Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 24 March 2005

[Thu Mar 24 19:19:44 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Mar 24 19:19:44 2005] : (6) Finduilas: KMAO
[Thu Mar 24 19:21:05 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc What was the time again
[Thu Mar 24 19:21:20 2005] : (1) DM: You all pass the remainder of the night in peace at the inn
[Thu Mar 24 19:21:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc oh, you played me :)
[Thu Mar 24 19:21:35 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I jammed the trap :)
[Thu Mar 24 19:21:57 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc what's the standard rest HP recovery (I never can remember basic stuff)
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:01 2005] : (1) DM: The humans amongst you feel the need for a reasonable lay in
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:04 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc 1 HP per level.
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:08 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc 1 per level
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:16 2005] : (1) DM: 1 per leve;
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:25 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc What was the time again?
[Thu Mar 24 19:22:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc all the items from the lame-evil-doer, anythng interesting for me?
[Thu Mar 24 19:23:18 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc we havent sat down and split em yet
[Thu Mar 24 19:23:41 2005] : (1) DM: it's now mid-morning
[Thu Mar 24 19:24:14 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc k
[Thu Mar 24 19:24:20 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc list of items....Ring of protection +2, Cloak of resistance +1, Boots of winterland, cat pendant (somehow imbues with cats grace spell), sling +1, staff +2 (special...made of the growth stuff)
[Thu Mar 24 19:24:26 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Aww, I thought it was earlier when we returned, I wanted to wait for sunrise to meditate before resting
[Thu Mar 24 19:24:28 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen awakes
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:07 2005] : (1) DM: findus would have done whatever she felt she needed, she already rested didn't she?
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:11 2005] : (7) Berrawyn: Berrawyn is already up and has checked on the animals
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:33 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian studies his spellbooks, Gilbert waits patiently for him
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:38 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella has woken up at dawn and spent time just bumming around
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:49 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Surely not for 4 hours, we got woken up by that dreadful woman torturing those dwarfs
[Thu Mar 24 19:25:50 2005] : (1) DM: Anyway, she can rest after sunrise if not, as the humans need a good chunk of rest
[Thu Mar 24 19:26:05 2005] : (6) Finduilas: OK :)
[Thu Mar 24 19:26:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella has woken up at dawn and spent time just bumming around
[Thu Mar 24 19:26:39 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas wakes up and joins Farkenella
[Thu Mar 24 19:26:57 2005] : (1) DM: Farky sees people going a bout their business downstairs - she can have breakfast if she wishes
[Thu Mar 24 19:27:04 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen tucks into a hearty late breakfast before finding the others.
[Thu Mar 24 19:27:21 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella has breakfast, a huge one
[Thu Mar 24 19:27:38 2005] : (7) Berrawyn: Berrawyn sees Aspen and joins him at brekkie
[Thu Mar 24 19:28:27 2005] : (1) DM: 5 sp for a full day's food according to the PHB, so count it as full board and add that to your bill of 2 gp per day stay and 1gp for stabling
[Thu Mar 24 19:29:31 2005] : (1) DM: Serving girls to and fro about the inn and serve you as you wish
[Thu Mar 24 19:29:34 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Do we have any plans?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:30:13 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Shouldn't we report back to that water druid?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:30:39 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas orders breakfast
[Thu Mar 24 19:30:43 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Yes. I was going to do that later today. Perhaps while the rest of you make your report to the palace."
[Thu Mar 24 19:31:04 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian and gilbert wander downstairs and order breakfast
[Thu Mar 24 19:31:11 2005] : (2) Aspen: "And then I must gather some equipment to get these dwarfs out of town. Some sort of suitable disguise I think."
[Thu Mar 24 19:31:39 2005] : (7) Berrawyn: "What possible disguise would work?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:32:25 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Farky could probably come up with something. I'll ask her when I see her."
[Thu Mar 24 19:32:33 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I'd really like to find out more about what they know on the forest elves"
[Thu Mar 24 19:32:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "But I guess I can't really talk to the about it"
[Thu Mar 24 19:32:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella sighs
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I'm here, aren't I?
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:08 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian places a load of loot on the table
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:19 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "You could talk to them, but they just might ignore you"
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:23 2005] : (7) Berrawyn: "Well, What have we here?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:32 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc list of items....Ring of protection +2, Cloak of resistance +1, Boots of winterland, cat pendant (somehow imbues with cats grace spell), sling +1, staff +2 (special...made of the growth stuff)
[Thu Mar 24 19:33:53 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc er, yes you are Farky. My mistake.
[Thu Mar 24 19:34:00 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok
[Thu Mar 24 19:34:16 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lol, I was worried here for a minute that I had gone transparent or something
[Thu Mar 24 19:34:40 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Farky, I will ask them if they know anything. Though I suspect you won't like the answer. The seem to view elves in the way elves view goblins."
[Thu Mar 24 19:34:56 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "or dwarves..."
[Thu Mar 24 19:35:41 2005] : (8) Berrawyn (enter): 19:35
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:00 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc BOLLOCKS!
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:00 2005] : (7) Berrawyn (exit): 19:36
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "there are two ways to go about this. Either we show them off, or we hide them"
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Either can work"
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:18 2005] : (5) Laucian: "or we turn them invisible"
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:29 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Surely it has to be hide them in some way"
[Thu Mar 24 19:36:37 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Can you do that Laucian?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Berrawyn: sometimes showing off is the better disguise than trying to look unconspicuous"
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:12 2005] : (5) Laucian: "well, not today. I have only one spell memorised for that kind of situation"
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:17 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I don't think we need to go overboard. It's not like we're smuggling out the Duke'some daughter or anything like that.".
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:17 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "But of course, if we can make them invisible..."
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:44 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Why not show them off? Who's going to suspect anything when we act like we have nothing to hide (which we haven't, really) "
[Thu Mar 24 19:37:52 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Perhaps even a big covered wagon would suffice"
[Thu Mar 24 19:39:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I agree, maybe just changing gear and color (a little face paint or something) could do the trick
[Thu Mar 24 19:39:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "If they are not recognizable as Chardun, it should succeed"
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:03 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "People are used to dwarfs in the city, so let's just make them look like different dwarfs"
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:16 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Well, I'm off to speak to Darman now."
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:34 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I'll go with you, I'd like to meet him"
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:43 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "But will any amount of makeup and disguise fool another dwarf?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:45 2005] : (5) Laucian: "hold on everyone"
[Thu Mar 24 19:40:52 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Yes?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:21 2005] : (5) Laucian: "before you all go wandering off would you please decide who gets what from this pile of stuff. I dont intend to carry it for everyone"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "what is it Laucian?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:33 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:35 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Hm"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:38 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Well"
[Thu Mar 24 19:41:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Not sure I need any of this"
[Thu Mar 24 19:42:16 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc could you repeat the list again?
[Thu Mar 24 19:42:17 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen picks up the staff.
[Thu Mar 24 19:42:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Or the cat pendant maybe, but surely someone needs it more than I do?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:43:15 2005] : (2) Aspen: "The is rather curious. (to Laucian) I would like to know more about it if possible."
