Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 27 January 2005

[Thu Jan 27 19:17:43 2005] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jan 27 19:18:42 2005] : (5) Aspen: I think we were handing into the 2nd growth? Or were we going to do that the next day so the casters could refresh their spells?
[Thu Jan 27 19:19:17 2005] : (2) Darren: We researched (if i remember right)
[Thu Jan 27 19:19:29 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Yep, hours and hours of it
[Thu Jan 27 19:19:31 2005] : (1) DM: Oh, yeah... so you did
[Thu Jan 27 19:19:47 2005] : (1) DM: SO it's day 4 in the big brother...
[Thu Jan 27 19:19:54 2005] : (1) DM: Err, city of Dorduk
[Thu Jan 27 19:20:03 2005] : (3) Finduilas: LOL
[Thu Jan 27 19:21:01 2005] : (1) DM: You are all at the inn I believe
[Thu Jan 27 19:21:11 2005] : (2) Darren: I am
[Thu Jan 27 19:21:13 2005] : (2) Gilbert: me too
[Thu Jan 27 19:21:19 2005] : (2) Laucian: me even
[Thu Jan 27 19:21:52 2005] : (3) Finduilas: And me
[Thu Jan 27 19:22:24 2005] : (5) Aspen: Yep
[Thu Jan 27 19:22:32 2005] : (1) DM: It's about midday, the hustle and bustle of the city is going on
[Thu Jan 27 19:22:42 2005] : (1) DM: Feel free to do anything!
[Thu Jan 27 19:22:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: *hustle* *bustle*
[Thu Jan 27 19:22:52 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc can I go to the loo ?
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:02 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian takes gilbert shopping
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:04 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc In game? ;)
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:34 2005] : (1) DM: OK, basic stuff?
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:40 2005] : (2) Laucian: aye
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:48 2005] : (4) Farkenella: brb
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:49 2005] : (1) DM: That takes you about an hour
[Thu Jan 27 19:23:55 2005] : (2) Laucian: ok
[Thu Jan 27 19:24:22 2005] : (1) DM: It's about 1pm, the hustle and bustle of the city is going on
[Thu Jan 27 19:24:53 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas goes over to the temple of Pelor
[Thu Jan 27 19:25:05 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc darn. music play interferes with ripper somehow. most odd.
[Thu Jan 27 19:26:19 2005] : (1) DM: Did any of you plan on going anywhere?
[Thu Jan 27 19:26:28 2005] : ** (4) Farkenella stays in the inn and talks to people **
[Thu Jan 27 19:26:35 2005] : (5) Aspen: Since everyone else is doing other stuff Aspen wanders around the various gardens and parks. Softpaw scares all the town pigeons.
[Thu Jan 27 19:26:36 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc oops, italics
[Thu Jan 27 19:26:57 2005] : (1) People: "Babble babble"
[Thu Jan 27 19:27:48 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Jan 27 19:27:53 2005] : (1) DM: The inn is relatively quiet at this time of day, but there are a few cutomers
[Thu Jan 27 19:27:56 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL@Softpaw
[Thu Jan 27 19:28:12 2005] : (1) DM: customers too
[Thu Jan 27 19:28:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella tries to see if anyone knew Fenialis, and something about the Chardun
[Thu Jan 27 19:28:35 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Jan 27 19:28:54 2005] : (1) DM: Which one of those are you spending time trying to find out?
[Thu Jan 27 19:29:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: those what ?
[Thu Jan 27 19:29:37 2005] : (1) DM: Surprisingly, in a big city, you find it difficult to find any info.
[Thu Jan 27 19:29:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: I am staying at the inn, btw
[Thu Jan 27 19:29:51 2005] : (4) Farkenella: not going around
[Thu Jan 27 19:30:18 2005] : (1) DM: Those information items. gathering information implies following leads, and they are two different questions
[Thu Jan 27 19:31:06 2005] : (1) DM: Most people in the inn are disinclined to talk to armed women
[Thu Jan 27 19:31:21 2005] : (1) DM: You don't manage to find out anything
[Thu Jan 27 19:32:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: OK, I still chit chat with people anyway, which was what I was doing while asking subtle questions here and there
[Thu Jan 27 19:32:56 2005] : (1) DM: Time passes
[Thu Jan 27 19:33:04 2005] : (1) DM: No problem
[Thu Jan 27 19:33:15 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas tries to find a priest to talk to
[Thu Jan 27 19:33:33 2005] : (1) DM: There's a few about
[Thu Jan 27 19:34:17 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Would you have a few moments to talk to me? I'm troubled and don't know what to do"
[Thu Jan 27 19:34:57 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Certainly defender, what may I do for you?
