Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 24 June 2004

[Thu Jun 24 20:09:26 2004] : (5) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:03 2004] : (5) DM: You're standing outside the barrow. The Keeper (in his raven guise) can be seen flapping away in the distance.
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: Eric?
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:39 2004] : (2) Hollyella: I wonder when we'll see him again and if he might be more helpful next time
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:45 2004] : (5) DM: ooc Eric?
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I suppose we should get this bitch back to her former colleagues"
[Thu Jun 24 20:10:55 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc Discworld
[Thu Jun 24 20:11:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc the crow
[Thu Jun 24 20:11:15 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc take your word for that
[Thu Jun 24 20:11:37 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc Eric Draven, not particularly imaginative as a name
[Thu Jun 24 20:11:43 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Aye. This place still gives me the creeps"
[Thu Jun 24 20:11:47 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:14 2004] : (2) Hollyella: Let's get out of here, I prefer the town over these moors any day
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:14 2004] : (5) DM: Vyrith, mounts his horse.
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It's not a nice place I agree, but give me this to those horrible guild folk any day"
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: "now they give me the creeps"
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:48 2004] : ** (1) Huerney un-hobbles Horsey and mounts up **
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:51 2004] : ** (4) Nerin slings the body over the back of his horse **
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:52 2004] : (2) Hollyella: They won't bother us Huerney, they need us
[Thu Jun 24 20:12:59 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smiles at Huerney **
[Thu Jun 24 20:13:03 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella mounts **
[Thu Jun 24 20:13:19 2004] : ** (4) Nerin mounts up with a grim expression **
[Thu Jun 24 20:13:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I just don't trust any of them"
[Thu Jun 24 20:13:55 2004] : (4) Nerin: "its a close thing between them and here, but at least you can get a good meal down in the town"
[Thu Jun 24 20:14:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I don't know what they did to Ayhlanne to make her trust them so easily, that spooked me more than anything"
[Thu Jun 24 20:14:25 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And they don't send clockwork killers in the middle of the night"
[Thu Jun 24 20:14:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: "She was never trusting, but took them at their word every time"
[Thu Jun 24 20:14:54 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Maybe Ayhlanne is a bit more open to them than you?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:15:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Unlikely when she was distrustful of so many others"
[Thu Jun 24 20:15:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I don't like dealing with them, full stop. It always leaves me feeling that we'll owe them, and I don't want that"
[Thu Jun 24 20:16:16 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Actually your distrust surprised me. Did you ever have bad experiences with them?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:16:20 2004] : ** (1) Huerney prods horsey into a trot **
[Thu Jun 24 20:16:33 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella follows **
[Thu Jun 24 20:16:42 2004] : ** (4) Nerin makes one final check of 'the load' before moving off after him **
[Thu Jun 24 20:17:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: "they're thieves and assasins hollyella, knowing what people are like is a bard's fort"
[Thu Jun 24 20:17:37 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Not all thieves are inherently bad, Huerney"
[Thu Jun 24 20:17:59 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And they certainly aren't all assassins"
[Thu Jun 24 20:18:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Stealing food for your starving family under a despotic ruler, i understand"
[Thu Jun 24 20:18:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: "But a thieves guild serves only one purpose, to
[Thu Jun 24 20:19:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc er lost my thread now!
[Thu Jun 24 20:19:41 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Huerney: do you distrust me as badly as you do my friends?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:20:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I don't distrust you"
[Thu Jun 24 20:20:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "But when you say friends, do you know them? Or are you making a value judgement just as I am?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:20:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And you do realise I was and still am a member of that same guild?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:20:43 2004] : (5) DM: You're heading back to Port Hoon I assume?
[Thu Jun 24 20:20:50 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc Yep
[Thu Jun 24 20:21:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "The guild exists to perpetuate thievery, and assasination"
[Thu Jun 24 20:21:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "if you call the people who do those things friends then I think less of you"
[Thu Jun 24 20:21:42 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I'm so happy you cleared that up for me"
[Thu Jun 24 20:21:49 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella sounds sarcastic **
[Thu Jun 24 20:22:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: "What do you expect me to feel towards them?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:22:32 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella rides on, ignoring Huerney **
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:09 2004] : ** (4) Nerin rides ahead, trying to look engrossed in the local flora and fauna **
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:22 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:24 2004] : (5) DM: ...A few days of riding....
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:37 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc who got first watch? ;)
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:38 2004] : ** (1) Huerney sings a song about the skulduggery of thieves **
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc as opposed to *rogues*
[Thu Jun 24 20:24:55 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc love that word
[Thu Jun 24 20:25:05 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:25:21 2004] : (5) DM: You're outside Port Hoon. Mid morning.
[Thu Jun 24 20:25:48 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks in the direction of Huerney a lot, but still doesn't speak to him **
[Thu Jun 24 20:26:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I suppose we ought to stable the horses and head straight to the tower"
[Thu Jun 24 20:26:36 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Hmmm, not so sure I fancy lugging this body about without a horse"
[Thu Jun 24 20:26:36 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks straight at Holy whenever she looks over **
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, I'm not sure that we won't raise questions with the guard riding in with the body"
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:11 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I see you point, Nerin"
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:33 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Anyone got a large blanket?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:39 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And we won't raise questions trying to park it somewhere?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "MAybe stable ours, then lead yours to the tower?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:27:48 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella hands Nerin a blanket **
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:05 2004] : (5) Vyrith: "If you have no more need of my services I will take my leave."
