Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 17 March 2005

[Thu Mar 17 19:14:48 2005] : (9) DM: GAME START
[Thu Mar 17 19:15:11 2005] : (10) Laucian: whispering "shes gone"
[Thu Mar 17 19:16:01 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Invisible?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:16:08 2005] : (10) Laucian: still whispering "and I'm not exactly up to chasing demonic sorceresses through the streets"
[Thu Mar 17 19:16:22 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I reckon so" - whispered
[Thu Mar 17 19:16:50 2005] : (11) Aspen: What's the door out of this room to the south like? Does it have a door?
[Thu Mar 17 19:17:20 2005] : (9) DM: No
[Thu Mar 17 19:17:41 2005] : (9) DM: just a passageway
[Thu Mar 17 19:18:26 2005] : (11) Aspen: "I see nothing we can do here. May as well return to the others."
[Thu Mar 17 19:18:32 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I agree"
[Thu Mar 17 19:18:50 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Do you have any magic that could temporarily block the passage?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:19:10 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Nope."
[Thu Mar 17 19:19:16 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Lets go then"
[Thu Mar 17 19:19:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: Laucian walks back
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:13 2005] : (9) DM: OK, you all go back?
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:16 2005] : (11) Aspen: yup
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:23 2005] : (9) DM: Resting again?
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:36 2005] : (10) Laucian: aye
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:48 2005] : (11) Aspen: yup
[Thu Mar 17 19:20:59 2005] : (9) DM: Who is on watch?
[Thu Mar 17 19:21:08 2005] : (9) DM: One hour had passed IIRC
[Thu Mar 17 19:21:15 2005] : (11) Aspen: The elves were rotating shifts.
[Thu Mar 17 19:21:26 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc Me and Farkenella
[Thu Mar 17 19:21:32 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 19:22:02 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "What happened? Who was there?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:22:28 2005] : (10) Laucian: "A woman, invisible...I only just spotted her before she left"
[Thu Mar 17 19:22:54 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "I guess we know who it was"
[Thu Mar 17 19:23:04 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "That sorceress we're after? And what about those dwarves?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:23:09 2005] : (11) Aspen: "I think she was talking to the dwarfs. Prasing them for something. I fear the dwarfs are treacherous."
[Thu Mar 17 19:23:41 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "That figures. What will we do about them? If we go after her, they might attack us"
[Thu Mar 17 19:23:52 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "Enough to justify breaking your vow?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:23:57 2005] : (11) Aspen: "We'll have to tie them up for now."
[Thu Mar 17 19:24:51 2005] : (10) Laucian: Laucian sleeps
[Thu Mar 17 19:24:53 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "Ok"
[Thu Mar 17 19:24:58 2005] : (9) DM: After another hour...
[Thu Mar 17 19:25:11 2005] : (9) DM: nothing happens
[Thu Mar 17 19:25:31 2005] : (9) DM: :P
[Thu Mar 17 19:25:38 2005] : (11) Aspen: I'm Sleeping
[Thu Mar 17 19:25:39 2005] : (9) DM: Ok, 4 hours pass
[Thu Mar 17 19:25:58 2005] : (9) DM: Change shifts?
[Thu Mar 17 19:26:18 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: ooc brb 1 min
[Thu Mar 17 19:26:21 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Yep, Farkenella and me need some rest as well
[Thu Mar 17 19:26:37 2005] : (9) DM: OK, you swap over, Aspen and gilbert still asleep
[Thu Mar 17 19:27:25 2005] : (9) DM: Shortly after you swap...
[Thu Mar 17 19:27:34 2005] : (9) DM: listen checks for those awake
[Thu Mar 17 19:27:44 2005] : (10) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Mar 17 19:27:58 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Thu Mar 17 19:28:35 2005] : (9) DM: Neither of you hear anything
[Thu Mar 17 19:29:11 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc That's not very conmforting
[Thu Mar 17 19:29:32 2005] : (9) DM: listen again
[Thu Mar 17 19:29:36 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Thu Mar 17 19:29:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Thu Mar 17 19:31:04 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "Laucian. Did you hear that?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:31:13 2005] : (10) Laucian: "huh?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:31:31 2005] : (9) DM: Suddenly you can hear shouting from down the hallway
[Thu Mar 17 19:31:31 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "A faint noise. Like a groan"
[Thu Mar 17 19:32:02 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: Berrawyn jumps up and rouses the others
[Thu Mar 17 19:32:08 2005] : (10) Laucian: Laucian jumps up
[Thu Mar 17 19:32:23 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Huh? What?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:32:47 2005] : (13) Berrawyn: "Somethings happening down the hallway!"
[Thu Mar 17 19:33:30 2005] : (11) Aspen: Aspen grabs his staff.
[Thu Mar 17 19:34:50 2005] : (9) DM: There's the sound of fighting
[Thu Mar 17 19:34:55 2005] : (9) DM: You can all hear it
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:06 2005] : (14) Berrawyn (enter): 19:35
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:10 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "What's happening?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:11 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc :/
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:12 2005] : (9) DM: There's the sound of fighting
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:15 2005] : (9) DM: You can all hear it
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:21 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc from where exactly? the 3 dwarf room I assume?
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:25 2005] : (9) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:56 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "Are we going to find out?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:56 2005] : (13) Berrawyn (exit): 19:35
[Thu Mar 17 19:35:57 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Let's go. But carefully|"
[Thu Mar 17 19:36:18 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Berrawyn draws his bow in readiness
[Thu Mar 17 19:36:23 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Finduilas checks her weapons
[Thu Mar 17 19:36:48 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Ill stay behind everyone and sing something catchy to make you all fight harder"
[Thu Mar 17 19:36:55 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Lets go"
[Thu Mar 17 19:36:57 2005] : (9) DM: OK as you reach the corridor into the room, you can see that there's an area of darkness where the dwarves were
[Thu Mar 17 19:37:12 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "I dont like the looks of that"
[Thu Mar 17 19:37:36 2005] : (9) DM: Umm, it's nighttime, only Aspen can see this unless you have torches etc
[Thu Mar 17 19:37:37 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "Neither do I"
[Thu Mar 17 19:37:58 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: we're underground surely
[Thu Mar 17 19:38:18 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc I have a ring of darkvision
[Thu Mar 17 19:38:21 2005] : (9) DM: yup, but drains give light during the day, enough for you elves anyway
[Thu Mar 17 19:38:54 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: So, we can't see a damn thing?