[Thu Mar 24 19:43:24 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I don't need grace, it doesn't go with my armour"
[Thu Mar 24 19:45:09 2005] : (5) Laucian: "oh...and when you take an item I would expect a little compensation for the cost of the scroll I gave up to get them identified"
[Thu Mar 24 19:45:35 2005] : (1) DM: You'll have to find out how the pendant is activated by trial
[Thu Mar 24 19:45:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Berrawyn? Do you have any use for it?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:45:58 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Oh sure. Here (hands over 200 gp) this should cover it, right?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:46:45 2005] : (5) Laucian: "no aspen, I wont take your money until we know what you are having. I dont want to be unfair. and 200gp would be too much for any one item"
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:10 2005] : (5) Laucian: "does anyone want anything?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:15 2005] : (1) DM: ooc Take it, he never spends any anyway :P
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:31 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "I'm not sure. I dont honestly think I can move much better in this studded armour anyway"
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:40 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc could you repeat the list again?
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:44 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Who doesnt have a cloak already?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:52 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc list of items....Ring of protection +2, Cloak of resistance +1, Boots of winterland, cat pendant (somehow imbues with cats grace spell), sling +1, staff +2 (special...made of the growth stuff)
[Thu Mar 24 19:47:57 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc ta
[Thu Mar 24 19:48:19 2005] : (5) Laucian: "does anyone use a sling?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:48:32 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I'll take the pendant, just for the hell of trying it out"
[Thu Mar 24 19:48:38 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I try out the staff for a bit unless some else wants it. I have a sling already."
[Thu Mar 24 19:48:41 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "It seems obvious to me who benifit from the pendant and the staff, and Aspen might like the sling"
[Thu Mar 24 19:48:42 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, tell me how much you need"
[Thu Mar 24 19:49:02 2005] : (5) Laucian: "75gp for each item should cover it"
[Thu Mar 24 19:49:18 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Whatever we don't need we'll sell, and give Laucian a bigger share in it"
[Thu Mar 24 19:49:25 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Or we can sell the cloak and boots if noone wants them and give you your money worth back"
[Thu Mar 24 19:49:57 2005] : (5) Laucian: "does anyone not wear a cloak already?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:16 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn swishes his cloak
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:18 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen swishes his cloak about.
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:20 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I do like the ring, though, Berrawyn, are you interested in it?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:31 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian swishes a cloak too
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:33 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella hides in her cloak
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:37 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas shows her cloak
[Thu Mar 24 19:50:47 2005] : (5) Laucian: "ok, we sell the cloak"
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:05 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "You take the ring. I'll be fine"
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:09 2005] : (5) Laucian: "the ring could work for any of us (it gives a deflection bonus to ac)"
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:14 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "The boots?""Anyone take the boots."
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:25 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I have my slippers"
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:42 2005] : (2) Aspen: "What do they do?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:45 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc 2 rings max, is it?
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:53 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc yup
[Thu Mar 24 19:51:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc even when you're a woman? ;)
[Thu Mar 24 19:52:02 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I'm fine with my boots. And how often will we be walking through the cold anyway?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:52:10 2005] : (5) Laucian: "keep you warm, let you move on snow and ice"
[Thu Mar 24 19:52:10 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 24 19:52:18 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "How much do you think they would be worth?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:52:32 2005] : (2) Aspen: "They sound useful. If no one else wants them..."
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:00 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian passes boots to aspen
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:05 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "If you want them, take them"
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:17 2005] : (5) Laucian: "The cat pendant to Farkenella?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:21 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "I'll pass on them, but I'd like first pick on a good bow"
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:34 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: brb, beer is having an effect :(
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:35 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "You're on, Berrawyn"
[Thu Mar 24 19:53:44 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 24 19:54:10 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Who wants that ring?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:54:20 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I would like it"
[Thu Mar 24 19:54:29 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Take it, then"
[Thu Mar 24 19:54:42 2005] : (5) Laucian: "that ok with everyone?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:54:50 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Sure."
[Thu Mar 24 19:55:11 2005] : (5) Laucian: "thankyou"
[Thu Mar 24 19:55:21 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "So we need to sell a sling and a cloak and give Laucian 300gp from those proceeds"
[Thu Mar 24 19:55:45 2005] : (5) Laucian: "forget the money for the scroll"
[Thu Mar 24 19:55:56 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Are you sure?"
[Thu Mar 24 19:56:04 2005] : (5) Laucian: "aye"
[Thu Mar 24 19:56:12 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "OK then"
[Thu Mar 24 19:56:31 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc back
[Thu Mar 24 19:57:30 2005] : (1) DM: Time passes while you debate the items
[Thu Mar 24 19:57:36 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 24 19:57:55 2005] : (1) DM: It's now nearing mid-day and several groups of merchants have entered for lunch
[Thu Mar 24 20:00:06 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc can we sell the cloak on the spot?
[Thu Mar 24 20:00:30 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc what about the sling?
[Thu Mar 24 20:00:32 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc We can try ;)
[Thu Mar 24 20:00:41 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc back
[Thu Mar 24 20:00:54 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc That too, unless you or your mate wants it
[Thu Mar 24 20:01:09 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc not out type of weapon thanks
[Thu Mar 24 20:01:14 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc our
[Thu Mar 24 20:03:13 2005] : (5) Laucian: "so lets sell em"
[Thu Mar 24 20:03:35 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "That was what I suggested"
[Thu Mar 24 20:03:48 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "See if any of these merchants are interested"
[Thu Mar 24 20:03:55 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen sells his +1 staff too.
[Thu Mar 24 20:04:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella goes out to the merchants
[Thu Mar 24 20:04:59 2005] : (1) DM: You can sell them both to Zalzabar's
[Thu Mar 24 20:05:23 2005] : (1) DM: Getting the usual looking down their noses at you
[Thu Mar 24 20:05:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella sells them for the best price ever
[Thu Mar 24 20:05:45 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ;)
[Thu Mar 24 20:05:46 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc could we get more info on the staff at zalzabars?
[Thu Mar 24 20:05:57 2005] : (1) DM: you could try
[Thu Mar 24 20:06:02 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc and maybe the pendant
[Thu Mar 24 20:06:38 2005] : (1) DM: ooc how much is it to get a spell cast for you?
[Thu Mar 24 20:06:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc and on the pendant?
[Thu Mar 24 20:06:49 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc No harm in trying
[Thu Mar 24 20:06:56 2005] : (1) DM: again, you can but try
[Thu Mar 24 20:07:19 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc dmg p149
[Thu Mar 24 20:09:25 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc does that place sell scrolls?
[Thu Mar 24 20:09:41 2005] : (1) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 24 20:09:53 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Well, Im off to Zalzabars"
[Thu Mar 24 20:10:01 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I'll come with you"
[Thu Mar 24 20:10:14 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Any reason for us all not going?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:10:19 2005] : (5) Laucian: "good. I dont actally know where it is"
[Thu Mar 24 20:10:52 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian gets ready to follow Farkenella
[Thu Mar 24 20:10:58 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Lead on lady"
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Where is ti?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:27 2005] : (5) Laucian: "no reason at all berrawyn"
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:29 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I have no clue"
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:37 2005] : (4) Farkenella: *it
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:37 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Aspen, maybe we could visit your friend now?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:11:39 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I dont know, does anyone know?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:12:05 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Has anyone even seen this zalzabars that we hear about?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:12:28 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella asks around the Inn
[Thu Mar 24 20:12:31 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Berrawyn has a *real* good map of the city
[Thu Mar 24 20:12:45 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Oh yes, so I do"
[Thu Mar 24 20:12:56 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn consult the map
[Thu Mar 24 20:13:05 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Let me just sell this staff... Actually, maybe Darman could find a use for it."