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:11 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Just don't ask me to help you carry it"
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:18 2004] : ** (4) Nerin tries to arrange the blanket over the body to look inconspicous **
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "umm, would you remain until we get past the guards?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:36 2004] : (1) Huerney: "You are a face that they'll know at least"
[Thu Jun 24 20:28:40 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Wont you come with us to report?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:29:10 2004] : (4) Nerin: "An independant voice would help"
[Thu Jun 24 20:29:12 2004] : (5) Vyrith: "I cannot help you in that respect. The guards are unlikely to recognize me."
[Thu Jun 24 20:29:58 2004] : ** (1) Huerney whispers something about strange shops and temples that are only there when you're looking for them **
[Thu Jun 24 20:30:18 2004] : (5) Vyrith: "No. I would rather not. I have aided you thus far as it was my duty. However, involving myself in the polictics of the Academy is... unwise for one such as myself."
[Thu Jun 24 20:30:32 2004] : ** (4) Nerin finds Vy's comment strange, but doesn't say anything **
[Thu Jun 24 20:30:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I guess if you think you can't aid us any further, you may as well go then"
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:06 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "If that's the way you feel, then so be it. But allow me to thank you for your help before you leave us"
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:10 2004] : ** (5) Vyrith dismounts **
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:15 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Thank you for you help, it was appreciated"
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:19 2004] : (5) Vyrith: "You may keep the horse."
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:23 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smiles at Vyrith and shakes his hand **
[Thu Jun 24 20:31:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Yes, thanks for the help, when you turned that Mohrg thing was incredible"
[Thu Jun 24 20:32:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, we paid for it anyway, you can have it though if you want it, I think he likes you"
[Thu Jun 24 20:32:22 2004] : (5) Vyrith: He bows briefly. "It was a previledge to work with ones favoured by The Keeper.". Then turns and walks off (but not towards the gates.)
[Thu Jun 24 20:32:45 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I knew that there was something odd about him"
[Thu Jun 24 20:33:01 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Was he.....?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:33:01 2004] : (5) Vyrith: "No. A horse is too conspicuous. Though I thank you all the same." Walks off (again!)
[Thu Jun 24 20:33:12 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 24 20:33:24 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:33:55 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks at Vyrith as he disappears from sight **
[Thu Jun 24 20:34:24 2004] : (3) Marnak: from the other direction...
[Thu Jun 24 20:34:46 2004] : (3) Marnak: A man rides up on a nondescript brown horse, galloping as if the nine hells are on his heels
[Thu Jun 24 20:34:47 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella dismounts and stretches **
[Thu Jun 24 20:34:59 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I could do with a walk after all that riding"
[Thu Jun 24 20:35:21 2004] : ** (1) Huerney feels to see if he is saddle sore **
[Thu Jun 24 20:35:28 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "He seems to be in a hurry"
[Thu Jun 24 20:35:37 2004] : ** (3) Marnak is slightly above average height, wearing expensive-looking but dusty clothes, and carrying a rapier. He has dark hair and a neatly trimmed beard. **
[Thu Jun 24 20:35:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: "oooh, oww"
[Thu Jun 24 20:35:57 2004] : ** (3) Marnak reins in his horse to avoid running people down. **
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: oo cnot another bloody rapier user!
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:08 2004] : ** (4) Nerin watches him approach **
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:11 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:14 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Clear the road! They're coming!"
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:17 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella fights hard not to smile at Huerney's complaints **
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:19 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc competition?
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, are they?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:35 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Who are?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:37 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Who?!"
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:45 2004] : (5) Vyrith: ooc Yes. Who?
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:45 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc yes, you bloody fighter types can use all sorts
[Thu Jun 24 20:36:51 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:03 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella mounts again, trying to get a better view (or just a view) **
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:21 2004] : ** (4) Nerin nudges CC over a little **
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:24 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc you'll find out. Nothing story-breaking, don't worry :-)
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:31 2004] : (3) Marnak: "THEM!"
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:37 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc Story??
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:43 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Well. The guards."
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:44 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Ah, that explains it"
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ohhhh, THEM"
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Why didn't you say so?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:37:58 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc I don't want to break the DM's world for him.
[Thu Jun 24 20:38:12 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And you're running from them because ... "
[Thu Jun 24 20:38:26 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh dear. You really are an uneducated lout, aren't you?" (to Huerney)
[Thu Jun 24 20:38:37 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Don't you know who I am?!"
[Thu Jun 24 20:39:04 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Do you know who we are?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:39:04 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Watch your tongue when talking to my friends"
[Thu Jun 24 20:39:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, not really, no"
[Thu Jun 24 20:39:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Care to test me?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:40:20 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Why should I know who you are? I, on the other hand, am " *flourishing bow* "Marnak, and one of the better swordsmen this side of the border, and many leagues beyond."
[Thu Jun 24 20:40:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well done"
[Thu Jun 24 20:40:42 2004] : (3) Marnak: "So. Well met, and all that, and why are you standing out here with a corpse?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:40:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: : Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18)
[Thu Jun 24 20:40:50 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And you're running like a coward right now"
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Nop, not someone that any tales I know talk about, sorry"
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:14 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Discretion, my lady, discretion. Might not be the better part of valour, but still is part."