[Thu Jan 27 19:35:00 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "
[Thu Jan 27 19:35:29 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "I'm very new to being a paladin and I'm afraid I'm not worthy"
[Thu Jan 27 19:35:51 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Well, my dear, do you perform daily penances?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:36:26 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Penances? I pray and meditate daily, but what do you mean with penances?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:37:47 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: The priest explains some ecumenical things about piety and how to keep perspective by donating to the poor
[Thu Jan 27 19:38:45 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Were these things not explained?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:39:00 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Who tok you through your basic?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:39:25 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "As I said, I'm very new to this, I only had a few hours of training after Pelor called me"
[Thu Jan 27 19:40:00 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Before that I never even knew what being a paladin entails"
[Thu Jan 27 19:40:04 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Pelor called you?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:40:21 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, only a few weeks ago"
[Thu Jan 27 19:41:13 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: *Softpaw looks to start munching on some pigeons, but changes his mind when he sees how verminous they are*
[Thu Jan 27 19:41:32 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Ah, I see, a spontaneous calling. Not unheard of"
[Thu Jan 27 19:41:34 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Jan 27 19:41:58 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "But you can see how confusing it all is to me"
[Thu Jan 27 19:42:06 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Just the other day I was afraid to defend the helpless, because there was a magical darkness. How do I make up for my cowardice?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:42:23 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Please, follow me"
[Thu Jan 27 19:42:38 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "And I helped kill a creature of good, all be it unnowingly"
[Thu Jan 27 19:42:50 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas follows the priest
[Thu Jan 27 19:43:02 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "A creature of good?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:43:07 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "In this city??"
[Thu Jan 27 19:44:13 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: The priest is surprised
[Thu Jan 27 19:44:24 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Tell me all about it"
[Thu Jan 27 19:44:26 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Why do you sound surprised? Does this town not have any good people in it? But, no, the creature itself resided on another plane and we destroyed its manifestation on this one"
[Thu Jan 27 19:45:07 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas tells all her friends and her found out about the portal, crystal, growths and creature
[Thu Jan 27 19:45:09 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Ah, a summoning? I'm sure no harm was done to it's prime form"
[Thu Jan 27 19:45:33 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: The priest listens intently
[Thu Jan 27 19:45:36 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Are you sure? It felt like a death of someone good"
[Thu Jan 27 19:46:08 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "I see it wasn't a summoning. A creature trapped. I've never heard of such a thing"
[Thu Jan 27 19:46:39 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "I can't really help here. But the Chardun... I thought them gone. A fearful people"
[Thu Jan 27 19:47:18 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Is there anything you can tell me about them? Anything to help us to safe the second creature?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:48:23 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "They are a type of dwarf, evil to the core. "
[Thu Jan 27 19:48:58 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "The made a pact with an evil god of death, they hunted the elves ruthlessly"
[Thu Jan 27 19:49:22 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "But an local alliance defeated them, or so I thought."
[Thu Jan 27 19:49:51 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "That was a long time ago
[Thu Jan 27 19:49:53 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "
[Thu Jan 27 19:49:56 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "It appears they are back and they still kill elves"
[Thu Jan 27 19:50:38 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: the priest look sunhappy
[Thu Jan 27 19:51:01 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "I'mm glad that a paldin of Pelor is working against their nefarious deeds"
[Thu Jan 27 19:51:27 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "I do what I must"
[Thu Jan 27 19:51:53 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "Is there anything else I can do for you? Would you like me to run over some of our basic rites?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:52:31 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Please, if you would be so kind. It would be very helpful to me"
[Thu Jan 27 19:53:09 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: The priest tells you about the basic tenets of the faith and how the rites fit in.
[Thu Jan 27 19:53:24 2005] : (1) DM: It takes about two hours
[Thu Jan 27 19:53:47 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Not too long then
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:07 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "And that is why we have our main mass in the morning"
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:18 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: He smiles at you
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:22 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Thank you so much"
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:40 2005] : (1) DM: A bell rings
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:41 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas smiles, bows and leaves an offering on the plate
[Thu Jan 27 19:54:46 2005] : (1) Priest of Pelor: "I'm afraid I have duties to attend to"
[Thu Jan 27 19:55:04 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "As have I. Goodbyd and thank you oce again"
[Thu Jan 27 19:55:13 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella in this whole time reads Fenialis' journal more thoroughly, trying to take notice of places, people etc.
