Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 08 July 2004

[Thu Jul 8 19:46:15 2004] : (3) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jul 8 19:46:26 2004] : (2) Marnak: ((Or I picked up you lot...))
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:07 2004] : (3) DM: I think you're all lounging in an Inn.
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:24 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is flirting with the prettiest barmaid **
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc what time is it?
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:48 2004] : (3) Pretty Barmaid: "Go bother someone else."
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:49 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins as she looks at Marnak **
[Thu Jul 8 19:47:57 2004] : (4) Hollyella: He's quite some character
[Thu Jul 8 19:48:15 2004] : ** (2) Marnak tries the second-prettiest barmaid **
[Thu Jul 8 19:48:45 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "So what do we do next? Wait for the wizards to finally reach a decision?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:49:00 2004] : (2) Marnak: "We could... go freelance
[Thu Jul 8 19:49:06 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And where did that dwarf go to?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:49:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We already are freelance"
[Thu Jul 8 19:49:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Do we look like town employees?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:49:59 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, no, you don't, but I meant take on a job or two in the meantime"
[Thu Jul 8 19:50:10 2004] : ** (2) Marnak sends the barmaid to get another ale **
[Thu Jul 8 19:50:29 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We've got a job already, but we're not sure how to handle it"
[Thu Jul 8 19:50:38 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella orders a beer **
[Thu Jul 8 19:50:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, I don't think it will take them more than a day to deliberate"
[Thu Jul 8 19:51:05 2004] : ** (1) Huerney gets some cider **
[Thu Jul 8 19:51:16 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, how about putting on an exhibition? Something to... entertain the populace."
[Thu Jul 8 19:51:33 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Time enough to get some shopping in then, and a nice hot bath sounds good"
[Thu Jul 8 19:51:37 2004] : (2) Marnak: "I'm at my best with an audience."
[Thu Jul 8 19:51:58 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grimaces as she tries to find a comfortable position in her chair **
[Thu Jul 8 19:52:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Sounds good to me Marnak"
[Thu Jul 8 19:52:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney strums a little, then does an arpeggio **
[Thu Jul 8 19:52:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+20] -> [2,20] = (22)
[Thu Jul 8 19:53:03 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, you can sing epic ballads, I'll do some flashy swordwork, juggling..."
[Thu Jul 8 19:53:19 2004] : (2) Marnak: (to Hollyella) "Can you do magic tricks as well as useful stuff?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:53:34 2004] : (2) Marnak: "A staged duel?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:54:14 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I can entertain a bit yes, nothing major, just some simple illusions"
[Thu Jul 8 19:54:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "But that isn'r really my line of work"
[Thu Jul 8 19:54:33 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Sounds fine, how about illusory beasts which I vanquish heroically?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:54:44 2004] : (2) Marnak: "What is, then?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:55:51 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "A bit of this, a bit of that, actually. I can scribe, cut jewels, get to see things people want to hide from me"
[Thu Jul 8 19:56:01 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Oh, and what do the authorities think of impromptu entertainment in this burg? If we're going to have to scarper, best to prepare escape routes first."
[Thu Jul 8 19:56:13 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, is any of it flashy?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:56:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I'm hardly the flashy type, am I?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:56:47 2004] : (2) Marnak: "No, but people do have their surprises."
[Thu Jul 8 19:57:06 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella is a gnome woman, very simply dressed, nothing remarkable about her appearance at all **
[Thu Jul 8 19:57:06 2004] : (2) Marnak: *sigh* "looks like just two main acts, then, if you're not keen."
[Thu Jul 8 19:57:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Did I say I didn't want to join in? I just said it isn't really my style, but if it's what the two of you want to do, it might prove fun"
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:13 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Are you any good with lifting purses? And do you have any objection to doing so?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, let's go make some people happy"
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:29 2004] : (2) Marnak: "If we're distracting people, it could be a good opportunity."
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes and yes"
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:53 2004] : ** (1) Huerney does a double take at marnak **
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:57 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Bother, we'll give that a miss then."
[Thu Jul 8 19:58:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I need a very good reason to lift purses"
[Thu Jul 8 19:59:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: "That's a bit unsporting isn't it?"
[Thu Jul 8 19:59:07 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella isn't smiling anymore **
[Thu Jul 8 19:59:24 2004] : ** (2) Marnak suddenly looks serious **
[Thu Jul 8 19:59:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'll plunder the tombs of the dead, but to steal from those watching my performance?!
[Thu Jul 8 20:00:01 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Unsporting? That's when they kill a blind man and run his son out of town, just because the son was born on Witchnight."
[Thu Jul 8 20:00:12 2004] : ** (2) Marnak spits **
[Thu Jul 8 20:00:32 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is back to normal, ebullient and cheerful **
[Thu Jul 8 20:00:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: "No, that's just plain bad behaviour"
[Thu Jul 8 20:00:49 2004] : (2) Marnak: "No offence, folks. Let's see what there's to be earnt."
[Thu Jul 8 20:01:16 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Not just bad hehaviour either, that's cruel and stupid"
[Thu Jul 8 20:01:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)" )
[Thu Jul 8 20:01:49 2004] : ** (2) Marnak finishes his drink, and tosses the barmaid a copper **
[Thu Jul 8 20:02:04 2004] : ** (1) Huerney pays for his drink politely **
[Thu Jul 8 20:02:22 2004] : (2) Marnak: ((I'd paid for it already!))