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:17 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Dont talk about heurney like that!! Hes not that stiff"
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:32 2004] : (3) Marnak: "What's that under the sheet then?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:41:50 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "None of your business"
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:01 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Its whats under the sheet. Why?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:07 2004] : ** (3) Marnak rides over to the lump on the ground. **
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc it's on a horse
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc isn't it?
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:25 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc oops :-)
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:25 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella moves over to Marnak **
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:52 2004] : ** (3) Marnak takes Hollyella's hand and kisses it, looking into her eyes as he does so. **
[Thu Jun 24 20:42:54 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "How curious you are, running like mad and still interfering in other people's business"
[Thu Jun 24 20:43:02 2004] : (3) Marnak: "An honour to meet such a beautiful lady!"
[Thu Jun 24 20:43:15 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella withdraws her hand and wipes it on her trousers **
[Thu Jun 24 20:43:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: oo clooking DOWN into her eyes, unless he's lying down or something ;D
[Thu Jun 24 20:43:44 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Likewise, I'm sure, only a lady could run that fast"
[Thu Jun 24 20:43:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:03 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc oh, good insult!
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:18 2004] : ** (4) Nerin sniggers **
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:21 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I could show you a thing or two..."
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:24 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella takes a bow **
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:35 2004] : ** (3) Marnak reaches out and flips the blanket to one side. **
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:37 2004] : (1) Huerney: "So you admit you have breasts?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:46 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "If it were big enough for me to see it"
[Thu Jun 24 20:44:47 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:10 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Louts, the lot of you, and louts with a secret."
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:12 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella takes her rapier out **
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:21 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Care to lose that hand?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:26 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oooh, a challenge?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:38 2004] : (3) Marnak: "A duel then, to first blood?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:40 2004] : (5) Vyrith: ooc Oh come one. 3 rapier wielders. That's gotta be a record.
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc now we will look like musketeers, 3 of us with rapiers, 4 if Darvin (tanian) comes back!
[Thu Jun 24 20:45:58 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc I didn't realise how many you had!
[Thu Jun 24 20:46:01 2004] : (4) Nerin: "What is it with rapiers?? Can none of you handle a proper weapon?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:46:09 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc Darvtanian?
[Thu Jun 24 20:46:30 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc Holly can't
[Thu Jun 24 20:46:45 2004] : ** (4) Nerin shakes his head **
[Thu Jun 24 20:47:10 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I am a blademaster, though I prefer finesse."
[Thu Jun 24 20:47:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc a rapier is a two handed weapon for a halfling isn;t it?
[Thu Jun 24 20:47:13 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "That's why we love to have you with us, Nerin"
[Thu Jun 24 20:47:52 2004] : (5) Vyrith: ooc um. yes,
[Thu Jun 24 20:47:56 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc I suppose it would be
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:06 2004] : (3) Marnak: "So, will one of you duel me? After an insult like that, I must demand satisfaction. Of either my honour or my curiousity."
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:27 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella laughs **
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:35 2004] : ** (3) Marnak gestures at the lump on the horse, which he has placed behind him (by turning) **
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:35 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Oh get a grip. A duel? outside the city gates??"
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:43 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Maybe you'd better ride along before someone gets hurt"
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney sings a song about boring flashy bastards with issues **
[Thu Jun 24 20:48:54 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Not to the death, to first blood."
[Thu Jun 24 20:49:09 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I ride where I please, thank you."
[Thu Jun 24 20:49:25 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh, and it might help to sing in tune. Just an idea for you."
[Thu Jun 24 20:49:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "If you don't like to get insulted you shouldn't start it, you know"
[Thu Jun 24 20:49:34 2004] : (1) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+20] -> [6,20] = (26)
[Thu Jun 24 20:49:49 2004] : (5) DM: Huerney sings tunefully.
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:18 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Dear me, touchy as well, are you?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Anyway, this package is starting to go off, beter get it inside"
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:30 2004] : (3) Marnak: So, a duel, or do I have a look at the package?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:33 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Agreed"
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:42 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Hmmmm, neither"
[Thu Jun 24 20:50:57 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella shrugs **
[Thu Jun 24 20:51:07 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh dear. I'm sure the guard captain is capable of being a very curious person too."
[Thu Jun 24 20:51:13 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Let's go, this *man* is boring me"
[Thu Jun 24 20:51:33 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Dear lady, I'm sure I can do better than that."
[Thu Jun 24 20:51:45 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm sure he is, and I'm sure that the tower would like one of their own brought back"
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:13 2004] : ** (1) Huerney goes a bit red **
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:26 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh, you know the Tower?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:33 2004] : (5) DM: ooc Academy
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc them too :)
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:44 2004] : (4) Nerin: "What if we do?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:52:48 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 20:53:08 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Well, I'm sure I didn't mean to offend. There's some gentlemen there who owe me... a favour or two."
[Thu Jun 24 20:53:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Really? that strikes me as a bit unbelieveable"
[Thu Jun 24 20:54:17 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Why? I've been carrying a blade longer than you've been walking on your own feet, lad."
[Thu Jun 24 20:54:42 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I'm sure there are people that owe you something, but favours?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:54:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Look if you're just going to keep following us like a lost puppy, we may as well introduce ourselves"
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:07 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm Huerney White-Eye"
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney points to cloudy pupil **
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:20 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Lost puppy nothing, but yes, it would be polite of you. Keep going, I'm beginning to think you're not such a lout as you first seemed."
