exactly who this came from?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:25 2004] : (2) Nerin: "It could be trapped or something"
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: "No idea"
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: Hold on a sec
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Hold on a sec"
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:49 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Trapped? "
[Thu Aug 5 20:41:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft." )
[Thu Aug 5 20:42:00 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella hands out her hand for the envelope **
[Thu Aug 5 20:42:04 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at the letter **
[Thu Aug 5 20:42:13 2004] : (4) DM: The letter isn't magical.
[Thu Aug 5 20:42:22 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Well, magical stuff"
[Thu Aug 5 20:42:41 2004] : ** (2) Nerin opens it **
[Thu Aug 5 20:43:01 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella shrugs and continues her reading **
[Thu Aug 5 20:43:06 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Dont know how you'd put a trap in a letter without magic"
[Thu Aug 5 20:43:22 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Mind you, I've no idea how to do it WITH magic either"
[Thu Aug 5 20:43:34 2004] : (4) DM: In short: The council summons you this morning 10 o'clock sharp.
[Thu Aug 5 20:43:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Summoned, eh?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:44:24 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Wonder what they want with us"
[Thu Aug 5 20:44:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I feel like turning up half an hour late, but I think I can manage to overlook the demand"
[Thu Aug 5 20:44:45 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Testimony?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:45:09 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Could be, I suppose."
[Thu Aug 5 20:45:15 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "We'll find out soon enough"
[Thu Aug 5 20:45:19 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Only one way to find out"
[Thu Aug 5 20:45:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I suppose if it was to imprison us they would have sent guards to collect us"
[Thu Aug 5 20:45:54 2004] : ** (1) Huerney packs up and gets ready to leave **
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:00 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Suppose so"
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:06 2004] : ** (2) Nerin does likewise **
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm ready, I'll wait here until you two are"
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:16 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella as well **
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:47 2004] : ** (2) Nerin nips off to his room and returns a minute later **
[Thu Aug 5 20:46:49 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Ready"
[Thu Aug 5 20:47:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Let's go then"
[Thu Aug 5 20:47:45 2004] : (4) DM: Turning up on time?
[Thu Aug 5 20:47:46 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Yep"
[Thu Aug 5 20:47:52 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Yes
[Thu Aug 5 20:49:07 2004] : (4) DM: At 10 o'clock you are admitted to the council. Where the 6 (remaining) heads of school and Uluron are in session.
[Thu Aug 5 20:49:44 2004] : (4) Uluron: "Welcome, adventures. No doubt you are wondering why we have summoned you to this council."
[Thu Aug 5 20:49:46 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella looks around for a good seat **
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Somewhat"
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:06 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "I figured you'd tell us"
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:09 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella smiles **
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:22 2004] : ** (2) Nerin makes sure he sits between Holly and Huerney to stop them bickering **
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:28 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:35 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 20:50:52 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella sees what Nerin is doing and winks at him **
[Thu Aug 5 20:51:09 2004] : (4) Uluron: "You are, of course, aware of the work down in, ah, eliminating, Selle and preventing her from carrying out her nefarious plans."
[Thu Aug 5 20:51:33 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Yes, we are"
[Thu Aug 5 20:51:35 2004] : (2) Nerin: "'Aware'? Interesting way of putting it"
[Thu Aug 5 20:52:13 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Very"
[Thu Aug 5 20:52:26 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Go on"
[Thu Aug 5 20:52:26 2004] : (4) Uluron: "What you are not aware of is the extent at which the corruptions and plotting on Nerak and his allies where directed at toppling this Academy from it's rightful place as a premier seat of magical learning."
[Thu Aug 5 20:52:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Of course, my eyes were open at that time"
[Thu Aug 5 20:53:01 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Do tell us more"
[Thu Aug 5 20:53:32 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella whispers: "Is that all they're worried about?" **
[Thu Aug 5 20:53:34 2004] : (4) Uluron: "And for your aid and assistance we, the coucil, would like to thank and reward you appropriately." (polite applause from the other council members.)
[Thu Aug 5 20:53:47 2004] : ** (2) Nerin looks sceptical **
[Thu Aug 5 20:54:08 2004] : (4) Uluron: He blurbles on some more...
[Thu Aug 5 20:54:37 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella stands **
[Thu Aug 5 20:54:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks confused **
[Thu Aug 5 20:54:49 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "What about the actions of the duke?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:55:05 2004] : (4) DM: To conclude the information you provided to Bredril and the attack the the green wizard forced the council to take action. Searches of various wizards chambers lead to the uincovering of the plot.
[Thu Aug 5 20:55:17 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "And what about the walking undead?'
[Thu Aug 5 20:55:32 2004] : (2) Nerin: "That was obviously a minor point"
[Thu Aug 5 20:55:48 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "A minor point indeed"
[Thu Aug 5 20:55:53 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I have to agree, what about the Duke?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:56:00 2004] : (4) DM: The location of Nerak was discovered and a strike team sent to apprehend him. Unfortunatly he died in the attack.
[Thu Aug 5 20:56:13 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Good!"
