Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 24 May 2004

[Mon May 24 19:14:38 2004] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Mon May 24 19:15:10 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Today's session is inspired by Thief.
[Mon May 24 19:15:22 2004] : ** (1) Huerney rests from 3 until 11pm **
[Mon May 24 19:15:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc What thief? ;)
[Mon May 24 19:15:42 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ah! Nice and refreshed"
[Mon May 24 19:15:55 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: INdeed, that Inn was a good one Huerney
[Mon May 24 19:15:57 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes a couple of hours of rest as well **
[Mon May 24 19:16:00 2004] : (2) DM: ooc The games. Thief: The Dark Project and Thief: The Metal Age.
[Mon May 24 19:16:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I see :)
[Mon May 24 19:16:24 2004] : (2) DM: It appears your inn-smashing reputation hasn't followed you.
[Mon May 24 19:16:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney spends a few minutes playing and concentrating **
[Mon May 24 19:16:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)" )
[Mon May 24 19:17:14 2004] : ** (3) Nerin checks over his equipment **
[Mon May 24 19:17:34 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc bum!
[Mon May 24 19:17:42 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes a look at her book **
[Mon May 24 19:17:50 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc What's wrong?
[Mon May 24 19:18:02 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc crap roll
[Mon May 24 19:18:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc yup
[Mon May 24 19:18:29 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne packs her journal and things **
[Mon May 24 19:18:40 2004] : ** (1) Huerney packs up his belongings **
[Mon May 24 19:18:58 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Need a help with your clank mahine Nerin?"
[Mon May 24 19:19:21 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Could you just tighten it a bit at the back?"
[Mon May 24 19:19:35 2004] : ** (1) Huerney adjusts Nerin's armour **
[Mon May 24 19:19:38 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella checks to see she has all her belongings and is ready to ride out **
[Mon May 24 19:19:39 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets out and waits for the others **
[Mon May 24 19:19:50 2004] : ** (1) Huerney leaves the inn **
[Mon May 24 19:20:08 2004] : ** (3) Nerin does a few stretches to check, and then follows the others **
[Mon May 24 19:20:10 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella follows **
[Mon May 24 19:20:13 2004] : (2) DM: As you leave....
[Mon May 24 19:20:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Are we leaving the horses here until we return from the docks, or taking them with us?"
[Mon May 24 19:20:45 2004] : (2) DM: The innkeper shouts out something to you. "Hey, You know there's a midnight curfew in town, right?"
[Mon May 24 19:20:58 2004] : (3) Nerin: "May as well leave em"
[Mon May 24 19:21:13 2004] : ** (3) Nerin looks at the others **
[Mon May 24 19:21:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, no. Why is that? And what't it mean?"
[Mon May 24 19:22:18 2004] : (2) DM: "Well, what with all these recent troubles the merchant guilds have set a curfew. Stop trouble brewing or something. Daft, if you ask me. Ruining my evening trade."
[Mon May 24 19:22:51 2004] : (3) Nerin: "and who enforces it?"
[Mon May 24 19:23:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And how?"
[Mon May 24 19:23:23 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Odd that the priest never mentioned it"
[Mon May 24 19:23:34 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh great"
[Mon May 24 19:23:46 2004] : (2) DM: "The town militia does a few patrols as do the merchant guilds' guards.""
[Mon May 24 19:24:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Ah, a few patrols"
[Mon May 24 19:24:08 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella smiles **
[Mon May 24 19:24:24 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "And did your friends think about it Holly ?"
[Mon May 24 19:24:47 2004] : (3) Nerin: "I doubt her 'friends' would be that bothered by it"
[Mon May 24 19:24:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Why would they object to the place being left alone at the time of our meeting?" :)
[Mon May 24 19:25:00 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "indeed, but they could have thought about us"
[Mon May 24 19:25:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Exactly why are we all going to meet these people anyway? Are they expecting all of us?"
[Mon May 24 19:25:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Like I told you before, Huerney, you don't have to come if you'd rather not"
[Mon May 24 19:25:46 2004] : ** (3) Nerin waves thanks to the innkeeper and moves away **
[Mon May 24 19:26:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "It's just that I'd like my friends to be with me and they already know who we all are anyway"
[Mon May 24 19:26:15 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'd rather go. We need information. And what with the patrols now, we probably need to stick together"
[Mon May 24 19:26:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'd certainly not go if only Holly is expected"
[Mon May 24 19:26:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "but I'll stick with the rest of the group if we think it's a group invitation"
[Mon May 24 19:26:57 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "She was the one to make the appointment, but Kat did say *we* would be helped"
[Mon May 24 19:26:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "They never mentioned I had to come alone, you saw the letter yourself"
[Mon May 24 19:27:43 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go, we're running out of time"
[Mon May 24 19:27:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We'd better be there before curfew"
[Mon May 24 19:27:50 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella goes in search of the warehouse **
[Mon May 24 19:27:56 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows **
[Mon May 24 19:28:01 2004] : ** (3) Nerin keeps up with the others **
[Mon May 24 19:28:03 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne follows **
[Mon May 24 19:28:18 2004] : (2) Innkeeper: Okay. The docks are easy enough to find -- follow your nose.
[Mon May 24 19:28:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 19:28:33 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "That stench !"
[Mon May 24 19:28:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc better not, my senses are rubbish
[Mon May 24 19:29:00 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc why isn't there a smell skill ?
[Mon May 24 19:29:01 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That's a harbour for you"
[Mon May 24 19:29:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I must be like Beethoven ;)
[Mon May 24 19:29:16 2004] : (2) DM: The warehouse are a row of 6 brickbuilt with tiled rooves and skylights. Large wooden doors open out to the dockside.
[Mon May 24 19:29:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc How about spot stink? ;)
[Mon May 24 19:29:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 19:29:44 2004] : ** That's the Tab key, Dave
[Mon May 24 19:30:33 2004] : (2) DM: In front of the warehouses are groups of hard looking guards in well oiled chainmail and servicable swords -- obviously guarding the contents.
[Mon May 24 19:31:23 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So much for going unnoticed. What's the warehouse ?"
[Mon May 24 19:32:03 2004] : (2) DM: The sun has set and the areas is light with buring torches.
[Mon May 24 19:32:05 2004] : (2) DM: burning
[Mon May 24 19:32:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm not sure I like the look of this. Maybe we're being set up as patsys"
[Mon May 24 19:32:26 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Which warehouse is number 3?"
[Mon May 24 19:32:33 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Hmmm"
[Mon May 24 19:32:39 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shrugs **
[Mon May 24 19:32:56 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella rides up to the guards **
[Mon May 24 19:33:10 2004] : (2) DM: 1, 2, 3 <-- this one, 4, 5, 6. There are numbers on the doors.
[Mon May 24 19:33:17 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Hallo. What's going on here?"
[Mon May 24 19:33:19 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 19:33:24 2004] : (2) DM: Rides? Who the heck took their horse?
[Mon May 24 19:33:40 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc we decided not to take the horses
[Mon May 24 19:33:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc not me, I left mine
[Mon May 24 19:33:55 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I missed that then
[Mon May 24 19:34:03 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks up to the guards **
[Mon May 24 19:34:16 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc /me knocks 2 coconut halves together
[Mon May 24 19:34:33 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc /me supplies the swallow
[Mon May 24 19:34:37 2004] : (2) Gruff guard.: "Push off. You' 'ain't s'pose to be here."
[Mon May 24 19:34:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc come along Patsy... oooh, it's all fitting together now!
[Mon May 24 19:35:02 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "No need for that kind of language"
[Mon May 24 19:35:12 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks off in a huff **
[Mon May 24 19:35:20 2004] : (2) Gruff guard.: "Shove off then, shorty."
[Mon May 24 19:35:22 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc /me is a duck
[Mon May 24 19:35:46 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella turns, looks and walks on again **
[Mon May 24 19:35:54 2004] : (2) Gruff guard.: ooc swallows? ducks? What sort of an aviary is this?
[Mon May 24 19:36:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Monthy Python's :P
[Mon May 24 19:36:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Holy grail
[Mon May 24 19:36:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, there's several options. Talk our way in or sneak in...."
[Mon May 24 19:36:31 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Let me check the back first"
[Mon May 24 19:36:45 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ready for a story Huerney ?"
[Mon May 24 19:36:52 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Theres always the third option, but thats probably not the best idea"
[Mon May 24 19:37:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Not particularly, but you know it usually just comes forth"
[Mon May 24 19:37:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "nope Nerin, not just right now"
[Mon May 24 19:37:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "a bit like vomit"
[Mon May 24 19:37:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That's always the very last resort, Nerin" :)
[Mon May 24 19:37:21 2004] : ** (1) Huerney grins **
[Mon May 24 19:37:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I know, amazing atually, I envy you sometimes"
[Mon May 24 19:37:44 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Nah, the last resort is Run"
[Mon May 24 19:37:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins before disappearing into the shadows **
[Mon May 24 19:37:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Mon May 24 19:38:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Mon May 24 19:38:17 2004] : (2) Gruff guard.: Sneaking round the back, Holly?
[Mon May 24 19:38:21 2004] : ** (1) Huerney just waits in the shadows **
[Mon May 24 19:38:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Wow! The dice are with me tonight
[Mon May 24 19:38:23 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc well there go your good rolls for tonight
[Mon May 24 19:38:24 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne pulls her hood on her head **
[Mon May 24 19:38:28 2004] : (1) Huerney: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
[Mon May 24 19:38:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc :P at Bert
[Mon May 24 19:38:41 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] -> [20,18] = (38)
[Mon May 24 19:38:44 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Yes, DM
[Mon May 24 19:38:47 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [17,19] = (36)
[Mon May 24 19:39:12 2004] : (2) DM: Okay. Round the back is a narrow alley way between the backs of the warehouses and a row of houses.
[Mon May 24 19:39:13 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne kind of disappears in a corner, waiting for Holly to come back **
[Mon May 24 19:39:25 2004] : (2) DM: The alley is filled with crates, rubbish etc.
[Mon May 24 19:39:43 2004] : (2) DM: A lone guard carrying a torch slowly patrols along it.