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:40 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smirks **
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:40 2004] : (4) Nerin: "I am Nerin"
[Thu Jun 24 20:55:41 2004] : (3) Marnak: "As I said, Marnak. It's a good enough name for me."
[Thu Jun 24 20:56:07 2004] : (3) Marnak: "And yes, lady, there are those who owe me favours."
[Thu Jun 24 20:56:14 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "You can call me Mamaga"
[Thu Jun 24 20:56:32 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Holly oddly **
[Thu Jun 24 20:56:33 2004] : (3) Marnak: "And what does that name mean, young lady?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:56:59 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "You can call me Magaga"
[Thu Jun 24 20:57:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc damned Noober/Neeber... heya!
[Thu Jun 24 20:57:09 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc Misspelled my own name :(
[Thu Jun 24 20:57:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Why don't you try to find out yourself?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:15 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Very well, I will. Shall we ride?"
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: "So, I believe we were going to walk our horses past the guards"
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:23 2004] : ** (3) Marnak gestures at the town gates **
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We should have Nerin's in the middle"
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:46 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Aye"
[Thu Jun 24 20:58:50 2004] : ** (4) Nerin dismounts **
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:04 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella dismounts again, keeping her eye on Marnak **
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:37 2004] : (4) Nerin: "We've nothing to hide, but I hope the gaurds aren't paying to much attention"
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:41 2004] : (5) DM: You join the end of the slow moving queue of carts and wagons.
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:42 2004] : ** (3) Marnak dismounts, and leads his horse by the bridle **
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Look Marnak, we're working for the Keeper at them moment and an extra hand would be useful, one of our friends kinda left us in the lurch"
[Thu Jun 24 20:59:59 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Right. What's the job?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:05 2004] : (5) DM: The guards are being rather thorough.
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:08 2004] : ** (3) Marnak is suddenly crisp and businesslike **
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "If you feel up to an adventure, I don't mind another sword in the group"
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:33 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Would certainly be useful"
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:43 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at holly **
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:49 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks uncomfortable as she listens to the conversation **
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:49 2004] : ** (3) Marnak makes a dagger appear, rolls it across his hand and vanishes it again **
[Thu Jun 24 21:00:58 2004] : (3) Marnak: "More than swords, lads."
[Thu Jun 24 21:01:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc Keeper of the halls of the dead - a deity BTW
[Thu Jun 24 21:01:23 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc ta
[Thu Jun 24 21:02:05 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Needs must Holly, I don't think the three of us can manage all these dark wizards alone"
[Thu Jun 24 21:02:06 2004] : (5) DM: ooc the tales portray The Keeper as the traditional Death style figure.
[Thu Jun 24 21:02:58 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Be that as it may be, but why him? Someone who dishes out insults at first sight but can't take them?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:03:22 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I can take insults. Are you dead yet? Didn't think so."
[Thu Jun 24 21:03:31 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "A blusterer, all too full of himself? Seems like a liability to me"
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Don't know if you've noticed, but help is not exactly thick on the ground"
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:14 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "What a hero you are, talking about killing a halfling all by yourself"
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "And we've lost two friends to wanderlust in as many weeks"
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:26 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Another sword to hide behind Holly"
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:29 2004] : ** (4) Nerin smiles **
[Thu Jun 24 21:04:36 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smiles at Nerin **
[Thu Jun 24 21:05:12 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh, you don't understand. A decent, well-established reputation can be as helpful as another sword, though just as double-edged."
[Thu Jun 24 21:05:17 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I thought you fighters liked me because you can stand behind me and still shoot striaght?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:05:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I didn't think halflings were any less tough than the rest of the races"
[Thu Jun 24 21:05:35 2004] : (3) Marnak: "There are towns where people will run rather than cross blades with me."
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:02 2004] : (3) Marnak: "There's also towns where the reward money persuades them, but we'll leave those out of it."
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:03 2004] : (4) Nerin: "heh, well there is that as well"
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:03 2004] : (5) DM: ooc presumably towns not in this duchy?
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:20 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I prefer not to cross blades at all, I miss the strength and toughness for that"
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:25 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella laughs **
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:26 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc no, over the border
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Other skills work just as well Holly"
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:50 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Well, I don't doubt you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Why do you think I said first blood?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:06:57 2004] : (5) DM: ooc Slap me for being a dick. But, Henry, that's Delphine's color. It's confusing me. Can you change it, please.
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:07 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc you like Rambo fils?
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc films
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:15 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I noticed that too
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:51 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc no problem DM
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc red is free ATM, unless we're expecting Darren back any time soon
[Thu Jun 24 21:07:55 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc I never noticed
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:08 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Stick around and one day you might even see the inside of my sleeves"
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:13 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc this better?
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc bit close to comment colour?
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:37 2004] : ** (4) Nerin thinks its a little close to this **
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:39 2004] : ** (1) Huerney no? **
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:41 2004] : ** (3) Marnak grins at Hollyella **
[Thu Jun 24 21:08:50 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Oh, and wouldn't I like that..."
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:04 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Doing my washing you mean"
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:07 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ?
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:14 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella laughs out loud **
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:18 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc /me tries a new colour
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc oi!