[Thu Jan 27 19:55:39 2005] : (1) DM: If you were gathering info, that took you as long trying
[Thu Jan 27 19:55:45 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas returns to the inn
[Thu Jan 27 19:56:07 2005] : (1) DM: A man approaches Aspen in the park of Waukeen
[Thu Jan 27 19:56:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ok, then I don't, but the whole thing has taken more than two hours
[Thu Jan 27 19:56:26 2005] : (1) stranger: "Hail and well met"
[Thu Jan 27 19:56:42 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Hello, stranger."
[Thu Jan 27 19:56:52 2005] : (1) DM: ooc it takes a while to do gather info
[Thu Jan 27 19:57:16 2005] : (1) stranger: "What brings one so attired to this world of bricks and stone?"
[Thu Jan 27 19:57:46 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The trail of evil."
[Thu Jan 27 19:57:53 2005] : (5) Aspen: What does this stranger look like?
[Thu Jan 27 19:57:56 2005] : (1) DM: The stranger is dressed in a strange looking tunic, it is tight and looks like fish scales
[Thu Jan 27 19:58:18 2005] : (5) Aspen: "You look a little out of place yourself, sir."
[Thu Jan 27 19:58:26 2005] : (1) DM: He's a normal height, has brown hair and a trident in his hand
[Thu Jan 27 19:59:02 2005] : (1) DM: "Ah, I divide my time between the other garden and the harbour"
[Thu Jan 27 19:59:43 2005] : (1) DM: "I am the guardian of the Valkur gardens and the harbour life"
[Thu Jan 27 20:00:24 2005] : (1) stranger: "You are a druid are you not?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:01:39 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Well... sort of I suppose. I've yet to complete the full initiation."
[Thu Jan 27 20:02:10 2005] : (1) stranger: "And yet I sense in you a high degree of nature's power"
[Thu Jan 27 20:02:53 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Er. picked it up as I went along I guess. Been a bit busy, recently."
[Thu Jan 27 20:02:54 2005] : (1) stranger: "Oh, forgive me, I am Darman, priest of Valkur, and of nature"
[Thu Jan 27 20:03:13 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Aspen. Of Northwood."
[Thu Jan 27 20:03:59 2005] : (1) stranger: "You say you are following the trail of evil? The evil concerns damage to nature?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:04:09 2005] : (5) Aspen: "You have a grove nearby? This ordering of nature in this garden is.. disheartening."
[Thu Jan 27 20:04:41 2005] : (1) stranger: "ah, I have only an ornamental garden. My 'grove' is in the water"
[Thu Jan 27 20:04:59 2005] : (1) stranger: "The garden is part of my responsibilities to Valkur"
[Thu Jan 27 20:05:10 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Tsk, Knew I should have prepared Water Breathing this morning."
[Thu Jan 27 20:05:38 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The evil we seek are the Cardun? Are you perhaps, familiar with the Cardun?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:05:46 2005] : (1) stranger: "But I have a small area in the other garden. COme, walk with me if you will"
[Thu Jan 27 20:06:07 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Of course." (follows)
[Thu Jan 27 20:06:25 2005] : (1) stranger: "I can't say I am. I mostly deal with th elikes of the treacherous sahaugin and their ilk"
[Thu Jan 27 20:06:38 2005] : (5) Aspen: "They are...?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:07:36 2005] : (1) Darman: "I have to say, things in this city have been odd lately, nature is definitely out of balance"
[Thu Jan 27 20:08:03 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Have you any insight as to why? The cause or the reason behind the unbalance?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:08:16 2005] : (1) Darman: "Sorry, "they are...?" what?
[Thu Jan 27 20:08:38 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The Sahuagin. I'm unfamilar with the denizens of the waters."
[Thu Jan 27 20:09:37 2005] : (1) Darman: "Well, as you may know, several growths have appeared"
[Thu Jan 27 20:09:49 2005] : (1) DM: aarh out of sync
[Thu Jan 27 20:09:55 2005] : (1) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Jan 27 20:10:06 2005] : (1) DM: Gotta go... back soon, sorry guys
[Thu Jan 27 20:10:11 2005] : (2) Laucian: ok
[Thu Jan 27 20:10:32 2005] : (3) Finduilas: See you soon :)
[Thu Jan 27 20:12:46 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Did anyone hear from Bert yet?
[Thu Jan 27 20:16:57 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Hello! Anybody here?