[Mon May 24 19:40:11 2004] : ** (3) Nerin casually leans against a wall **
[Mon May 24 19:40:33 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella ducks between the rubble as she inches towards warehouse #3 **
[Mon May 24 19:40:46 2004] : (2) DM: Those with low-light or dark-vision can see the backs of the warehouse have doors and small, grubby windows, Drainpipes lead up to the roof at intervals.
[Mon May 24 19:41:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc /me sings to inspire competence "Hide really well, hide away, sneaky thief" like Order of the Stick :D
[Mon May 24 19:41:12 2004] : (2) DM: Guard is walking away at the moment between 4 and 5.
[Mon May 24 19:41:25 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Thank you, knid bard ;)
[Mon May 24 19:41:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: kind
[Mon May 24 19:42:20 2004] : (2) DM: Another move silently roll please Holly
[Mon May 24 19:42:26 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Mon May 24 19:42:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Darn
[Mon May 24 19:42:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney is waiting at the end out of sight **
[Mon May 24 19:43:10 2004] : (2) DM: You kick something loose with your foot and it strikes at pile of crates that topple with a crash.
[Mon May 24 19:43:30 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella stops and looks at the drainpipes **
[Mon May 24 19:43:40 2004] : (2) DM: The guard turns and says. "What was that noise?" Before moving towards you.
[Mon May 24 19:43:45 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc need an 'imitate cat' skill
[Mon May 24 19:43:46 2004] : (2) DM: He draws his sword.
[Mon May 24 19:43:48 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella miaows **
[Mon May 24 19:44:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc screech, not miaow, LOL
[Mon May 24 19:44:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc It works in BG :P
[Mon May 24 19:44:46 2004] : (2) Guard: "Nothing now. Musta been a cat."
[Mon May 24 19:44:55 2004] : (2) Guard: he turns back and resumes his patrol
[Mon May 24 19:45:21 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella sighs (inaudibly) and waits until the guard is a bit further away **
[Mon May 24 19:45:24 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne watches the whole scene from far away, not really understanding what is going on **
[Mon May 24 19:45:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Mon May 24 19:45:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Have I reached the warehouse yet?
[Mon May 24 19:45:56 2004] : (2) Guard: Moving somewhere?
[Mon May 24 19:46:08 2004] : (2) Guard: You're at number 2.
[Mon May 24 19:46:23 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc OK, moving cautiously along
[Mon May 24 19:46:53 2004] : (2) Guard: You reach Number 3 without further mishap.
[Mon May 24 19:47:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc BTW, +2 to move silenty because of my familiar
[Mon May 24 19:47:24 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks and listens at one of the windows **
[Mon May 24 19:47:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Mon May 24 19:47:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Mon May 24 19:48:33 2004] : (2) Guard: It's dark inside and the window is really grubby and small. Can't see much but towers of crates and some stairs climbing upwards.
[Mon May 24 19:49:04 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella scratches at the door **
[Mon May 24 19:49:07 2004] : (2) Guard: No sounds either except for the sounds of the guard and the background city noises.
[Mon May 24 19:49:29 2004] : (2) Guard: k.
[Mon May 24 19:49:48 2004] : (2) Guard: nothing happens.
[Mon May 24 19:49:58 2004] : (2) Guard: Listen check.
[Mon May 24 19:50:39 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Mon May 24 19:51:01 2004] : (2) Guard: You hear the guard turn around at the end of his patrol and walk back towards you.
[Mon May 24 19:51:20 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella ducks between the crates again **
[Mon May 24 19:51:30 2004] : (2) Guard: Hide check
[Mon May 24 19:51:43 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
[Mon May 24 19:52:17 2004] : (2) Guard: He walks past and nears warehouse 1 where Nerin is (apprently?) lounging against the wall.
[Mon May 24 19:52:32 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc are we not round the front?
[Mon May 24 19:53:13 2004] : (2) Guard: ooc Um. Okay. My mistake. I though you followed and waited near the alleyway entrance,
[Mon May 24 19:54:23 2004] : (2) Guard: Hollyella, doing anything now the guard is past you?
[Mon May 24 19:54:24 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm at the corner
[Mon May 24 19:54:53 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc since I was watching the thing from afar
[Mon May 24 19:55:00 2004] : (2) Guard: "Hey! What are you doing 'ere. You're not suppose to be 'ere."
[Mon May 24 19:55:20 2004] : (2) Guard: (that was to Ayhlanne)
[Mon May 24 19:55:21 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I'm hiding a lot mind you
[Mon May 24 19:55:41 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella starts climbing the drainpipe **
[Mon May 24 19:55:41 2004] : (2) Guard: ooc k. He doesn't spot you then,
[Mon May 24 19:55:44 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Mon May 24 19:55:52 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2 for climber's kit
[Mon May 24 19:57:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I *really* need new dice
[Mon May 24 19:57:16 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne tries to spot what verybody is doing in that back alley (guard and holly) **
[Mon May 24 19:57:23 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
[Mon May 24 19:57:58 2004] : (2) Guard: The iron pipe is rusty and flaky and provides a very poor grip but with a bit of effort you make it half way up...
[Mon May 24 19:58:02 2004] : (2) Guard: Another climb check.
[Mon May 24 19:58:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Mon May 24 19:58:25 2004] : (2) Guard: You clamber the rest of the way up and on to the roof.
[Mon May 24 19:58:58 2004] : (2) DM: The roofs have several large glass skylights in them.
[Mon May 24 19:59:24 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks for a way to open the skylights **
[Mon May 24 19:59:31 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Mon May 24 19:59:50 2004] : (2) DM: They look easy enough to pry open.
[Mon May 24 20:00:13 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella opens a skylight **
[Mon May 24 20:00:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Can I attach a rope somewhere?
[Mon May 24 20:00:27 2004] : (2) DM: *Creeeaaak*
[Mon May 24 20:00:48 2004] : (2) DM: No where to attach and rope and it's 30 ft to the ground from the skylight.
[Mon May 24 20:00:49 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella waits and listens **
[Mon May 24 20:00:52 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Mon May 24 20:01:15 2004] : (2) DM: Nothing unusual.
[Mon May 24 20:02:08 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Softly, through the opening: "Hallo"
[Mon May 24 20:02:26 2004] : (2) DM: You wait a bit...
[Mon May 24 20:02:32 2004] : (2) DM: ... no reply.
[Mon May 24 20:02:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella: Casting dancing lights (up to 4 glowing spheres)
[Mon May 24 20:03:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: 1 sphere, through the skylight
[Mon May 24 20:03:30 2004] : (2) DM: k.
[Mon May 24 20:04:04 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Moving it around below and looking at what it reveals
[Mon May 24 20:04:07 2004] : (2) DM: Spot check.
[Mon May 24 20:04:14 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Mon May 24 20:04:26 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2 for familiar
[Mon May 24 20:05:11 2004] : (2) DM: You spot a trap door in one corner. The wood stairs at the back lead up to a walkway and some doors leading to (presumably some offices).
[Mon May 24 20:05:48 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella also looks for a way to get down without a rope **
[Mon May 24 20:07:46 2004] : (2) DM: Not directly below the rear skylight is the walkway that's only 22 ft or so below you. You could attempt to jump through and land on it. If you think you're good enough. Looks like a tricky move though.
[Mon May 24 20:07:52 2004] : (2) DM: 18 ft.
[Mon May 24 20:08:21 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Hmm. 18ft would still hurt though.
[Mon May 24 20:09:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Not risking that with my hitpoints ;)
[Mon May 24 20:09:47 2004] : (2) DM: There's also a beam going left-righ through the centre.
[Mon May 24 20:10:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I can't visualise that, what do you mean exactly?
[Mon May 24 20:10:26 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Hmm. Engineer kicking in. Would nee more beams to support such a roof...
[Mon May 24 20:12:04 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Can I use a grappling hook on one of those beams?
[Mon May 24 20:12:27 2004] : (2) DM: So THere are beam beneath you.
[Mon May 24 20:12:42 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Your DM nearly had a roof that wouldn't stay up :O
[Mon May 24 20:12:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc How far beneath me?
[Mon May 24 20:13:00 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc brb
[Mon May 24 20:13:35 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 20:13:48 2004] : (2) DM: The roof is about 10 ft high so you mean is what? 3 ft below and directly under the edges of the skylight.
[Mon May 24 20:14:04 2004] : (2) DM: Roof is shallower than I drew it.
[Mon May 24 20:14:27 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella attaches a grappling hook to her rope and hooks it on the roof, at the opening of the skylight **
[Mon May 24 20:15:06 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Bah. Could have said you had a grapple before I drew all those beams ;)
[Mon May 24 20:15:17 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 20:15:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I only just remembered, sorry DM
[Mon May 24 20:15:47 2004] : (2) DM: Climbing down?
[Mon May 24 20:15:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella lowers her rope and starts climbing down into the warehouse **
[Mon May 24 20:15:52 2004] : (2) DM: Climb checks.
[Mon May 24 20:16:01 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Mon May 24 20:16:02 2004] : (2) DM: Unknotted rope?
[Mon May 24 20:16:21 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella is tempted to lie **
[Mon May 24 20:16:23 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Nope
[Mon May 24 20:16:49 2004] : (2) DM: You make it 10 ft down. Only another 13 to go. Another roll.
[Mon May 24 20:16:55 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
[Mon May 24 20:17:22 2004] : (2) DM: +2?
[Mon May 24 20:17:42 2004] : (2) DM: For climbing kit.
[Mon May 24 20:17:43 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc If my kit is valid, then yes, +2
[Mon May 24 20:18:03 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Of course it's valid, it's a climb check :)
[Mon May 24 20:18:22 2004] : (2) DM: Yep.
[Mon May 24 20:18:38 2004] : (2) DM: You make it to the ground and land softty.
[Mon May 24 20:18:52 2004] : (2) DM: Stiring up dust from the ground.
[Mon May 24 20:19:57 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella gets out her hooded lantern and lights it (no more glowing sphere) **
[Mon May 24 20:20:20 2004] : (2) DM: k. Then?
[Mon May 24 20:20:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Looking at the ground, checking for footprints
[Mon May 24 20:20:47 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Mon May 24 20:20:58 2004] : (2) DM: Okay. You spot a single set moving from the trapdoor leading to the stairs.