[Thu Jul 8 20:02:36 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 8 20:03:05 2004] : (2) Marnak: "So, you know this town better than I do. Where's the main junction?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:03:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ok, let's see if there's a public square for performance"
[Thu Jul 8 20:03:31 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Why not?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:03:43 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella pays for her drink before going out **
[Thu Jul 8 20:03:54 2004] : ** (2) Marnak ducks into the loos before following **
[Thu Jul 8 20:04:19 2004] : ** (2) Marnak emerges looking resplendent in silks with a purple cape **
[Thu Jul 8 20:04:25 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That Marnak is more complicated than he seemed when we first met"
[Thu Jul 8 20:04:30 2004] : (3) DM: There's the market square that's normally very busy but at the moment it's probably at 60% usage.
[Thu Jul 8 20:04:42 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "But then: aren't we all?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:05:01 2004] : (2) Marnak: "I'm hoping you are; if so, you're quite interesting people!"
[Thu Jul 8 20:05:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "You might just find out some day"
[Thu Jul 8 20:05:31 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins **
[Thu Jul 8 20:05:51 2004] : ** (2) Marnak pulls out his daggers and starts juggling **
[Thu Jul 8 20:06:09 2004] : ** (1) Huerney plays music to accompany the juggling **
[Thu Jul 8 20:06:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: "See the brave performer"
[Thu Jul 8 20:06:44 2004] : (3) DM: A few people stop their browing and look.
[Thu Jul 8 20:06:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Fearless of the blades"
[Thu Jul 8 20:06:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+20] -> [2,20] = (22)
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc another 2!!
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:32 2004] : ** (2) Marnak throws all 5 daggers up, and lets them land around him **
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:33 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella mumbles a few words and suddenly Marnak's daggers start glowing as they keep changing colours **
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:39 2004] : (2) Marnak: ((Dex check?))
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:43 2004] : (3) DM: How about a juggle skill roll Marnak?
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:54 2004] : (3) DM: Perform: Juggle.
[Thu Jul 8 20:07:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc juggle is a perform skill
[Thu Jul 8 20:08:04 2004] : (2) Marnak: ((no juggle skill, as it's bards only IIRC))
[Thu Jul 8 20:08:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc nope
[Thu Jul 8 20:08:31 2004] : (2) Marnak: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Jul 8 20:08:35 2004] : (2) Marnak: ((OK))
[Thu Jul 8 20:08:53 2004] : ** (1) Huerney watches as he plays **
[Thu Jul 8 20:09:06 2004] : (3) DM: ooc with ooc not brackets, please.
[Thu Jul 8 20:09:20 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc ok, from now on :-)
[Thu Jul 8 20:09:35 2004] : (3) DM: Juggling is okay. Not amazing but enough to draw in a few more onlookers.
[Thu Jul 8 20:09:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Ghost Sound ( level 0, "Figment sounds." )
[Thu Jul 8 20:10:04 2004] : ** (1) Huerney incorporates some pipers into his music **
[Thu Jul 8 20:10:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc That was a spell wasted, I just finished typing as Marnak finished juggling ;)
[Thu Jul 8 20:10:34 2004] : ** (2) Marnak bows **
[Thu Jul 8 20:10:47 2004] : ** (1) Huerney casts on the end of his sword and draws it **
[Thu Jul 8 20:10:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Light ( level 0, "Object shines like a torch." )
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:05 2004] : ** (2) Marnak draws his sword and turns to face Huerney **
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:10 2004] : ** (1) Huerney tumbles and draws light shapes with his glowing sword **
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:15 2004] : (3) DM: From one of the building surrounging the square an important looking man, flanked by two liveried guards strides towards you.
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:32 2004] : ** (2) Marnak sheathes his sword, and turns to face the newcomer **
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:39 2004] : (3) DM: The onlookers drift back to shopping as they approach.
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oh"
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:52 2004] : ** (1) Huerney stops **
[Thu Jul 8 20:11:55 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "You there. Let me see your license."
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'd better put this away"
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Ohoh
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: "License, my good man..."
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:30 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Who's in charge here. You, Bard?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I have it right here..."
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:33 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Waht seems t be the trouble, officer?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:12:41 2004] : ** (1) Huerney pats his pockets **
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oh, must have fallen out while I was tumbling back there"
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:12 2004] : (2) Marnak: "I'll help you look for it."
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Holly, Marnak, help me look, it must be on the ground here"
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:23 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Yeah. Right. There's a 20 gold fine for performing without a license."
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:30 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes a few steps back and disappears between the shoppers **
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I have one, honestly"
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [15,22] = (37)
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:52 2004] : ** (2) Marnak starts "searching" **
[Thu Jul 8 20:13:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I had it right in this pocket"
[Thu Jul 8 20:14:05 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Alright. What's your name and I can check the records."
[Thu Jul 8 20:14:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Damn, now I'll have to apply for another if we can't find it"
[Thu Jul 8 20:14:24 2004] : (2) Marnak: "It was in my name."
[Thu Jul 8 20:14:33 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Terander."
[Thu Jul 8 20:14:59 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes a peek at the others **
[Thu Jul 8 20:15:01 2004] : (3) Guildsman: ooc unless you have a good reason to belive that name is in the list...
[Thu Jul 8 20:15:26 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc it's a name he's used in other towns, and is only mildly Wanted.
[Thu Jul 8 20:15:34 2004] : (3) Guildsman: The guildsman pulls out a scroll and unrolls and starts scanning
[Thu Jul 8 20:16:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Simon the juggler"
[Thu Jul 8 20:16:17 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "S... T...Tallin... Tenol... Turpin..."
[Thu Jul 8 20:16:27 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "I don't see a Terander in the list."
[Thu Jul 8 20:16:39 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Nor a simon (frowning now)."
[Thu Jul 8 20:16:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Surely it's there?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:09 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Perhaps you'd care to pay the fine now or spend some time reflecting on your misdemeanor in the cells?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:13 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Dear me, another clerical error? They haunt me!"
