Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 03 June 2003

[Tue Jun 3 19:41:18 2003] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Jun 3 19:41:33 2003] : (1) DM: You're in the crypt. The evil has gone etc. etc. (hope you read that email)
[Tue Jun 3 19:41:37 2003] : (1) DM: What are you doing?
[Tue Jun 3 19:41:38 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc Ummm, where am I? Did I return? :P
[Tue Jun 3 19:41:58 2003] : (1) DM: Myfanwy turns up...
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:00 2003] : (2) Nerin: Oh hi Myf... decide to show up did you?
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:02 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what email ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:07 2003] : ** (3) Huerney feels odd about being taken over **
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:08 2003] : (2) Nerin: Great timing too
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:18 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: About time you came back, we almost fried on various occasions there
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:21 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy looks around **
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:25 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What happened?
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:41 2003] : (2) Nerin: You alright Huerney?
[Tue Jun 3 19:42:58 2003] : (3) Huerney: Just a bit freaked by that horrible stone
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:04 2003] : ** (3) Huerney shudders **
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:21 2003] : (2) Nerin: Yeah, not nice that
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:44 2003] : (2) Nerin: But I'm more worried about where that wee beasty has gone
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:52 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: tell me about it
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:54 2003] : (3) Huerney: Is it just me, or does anyone else think that we may bnot have finished yet?
[Tue Jun 3 19:43:58 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I am not sure I want to meet the thing
[Tue Jun 3 19:44:07 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I think I agree
[Tue Jun 3 19:44:28 2003] : (2) Nerin: I have a funny feeling we're gonning to run up against it sonner or later
[Tue Jun 3 19:44:39 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc gonning?? going
[Tue Jun 3 19:44:55 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Will someone please tell me what happened here!!! I leave for just a little while and.... *mutter*
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:02 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: better later than sooner if you want my opinion
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:09 2003] : (3) Huerney: Well we'll just have to be outstanding
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:11 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: bI guess we should go and report to Terrance
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: Yes, seems like a good idea
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:29 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Well, if you arrived here, you saw the tracks right ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:36 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: The temple has been torn apart
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:42 2003] : (2) Nerin: Unless he's met thon monster
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:53 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Younever saw it?
[Tue Jun 3 19:45:53 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne eyes Nerin gloomily **
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:06 2003] : (2) Nerin: Nope
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: never saw the beast no, but the clerics attacked us
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:14 2003] : (2) Nerin: Heard it, though
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:28 2003] : (2) Nerin: Sounded right nasty
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:47 2003] : (3) Huerney: Very nasty
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:57 2003] : (2) Nerin: By the time we finished off that bloody Priestess it had bolted
[Tue Jun 3 19:46:59 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy shudders **
[Tue Jun 3 19:47:08 2003] : (3) Huerney: Then agai, the bugger in this tomb wasn't much in the way of humour either
[Tue Jun 3 19:47:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: not for the least
[Tue Jun 3 19:47:34 2003] : (2) Nerin: indeed
[Tue Jun 3 19:48:08 2003] : (3) Huerney: Let's get out of this place, it's still creepy
[Tue Jun 3 19:48:11 2003] : (2) Nerin: I made light work of those skeletons though
[Tue Jun 3 19:48:16 2003] : ** (2) Nerin grins evilly **
[Tue Jun 3 19:48:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: You certainly did
[Tue Jun 3 19:48:28 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy smiles **
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:01 2003] : ** (2) Nerin has a last look around **
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:06 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Ummm... Any chance it might return here? As in... Do we wait for it or get out of here...
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:21 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc did anyone write down the treasure?
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:22 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks around for anything she might have left, such as her arrow **
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc I did
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:26 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Doesn't sound like something I'd like to meet
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:33 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc phew!
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:37 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:39 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 19:49:44 2003] : (3) Huerney: You OK carrying all that Nerin??
[Tue Jun 3 19:50:04 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yeah, we had this debate about a +1 bow, am I getting it ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:50:10 2003] : (2) Nerin: I wouldn't mind dropping some of it off somewhere
[Tue Jun 3 19:50:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc I thought so
[Tue Jun 3 19:50:21 2003] : (3) Huerney: I took yours
[Tue Jun 3 19:50:56 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc ok, makes sense
[Tue Jun 3 19:51:07 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc and damn, need to re-do all the attacks
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc +1 is to attack and damage right ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:20 2003] : ** (3) Huerney heads away from the tomb towards the stairs **
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:27 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc yeah
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:29 2003] : ** (2) Nerin follows **
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:29 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy follows **
[Tue Jun 3 19:52:52 2003] : (1) DM: You follow the corridor and climb the stairs, re-entering the Temple Hall.
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:12 2003] : (3) Huerney: Eww, bit gory here, I forgot
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:28 2003] : (1) DM: There's a smear of blood from one of the piles of bodies leading towards the Hall exit.
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:37 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy feels her stomach turn **
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:47 2003] : ** (2) Nerin is made of sterner stuff **
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:49 2003] : ** (3) Huerney swallows hard **
[Tue Jun 3 19:53:56 2003] : (3) Huerney: I guess we should follow
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:00 2003] : (2) Nerin: Out this way I guess
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:21 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne follows **
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: Gods know what it could be doing to the defenceless townsfolk
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:43 2003] : (1) DM: The blood smears go through the smashed door and then veers left towards the stairs leading upwards.
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:46 2003] : (2) Nerin: Maybe Mr Terrance is doing his job, but I doubt it
[Tue Jun 3 19:54:47 2003] : ** (3) Huerney follows with his new secondhand bow at the ready **
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:12 2003] : (1) DM: There's a priest, lying on the floor, at the end of the trail.
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:20 2003] : ** (2) Nerin has (one of) his hammer(s) ready **
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:25 2003] : (1) DM: His hand stretches towards the stairs.
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:32 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks at him for signs of life **
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:33 2003] : ** (2) Nerin approaches carefully **
[Tue Jun 3 19:55:44 2003] : (1) DM: He's alive but barely.
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:00 2003] : (1) Dying priest: "..."
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: Heal Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [16,-2] = (14)
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:30 2003] : ** (3) Huerney tries to stabilise him **
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:33 2003] : (1) Dying priest: "...ritual...must...reverse..."
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:37 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:43 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne helps Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:58 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: On priest...
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:59 2003] : (1) Dying priest: He's far to gone for any simple first aid.
[Tue Jun 3 19:56:59 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy casts Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+5] -> [4,8,5] = (17) **
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:22 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: What ritual
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:24 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:35 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne says while helping to stabilise the priest **
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:46 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy looks to see if he's a bit better, maybe able to talk easilier **
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:48 2003] : (1) Dying priest: Some of fatal wounds heal but they're too bad for even magical healing.
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:57 2003] : ** (2) Nerin keeps lookout **
[Tue Jun 3 19:57:59 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: That poor guy...
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:09 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc I think this guy was destined to die, lol
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:13 2003] : (1) Dying priest: "...summoning...demon...too strong...."