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:37 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc this one?
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:48 2004] : (5) DM: ooc That's fine by me.
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:51 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc What? Do you want to do my washing?
[Thu Jun 24 21:09:54 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc ok
[Thu Jun 24 21:10:01 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc Fine
[Thu Jun 24 21:10:06 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc it was him being cheeky
[Thu Jun 24 21:10:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney goes and makes a drink with lime in **
[Thu Jun 24 21:10:23 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc I know and so does Holly :P
[Thu Jun 24 21:10:34 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc OK :-)
[Thu Jun 24 21:11:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Looks like the guard are being a bit thorough"
[Thu Jun 24 21:11:07 2004] : (3) Marnak: "So, will one of you tell me what the job is, or do I just tag along until I feel it's a bit risky for me?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:12:14 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Well, we could just tell them the truth. That we were out on the moors and saw her getting killed. rushed to help bit she died as we got to her"
[Thu Jun 24 21:12:22 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "At the moment we're just going to report back"
[Thu Jun 24 21:12:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Major Image ( level 3, "As silent image, plus sound, smell and thermal effects." )
[Thu Jun 24 21:12:54 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Right. So you're got a corpse that you didn't kill, and you've got to return her."
[Thu Jun 24 21:12:56 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks at Nerin, eyebrow raised, making sure Marnak doesn't see it **
[Thu Jun 24 21:13:20 2004] : ** (1) Huerney makes Nerin's horse look normally loaded **
[Thu Jun 24 21:13:59 2004] : (3) Marnak: "What do you do in between... deliveries?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:14:29 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Eat, drink, sleep, get attacked"
[Thu Jun 24 21:14:36 2004] : (4) Nerin: "The usual"
[Thu Jun 24 21:14:36 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We ..... run errands"
[Thu Jun 24 21:14:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc anyone noticed that?
[Thu Jun 24 21:14:55 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Think it'll work Huerney?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:15:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I... have.. to .. concentrate... on... it"
[Thu Jun 24 21:15:40 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Lets go then. Act casual everyone"
[Thu Jun 24 21:15:49 2004] : ** (4) Nerin moves off towards the gate **
[Thu Jun 24 21:16:07 2004] : (5) DM: After some time you reach the gates.
[Thu Jun 24 21:16:11 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Hah, I can live with that. I'll help you, then, as an extra blade... distraction... entertainer " *does a backflip* "so long as you tell me about any hazards you expect before we set off."
[Thu Jun 24 21:16:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "pretend... i'm... mute"
[Thu Jun 24 21:16:36 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella nods at Huerney and moves on **
[Thu Jun 24 21:16:42 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Name... Business....And goods to declare?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:16 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Nerin, Holly, Heurney and Marnak."
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:28 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: Guard Bertrand looks over the horses and into the saddle bags.
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney nods **
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:42 2004] : (4) Nerin: We have business with the Academy"
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:46 2004] : ** (1) Huerney concentrates as he interacts with it **
[Thu Jun 24 21:17:56 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Business? What's your purpose in this town."
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:00 2004] : ** (3) Marnak flips an apple out of his saddlebag, catches it and takes a bite. **
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc will save if he's suspicious
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:08 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Resupply."
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:08 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Your bags do not contain trade goods."
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "That's because we're not merchants"
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:32 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I'm just passing through; I was travelling with these good folks for protection from bandits."
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:35 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smiles **
[Thu Jun 24 21:18:51 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Information gathering for .. (whatever his name was) in the Academy"
[Thu Jun 24 21:19:43 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Academy business, eh? You have the symbol?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:08 2004] : ** (4) Nerin looks at the others **
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:21 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks back and shrugs **
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:30 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Symbol?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:36 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "No ring? No amulet?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:45 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We left before the security was put up"
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:45 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: (frowns a little)
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:56 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Well, it was only our first expedition. Kinda like a trial"
[Thu Jun 24 21:20:58 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We've been away for quite some time"
[Thu Jun 24 21:21:08 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: ooc someone must have the ring!
[Thu Jun 24 21:21:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc don't think it's me
[Thu Jun 24 21:21:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: maybe Ayhlanne
[Thu Jun 24 21:22:18 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: ooc oh dear.
[Thu Jun 24 21:22:47 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc I know it was a bad idea letting Delphine take that tour ;)
[Thu Jun 24 21:22:52 2004] : (2) Hollyella: knew
[Thu Jun 24 21:22:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc real people wouldn't forget important things like that I'd say
[Thu Jun 24 21:23:39 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: ooc Is someone going to "remember" the ring then? It the one from waaaay back when you 1st headed out from Hoon.
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:05 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc nothing to do with me or holly then
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:11 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc/me looks at Heurney
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney rummages in his pack and digs it out **
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:35 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc we have 3 rounds before the spell goes now!
[Thu Jun 24 21:24:46 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: (taps foots impatiently)
[Thu Jun 24 21:25:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shows the ring to the guard **
[Thu Jun 24 21:25:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Here you go"
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:13 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella shakes her head at Huerney, bugt smiles as she does it **
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:17 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: (GLances at it and grunt) "Right. In you go.... You there, yes you in the flashy get up."
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:28 2004] : ** (4) Nerin quickly moves CC inside **
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:38 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Me?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:43 2004] : ** (3) Marnak bows **
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:49 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Round here"
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:49 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Marneck wasn't it. Where are you from and what's your business here."