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:25 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Do the cells have mirrors?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Honestly, you try to entertain people in these terrible times, and all you meet with is beaurocracy"
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:45 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella sighs as she watches **
[Thu Jul 8 20:17:47 2004] : (3) Guildsman: (rather stiffly) "There is no error. I keep the list myself."
[Thu Jul 8 20:18:07 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Even the best of us are fallible, sir."
[Thu Jul 8 20:18:23 2004] : ** (2) Marnak pulls up his left sleeve to reveal a nasty-looking scar **
[Thu Jul 8 20:18:25 2004] : (3) Guildsman: (trots out a line as if by rote) "Unlicensed entertainment breeds disorder."
[Thu Jul 8 20:18:44 2004] : (2) Marnak: "How is licenced entertainment better?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:18:52 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella comes out again **
[Thu Jul 8 20:19:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "20 gold it was? How much does a licence cost?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:19:48 2004] : ** (2) Marnak retrieves his knives, and makes the last one disappear as he turns back to face the annoying man **
[Thu Jul 8 20:20:08 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Regulated entertainment improves local commerce and supports local artists and disccourages out of towner vagabonds."
[Thu Jul 8 20:20:22 2004] : ** (2) Marnak makes a knife appear **
[Thu Jul 8 20:20:39 2004] : (2) Marnak: "You mean it's a monopoly?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:20:49 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "Licenses cost 5 gp per week. Applications must be made in person at the guildhall."
[Thu Jul 8 20:21:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That
[Thu Jul 8 20:21:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: s a bit stiff"
[Thu Jul 8 20:21:44 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shrugs and hands the guildsman 20 gp **
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:04 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "If you think you cannot earn enough in a week perhaps you should consider a different job."
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:07 2004] : ** (2) Marnak looks surprised" **
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:18 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Oh, we can get our gold."
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:24 2004] : (3) Guildsman: "That will be all then. Don't let it happen again."
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:34 2004] : (3) Guildsman: pockets the gold and turns away.
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:50 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Can we perform now? We did pay enough for 4 weeks, after all"
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:52 2004] : ** (2) Marnak mutters **
[Thu Jul 8 20:22:55 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Thug!"
[Thu Jul 8 20:23:18 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shakes her head at Marnak as a warning to keep quiet **
[Thu Jul 8 20:23:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "So we can check for this payment in the town records can we"
[Thu Jul 8 20:23:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It will be registered in there, 20 GP for unlicensed performance"
[Thu Jul 8 20:23:49 2004] : (2) Marnak: "After all, we wouldn't want any... clerical errors, now would we?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:24:17 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Marnak, hush"
[Thu Jul 8 20:24:27 2004] : ** (2) Marnak grins at Hollyella **
[Thu Jul 8 20:24:49 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins back **
[Thu Jul 8 20:25:05 2004] : (3) Guildsman: ooc anyone else get the impression that Marnak idea of cleric errors involves daggers?
[Thu Jul 8 20:25:21 2004] : (4) Hollyella: At the guildsman: "Aren't you going to answer my question?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:25:30 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc nah, just stirring
[Thu Jul 8 20:25:30 2004] : (3) DM: he's gone
[Thu Jul 8 20:25:48 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows him **
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:01 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella accompanies Huerney **
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:03 2004] : ** (2) Marnak joins in **
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:10 2004] : (2) Marnak: "This seems more fun."
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc what good IS a diplomacy roll of 37??
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:36 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc He bothered to check, didn't he? ;)
[Thu Jul 8 20:26:40 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc persuades people?
[Thu Jul 8 20:27:01 2004] : (3) DM: ooc err...
[Thu Jul 8 20:27:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc err, yeah, that worked as you saw
[Thu Jul 8 20:27:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I just get a bit annoyed, as a disable trap roll of 37 is definitely very good
[Thu Jul 8 20:28:21 2004] : (3) DM: ooc you have to back up the diplomacy roll with somthing better then "I dropped it"
[Thu Jul 8 20:28:32 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc bah! :-P
[Thu Jul 8 20:28:52 2004] : ** (2) Marnak tries to track the Guildsman **
[Thu Jul 8 20:29:08 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is now wearing an ordinary brown travelling cloak **
[Thu Jul 8 20:29:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc he should certainly have been friendlier
[Thu Jul 8 20:30:10 2004] : (3) DM: ooc yeah, sorry
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc sorry, it's a big flaw in 3e/3.5e, some skills are cut and dried, others are so subjective and also can remove the roleplay element
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:23 2004] : (3) DM: The man enters the building with Guildhall written above it.
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:27 2004] : (3) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney keeps following **
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella makes herself inconspicuous as she enters the building **
[Thu Jul 8 20:31:49 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc shall we switch to chat for the OOC stuff?
[Thu Jul 8 20:32:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc better idea
[Thu Jul 8 20:32:45 2004] : (3) DM: ooc back
[Thu Jul 8 20:33:44 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc The ooc topic has been taken to the chat, David
[Thu Jul 8 20:33:49 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Wait a moment. Hollyella, can you make me look different?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:34:12 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Hide this beard, f'rinstance"
[Thu Jul 8 20:34:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "No, I can disguise you but not really change your appearance"
[Thu Jul 8 20:34:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Disguising well takes time"
[Thu Jul 8 20:34:57 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, give it a go. He won't be looking for a brown cloak and black hat."
[Thu Jul 8 20:35:13 2004] : ** (2) Marnak pulls a black cloth cap out of his pack and puts it on **
[Thu Jul 8 20:35:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney tries to see where he and the guards went **
[Thu Jul 8 20:35:37 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes Marnak to a quieter spot and gets her disguise kit out **
[Thu Jul 8 20:36:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Don't forget to change your posture as well"
[Thu Jul 8 20:36:29 2004] : ** (2) Marnak hunches his shoulders and looks about 6" shorter **
[Thu Jul 8 20:36:35 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella makes Marnak look darker, older and well ... different **
[Thu Jul 8 20:36:36 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc 15cm
[Thu Jul 8 20:36:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I know :P
[Thu Jul 8 20:37:04 2004] : (3) DM: ooc disguise roll?