[Mon May 24 20:21:18 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella follows the track **
[Mon May 24 20:21:43 2004] : (2) DM: It leads up to a door.
[Mon May 24 20:21:55 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella listens at the door **
[Mon May 24 20:21:57 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Mon May 24 20:22:00 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Mon May 24 20:22:32 2004] : (2) DM: You press your ear to the door and hear a faint creaking noise.
[Mon May 24 20:23:23 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella knocks softly and stands back, a bit to the side of the door, at the direction it opens to **
[Mon May 24 20:23:39 2004] : (2) DM: Nothing.
[Mon May 24 20:24:05 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella checks the door before trying to open it **
[Mon May 24 20:24:07 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Mon May 24 20:24:16 2004] : (2) DM: Looks like a plain wooden door.
[Mon May 24 20:24:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc No sign of traps or alarms, then?
[Mon May 24 20:24:51 2004] : (2) DM: no.
[Mon May 24 20:25:02 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Hallo"
[Mon May 24 20:25:11 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella tries to open the door **
[Mon May 24 20:25:12 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne wonders what Holly is doing, and goes back to join the others **
[Mon May 24 20:25:22 2004] : (2) DM: The door opens.
[Mon May 24 20:25:35 2004] : (2) DM: Looking inside?
[Mon May 24 20:25:49 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Of course
[Mon May 24 20:25:57 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Mon May 24 20:26:13 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Even with the +1 it's not a lot :(
[Mon May 24 20:26:16 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Mon May 24 20:26:29 2004] : (2) DM: Inside is a desk and a chair. On the chair is a man dressed in black, boots on the desk, hand on dagger.
[Mon May 24 20:26:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Hallo"
[Mon May 24 20:26:41 2004] : (2) Rat: "Ah. You made it.
[Mon May 24 20:27:08 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes. Why was it so difficult to get here without notice?"
[Mon May 24 20:27:13 2004] : (2) Rat: "Tsk, tsk. A lantern is hardly a thief's tool. And those magical lights. Very careless."
[Mon May 24 20:27:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We were expected, weren't we? I didn't want to startle anyone here"
[Mon May 24 20:28:05 2004] : (2) Rat: "However, entry via the roof. No guards alerted and well equipped for the job. Not bad.. for an amatuer."
[Mon May 24 20:28:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Thank you, I guess" :)
[Mon May 24 20:28:57 2004] : (2) Rat: "Now, where's the rest of your party? My sources say there are 4 of you, yes?"
[Mon May 24 20:29:25 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "They're waiting outside, trying not to alarm the guards"
[Mon May 24 20:29:49 2004] : (2) Rat: "Well, fetch them if you like. The guard at the back is one of ours."
[Mon May 24 20:29:55 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 20:30:06 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Right, I'll be right back"
[Mon May 24 20:30:16 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc roflmao
[Mon May 24 20:30:23 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks out and heads to the trapdoor **
[Mon May 24 20:30:48 2004] : (2) Rat: "*Ahem*, The door, perhaps?" (points to the rear door)
[Mon May 24 20:31:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I thought the trapdoor lead down
[Mon May 24 20:31:19 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella walks towards the door **
[Mon May 24 20:31:34 2004] : (2) Rat: The trapdoor leads down but you don't know where to.
[Mon May 24 20:31:51 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Was I on the ground floor already? I believed I was still highes up
[Mon May 24 20:31:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: higher
[Mon May 24 20:32:10 2004] : (2) Rat: ooc It's one big room.
[Mon May 24 20:32:12 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella opens the door and looks for the guard **
[Mon May 24 20:32:21 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc ic
[Mon May 24 20:32:30 2004] : (2) Rat: The guards sees you a pointedly ignores you.
[Mon May 24 20:32:56 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella goes to the corner of the alley **
[Mon May 24 20:33:25 2004] : (2) Rat: k
[Mon May 24 20:33:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Looking for the party
[Mon May 24 20:33:39 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Mon May 24 20:33:41 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Mon May 24 20:33:55 2004] : (2) Rat: They're hanging around somewhere. May be they're reveal themselves.
[Mon May 24 20:34:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Psst"
[Mon May 24 20:34:22 2004] : (3) Nerin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Mon May 24 20:34:23 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at the noise **
[Mon May 24 20:34:28 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Mon May 24 20:34:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc Huenrey can LOOK at a noise ?
[Mon May 24 20:34:47 2004] : (2) Rat: ooc bardic skill?
[Mon May 24 20:34:49 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella sends her cat to fetch them **
[Mon May 24 20:34:54 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 20:35:00 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
[Mon May 24 20:35:14 2004] : (2) Rat: Ayhlanne spots Holly.
[Mon May 24 20:35:24 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne motions to Holly **
[Mon May 24 20:35:35 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne starts going Holly's way **
[Mon May 24 20:35:36 2004] : ** (3) Nerin feels a scratching at his ankle **
[Mon May 24 20:35:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [7,19] = (26)
[Mon May 24 20:35:39 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella motions at Ayhlanne to come over **
[Mon May 24 20:35:44 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] -> [1,18] = (19)
[Mon May 24 20:36:20 2004] : ** (3) Nerin casually slips round the side of the warehouses **
[Mon May 24 20:36:29 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows Nerin **
[Mon May 24 20:36:39 2004] : ** (4) Harimau rubs Nerin's leg and tries to tell him to follow him **
[Mon May 24 20:36:48 2004] : (2) Rat: You eventually gather near the alleyway.with Holly.
[Mon May 24 20:37:17 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "No need to be too secretive here, the guard is on Rat's side"
[Mon May 24 20:37:21 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: (whispers) So ?
[Mon May 24 20:37:29 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "oh, ok"
[Mon May 24 20:37:36 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Are you coming? We're all expected"
[Mon May 24 20:37:39 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Right, lead on then"
[Mon May 24 20:37:55 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella leads on to Rat's room **
[Mon May 24 20:37:59 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows **
[Mon May 24 20:38:51 2004] : (2) Rat: Rat is still lounging on his chair.
[Mon May 24 20:38:59 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne follows **
[Mon May 24 20:39:06 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What took you so long ? "
[Mon May 24 20:39:10 2004] : (2) Rat: "Ah, come in, come in."
[Mon May 24 20:39:11 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: (to Holly)
[Mon May 24 20:39:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Rat, may I introduce my friends to you?"
[Mon May 24 20:39:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I had to get in first, nobody opened the door for me" :)
[Mon May 24 20:40:27 2004] : (2) Rat: "No need, I can recognize, Ayhlanne, the demoness with the bow, Nerin, the short but mighty dwarf, and Huerney, the, um, talanted? bard."
[Mon May 24 20:40:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Whatever, thief"
[Mon May 24 20:40:42 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne smiles **
[Mon May 24 20:40:47 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "sdemoness, no less"
[Mon May 24 20:40:55 2004] : ** (3) Nerin says nothing **
[Mon May 24 20:41:01 2004] : (2) Rat: "The reports I've been hearing about you make for interesting reading. WHat can I do for you?"
[Mon May 24 20:41:13 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Information"
[Mon May 24 20:41:16 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Huerney, Rat is almost as good with words as you are" :)
[Mon May 24 20:41:27 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We need information on what is going on exactly, who to trust and who not to trust"
[Mon May 24 20:41:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc brb
[Mon May 24 20:41:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney just looks at Holly **
[Mon May 24 20:41:56 2004] : (2) Rat: *dry chuckle* "Well, trusted the thieve's guild would be a very bad start. As I'm sure you're most aware."
[Mon May 24 20:42:41 2004] : (2) Rat: "I can tell you who not to trust but I suspect you're aware of that already."
[Mon May 24 20:42:56 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Selle ?"
[Mon May 24 20:42:58 2004] : (2) Rat: "Magical attacks in the night ring any bells?"
[Mon May 24 20:43:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc back
[Mon May 24 20:43:36 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "They do, and those bells say Selle to me"
[Mon May 24 20:43:43 2004] : (2) Rat: "Yes. It's generally a bad idea to trust those out to kill you."
[Mon May 24 20:43:45 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "bells indeed"
[Mon May 24 20:43:54 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella laughs **
[Mon May 24 20:44:02 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What are her interests in all this ?"
[Mon May 24 20:44:05 2004] : (2) Rat: "Or perhaps, it's better to trust those out to kill you to do exactly that."
[Mon May 24 20:45:13 2004] : (2) Rat: "Ah. Motives. Those are unclear at this point. She has sides with thoses allied to the duke. What why? I cannot say."
[Mon May 24 20:45:43 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What's with the Duke then ?"
[Mon May 24 20:45:51 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What's driving him ?"
[Mon May 24 20:45:54 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Any sign of more wealth? Or more power?"
[Mon May 24 20:46:46 2004] : (2) Rat: "The duke? Well, he's quite mad. A most unfortunate situation when one has to do business with him (albeit in an indirect manner *another dry chuckle*)"
[Mon May 24 20:47:08 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "mad ?"
[Mon May 24 20:47:21 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I keep hearing this, but I can't make out what or who makes him mad"
[Mon May 24 20:47:47 2004] : (2) Rat: "Oh yes. Very much so. Excessively paranoid. Got patrols and polices all over the place. Breath wrong and you breath no more."
[Mon May 24 20:48:22 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Why ?"
[Mon May 24 20:48:26 2004] : (2) Rat: "Or so I hear. Not having operated in Lukern for quite some time."
[Mon May 24 20:48:42 2004] : (2) Rat: "Why is he mad?"
[Mon May 24 20:48:58 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Mon May 24 20:50:16 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Why, why why...I see all the madness, but I see no reason for the madness, and that is bothering me"
[Mon May 24 20:50:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at his fingernails **
[Mon May 24 20:50:28 2004] : (2) Rat: "Slow Poisons? Arcane influence? One can speculate on all sorts of nefarious reasons. But no hard facts exsist."
[Mon May 24 20:50:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Do you know who's definitely *not* on his side, here and in Lukern?"
[Mon May 24 20:50:37 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "ok"
[Mon May 24 20:51:05 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: " We need to stop him, and as I understand it, this is also your idea. I hear business has been pretty bad lately"
[Mon May 24 20:51:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: "and the reason you feel you want to share all this information with us?"