[Thu Mar 24 20:13:06 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Can someone take me to Zalzabars"
[Thu Mar 24 20:13:46 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Maybe we should find out more about your new staff before you get rid of your old one"
[Thu Mar 24 20:13:57 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows Berrawyn
[Thu Mar 24 20:15:03 2005] : (1) DM: See SW map here
[Thu Mar 24 20:15:21 2005] : (1) DM: You have actually been there before
[Thu Mar 24 20:15:27 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Lets go then"
[Thu Mar 24 20:15:49 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Laucian heads outside"
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:01 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian heads outside
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:07 2005] : (1) DM: You get to the shop with no problems
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:19 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Was that the place they wouldn't even give us the time of day?
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:24 2005] : (1) DM: Yes
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, I'll let you do the talk, even for the pendant, if you don't mind"
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:34 2005] : (5) Laucian: "ok"
[Thu Mar 24 20:16:53 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian enters shop and walks straight to whoever is working
[Thu Mar 24 20:17:05 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Excuse me"
[Thu Mar 24 20:17:40 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc who is there with me n del?
[Thu Mar 24 20:17:49 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc i am
[Thu Mar 24 20:17:56 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc me
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:09 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian places the cloak and sling on the counter
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:09 2005] : (1) DM: You get past the guard with the usual hassle of leaving your weapons, even those for sale
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:21 2005] : (1) DM: "Yes... sir?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:35 2005] : (5) Laucian: "We have a few items we would like to sell"
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:41 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen follows for a bit of shopping.
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:42 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Ah?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:18:54 2005] : (5) Laucian: "A standard cloak of resistance"
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:06 2005] : (5) Laucian: "and one enchanted sling"
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:10 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas walks with Aspen
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:15 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Hmm, yes, we will purchase one of those"
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:20 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Let me see
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:31 2005] : (1) Assistant: "350 gold pieces for the cloak"
[Thu Mar 24 20:19:40 2005] : (1) Assistant: "And 450 for the sling"
[Thu Mar 24 20:20:05 2005] : (5) Laucian: "and I say we go somewhere else"
[Thu Mar 24 20:20:33 2005] : (1) DM: You're going to have to barter for anything better
[Thu Mar 24 20:20:34 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian picks everything up again and turns to leave
[Thu Mar 24 20:20:42 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Mar 24 20:20:54 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Hmm, not so fast sir, perhaps we can negotiate"
[Thu Mar 24 20:21:05 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian turns back
[Thu Mar 24 20:21:10 2005] : (5) Laucian: "indeed we can"
[Thu Mar 24 20:21:15 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn has been loitering, looking at things on sale
[Thu Mar 24 20:21:21 2005] : (5) Laucian: "start by making a sensible offer please"
[Thu Mar 24 20:21:45 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Well, perhaps you could let me know your expectations"
[Thu Mar 24 20:22:24 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I expect a fair price for the sale of my goods just as you do for yours."
[Thu Mar 24 20:22:54 2005] : (1) Assistant: Hmm, well, 400 for the cloak, and 500 for the sling then?
[Thu Mar 24 20:23:01 2005] : (5) Laucian: "and while Im here do you have a catalogue or price list for your goods"
[Thu Mar 24 20:23:25 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Hmm, yes we do"
[Thu Mar 24 20:23:32 2005] : (5) Laucian: "then hand it over"
[Thu Mar 24 20:23:50 2005] : (1) Assistant: he hands you a plush catalogue with fancy woodcut illustrations
[Thu Mar 24 20:23:57 2005] : (1) Assistant: "The catalog is 10gp"
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:02 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooC LMAO
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:08 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian turns to the pages for scrolls
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:10 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc ROTFLOL
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:30 2005] : (1) DM: You notice on browsing that all prices are 10% higher than DMG/PHB prices
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:45 2005] : (1) DM: You've stumbled into the Habitat of Dorduk
[Thu Mar 24 20:24:47 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I dont want to buy the catalogue, just look at it while here. If I decide to take it with me then Ill pay"
[Thu Mar 24 20:25:11 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 24 20:25:24 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc pretty much all the minor items in the book? plus some medium?
[Thu Mar 24 20:25:41 2005] : (1) DM: Although each item does have it's maker's name engraved or scrawled on it, so that makes it much more valuable ;)
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:09 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:15 2005] : (1) DM: All medium are there, but may not be in stock
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:22 2005] : (1) DM: Some are cutom to order
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:42 2005] : (5) Laucian: all minor tho?
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:46 2005] : (1) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 24 20:26:57 2005] : (2) Aspen: (quietly) "Why are we shopping here? Is there another shop we can try instead?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:27:19 2005] : (5) Laucian: "right. so you sell the cloak for 1100gp and the sling for over 2000"
[Thu Mar 24 20:27:28 2005] : (6) Finduilas: (quietly) "They might be able to tell us about the amulet and staff here"
[Thu Mar 24 20:27:57 2005] : (1) DM: oops make his offers for the sling 900 and 1000 respectively
[Thu Mar 24 20:27:59 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: (also quietly) "Bet they'll charge an arm and a leg to tell you anything though"
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:10 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:18 2005] : (1) DM: "Yes sir, but we have to hold stock and..."
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: (quietly) "I guess they would"
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:29 2005] : (5) Laucian: "and a sling takes up sooo much room"
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:31 2005] : (6) Finduilas: (quietly) "Laucian seems to be a good bargainer, let's leave it to him for now"
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:33 2005] : (1) DM: He goes on with all sorts of sales and marketing drivel
[Thu Mar 24 20:28:46 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc What else? ;)
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:04 2005] : (5) Laucian: "well, lets see. I would assume a lot of your stock comes from adventurers like us, correct?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:22 2005] : (1) Assistant: "To be honest sir, no"
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:31 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc no?
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:39 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Most of our stock comes from the gentlemen descendents of this city"
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:55 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc roflmao
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:59 2005] : (1) Assistant: "I assume that they have inherited them from 'adventurous' parents"
[Thu Mar 24 20:29:59 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "You don't buy stuff, put your own stamp on it and then sell if for the full price then?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:30:36 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Most of our items are crafted in this very establishment"
[Thu Mar 24 20:30:54 2005] : (1) Assistant: "We are a well established and honourable mainstay of this city"
[Thu Mar 24 20:31:06 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc my whole bartering strategy up in smoke now :(
[Thu Mar 24 20:31:15 2005] : (1) Assistant: "We have deals with the army, the navy, the knights of Pelor"
[Thu Mar 24 20:32:00 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Of course much of this gear is not magical"
[Thu Mar 24 20:32:04 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I tell you what, lets save some time here"
[Thu Mar 24 20:32:09 2005] : (4) Farkenella: (quietly) Finduilas... maybe you can help?