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:14 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:31 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: What kind of a demon, how can we reverse th ritual ?
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:35 2003] : (3) Huerney: YOu summoned a demon that was too strong for you all?
[Tue Jun 3 19:58:48 2003] : ** (1) Dying priest reaches out a hand a grasps one of Myfanwy's. **
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:08 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy kneels with priest, holding his hand **
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:12 2003] : (1) Dying priest: "You. You must perfom... the reverse...ritual."
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:17 2003] : ** (3) Huerney cacs his pants, howm many clerics, and its just us?? **
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:32 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What *is* the reverse ritual?
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:33 2003] : (3) Huerney: HOw do we do that
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:50 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: How can I reverse something I don't even know?
[Tue Jun 3 19:59:57 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc /me fixes Huerney's sticky shift key :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:02 2003] : (1) Dying priest: "..library... find the book..."
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:05 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:18 2003] : ** (1) Dying priest coughs up lots of blood. **
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:25 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Which one? Which book
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:42 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy hfeels her stomach turn again but stays **
[Tue Jun 3 20:00:55 2003] : (1) Dying priest: ooc Beginner's guide to demon unsummoning?
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:00 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc dlmao
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:16 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc Guess I can't use the book I already have :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:28 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc a Bluffers Guide?
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:33 2003] : (1) Dying priest: The priest goes limp and lies still.
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:38 2003] : (3) Huerney: What book, we need more information
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:40 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc Care and maintenance of your hut :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:50 2003] : ** (3) Huerney slaps his face a bit **
[Tue Jun 3 20:01:51 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc roflmao
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:02 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Huerney, I think he's gone
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:06 2003] : (3) Huerney: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:13 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy lets go of his hand **
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:13 2003] : (1) Dying priest: The smashed bones in the priest's face make crunching noises.
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:25 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Huerney, stop it !
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:33 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc ewwww!!
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:33 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Craig giggles and rubs his hands together
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:48 2003] : ** (3) Huerney thinks what sort of book he may mean **
[Tue Jun 3 20:02:55 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy stands up. Okay, I guess it's off to the library... I'd rather get out of here *sigh* **
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:20 2003] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:26 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Myfanwy: Spot Skill Check [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:26 2003] : (3) Huerney: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [15,-2] = (13)
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:28 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne is still kneeling near the priest **
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:29 2003] : (2) Nerin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Jun 3 20:03:43 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
[Tue Jun 3 20:05:11 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Wonder if failing a reversed demon spell will summon yet another... *shudder*
[Tue Jun 3 20:05:41 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne puts the body in a better position **
[Tue Jun 3 20:06:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc I don't think he cares :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:06:30 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:07 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets up **
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:18 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I have found this on the body
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:31 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne holds out a piece of paper tainted in blood **
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:32 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What?
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:52 2003] : (2) Nerin: does it give us instructions on what to do?
[Tue Jun 3 20:07:56 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Can you read anything on it?
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I can make out a few words
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:21 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: but they don't really make sense
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: What do they say?
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:29 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc French?
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:39 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc, nope, must be Danish :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:45 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:54 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: It looks like a balad of sorts
[Tue Jun 3 20:08:58 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: a poem or something
[Tue Jun 3 20:09:10 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: it has the written rythm of it at least
[Tue Jun 3 20:09:12 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: maybe Huerney knows it...
[Tue Jun 3 20:09:23 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne hands the paper to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 20:09:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: The definitive book on demon lore is the Varishinda's Demonicon, maybe we can find something in that
[Tue Jun 3 20:10:00 2003] : ** (3) Huerney examines the writing **
[Tue Jun 3 20:10:26 2003] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Read Magic ( level 0, "Read scrolls and spellbooks." )
[Tue Jun 3 20:11:18 2003] : (1) DM: ooc Knowledge: erm, bardic? roll huerney.
[Tue Jun 3 20:11:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Jun 3 20:12:58 2003] : (3) Huerney: Yes, yes
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:01 2003] : (3) Huerney: I know this
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:15 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What is it? What's it about?
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:21 2003] : ** (2) Nerin looks surprised **
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: It is a bardic language from long ages ago
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:45 2003] : (3) Huerney: It looks loke dsome form of demon summoning chant
[Tue Jun 3 20:13:50 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks sheepish **
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:02 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Better not sing it then...
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:11 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: errrrrrrrr
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:16 2003] : (3) Huerney: Err, must have been some bad bards around in the times of power
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:17 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: no, that would not be a good idea
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:23 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: but it is maybe the place to start
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: The name at the top says Koraxul
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:40 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: we have to find the book/spell book that realtes to this chant
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:46 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: relates even
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: I guess we could do worse than to look dfor that name in Varishinda's Demonicon
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:53 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ah, now, that's something
[Tue Jun 3 20:14:59 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Anyone know where the library is?
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:18 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne checks the body once more to see if she recognizes the bites/blasts **
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:20 2003] : (2) Nerin: Upstairs?
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:20 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:44 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks in the direction that the cleric pointed **
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:54 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Right...
[Tue Jun 3 20:15:55 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc any stairs that way?
[Tue Jun 3 20:16:02 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy heads upstairs **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:00 2003] : ** (3) Huerney follows studying the paper **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:09 2003] : (1) DM: The library is just at the top of the stairs in front of you.
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:11 2003] : ** (2) Nerin goes up **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:21 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc doors open?
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:27 2003] : (1) DM: Doors are open.
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:29 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne follows **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:37 2003] : ** (3) Huerney stops himself from absent mindedly humming the tune several times **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:40 2003] : (1) DM: You see....
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:43 2003] : (1) DM: Books.
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:47 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy enters the library and looks around **
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:56 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Where to start....
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:57 2003] : (3) Huerney: Ah, the library, excellent
[Tue Jun 3 20:17:59 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc /me glares at the DM!!
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:04 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:05 2003] : (3) Huerney: Umm
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: Wouldn't it be great if it was alphabetical
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:19 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks around, a bit discouraged **
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:23 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc anything other than books?
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:38 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy starts looking over the nearest books **
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:47 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks around for a section with books beginning with V **
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:49 2003] : (1) DM: Books on shelves. Tables with books open on them.
[Tue Jun 3 20:18:53 2003] : (3) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:12 2003] : (1) DM: It doesn't appear to be alphabetical. You do find the library catalogue though.
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:13 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne goes to one table and looks at the open books to see if she recognizes anything **
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:20 2003] : ** (2) Nerin looks for 'Koraxul' **
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: d.
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:23 2003] : (3) Huerney: d
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:24 2003] : (3) Huerney: d
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: d
[Tue Jun 3 20:19:28 2003] : (3) Huerney: Demonology
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:04 2003] : (1) DM: You find the section on demonology easily enough.
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:15 2003] : (3) Huerney: v
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:16 2003] : (3) Huerney: v
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:16 2003] : (3) Huerney: v
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: v
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: Varishinda's Demonicon
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:27 2003] : (1) DM: Yep.