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:11 2005] : (9) DM: nope, not unless you have a light source
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:21 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Finduilas retreats a little and lights her lantern
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:39 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: and if its so dark anyway, how can Aspen see a patch of darkness amid all the darkness?
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:47 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc I'm confused. Elves only have low-light vision?
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:55 2005] : (9) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 17 19:39:56 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc Yes, they have
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:06 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: elves= lowlight, dwarfs=darkvision
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:11 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc Dwarfs have dark vision
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:23 2005] : (9) DM: ooc Darkvision allows Aspen to see in normal darkness, but he can't see into magical darkness
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:44 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Something looks like it's burning."
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:45 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ahh, hmmm. I hate darkness
[Thu Mar 17 19:40:53 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc So he can see a patch of darkness in the darkness LOL
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:09 2005] : (9) DM: You hear a cry of pain (male) from the dark
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:18 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Finduilas uses her lantern to look into the room
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:28 2005] : (9) DM: With Findus lantern you can see as much as Aspen
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:38 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "I dont like the looks of that"
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:45 2005] : (9) DM: There's some wispy smoke emanating from the dark
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:59 2005] : (9) DM: You hear a gasp
[Thu Mar 17 19:41:59 2005] : (12) Finduilas: "We can't even see what we're hitting if we do go in"
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:06 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Can you dispel the darkness Laucian?"
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:11 2005] : (9) DM: Initiative
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:19 2005] : (10) Laucian: "nope"
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:22 2005] : (11) Aspen: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:23 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Finduilas Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:23 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Initiative Berrawyn: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:34 2005] : (10) Laucian: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:35 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Thu Mar 17 19:42:54 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc ah good. Theres one of my crap rolls out of the way :s
[Thu Mar 17 19:43:03 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 17 19:43:20 2005] : (9) DM: I get a surprise round as you all assess
[Thu Mar 17 19:43:41 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
[Thu Mar 17 19:43:46 2005] : (9) DM: You hear a muttering
[Thu Mar 17 19:43:47 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc thats a bit harsh, calling us all asses :P
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:17 2005] : (9) DM: A thick pall of dense cloud moves over the party
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:44 2005] : (9) DM: Fort saves
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:49 2005] : (10) Laucian: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:50 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:56 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu Mar 17 19:44:56 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
[Thu Mar 17 19:45:11 2005] : (11) Aspen: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Thu Mar 17 19:45:18 2005] : (9) DM: [3d8] -> [8,2,3] = (13)
[Thu Mar 17 19:45:36 2005] : (9) DM: 13 damage to Aspen, & Gilbert
[Thu Mar 17 19:45:44 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc spellcraft roll to know the spell?
[Thu Mar 17 19:45:46 2005] : (9) DM: 7 to every one else
[Thu Mar 17 19:46:10 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc gilbert got a higher roll than me
[Thu Mar 17 19:46:23 2005] : (9) DM: Actually, only 7 to anyone who is not good
[Thu Mar 17 19:46:36 2005] : (9) DM: oh, full damage Berra
[Thu Mar 17 19:46:57 2005] : (9) DM: Umm, if you are good and made the save, 1/2 damage
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:12 2005] : (9) DM: if you are neutral and made it, no damage
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:26 2005] : (9) DM: netral & fail = 1/2 damage
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:31 2005] : (9) DM: hmm
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc woohoo true neutral rules
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:48 2005] : (9) DM: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:50 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 17 19:47:58 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc dont know gilberts alignment
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:11 2005] : (9) DM: All good who failed are sickened for 4 rounds
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:18 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc and i still wanna roll spellcraft to recognise spell
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:21 2005] : (9) DM: ooc true neutral IRC
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:23 2005] : (9) DM: IIRC
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:38 2005] : (9) DM: That's just Berra then
[Thu Mar 17 19:48:42 2005] : (10) Laucian: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
[Thu Mar 17 19:49:10 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc so what does sickened involve?
[Thu Mar 17 19:49:17 2005] : (9) DM: reflex for Gilbert
[Thu Mar 17 19:49:38 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Reflex save: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Mar 17 19:49:42 2005] : (9) DM: -2 to attack, damage, saves skills and abilities
[Thu Mar 17 19:49:59 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert only takes 4 damage
[Thu Mar 17 19:50:02 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: k
[Thu Mar 17 19:50:18 2005] : (9) DM: err ability rolls that is, not abilities
[Thu Mar 17 19:50:32 2005] : (9) DM: OkAspen?
[Thu Mar 17 19:50:39 2005] : (9) DM: the clud has dissipated
[Thu Mar 17 19:50:43 2005] : (9) DM: cloud
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:19 2005] : (11) Aspen: Gonna move out of the way of everyone else, that's all.
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:21 2005] : You must be either a player or GM to use the miniature Layer
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:22 2005] : You must be either a player or GM to use the miniature Layer
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:29 2005] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Aspen...
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:43 2005] : (9) DM: OK, not casting anything defensive? Barkskin or anything?
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:52 2005] : (9) DM: You've had long enough to regain spells
[Thu Mar 17 19:51:58 2005] : (11) Aspen: Ah. Yeah. Barkskin.
[Thu Mar 17 19:52:13 2005] : (9) DM: laucian
[Thu Mar 17 19:52:14 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ooc we have got spells back?
[Thu Mar 17 19:52:17 2005] : (9) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 17 19:52:33 2005] : (9) DM: You have, not Gilbert, he needs 8 hours rest
[Thu Mar 17 19:52:47 2005] : (9) DM: He's only got what remained last night
[Thu Mar 17 19:53:14 2005] : (10) Gilbert: then neither have I, wizard here, not sorceror...4 hours rest means rested, not studied spellbooks
[Thu Mar 17 19:53:24 2005] : (9) DM: Ah...