[Thu Jul 8 20:37:12 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Disguise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Jul 8 20:37:46 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is helping (+2 bonus?) **
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:07 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Even with the +2 from the kit it isn't much. I really hate my dice
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:34 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Well, it's the best we've got, so should I go in?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:41 2004] : (2) Marnak: "And what do you want me to ask?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:43 2004] : (3) DM: ooc heh. /me reads the bit where it says "DM makes the disguise roll secretly"
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:53 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc heh
[Thu Jul 8 20:38:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Posture *and* clothing help a lot, so it should work"
[Thu Jul 8 20:39:04 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jul 8 20:39:17 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella slaps the DM **
[Thu Jul 8 20:39:39 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc but he can now roll it for you.
[Thu Jul 8 20:39:44 2004] : (3) DM: ooc +5 for minor disguise
[Thu Jul 8 20:40:14 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc and +2 for the kit
[Thu Jul 8 20:40:21 2004] : (3) DM: ooc Okay. Marnak looks a bit different.
[Thu Jul 8 20:40:45 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Now, what do we want to find out? Other than "as much as possible", of course."
[Thu Jul 8 20:41:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's just go in and see what we find"
[Thu Jul 8 20:41:30 2004] : (2) Marnak: "OK."
[Thu Jul 8 20:41:46 2004] : ** (2) Marnak ambles up to the guildhall, kinda sideways-like **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:07 2004] : ** (2) Marnak enters **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:27 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks for Huerney **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:27 2004] : (3) DM: The door says "Push"
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:29 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looked to see where the guy and the guards went **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:37 2004] : ** (2) Marnak pushes **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella slips in **
[Thu Jul 8 20:42:58 2004] : (3) DM: Inside the guildhall (which is where the men went) is a entranceway.
[Thu Jul 8 20:43:24 2004] : (3) DM: Seated at a desk wearing a cherry smile is woman who says
[Thu Jul 8 20:43:28 2004] : ** (2) Marnak wanders about, trying to appear aimless **
[Thu Jul 8 20:43:37 2004] : (3) DM: "Hi, (beam) How can I help you?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:05 2004] : ** (2) Marnak does his inconspicuous-but-very-obvious act **
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:22 2004] : (3) Receptionist: There are 4 doors leading out of the hall way. All say "Private" on them.
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:24 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks up for a high beam **
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Yeah, hi"
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:47 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc oi, bad pun alert!
[Thu Jul 8 20:44:54 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks around and pauses at every door **
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:00 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:10 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Excuse me? (still with the smile)"
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:13 2004] : ** (2) Marnak stumbles and crashes into another door "by accident" **
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: "My, you're looking radiant today"
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:51 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella goes to another door **
[Thu Jul 8 20:45:53 2004] : (1) Huerney: "They must be very happy to have such a lovely girl on their reception"
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:14 2004] : (3) Receptionist: (smile briefly transfors into a genuine one) "And how can I help you?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:36 2004] : (3) Receptionist: Hollyella, there's just noises of people working, scribing, walking etc.
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:37 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella ;pulls the banana from her ear and goes to the third door **
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:38 2004] : ** (2) Marnak nudges the doors in turn, seeing if any of them are locked **
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:45 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jul 8 20:46:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I've some small business here today, but I genuinely never expected such a lovely greeting"
[Thu Jul 8 20:47:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Did you ever enter a beauty fayre?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:47:26 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shrugs, looks at the door Marnak crashed through and turns her attention to Huerney and the clerk **
[Thu Jul 8 20:47:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "i'm sure I saw you at last year's fayre"
[Thu Jul 8 20:47:48 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc you charmer!
[Thu Jul 8 20:47:51 2004] : (3) Receptionist: (blush) "Now you're being silly."
[Thu Jul 8 20:48:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "my dear, i'm deadly serious"
[Thu Jul 8 20:48:38 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc sincerity check? :-P
[Thu Jul 8 20:48:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jul 8 20:49:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Say, the official who just came in, what was his name?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:49:09 2004] : ** (2) Marnak tries doorhandles **
[Thu Jul 8 20:49:17 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Then you're mistaken they don't have beauty fairs in this town."
[Thu Jul 8 20:49:24 2004] : (3) Receptionist: ooc all the doors are unlocked.
[Thu Jul 8 20:49:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Always the same thing with you, Huerney, whenever you see a pretty girl you forget all about me"
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:01 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Him? That's stuffy, old, Joric. Grumpy, so-and-so."
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:05 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella smiles at the receptionist **
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:18 2004] : ** (2) Marnak opens one and steps away from it **
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:33 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Excuse me. You can't go in there."
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I just saw him accosting some performers for unlicensed performing"
[Thu Jul 8 20:50:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: "He must bring a tidy profit into the city coffers"
[Thu Jul 8 20:51:05 2004] : ** (2) Marnak looks innocent **
[Thu Jul 8 20:51:14 2004] : (2) Marnak: (but slightly shifty)
[Thu Jul 8 20:51:35 2004] : ** (1) Huerney sees corruption everywhere **
[Thu Jul 8 20:51:39 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "That's his 'hobby' since he's to boring to have fun no-one else should have any either."
[Thu Jul 8 20:52:00 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Oh. I don't know about money. I'm just a receptionist"
[Thu Jul 8 20:52:55 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "Perhaps you'd like to look at the records and files. They're just down the hall?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:52:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Surely the town has a log of these things in this building? I just think 'grumpy' old Joric may be secretly taking that money"
[Thu Jul 8 20:53:03 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Just a receptionist? Surely this can't be an easy job"
[Thu Jul 8 20:53:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Which hall is that?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:53:42 2004] : (3) Receptionist: "That one there. then the 2nd door on the right."