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:50 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc on the shelves?
[Tue Jun 3 20:20:54 2003] : (1) DM: Yep
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:10 2003] : ** (3) Huerney examines the shelves for traps **
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:14 2003] : (3) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:21 2003] : (1) DM: Don't find any traps.
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:28 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets closer to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: Umm, I don't trust this entire plcae
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: place
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:46 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Who is this Varisomething o other ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:21:47 2003] : (3) Huerney: Anyone else care to remove it...
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:00 2003] : (3) Huerney: Last time I ended up becoming some horrible thing
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:14 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy goes to Huerney and picks up the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:34 2003] : (3) Huerney: Care to look up Karaxas in that Myf?
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:36 2003] : (2) Nerin: Why would a preisthood trap book shelves in their own library??
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:46 2003] : (3) Huerney: There's something odd about this book here...
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:54 2003] : (1) DM: ooc Koraxul
[Tue Jun 3 20:22:57 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks at the odd book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:04 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc him too ;)
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:05 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy goes to the nearest table, opens up the book and searches... **
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:15 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What a strange name...
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:20 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks at the book closely, looking for traces of poison or anything odd **
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:26 2003] : (3) Huerney: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:28 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:30 2003] : ** (2) Nerin wanders around looking for anything vaguely interesting **
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:32 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:33 2003] : (2) Nerin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Jun 3 20:23:39 2003] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Detect Magic ( level 0, "Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft." )
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:08 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc can I even read this book? lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: Woah
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:23 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc what was that book you said was odd Huerney ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:40 2003] : ** (2) Nerin stops dead, and looks to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:44 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks over the book very carefully **
[Tue Jun 3 20:24:55 2003] : (2) Nerin: Whats up?
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:03 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc I'm looking at abook
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:08 2003] : (1) DM: Sure you can Myfanwy. It's a reference on demons and devils and other extraplanar creatures. Their appearance, abilities, society etc. etc. What sort of adventurer's they like as a snack...
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:12 2003] : (3) Huerney: that book there...
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:16 2003] : (3) Huerney: It feels odd
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:29 2003] : (1) DM: Touching it?
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: It's definitely magical too
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:35 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy looksa for anything on Koraxul **
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:37 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc hell no!
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:38 2003] : (2) Nerin: I've heard you cast that spell often enough, and it rarely brings good news
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:43 2003] : ** (3) Huerney reaches out a hand **
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:53 2003] : ** (3) Huerney pulls it back **
[Tue Jun 3 20:25:59 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks hard at the book again **
[Tue Jun 3 20:26:02 2003] : (1) DM: ooc chicken!
[Tue Jun 3 20:26:08 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:26:29 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc He might end up a chicken if he touches it, lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:26:33 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc I just got possessed last time I grabbed something magical!
[Tue Jun 3 20:26:59 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks at the book title **
[Tue Jun 3 20:27:12 2003] : ** (1) Book looks back. **
[Tue Jun 3 20:27:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc on the spine, without touching it
[Tue Jun 3 20:27:26 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy is still searching the book for anything on Koraxul or reversed spellcasting **
[Tue Jun 3 20:27:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:02 2003] : (3) Huerney: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:05 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne is tstill looking for traces of anything **
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:11 2003] : ** (3) Huerney picks iup the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:17 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:44 2003] : (1) Book: Huerney snatches has hand away from the book and falls to the floor with a heavy thump.
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:49 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc waiting to be turned into a nasty demon
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:58 2003] : (1) Book: Take 2 cold damage Huerney.
[Tue Jun 3 20:28:59 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc I do?
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:09 2003] : (2) Nerin: You ok Huerney?
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:13 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: (without looking up) Could you keep it down Hueney, I'm trying to concentrate here...
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:29 2003] : (1) Book: ooc reflex action Huerney.
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:30 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne startles **
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:34 2003] : (3) Huerney: Ouch
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:47 2003] : (1) Book: The books shifts on the floor and slowly opens...
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:49 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc reflex save
[Tue Jun 3 20:29:53 2003] : (3) Huerney: ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:04 2003] : (1) Book: ooc No.
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc oh, sorry, I snatched back reflexively, OK
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:21 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc surely no reflex save if you reached out to lift it
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:41 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc yep, you neosey bard :p
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:44 2003] : ** (3) Huerney steps back **
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:44 2003] : ** (2) Nerin watches the book (from a careful distance) **
[Tue Jun 3 20:30:58 2003] : (1) Book: The book lies still now.
[Tue Jun 3 20:31:07 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne goes closer to the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:31:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK, anyone got any really thick gloves?
[Tue Jun 3 20:31:22 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: hovers over it trying to read what's written on there
[Tue Jun 3 20:31:37 2003] : (1) Book: The text on the page looks like the text on the page from the priest.
[Tue Jun 3 20:31:52 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks in her backpack **
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:05 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: dammit, I was so sure I had gloves, I guess I don't Huerney
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:06 2003] : (3) Huerney: Wis check: [1d20-2] -> [19,-2] = (17)
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:13 2003] : (1) Book: Nerin, you spotted some think gloves on one of the tables earlier.
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:18 2003] : (1) Book: ooc thick
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:21 2003] : ** (3) Huerney doesn't rtry to pick up the book again **
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:29 2003] : (2) Nerin: oh heres some gloves
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:35 2003] : ** (2) Nerin goes and gets them **
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:40 2003] : (3) Huerney: Now that's handy
[Tue Jun 3 20:32:56 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc handy! get it!
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:02 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc boom boom
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:03 2003] : (1) Book: ooc the librarians have to handle the book too.
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:04 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:22 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc roflmao
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:31 2003] : ** (2) Nerin 'hands' the gloves to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 20:33:52 2003] : ** (3) Huerney puts on the gloves then carefull moves the book to a reading table **
[Tue Jun 3 20:34:07 2003] : (1) Book: Okay. It agrees to that.
[Tue Jun 3 20:34:37 2003] : ** (3) Huerney sings a bardic song to heroes to try to gain the trust of the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:02 2003] : ** (1) Book rustles its pages impatiently. **
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:10 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: Have you got that other page Ayhlanne?
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:34 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I gave it to you
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:43 2003] : ** (3) Huerney opens the book and looks for somewhere where a page may be missing **
[Tue Jun 3 20:35:53 2003] : (3) Huerney: So you did
[Tue Jun 3 20:36:02 2003] : (1) Book: The book is open to the page with the same text on already
[Tue Jun 3 20:36:34 2003] : ** (3) Huerney slides the missing page in and reads the whole text... but not out loud **
[Tue Jun 3 20:36:50 2003] : (1) Book: It's not a missing page. It's copied.