[Thu Mar 17 19:53:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: casting detect magic and looking into the room
[Thu Mar 17 19:53:43 2005] : (9) DM: You had an hour once you were on watch
[Thu Mar 17 19:53:46 2005] : ** (14) Berrawyn found the F5 macro key **
[Thu Mar 17 19:54:20 2005] : (9) DM: So you are OK, OK!
[Thu Mar 17 19:54:24 2005] : (9) DM: :P
[Thu Mar 17 19:54:30 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian
[Thu Mar 17 19:54:43 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc basically, we're all fooked if you can't cast :P
[Thu Mar 17 19:55:03 2005] : (9) DM: Not really, but it was enough time
[Thu Mar 17 19:55:43 2005] : (10) Laucian: sorry folks, unless the rules are changed all wizards no matter the race need 8 hours of rest to clear their heads before being able to memorise for the day...so my action stands
[Thu Mar 17 19:55:54 2005] : (9) DM: oh, ok
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:06 2005] : (9) DM: I thought it was only 4 for elves
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:09 2005] : (9) DM: No prob
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:28 2005] : (9) DM: Action then?
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:31 2005] : (10) Laucian: detect magic and looking into the room
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:38 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc I thought it was 4 hours for elves as well
[Thu Mar 17 19:56:55 2005] : (10) Laucian: to see if anything is outside the darkness but invisible so as to be able to target us with that spell earlier
[Thu Mar 17 19:57:24 2005] : (9) DM: You moving into the room?
[Thu Mar 17 19:57:46 2005] : (9) DM: You can just see the darkness glowing
[Thu Mar 17 19:57:52 2005] : (9) DM: Nothing else
[Thu Mar 17 19:57:59 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 19:58:35 2005] : (9) DM: Ok, you hear some muttering again
[Thu Mar 17 19:58:52 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
[Thu Mar 17 19:58:53 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc The PHB doesn't mention 8 hours, just "a good night's sleep"
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:00 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc p154
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:07 2005] : (9) DM: Then nothing happens
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:17 2005] : (9) DM: ooc p154
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:21 2005] : (9) DM: Rest
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:38 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc I stand corrected
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:42 2005] : (9) DM: You hear a scream of frustration
[Thu Mar 17 19:59:58 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Mar 17 20:00:06 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Thu Mar 17 20:00:13 2005] : (9) DM: Ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:00:47 2005] : (9) DM: GDammit, Findus - missed your initiative... you go now
[Thu Mar 17 20:01:16 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Finduilas goes in onto the edge of the darkness
[Thu Mar 17 20:01:34 2005] : ** (14) Berrawyn found the F5 macro key **
[Thu Mar 17 20:01:42 2005] : (9) DM: OK
[Thu Mar 17 20:01:45 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Shouting: "Does anyone need help?"
[Thu Mar 17 20:02:15 2005] : (9) DM: Woman's voice "hah, you will soon"
[Thu Mar 17 20:02:40 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert?
[Thu Mar 17 20:03:12 2005] : (10) Gilbert: casts mage armour on himself (wild surge check)
[Thu Mar 17 20:03:33 2005] : (9) DM: he casts it fine
[Thu Mar 17 20:03:38 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:04:05 2005] : (9) DM: Berrawyn?
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:13 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: move into the room
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:19 2005] : (9) DM: OK
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:25 2005] : (9) DM: Anything else?
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:26 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: take clw potion
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:31 2005] : (9) DM: Again?
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:35 2005] : (9) DM: OK
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:51 2005] : (9) DM: Aspen?
[Thu Mar 17 20:05:56 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Mar 17 20:06:04 2005] : (11) Aspen: Er. Nothing.
[Thu Mar 17 20:06:22 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian?
[Thu Mar 17 20:06:31 2005] : (10) Laucian: um
[Thu Mar 17 20:06:39 2005] : (11) Aspen: Hmmm. Maybe summon a dire bat or something. Next turn since I think so slow.
[Thu Mar 17 20:07:15 2005] : (10) Laucian: cast web from scroll to cover the area in darkness
[Thu Mar 17 20:07:27 2005] : (9) DM: OK... DC?
[Thu Mar 17 20:07:49 2005] : (10) Laucian: um
[Thu Mar 17 20:08:40 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc 10 plus 2 plus whatever the scroll writers int bonus
[Thu Mar 17 20:08:45 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc i guess
[Thu Mar 17 20:08:52 2005] : (9) DM: I'll use caster's
[Thu Mar 17 20:08:58 2005] : (9) DM: What's yours
[Thu Mar 17 20:09:02 2005] : (10) Laucian: dc15 then
[Thu Mar 17 20:09:09 2005] : (9) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
[Thu Mar 17 20:09:17 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Reflex Save [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 20:09:21 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Reflex Save [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Mar 17 20:09:52 2005] : (9) DM: Female voice "hah, interesting, see how your *friends* help you now!"
[Thu Mar 17 20:10:24 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
[Thu Mar 17 20:10:49 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13)
[Thu Mar 17 20:10:54 2005] : (9) DM: Fizzle
[Thu Mar 17 20:11:00 2005] : (9) DM: "Aaargh"
[Thu Mar 17 20:11:54 2005] : (9) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23)
[Thu Mar 17 20:12:05 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert?
[Thu Mar 17 20:12:20 2005] : (10) Gilbert: gets his xbow out
[Thu Mar 17 20:12:40 2005] : (9) DM: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Mar 17 20:12:40 2005] : (9) DM: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Mar 17 20:12:59 2005] : (9) DM: The sound of snapping webs comes from the darkness
[Thu Mar 17 20:13:10 2005] : (9) DM: OKFindus?
[Thu Mar 17 20:13:33 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Waiting
[Thu Mar 17 20:14:05 2005] : (9) DM: Berrawyn?
[Thu Mar 17 20:14:43 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: shuffle a bit and throw up
[Thu Mar 17 20:14:54 2005] : (9) DM: lol
[Thu Mar 17 20:15:04 2005] : (9) DM: Aspen?
[Thu Mar 17 20:15:18 2005] : (11) Aspen: Casting summon dire bat. It's going to attack.
[Thu Mar 17 20:15:34 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:15:55 2005] : (11) Aspen: Bite: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Mar 17 20:16:18 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc It's large! How the heck does it fly!