[Thu Jan 27 20:17:02 2005] : (5) Aspen: No
[Thu Jan 27 20:17:06 2005] : (2) Laucian: i havent heard anything
[Thu Jan 27 20:17:39 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Weird. Could he have fallen asleep or something?
[Thu Jan 27 20:18:28 2005] : (5) Aspen: zzzzz
[Thu Jan 27 20:18:49 2005] : ** (3) Finduilas pokes David **
[Thu Jan 27 20:21:09 2005] : (5) Aspen: Ow.
[Thu Jan 27 20:21:35 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Have a double espresse
[Thu Jan 27 20:21:41 2005] : (5) Aspen: Ew
[Thu Jan 27 20:21:41 2005] : ** (3) Finduilas hands David a cup **
[Thu Jan 27 20:22:59 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Just trying to help
[Thu Jan 27 20:27:39 2005] : (4) Farkenella: hey, when ncraig comes back, can you just ping me in IRC ?
[Thu Jan 27 20:27:44 2005] : (4) Farkenella: please :)
[Thu Jan 27 20:27:46 2005] : (5) Aspen: k
[Thu Jan 27 20:27:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: thx
[Thu Jan 27 20:27:55 2005] : (3) Finduilas: We will
[Thu Jan 27 20:31:24 2005] : (3) Finduilas: I've been to the umemployment office yesterday
[Thu Jan 27 20:31:33 2005] : (3) Finduilas: un
[Thu Jan 27 20:32:04 2005] : (2) Laucian: i thought you were working?
[Thu Jan 27 20:33:33 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Yes, but I'll be fired come March 15 and you have to apply for benefits as soon as you know you'll be out of work
[Thu Jan 27 20:33:40 2005] : (2) Laucian: ouch
[Thu Jan 27 20:34:48 2005] : (3) Finduilas: And then they told me I was *too* quick. Bureaucrats!
[Thu Jan 27 20:35:29 2005] : (2) Laucian: how too quick?
[Thu Jan 27 20:35:57 2005] : (3) Finduilas: I wasn't supposed to be there until 3 weeks in advance
[Thu Jan 27 20:36:43 2005] : (3) Finduilas: But at least I've got an appointment now, and a shoppinglist (no kidding, that's what it's called) of what I need to bring with me
[Thu Jan 27 20:36:51 2005] : (2) Laucian: hmmm
[Thu Jan 27 20:37:35 2005] : (5) Aspen: checklist
[Thu Jan 27 20:38:14 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Yeah, but they call it a shoppinglist
[Thu Jan 27 20:38:29 2005] : (3) Finduilas: I do know the difference, you know :P
[Thu Jan 27 20:38:30 2005] : (2) Laucian: strange people
[Thu Jan 27 20:38:55 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Maybe they think it sounds friendly or something
[Thu Jan 27 20:41:13 2005] : (3) Finduilas: When I was there it suddenly hit me and I started crying. Crying over losing a job with an employer I don't want anymore
[Thu Jan 27 20:43:14 2005] : (2) Laucian: women are daft like that
[Thu Jan 27 20:44:11 2005] : (3) Finduilas: :P
[Thu Jan 27 20:44:14 2005] : (1) DM: back
[Thu Jan 27 20:44:22 2005] : (3) Finduilas: :D
[Thu Jan 27 20:44:42 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Have you read up on Bert?
[Thu Jan 27 20:45:19 2005] : (1) DM: Yea
[Thu Jan 27 20:46:00 2005] : (4) Farkenella: hi back and hi Bert
[Thu Jan 27 20:46:08 2005] : (1) Darman: So Darman was talking to Aspen.
[Thu Jan 27 20:46:16 2005] : (1) Darman: GAME RESUME
[Thu Jan 27 20:46:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ah, oh Bert isn't here, ok, got lost for a minute here
[Thu Jan 27 20:46:56 2005] : (5) Aspen: (after a long contemplative silence...)