[Tue Jun 3 20:36:59 2003] : (3) Huerney: Oh
[Tue Jun 3 20:37:08 2003] : (3) Huerney: It's a copied page
[Tue Jun 3 20:37:33 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks for a way of unsummoning Koraxul **
[Tue Jun 3 20:37:40 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooh, thats interesting
[Tue Jun 3 20:37:49 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Hmmmmm
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:05 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Does it say anything about the *undoing* of the spell ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:06 2003] : ** (3) Huerney glances casually at Nerin **
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:10 2003] : (1) Book: You try to turn the pages. They seem very heavy. As though the book is reluctant to let you see the rest of the book.
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:24 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy slams her book closed... This is all very interesting but I can't seem to find anything useful. *sigh* **
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:27 2003] : ** (3) Huerney examines the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:48 2003] : (3) Huerney: Look book, I'll sing to you again!
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:50 2003] : (1) Book: With a violent twist the book slams itself shut!
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:54 2003] : (1) Book: Reflex save Huerney
[Tue Jun 3 20:38:58 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy looks up **
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:01 2003] : (3) Huerney: Reflex save: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:16 2003] : (1) Book: You snatch your hand out of the way just in time.
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:31 2003] : (1) Book: The book reopens to the summoning ritual again.
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:38 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: What is *that*!?
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:42 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: You ok ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:52 2003] : ** (3) Huerney sings a song of the time of book pyres, when history was known only to bards **
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:53 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: *That* is a damn nasty book
[Tue Jun 3 20:39:59 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: an,y liuck in yours Myfanwy ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:03 2003] : (3) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [13,15] = (28)
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:14 2003] : (1) Book: The book isn't amused.
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:16 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc without all the extra keys, sheesh
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:20 2003] : (2) Nerin: Want me to beat it into submission?
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:37 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: No Ayhlanne, nothing I could see... But it may be handy later
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:50 2003] : (3) Huerney: If it can put up with that, I doubt if you could do much ;)
[Tue Jun 3 20:40:55 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy stuffs the demon book into her backpack **
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:03 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Does this book have a name ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:04 2003] : ** (3) Huerney re-examines the summoning ritual **
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:41 2003] : (1) Book: Huerney's lips start forming words as he traces the text...
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:48 2003] : (1) Book: Make a will save Huerney.
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:51 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks for an additional info box **
[Tue Jun 3 20:41:57 2003] : (3) Huerney: Will save: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:02 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc OMG
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:06 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc odd thta
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:24 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:32 2003] : (1) Book: Huerney starts chanting in a powerful, compelling voice. The words are strange and harsh.
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:34 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc don't go now... chop it!
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:37 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Huerney, stop ! You're going to re-summon that thing !
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:44 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Stop it Huerney!
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:49 2003] : ** (1) Book grins **
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:51 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks glazed **
[Tue Jun 3 20:42:55 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy runs to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:00 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne takes a blanket from her backpack and throws it on the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:11 2003] : (1) Book: Huerney stops chanting.
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:13 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy attempts to slam the book closed **
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:21 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc book is under a blanket
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc book eats blanket
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:34 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc wasnt when I started typing :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:40 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol, sorry
[Tue Jun 3 20:43:53 2003] : ** (3) Huerney steps back **
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:01 2003] : (3) Huerney: This book is just nasty
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:09 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: OK, this does not sem to be the right way about it, although I am pretty sure the unsummoning ritual is in there
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:13 2003] : ** (3) Huerney shakes his head to try to clear it **
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:13 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: now, let's try and thing
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:16 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: think too
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:33 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: there might be another book ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:35 2003] : (3) Huerney: Yes, this is a bit rash
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:51 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: in your magic detecting, you did not find anything else that was magic ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:44:56 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc back
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:01 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc wb
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:11 2003] : (3) Huerney: No, just this book unfortunately
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:31 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: hmmmmm
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:34 2003] : (2) Nerin: What was written on the spine of the book?
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:42 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: how about another page copied ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:43 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: So the reversed thing might only be in there... *sigh*
[Tue Jun 3 20:45:44 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Bite me!
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:03 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc not hungry
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc on the spine of the book
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:37 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:45 2003] : (2) Nerin: So, you think if I bit the book it might co-operate>
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:47 2003] : (2) Nerin: ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:51 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne starts to look around for papers **
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:55 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:56 2003] : (1) Book: The title is worn off with age.
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:58 2003] : (3) Huerney: Maybe someone else should try to read it?
[Tue Jun 3 20:46:59 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: No Nerin, don't
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:04 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc take 20 :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:04 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy smiles **
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Well...
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:21 2003] : (3) Huerney: What gives you that idea Nerin?
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:29 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc it was OOC!
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:38 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc I know :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:47:55 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc just in a weird mood tonight
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:13 2003] : (3) Huerney: Anyone got a torch?
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:16 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Someone with no ability to cast spells would maybe do it ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:16 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: The priest *did* say *I* would have to do the ritual.... And if it's in that....thing....
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:21 2003] : (1) Book: Someone else going to tackle the book?
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:26 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks intently at Nerin **
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:27 2003] : ** (3) Huerney fgrabs another book from one of the shelves **
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:37 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy lifts the blanket over the book slowly **
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:41 2003] : (2) Nerin: Oh alright Ayhlanne, I'll have a go
[Tue Jun 3 20:48:51 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Ummm.... Hi book
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:00 2003] : ** (3) Huerney opens the pages up **
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:04 2003] : (3) Huerney: Anyone got a torch?
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:12 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: I have
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:14 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne takes the blanket from Myfanwy's hand, readfy to throw it again **
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: can uyou light it
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:24 2003] : (3) Huerney: ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:27 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Where are the gloves?
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:28 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Fire ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:35 2003] : ** (2) Nerin looks at the pages **
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:36 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I don't think that is a good idea
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:47 2003] : (3) Huerney: I want to show this bloody book what happens to books that are no longer useful
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:52 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: that book seems to have a mind of its own
[Tue Jun 3 20:49:52 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Just wait Huerney, wait a bit
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:02 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne holds Huerney's hand **
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:05 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Now... The gloves please?
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:14 2003] : (3) Huerney: Oh, err sorry
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:26 2003] : ** (3) Huerney takes off the gloves then hands them over **
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:44 2003] : (1) Book: The book behaves like a normal book.
[Tue Jun 3 20:50:48 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy puts on the gloves and takes a *very* deep breath **
[Tue Jun 3 20:51:06 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Now where was that ugly part....
[Tue Jun 3 20:51:20 2003] : ** (2) Nerin waits for Myf to open the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:51:23 2003] : (1) Book: The book is already open to the summoning ritual
[Tue Jun 3 20:51:38 2003] : (2) Nerin: Give me one of those gloves
[Tue Jun 3 20:51:46 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Ummm, Ayhlanne, if I go weird you know what to do right?
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:11 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc Who is reading? Me or Myf?
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:16 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: yes Myf, i do
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc me
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:27 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets ready with the blanket **
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:41 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy searches for anything on reversing the ugly spell **
[Tue Jun 3 20:52:58 2003] : (1) Book: Myfanwy can turn the pages with ease.
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:04 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc Why do I suddenly feel like that lil vcleric in Nodwick? :P
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:07 2003] : ** (2) Nerin gets ready to pull Myfanwy away from the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:17 2003] : (1) Book: Of course she can't understand a word of what's written.