[Thu Mar 17 20:16:22 2005] : (9) DM: it can see two dwarves and a woman with wings, which is it attacking?
[Thu Mar 17 20:16:50 2005] : (11) Aspen: Woman with wings. Unless (of course) this enourmous bat doesn't fit in the room.
[Thu Mar 17 20:16:56 2005] : (9) DM: LOL
[Thu Mar 17 20:17:24 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:17:28 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian?
[Thu Mar 17 20:17:37 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc Ha, if bisons fit in underground passages ...
[Thu Mar 17 20:18:17 2005] : (10) Gilbert: hmm
[Thu Mar 17 20:18:50 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ooc should i make a spellcraft roll to allow me to peek at descriptions of enemy spells in seffect??
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:04 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:12 2005] : (9) DM: ooc you can only see the darkness
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:22 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ooc thats the spell i want to look at :P
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:27 2005] : (9) DM: It's a darkness spell
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:41 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc Gosh.
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:42 2005] : (10) Gilbert: yeah, but i dont usually browse the phb whenever an enemy casts a spell
[Thu Mar 17 20:19:55 2005] : (9) DM: OK
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:03 2005] : (10) Gilbert: i mean i want to look at the full description in phb
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:11 2005] : (9) DM: Sure, go for it
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:25 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ok, this round nothing for me then, consider me contemplating
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:28 2005] : (9) DM: more muttering going on
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:37 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
[Thu Mar 17 20:20:48 2005] : (9) DM: fizzle
[Thu Mar 17 20:21:03 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Mar 17 20:21:08 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc whoops
[Thu Mar 17 20:21:15 2005] : (9) DM: There's an intense scream of frustration
[Thu Mar 17 20:22:17 2005] : (9) DM: A woman appears near the doorway, Aspen can't see her, Findus can only just see her
[Thu Mar 17 20:22:33 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Mar 17 20:22:43 2005] : (9) DM: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Mar 17 20:22:57 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert?
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:07 2005] : (10) Gilbert: does he see her?
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:10 2005] : (9) DM: yes
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:18 2005] : (10) Gilbert: she got wings i guess
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:23 2005] : (9) DM: yup
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:44 2005] : (9) DM: The ceiling isn't too high though
[Thu Mar 17 20:23:56 2005] : (10) Gilbert: casts ray of enfeeblement on winged woman
[Thu Mar 17 20:24:09 2005] : (9) DM: save?
[Thu Mar 17 20:24:18 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Ray of Enfeeblement (Str Damage) (base): [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 20:24:34 2005] : (10) Gilbert: miss i guess
[Thu Mar 17 20:24:55 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ?
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:00 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:20 2005] : (9) DM: no surge
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:27 2005] : (9) DM: Findus
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:41 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Shooting at her
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:43 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Shortbow, composite MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:48 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:25:58 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc Really?
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:04 2005] : (9) DM: Berra?
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:19 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: move and shoot. Distance?
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:29 2005] : (9) DM: ooc only one more round to go on sickness :)
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:37 2005] : (9) DM: 5 ft per square
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:45 2005] : (9) DM: 25'
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:48 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: MW Comp L'Bow M+2 vs Evil, PBS (base): [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:48 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: MW Comp L'Bow M+2 vs Evil, PBS (second): [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Mar 17 20:26:57 2005] : (9) DM: 1 hit
[Thu Mar 17 20:27:06 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc wow
[Thu Mar 17 20:27:08 2005] : (9) DM: There's a ghastly screech as you hit her
[Thu Mar 17 20:28:12 2005] : (9) DM: Aspen, you see the others firing at the corner
[Thu Mar 17 20:28:46 2005] : (11) Aspen: Bat attack
[Thu Mar 17 20:28:49 2005] : (11) Aspen: Bite: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Mar 17 20:28:56 2005] : (11) Aspen: Move and...
[Thu Mar 17 20:28:59 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:29:17 2005] : (11) Aspen: Sling
[Thu Mar 17 20:29:22 2005] : (11) Aspen: Sling +1 (Bullets +1) (base): [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 20:29:51 2005] : (9) DM: Miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:00 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian?
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:22 2005] : (10) Laucian: free action to get wand from glove
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:27 2005] : (10) Laucian: shoot her with it
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:35 2005] : (10) Laucian: 2 missiles
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:41 2005] : (10) Laucian: [2d4+2] -> [2,1,2] = (5)
[Thu Mar 17 20:30:41 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:31:06 2005] : (9) DM: She takes the foce of the blows and winces
[Thu Mar 17 20:31:28 2005] : ** (14) Berrawyn found the F5 macro key **
[Thu Mar 17 20:32:23 2005] : (9) DM: She starts muttering again
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:02 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13)
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:09 2005] : (9) DM: fizzle!!
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:14 2005] : (9) DM: ooc jesus!
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:25 2005] : (9) DM: She retreats
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:31 2005] : (9) DM: Aoo for bat
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:32 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc she sucks. I've never seen anyone fail so many concentration checks.
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:35 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:38 2005] : (11) Aspen: Bite: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:45 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:46 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc and with a +11 mod too!
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:48 2005] : (12) Finduilas: ooc ORPG is playing up, restarting, brb
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:55 2005] : (12) Finduilas: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:55 2005] : (12) Finduilas (exit): 20:33
[Thu Mar 17 20:33:56 2005] : (9) DM: PAUSE
[Thu Mar 17 20:34:32 2005] : (9) DM: Makes up for the rolls with the dwarves the other week!
[Thu Mar 17 20:34:35 2005] : (15) Finduilas (enter): 20:34
[Thu Mar 17 20:35:04 2005] : (9) DM: RESUME
[Thu Mar 17 20:35:10 2005] : (15) Finduilas: ooc That's better :)
[Thu Mar 17 20:35:29 2005] : (9) DM: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Mar 17 20:35:53 2005] : (9) DM: The dwarf chases her
[Thu Mar 17 20:35:57 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert?