[Thu Jan 27 20:47:06 2005] : (1) Darman: "I daresay that you'll never encounter a Sahaugin. They're just not too nice, but each has their place"
[Thu Jan 27 20:47:15 2005] : (1) Darman: "Anyway, the growths"
[Thu Jan 27 20:47:44 2005] : (1) Darman: "Yes, I can't say that we've been to disturbed by the one in the water"
[Thu Jan 27 20:48:00 2005] : (5) Aspen: "There's one under water too?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:48:01 2005] : (1) Darman: "It provided a good habitat for local fish"
[Thu Jan 27 20:48:24 2005] : (1) Darman: "It's mostly on the island"
[Thu Jan 27 20:48:31 2005] : (5) Aspen: "You know they're formed by some sort of trapped extra planar creature, right?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:48:58 2005] : (1) Darman: "Xxxllxlxllx my companion has had much fun rooting out fish"
[Thu Jan 27 20:49:19 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Pardon?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:49:21 2005] : (1) DM: The name was a series of clicks
[Thu Jan 27 20:49:44 2005] : (1) Darman: "Sorry, he's a dolphin"
[Thu Jan 27 20:49:52 2005] : (1) Darman: "that's his actual name"
[Thu Jan 27 20:50:06 2005] : (1) Darman: "It's easier to call him flipper"
[Thu Jan 27 20:50:19 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Forgive me if I refrain from trying to pronouce it."
[Thu Jan 27 20:50:20 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc TSK TSK
[Thu Jan 27 20:50:20 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jan 27 20:50:47 2005] : (1) Darman: "I wasn't aware of the nature of the growths"
[Thu Jan 27 20:51:04 2005] : (1) Darman: "That certainly would explain the feeling of imbalance"
[Thu Jan 27 20:51:27 2005] : (5) Aspen: "We believe the Cardun are using them as a power source for some portals or something."
[Thu Jan 27 20:51:32 2005] : (1) Darman: "But my main concern is that the north end of the harbour is now unsuiable for most life"
[Thu Jan 27 20:51:48 2005] : (1) Darman: "Something is seeping into the water up there"
[Thu Jan 27 20:52:00 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Has no one investigated?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:52:09 2005] : (1) Darman: "Using a creature as a power source? you've lost me"
[Thu Jan 27 20:52:32 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc it's Chardun btw :P
[Thu Jan 27 20:53:04 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc typo
[Thu Jan 27 20:53:13 2005] : (1) Darman: "I looked into the district. There's been a major collapse, but the land ans certainly under it are not my speciality"
[Thu Jan 27 20:53:27 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc and
[Thu Jan 27 20:53:47 2005] : (5) Aspen: "I don't understand it fully. Out wizard the one who know about that sort of stuff."
[Thu Jan 27 20:54:42 2005] : (1) Darman: "Ah, it's a very odd thought. Still i'd hate to think of creatures trapped"
[Thu Jan 27 20:55:22 2005] : (5) Aspen: "We're investigating how to free them."
[Thu Jan 27 20:55:47 2005] : (1) Darman: "Ah, I wish you luck"
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:05 2005] : (1) Darman: ""Anyway, the reason I approached you was to ask for help"
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:23 2005] : (1) Darman: "Could you look into what is poisoning the water?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:32 2005] : (1) Darman: "Flipper has told me that the toxins are emanating from sewage outlets up there"
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:40 2005] : (1) Darman: "I'm doing my best to keep the rest of the water here as clean as possible"
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:46 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Certainly, I suspect it's all connected to ther other problems."
[Thu Jan 27 20:56:55 2005] : (1) Darman: "Indeed?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:57:28 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Let's just say a hunch."
[Thu Jan 27 20:58:40 2005] : (1) Darman: "Yes, it's amazing how often they turn out correct"
[Thu Jan 27 20:58:54 2005] : (1) Darman: "So you'll look into it?"
[Thu Jan 27 20:59:10 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Of course."
[Thu Jan 27 20:59:17 2005] : (1) Darman: "Thank you"
[Thu Jan 27 20:59:56 2005] : (1) Darman: "I believe that I may have some items that may be of use to you"
[Thu Jan 27 21:00:07 2005] : (1) Darman: "i WILL SECURE THEM FOR YOUR RETURN"
[Thu Jan 27 21:00:13 2005] : (1) Darman: ooh caps!
[Thu Jan 27 21:00:21 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Thank you."
[Thu Jan 27 21:00:24 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc We saw
[Thu Jan 27 21:00:30 2005] : (1) Darman: "I am usually in the gardens from noon until 2pm"
[Thu Jan 27 21:01:17 2005] : (5) Aspen: "I will return to the other now. Farewell."
[Thu Jan 27 21:01:26 2005] : (1) Darman: "Farewell"
[Thu Jan 27 21:01:40 2005] : (5) Aspen: Aspen returns to the inn.
[Thu Jan 27 21:02:14 2005] : (4) Farkenella: i>Farkenella greet Aspen back at the Inn"Hey now, where have you been all this time"
[Thu Jan 27 21:02:22 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella greet Aspen back at the Inn"Hey now, where have you been all this time"
[Thu Jan 27 21:02:49 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas returns as well
[Thu Jan 27 21:03:36 2005] : (1) Darman: ooc hey baby, where have you been all my life??