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:28 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:48 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Ummm, all gibberish... Huerney, dare to try read without touching?
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:49 2003] : (1) Book: In fact the book doesn't even feel cold.
[Tue Jun 3 20:53:58 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Ahhhhhhhh
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:04 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Myfanwy ?
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:09 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Yes?
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:13 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks at the book **
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:19 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne tries to turn the pages **
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:34 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks pissed off **
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:40 2003] : ** (1) Book acts like a normal book. **
[Tue Jun 3 20:54:53 2003] : ** (1) DM chuckles. **
[Tue Jun 3 20:55:02 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne takes a paper and a quill out of her bag, and gives one sheet of paper to Myfanwy **
[Tue Jun 3 20:55:02 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy takes of the gloves and tries too **
[Tue Jun 3 20:55:09 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Craig frets
[Tue Jun 3 20:55:12 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc BRB
[Tue Jun 3 20:55:39 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Huerney, we're going to try to turn the pages and you tell us where to stop, then we copy it
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:18 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Or rather, Myfanwy, you turn the pages, he looks over your shoulder, and I get ready with the blanket
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:31 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: When we've found the right page, we copy
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:33 2003] : (3) Huerney: Try the next page then
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:41 2003] : (2) Nerin: So thats why they had to copy the summoning page
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:42 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy turns a page **
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:44 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne gets ready with the blanket **
[Tue Jun 3 20:56:51 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: It seems so Nerin
[Tue Jun 3 20:57:01 2003] : ** (2) Nerin gets ready to yank Huerney away **
[Tue Jun 3 20:57:09 2003] : ** (3) Huerney reads what each page is about **
[Tue Jun 3 20:57:33 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy turns another page **
[Tue Jun 3 20:57:38 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc a book plotting, now that's funny...lol look at DM's messages
[Tue Jun 3 20:57:44 2003] : (1) Book: As Huerney leans over the book stirs slightly but doesn't get too restless.
[Tue Jun 3 20:58:22 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy mumbles "Yet another thing that doesn't like men....?" **
[Tue Jun 3 20:58:23 2003] : (1) Book: You eventually find a page details an unsummoning ritual and one of you copies the pages down.
[Tue Jun 3 20:58:50 2003] : (1) Book: ooc No. It's a bard thing.
[Tue Jun 3 20:59:16 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne tries to copy as well as she can **
[Tue Jun 3 20:59:20 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc I dunno it's a bard thing, I see a man thing :P
[Tue Jun 3 21:00:05 2003] : (1) DM: The pages descibed the arcance symbol that's required to be enscribed, the powder that must be tossed over the demon, and the chant that must be (um) chanted.
[Tue Jun 3 21:00:17 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc now you picture Ayhlanne with her tongue out copying the things
[Tue Jun 3 21:00:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:00:29 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:00:40 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc heh
[Tue Jun 3 21:01:03 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne hands the page to Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 21:01:10 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I hope you can make something of that now
[Tue Jun 3 21:01:41 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK, are you done Ayhlanne?
[Tue Jun 3 21:01:53 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: We can't leave this book behind, what if someone else reads that chant...
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:04 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne closes the book **
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:08 2003] : (3) Huerney: Which is precisely what I was thinking
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:11 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: errrrr, you may be right
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: Shame, thinking of the knowledge in the book, but it's too dangerous
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:36 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Well... I have two books already, one more or less...
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:37 2003] : (2) Nerin: Are we sure its copied down correctly?
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:45 2003] : (1) DM: yes
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:55 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne eyes Nerin nastily **
[Tue Jun 3 21:02:56 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK, we take it with us for now...
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:12 2003] : (2) Nerin: I was only asking!
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:14 2003] : (3) Huerney: But I say we find either a very good custodian
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:15 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Yes, we are sure
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: For now, till we find a safe place to hide it
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: or we torch the bastard
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:35 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks thoughtful **
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:45 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy puts the book with her other books **
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:50 2003] : (2) Nerin: I can see it now... "Oh darn, I cant read this last word" SPLAT!
[Tue Jun 3 21:03:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: I wonder what the folks at Port Hoon would pay for this?
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: For what? The book???
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:25 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Can't just sell it!
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:28 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne sighs **
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:30 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks again at the transcription **
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:31 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: nerin, I did my best
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:44 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc tiongue out and all :P
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:45 2003] : (3) Huerney: To the magic ollege Myf
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:49 2003] : (3) Huerney: college
[Tue Jun 3 21:04:51 2003] : (2) Nerin: I'm sure its spot on
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:04 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Hmmm
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:04 2003] : (3) Huerney: For use only by those sanctioned
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:12 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Well, I guess the best way is to try it out huh ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:19 2003] : (3) Huerney: With no bardic skills, but the knowledge of the language
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:22 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: What does the unsummonning ritual say Huerney ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:42 2003] : ** (3) Huerney explains **
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:44 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Yes, what?
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:51 2003] : (1) DM: 1. The unsummoning must be perfomed in the same place as the summoning was done.
[Tue Jun 3 21:05:59 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Oh dear...
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:05 2003] : (1) DM: 2. You need to draw a symbol on the floor. Diagram included.
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:14 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:20 2003] : (1) DM: 3. Throw powered emeralds over the demon
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:32 2003] : (1) DM: 4. Chant the copied words.
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:43 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Pooc powered or powdered?
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:48 2003] : (3) Huerney: Powdered emeralds...
[Tue Jun 3 21:06:49 2003] : (1) DM: powdered.
[Tue Jun 3 21:07:04 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Hmmm...
[Tue Jun 3 21:07:06 2003] : (3) Huerney: I hope the town is paying for those!
[Tue Jun 3 21:07:25 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Anyone heven *have* any emeralds?
[Tue Jun 3 21:07:42 2003] : (3) Huerney: I don't mind being a hero, but I'm a hired hero... emphasis on the hired!
[Tue Jun 3 21:07:50 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Let alone powdered ones...
[Tue Jun 3 21:08:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: Letm me see... flamedance ring, 3 onyx stones, amethyst... nope no emeralds
[Tue Jun 3 21:08:37 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Anyone seen any laboratry or the like in here?
[Tue Jun 3 21:08:38 2003] : (1) DM: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:08:45 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: What bothers me most is...we have to make that "demon" come back here
[Tue Jun 3 21:08:58 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I can't believe you're worried about emeralds
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:10 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: those should be the least of our problems
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:17 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Well we better have them when it returns
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc it won't go in the bag of holding 'cause it's a quest item ;)
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:24 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:28 2003] : (2) Nerin: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:09:34 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Anyone seen any laboratry or the like in here?
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:06 2003] : (3) Huerney: Look, heroing I do... but for money... I don't pay for being a hero
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:11 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: No, but there was these noise coming from downstairs when we were in Joanna's office
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:23 2003] : (1) DM: Didn't see a lab.