[Thu Mar 24 20:32:26 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Although thew knights do occasionally commission a special item"
[Thu Mar 24 20:32:58 2005] : (1) Assistant: "And of course the Duke and local nobles all equip their households here"
[Thu Mar 24 20:33:31 2005] : (1) Assistant: "And, yes, the occasional rare item brougt in by adventurers is very useful and desireable"
[Thu Mar 24 20:33:44 2005] : (5) Laucian: "well let you buy the two items for 1750gp on the condition that you fully identify all the functions and how to activate them on the pendant and staff we have. Plus Ill be wanting to make some purchases of my own for which I will be happy to pay book price"
[Thu Mar 24 20:34:14 2005] : (5) Laucian: "That could well save us half an hour of arguing"
[Thu Mar 24 20:34:35 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Laucian, can you make them look over my armour too, please."
[Thu Mar 24 20:34:51 2005] : (6) Finduilas: (quietly) "What do you want me to do?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:35:12 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Ah, sir, that price is way above our purchase price, without including one magical analysis, never mind two
[Thu Mar 24 20:35:15 2005] : (5) Laucian: "and lets include the druids armour too, we need that looked at"
[Thu Mar 24 20:35:22 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn casually leans against a handy wall
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:03 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc was there another less posh shop?
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: (quietly to Finduilas) never mind
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:25 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc sorry, identify gives activation method... run the cat between it's ears (standard action)
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:32 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc err run = rub
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:34 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Farkenella and raises her eyebrows
[Thu Mar 24 20:36:51 2005] : (5) Laucian: "1500 and investigate the staff and the armour"
[Thu Mar 24 20:37:04 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc Delgain's, but he can't analyse Dweomer
[Thu Mar 24 20:37:13 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc and his spell list is limited
[Thu Mar 24 20:37:31 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian looks in the book for a particular scroll
[Thu Mar 24 20:37:51 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Ser a Dweomer analysis costs 800 gold pieces, we are not in the habit of wasting money here"
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:03 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc bum
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:12 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Hence the markup between our purchase price and our sale price"
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:22 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Look, we don't mind paying reasonable prices, but we do mind paying too much. Do you want us as customers or not?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:28 2005] : (1) Assistant: "We don't want to hand the duke a cursed item now do we?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:29 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc so looks like we give em the sling and cloak just for them to tell us about the armour and staff
[Thu Mar 24 20:38:52 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc what does party think o that?
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:03 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Ask us ;)
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:18 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian huddles with the party
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:24 2005] : (1) Assistant: [1d10] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:26 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Well madam, we like new customers, but we are a business, not a charity"
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:26 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc *shrug* Aspen's loaded. He has 8 gems and 4 amulets + > 2000 gp.
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:33 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc oops, ignore that
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:37 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc But since neither of us is particularly greedy ...
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:43 2005] : (5) Laucian: "for them to i.d. the 2 items itll pretty much cost the sling and cloak"
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:45 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc go for it
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I am ok, if you're ok with it, if I counted well, you should be able to get 300 GP out of the whole transaction in the end no?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:39:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Or buy yourself any scroll"
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:13 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc how mch for my scroll dm?
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:37 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc sorry my typing is slow/crap tonight....cel tried to cut my finger off yesterday
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:44 2005] : (4) Farkenella: nice
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc nice
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:47 2005] : (1) Assistant: 412gp
[Thu Mar 24 20:40:48 2005] : (4) Farkenella: lol
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:12 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Let's get on with it so we can do something useful today"
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:25 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I propose we try and get the two items looked at fully plus my scroll for the price of selling the sling and cloak...I cant see a better option"
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:26 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc not sure I want to know why she tried
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:44 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Sounds good enough to me."
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:55 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian makes the same offer to the assisstant
[Thu Mar 24 20:41:57 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Sounds like its the best we'll get out of these theives"
[Thu Mar 24 20:42:13 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Businessmen, Berrawyn"
[Thu Mar 24 20:42:18 2005] : (1) Assistant: "A dweomer analysis will take 8 hours per item, and as it's particularly taxing one day is required per item. To do both items in one day incurs a 20% levy on the full price"
[Thu Mar 24 20:42:23 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas winks at Berrawyn
[Thu Mar 24 20:42:27 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Oh yes, pardon my mistake"
[Thu Mar 24 20:42:34 2005] : (1) Assistant: "2000gp for two items"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:02 2005] : (5) Laucian: "no need to do both in one day, scrap the 20%"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:08 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "You're charging us extra because it's difficult for you?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:10 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Although, maybe I was correct"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc wtf is a dweomer analysis?
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:16 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Sir, we are not thieves. We are businesspeople doing a legitimate business"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:25 2005] : (1) Assistant: "you are free to go elsewhere"
[Thu Mar 24 20:43:49 2005] : (5) Laucian: "look. give me the scroll and analyse the 2 items over the next two days and you can have the cloak and sling"
[Thu Mar 24 20:44:01 2005] : (1) Assistant: "i believe that there's another magical establishment 200 leagues away in Haldaria"
[Thu Mar 24 20:44:17 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Hmmm"
[Thu Mar 24 20:44:29 2005] : (1) Assistant: ooc Analyse dweomer in PHB spells
[Thu Mar 24 20:44:43 2005] : (5) Laucian: "do we hae a deal?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:45:13 2005] : (1) Assistant: "No sir, we do not"
[Thu Mar 24 20:45:25 2005] : (1) Assistant: "If that's the best you can do, I'll have to say good day"
[Thu Mar 24 20:45:40 2005] : (1) Assistant: He looks at Findus
[Thu Mar 24 20:46:05 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas looks back
[Thu Mar 24 20:46:18 2005] : (1) Assistant: "We charge extra for two or more items required in the same night as it requires two, or more of our most trained staff to perform it"
[Thu Mar 24 20:46:34 2005] : (1) Assistant: "that affects business, and therefore attracts a permium"
[Thu Mar 24 20:46:48 2005] : (2) Aspen: "We can just wait. We're not in much of a hurry."
[Thu Mar 24 20:46:51 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I said not to do it on the same night, do it over two"
[Thu Mar 24 20:47:02 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Yes, I gatherd that, but I still find it strange. Perhaps that's jujst because I'm not in business"
[Thu Mar 24 20:47:59 2005] : (1) Assistant: "The full deal will require another payment of 372 gold pieces"
[Thu Mar 24 20:48:52 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Righjt that's it? Do we want the stuff identified? Laucian, do you want that scroll?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:48:58 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I do"
[Thu Mar 24 20:49:02 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: (To laucian) "How about we just do the staff for now?"
[Thu Mar 24 20:49:38 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella throws in 372 GP "Let's move on"
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:01 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian waits for the scroll
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:07 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Ahem, please remove that gold"
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:28 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas gives Farkenella 186gp
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:35 2005] : (1) Assistant: "Please pay at the secure counter at the rear of the shop and deposit the items there"
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella fulminates
[Thu Mar 24 20:50:56 2005] : (1) Assistant: "You will be given a receipt, upon which I will get the scroll"
[Thu Mar 24 20:51:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Finduilas, pease do it, or I am oing to get nervous"
[Thu Mar 24 20:51:23 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella hands out 186 GP to Findulas
[Thu Mar 24 20:51:57 2005] : (1) DM: Once you've done all that he gives the scroll to Laucian
[Thu Mar 24 20:51:59 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas picks up the 372gp and goes to the counter to pay
[Thu Mar 24 20:53:16 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian takes the scroll and leaves
[Thu Mar 24 20:53:24 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn collects his equipment from the hired goons on the door as he leaves
[Thu Mar 24 20:54:21 2005] : (1) DM: So which item have you left with them first?