[Mon May 24 20:51:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Not from charity I'm sure"
[Mon May 24 20:51:51 2004] : (2) Rat: "Business has been shocking. No movement of goods make for very few oppurtunities for... *ahem*"
[Mon May 24 20:52:59 2004] : (2) Rat: "I share information because you come highly regarded from certains parts of the Guild. And it serves my interests too, as you no doubt suspected."
[Mon May 24 20:53:01 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Redistribution of wealth" ;)
[Mon May 24 20:53:12 2004] : (2) Rat: "Quite."
[Mon May 24 20:54:19 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "So how is Kat these days?"
[Mon May 24 20:55:00 2004] : (2) Rat: "As alive and sneaky as ever as I understand. She rarely visits such a backwater as this place."
[Mon May 24 20:55:21 2004] : (2) Rat: "Now, we were discussing mutual enemys."
[Mon May 24 20:55:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I bet, she always preferred the bigger cities" ;)
[Mon May 24 20:55:48 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "So what can you tell us that's useful?"
[Mon May 24 20:56:24 2004] : (2) Rat: "I've already mentioned Selle but there is another in that Academy that has fled for promises of wealth or power. Nerak. Head of the Necromantic school."
[Mon May 24 20:56:59 2004] : ** (1) Huerney rolls his eyes **
[Mon May 24 20:57:02 2004] : (2) Rat: "Rather obvious when you think about it. All that black probably does something to the brain. (glances at his own black clothes with a grin)."
[Mon May 24 20:57:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: ""ndeed"
[Mon May 24 20:57:39 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella grins back **
[Mon May 24 20:57:49 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Well that fits with what we've ... encountered"
[Mon May 24 20:58:09 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "According to what we heard it makes sense that he would be involved"
[Mon May 24 20:58:25 2004] : (2) Rat: "You have information I do not? Little has been heard of this Nerak."
[Mon May 24 20:58:33 2004] : (2) Rat: (looks a bit miffed at that)
[Mon May 24 20:59:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Not about Nerak specifically, just about involvement of necromancers"
[Mon May 24 20:59:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney raises an eybrow, but says nothing **
[Mon May 24 21:00:03 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks at Huerney quizzingly **
[Mon May 24 21:00:13 2004] : (2) Rat: "Yes....?"
[Mon May 24 21:00:14 2004] : (3) Nerin: "We encountered some....one who knows even more about the dead than this Nerak"
[Mon May 24 21:00:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "A lot more, in fact" :)
[Mon May 24 21:00:47 2004] : (2) Rat: "Oh?"
[Mon May 24 21:00:50 2004] : ** (1) Huerney shrugs **
[Mon May 24 21:01:03 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella recounts the meeting with the Keeper **
[Mon May 24 21:01:35 2004] : ** (2) Rat looks rather sceptical. **
[Mon May 24 21:01:35 2004] : ** (1) Huerney remains silent **
[Mon May 24 21:02:38 2004] : (2) Rat: "Right... Anything else you require?"
[Mon May 24 21:03:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, actually. We need to convince Uluron of Selle's inanity"
[Mon May 24 21:03:26 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Can you help us give him proof of her "bad side" "?
[Mon May 24 21:03:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Or untrustworthiness"
[Mon May 24 21:04:09 2004] : (2) Rat: "I'd investiagte whether she has any connections with this Nerak. See if you can find a link."
[Mon May 24 21:04:29 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Where do we start ?"
[Mon May 24 21:04:58 2004] : (3) Nerin: "We could go find Nerak"
[Mon May 24 21:05:20 2004] : (2) Rat: "Hmmm. Tricky that. I wouldn't recommend rifling her rooms in the Academy that's for sure."
[Mon May 24 21:05:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Before 1am?"
[Mon May 24 21:05:45 2004] : (2) Rat: ooc before 1 am? Eh?
[Mon May 24 21:05:57 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Our next appointment
[Mon May 24 21:06:00 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc before we get the cleric
[Mon May 24 21:06:11 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "What then ?"
[Mon May 24 21:06:59 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella feels like saying: "I told you we should leave in the morning and not at night", but refrains **
[Mon May 24 21:07:30 2004] : (2) Rat: "I'm afraid I'm not really sure. Wizards aren't really Thieve's Guild business. (looks a bit annoyed)"
[Mon May 24 21:08:00 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I see, what's your business then ? And what support are we to expect from you ?"
[Mon May 24 21:08:06 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Well lets just go, and see what happens then, eh?"
[Mon May 24 21:08:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "if any"
[Mon May 24 21:08:14 2004] : (2) Rat: "Reports indicates that she leaves the town occasionaly in the evening and returns early in the morning."
[Mon May 24 21:08:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Or indeed ours. Leave the folls to their folly. We have things to do"
[Mon May 24 21:08:24 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh, and another thing, how do we get through the curfew without problems ?"
[Mon May 24 21:09:02 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Could we use some kind of pass or something?"
[Mon May 24 21:09:10 2004] : (2) Rat: "Curfew? I'd hadn't even noticed *chuckle*. The guards are not very alert. You should have no problem dodging them."
[Mon May 24 21:09:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks at clanky the dwarf **
[Mon May 24 21:09:39 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 21:09:48 2004] : (2) Rat: "Even the dwarf. Yes. They're that bad."
[Mon May 24 21:09:56 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK"
[Mon May 24 21:09:57 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Hey!"
[Mon May 24 21:10:03 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go then"
[Mon May 24 21:10:04 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella chuckles **
[Mon May 24 21:10:16 2004] : ** (1) Huerney remains humourless **
[Mon May 24 21:10:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That's just about your armour, Nerin, not about you"
[Mon May 24 21:10:33 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella smiles **
[Mon May 24 21:10:52 2004] : ** (1) Huerney leaves without turning his back on the thief **
[Mon May 24 21:11:10 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella thanks Rat and bids him goodbye **
[Mon May 24 21:11:19 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "See you later"
[Mon May 24 21:11:27 2004] : ** (3) Nerin leaves after Huerney **
[Mon May 24 21:11:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella retrieves her rope before leaving the building **
[Mon May 24 21:11:55 2004] : (2) Rat: How exactly?
[Mon May 24 21:12:19 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Trying to loosen the hook from below
[Mon May 24 21:12:46 2004] : (2) DM: Okay. You shake the rope and the grapple dislodges and plummets to the ground....
[Mon May 24 21:12:49 2004] : (2) DM: Reflex save.
[Mon May 24 21:13:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Mon May 24 21:13:47 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella puts the ropen and hook away **
[Mon May 24 21:14:14 2004] : (2) DM: You dodge out the way of the falling, spikey metal and and it lands with a loud clank.
[Mon May 24 21:14:31 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella puts the rope and hook away **
[Mon May 24 21:14:32 2004] : (2) DM: ooc that won't get you many gold stars from the guild.
[Mon May 24 21:14:40 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 21:14:43 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Too bad
[Mon May 24 21:14:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc who cares, she's training as a amge now
[Mon May 24 21:14:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc mage
[Mon May 24 21:15:56 2004] : (2) DM: ooc heh.
[Mon May 24 21:16:08 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella goes to the door and opens it, looking back longingly at the trapdoor **
[Mon May 24 21:16:16 2004] : (2) DM: Leaving via the back door and heading back to the inn to plot?
[Mon May 24 21:16:36 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc must be nearly time to pick up the priest
[Mon May 24 21:16:53 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Oh...I forgot to ask something"
[Mon May 24 21:16:58 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Going back to the inn at least, we'll need our mounts
[Mon May 24 21:16:58 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne rushes back in building **
[Mon May 24 21:17:15 2004] : (1) Huerney: "What now? Can I kiss your arse for you?"
[Mon May 24 21:17:19 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella follows Ayhlanne, too curious to stay back **
[Mon May 24 21:17:22 2004] : ** (1) Huerney walks away **
[Mon May 24 21:17:35 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Rat ? Do you know this ?
[Mon May 24 21:17:42 2004] : ** (3) Nerin sniggers **
[Mon May 24 21:17:42 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Ooo. Someone is grumpy.
[Mon May 24 21:17:47 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne shows rat the drawing she made of the bird in flight **
[Mon May 24 21:17:55 2004] : (2) DM: Rat isn't there anymore.
[Mon May 24 21:18:02 2004] : (3) Nerin: "weren't too impressed were you?"
[Mon May 24 21:18:02 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: dammit
[Mon May 24 21:18:06 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne comes out again **
[Mon May 24 21:18:16 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Damned"
[Mon May 24 21:18:23 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks at Ayhlanne's face and smiles **
[Mon May 24 21:18:25 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: I forgot to ask the most inmportant thing
[Mon May 24 21:18:34 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne goes to the guard **
[Mon May 24 21:18:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "What's that?"
[Mon May 24 21:18:45 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Do you know this ?"
[Mon May 24 21:18:46 2004] : (1) Huerney: "You know, I can't think of a more objectionable group of people that we should associate with"
[Mon May 24 21:18:46 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella follows **
[Mon May 24 21:19:04 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne shows the guard the drawing she made of the bird in flight **
[Mon May 24 21:19:16 2004] : (2) DM: Guard is still ignoring you.
[Mon May 24 21:19:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I don't know why we don't just bunk with that necromancer"
[Mon May 24 21:19:29 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shrugs and leaves **
[Mon May 24 21:19:31 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I think you're right Huerney"
[Mon May 24 21:19:40 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let us go"
[Mon May 24 21:19:49 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc bunk???
[Mon May 24 21:20:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc get in bed with
[Mon May 24 21:20:49 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I knew the word meant that, I just didn't get the connection in that sentence
[Mon May 24 21:21:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "So, where to ? The temple ?"