[Thu Jul 8 20:54:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Thanks dear, are you from Oswald's Tree perhaps, maybe the fayre there?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:54:34 2004] : ** (1) Huerney wanders to the records **
[Thu Jul 8 20:55:04 2004] : (3) Receptionist: The decor in the building and the woodwork is rather fine.
[Thu Jul 8 20:55:23 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella smiles at the receptionist again and follows Huerney **
[Thu Jul 8 20:55:47 2004] : ** (2) Marnak sidles along, in a manner that cries out for someone to evict him **
[Thu Jul 8 20:56:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jul 8 20:56:41 2004] : (3) DM: The receptionist doesn't notice.
[Thu Jul 8 20:56:46 2004] : ** (1) Huerney thinks Marnak has made his way here from a bad 1920's film **
[Thu Jul 8 20:56:59 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc I have my moments :-)
[Thu Jul 8 20:57:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Huerney, that eternal suspicion of yours is in risk of getting tiresome, you know"
[Thu Jul 8 20:57:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, I know I'm corrupt, I just apply the same logic to everyone else"
[Thu Jul 8 20:57:35 2004] : (2) Marnak: "But he's got me to be a distraction!"
[Thu Jul 8 20:57:51 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella sees Boris Karlov as Dracula as she looks at Marnak **
[Thu Jul 8 20:57:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks for today's records **
[Thu Jul 8 20:58:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "You're corrupt and yet you accuse others of ... "
[Thu Jul 8 20:58:41 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella turns around and halts for a few moments **
[Thu Jul 8 20:58:45 2004] : (2) Marnak: "At least he admits it."
[Thu Jul 8 20:58:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Of course I am, we all are. Far too tempting"
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: "20gp a throw, who'll notice?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:29 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Who'll check?"
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:36 2004] : (2) Marnak: "It's a nice scam."
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:45 2004] : (2) Marnak: "I'm just glad we're the ones to bust it."
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Exactly, and we may get a reward"
[Thu Jul 8 20:59:59 2004] : ** (1) Huerney beams **
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Nothing yo do with the fact we had to pay, then?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:26 2004] : (2) Marnak: "It's tempting enough, I agree!"
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:27 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella sighs **
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: Corruption that affects me, that's the worst kind"
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:40 2004] : (3) DM: Someone approaches as you stand in the corridor.
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "How does it affect you when I paid ut?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:00:50 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Revenge and a reward? Oh, and I suppose we're doing a service."
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:04 2004] : ** (2) Marnak goes back to being the shifty not-quite-associated one **
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I thought I was searching
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:26 2004] : ** (2) Marnak pokes at opposite side of corridor, pretending to look for secret doors **
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:42 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: Someone approaches as you search the records.
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:51 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc :-P
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 8 21:01:59 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Excuse me. Looking for something in particular?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:02:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, yes, today's records"
[Thu Jul 8 21:02:21 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "As a matter of fact, we're looking at the public records"
[Thu Jul 8 21:02:43 2004] : ** (2) Marnak prods the wall harder **
[Thu Jul 8 21:02:56 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Todays? They won't be available until the day after tomorrow. The day isn't over yet and the scribes have to write it all out."
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc does Marnak have mental issues?
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:18 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc I'm being a diversion!
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:30 2004] : ** (2) Marnak starts trying to open the wall **
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oh, silly me." Is there a daily ledger? Monies paid in and out sort of thing"
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:34 2004] : (1) Huerney: ?
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:42 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And where are the data of today in the mean time?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:03:49 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: The woman keeps looking out of the corner of her eye at Marnak.
[Thu Jul 8 21:04:13 2004] : ** (2) Marnak ducks out the door into the corridor **
[Thu Jul 8 21:04:17 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Oh. Is there some fee you seek to dispute?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:04:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Just looking at the &public* records, that's public as in: freely accessible to all"
[Thu Jul 8 21:06:06 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Well, the daily ledger isn't a public record."
[Thu Jul 8 21:06:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, thanks"
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:08 2004] : ** (2) Marnak knocks over something in the corridor, making a loud noise **
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:13 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella rifles through some more records **
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:14 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Perhaps if you told you what you were looking for I could help?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:24 2004] : ** (2) Marnak moves out to the main hall **
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:30 2004] : ** (3) Guildswoman glances back towards the noise. **
[Thu Jul 8 21:07:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: ""Exactly how much is the fine for unlicensed performance?"
[Thu Jul 8 21:08:25 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Fines are listing in cabient H, file 506. Excuse me a moment...." (goes out looking for Marknak)
[Thu Jul 8 21:08:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oh, ignore him, he's like a puppy, stupid but harmless"
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:00 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is now the other side of a closed door **
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:08 2004] : ** (2) Marnak grins at the receptionist **
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:14 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Hello, darling"
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:28 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "Oh. Well, here's cabinet H."
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:39 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "And file 506."
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:49 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella whispers at Huerney: "I don't know about the harmless bit, though" **
[Thu Jul 8 21:09:57 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: She lifts out a huge file stuffed to the gills with parchement.
[Thu Jul 8 21:10:15 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: "There you go. Put it back when you're done."
[Thu Jul 8 21:10:21 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes the file from the guildswoman and opens it **
[Thu Jul 8 21:10:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Thank you so much"
[Thu Jul 8 21:10:53 2004] : (3) Guildswoman: File 506 nearly crushes Hollyella.
[Thu Jul 8 21:11:02 2004] : (3) DM: The woman leaves.