[Thu Mar 24 20:54:41 2005] : (5) Laucian: staff?
[Thu Mar 24 20:54:51 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc we've probably left nboth and will come back in two days?
[Thu Mar 24 20:55:00 2005] : (2) Aspen: I have the staff
[Thu Mar 24 20:55:13 2005] : (2) Aspen: and the armour.
[Thu Mar 24 20:55:33 2005] : (1) DM: Have you left either?
[Thu Mar 24 20:56:11 2005] : (1) DM: Game Pause
[Thu Mar 24 20:56:44 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc I'm leaving what ever we agreed to. Which still isn't clear to me.
[Thu Mar 24 20:57:10 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc the staff and the armour will be fully analysed
[Thu Mar 24 20:57:42 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok, not the pendant then?
[Thu Mar 24 20:57:48 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc It will take 2 days, but it's already paid for, so leave what you want analysed first
[Thu Mar 24 20:57:57 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc no need, to activate it you rub it between the ears
[Thu Mar 24 20:58:53 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc k
[Thu Mar 24 20:59:20 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc The DM didn't realise it the identify by the gnome would have told us that
[Thu Mar 24 21:01:16 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc does it purr when you activate it?
[Thu Mar 24 21:01:39 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 24 21:01:55 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc It probably hisses and claws
[Thu Mar 24 21:02:48 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I'm going to be allergic
[Thu Mar 24 21:02:49 2005] : (4) Farkenella: dammit
[Thu Mar 24 21:03:01 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: brb
[Thu Mar 24 21:03:24 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Only if it sheds ;)
[Thu Mar 24 21:03:31 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc where next?
[Thu Mar 24 21:03:40 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc no, it's the saliva, not the hair
[Thu Mar 24 21:04:19 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc It's a good thing you don't have our cat Tigger then, he drools
[Thu Mar 24 21:04:28 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc what happened to the DM?
[Thu Mar 24 21:04:48 2005] : (1) DM: telephone
[Thu Mar 24 21:05:06 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ohhhhh
[Thu Mar 24 21:05:41 2005] : (1) DM: back
[Thu Mar 24 21:05:49 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Surely that's what the machine is for, while playing
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:01 2005] : (1) DM: Sorry about that, brother went into hospital today for his second hip - a day early
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:25 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: oco ouch :(
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:36 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Ahh. No need to apologise though
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:48 2005] : (1) DM: ooc well, it's better replaced than knackered
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:50 2005] : (2) Aspen: np.
[Thu Mar 24 21:06:55 2005] : (1) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Mar 24 21:07:35 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc So what is Aspen having identified?
[Thu Mar 24 21:07:38 2005] : (1) DM: ooc just leave the staff first
[Thu Mar 24 21:07:44 2005] : (5) Laucian: "I need to wander off for a while, can you lot look after gilbert for me?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:07:46 2005] : (2) Aspen: "How that's out of the way. I'm heading for Darman."
[Thu Mar 24 21:07:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Mar 24 21:08:01 2005] : (1) DM: You have to take the armour off, and that wouldn't be pretty ;)
[Thu Mar 24 21:08:29 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc I'm obvously wearing something underneath. Don't want it chafing.
[Thu Mar 24 21:08:33 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Mar 24 21:08:51 2005] : (1) DM: Druid... hairshirt probably
[Thu Mar 24 21:08:52 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian goes back to the inn
[Thu Mar 24 21:09:35 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Oooh, itchy
[Thu Mar 24 21:10:01 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen heads for the garden's to find Darman.
[Thu Mar 24 21:10:02 2005] : (1) DM: Ok, it's not long after 1pm now
[Thu Mar 24 21:10:19 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas goes with Aspen
[Thu Mar 24 21:10:43 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn tags along again (with the map)
[Thu Mar 24 21:10:44 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Aspen, I wanted to talk with you about last night and your talk with the dwarfs"
[Thu Mar 24 21:11:05 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Yes?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:11:30 2005] : (1) DM: You arrive at the gardens of Valkur and find him as he told you
[Thu Mar 24 21:12:27 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I just want to make sure there are no misunderstandings between us. I don't mind you wanting to end things without bloodshed, I applaud that, but I do have a few problems"
[Thu Mar 24 21:13:26 2005] : (2) Aspen: waits
[Thu Mar 24 21:14:24 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Please, make sure next time to not promise anything in our name without discussing it with us first. And don't lie again, I have real problems with that"
[Thu Mar 24 21:14:45 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "That is all I have to say, really"
[Thu Mar 24 21:15:52 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Someone who promises not to lie breaks that promise before he's even started."
[Thu Mar 24 21:16:11 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Why?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:16:26 2005] : (2) Aspen: "But enough. It worked out in the end and there's nothing more to be said."
[Thu Mar 24 21:16:36 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Greetings Darman."
[Thu Mar 24 21:16:38 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas looks confused
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:02 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Well met, Darman"
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:19 2005] : (1) Darman: Darman looks up, then smiles
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:27 2005] : (1) Darman: "Well, hello again Aspen"
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:34 2005] : (1) Darman: "How goes your mission?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:36 2005] : (2) Aspen: "What's the situations with the water?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:41 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 24 21:17:58 2005] : (1) Darman: "Hmm, to be honest, i'm not sure"
[Thu Mar 24 21:18:13 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Sorry?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:18:15 2005] : (1) Darman: "Perhaps I should ask flipper"
[Thu Mar 24 21:18:36 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Please do"
[Thu Mar 24 21:18:39 2005] : (1) Darman: He walks to the docks then makes a clicking noise
[Thu Mar 24 21:19:11 2005] : (1) Darman: Shortly afterwards a dolphin appears in the dock and he clicks some more
[Thu Mar 24 21:19:17 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc /me jumps out of the water and says "yes?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:19:26 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc lol!
[Thu Mar 24 21:19:26 2005] : (1) Darman: "Hmm, it seems things are better indeed"
[Thu Mar 24 21:20:02 2005] : (1) Darman: "They began clearing up "I must congratulate you"
[Thu Mar 24 21:20:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc we did it *boasts*
[Thu Mar 24 21:20:17 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "That's good to hear"
[Thu Mar 24 21:20:53 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Though we can't take any credit for it"
[Thu Mar 24 21:21:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "We cannot?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:21:17 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Yes. I'm not entirely sure what the cause was."
[Thu Mar 24 21:21:18 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella sighs
[Thu Mar 24 21:21:35 2005] : (1) Darman: "You cannot take credit?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:21:50 2005] : (1) Darman: "But you set to the job, and it cleared up"
[Thu Mar 24 21:22:07 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "We have some idea what caused it and how it was solved"
[Thu Mar 24 21:22:55 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas tells about the wight and the mage,not mentioning any details that might tell who particularly was involved
[Thu Mar 24 21:23:07 2005] : (1) Darman: "Any clues will be helpful, I'd hate to see this happening again"
[Thu Mar 24 21:23:23 2005] : (2) Aspen: "It may have had something to do with a Water Wight."