[Thu Jan 27 21:03:37 2005] : (5) Aspen: "I've been talking to Darmen the local druid who looks over the harbour here. He's been having some problems I think we should look into."
[Thu Jan 27 21:03:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Now, you too, you people have sdisappeared for so long"
[Thu Jan 27 21:03:51 2005] : (5) Aspen: Gives a brief summary.
[Thu Jan 27 21:03:52 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Ah, really?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "What, a talking fish?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:16 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "I've been to the temple, I needed some clarfication"
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:22 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "These things we come across never cease to amuse me"
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:39 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Weve been shopping"
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:44 2005] : (5) Aspen: "ha ha. No. Not a fish. Though he was a rather curious person."
[Thu Jan 27 21:04:44 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Never a dull moment when we're around"
[Thu Jan 27 21:05:34 2005] : (2) Laucian: "So, what do you think we should do Aspen?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:06:01 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "I think we should look into it"
[Thu Jan 27 21:06:13 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "No, I was thinking about the Xllxllxllxwhatsitsname you mentionned"
[Thu Jan 27 21:06:28 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Finduilas, did you get any info ?
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:04 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas tells all the priest told her about the Chardun
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:17 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Because I talked to people ehre, but really did not succeed in getting anything out of anyone"
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:20 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The toxins are leaking from the sewers. Perhaps the Chardun are doing something underground in the sewers."
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:25 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Seems that I arise suspicion"
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:30 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "They seem to be old enemies of this city, for some reason"
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:34 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Something related to the collapsed areas."
[Thu Jan 27 21:07:58 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Aspen, the Chardun are anyway underground, it would not suprise me that this would all be linked"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:11 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "A priest of Pelor will certainlu talk to a paladin of the same god, that's all, Farkenella"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:15 2005] : (2) Laucian: "The who???"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:24 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "As for them being defeated and coming again, I suppose the priest was talking about my people"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:26 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Chardun???"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:51 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Those dwarfs, Laucian"
[Thu Jan 27 21:08:52 2005] : (5) Aspen: "They're a race of evil dwarfs. We've had... dealings with them in the past."
[Thu Jan 27 21:09:04 2005] : (2) Laucian: "aha"
[Thu Jan 27 21:09:38 2005] : (2) Laucian: "So what are we going to do?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:10:03 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "So they're active under water as well? This is getting more sinister by the moment"
[Thu Jan 27 21:10:32 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I thought the toxins came from the sewers, didnt know the dwarves were underwater too"
[Thu Jan 27 21:10:53 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "The growths are, Aspen just told us"
[Thu Jan 27 21:10:56 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The growth on the island extends into the water."
[Thu Jan 27 21:11:17 2005] : (2) Laucian: "But the dwarves are probably on the bit that isnt in the water"
[Thu Jan 27 21:11:31 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Very possibly"
[Thu Jan 27 21:11:58 2005] : (2) Laucian: "so which problem do we solve first? the dwarves who make growths, or the sewer toxins?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:12:24 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "A tough call, I don't kinow which one is more urgent"
[Thu Jan 27 21:12:30 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Darman was most concerned about the toxins."
[Thu Jan 27 21:12:45 2005] : (5) Aspen: "It's affecting the live in the harhour."
[Thu Jan 27 21:12:51 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I think the sewer toxin is probably a result of whatever the demonic dwarves are up to"
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:02 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "So you'd prefer we tackle the sewers first, Aspen?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:13 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I suppose this is our first lead"
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:16 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Yes."
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:26 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I better go and get changed"
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:45 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Finding out what they are doing is our first priority, I'd say"
[Thu Jan 27 21:13:48 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian nips off and changes into some cheaper clothes
[Thu Jan 27 21:14:12 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Gilbert kits up
[Thu Jan 27 21:14:28 2005] : (2) Gilbert: "I have a horse now"
[Thu Jan 27 21:14:30 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Gilbert, how is your mother today?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:14:45 2005] : (2) Gilbert: "Shes great now thankyou"
[Thu Jan 27 21:14:58 2005] : (5) Aspen: "(chuckles) Not much use down a sewer."