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:24 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: there were even
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:32 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Remember ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:45 2003] : (3) Huerney: What, a sort of... clerics getting butchered and immolated sort of noise?
[Tue Jun 3 21:10:46 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Stop muttering Huerney, we have tdemons to stop. After all, we kinda let it loose...
[Tue Jun 3 21:11:11 2003] : (3) Huerney: How did we let it loose?
[Tue Jun 3 21:11:19 2003] : ** (1) DM found the F7 macro key **
[Tue Jun 3 21:11:28 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Yes, that
[Tue Jun 3 21:11:51 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Well... It might still have been captured in here if the priestess wasn't killed... I dunno... But we can't just walk away now
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:03 2003] : (2) Nerin: Can't we?
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:04 2003] : (3) Huerney: So what are you thinking Ayhanne? That noise created emeralds?
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:20 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: No, I am trying to find out *where* this demon was summoned
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: remember ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:27 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: No Nerin, we can't!
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:28 2003] : (3) Huerney: O I see, you're just worried about the demon...
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:42 2003] : (2) Nerin: Oh right. Just asking
[Tue Jun 3 21:12:44 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: *unsummonning must be performed where siummonning was performed* ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:09 2003] : (3) Huerney: So I guess we need a way to herd it back in here...
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: Do demons like bananas?
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:22 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Not until we have the powder!
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:24 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: I mean, you saw the trail that demon let behind it right ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:30 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: exactly
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:48 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: but what this demon is after is another thing we must find out
[Tue Jun 3 21:13:59 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: doesn't the summonning ritual say anything about it ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:07 2003] : (2) Nerin: Maybe it just wants to kill people
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:13 2003] : (3) Huerney: Maybe it's just confused and feeling lost...
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:14 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Does it really matter?
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: How would you feel if you were ripped from your plane of existence?
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:34 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Myfanwy...we *HAVE* to get that demon back here, how do you expect to do that ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:14:45 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: have it run away after you ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:15:03 2003] : (2) Nerin: Well, we need those powdered emeralds
[Tue Jun 3 21:15:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc minus the away
[Tue Jun 3 21:15:31 2003] : (2) Nerin: finding the demon probably wont be too tough - just follow the trail of destruction
[Tue Jun 3 21:15:33 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: I don't know! I do not have all the answers! (getting a tad angry) But I d*do* know we have to get the powder first and *then* we can worry about getting the demon back here!
[Tue Jun 3 21:15:35 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK, let's find some emeralds
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:09 2003] : (3) Huerney: Maybe they alreay had some here for sending it back?
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:09 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne shudders **
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:15 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy sighs and sits down Okay, where? **
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:15 2003] : (3) Huerney: already
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:30 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: or shrugs rather
[Tue Jun 3 21:16:31 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Anywhere we haven't seached?
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:11 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Well, that temple is big enough, and there are many places we have not looked
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:16 2003] : (1) DM: ooc What level is everyone? Keep forgetting.
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:17 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: And huerney...? That's a brilliant thought *smiles*
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:19 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks for places that we haven't been **
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:24 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc 7
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:24 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: but how about trying to get them the fastest way ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:26 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc 6
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc 7
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:38 2003] : (1) DM: No emeralds in the temple. (that would be to easy :P)
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:45 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:51 2003] : (2) Nerin (exit): 21:17
[Tue Jun 3 21:17:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc ;P
[Tue Jun 3 21:18:09 2003] : (1) DM: pause
[Tue Jun 3 21:18:18 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc he wasn't expecting that
[Tue Jun 3 21:18:25 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: brb, time to get ice cream, bloody hot in here
[Tue Jun 3 21:18:35 2003] : ** (3) Huerney gets a drink **
[Tue Jun 3 21:18:49 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc tries to find a way to kill her noeighbours
[Tue Jun 3 21:19:07 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: back
[Tue Jun 3 21:19:09 2003] : (1) DM: ooc what's wrong with your neighbours?
[Tue Jun 3 21:19:21 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc they are loud and obnoxious
[Tue Jun 3 21:19:44 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc they still have not understood that when they speak at their window it's like they were speaking right in my ears
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:07 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Try mine, she vacuums at 6:30 in the morning :(
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:12 2003] : (6) Nerin (enter): 21:20
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:18 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: wb :)
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: wb
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:24 2003] : (1) DM: My neighbour mows my front lawn.
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:26 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc what'd I miss?
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:33 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc nothing, we paused
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:39 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc ok
[Tue Jun 3 21:20:56 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Wanna switch neighbours David?
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:03 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc except an evil phrase from the Dm that said there were, of course, *no* emeralds in the temple
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:06 2003] : (1) DM: ooc No thanks.
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:10 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: OK folks I guess we should try to finf Terrance
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:32 2003] : (6) Nerin: Well lets head out and see what we can find in the town
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:50 2003] : (3) Huerney: He probably could find us what we want
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:52 2003] : (1) DM: You decend the stairs and towards the Templ exit.
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:52 2003] : (6) Nerin: We could try that theives guild. They're BOUND to have some!
[Tue Jun 3 21:21:53 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc and he asked what level we were, to prepare a nasty monster sheet with the proper CR
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:13 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:18 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Yes, that is what i meant by trying to find the emeralds the quickest way
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:19 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc we're all level3 right? ;)
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:21 2003] : (1) DM: As you approach the exit you hear harsh screeching and squabbling.
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:28 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lmao@Bert
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:32 2003] : (3) Huerney: Bloody women!
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:33 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy stops **
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:45 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne reaches for her swords **
[Tue Jun 3 21:22:55 2003] : ** (3) Huerney gets his bow ready **
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:06 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:06 2003] : ** (6) Nerin readies a hammer **
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:16 2003] : (3) Huerney: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:26 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:27 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: (readying sling) What's that? It's back?
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:30 2003] : ** (3) Huerney approaches with caution **
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:34 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:41 2003] : (1) DM: Huerney, as you peek around the smashed doors you see...
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:45 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Shhhh
[Tue Jun 3 21:23:55 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne follows Huerney **
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:04 2003] : ** (6) Nerin keeps close **
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:06 2003] : (1) DM: More bodies littering the Temple grounds....
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:07 2003] : (6) Nerin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-6] -> [14,-6] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:13 2003] : (1) DM: *clank, clank*
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:14 2003] : ** (4) Myfanwy stays at the back **
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:21 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc :P
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:24 2003] : (1) DM: Feasting on the bodies are...
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:33 2003] : ** (3) Huerney glances at the noisy dwarf **
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:46 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne looks over Huerney's shoulder **
[Tue Jun 3 21:24:47 2003] : ** (6) Nerin mouths "SORRY" **
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: ...
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:31 2003] : (1) DM: A number of hideous winged creatures. Their bodies vaguely human and feminine but scaly and green legs and body.
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:37 2003] : (3) Huerney: Bardic Knowledge [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:50 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:54 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Tue Jun 3 21:25:59 2003] : ** (3) Huerney motions to the others to prepare to attack **
[Tue Jun 3 21:26:08 2003] : (1) DM: They fight amongst themselves slashes at each other witth their clawed hands.