[Thu Mar 24 21:23:33 2005] : (1) Darman: "Hmm, a water wight"
[Thu Mar 24 21:23:55 2005] : (1) Darman: "I've not seen such outside the open seas before"
[Thu Mar 24 21:24:21 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "So you see it problably was solved before we even got there. And we still don't know how that wight ended up in the sewers"
[Thu Mar 24 21:24:36 2005] : (1) Darman: "Often the souls of those pirates who are killed by their own men"
[Thu Mar 24 21:24:44 2005] : (1) Darman: "Evil sorts who die an evil death"
[Thu Mar 24 21:25:04 2005] : (1) Darman: "Indeed"
[Thu Mar 24 21:25:34 2005] : (1) Darman: "it's possible that someone was drowned in that pool in an act of murder"
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:04 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Ant then turned into that wight?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:07 2005] : (6) Finduilas: and
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:19 2005] : (1) Darman: "I'm only speculating of course"
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:22 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas shudders
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:27 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Regardless, it matters not the cause. I am pleased that the problem is gone now."
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:38 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "As am I"
[Thu Mar 24 21:26:38 2005] : (1) Darman: "Indeed so am I"
[Thu Mar 24 21:27:01 2005] : (1) Darman: "I will reward you for theinformation anyway"
[Thu Mar 24 21:27:16 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella looks smug
[Thu Mar 24 21:27:23 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "There is no need for that"
[Thu Mar 24 21:27:32 2005] : (1) Darman: "Flipper finds many things in the docks, these things may be useful to you"
[Thu Mar 24 21:27:47 2005] : (2) Aspen: "No. I cannot take a reward. I did nothing."
[Thu Mar 24 21:28:03 2005] : (1) Darman: "You gave report"
[Thu Mar 24 21:28:11 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella sighs
[Thu Mar 24 21:28:29 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "We already have our reward, the poisining has stopped"
[Thu Mar 24 21:28:35 2005] : (1) Darman: "You put yourselves at considerable danger to obtain this information, did you not?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:29:05 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc back. sry. tech suppport over the phone :(
[Thu Mar 24 21:29:07 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "So? That's just what we do"
[Thu Mar 24 21:29:46 2005] : (1) Darman: "Do you speak for your whole party? The generousity of one or two may not be felt by all"
[Thu Mar 24 21:29:47 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc The druid and paladin are tring to get out of being rewarded, the bloody fools
[Thu Mar 24 21:30:22 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Who let the two of them get out there alone?
[Thu Mar 24 21:30:46 2005] : (2) Aspen: "That is a fair point, Darman. I will accept these items, then."
[Thu Mar 24 21:30:48 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "We don't do things like this for the money, we just like to help where we can"
[Thu Mar 24 21:30:51 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc aren't farky and Berrawyn there too?
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:14 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I ma there
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:17 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc ummm I'm not sure. Kinda lost track slightly :( Need to read up
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:24 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc I thought the general assumption was that peole followed unless thay said that they didn't
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:31 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I would not mind looking at your items"
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:38 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "If that does not sound too pushy"
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:42 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc flipper??
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:52 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Some might come in handy for further adventures"
[Thu Mar 24 21:31:55 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc Ah, Aspen already accepted anyway
[Thu Mar 24 21:32:00 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc I probably am there
[Thu Mar 24 21:32:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "And if we are to serve the good, we might as well be prepared"
[Thu Mar 24 21:32:25 2005] : (1) Darman: Dalmar hands you a pair of goggles with some hefty lenses in them and a wand
[Thu Mar 24 21:34:01 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "If you are sure, Darman"
[Thu Mar 24 21:34:02 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Nice googles"
[Thu Mar 24 21:34:17 2005] : (1) Darman: "I did say a reward would be forthcoming"
[Thu Mar 24 21:34:24 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Any idea what these do?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:34:36 2005] : (1) Darman: "I'm sorry, no I don't"
[Thu Mar 24 21:35:02 2005] : (1) Darman: "The lenses are quite strong, and do seem to aid vision somewhat"
[Thu Mar 24 21:35:52 2005] : (1) Darman: "I'm sure some wizard is kicking himself about losing that wand, but obviously wasn't so bothered as to jump in and get it back"
[Thu Mar 24 21:36:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella tries the goggles on
[Thu Mar 24 21:36:38 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Perhaps we can find him and return it"
[Thu Mar 24 21:36:50 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Perhaps we can keep it"
[Thu Mar 24 21:37:05 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Let's not get carried away here. We have plenty to do as it is."
[Thu Mar 24 21:37:38 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc does she have any other magic enhancement to vision?
[Thu Mar 24 21:37:56 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc does who? me?
[Thu Mar 24 21:38:00 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 24 21:38:05 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lowlight vision
[Thu Mar 24 21:38:25 2005] : (1) Darman: Farky notices that her vision becomes more acute with the goggles on
[Thu Mar 24 21:38:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Nice, I can see better"
[Thu Mar 24 21:38:50 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Aspen ans sighs
[Thu Mar 24 21:39:02 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Everything seems...I don't know, more focused"
[Thu Mar 24 21:39:02 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Do you find me very troublesome?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:39:38 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Ah...er.. You're perhaps a little righteous."
[Thu Mar 24 21:40:27 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I'm sorry if that troubles you, but I can't help that. It is who I am and it is the reason I can do what I do"
[Thu Mar 24 21:40:50 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I'm afraid it comes with the territory for a paladin of Pelor"
[Thu Mar 24 21:41:58 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I guess. Anyway, time to move on. To the palace?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:42:18 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Yes"
[Thu Mar 24 21:42:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Can I gkeep the goggles for now?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:42:56 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Why not. Although I wouldn't go looking in a mirror"
[Thu Mar 24 21:43:03 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn smirks
[Thu Mar 24 21:43:05 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Can you try and find out what it does exactly? I am curious"
[Thu Mar 24 21:43:31 2005] : (1) DM: Farky looks a bit odd with the goggles on - her eyes are disturbingly bulbous and magnified
[Thu Mar 24 21:44:07 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Perhaps not the best thing for in town?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:44:33 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas grins as she looks at Farkenella
[Thu Mar 24 21:44:56 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Maybe you'd better take them off for now, they are not very becoming, you know"
[Thu Mar 24 21:45:00 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Sorry folks, I kind of like looking with those"
[Thu Mar 24 21:45:45 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, dont blame us if you start scaring chilren"
[Thu Mar 24 21:45:49 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella takes the goggles off
[Thu Mar 24 21:46:40 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Laucian is not with us huh?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:46:54 2005] : (1) DM: Laucian went back to the inn with his scroll
[Thu Mar 24 21:46:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc k
[Thu Mar 24 21:47:12 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Shall we go and find Laucian before we fgo to the palace?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:47:16 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Or just go?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:47:34 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Let's ask him if he wants to go with us"
[Thu Mar 24 21:48:17 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "The inn is on the other side of the city We may as well just go to the palace"
[Thu Mar 24 21:49:36 2005] : (1) DM: Laucian is making his way to the palace, and as you have dawdled here, he probably bumps into you all anyway
[Thu Mar 24 21:49:55 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Afternoon all"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:10 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Hi there"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:12 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "We were just talking about you"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:16 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Was thinking you might want to join us"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:24 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Im sure i do"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:24 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Good to see you, we were just on our way over to you"
[Thu Mar 24 21:50:59 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian now has a fancy looking buckler
[Thu Mar 24 21:51:52 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Does that shield hinder spell casting for your wizard types?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:51:54 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Is that new? It looks very nice and shiny"
[Thu Mar 24 21:52:02 2005] : (5) Laucian: "No Aspen"
[Thu Mar 24 21:52:18 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Where did you get it?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:52:25 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian is also accompanied by a 2ft long weasel made of rock
[Thu Mar 24 21:52:47 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Where do people usually buy armour?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:53:39 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Is that a weasel you've got in your pocket?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:53:57 2005] : (5) Laucian: "It was Berrawyn"
[Thu Mar 24 21:54:31 2005] : (5) Laucian: "but it consented to this slight change of form"
[Thu Mar 24 21:54:40 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc is it walking or does it have wonkey wheels and a piece of string to pull it along.