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:16 2005] : (10) Gilbert: another ray of enfeeblement
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:19 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Ray or Energy Missile attack (base): [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:19 2005] : (10) Gilbert: Critical hit? [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:27 2005] : (9) DM: She's run into the other room
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:36 2005] : (10) Gilbert: ooc sorry
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:53 2005] : (10) Gilbert: gilbert stays put for now then
[Thu Mar 17 20:36:56 2005] : (9) DM: If he runs after her he can use that
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:04 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok, will do
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:20 2005] : (10) Gilbert: [1d6+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:23 2005] : (9) DM: actually it's too far, sorry
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:29 2005] : (10) Gilbert: grrr
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:37 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:41 2005] : (10) Gilbert: stays put
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:42 2005] : (9) DM: it's 50 feet
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:49 2005] : (9) DM: Findus
[Thu Mar 17 20:37:57 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Going after them
[Thu Mar 17 20:39:17 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Can I attack her?
[Thu Mar 17 20:39:24 2005] : (9) DM: It's another room. it has some tables and chairs. there's a cage in the corner
[Thu Mar 17 20:39:47 2005] : (9) DM: The dwarf is closest to you
[Thu Mar 17 20:40:05 2005] : (9) DM: if you get close enough
[Thu Mar 17 20:40:33 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Dropping bow and drawing sword
[Thu Mar 17 20:40:43 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Ehm, axe
[Thu Mar 17 20:40:44 2005] : (9) DM: If you move to her side she gets an aoO...
[Thu Mar 17 20:40:46 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Greataxe+1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d12+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Thu Mar 17 20:41:08 2005] : (9) DM: You can only do that as a move action unless your pan was to do it all along
[Thu Mar 17 20:41:29 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Sorry, what do you mean?
[Thu Mar 17 20:41:29 2005] : (9) DM: plan
[Thu Mar 17 20:41:53 2005] : (9) DM: If you assessed the situation, you didn't have enough space to draw freely as part of the move
[Thu Mar 17 20:42:07 2005] : (9) DM: You would have to use up your standard action to do it
[Thu Mar 17 20:42:53 2005] : (15) Finduilas: When I was in pursuit I didn't plan on trying to shoot her, I did plan to hurt her in close quarters if I coul. Do you mean that?
[Thu Mar 17 20:43:02 2005] : (15) Finduilas: could
[Thu Mar 17 20:43:38 2005] : (9) DM: yes, if you decided to drop the bow at the beginning of your round, then draw as you moved, you can. but if you looked from the doorway, then decided, you can't
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:01 2005] : (9) DM: Unless you have rapid draw
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:06 2005] : (15) Finduilas: OK, I didn't tell you then, but I did plan to drop my bow
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:10 2005] : (9) DM: quick draw
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:16 2005] : (9) DM: Ok, fine
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:19 2005] : (9) DM: You hit her
[Thu Mar 17 20:44:53 2005] : (9) DM: Berrawyn?
[Thu Mar 17 20:45:17 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: run to the room
[Thu Mar 17 20:45:41 2005] : (9) DM: You can make it to the doorway if you are attacking
[Thu Mar 17 20:45:44 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: (keeping bow)
[Thu Mar 17 20:45:49 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: and shooting
[Thu Mar 17 20:45:57 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:00 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: MW Comp L'Bow M+2 vs Evil, PBS (base): [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:00 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: MW Comp L'Bow M+2 vs Evil, PBS (second): [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:03 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:10 2005] : (9) DM: Aspen?
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:21 2005] : (11) Aspen: Following everyone else.
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:35 2005] : (11) Aspen: The bat stays where it is. It can't fit
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:45 2005] : (9) DM: You going past berrawyn?
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:51 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:46:52 2005] : (11) Aspen: Which one is the witch?
[Thu Mar 17 20:47:03 2005] : (9) DM: She's at the bottom
[Thu Mar 17 20:47:23 2005] : (11) Aspen: Just moving.
[Thu Mar 17 20:47:24 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:47:29 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian?
[Thu Mar 17 20:48:05 2005] : (10) Laucian: moving up and shooting her with the wand again
[Thu Mar 17 20:48:17 2005] : (9) DM: ok
[Thu Mar 17 20:48:18 2005] : (10) Laucian: [2d4+2] -> [2,2,2] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 20:48:38 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc the bat can't fit?? what size is it?
[Thu Mar 17 20:48:49 2005] : (9) DM: thud, thud
[Thu Mar 17 20:49:44 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc 8-9 ft wingspan.
[Thu Mar 17 20:50:07 2005] : (9) DM: She starts muttering again
[Thu Mar 17 20:50:09 2005] : (9) DM: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
[Thu Mar 17 20:50:18 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc ??? thats a fecking enourmous bat
[Thu Mar 17 20:50:20 2005] : (9) DM: fizzle
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:09 2005] : (9) DM: AoO Aspen
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:22 2005] : (9) DM: If you have a melee weapon in hand
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:24 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc i almost feel sorry for her now
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:30 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:39 2005] : (11) Aspen: Quarterstaff + 1 (base): [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Mar 17 20:51:46 2005] : (9) DM: miss
[Thu Mar 17 20:52:05 2005] : (9) DM: Forsaken: Forsaken Axe [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25) ==> Damage: [1d10+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
[Thu Mar 17 20:52:43 2005] : (9) DM: The dwarf swings at her and she drops
[Thu Mar 17 20:53:16 2005] : (9) DM: Gilbert
[Thu Mar 17 20:53:33 2005] : (10) Gilbert: moves up
[Thu Mar 17 20:53:41 2005] : (9) DM: Findus?
[Thu Mar 17 20:53:51 2005] : (9) DM: ooc he can get through
[Thu Mar 17 20:54:31 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Standing there, axe still at the ready, looking at the dwarf
[Thu Mar 17 20:54:47 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Are you done fighting now?"
[Thu Mar 17 20:54:57 2005] : (9) DM: He's looking at her watching to see if she moves again
[Thu Mar 17 20:55:17 2005] : (9) DM: he looks at you and spits
[Thu Mar 17 20:55:53 2005] : (9) DM: Berrawyn
[Thu Mar 17 20:55:58 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas shrugs
[Thu Mar 17 20:56:03 2005] : (9) DM: ooc fighting has stopped
[Thu Mar 17 20:56:12 2005] : (9) DM: no rounds
[Thu Mar 17 20:56:21 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Berrawyn moves into the room and lowers his bow
[Thu Mar 17 20:56:50 2005] : (10) Laucian: Laucian wanders over to the downed winged woman and quickly checks to make sure shes dead
[Thu Mar 17 20:56:54 2005] : (11) Aspen: (to the dwarfs) "What was that all about?"