[Thu Aug 5 20:56:26 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks even more bewildered **
[Thu Aug 5 20:56:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc /me looks for the brush that they've used to get this under the carpet
[Thu Aug 5 20:57:00 2004] : (4) DM: And tacked on at the end as though it was important. Is a comment that without Nerak's support the Duke would soon fall to the Guild and rebelling nobles.
[Thu Aug 5 20:57:19 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella focuses on her breathing, trying to control her temper **
[Thu Aug 5 20:57:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [20,-2] = (18)
[Thu Aug 5 20:57:50 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "You think it is all over now?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:57:56 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella sounds incredulous **
[Thu Aug 5 20:58:15 2004] : (4) DM: "It seems to be concluded satifactorily."
[Thu Aug 5 20:58:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "This all seems to have happened rather quickly"
[Thu Aug 5 20:58:26 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Says who?"
[Thu Aug 5 20:58:42 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Says them"
[Thu Aug 5 20:58:57 2004] : (4) Uluron: Uluron frowns slightly
[Thu Aug 5 20:59:04 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella sits down again, looking downhearted **
[Thu Aug 5 20:59:13 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Holly **
[Thu Aug 5 20:59:25 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Tell me again, why did we fight their battle?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:00:07 2004] : (1) Huerney: "One minute you don't believe a word that we're saying, then next you've uncovered a plot, killed the ringleader and rounded up the perpetrators?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:00:17 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Knowledge of a job well done?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:00:23 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "And all i swell again?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:01:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc did my sense motive check give me any ideas?
[Thu Aug 5 21:01:41 2004] : (4) Uluron: "Well, yes. The Academy is capable of acting when necessary."
[Thu Aug 5 21:02:08 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc You sense that the DM is wrapping up a plot?
[Thu Aug 5 21:02:16 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:02:25 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: "But only when in your words "Nerak and his allies where directed at toppling this Academy from it's rightful place as a premier seat of magical learning." is it important"
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL, Ah!
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:42 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Call it 'Enlightened Self Interest'"
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:49 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:55 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Nerin **
[Thu Aug 5 21:03:58 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella laughs out loud **
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Aaargh!"
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:14 2004] : (4) Uluron: "The study of magic is is uppermost importance." (Looks a bit haughty)
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: "And suddenly you're mr enlightenment too!"
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:39 2004] : ** (2) Nerin chuckles **
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:41 2004] : (4) Uluron: "Now for your rewards. I have personally selected a number of items which you will find useful."
[Thu Aug 5 21:04:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Personally, I like the fact that singing alone provides my magic"
[Thu Aug 5 21:05:36 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc any ideas for items?
[Thu Aug 5 21:06:03 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Can I let you know next week?
[Thu Aug 5 21:06:19 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc Armour of Ass-Whipping?
[Thu Aug 5 21:06:27 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:06:28 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc pick a price level
[Thu Aug 5 21:06:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc potion of healing??
[Thu Aug 5 21:07:02 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc oooh, Harsh
[Thu Aug 5 21:07:10 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc around 10,000 gp.
[Thu Aug 5 21:07:11 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:07:21 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Very nice :D
[Thu Aug 5 21:08:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc boots of speed, but they're so munchkin!
[Thu Aug 5 21:09:08 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Who cares? ;)
[Thu Aug 5 21:09:22 2004] : (4) Uluron: Hollyella is handed a cloak of shifting colors.
[Thu Aug 5 21:09:45 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella examines the cloak carefully **
[Thu Aug 5 21:09:56 2004] : (4) Uluron: It's a cloak of blending. +15 to hide. etc. like a robe of blending page 222 DMG.
[Thu Aug 5 21:11:14 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella puts the cloak on, just for the fun of it **
[Thu Aug 5 21:11:37 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc need to find my DMG
[Thu Aug 5 21:14:17 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Can't find it anywhere on page 222
[Thu Aug 5 21:14:20 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc I'm running out of places to put magical items
[Thu Aug 5 21:14:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc p225
[Thu Aug 5 21:14:37 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Found it :)
[Thu Aug 5 21:16:37 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc I'll let you know by next week
[Thu Aug 5 21:16:51 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc DMG has a CRC error ;)
[Thu Aug 5 21:17:09 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Huh?
[Thu Aug 5 21:17:40 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc pdf on CD :(
[Thu Aug 5 21:17:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:18:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I have the 3.5e version on pdf if you want it
[Thu Aug 5 21:18:58 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc aye, s'pose so
[Thu Aug 5 21:18:58 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I've got the 3.5 version on paper :)
[Thu Aug 5 21:19:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: :P
[Thu Aug 5 21:19:58 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella likes to feel the books she's reading, even if they do make her hands hurt **
[Thu Aug 5 21:20:04 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc :(
[Thu Aug 5 21:20:19 2004] : (4) Uluron: Huerney gets handed two sets of items. 4 Horseshoes of a Zephyr (page 220) and a Heward's handy haversack. (page 219).