[Thu Jul 8 21:11:06 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella drops the file on a table **
[Thu Jul 8 21:11:20 2004] : ** (1) Huerney rifles through it for the right info **
[Thu Jul 8 21:11:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Jul 8 21:11:45 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc gather information?
[Thu Jul 8 21:12:21 2004] : (3) DM: ooc It's all organized in alphabetical order.
[Thu Jul 8 21:12:29 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella turns the pages one by one and looks at the text cerafully **
[Thu Jul 8 21:12:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: carefully
[Thu Jul 8 21:13:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney helps holly climb on the pages to read it **
[Thu Jul 8 21:13:53 2004] : (3) DM: It's a bunch of silly laws involving anything imaginable.
[Thu Jul 8 21:14:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Haha, very funny :P
[Thu Jul 8 21:14:53 2004] : (3) DM: Fines for incorrectly sized market stalls. Fines for not providing appropriate standards of beer. Fines for growing poppies in the town....
[Thu Jul 8 21:14:57 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks under Performance and or public performance **
[Thu Jul 8 21:15:23 2004] : (3) DM: After some searching you come across: "Fines for unlicensed public performances..."
[Thu Jul 8 21:15:30 2004] : (3) DM: "... in the morning..."
[Thu Jul 8 21:15:37 2004] : (3) DM: ",,, in the market square..."
[Thu Jul 8 21:15:42 2004] : (3) DM: "... with jugglers..."
[Thu Jul 8 21:15:49 2004] : (3) DM: "... 20 gold pieces."
[Thu Jul 8 21:16:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "They sure are thorough here"
[Thu Jul 8 21:17:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Yeah, but just because it's the right amount doesn't mean he paid it"
[Thu Jul 8 21:17:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: "i think we leave it for now and come back in a few days to check"
[Thu Jul 8 21:17:49 2004] : ** (1) Huerney makes a note of the day and time for later retrieval **
[Thu Jul 8 21:17:52 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Ive had enough of this. Just come back in two days time and check again if you like"
[Thu Jul 8 21:17:56 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks out **
[Thu Jul 8 21:18:27 2004] : ** (2) Marnak does his "guard of honour" act **
[Thu Jul 8 21:19:14 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella doesn't even look at Marnak, but walks straight on **
[Thu Jul 8 21:19:29 2004] : ** (1) Huerney leaves too **
[Thu Jul 8 21:20:43 2004] : ** (2) Marnak starts juggling **
[Thu Jul 8 21:22:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, we could go back to the tower and find out what's going on"
[Thu Jul 8 21:22:51 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks to the square and disappears in the crowd **
[Thu Jul 8 21:23:12 2004] : ** (2) Marnak follows **
[Thu Jul 8 21:23:24 2004] : ** (2) Marnak is now wearing red livery, no cloak **
[Thu Jul 8 21:23:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "umm, or not"
[Thu Jul 8 21:23:39 2004] : (3) DM: As you're walking through the market stall you here loud screams from behind you and the crashing of merchandise to the ground.
[Thu Jul 8 21:24:13 2004] : (3) DM: People around you are getting panicked and starting to turn and run.
[Thu Jul 8 21:24:28 2004] : ** (2) Marnak turns and starts going against the flow **
[Thu Jul 8 21:24:42 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella turns around to see what all the commotion is about **
[Thu Jul 8 21:24:58 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella ducks and weaves through the milling people **
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:16 2004] : (3) DM: Rearing up on their hind "legs" are two market stalls shedding basketry and tools onto the ground.
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:22 2004] : (3) DM: Initiative.
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:24 2004] : ** (1) Huerney runs towards the commotion **
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:40 2004] : (2) Marnak: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Jul 8 21:25:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Jul 8 21:26:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc great rolls gang :D
[Thu Jul 8 21:26:31 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc saving them :-P
[Thu Jul 8 21:26:38 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 8 21:26:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney realises he can't speak table **
[Thu Jul 8 21:27:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "What is this? Never a dull moment in a town, at least"
[Thu Jul 8 21:27:33 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins briefly **
[Thu Jul 8 21:27:37 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+0] -> [12,0] = (12)
[Thu Jul 8 21:28:20 2004] : (3) DM: Holly, there are two animated market stalls in front of you about 40 ft away.
[Thu Jul 8 21:28:31 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella: Casting flame arrow damage: [4d6] -> [2,3,4,4] = (13)
[Thu Jul 8 21:29:48 2004] : (4) Hollyella: At stall #2
[Thu Jul 8 21:30:07 2004] : (3) DM: Touch attack?
[Thu Jul 8 21:31:00 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Darn, onlu 4 if I
[Thu Jul 8 21:31:07 2004] : (4) Hollyella: if I'm within 10 ft
[Thu Jul 8 21:31:41 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Wrong again, I turn normal arrows into flaming ones
[Thu Jul 8 21:32:20 2004] : (3) DM: ooc How many?
[Thu Jul 8 21:32:36 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc what's wrong?
[Thu Jul 8 21:32:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc 1, I only have one attack per round
[Thu Jul 8 21:33:06 2004] : (3) DM: ooc no one said you had to fire them.
[Thu Jul 8 21:33:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Just confused about the spell, Craig. I've made one flaming arrow which I can shoot next round
[Thu Jul 8 21:33:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: No, the bolt is instantaneous
[Thu Jul 8 21:34:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc only if you enhance other projectiles is it 1 round later
[Thu Jul 8 21:34:43 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I'll be shooting the arrow later
[Thu Jul 8 21:35:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc what arrow? You either convert one arrow to +4 damage per level, or make a fire bolt
[Thu Jul 8 21:35:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc that'ts one arrow per level at +4 damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:36:01 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc And as I said: I converted an arrow
[Thu Jul 8 21:36:49 2004] : (3) DM: Okay. Huerney?