[Tue Jun 3 21:26:17 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne sheathes both her swords and readies her bow **
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:09 2003] : (1) Harpy: "*screech* Fresh flesh"
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:16 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc LMAO
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:25 2003] : (6) Nerin: (whisper) maybe we should let them kill each other first
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:26 2003] : (1) Harpy: The four harpys take to the air...
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:29 2003] : (1) Harpy: Initiative
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:32 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne rcognizes harpies **
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:33 2003] : (3) Huerney: Initiative [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:34 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Initiative Myfanwy [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:38 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: [4d6.takeHighest(3)] -> [6,6,6] = (18)
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:38 2003] : (6) Nerin: Initiative Nerin: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:41 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Initiative Ayhlanne : [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:46 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc oops Add 2 rto that
[Tue Jun 3 21:27:50 2003] : (3) Huerney: so 25
[Tue Jun 3 21:28:20 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc cat's grace not included
[Tue Jun 3 21:28:27 2003] : (1) Harpy: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Jun 3 21:28:29 2003] : ** (6) Nerin stows his hammer and draws his bow **
[Tue Jun 3 21:29:10 2003] : (1) Harpy: Huerney: your attack.
[Tue Jun 3 21:29:16 2003] : ** (3) Huerney begins his bard song... Inspire Courage (+1 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round **
[Tue Jun 3 21:29:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc range?
[Tue Jun 3 21:29:58 2003] : (1) DM: 60 ft
[Tue Jun 3 21:30:21 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc how spread outstanding?
[Tue Jun 3 21:30:30 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc how spread out?
[Tue Jun 3 21:30:39 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc bllody autocomplete!
[Tue Jun 3 21:30:46 2003] : (1) DM: They're all together at the moment. About 10 ft between them.
[Tue Jun 3 21:30:55 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc I turned it off
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:02 2003] : ** (3) Huerney runs 30 ft then casts soundburst on them **
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:11 2003] : (3) Huerney: Huerney White-eye casts Sound Burst ( level 2, "Deals 1d8 sonic damage to subjects; may stun them for 1 round (Will save to avoid)[1d8] -> [3] = (3)" )
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:20 2003] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:21 2003] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:22 2003] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:23 2003] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:26 2003] : (1) DM: DC?
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:35 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:43 2003] : (3) Huerney: umm15
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:49 2003] : (3) Huerney: they stunned?
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:55 2003] : (3) Huerney: Fall to the ground?
[Tue Jun 3 21:31:57 2003] : (1) DM: 4 harpies plunge to the ground
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:02 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc ROFL
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:13 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: wow!
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:28 2003] : (1) DM: *thud* *thud* *thump* *thud*
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:34 2003] : ** (3) Huerney begins his bard song... Inspire Courage (+1 hit and damage, +2 save vs Charm and Fear)... Effects begin on my next round **
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:35 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:37 2003] : (1) DM: [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:51 2003] : (1) DM: Harpies turn.
[Tue Jun 3 21:32:57 2003] : (1) DM: They lies there.
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:03 2003] : (3) Huerney: lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:03 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:05 2003] : (1) DM: Nerin? They're 60 ft away.
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:16 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc back
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:48 2003] : (6) Nerin: can I reach any of them for melee?
[Tue Jun 3 21:33:59 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc how fast can you run ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:34:04 2003] : (1) DM: Dunno. What's your movement?
[Tue Jun 3 21:34:34 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc 15ft?
[Tue Jun 3 21:34:50 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc probably not
[Tue Jun 3 21:35:08 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc is blue me ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:35:10 2003] : (1) DM: ooc you can run 60 ft but you can't attack. Or you can charge 30ft and attack.
[Tue Jun 3 21:35:10 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc run closer and shoot with my bow
[Tue Jun 3 21:35:24 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc how to turn off autocomplete? the irony being that i used it to write autocomplete
[Tue Jun 3 21:35:46 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc or foire from where you are
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:02 2003] : (6) Nerin: run to huerney and shoot
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:10 2003] : (6) Nerin: (at harpy!)
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:12 2003] : (1) DM: ooc SupressChatAutoComplete to 1. OpenRPG -> Settings -> CHat
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:15 2003] : (3) Huerney: lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:29 2003] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3) Huerney...
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:32 2003] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Nerin...
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc cheers DM
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:37 2003] : (6) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (base): [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:37 2003] : (6) Nerin: Critical hit? [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [3d8+12] -> [7,2,7,12] = (28)
[Tue Jun 3 21:36:37 2003] : (6) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (second): [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:04 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc kablammo!
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:09 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc first attack only
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:16 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc cos I ran
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:22 2003] : (1) DM: An arrow skewers a harpy to the ground.
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:36 2003] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne?
[Tue Jun 3 21:37:42 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc brb again
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:02 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc which one is dead ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:33 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: aims at harpy number 2
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:46 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:46 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:48 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (base): [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jun 3 21:38:48 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Comp Longbow +1 [Rapid Shot] (second): [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 21:39:01 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc first three attacks only if I remember correctly ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:39:03 2003] : (1) DM: miss, miss, hit.
[Tue Jun 3 21:39:20 2003] : (1) DM: Myfanwy?
[Tue Jun 3 21:39:51 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Move forward to Nerin, shoot at 4
[Tue Jun 3 21:39:52 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: MW Sling + MW bullets (base): [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:08 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: God I miss Anwen... *sigh*
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:08 2003] : (1) DM: ooc someone get Myfanwy a better weapon!
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:12 2003] : (1) DM: miss.
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc we will when we sell stuff!
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:40 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc unless something turns up in a hoard ;P
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:47 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:40:49 2003] : (1) DM: Wait. Looking in rules.
[Tue Jun 3 21:41:34 2003] : (1) DM: Hit
[Tue Jun 3 21:41:58 2003] : (1) DM: ooc forgot to subtract dex bonus to AC. Duh.
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:06 2003] : (1) DM: Huerney?
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:11 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc did Ayhlannes first hit then?
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:39 2003] : (1) DM: ooc yeah.
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:43 2003] : (3) Huerney: on 3
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:45 2003] : (3) Huerney: Rapidshot M'work Comp Longbow + Bardsong and PBS (base): [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:47 2003] : (3) Huerney: Rapidshot M'work Comp Longbow + Bardsong and PBS (base): [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Jun 3 21:42:47 2003] : (3) Huerney: Critical hit? [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [3d8+6] -> [2,7,5,6] = (20)
[Tue Jun 3 21:43:22 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Kickass!
[Tue Jun 3 21:43:23 2003] : (1) DM: Two hits. One's dead.
[Tue Jun 3 21:43:38 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc oooo
[Tue Jun 3 21:43:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc I fired at no3
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:23 2003] : (1) Harpy: The two remaining harpies launch themselves into the air.
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:37 2003] : (1) Harpy: One stands off and starts singing.