[Thu Aug 5 21:20:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: "ooh, thanks very much"
[Thu Aug 5 21:21:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I considered the horseshoes last time I was buying
[Thu Aug 5 21:21:25 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc I was considering one of those haversacks a while back
[Thu Aug 5 21:21:25 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Very nice, that, Huerney"
[Thu Aug 5 21:21:40 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc I remember
[Thu Aug 5 21:23:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I know I'm being picky (and greedy), but honest... but that's only 5000 :(
[Thu Aug 5 21:24:50 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc cheapskate
[Thu Aug 5 21:25:01 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Aug 5 21:25:45 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc would Guantlet's of Ogre Power make you happy?
[Thu Aug 5 21:26:00 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc already got them, lol
[Thu Aug 5 21:26:49 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc got 2 rings, a cloak, the gaunlets, and eyes of the eagle
[Thu Aug 5 21:27:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL, I've got a belt that has ogre power already
[Thu Aug 5 21:28:02 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc *sigh* so fussy.
[Thu Aug 5 21:28:34 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc Not got any fancy boots
[Thu Aug 5 21:29:21 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc Dont want boots of speed, cos as Craig says, they're a bit cheesy
[Thu Aug 5 21:29:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc they can have a smith upgrade my armour to +3 for 5000
[Thu Aug 5 21:30:18 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc hmm upgrades, now thats an idea
[Thu Aug 5 21:30:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc not really in the spirit of giving a gift though
[Thu Aug 5 21:30:45 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc spoilsport :P
[Thu Aug 5 21:32:26 2004] : (4) Uluron: Hurney, you also get a rope of climbing.
[Thu Aug 5 21:32:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc thanks DM
[Thu Aug 5 21:33:05 2004] : ** (1) Huerney wonders if that one is cursed **
[Thu Aug 5 21:33:13 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella slips from her chair and vanishes into the shadows **
[Thu Aug 5 21:33:16 2004] : (3) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [4,22] = (26)
[Thu Aug 5 21:33:41 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella returns, grinning widely **
[Thu Aug 5 21:33:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm what are you doing? We can still see you"
[Thu Aug 5 21:34:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I think that just refers to the change self bit actually
[Thu Aug 5 21:34:33 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc that's what I thought.
[Thu Aug 5 21:35:04 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Huh?
[Thu Aug 5 21:35:42 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc Change self can add 10 to disguise, the cloak itself adds 15 to hide
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc but when you change self we can see you normally apparently
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:20 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc hows that work?
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc magic ;)
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:33 2004] : (4) Uluron: One of the wizards hands Nerin a short iron bar... pressing one end with a small smirk.
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:45 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc if we can see her normally, then what use is it?
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc bzzzzt
[Thu Aug 5 21:36:51 2004] : (4) Uluron: Nerin, you tug on the bar but it doesn't move at all.
[Thu Aug 5 21:37:04 2004] : ** (2) Nerin hauls as hard as he can **
[Thu Aug 5 21:37:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc cattleprod the dwarf time is it?
[Thu Aug 5 21:37:12 2004] : (2) Nerin: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Thu Aug 5 21:37:35 2004] : (4) Uluron: Doesn't budge. The wizards chuckle a bit and then show you now to operate it.
[Thu Aug 5 21:37:50 2004] : (4) Uluron: It's an Immovable rod (page 197)
[Thu Aug 5 21:38:05 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Very interesting..."
[Thu Aug 5 21:38:07 2004] : ** (1) Huerney watches Nerin tugging at his rod **
[Thu Aug 5 21:38:12 2004] : (2) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Aug 5 21:38:22 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc The PHB only talks about will saves when interacting with a person upon whom a change self has been cast
[Thu Aug 5 21:38:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc it's in the item description
[Thu Aug 5 21:39:12 2004] : (3) Hollyella: ooc ic :)
[Thu Aug 5 21:39:52 2004] : (4) Uluron: After the rewards are handed out you are politely but firmly shown the door. With a suggestion that perhaps you might find further adventures in the lands to the west.
[Thu Aug 5 21:41:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, thanks for the stuff, can't exactly say it's beena pleasure"
[Thu Aug 5 21:41:49 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "See you again, sometime, or not"
[Thu Aug 5 21:42:21 2004] : ** (2) Nerin waves to the closing door **
[Thu Aug 5 21:42:23 2004] : ** (3) Hollyella walks away with a definite spring in her step **
[Thu Aug 5 21:42:40 2004] : (2) Nerin: "So where to now?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:42:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: West?
[Thu Aug 5 21:43:06 2004] : (3) Hollyella: 'Why not?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:43:07 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Whats out there?"
[Thu Aug 5 21:43:14 2004] : (4) Uluron: ooc not sure.
[Thu Aug 5 21:43:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, wilderness"
[Thu Aug 5 21:43:51 2004] : (3) Hollyella: "Let's find out!"
[Thu Aug 5 21:44:28 2004] : (2) Nerin: "Aye, why not"
[Thu Aug 5 21:44:44 2004] : (4) DM: And....
[Thu Aug 5 21:44:47 2004] : (4) DM: GAME END.