[Thu Mar 17 20:57:11 2005] : (9) DM: "her, she's the one who make us puppets"
[Thu Mar 17 20:57:28 2005] : (9) DM: "She come and start to kill us because we make deal"
[Thu Mar 17 20:57:56 2005] : (9) DM: ooc only one dwarf here
[Thu Mar 17 20:57:59 2005] : (9) DM: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Thu Mar 17 20:58:06 2005] : (9) DM: The other is still in the web
[Thu Mar 17 20:58:15 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 17 20:58:32 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Ah right."
[Thu Mar 17 20:58:54 2005] : (9) DM: The winged woman is definitely dead, she has a bloody great cleave
[Thu Mar 17 20:58:59 2005] : (10) Laucian: good
[Thu Mar 17 20:59:03 2005] : (10) Laucian: loot the body then
[Thu Mar 17 20:59:30 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Berrawyn helps Laucian
[Thu Mar 17 20:59:36 2005] : (9) DM: ooc I was tempted to keep her alive, but why cheat... she just rolled terribly and failed to cast a single spell once you arrived
[Thu Mar 17 20:59:56 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ooc what did she try and cast
[Thu Mar 17 21:00:05 2005] : (9) DM: She has...
[Thu Mar 17 21:00:22 2005] : (9) DM: ooc a few things... wouldn't you like to know :P
[Thu Mar 17 21:00:27 2005] : (11) Aspen: ooc I'd suggest not casting defensively. She had a high AC so not many AoOs would have hit.
[Thu Mar 17 21:00:30 2005] : (9) DM: ooc mirror image was one
[Thu Mar 17 21:00:41 2005] : (9) DM: Ah, I see
[Thu Mar 17 21:01:29 2005] : (9) DM: a ring, a cloak some boots a pendant in the shape of a cat...
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:00 2005] : (9) DM: A sling and a staff
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:01 2005] : (10) Laucian: Ill use my last detect magic when we have her stuff piled up
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:04 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "These look interesting"
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:13 2005] : (9) DM: all those are magical
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:25 2005] : (10) Laucian: need i.d.ing tho'
[Thu Mar 17 21:02:54 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "So what now? Clean up and get out of here?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:03:26 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "I wonder whats on down that corridor?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:03:43 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Might be worth looking a bit further. Maybe she left an incredibly revealing diary of all her evil plans lying around."
[Thu Mar 17 21:03:54 2005] : (9) DM: ooc you wish
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:02 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: Berrawyn looks at Aspen sceptically
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:10 2005] : (10) Laucian: brb
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:13 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Or maybe not, we seem to do a lot of diary reading recentlly"
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:25 2005] : (9) dwarf: "You fulfill bargain now?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:29 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "Diaries of dead people"
[Thu Mar 17 21:04:32 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Of course."
[Thu Mar 17 21:05:27 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Well, not quite yet."
[Thu Mar 17 21:05:29 2005] : (10) Laucian: back
[Thu Mar 17 21:06:14 2005] : (9) dwarf: OK, further down, you find a few more rooms,
[Thu Mar 17 21:06:36 2005] : (9) dwarf: There's nothing special about them
[Thu Mar 17 21:06:47 2005] : (9) dwarf: Knowledge architecture?
[Thu Mar 17 21:06:48 2005] : (11) Aspen: Living quarters and the like?
[Thu Mar 17 21:07:06 2005] : (9) dwarf: Some of them are, there's a kitchen and a latrine too
[Thu Mar 17 21:07:09 2005] : (10) Laucian: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Mar 17 21:07:21 2005] : (10) Laucian: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Mar 17 21:07:34 2005] : (9) dwarf: They aren't really in keeping with the rest of the sewers in style
[Thu Mar 17 21:08:36 2005] : (9) dwarf: The staff that she was carrying appears to be made out of the growth BTW
[Thu Mar 17 21:08:48 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 21:09:01 2005] : (9) dwarf: But i's been etched and smoothed in places to give good grip
[Thu Mar 17 21:09:16 2005] : (9) dwarf: It's also quite well engraved
[Thu Mar 17 21:09:41 2005] : (9) DM: Well, she's dead, what are you up to?
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:10 2005] : (11) Aspen: Leave.
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:14 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: any exits at this end?
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:17 2005] : (10) Laucian: back to the pub
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:18 2005] : (9) DM: No
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:28 2005] : (9) DM: Hence why she didn't just leave
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:37 2005] : (9) DM: She couldn't get past you
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:37 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: ah good point
[Thu Mar 17 21:10:39 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Drat, so we still have to go past that pit
[Thu Mar 17 21:11:43 2005] : (9) DM: Doing anything with the dwarves, or just leaving them there for now?
[Thu Mar 17 21:11:49 2005] : (11) Aspen: We can take one of the doors of their hinges and cross the pit with it.
[Thu Mar 17 21:12:14 2005] : (11) Aspen: (to the dwarf) "I have business to attend to before I return."
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:54 2005] : (9) DM: "You going?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:54 2005] : (10) Laucian: so back to the pub?
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:54 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas takes a look at the cage
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:55 2005] : (9) DM: "When you coming back?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:55 2005] : (10) Laucian: hello???
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:55 2005] : (9) DM: hello?
[Thu Mar 17 21:15:58 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooh
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:12 2005] : (9) DM: it's working again
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:17 2005] : (10) Laucian: weird
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:38 2005] : (9) DM: "You going?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:42 2005] : (9) DM: "When you coming back?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:48 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Mar 17 21:16:53 2005] : (11) Aspen: "Within a day at the most."
[Thu Mar 17 21:17:22 2005] : (9) DM: You find dog hair
[Thu Mar 17 21:17:29 2005] : (9) DM: "Hmm, OK"
[Thu Mar 17 21:17:37 2005] : (9) DM: "We must trust your word"
[Thu Mar 17 21:17:38 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Nice (not!)
[Thu Mar 17 21:17:41 2005] : (11) Aspen: What's in the case?