[Thu Jan 27 21:15:06 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "No need to thank me. I just ask one thing of you in return"
[Thu Jan 27 21:15:15 2005] : (2) Gilbert: "yes?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:15:44 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "You now have a master that wants to help you. Allow him to do that and do all he bids you"
[Thu Jan 27 21:15:54 2005] : (2) Gilbert: "fine by me"
[Thu Jan 27 21:16:14 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Be a friend to those who prove they are yours"
[Thu Jan 27 21:16:30 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas smiles at Gilbert
[Thu Jan 27 21:16:41 2005] : (2) Gilbert: "I can manage that"
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:22 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc need to test his weapons.......
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:34 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Crossbow, heavy (base): [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d10+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:35 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Crossbow, heavy (silvered bolt) (base): [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d10+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:35 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Critical hit? [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d10+0] -> [6,1,0] = (7)
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:36 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Morningstar (base): [1d20-1] -> [9,-1] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8-1] -> [4,-1] = (3)
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:37 2005] : (2) Gilbert: Shortspear (base): [1d20-1] -> [8,-1] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8-1] -> [8,-1] = (7)
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:42 2005] : (2) Gilbert: ooc ok
[Thu Jan 27 21:17:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc he's carrying all that ?
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:01 2005] : (2) Gilbert: ooc just
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:13 2005] : (1) DM: ooc no armour though I guess
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:21 2005] : (2) Gilbert: ooc nope
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella rekits her backpack to make sure she has anything and everything she needs
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:45 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Not? A spellcaster without heavy armour? Weird ;)
[Thu Jan 27 21:18:57 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok, I have a thing with italics today, sorry about that
[Thu Jan 27 21:19:02 2005] : (1) DM: :P
[Thu Jan 27 21:19:52 2005] : (1) DM: It's OK,every now and then. As long as speech is in quotes.
[Thu Jan 27 21:20:18 2005] : (1) DM: OK, what are you up to?
[Thu Jan 27 21:20:38 2005] : (3) Finduilas: We need to find some sewers
[Thu Jan 27 21:20:48 2005] : (5) Aspen: A nice sewer crawl I think.
[Thu Jan 27 21:21:14 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Nice? You're sick! :P
[Thu Jan 27 21:21:46 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian returns
[Thu Jan 27 21:21:55 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "OK, I am ready to go and crawl the sewers"
[Thu Jan 27 21:22:07 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Let's do it"
[Thu Jan 27 21:22:17 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Aspen, lead the way please"
[Thu Jan 27 21:23:09 2005] : (5) Aspen: "If you insist but I'm not a very inspiring leader."
[Thu Jan 27 21:23:36 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian gets ready to follow
[Thu Jan 27 21:23:59 2005] : (5) Aspen: Aspen heads to the colapsed areas to the north keeping an eye out for sewer entrances,
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:19 2005] : (4) Farkenella: oops
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:21 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:21 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian follows
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:37 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas follows
[Thu Jan 27 21:24:59 2005] : (1) DM: OK, you head up that way.
[Thu Jan 27 21:25:11 2005] : (1) DM: You all have fond memories of the night with the hag
[Thu Jan 27 21:25:12 2005] : (5) Aspen: "The Chardun may be using an sewer entrance. Keep an eye for one that looks like it's been used recently."
[Thu Jan 27 21:25:45 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Right"
[Thu Jan 27 21:25:48 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella lloks around for possible entrances
[Thu Jan 27 21:25:59 2005] : (1) DM: SOrry, you going to the one furthest North or just the first to the North?
[Thu Jan 27 21:26:09 2005] : (5) Aspen: Starting at the hags alley sounds like a good enough starting point.
[Thu Jan 27 21:26:26 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc are we supposed to have a map and I don't have it or don't we have a map ?
[Thu Jan 27 21:27:21 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Berrawyn has it, maybe you loaned it?
[Thu Jan 27 21:27:33 2005] : (1) DM: OK, down the hag's alley, you see the alcove where her gore was. It's been cleared out of all the bones and stuff
[Thu Jan 27 21:27:35 2005] : (1) DM: ooc sure
[Thu Jan 27 21:27:41 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I meant up there on the screen
[Thu Jan 27 21:27:51 2005] : (1) DM: Yes
[Thu Jan 27 21:28:01 2005] : (1) DM: Is there no map?
[Thu Jan 27 21:28:06 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I don't have a map
[Thu Jan 27 21:28:44 2005] : (1) DM: use the one on the webpage
[Thu Jan 27 21:29:00 2005] : (1) DM: I assume everyone else can see a map
[Thu Jan 27 21:29:14 2005] : (3) Finduilas: I can, yes
[Thu Jan 27 21:29:32 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc yep
[Thu Jan 27 21:29:49 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc weird
[Thu Jan 27 21:29:57 2005] : (1) DM: So, there's just the alcove down there.