[Thu Mar 24 21:54:41 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Errr, why?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:54:55 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc its walking
[Thu Mar 24 21:55:02 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Consented?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:55:09 2005] : (5) Laucian: "yes, agreed"
[Thu Mar 24 21:55:50 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Why would it consent being turned to stone?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:55:54 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I find it hard to believe a creature would consent to being turned from living flesh to cold stone."
[Thu Mar 24 21:56:15 2005] : (5) Laucian: "it wasnt turned to stone. Its now an elemental creature"
[Thu Mar 24 21:57:15 2005] : (5) Laucian: "anyway, what next?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:57:30 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Does anyome understand any of this?"
[Thu Mar 24 21:57:42 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas is flabbergasted
[Thu Mar 24 21:57:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I don't, but it does not matter, i suppose"
[Thu Mar 24 21:58:20 2005] : (5) Laucian: "its quite simple. Im sure all of you know that some mages have familiars....this is mine"
[Thu Mar 24 21:58:56 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "A stone elemental weasel..... its .... different"
[Thu Mar 24 21:59:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "indeed"
[Thu Mar 24 21:59:23 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas still looks confused
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:00 2005] : (5) Laucian: "So, to the palace?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:29 2005] : (1) DM: ooc As I said to Darren, I'll even let it have a special ability Impersonate Garden Ornament
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:30 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "That was the plan"
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:45 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc LMAI
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:53 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc With a fishing rod?
[Thu Mar 24 22:00:59 2005] : (4) Farkenella: eooc errr O, not I, what would LMAI mean anyway?
[Thu Mar 24 22:01:09 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc in?
[Thu Mar 24 22:01:31 2005] : (1) DM: oc gonna finish at 10.30
[Thu Mar 24 22:01:46 2005] : (1) DM: So, to the Palace?
[Thu Mar 24 22:01:52 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Mar 24 22:01:53 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Let us go"
[Thu Mar 24 22:02:29 2005] : (1) DM: You keep going around the dock road
[Thu Mar 24 22:02:44 2005] : (1) DM: And arrive at the area with all the grand architecture
[Thu Mar 24 22:03:34 2005] : (1) DM: Nothing of any great interest happens on the way
[Thu Mar 24 22:04:04 2005] : ** (4) Farkenella does some sightseeing **
[Thu Mar 24 22:04:25 2005] : (1) DM: People tens to shy away from the woman who looks like a toad
[Thu Mar 24 22:04:28 2005] : (1) DM: tend
[Thu Mar 24 22:04:49 2005] : (1) DM: Mothers are heard to say things like...
[Thu Mar 24 22:05:16 2005] : (1) DM: "See if you keep doing (insert things that mothers say here) you'll end up looking like that"
[Thu Mar 24 22:05:26 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 24 22:05:29 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Mar 24 22:06:25 2005] : (1) DM: Errr, so you get to the general area
[Thu Mar 24 22:06:31 2005] : (1) DM: Like I said
[Thu Mar 24 22:06:50 2005] : (1) DM: Where exactly are you going?
[Thu Mar 24 22:06:55 2005] : (1) DM: The actual palace?
[Thu Mar 24 22:07:34 2005] : (2) Aspen: to see the duke
[Thu Mar 24 22:07:53 2005] : (6) Finduilas: If we can
[Thu Mar 24 22:07:58 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc can we go see the wizard? ;)
[Thu Mar 24 22:08:11 2005] : (1) DM: How likely do you think that's going to be?
[Thu Mar 24 22:08:35 2005] : (5) Laucian: "wasnt part of the evil winged womans plans to replace high up people?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:08:56 2005] : (2) Aspen: "She replaced the vizier so seeing him won't do any good."
[Thu Mar 24 22:08:59 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Yes, but the duke apparently still has not been replaced?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:09:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Or has he?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:09:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "The vizier has"
[Thu Mar 24 22:10:05 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Actually, why don't we report to the captain of the guard and let him deal with the mess?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:10:11 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "but what chance have we of getting past the vizier?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:10:22 2005] : (2) Aspen: "The quicker we're out of this town the better!"
[Thu Mar 24 22:10:42 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "And leave this town to that vizier?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:11:10 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "now that sounds like something sensible"
[Thu Mar 24 22:11:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "oh, not that"
[Thu Mar 24 22:11:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "ok, I guess we can try and uproot that vizier"
[Thu Mar 24 22:11:38 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, with that 'woman' gone, maybe he'll be caught"
[Thu Mar 24 22:12:09 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Maybe it would be wise to come up with some kind of plan. How about we try and tell the vizier his 'protector' is no more?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:12:15 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas grins
[Thu Mar 24 22:12:26 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "That should stir things up a bit"
[Thu Mar 24 22:12:47 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Maybe its no longer our business"
[Thu Mar 24 22:13:08 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Are we to be rewarded for what we have done?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:13:23 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Since when is fighting evil not our business?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:13:56 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I'm sure we can find some other evil."
[Thu Mar 24 22:13:59 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "I didn't realise it WAS our business"
[Thu Mar 24 22:14:37 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Then what have we been doing up until now?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:15:11 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Just living and doing what seemed right"
[Thu Mar 24 22:15:43 2005] : (1) DM: ooc funny how druids consider evil to be a disturbance in the balance, but don't spend an equal amount of time wiping out excessive good ;) Must be the rangers influence on them.
[Thu Mar 24 22:15:50 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "And does it seem right to you to leave someone evil in a position of power?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:16:42 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Errr, I don't know"
[Thu Mar 24 22:16:46 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Besides, we have 2 days to kill before Aspen's belongings are fully identified"
[Thu Mar 24 22:16:55 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, no, but is it likely that we can remove him without landing ourselves in a LOT of trouble?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:16:59 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "How about we just go t the Duke and see what we can get out of him?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:17:09 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "mAybe he'll be willing to do something?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:17:31 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "And if that doesn't work, we'll talk to the guard and tell them what we know"
[Thu Mar 24 22:17:42 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "The vizier is his Trusted Advisor. He will listen to him over us unless we have overwhelming evidence"
[Thu Mar 24 22:18:44 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "So where can we find that evidence? Could we get those dwarfs to testify perhaps?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:20:02 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Seems unlikely."