[Thu Mar 17 21:18:02 2005] : (9) DM: case?
[Thu Mar 17 21:18:14 2005] : (11) Aspen: cage
[Thu Mar 17 21:18:23 2005] : (9) DM: nothing but dog hair
[Thu Mar 17 21:18:50 2005] : (11) Aspen: Leaving then
[Thu Mar 17 21:18:51 2005] : (9) DM: it has a lock, but there's no key
[Thu Mar 17 21:19:17 2005] : (9) DM: This place doesn't really look like a home, more a base
[Thu Mar 17 21:20:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: out o here then
[Thu Mar 17 21:20:28 2005] : (9) DM: OK, you make it to the trap...
[Thu Mar 17 21:20:35 2005] : (9) DM: You took a door?
[Thu Mar 17 21:20:47 2005] : (11) Aspen: yep
[Thu Mar 17 21:21:20 2005] : (10) Laucian: Ill walk the wall
[Thu Mar 17 21:21:22 2005] : (9) DM: You manage to get it off it's hinges with a struggle,when you get there you put it across with no difficulties
[Thu Mar 17 21:22:02 2005] : (9) DM: Laucian walks on the wall
[Thu Mar 17 21:22:22 2005] : (9) DM: You walking all the way out?
[Thu Mar 17 21:22:36 2005] : (10) Laucian: huh?
[Thu Mar 17 21:23:01 2005] : (9) DM: Not stopping off at the gnome's house?
[Thu Mar 17 21:23:33 2005] : (11) Aspen: We could do...
[Thu Mar 17 21:23:58 2005] : (9) DM: There's no reason to, I just wondered
[Thu Mar 17 21:24:14 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "We'd better tell them about those two dwarfs, shouldn't we?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:24:47 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "Good point"
[Thu Mar 17 21:25:23 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas knocks on the door
[Thu Mar 17 21:25:39 2005] : (9) DM: you hear a voice asking...
[Thu Mar 17 21:25:41 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "It's us, can we have a quick word?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:25:45 2005] : (9) DM: "Who's there?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:26:10 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Finduilas and friends"
[Thu Mar 17 21:26:32 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: You hear the complicated locking mechanism opening
[Thu Mar 17 21:27:59 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: Finklegrum appears
[Thu Mar 17 21:28:23 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Finklegrum, we have something to tell you"
[Thu Mar 17 21:28:37 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "What is it? Something important?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:29:32 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas tells about the sorceress and the dwarfs
[Thu Mar 17 21:29:39 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: Oh
[Thu Mar 17 21:29:43 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "oh"
[Thu Mar 17 21:29:52 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "And can they get into here?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:30:04 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Did they see you at that new door there?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:30:31 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "They don't know about your home, and we'll close the door behind us. We'll get them out of here tomorrow, blindfolded"
[Thu Mar 17 21:31:12 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: 300xp for gilbert
[Thu Mar 17 21:31:20 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 21:31:48 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: 500 for every one else
[Thu Mar 17 21:31:54 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooc he just kerchinged....should i level him up or you?
[Thu Mar 17 21:31:56 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: err, hold on
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:00 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: you do it
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:04 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Including me?
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:07 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: What level is everyone?
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:14 2005] : (10) Laucian: 6
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:14 2005] : (11) Aspen: 6
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:18 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: 6
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:22 2005] : (10) Gilbert: 1
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:25 2005] : (15) Finduilas: 7
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:35 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: 500 for Findus...
[Thu Mar 17 21:32:36 2005] : (10) Laucian: ooh...can someone heal gilbert 4 points?
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:00 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: 620 for every one else
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:03 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: can someone heal me 15?
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:22 2005] : (11) Aspen: *sigh*
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:37 2005] : (11) Aspen: Berrawyn a cure medium: [2d8+6] -> [4,2,6] = (12)
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:48 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: "Thanks Aspen"
[Thu Mar 17 21:33:57 2005] : (11) Aspen: And a CLW for Gilbert: [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Mar 17 21:34:16 2005] : (11) Aspen: and a CMW for me.
[Thu Mar 17 21:34:20 2005] : (11) Aspen: [2d8+6] -> [8,2,6] = (16)
[Thu Mar 17 21:34:33 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: Finklegrum looks relieved
[Thu Mar 17 21:34:46 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Is there something else I can do for you"
[Thu Mar 17 21:35:32 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Not at all, we just thought you'd want to know. Unless you know anything about those growths"
[Thu Mar 17 21:35:45 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Growths?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:35:53 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "What growths?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:36:09 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I think we may have the solution to that"
[Thu Mar 17 21:36:41 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas talks about the strange growths that plague the city and about the creatures on another plane
[Thu Mar 17 21:36:48 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "you have me at a loss"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:00 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Oh, I see, all very strange"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:09 2005] : (14) Berrawyn: To laucian - "You think the staff controls it?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:17 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Just a guess"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:20 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "From the plane of positve energy you say?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:32 2005] : (10) Laucian: "Finklegrum.....can you identify some items we found?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:32 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "It would seem so, yes"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:41 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "umm, let me see"
[Thu Mar 17 21:37:55 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: he turns and talks to his wife
[Thu Mar 17 21:38:14 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: She wanders over with an adorned box and hands it to him
[Thu Mar 17 21:38:27 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Ah yes, these should do"
[Thu Mar 17 21:38:42 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: he opens the box and takes out a few pearls
[Thu Mar 17 21:38:52 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "I shall have to charge you"
[Thu Mar 17 21:38:59 2005] : (10) Laucian: "how much?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:39:09 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "and I don't need gold, do you have anything to exchange?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:39:30 2005] : (10) Laucian: "What would interest you?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:39:51 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Well, gems are nice, or magical gear itself"
[Thu Mar 17 21:40:18 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: He turns and talks to his wife in gnomish again
[Thu Mar 17 21:40:44 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: She brings him a bottle of wine, a pestle and mortar and a feather
[Thu Mar 17 21:40:56 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I have some scrolls Id be willing to part with"
[Thu Mar 17 21:41:07 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Splendid, what do you have?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:41:59 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ooc I meant her to have a couple too... I'll tell you what they were in a minute, you can read them anyway to see
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:05 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I have one with cmw and delay poison. another with shatter and glitterdust and the last has flaming sphere, sleep and water breathing tho I think the last would be a very high price to pay"
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:20 2005] : (11) Aspen: I have some gems.