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:42 2003] : (1) Harpy: Make will saves everyone
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:50 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Will save: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:54 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Will save: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jun 3 21:44:55 2003] : (6) Nerin: Will save: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:00 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: uh oh...
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:31 2003] : (3) Huerney: Will save: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:39 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc phew!
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:44 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:45 2003] : (1) Harpy: ooc omg. Huerney made a will save!!!
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:52 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc unusual for me to make a bllody save!
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:56 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc lmao
[Tue Jun 3 21:45:59 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc and what a time to do it!
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:12 2003] : (1) Harpy: Myfanwy, Ayhlanne, and Nerin you all come under the songs influence.
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:30 2003] : ** (6) Nerin 's eyes glaze over **
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc /e looks up countersong!!
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:50 2003] : ** (1) Harpy swoops down on... **
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:52 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne stares at the harpy **
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:54 2003] : (1) Harpy: [1d3] -> [3] = (3)
[Tue Jun 3 21:46:58 2003] : (1) Harpy: Myfanwy
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:05 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc ouch!
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:12 2003] : (1) Harpy: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:15 2003] : (1) Harpy: AC?
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:23 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: 15 :(
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:54 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc would anyone care to use my perform check instead of their will save = +14 to roll ;)
[Tue Jun 3 21:47:56 2003] : (1) Harpy: The harpy whacks Myfanwy with what appears to be an old bone.
[Tue Jun 3 21:48:02 2003] : (1) Harpy: [1d4] -> [3] = (3) damage
[Tue Jun 3 21:48:19 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol @ old bone
[Tue Jun 3 21:48:35 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc I'm glad Harpies are female-ish!
[Tue Jun 3 21:48:57 2003] : (1) Harpy: Nerin, and they look *very* attractive right now.
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:00 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc lol @ nerin, he said bone, bot boner!
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:07 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc not
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:17 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc bot boner?? oo-er!
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:26 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:33 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc /me lifts his mind out of the gutter
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:33 2003] : (1) Harpy: Nerin, you walk towards Harpy #2
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:48 2003] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, you also.
[Tue Jun 3 21:49:49 2003] : ** (6) Nerin walks forward slowly **
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:14 2003] : (1) DM: Myfanwy, you too.
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:18 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne stares into empty air and walks forward **
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:19 2003] : (1) DM: Huerney, your turn.
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:32 2003] : (1) DM: #2 looks injured.
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:39 2003] : ** (3) Huerney looks around and begins a counter song... Perform check **
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:40 2003] : (1) DM: Barely keeping in the air.
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:44 2003] : (3) Huerney: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [13,15] = (28)
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:50 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc ;P
[Tue Jun 3 21:50:54 2003] : (3) Huerney: then shoots
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:02 2003] : (3) Huerney: Rapidshot M'work Comp Longbow + Bardsong and PBS (base): [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:03 2003] : (3) Huerney: Rapidshot M'work Comp Longbow + Bardsong and PBS (base): [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:09 2003] : (3) Huerney: at no2
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:16 2003] : (1) DM: Will saves for those under the spell.
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:21 2003] : (6) Nerin: Will save: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:24 2003] : (1) DM: nevermind
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc nope DM
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:50 2003] : (1) DM: The harpy spirals to the ground and lands with a splat.
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:53 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc and I got a 23! :(
[Tue Jun 3 21:51:57 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Will save: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)
[Tue Jun 3 21:52:07 2003] : (1) DM: ooc Huerney, what do you mean "nope"
[Tue Jun 3 21:52:17 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc err, nothing
[Tue Jun 3 21:52:47 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Will save: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:02 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc whos turn?
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:03 2003] : (1) Harpy: The remaining harpy starts singing.
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:15 2003] : (1) Harpy: Ayhlanne, you're under the spell again. Everyone else is fine.
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:21 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Dm
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:27 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: ooc can't I use the bard's countersong ?
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:34 2003] : (3) Huerney: They get to use my countersond as a save
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:41 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc countersong
[Tue Jun 3 21:53:44 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc thats what gave you the extra save
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:03 2003] : ** (1) Harpy swoops down on Huerney. **
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:07 2003] : (1) Harpy: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:14 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc, nope my perform check was 28
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:34 2003] : (1) Harpy: ooc so?
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:36 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc p28 of PHB
[Tue Jun 3 21:54:44 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc your counter gives us a new attempt at a will save
[Tue Jun 3 21:55:08 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc nope, my check = their will check
[Tue Jun 3 21:55:52 2003] : (1) Harpy: ooc doesn't say so in the harpy rules.
[Tue Jun 3 21:55:57 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc "The bards countersong allows the captivated creature to attempt a new will save"
[Tue Jun 3 21:56:25 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc it is a magical effect dependent on sound
[Tue Jun 3 21:56:54 2003] : (6) Nerin: ooc P118 MM
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:15 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc Ah, I don't read that when playing
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:32 2003] : (1) Harpy: ooc dunno. Think Huerney might be right.
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:38 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc inspire courage active for 4 more rounds
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:38 2003] : (1) DM: Nerin?
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:51 2003] : (1) DM: ooc Can't sing two songs at once.
[Tue Jun 3 21:57:59 2003] : (6) Nerin: shoot at No2
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:02 2003] : (6) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (base): [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:02 2003] : (6) Nerin: MW Longbow, composite Mighty +3, +1 Arrows (second): [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:10 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc keeps going for 5 rounds after stopping
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:27 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne does not really know where she is **
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:32 2003] : (1) DM: ooc so it does
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:41 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: ooc catchy tune lol
[Tue Jun 3 21:58:42 2003] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne, shoot away.
[Tue Jun 3 21:59:10 2003] : (3) Huerney: ooc it's the inspired courage that continues ;P
[Tue Jun 3 21:59:17 2003] : ** (5) Ayhlanne sddenly snaps out of charm and aims at one of the harpy (#2) **
[Tue Jun 3 21:59:37 2003] : (1) DM: Only one left/
[Tue Jun 3 21:59:49 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: #4 then
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:04 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Composite Longbow +1 (base): [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:04 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: MW Mighty Composite Longbow +1 (second): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:05 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13) ===> Damage: [3d8+12] -> [4,7,8,12] = (31)
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:37 2003] : (1) DM: Harpy gets an arrow in the heart and dies. tumbling to the ground.
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:44 2003] : (4) Myfanwy: Phew!
[Tue Jun 3 22:00:56 2003] : (6) Nerin: Nasty
[Tue Jun 3 22:01:21 2003] : (6) Nerin: Its as well you're a good singer
[Tue Jun 3 22:01:37 2003] : (3) Huerney: Yes, one of my best talents
[Tue Jun 3 22:01:57 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: First time I realize this is actually useful Huerney
[Tue Jun 3 22:01:59 2003] : (5) Ayhlanne: thank you
[Tue Jun 3 22:02:07 2003] : (1) DM: 600 XP each.
[Tue Jun 3 22:02:29 2003] : (1) DM: GAME END.