[Thu Jul 8 21:37:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc is the square empty except us and them?
[Thu Jul 8 21:37:52 2004] : (3) DM: People are rapidly dispersing.
[Thu Jul 8 21:38:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: Casts Summon Monster III - Celestial Bison: 37hp; Damage reduction 5/magic; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 14; SR = 8
Celestial bison attack Butting [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [2,6] = (8) (treat as magical)

[Thu Jul 8 21:38:14 2004] : (3) DM: No one is in the immediate vicinity.
[Thu Jul 8 21:38:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: Charging = +2
[Thu Jul 8 21:38:49 2004] : (3) DM: The bison cracks a side panel of one of the market stalls
[Thu Jul 8 21:39:11 2004] : ** (1) Huerney moves 20 feet closer **
[Thu Jul 8 21:39:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: done
[Thu Jul 8 21:39:47 2004] : (3) DM: One of the stalls slams into the bison. [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11) damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:40:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: miss
[Thu Jul 8 21:40:40 2004] : (3) DM: The other charges at Huerney
[Thu Jul 8 21:40:53 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14), [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7) damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:40:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: miss
[Thu Jul 8 21:41:30 2004] : (3) DM: Two more stalls stir...
[Thu Jul 8 21:41:57 2004] : (3) DM: Marnak?
[Thu Jul 8 21:42:01 2004] : ** (2) Marnak draws sword and charges **
[Thu Jul 8 21:42:10 2004] : (2) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame (base): [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [6,5,4] = (15)
[Thu Jul 8 21:42:10 2004] : (2) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame (second): [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [5,5,2] = (12)
[Thu Jul 8 21:42:22 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc first one only, +2 for charging
[Thu Jul 8 21:42:32 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc using Dodge feat against no.3 (target)
[Thu Jul 8 21:43:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc damn forgot to start singing... not something Huerney would forget
[Thu Jul 8 21:43:43 2004] : (3) DM: Marnak's sword causes stall 3 to smolder.
[Thu Jul 8 21:43:51 2004] : (3) DM: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jul 8 21:44:03 2004] : (3) DM: Hollyella?
[Thu Jul 8 21:44:31 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Retreating as far as I can before firing at #4
[Thu Jul 8 21:44:46 2004] : (3) DM: ooc 20 ft max
[Thu Jul 8 21:44:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite+2, MW arrows, PBS, Bardsong (base): [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
[Thu Jul 8 21:45:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Oops, wrong attack, no bardsong
[Thu Jul 8 21:45:17 2004] : (3) DM: + fire?
[Thu Jul 8 21:45:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc no bardsong - begins at the end of my next round, and that's if Dave allows for the fact that IO may forget, but Huerney wouldn't
[Thu Jul 8 21:45:50 2004] : (3) DM: ooc Aie. Blind Guardian is lame. time for some rm -rf'ing
[Thu Jul 8 21:45:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: + extra fire, half caster level (+1)
[Thu Jul 8 21:46:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Huh?
[Thu Jul 8 21:46:57 2004] : (3) DM: Your arrow strikes the stalls awning and it starts to burn.
[Thu Jul 8 21:46:59 2004] : (3) DM: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jul 8 21:47:13 2004] : (3) DM: Huerney?
[Thu Jul 8 21:47:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc did you allow my bardsong?
[Thu Jul 8 21:47:47 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc There should be a law against DMs rolling when we don't even know why ;)
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:02 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc continuing-to-burn damage?
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:04 2004] : (3) DM: ooc fire damage from the flames.
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:12 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc ic :)
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc did you allow my bardsong?
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:32 2004] : (3) DM: ooc no. You can start it now.
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: Celestial Bison: Butting Attack [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [4,6] = (10) (treat as magical)
[Thu Jul 8 21:48:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: On 2
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:00 2004] : (3) DM: *crack*
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:01 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc nice flames :-P
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:03 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+14] -> [20,14] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:03 2004] : (1) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+14] -> [20,14] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [3,4,6] = (13)
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:03 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:19 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc 2 20's? Bit greedy!
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:39 2004] : ** (1) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) for 3 hours) **
[Thu Jul 8 21:49:50 2004] : (3) DM: As hillarious as that seems Huerney pokes the stall into submission and it collapses into a wreak of a stall.
[Thu Jul 8 21:50:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: : I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"Smash your face, that's what we'll do... You'll never know what has hit you!"#
[Thu Jul 8 21:50:32 2004] : (3) DM: [1d4] -> [2] = (2), [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jul 8 21:50:33 2004] : ** (1) Huerney moves to no2 **
[Thu Jul 8 21:50:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: Done
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:16 2004] : (3) DM: The stall turns and slams into you Huerney.
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:27 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9), [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7) damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: miss
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc obviously
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:48 2004] : (3) DM: Another slams into Marnak
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:50 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18), [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10) damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:51:53 2004] : (2) Marnak: miss
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:11 2004] : (3) DM: Another charges Marnak too
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:14 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16), [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5) damage
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:36 2004] : (3) DM: Marnak?
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:42 2004] : ** (2) Marnak uses whirlwind attack **
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:46 2004] : (2) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame (base): [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [5,5,6] = (16)
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:46 2004] : (2) Marnak: Rapier +2, flame (second): [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d6] -> [6,5,2] = (13)
[Thu Jul 8 21:52:57 2004] : (2) Marnak: first on no. 3, second on no. 4
[Thu Jul 8 21:53:30 2004] : (3) DM: Both collapse onto the cobbles with cracking of timbers and both continue to blaze.
[Thu Jul 8 21:53:49 2004] : ** (2) Marnak bows, and takes a 5-ft step towards Huerney etc **
[Thu Jul 8 21:53:58 2004] : (3) DM: Hollyella?