[Mon May 24 21:21:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, I love the way you just tell them everything. Great plan for people you find objectionable"
[Mon May 24 21:21:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "At least with thieves we know where we stand, squarely against the duke"
[Mon May 24 21:21:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I don't trust a word he said"
[Mon May 24 21:21:50 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I do talk way too much, I asked more questions than I talked this time"
[Mon May 24 21:22:02 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Not that he answered them"
[Mon May 24 21:22:07 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Tell them all what? We didn't tell him much he didn't know already"
[Mon May 24 21:22:09 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I'll give you that"
[Mon May 24 21:22:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, OK, I trust all the words, just not the sentences that they formed"
[Mon May 24 21:22:25 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella laughes **
[Mon May 24 21:22:31 2004] : (3) Nerin: "I dont think either side learnt much from that meeting"
[Mon May 24 21:22:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: "And I would have had it that we told him nothing he didn't know"
[Mon May 24 21:22:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Agreed Nerin"
[Mon May 24 21:22:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Those are wise words, my friend"
[Mon May 24 21:22:58 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Never mind, let us just GO"
[Mon May 24 21:23:03 2004] : (1) Huerney: "He's only giving whatever information to us that he thinks will help them get their aims"
[Mon May 24 21:23:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "It doesn't hurt to let them know we're backed by a very powerful entify, does it?"
[Mon May 24 21:23:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: entity
[Mon May 24 21:23:34 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I say we go to the temple, back on the hills try to find out there what is going on, and then maybe come back and confound Selle"
[Mon May 24 21:23:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "or the oather way around ?"
[Mon May 24 21:23:49 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Hills first"
[Mon May 24 21:23:59 2004] : (3) Nerin: "We'll learn nothing more down here"
[Mon May 24 21:24:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: "It helps for them to know nothing, and since when did we think we were backed by him??"
[Mon May 24 21:24:00 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's keep our appointment first of all"
[Mon May 24 21:24:19 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne starts going towards the temple **
[Mon May 24 21:24:28 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Let's just go"
[Mon May 24 21:24:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I didn't say we were, I just said it might be a good idea letting others think that"
[Mon May 24 21:24:32 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows **
[Mon May 24 21:24:37 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella follows **
[Mon May 24 21:24:39 2004] : (2) DM: Everyone make listen checks.
[Mon May 24 21:24:42 2004] : ** (3) Nerin heads after them **
[Mon May 24 21:24:45 2004] : (3) Nerin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
[Mon May 24 21:24:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Mon May 24 21:24:53 2004] : (1) Huerney: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [17,-2] = (15)
[Mon May 24 21:25:18 2004] : (2) DM: You all hear the tramp of boots coming towards you from ahead.
[Mon May 24 21:25:27 2004] : (1) Huerney: "No, you said let them know, not let them think"
[Mon May 24 21:25:38 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella retreats into the shadows **
[Mon May 24 21:25:43 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Sht"
[Mon May 24 21:25:48 2004] : ** (3) Nerin tries to hide **
[Mon May 24 21:25:50 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks around, then tries to hide **
[Mon May 24 21:25:52 2004] : (3) Nerin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-5] -> [13,-5] = (8)
[Mon May 24 21:25:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Mon May 24 21:25:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
[Mon May 24 21:26:04 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] -> [6,18] = (24)
[Mon May 24 21:26:07 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [20,19] = (39)
[Mon May 24 21:26:23 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc show off :P
[Mon May 24 21:26:28 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 21:26:30 2004] : (2) DM: Nerin tries to hide behind a lamp post with little success, Huerney "hides" in a lit doorway.
[Mon May 24 21:26:36 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 21:26:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 21:26:44 2004] : (2) DM: Hollyella and Ayhlanne merge wiith the shadows
[Mon May 24 21:26:53 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc There are lampposts?
[Mon May 24 21:27:13 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Only for the comic purposes of Nerin hiding behind one.
[Mon May 24 21:27:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 21:27:22 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc :P
[Mon May 24 21:27:31 2004] : (2) DM: The tramping gets closer.
[Mon May 24 21:28:02 2004] : (2) DM: A group of 4 guards turns a corner and approaches.
[Mon May 24 21:28:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc surely one of you could tell me that I'm totally visible
[Mon May 24 21:28:15 2004] : ** (3) Nerin says I can see you **
[Mon May 24 21:28:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LMAO
[Mon May 24 21:28:27 2004] : ** (1) Huerney tries to hide again **
[Mon May 24 21:28:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Mon May 24 21:28:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc And give ourselves away?
[Mon May 24 21:28:41 2004] : (2) DM: ooc guards are counting.... 45... 46...47...
[Mon May 24 21:28:53 2004] : (2) DM: ooc 98...99... 100...
[Mon May 24 21:28:58 2004] : (3) Nerin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-5] -> [10,-5] = (5)
[Mon May 24 21:29:03 2004] : (2) DM: ooc coming! Ready or Not!
[Mon May 24 21:29:32 2004] : (2) Patrol Leader.: "Oi! You two! Don't you know there's a curfew?"
[Mon May 24 21:29:38 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne silently readies her bow **
[Mon May 24 21:29:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, is this the mended drum?"
[Mon May 24 21:29:58 2004] : (3) Nerin: "What curfew?"
[Mon May 24 21:30:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: Been trying to get innto the inn"
[Mon May 24 21:30:06 2004] : (3) Nerin: (slightly slurred)
[Mon May 24 21:30:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Need my bed"
[Mon May 24 21:30:15 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yay ! finally an In that's neither crooked nor broken !
[Mon May 24 21:30:18 2004] : (2) Patrol Leader.: "There ain't no mended drum in this town."
[Mon May 24 21:30:36 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, something hat, maybe"
[Mon May 24 21:30:38 2004] : (3) Nerin: "hey! maybe thats why the band sounded crap!"
[Mon May 24 21:30:47 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets out of the shadows **
[Mon May 24 21:30:49 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 21:30:50 2004] : ** (3) Nerin laughes **
[Mon May 24 21:30:52 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I'm a bit worse for wear, sorry... hic"
[Mon May 24 21:30:53 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ah ! There you are !"
[Mon May 24 21:30:58 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: (to guards)
[Mon May 24 21:31:00 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shows herself as well **
[Mon May 24 21:31:04 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: excuse them, they're a bit...
[Mon May 24 21:31:06 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: drunk
[Mon May 24 21:31:14 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: There's a curfew ! We told you
[Mon May 24 21:31:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "At last, where have you two been? After the women again?"
[Mon May 24 21:31:29 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks and sounds very angry **
[Mon May 24 21:31:36 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Let us go back to the Crooked Staff"
[Mon May 24 21:31:41 2004] : (2) Patrol Leader.: "You mean the pointed hat. Straight ahead and turn left. Can't miss it. Now get moving. Or I'll have the lot of you locked up."
[Mon May 24 21:31:47 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And right now, buster!"
[Mon May 24 21:31:50 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "We're late, curfew has been on for..."
[Mon May 24 21:31:54 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Err, OK. Thanks"
[Mon May 24 21:32:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: ...hic...
[Mon May 24 21:32:06 2004] : (2) Patrol Leader.: Patrol tramps off.
[Mon May 24 21:32:09 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne takes Huerney by the hand and leads him out of the sight of guards **
[Mon May 24 21:32:11 2004] : (3) Nerin: "busted drum/ mended staff... what is it with names in this town??"
[Mon May 24 21:32:23 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "You'll be soory in the morning, you two, I'll make usre of that"
[Mon May 24 21:32:39 2004] : (2) Patrol Leader.: They tramp off and round a corner.
[Mon May 24 21:32:43 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "OK, to the Temple now"
[Mon May 24 21:32:45 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks horrified at Holly **
[Mon May 24 21:33:04 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Don't ask me...names in this whole region are like this"
[Mon May 24 21:33:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Please tell me you don't mean that, sounded..."
[Mon May 24 21:33:07 2004] : (3) Nerin: "We coulda taken them"
[Mon May 24 21:33:10 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Let's hurry, there's someone waiting for us"
[Mon May 24 21:33:24 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Bah, but no need to kill bozos"
[Mon May 24 21:33:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That was for the patrol, not for you"
[Mon May 24 21:33:41 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella smiles at Huerney **
[Mon May 24 21:33:41 2004] : ** (1) Huerney follows the leader with good navigation skills **
[Mon May 24 21:33:47 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I know it's itching Nerin, but we have no need for more trouble"
[Mon May 24 21:34:05 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne goes straight to the Temple **
[Mon May 24 21:34:08 2004] : (2) DM: You make it to the temple without mishap.
[Mon May 24 21:34:13 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And to just kill people that are trying to do there duty isn't right"
[Mon May 24 21:34:35 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Unless of course their duty is to do evil"
[Mon May 24 21:34:38 2004] : (2) DM: And we're going to have to leave it there. The cleric doesn't actually exist yet....
[Mon May 24 21:34:45 2004] : (3) Nerin: "I wasnt' gonna kill them, just knock em out"
[Mon May 24 21:34:47 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Aww
[Mon May 24 21:34:51 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 21:35:57 2004] : (2) DM: Sorry. Bit of a lame session for most of you. Should have realized a sneaky situation would only involve the sneaker.
[Mon May 24 21:36:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc he doesn't need to fight or anything... just maybe do a few healing spells
[Mon May 24 21:36:14 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc agreed
[Mon May 24 21:36:18 2004] : (4) Hollyella: I didn't mind ;)
[Mon May 24 21:36:49 2004] : (1) Huerney has sent you a tree node...
[Mon May 24 21:37:06 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc maybe a lot of healing spells
[Mon May 24 21:37:17 2004] : (2) DM: Oh. Okay. Carry on then?
[Mon May 24 21:37:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yes pluz :D
[Mon May 24 21:37:34 2004] : (2) DM: To be honest I woke up *far* to early this morning and am a bit sleepy.
[Mon May 24 21:37:50 2004] : (4) Hollyella: How early was that?
[Mon May 24 21:38:05 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: too bad
[Mon May 24 21:38:07 2004] : (2) DM: 0630-ish.
[Mon May 24 21:38:11 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: lol
[Mon May 24 21:38:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Wow, that's early. Trouble sleeping?
[Mon May 24 21:38:42 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc thats about my normal wake-up time :(
[Mon May 24 21:38:57 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I get up at 06.10 most mornings
[Mon May 24 21:38:58 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc that's definitely NOT my wake-iup time
[Mon May 24 21:39:00 2004] : ** (2) DM normally wakes up around 0830 **
[Mon May 24 21:39:15 2004] : (2) DM: Anyway, you're outside the temple.
[Mon May 24 21:39:15 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc including this morning even though I was off :(
[Mon May 24 21:39:27 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc That's too bad
[Mon May 24 21:40:20 2004] : ** (1) Huerney looks for another clanker around the temple **
[Mon May 24 21:40:20 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne knocks on the temple door **
[Mon May 24 21:40:45 2004] : (2) DM: The door creaks open and an unfamiliar face peers around."