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:29 2005] : (11) Aspen: 8 of them apparently.
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:30 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "I'll take the second one"
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:34 2005] : (10) Laucian: "doe"
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: "done"
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:47 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "How many items?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:42:50 2005] : (10) Laucian: 6
[Thu Mar 17 21:43:16 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Ok"
[Thu Mar 17 21:43:34 2005] : (16) Berrawyn (enter): 21:43
[Thu Mar 17 21:43:50 2005] : (16) Berrawyn: ooc well, now I'm sure what causes orpg to crash
[Thu Mar 17 21:43:50 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: He begins grinding a pearl, then pours it into a cup of wine and stirrs it wth the feather
[Thu Mar 17 21:43:58 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ooc what?
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:16 2005] : (16) Berrawyn: ooc opening up my char details and then trying to widen the window
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:30 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: He then does an incantation over the cup, drinks it all down and looks at the first item
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:43 2005] : (16) Berrawyn: ooc just freezes as soon as I start to drag
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:45 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: which isss?
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:54 2005] : (10) Laucian: ring
[Thu Mar 17 21:44:54 2005] : (14) Berrawyn (exit): 21:44
[Thu Mar 17 21:45:21 2005] : (10) Laucian: then cloak, then boots, then pendant, then sling, then staff
[Thu Mar 17 21:45:24 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "ah, a ring of protection, yes, but not just a common one, it's enhanced to double strength"
[Thu Mar 17 21:45:49 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: He repeats the spell and ingredients
[Thu Mar 17 21:45:52 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Next?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:45:59 2005] : (10) Laucian: cloak
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:30 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "A cloak of resistance, standard adventure gear"
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:36 2005] : (10) Laucian: +1?
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:45 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: rinse, repeat
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:49 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:52 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Next?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:46:53 2005] : (10) Laucian: boots
[Thu Mar 17 21:48:04 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Boots of winterland. See the thick fur"
[Thu Mar 17 21:48:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: pendant
[Thu Mar 17 21:48:43 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ""Aha, thi sis something new"
[Thu Mar 17 21:48:59 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Reslly?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:49:05 2005] : (15) Finduilas: really
[Thu Mar 17 21:49:41 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Looks like a custom job, my guess is that it mbues the user with the attributes of the animal, I have seen similar from the wild tribes of the north"
[Thu Mar 17 21:50:14 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "As it's a cat, i'd say it makes you goe more nimbly perhaps"
[Thu Mar 17 21:50:19 2005] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Mar 17 21:50:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: sling?
[Thu Mar 17 21:50:53 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "An enhanced sling, standard enchantment level"
[Thu Mar 17 21:50:59 2005] : (10) Laucian: staff?
[Thu Mar 17 21:51:14 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Hmm, this is something very odd."
[Thu Mar 17 21:51:31 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "I can't tell...Hic... all that there is to this"
[Thu Mar 17 21:52:08 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Hic, it seems like a doubly enshanted staff at this end"
[Thu Mar 17 21:52:26 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "But, mm not sure what's on the other"
[Thu Mar 17 21:52:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: "best guess?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:52:46 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: Finklegrum looks a little worse for wear
[Thu Mar 17 21:52:49 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: zzzzzzzzz
[Thu Mar 17 21:53:02 2005] : (11) Aspen: "What?"
[Thu Mar 17 21:53:03 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: He falls asleep a the table
[Thu Mar 17 21:53:23 2005] : (10) Laucian: "hmmm"
[Thu Mar 17 21:53:34 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Let.s go, he obviously can't help us and he's exhausted, the poor man"
[Thu Mar 17 21:53:48 2005] : (10) Laucian: "not exhausted, drunk probably"
[Thu Mar 17 21:54:17 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ooc casting time - 8 hours??
[Thu Mar 17 21:54:18 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "Can you blame him? His son just died!"
[Thu Mar 17 21:54:20 2005] : ** (16) Berrawyn found the F5 macro key **
[Thu Mar 17 21:54:39 2005] : (10) Laucian: "its from the spell...each casting means another glass of wine"
[Thu Mar 17 21:54:45 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: ooc and you just had him - a gnome - drink 6 cups of wine!
[Thu Mar 17 21:55:02 2005] : (10) Laucian: "I think its time we left"
[Thu Mar 17 21:55:41 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: his wife says...
[Thu Mar 17 21:55:48 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: "Thankyou, come again"
[Thu Mar 17 21:56:21 2005] : (10) Laucian: Laucian leaves
[Thu Mar 17 21:56:34 2005] : (15) Finduilas: "We will, and thank you very much for your help"
[Thu Mar 17 21:56:43 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Finduilas bows and leaves
[Thu Mar 17 21:57:25 2005] : (10) Laucian: brb
[Thu Mar 17 21:57:47 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: OK, you all leave... farky spends a while jamming the second trap, just in case and you make it to the pump room in no time
[Thu Mar 17 21:58:08 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: Err, inspection room
[Thu Mar 17 21:58:37 2005] : (10) Laucian: back
[Thu Mar 17 21:59:52 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: You can leave the dreadful sewers via the door on the platform
[Thu Mar 17 22:00:28 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: hello?
[Thu Mar 17 22:00:37 2005] : (11) Aspen: Already left!
[Thu Mar 17 22:00:47 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: OK,
[Thu Mar 17 22:01:27 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: OK, you exit near the red dot
[Thu Mar 17 22:01:54 2005] : (11) Aspen: It's still night time I guess. About what time?
[Thu Mar 17 22:02:40 2005] : (9) Finklegrum: 4 am
[Thu Mar 17 22:03:38 2005] : (16) Berrawyn: head to inn and rest
[Thu Mar 17 22:03:43 2005] : (10) Laucian: yay
[Thu Mar 17 22:03:51 2005] : (15) Finduilas: Sounds good
[Thu Mar 17 22:04:09 2005] : (9) DM: Ok
[Thu Mar 17 22:04:13 2005] : (9) DM: GAME END