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:59 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Come aling Marnak, we're waiting for you"
[Thu Jun 24 21:26:59 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Marnak, at your service."
[Thu Jun 24 21:27:05 2004] : ** (4) Nerin subtly indicates a corner **
[Thu Jun 24 21:27:09 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 24 21:27:42 2004] : (3) Marnak: "I'm travelling, currently... employed by these good people. In general, I entertain, juggle, tumble. The usual."
[Thu Jun 24 21:27:45 2004] : ** (1) Huerney hurriedly follows Nerin **
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:10 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: "Hrm. YOu may pass."
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:18 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Most kind."
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:34 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Will you hurry it up?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:34 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Phew, just held that up long enough"
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:34 2004] : ** (3) Marnak joins the group, muttering about "uncivilised backwaters" **
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:36 2004] : (4) Nerin: oco back
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:40 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella enters the gates **
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:48 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc wb
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:48 2004] : (4) Nerin: "You ok Huerney?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:28:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I only learned that spell after leaving the moors"
[Thu Jun 24 21:29:05 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Good timing"
[Thu Jun 24 21:29:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Wasn't sure how it would hold"
[Thu Jun 24 21:29:41 2004] : ** (1) Huerney watches as CC reappears + body **
[Thu Jun 24 21:29:58 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We'd better get away from here and to the academy"
[Thu Jun 24 21:30:09 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Quickly as we can
[Thu Jun 24 21:30:10 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "It was a superb move, Huerney"
[Thu Jun 24 21:30:28 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Walking or riding?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:30:44 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc depends on how crowded the streets are.
[Thu Jun 24 21:30:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Walking with CC in the middle of 3 horses?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:31:21 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Maybe a fourth horse being led behind?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:31:28 2004] : (5) Guard Albert: crowded
[Thu Jun 24 21:31:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: "hmm, maybe not, lets just ride there"
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: "As fast as we can, people move for horses, or they'll get trampled"
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:30 2004] : ** (4) Nerin mounts up **
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Let's just act haughty"
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:37 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "The sooner we're there the better, I'd say"
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:49 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Marnak **
[Thu Jun 24 21:32:55 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella mounts and grimaces as she does so **
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:08 2004] : (4) Nerin: "One either side of me and one behind"
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:10 2004] : ** (1) Huerney mounts and begins to trot with abandon to the academy **
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:24 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "A bath, a bath, a kingdom for a bath"
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:27 2004] : ** (4) Nerin keeps up **
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:41 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella rides besides Nerin **
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:47 2004] : ** (3) Marnak rides ahead and shouts "Make way! Make way for the Lord Nerin!" **
[Thu Jun 24 21:33:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Ghost Sound ( level 0, "Figment sounds." )
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:02 2004] : ** (4) Nerin looks shocked **
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: Fanfare as we ride
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:17 2004] : (5) DM: People look at Marnak with scorn and some spit in his general direction.
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: "hopefully that will move people"
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:47 2004] : ** (4) Nerin trots along trying to look Lordly **
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:48 2004] : ** (3) Marnak merely twitches his cloak out of the way of the spit **
[Thu Jun 24 21:34:56 2004] : (1) Huerney: Der der der der
[Thu Jun 24 21:35:07 2004] : (5) DM: Muttering of "bloody lords", "pompous git" etc. etc.
[Thu Jun 24 21:35:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: Daa da da der
[Thu Jun 24 21:35:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney ups pace to a canter **
[Thu Jun 24 21:35:45 2004] : ** (4) Nerin keeps up **
[Thu Jun 24 21:36:28 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella looks at the people and at Marnak and then concentrates on her riding again **
[Thu Jun 24 21:36:45 2004] : ** (1) Huerney heads for the academy **
[Thu Jun 24 21:37:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: After a minute I renew the spell
[Thu Jun 24 21:37:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu Jun 24 21:37:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Ghost Sound ( level 0, "Figment sounds." )
[Thu Jun 24 21:37:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Good eh?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:37:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Nerin and grins **
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:00 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella grins widely **
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:08 2004] : (5) DM: You enter the academy where stable hands stable your horses for you. The guards seem more alert and attentive this time. Though they recognize you and let you in.
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:11 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Who's the show-oof now eh?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Just don't want to trample any citizens"
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:37 2004] : ** (4) Nerin lifts the 'parcel' and carries it **
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:41 2004] : (5) DM: Who are you seeing first? Bredril or going straight to the top?
[Thu Jun 24 21:38:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "they know that a noble won'ty avoid them, so I'm just using that idea"
[Thu Jun 24 21:39:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc who is Bredril?? The one who warned us about Selle?
[Thu Jun 24 21:40:00 2004] : (5) DM: ooc Bredril is master of the Evocation tower and yes, he warned you about Selle.
[Thu Jun 24 21:40:18 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc I suggest we visit him first
[Thu Jun 24 21:40:44 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Lets go see that Bredril one. See what he thinks"
[Thu Jun 24 21:41:25 2004] : ** (3) Marnak is walking tall, but somehow seeming to attract a little less attention than normal **
[Thu Jun 24 21:41:25 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Yes, it's always good to see a friendly face"
[Thu Jun 24 21:42:26 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Which way was it?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:42:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "maybe we should see if he'll come to see (head honcho??)"