[Thu Mar 24 22:20:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I doubt it"
[Thu Mar 24 22:20:34 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "and why should he beleive the dwarfs over the vizier"
[Thu Mar 24 22:21:43 2005] : ** No match found
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:06 2005] : (2) Aspen: "You can discuss in the street for hours. I'm going to see the captain and then I'm leaving this stinking town."
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:08 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Because the dwarfs would be incriminating themselves"
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:15 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen stalks off.
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I feel he has a point"
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:51 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "We need to move on"
[Thu Mar 24 22:22:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Mar 24 22:23:11 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian follows
[Thu Mar 24 22:23:36 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I see your point and I want to leave as well, but I can't"
[Thu Mar 24 22:23:51 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas walks along to the guard
[Thu Mar 24 22:24:00 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows
[Thu Mar 24 22:24:00 2005] : (1) DM: OK, back to the guard house you go
[Thu Mar 24 22:24:25 2005] : (1) DM: As usual there's a sargeant behind the desk
[Thu Mar 24 22:25:02 2005] : (2) Aspen: (to the sargeant) "We have important information for the captain. Could you direct us to his office, please?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:25:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc God prevent us from sargenats behind desks
[Thu Mar 24 22:25:37 2005] : (1) DM: "Hello again"
[Thu Mar 24 22:25:48 2005] : (1) DM: he directs you to the office
[Thu Mar 24 22:25:57 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen knocks.
[Thu Mar 24 22:26:05 2005] : (1) DM: Guard Captain
[Thu Mar 24 22:26:15 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "COme"
[Thu Mar 24 22:26:57 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Hello?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:27:01 2005] : (2) Aspen: (Enters) "Ah Captain, we have some important information about a plot here in the city. You should hear it."
[Thu Mar 24 22:27:21 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen describes the plot -- the demoness, the vizier switching etc.
[Thu Mar 24 22:27:23 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: He looks you up and down
[Thu Mar 24 22:27:35 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Ah, our retained adventurers"
[Thu Mar 24 22:27:49 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Ralman is in league?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:08 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Ralman? Is that the new Vizier?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:16 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "This is beyond the guard."
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:19 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Indeed"
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:38 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "You have the body of this demon woman?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:43 2005] : (2) Aspen: "I suspect he's merely a puppet. And a puppet without strings."
[Thu Mar 24 22:28:52 2005] : (2) Aspen: "It's down in the sewers still I suppose."
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:03 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc anyone's got the body? ;)
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:04 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Ah, unfortunate"
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:10 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ooc nope
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:33 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Hmm, I actually have a note here"
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:34 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc oh hang on, i've got in my pocket ;)
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:44 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: He scans a note
[Thu Mar 24 22:29:52 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "We can get it for you, or perhaps you might want to get it with us?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:30:13 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Sir Servik of Galan... blah... Knights of Pelor"
[Thu Mar 24 22:30:38 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: He reads on
[Thu Mar 24 22:31:04 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Ah, yes... It seems that the knights considered this whole death of the Vizier a bit odd"
[Thu Mar 24 22:31:34 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Well, he turns out to have been right"
[Thu Mar 24 22:31:39 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "it's currently under investigation. But hushed up to teh highest level... law and order and all"
[Thu Mar 24 22:32:19 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "I can have my men retrieve the body, or you can get it yourselves"
[Thu Mar 24 22:32:28 2005] : (2) Aspen: "Ah. Then I guess it's in capable hands. We'll leave it up to you."
[Thu Mar 24 22:32:52 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ""Can you tell me the exact location of the corpse?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:33:36 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Does he need the secret passage to get it?
[Thu Mar 24 22:33:44 2005] : (4) Farkenella: (whispers to Aspen) "Ahem..the dwarves?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:33:44 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ooc nope
[Thu Mar 24 22:33:57 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: [1d20] -> [15] = (15)
[Thu Mar 24 22:34:08 2005] : (2) Aspen: (whispering back) "well have to sneak 'em out now"
[Thu Mar 24 22:34:21 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas tells the captain all about the location of the body, without mentiioning the secret passage
[Thu Mar 24 22:34:35 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Look, is there something that you aren't telling me?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:34:51 2005] : (6) Finduilas: (quietly) "Go get them out, now"
[Thu Mar 24 22:34:59 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Well...we've come across weird things in the sewers"
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:24 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "The growth seems to have taken over many things, and we thought it was responsible for problems with the water"
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:24 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ooc how effective do you think whispering and muttering is when you are right in front of someone?
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "And we did find a very strange thing in kind of a well"
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "It's dead now"
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:51 2005] : (2) Aspen: ooc completely useless.
[Thu Mar 24 22:35:56 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "There is nothing I *can* tell you"
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella: But it probably was responsible for endangering the waters"
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:15 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "So what was the cause of the growth? "
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:28 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "I believe that was why we retained your services"
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:44 2005] : (2) Aspen: Aspen shrugs. "We were aided by some dwarfs in exchange for passage to their home land that is all."
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:52 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Hmm, I am not sure we fully understand at this point"
[Thu Mar 24 22:36:54 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "And we can expect no continuance of the growths?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:37:11 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "So why all the cloak and dagger nonsense"
[Thu Mar 24 22:37:19 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas tells what the party found out about the grwoths
[Thu Mar 24 22:37:26 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "We all have to do what we can, I appreciate that"
[Thu Mar 24 22:37:29 2005] : (2) Aspen: "They're wary of authority that is all."
[Thu Mar 24 22:37:57 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "So would I be, if I weren't a copper"
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:01 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: he winks
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:09 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: Berrawyn chuckles
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:20 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "But we are a good force, or so I like to think"
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:22 2005] : (6) Finduilas: Finduilas smiles
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:45 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "We woudln't want them to see you though, they might think we betrayed them"
[Thu Mar 24 22:38:46 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "If you have made promises, we'll not hinder you"
[Thu Mar 24 22:39:03 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "provided that all work that you were assigned is completed"
[Thu Mar 24 22:39:10 2005] : (8) Berrawyn: "Be careful in the sewers. There are a few nasty traps"
[Thu Mar 24 22:39:44 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "So we can expect no continuance of the growths?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:39:57 2005] : (2) Aspen: "We believe so."
[Thu Mar 24 22:40:03 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "No, I wouldn't think so"
[Thu Mar 24 22:40:32 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "The portals are no longer active"
[Thu Mar 24 22:40:37 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "Good, I can report this to my superiors as closed then"
[Thu Mar 24 22:41:12 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "I am glad you're investigating the vizier, it is a load of my mind knowing you're on it"
[Thu Mar 24 22:41:26 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "I'm sorry, you misunderstand me."
[Thu Mar 24 22:41:45 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: "That is being done by the Knights of the shining sun"
[Thu Mar 24 22:41:54 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ooc or whatever I called them
[Thu Mar 24 22:41:56 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Sorry, you're right, I was a bit preoccupied"
[Thu Mar 24 22:42:02 2005] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Pelor
[Thu Mar 24 22:42:13 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: ooc no, I names them at one point
[Thu Mar 24 22:42:33 2005] : (6) Finduilas: "Do you think it would be wise if we talk to them and tell them what we found out?"
[Thu Mar 24 22:42:37 2005] : (1) Guard Captain: OK GAME END