[Mon May 24 21:40:54 2004] : (2) DM: "Yes?"
[Mon May 24 21:40:55 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Hallo"
[Mon May 24 21:41:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We're expected"
[Mon May 24 21:41:30 2004] : (2) Priest: "Ah. The party requiring clerical assistance?"
[Mon May 24 21:41:42 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Yes
[Mon May 24 21:41:42 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Yes, that's right"
[Mon May 24 21:41:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Well, more medical. Our finances are OK"
[Mon May 24 21:42:02 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 21:42:07 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc very drool
[Mon May 24 21:42:11 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc droll
[Mon May 24 21:42:27 2004] : (2) Priest: "Eh? Well... I won't be a moment."
[Mon May 24 21:43:00 2004] : (2) Priest: Door closes and moments later the man reappears carry a staff and shouldering a backpack.
[Mon May 24 21:43:03 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We'll be waiting"
[Mon May 24 21:43:16 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Ah?"
[Mon May 24 21:43:20 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks puzzled **
[Mon May 24 21:43:21 2004] : (2) Priest: He'd dressed in plain travelling clothes.
[Mon May 24 21:43:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Allow me to introduce myself: Hollyella Laughingshield"
[Mon May 24 21:43:39 2004] : (2) Priest: ooc forgot his name. one moment....
[Mon May 24 21:43:46 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "You must be..."
[Mon May 24 21:43:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "And these are my friends: Ayhlanne, Nerin and Huerney"
[Mon May 24 21:44:10 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella motions at each of the others in turn **
[Mon May 24 21:44:45 2004] : (2) Priest: "Vyrith."
[Mon May 24 21:44:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Well met, Vyrith"
[Mon May 24 21:45:07 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "We should be moving if we wish to catch the guard change at the south gate."
[Mon May 24 21:45:18 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Umm, you are aware that we're travelling into what may be perilous territory?"
[Mon May 24 21:45:24 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Then we can slip through unnoticed."
[Mon May 24 21:45:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Just you don't appear particularly well armoured"
[Mon May 24 21:46:02 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "I have been briefed on the situation and am well aware of the dangers and I am suitibly prepared."
[Mon May 24 21:46:08 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella feels a bit miffed at that remark **
[Mon May 24 21:46:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ah, that's great"
[Mon May 24 21:46:20 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks at Vyrith's outfit **
[Mon May 24 21:46:26 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Outward appearances can be deciptive, Huerney."
[Mon May 24 21:46:32 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Lead on, fearless one"
[Mon May 24 21:46:35 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne oviously looking for the badge with the bird **
[Mon May 24 21:46:39 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Sure"
[Mon May 24 21:47:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: "will we be able to get our horses past the guard change?"
[Mon May 24 21:47:10 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Yes, out to the open again"
[Mon May 24 21:47:15 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I can't wait"
[Mon May 24 21:47:24 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne moves out and heads for the South gate **
[Mon May 24 21:47:40 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Some action at last, things were getting a bit boring here"
[Mon May 24 21:47:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Horses? Anyone?"
[Mon May 24 21:47:57 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Ah. Horses. Such inconvinient creatures when one must move discreetly."
[Mon May 24 21:48:08 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Still at the inn, AFAIK
[Mon May 24 21:48:21 2004] : (3) Nerin: "But useful, when you have to move far"
[Mon May 24 21:48:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Or fast"
[Mon May 24 21:48:53 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "I assume discretion is required given the late hour of our meeting?
[Mon May 24 21:49:07 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Indeed, if we can sneak past, surely we can ride through"
[Mon May 24 21:49:56 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "No. Riding creates too much noise. Perhaps, you can think of another solution>"
[Mon May 24 21:50:05 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Horses, indeed"
[Mon May 24 21:50:07 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "The hour was due to a previous engagement"
[Mon May 24 21:50:10 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne slaps forehead **
[Mon May 24 21:50:25 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I was so eager to get out of the city"
[Mon May 24 21:50:29 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Fine Ayhlanne, how long exactly did you pay for stabling?"
[Mon May 24 21:50:30 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "What is it, Ayhlanne?"
[Mon May 24 21:50:30 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "In the meanwhile, which Inn are your horses at?"
[Mon May 24 21:50:33 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Well, when the plans were made, we didn't know about the damn curfew"
[Mon May 24 21:50:49 2004] : (1) Huerney: "I prefer Horsey not to end up in the stew!"
[Mon May 24 21:50:55 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "The horses"
[Mon May 24 21:51:44 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Agreed Huerney"
[Mon May 24 21:51:55 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: How are we to pass unnoticed though ? I wonder"
[Mon May 24 21:52:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: "The crooked Staff"
[Mon May 24 21:52:17 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Looks like we'll have to wait til morning after all"
[Mon May 24 21:52:40 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Ah. This way." He leads you down side streets and alleyways, neatly avoiding any patrols.
[Mon May 24 21:53:08 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Nice doing"
[Mon May 24 21:53:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: "We simply wanted to get moving, we weren't trying to gain concealment"
[Mon May 24 21:53:45 2004] : (2) Vyrith: You resting until morning then?
[Mon May 24 21:54:10 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc might as well
[Mon May 24 21:54:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc indeed
[Mon May 24 21:54:45 2004] : (2) Vyrith: 3 rooms, 5 people, who's sleeping with who?
[Mon May 24 21:55:01 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: I'm sleeping with Holly
[Mon May 24 21:55:03 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Me and Ayhlanne I guess
[Mon May 24 21:55:16 2004] : (1) Huerney: Vyrith on his own?
[Mon May 24 21:55:21 2004] : (3) Nerin: aye
[Mon May 24 21:55:36 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Vyrith agrees.
[Mon May 24 21:55:41 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc there's a bat doing it's first flights outside my window
[Mon May 24 21:56:11 2004] : (2) Vyrith: ooc bats are cool. I love the way they fly.
[Mon May 24 21:56:33 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc I just see it whizz past for a fraction of a second
[Mon May 24 21:57:08 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I saw one on the station platform last week
[Mon May 24 21:57:10 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne does not undress and just lies on her bed, writing a bit and then falling asleep **
[Mon May 24 21:57:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney catches up on more sleep **
[Mon May 24 21:57:31 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella tries to get a few hours of sleep **
[Mon May 24 21:57:33 2004] : ** (3) Nerin takes off his armour this time **
[Mon May 24 21:57:37 2004] : (1) Huerney: zzzz
[Mon May 24 21:57:38 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 21:58:08 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Morning.
[Mon May 24 21:58:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: Yawn
[Mon May 24 21:58:51 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne stretches and gets ready in about two seconds **
[Mon May 24 21:58:56 2004] : ** (3) Nerin stretches and gest ready **
[Mon May 24 21:58:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Eagle's Splendor ( level 2, "Increases Charisma by 1d4+1.==> [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)" )
[Mon May 24 21:59:00 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella wakes up **
[Mon May 24 21:59:13 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets out and goes down, gulps a breakfst and goes out **
[Mon May 24 21:59:17 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc getting better
[Mon May 24 21:59:33 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Morning all
[Mon May 24 21:59:42 2004] : ** (1) Huerney gets ready in quick time **
[Mon May 24 21:59:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Right I'm ready for off"
[Mon May 24 21:59:58 2004] : ** (3) Nerin has breakfast, gets his armour on, and gets CC from the stables **
[Mon May 24 22:00:00 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella gets her breakfast down here and catches up on some reading **
[Mon May 24 22:00:23 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Vyrith is already in the taproom eating breakfast.
[Mon May 24 22:00:50 2004] : ** (1) Huerney gets horsey, and packs his stuff onto him **
[Mon May 24 22:01:06 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne does the same with her horse **
[Mon May 24 22:01:10 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne goes back in **
[Mon May 24 22:01:13 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Vyrith ?
[Mon May 24 22:01:17 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: You do have a horse don't you ?
[Mon May 24 22:01:54 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "I'm afraid not. Do you perhaps have a spare?"
[Mon May 24 22:02:03 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella packes and saddles **
[Mon May 24 22:02:32 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Maybe we can buy you one quickly"
[Mon May 24 22:03:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc light horse, saddle, bit and bridle for 87gp
[Mon May 24 22:03:34 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Let's do that, yes"
[Mon May 24 22:03:39 2004] : (2) Vyrith: ooc Yep. Horses are easily purchased
[Mon May 24 22:03:42 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne throws in the 87 GP **
[Mon May 24 22:04:08 2004] : (1) Huerney: "OK, let's go"
[Mon May 24 22:04:15 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella gives Ayhlanne 22 gp **
[Mon May 24 22:04:33 2004] : ** (3) Nerin chips in 22gp **
[Mon May 24 22:04:43 2004] : ** (1) Huerney hands over 22gp **
[Mon May 24 22:05:31 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella mounts and is ready to go **
[Mon May 24 22:05:33 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Oh, thank you
[Mon May 24 22:05:33 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Okay. Riding out and heading for the moors?
[Mon May 24 22:05:41 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yes
[Mon May 24 22:05:44 2004] : (1) Huerney: yup
[Mon May 24 22:05:45 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "I suppose you do know how to ride, Vyrith?"
[Mon May 24 22:05:49 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne mounts and leads the way **
[Mon May 24 22:05:50 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Yep
[Mon May 24 22:05:54 2004] : ** (2) Vyrith mounrs his horse a bit clumsily. **
[Mon May 24 22:06:17 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella stays behind Vyrith to keep an eye on him **
[Mon May 24 22:06:19 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Don't normally ride a horse. Walking is my preference."
[Mon May 24 22:06:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "We already understood that"
[Mon May 24 22:06:47 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Let's go"
[Mon May 24 22:07:11 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Lead on, we'll follow"
[Mon May 24 22:07:27 2004] : ** (1) Huerney heads towards the gates **
[Mon May 24 22:07:36 2004] : ** (3) Nerin follows **
[Mon May 24 22:07:43 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: as we ride out, I look for Ananiel who comes and lands on my shoulder
[Mon May 24 22:07:50 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "Heavy bird, I'm happy to see you again"
[Mon May 24 22:08:07 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Ananiel make happy bird noises.