[Thu Jun 24 21:42:44 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Yeah, good idea"
[Thu Jun 24 21:42:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney is crap at directions **
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:08 2004] : (5) DM: Evocation tower is the one with iron shutters
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, off we go then..."
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:31 2004] : (5) DM: and sooty round the edges.
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:52 2004] : ** (3) Marnak brushes road dust off his cloak **
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:54 2004] : ** (4) Nerin lets someone who knows the way lead **
[Thu Jun 24 21:43:54 2004] : ** (1) Huerney helps Nerin with the package **
[Thu Jun 24 21:44:02 2004] : (5) DM: Moments later. Bredril admits you into his office.
[Thu Jun 24 21:44:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, is that it?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:44:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Surprise, it's your favourite wizard, brought to you in corpse form"
[Thu Jun 24 21:44:53 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Ah. You've returned. Any sucess? Council meeting have been very tense as of late with 2 of the members missing."
[Thu Jun 24 21:44:58 2004] : ** (4) Nerin lays the corpse on a desk and uncovers the head **
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Jokes aside, she was doing some nasty necromantic stuff up on the moors"
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:11 2004] : ** (4) Nerin looks up **
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:17 2004] : (4) Nerin: "2 missing?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:36 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Necromantic stuff? Please explain? And do you have additional evidence?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at Nerin **
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:49 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Who was missing apart from Selle?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:45:54 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shows her hands and robes **
[Thu Jun 24 21:46:02 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella digs out the spellbook and other items **
[Thu Jun 24 21:46:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: The I show him the paraphanalia that we found with her
[Thu Jun 24 21:46:44 2004] : ** (1) Huerney waves at the stuff Holly has **
[Thu Jun 24 21:47:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "She wasn't too happy to see us, but was overconfident that she could defeat us"
[Thu Jun 24 21:47:31 2004] : ** (5) Bredril flicks through the book before closing it with a snap." **
[Thu Jun 24 21:47:31 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "And as you can see she couldn't "
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:01 2004] : (5) Bredril: "This contains what I believe are a number of proscribed practices."
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We couldn't understand any of it"
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:29 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "You couldn't"
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:42 2004] : (5) Bredril: "But I fail to see the significance of this box. Do you perhaps have an explanation?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, maybe"
[Thu Jun 24 21:48:45 2004] : ** (1) Huerney grins **
[Thu Jun 24 21:49:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc after 3 1/2 weeks I can't remember the box"
[Thu Jun 24 21:49:23 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc lol
[Thu Jun 24 21:49:42 2004] : (5) Bredril: A small wooden box containing assorted needles and dyes.
[Thu Jun 24 21:50:22 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Means nothing to me, but then none of it did"
[Thu Jun 24 21:50:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc would I be able to guess... "I think she was using it to tattoo sigils of power on the undead that she controlled"
[Thu Jun 24 21:50:43 2004] : (1) Huerney: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Thu Jun 24 21:50:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jun 24 21:50:57 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Spell-sitched undead? Are you sure?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:51:06 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "It looks like something used to make tattoos or something"
[Thu Jun 24 21:51:27 2004] : (5) Bredril: (looks a bit worried)
[Thu Jun 24 21:51:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc did I say that?
[Thu Jun 24 21:51:37 2004] : (4) Nerin: "is that bad?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:52:12 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Is that bad? Undead are bad enough but undead that cast spells is worse as you can well imagine."
[Thu Jun 24 21:52:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: "well, we noticed"
[Thu Jun 24 21:52:31 2004] : (3) Marnak: "And I've had enough of those to last me a while!"
[Thu Jun 24 21:52:38 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Oh I suppose it would be worse"
[Thu Jun 24 21:52:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "thankfully I avoided harm from them, but the others were not as fortunate"
[Thu Jun 24 21:53:31 2004] : (1) Huerney: "they were ghasts that could use spells, the sigils glowed as a spell was cast"
[Thu Jun 24 21:53:55 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We all survived, the necromancer died and there was no permanent harm done, that's the main thing"
[Thu Jun 24 21:54:03 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Oh, I wondered what that was all about"
[Thu Jun 24 21:54:05 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc brb
[Thu Jun 24 21:54:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, one necromancer died Holly, we know Selle had a lover, the head of thew school of necromancy"
[Thu Jun 24 21:54:56 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "One down, one to go"
[Thu Jun 24 21:55:11 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Yes. A good result. Enough I think to present to the council and perhaps even enough to make them sit up and take notice."
[Thu Jun 24 21:55:35 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "But what to d next? Present Selle's body to someone else?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:55:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I soooo hope so"
[Thu Jun 24 21:56:01 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Do you want us to appear to the council as well?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:56:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: "So did you say who else was missing? Or did you mean the necromancer?"
[Thu Jun 24 21:56:36 2004] : (5) Bredril: "I will present the evidence to the council where I will ensure the passing of a resolution to search Selle and Nerak's offices and chambers for further evidence."
[Thu Jun 24 21:56:37 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Getting her corpse past the guard was no mean feat though, i can tell you"
[Thu Jun 24 21:57:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney thinks of the great item room, possibly drooling slightly **
[Thu Jun 24 21:57:31 2004] : (3) Marnak: "He's not bad, this one. He deserves credit for his actions."