[Thu Jul 8 21:54:28 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella slips of to look for a spellcaster **
[Thu Jul 8 21:54:50 2004] : (3) DM: Where are you looking Holly?
[Thu Jul 8 21:55:54 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Circling the enchanted stalls, looking first in the direction we came from
[Thu Jul 8 21:56:05 2004] : (3) DM: Make a spot check
[Thu Jul 8 21:56:15 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:29 2004] : (3) DM: Huerney
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:31 2004] : (3) DM: ?
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:49 2004] : ** (1) Huerney stabs at the stall **
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (base): [1d20+15] -> [19,15] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+15] -> [10,15] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] -> [5,2,10] = (17)
[Thu Jul 8 21:57:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) + Bardsong (second): [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Jul 8 21:58:13 2004] : (3) DM: Huerneyt pokes another to "death"
[Thu Jul 8 21:58:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney pats the bison on the head **
[Thu Jul 8 21:58:55 2004] : ** (1) Huerney clicks his fingers and dismisses it back to the celestial plain **
[Thu Jul 8 21:59:27 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella starts running **
[Thu Jul 8 21:59:37 2004] : ** (2) Marnak starts following **
[Thu Jul 8 21:59:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc you're behind me, which way are you running?
[Thu Jul 8 21:59:58 2004] : (3) DM: A group of blue robed figures suddenly materializes in the middle of the square. 6 wizards in a group facing outwards with staffs and wands at the ready.
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:00 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella points at a building straight ahead **
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc i CAN'T SEE YOU
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc oops caps
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:13 2004] : (3) DM: They relax when they see the threat is neutralized.
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc np, Craig :)
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: "it's OK guys, problem sorted"
[Thu Jul 8 22:00:56 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella doesn't dare to shout, she needs her breath to run **
[Thu Jul 8 22:01:01 2004] : (3) DM: One of the group walks over.
[Thu Jul 8 22:01:04 2004] : (2) Marnak: "We didn't get the caster though."
[Thu Jul 8 22:01:28 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, where's Hollyella?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:01:36 2004] : (3) Wizard team leader: "What happened here?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:01:44 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Dunno. I didn't spot her leaving."
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:08 2004] : (2) Marnak: "We heard people screaming, we went to investigate, trashed some stalls."
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Lots of screaming... err is that her running over there..? Err, animated stalls attacking people"
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Sorry, one of our friends is missing"
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:40 2004] : (3) Wizard team leader: "Why would animated stalls attack you?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [10,-2] = (8)
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:51 2004] : (2) Marnak: "If you can trace the spellcaster for us, we'll try to answer that."
[Thu Jul 8 22:02:56 2004] : ** (2) Marnak looks around for Hollyella **
[Thu Jul 8 22:03:00 2004] : (2) Marnak: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu Jul 8 22:03:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: "They were attacking others, we just dispatched them"
[Thu Jul 8 22:03:52 2004] : (3) Wizard team leader: "Okay. Remain here for further questioning. We will locate the wizard."
[Thu Jul 8 22:04:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Not is our friend is in trouble"
[Thu Jul 8 22:04:14 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Questioning? About what?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:04:22 2004] : ** (1) Huerney flashes the tower ring **
[Thu Jul 8 22:04:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We're working for the academy"
[Thu Jul 8 22:04:38 2004] : (3) Wizard team leader: He runs of back to his team who fan out and head for the building surrounding the square and start systematically searching.
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney quickly looks for anything interesting on the floor **
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:47 2004] : (3) Wizard team leader: Squashed tomatoes, brushes, pails, nothing useful.
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:48 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella gets her tools out as she stands before the door **
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:53 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc clues, nice artifacts wondrous items, anything that ain't mailed down
[Thu Jul 8 22:05:59 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc did I spot Hollyella?
[Thu Jul 8 22:06:19 2004] : (3) DM: ooc No.
[Thu Jul 8 22:06:31 2004] : (2) Marnak: ooc poo.
[Thu Jul 8 22:07:29 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Jul 8 22:07:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I remember the last time H ran off on her own... at least she's got armour (of sorts) on this time
[Thu Jul 8 22:07:55 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc And don't forget the +2 for my tools ;)
[Thu Jul 8 22:08:55 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella waits for a moment to catch her breath and tries again **
[Thu Jul 8 22:09:14 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Jul 8 22:09:22 2004] : ** (2) Marnak continues looking for anything useful **
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Where the hell did holly go? She may have been kidnapped"
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:17 2004] : ** (1) Huerney goes and looks by where I think she last was **
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:29 2004] : (2) Marnak: "No idea. Fancy looking for her?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:35 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella doesn't realise her friends didn't see where she went **
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:38 2004] : ** (2) Marnak scans the (now empty) market square **
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:45 2004] : (2) Marnak: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jul 8 22:10:59 2004] : (3) DM: It's still full of market stalls which obscure your view.
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:03 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella is standing in front of one of the buildings surrounding the square **
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:24 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella tries again **
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:26 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:31 2004] : ** (2) Marnak walks over to a randomly selected edge and looks for Hollyella **
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:36 2004] : (2) Marnak: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:41 2004] : (2) Marnak: (south edge)
[Thu Jul 8 22:11:50 2004] : (3) DM: Eventually one of you spots Hollyella fiddling with a door at the other end of the square.
[Thu Jul 8 22:12:03 2004] : ** (2) Marnak heads over to join her **
[Thu Jul 8 22:12:37 2004] : (2) Marnak: "Any idea on the spellcaster?"
[Thu Jul 8 22:12:39 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella opens the door, slowly and carefully **
[Thu Jul 8 22:12:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oh, there you are!"
[Thu Jul 8 22:13:05 2004] : (3) DM: Inside is...
[Thu Jul 8 22:13:09 2004] : (3) DM: GAME END