[Mon May 24 22:08:10 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella catches up with Vyrith and rides at his side **
[Mon May 24 22:09:01 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 22:09:19 2004] : (1) Huerney: "/me keeps up at a healthy trot
[Mon May 24 22:09:25 2004] : ** (1) Huerney keeps up at a healthy trot **
[Mon May 24 22:09:49 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "No, Harimau, it's a bad idea trying to catch Ananiel, you should never eat your friends, especially not those bigger and stronger than you"
[Mon May 24 22:09:59 2004] : (2) Vyrith: ooc can't any suitable monsters
[Mon May 24 22:10:40 2004] : (2) Vyrith: ooc find in there somewhere.
[Mon May 24 22:11:13 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella strikes up a conversation with Vyrith, trying to distract him from the idea of falling of his horse **
[Mon May 24 22:11:43 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne smiles at HArimau's attempts **
[Mon May 24 22:11:45 2004] : ** (3) Nerin rides up at the front, watching for 'suitable monsters' **
[Mon May 24 22:11:47 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Vyrith seems rather reserved.
[Mon May 24 22:11:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "How do you like being a cleric? And what does it entail exactly?"
[Mon May 24 22:12:15 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella keeps on talking anyway **
[Mon May 24 22:14:44 2004] : (2) Vyrith: ooc Alright, they'll do.
[Mon May 24 22:14:56 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc hmmm, not sure I like the "they"
[Mon May 24 22:14:59 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 22:15:16 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella points at the landscape and asks Vyrith what he knows about the surroundings **
[Mon May 24 22:15:20 2004] : (2) Vyrith: Suddenly, Vyrith reigns in his horse.
[Mon May 24 22:15:31 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella stops as well, puzzled **
[Mon May 24 22:15:37 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "What's wrong?"
[Mon May 24 22:15:41 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "'Ware. Foul stench of the undead lingers in the air."
[Mon May 24 22:15:55 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Ware?"
[Mon May 24 22:15:56 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "I don't like that'
[Mon May 24 22:15:57 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "Where does it come from?"
[Mon May 24 22:16:04 2004] : ** (3) Nerin reins in CC **
[Mon May 24 22:16:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Beware, I guess
[Mon May 24 22:16:09 2004] : (1) Huerney: : Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19)
[Mon May 24 22:16:16 2004] : ** (2) Vyrith appears to sniff the air. **
[Mon May 24 22:16:22 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne stops her horse **
[Mon May 24 22:16:29 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks at the cleric **
[Mon May 24 22:16:38 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "I cannot tell. Perhaps, they lie in ambush ahead?"
[Mon May 24 22:16:50 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks around her **
[Mon May 24 22:16:53 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Mon May 24 22:16:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Mon May 24 22:17:06 2004] : (1) Huerney: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [18,-2] = (16)
[Mon May 24 22:17:10 2004] : (1) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [10,-2] = (8)
[Mon May 24 22:17:14 2004] : (3) Nerin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12)
[Mon May 24 22:17:15 2004] : (3) Nerin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Mon May 24 22:17:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Mon May 24 22:17:24 2004] : ** (1) Huerney dismounts **
[Mon May 24 22:17:26 2004] : (4) Hollyella: +2
[Mon May 24 22:17:43 2004] : (2) Zombie: "Muuuaaahhh."
[Mon May 24 22:17:48 2004] : ** (3) Nerin sees Huerney dismount and does likewise **
[Mon May 24 22:17:56 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Mon May 24 22:17:59 2004] : ** (1) Huerney says the command word... Power Extreme... And casts Cat's Grace (Dex +[1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) for 3 hours) **
[Mon May 24 22:18:20 2004] : (2) Zombie: Two shambling creatures of decaying flesh rise the ground 60 ft away and shamble towards the party.
[Mon May 24 22:18:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella: Casting mage armor: +4 to AC for 1 hour/level
[Mon May 24 22:18:26 2004] : (2) Zombie: Initiative
[Mon May 24 22:18:34 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Mon May 24 22:18:38 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Holyella Initiative: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Mon May 24 22:18:40 2004] : (3) Nerin: Initiative Nerin: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Mon May 24 22:19:02 2004] : (1) Huerney: : Initiative Huerney: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
[Mon May 24 22:20:30 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne does a spin and turns into Buffy **
[Mon May 24 22:20:39 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 22:20:48 2004] : (2) Zombie: Nerin?
[Mon May 24 22:20:57 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella hands Ayhlanne some stakes ;) **
[Mon May 24 22:22:08 2004] : (3) Nerin: run toward them
[Mon May 24 22:22:12 2004] : (2) DM: Nerin? Your turn. The zombies are 60 ft away.
[Mon May 24 22:23:18 2004] : (2) DM: How far?
[Mon May 24 22:23:33 2004] : (3) Nerin: 50ft
[Mon May 24 22:24:07 2004] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Mon May 24 22:24:31 2004] : ** (1) Huerney runs the 60 feet to them and stabs in a charge **
[Mon May 24 22:24:48 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) (base): [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Mon May 24 22:24:50 2004] : (1) Huerney: Finessed Rapier +2 (focus) (second): [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Mon May 24 22:25:04 2004] : (2) DM: Skewered.
[Mon May 24 22:25:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: 1st only
[Mon May 24 22:25:22 2004] : (1) Huerney: Done
[Mon May 24 22:25:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: : I begin my bard song... Inspire Courage (+2 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round... #"Smash your face, that's what we'll do... You'll never know what has hit you!"#
[Mon May 24 22:25:36 2004] : (2) DM: Vyrith brings out a symbol and holds it forth.
[Mon May 24 22:27:00 2004] : (2) DM: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Mon May 24 22:27:11 2004] : (2) DM: [2d6+6+1] -> [3,6,6,1] = (16)
[Mon May 24 22:28:38 2004] : (2) DM: ooc sorry. reading rules
[Mon May 24 22:29:28 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella waits patiently **
[Mon May 24 22:29:39 2004] : (2) DM: The two zombies explode in a shower of dead flesh.
[Mon May 24 22:30:01 2004] : ** (1) Huerney turns around in wonder **
[Mon May 24 22:30:03 2004] : ** (3) Nerin looks at Huerney... **
[Mon May 24 22:30:12 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella shudders as she looks at her friends, covered in zombie flesh **
[Mon May 24 22:30:13 2004] : (3) Nerin: "Hardly worth our while was it?"
[Mon May 24 22:30:18 2004] : (2) DM: And a skeletal things rises from the ground beyond the zombies and rattles away.
[Mon May 24 22:30:26 2004] : (1) Huerney: "Bloody hell"
[Mon May 24 22:30:38 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "or holy heaven !"
[Mon May 24 22:30:43 2004] : (3) Nerin: "What the hell is that??"
[Mon May 24 22:30:56 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "That's weird"
[Mon May 24 22:31:10 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella chases the skeleton **
[Mon May 24 22:31:33 2004] : (2) DM: Holly?
[Mon May 24 22:31:46 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella chases the skeleton **
[Mon May 24 22:31:52 2004] : (2) DM: Anything else?
[Mon May 24 22:32:15 2004] : (4) Hollyella: That depends on whether or not I can overtake it
[Mon May 24 22:32:34 2004] : (2) DM: You could sprint at 4x your speed. 80 ft.
[Mon May 24 22:32:51 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Still on my warpony
[Mon May 24 22:32:52 2004] : (2) DM: Yes?
[Mon May 24 22:33:00 2004] : (2) DM: Oh. Then easily.
[Mon May 24 22:33:14 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella takes a bottle of holy water out of her pouch and throws it **
[Mon May 24 22:33:21 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Hollyella: Ranged touch attack (1d20 + BAB + dex): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
[Mon May 24 22:34:10 2004] : (2) DM: The holywater splashes over the skeletal thing.
[Mon May 24 22:34:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc can only go 40 feet and attack
[Mon May 24 22:34:34 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc she's on her pony
[Mon May 24 22:34:50 2004] : (2) DM: ooc. Hmm. I guess throwing something doesn't count as a charge.
[Mon May 24 22:35:00 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc speed of a pony is 40 feet, can't charge and ranged attack
[Mon May 24 22:35:13 2004] : (2) DM: No water. Sorry.
[Mon May 24 22:35:29 2004] : (2) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Mon May 24 22:35:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc So I just try to make sure it doesn't get away then
[Mon May 24 22:35:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc are the zombies gone ?
[Mon May 24 22:35:59 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I guess they are
[Mon May 24 22:36:00 2004] : (2) DM: Zombies exploded.
[Mon May 24 22:36:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Showering flesh
[Mon May 24 22:36:36 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how far is that stupid skeleton ?
[Mon May 24 22:36:42 2004] : (2) DM: 80 ft.
[Mon May 24 22:36:46 2004] : ** (1) Huerney hopes he never had his mouth open **
[Mon May 24 22:37:07 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne notches arrows+1 and shoots **
[Mon May 24 22:37:20 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc Huerney sometimes has it shut?
[Mon May 24 22:37:29 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Mon May 24 22:37:29 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Mon May 24 22:37:37 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: +1 for arrows
[Mon May 24 22:38:38 2004] : (2) DM: two hits
[Mon May 24 22:38:48 2004] : (2) DM: Nerin?
[Mon May 24 22:39:09 2004] : (3) Nerin: can I charge and attack?
[Mon May 24 22:39:20 2004] : (2) DM: Too far.
[Mon May 24 22:39:24 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc you'd think i'd know by now! :(
[Mon May 24 22:39:32 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 22:39:51 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc wasn't it only 20 feet beyond the zombies?
[Mon May 24 22:39:58 2004] : (2) DM: It's run some more.
[Mon May 24 22:40:07 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc how far?
[Mon May 24 22:40:11 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc, oh, ok
[Mon May 24 22:40:14 2004] : (2) DM: Another 30 ft.
[Mon May 24 22:40:30 2004] : (2) DM: ooc being generous... and I'm running out of map.
[Mon May 24 22:40:38 2004] : (3) Nerin: draw bow and shoot
[Mon May 24 22:40:40 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 22:40:40 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 22:40:43 2004] : (3) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (base): [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Mon May 24 22:40:43 2004] : (3) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (second): [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Mon May 24 22:41:00 2004] : (2) DM: Miss.