[Thu Jun 24 21:58:10 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We did do what we set out for and yes, it was a hard task to accomplish"
[Thu Jun 24 21:58:11 2004] : ** (1) Huerney disturbs from his reverie **
[Thu Jun 24 21:58:20 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc back
[Thu Jun 24 21:59:11 2004] : (5) Bredril: ooc rewards? Bah. Adventurers these days. Always wanting more, more!
[Thu Jun 24 21:59:23 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jun 24 21:59:24 2004] : (4) Nerin: "If i hadn't been for the .... help, it might've been a different story"
[Thu Jun 24 22:00:32 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Even with the ... help, we did most of the work if you remember, Nerin"
[Thu Jun 24 22:00:38 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella smiles at Nerin **
[Thu Jun 24 22:00:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney digs Nerin in the ribs **
[Thu Jun 24 22:00:47 2004] : (5) Bredril: "I'm afraid I cannot authorize a substatial reward but perhaps a small token from this Tower would be acceptable?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:01:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Hmm, what sort of token?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:01:27 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "We were happy to just help, but anything else would be mosst welcome"
[Thu Jun 24 22:01:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Remember we still have Nerak to overcome"
[Thu Jun 24 22:01:47 2004] : (3) Marnak: ooc mosssst wellllcomme.... my precioussss!
[Thu Jun 24 22:02:05 2004] : (2) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Thu Jun 24 22:02:20 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Yes, we're not done yet"
[Thu Jun 24 22:02:24 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Let's see..." (riffles through the clutter in the office)
[Thu Jun 24 22:02:55 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Ah yes... (unearths a scroll)
[Thu Jun 24 22:03:51 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella watches Bredril closely **
[Thu Jun 24 22:04:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc aaarrgh abi dalzim's aargh, just when we thought he was our friend!
[Thu Jun 24 22:05:22 2004] : (5) Bredril: (rifles some more)
[Thu Jun 24 22:06:05 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Ah. ha." Pick up a potion bottle filled with a orangy-red fluid.
[Thu Jun 24 22:06:22 2004] : ** (3) Marnak shifts slightly so he's side-on to Bredril **
[Thu Jun 24 22:07:34 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at the potion puzzled **
[Thu Jun 24 22:07:58 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Oh. I'd forgotted I had this. (holding up a gem)"
[Thu Jun 24 22:08:09 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Bit worn out I think but still has some use."
[Thu Jun 24 22:08:45 2004] : ** (4) Nerin takes it **
[Thu Jun 24 22:08:50 2004] : (4) Nerin: "What is it?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:08:53 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella is itching to get her hands on that scroll **
[Thu Jun 24 22:08:53 2004] : (5) Bredril: He hands over the items. They are: 1 scroll of chain lightning. 1 potion of firebreath and 1 gem of brightness (mostly depleted: 10 charges left)
[Thu Jun 24 22:09:45 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm what's the gem do?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:10:26 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Emits a bright blinding light on command. Either a ray or a cone."
[Thu Jun 24 22:11:30 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella studies the scroll and smiles as she reads it **
[Thu Jun 24 22:12:00 2004] : ** (4) Nerin tosses the gem to heurney **
[Thu Jun 24 22:12:24 2004] : (5) Bredril: "Now I must prepare for the council. If you'll excuse me? I will keep you informed of any progress."
[Thu Jun 24 22:12:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, thanks, me studies it a bit"
[Thu Jun 24 22:12:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We'll be at the pointy hat"
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:03 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Thank you and goodbye, Bredril"
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc was that the one that didn't get trashed? or was that the crooked staff?
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:12 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella bows and leaves **
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:21 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Do you want to keep the body, of will we take it?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:35 2004] : (4) Nerin: ooc *or will...
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:47 2004] : (5) Bredril: "I will see to the body."
[Thu Jun 24 22:13:55 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "I don't want to take it along with us"
[Thu Jun 24 22:14:00 2004] : ** (2) Hollyella grimaces **
[Thu Jun 24 22:14:08 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Fine with me"
[Thu Jun 24 22:14:12 2004] : ** (1) Huerney fiddles with the stone and produces a 10 foot long beam of light **
[Thu Jun 24 22:14:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Oooh, it's like a torch"
[Thu Jun 24 22:14:40 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Hey! watch what you're doing with that thing"
[Thu Jun 24 22:15:34 2004] : (3) Marnak: "Yes, do be careful."
[Thu Jun 24 22:15:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "this beam is harmless, and seemingly works whenever I want without depleting the power"
[Thu Jun 24 22:16:13 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Ah, handy"
[Thu Jun 24 22:16:36 2004] : (2) Hollyella: "Without depleting it? Are you sure?"
[Thu Jun 24 22:16:58 2004] : ** (5) Bredril coughs politely and indicates the door. **
[Thu Jun 24 22:17:09 2004] : ** (4) Nerin heads out **
[Thu Jun 24 22:17:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Yeah"
[Thu Jun 24 22:17:31 2004] : (4) Nerin: "Goodbye Bredril"
[Thu Jun 24 22:17:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney goes and gets horsey **
[Thu Jun 24 22:17:58 2004] : ** (3) Marnak bows, waving his cloak and incidentally showing some of the heavy gold embroidery on it. **
[Thu Jun 24 22:18:44 2004] : (5) Bredril: GAME END