[Mon May 24 22:41:18 2004] : (2) DM: Hmm. How much for bardsong?
[Mon May 24 22:41:25 2004] : (1) Huerney: +2
[Mon May 24 22:41:35 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc not active yet though
[Mon May 24 22:41:42 2004] : (2) DM: ooc ah,
[Mon May 24 22:41:48 2004] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Mon May 24 22:41:52 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc shhh
[Mon May 24 22:42:14 2004] : ** (1) Huerney is being the rules nazi, I hate that guy **
[Mon May 24 22:42:22 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc KMAO
[Mon May 24 22:42:28 2004] : ** (1) Huerney runs 30 feet **
[Mon May 24 22:42:48 2004] : ** (1) Huerney throws a vial of holy water **
[Mon May 24 22:42:59 2004] : (1) Huerney: Ranged Touch Attack + Bardsong (base): [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d0+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Mon May 24 22:43:01 2004] : (1) Huerney: Ranged Touch Attack + Bardsong (second): [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d0+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Mon May 24 22:43:08 2004] : (2) DM: Damage?
[Mon May 24 22:43:13 2004] : (1) Huerney: [2d4] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Mon May 24 22:43:30 2004] : (1) Huerney: +1 for PBS, forgot
[Mon May 24 22:43:38 2004] : (1) Huerney: +2 for bardsong too!
[Mon May 24 22:43:45 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 22:43:48 2004] : (2) DM: Holy water splashes over the sketal creature. And it smokes a bit.
[Mon May 24 22:44:12 2004] : (1) Huerney: DOne
[Mon May 24 22:44:20 2004] : (1) Huerney: : #"Through torment, death and pain we fight, 'gainst demon, beast and undead wight"# Bardsong is Active: +2 to hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear
[Mon May 24 22:45:04 2004] : (1) Huerney: ooc troll in the chatroom?
[Mon May 24 22:45:14 2004] : (1) Huerney: brb, major lag here
[Mon May 24 22:45:16 2004] : (2) DM: You can see a disgusting pinkage thing coiled up in the creatures ribcage and coming out of it's mouth with claws at the end.
[Mon May 24 22:45:17 2004] : (1) Huerney: Observe one of the great apes, leaving for his natural habitat...
[Mon May 24 22:45:19 2004] : (1) Huerney (exit): 22:45
[Mon May 24 22:45:40 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc uewwwwww
[Mon May 24 22:45:42 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc ewww
[Mon May 24 22:45:54 2004] : (6) Huerney (enter): 22:45
[Mon May 24 22:45:58 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella looks on, horrified **
[Mon May 24 22:46:37 2004] : (2) DM: Cleric rides a bit closer.
[Mon May 24 22:46:47 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc horrified at what??
[Mon May 24 22:46:50 2004] : (2) DM: Holly?
[Mon May 24 22:46:56 2004] : (2) DM: You can see a disgusting pinkage thing coiled up in the creatures ribcage and coming out of it's mouth with claws at the end.
[Mon May 24 22:47:04 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc The pinkage thing on the ribcage
[Mon May 24 22:47:24 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc eww
[Mon May 24 22:47:36 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc lol
[Mon May 24 22:48:09 2004] : (2) DM: Holly? Your go.
[Mon May 24 22:48:21 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Shooting at th pinkage thing
[Mon May 24 22:48:38 2004] : (2) DM: k. Ride check.
[Mon May 24 22:48:39 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite+2, MW arrows, PS, Bardsong (base): [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Mon May 24 22:48:46 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Mon May 24 22:49:08 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Don't bother with ride checks in future. You can't fail with +5.
[Mon May 24 22:49:12 2004] : (2) DM: Hit.
[Mon May 24 22:49:50 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc I know :)
[Mon May 24 22:49:58 2004] : (2) DM: Rips right through it's chest tearing out a chunk.
[Mon May 24 22:50:06 2004] : (2) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Mon May 24 22:50:09 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne rides closer and shoots **
[Mon May 24 22:50:22 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: +1 arrows
[Mon May 24 22:50:29 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc nice shot
[Mon May 24 22:50:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Composite Longbow +1 [Bard Song] (base): [1d20+16] -> [2,16] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Mon May 24 22:50:30 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Composite Longbow +1 [Bard Song] (second): [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
[Mon May 24 22:50:43 2004] : (2) DM: Hit.
[Mon May 24 22:50:48 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I suppose just one ?
[Mon May 24 22:51:00 2004] : (2) DM: ooc just one. And a ride check.
[Mon May 24 22:51:17 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Mon May 24 22:51:27 2004] : (2) DM: fine.
[Mon May 24 22:51:38 2004] : (2) DM: Another arrows snicks a chunk out of it.
[Mon May 24 22:52:00 2004] : (2) DM: The thing veers of to the right and lopes on.
[Mon May 24 22:52:26 2004] : (2) DM: Nerin?
[Mon May 24 22:52:38 2004] : (3) Nerin: run 20ft towards it and use this ring thing I've got
[Mon May 24 22:52:52 2004] : (3) Nerin: Ring: Searing light 8d6 to undead, funghi, puddings and moulds [8d6] -> [4,5,6,3,2,5,3,2] = (30)
[Mon May 24 22:53:09 2004] : (2) DM: Range?
[Mon May 24 22:53:27 2004] : (6) Huerney: 100f t
[Mon May 24 22:53:31 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc where's the thing anyway ?
[Mon May 24 22:53:42 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, found it
[Mon May 24 22:54:02 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc cheers Huerney
[Mon May 24 22:54:28 2004] : (2) DM: The thing is engulved in a blinding light and it comes out a bit crispy round the edges and smoking.
[Mon May 24 22:54:28 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc more actually, 150ft as it's level 5
[Mon May 24 22:54:38 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc caster level that is
[Mon May 24 22:54:46 2004] : (2) DM: Huerney?
[Mon May 24 22:54:46 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc gotta love David's descriptions
[Mon May 24 22:54:54 2004] : (3) Nerin: ooc yeah, lol
[Mon May 24 22:55:12 2004] : (6) Huerney: : Bardic Knowledge: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
[Mon May 24 22:55:40 2004] : (6) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Slow ( level 3, "One subject/level takes only partial actions, -2 AC, -2 melee rolls." )
[Mon May 24 22:55:44 2004] : (2) DM: Not familiar with it.
[Mon May 24 22:56:28 2004] : (2) DM: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Mon May 24 22:56:32 2004] : (6) Huerney: dc = 18
[Mon May 24 22:56:32 2004] : (2) DM: DC?
[Mon May 24 22:56:47 2004] : ** (6) Huerney runs 30 feet closer **
[Mon May 24 22:57:01 2004] : (2) DM: The thing slows down.
[Mon May 24 22:57:40 2004] : (2) DM: Holly?
[Mon May 24 22:57:41 2004] : ** (6) Huerney stays 1o feet away **
[Mon May 24 22:57:54 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc brb loo
[Mon May 24 22:58:05 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Moving in a distance I can still shoot it
[Mon May 24 22:58:15 2004] : (2) DM: k
[Mon May 24 22:58:41 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Still attacking the "thing"
[Mon May 24 22:58:48 2004] : (4) Hollyella: Shortbow, composite+2, bardsong, PS (base): [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Mon May 24 22:59:23 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc back
[Mon May 24 22:59:43 2004] : (2) DM: Some unessential hands bones drop off.
[Mon May 24 22:59:50 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 22:59:59 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc LOL
[Mon May 24 23:00:03 2004] : (2) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Mon May 24 23:00:17 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: rides towards the thing
[Mon May 24 23:00:26 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how far can I ride ?
[Mon May 24 23:00:44 2004] : (2) DM: 40 ft and still attack.
[Mon May 24 23:01:10 2004] : ** (5) Ayhlanne shoots **
[Mon May 24 23:01:27 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc square is 5 feet, uyes ?
[Mon May 24 23:01:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Composite Longbow +1 [Bard Song] (base): [1d20+16] -> [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
[Mon May 24 23:01:39 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty +3 Composite Longbow +1 [Bard Song] (second): [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
[Mon May 24 23:01:45 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: arrows +1
[Mon May 24 23:02:38 2004] : (2) DM: It falls apart in a heap of blacked bones that rapidly turn to dust. The long tongue shrivles and decays.
[Mon May 24 23:03:12 2004] : ** (3) Nerin causiously approaches **
[Mon May 24 23:03:25 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella goes over to the remains to examine them **
[Mon May 24 23:03:28 2004] : (2) DM: It's dead. Again.
[Mon May 24 23:03:30 2004] : (6) Huerney: "What in the name of holy fuck was that?"
[Mon May 24 23:03:46 2004] : (3) Nerin: "No idea."
[Mon May 24 23:03:54 2004] : (2) DM: ooc Mohrg. And it never got to attack. It has a nasty paralysing attack.
[Mon May 24 23:04:00 2004] : (3) Nerin: "You're usually the one who tells us"
[Mon May 24 23:04:20 2004] : (6) Huerney: "Umm, not a clue this time"
[Mon May 24 23:04:28 2004] : (6) Huerney: "Maybe Vyrith can help"
[Mon May 24 23:05:24 2004] : (4) Hollyella: ooc What kind of knowledge check would help, DM?
[Mon May 24 23:05:52 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "That was I believe a Mohrg. Animated corpses of murderers and the like. Or so I have read. Never seen one before."
[Mon May 24 23:05:57 2004] : ** (4) Hollyella returns to join Vyrith **
[Mon May 24 23:06:15 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "again, I don't like these undead things"
[Mon May 24 23:06:19 2004] : (6) Huerney: "Sounds pretty disgusting to me"
[Mon May 24 23:06:23 2004] : (5) Ayhlanne: "it seemed to multiply"
[Mon May 24 23:06:34 2004] : (4) Hollyella: "It looks disgusting as well"
[Mon May 24 23:07:08 2004] : (2) Vyrith: "Undead are an abmination. All right-thinking persons despise them."
[Mon May 24 23:07:15 2004] : (6) Huerney: ooc Know Religion is probably a best fit H, but no need now.
[Mon May 24 23:07:29 2004] : (2) Vyrith: GAME END