[Thu Jan 27 21:30:30 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc this bugs me
[Thu Jan 27 21:30:31 2005] : (4) Farkenella: brb
[Thu Jan 27 21:30:37 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Jan 27 21:30:37 2005] : (4) Farkenella (exit): 21:30
[Thu Jan 27 21:30:59 2005] : (5) Aspen: Investigate the collapse and look for an entrance there.
[Thu Jan 27 21:31:26 2005] : (6) Farkenella (enter): 21:31
[Thu Jan 27 21:31:39 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc \o/
[Thu Jan 27 21:31:43 2005] : (1) DM: There's no obvious entrance.
[Thu Jan 27 21:32:04 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc where are we ?
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:03 2005] : (1) DM: Where the hag was
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:25 2005] : (5) Aspen: Checking out the collapse now. Anything there?
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:37 2005] : (6) Farkenella: I help out
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:37 2005] : (1) DM: You can search it if you like
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:45 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
[Thu Jan 27 21:33:52 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc oooh
[Thu Jan 27 21:34:10 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc +2 synergy (or whatever) 'cos I'm helping.
[Thu Jan 27 21:34:26 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc if we don't find it it ain't there
[Thu Jan 27 21:34:34 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc is that lower red blob new?
[Thu Jan 27 21:35:15 2005] : (1) DM: There's just a pile of rubble. Whatever caused the collapse has caused it to collapse quite badly.
[Thu Jan 27 21:35:25 2005] : (1) DM: ooc it's where you are
[Thu Jan 27 21:35:30 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "No entrance around this place"
[Thu Jan 27 21:35:32 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc ok
[Thu Jan 27 21:35:51 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc where are the sewer pipes coming out into the water?
[Thu Jan 27 21:36:13 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "I'd suggest we look for the sewers entrance on the water"
[Thu Jan 27 21:36:17 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Lets' take at look at the sewer outlets in the harbour."
[Thu Jan 27 21:36:19 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "And maybe follow"
[Thu Jan 27 21:36:45 2005] : (3) Finduilas: "Sounds like a ditry job, but someone has to do it"
[Thu Jan 27 21:36:50 2005] : (3) Finduilas: dirty
[Thu Jan 27 21:37:01 2005] : (1) DM: OK, as you are walking down the road, you do notice sewer grates at the edge
[Thu Jan 27 21:37:40 2005] : (1) DM: You reach the harbour easily enough
[Thu Jan 27 21:37:41 2005] : (5) Aspen: "We can always just lever one of the grates up if necessary."
[Thu Jan 27 21:37:42 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "That seems more like it"
[Thu Jan 27 21:38:08 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "Yep, let us do that"
[Thu Jan 27 21:38:22 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella begins to pull on a grate
[Thu Jan 27 21:38:42 2005] : (5) Aspen: Are the sewer outlets above or below water?
[Thu Jan 27 21:39:08 2005] : (1) DM: The outlets on the water are about half and half
[Thu Jan 27 21:39:17 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Usually above the water level, I'd think, to allow the waste out without the sea getting in
[Thu Jan 27 21:39:51 2005] : (1) DM: But they are only about 3 feet high
[Thu Jan 27 21:40:23 2005] : (5) Aspen: (looking at the size) "That scuppers that plan. Farky, you got that grate lifted?"
[Thu Jan 27 21:40:24 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "Wow, this is small"
[Thu Jan 27 21:40:25 2005] : (1) DM: you could swim into one, but you'd have to do back stroke to breathe
[Thu Jan 27 21:40:38 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Str check: [1d20-1] -> [18,-1] = (17)
[Thu Jan 27 21:40:49 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella pulls hard on the grate
[Thu Jan 27 21:41:09 2005] : (1) DM: The concrete that holds it in chips a fair bit
[Thu Jan 27 21:41:23 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas helps Farkenella
[Thu Jan 27 21:41:38 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Jan 27 21:41:43 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Thu Jan 27 21:41:57 2005] : (1) DM: ooc there are usually personnel accesses to sewers you know
[Thu Jan 27 21:42:01 2005] : (5) Aspen: "Here, borrow my crowbar."
[Thu Jan 27 21:42:06 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian and Gilbert assist
[Thu Jan 27 21:42:22 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella uses the crow bar
[Thu Jan 27 21:42:57 2005] : (1) DM: With a fair amount of work, you manage to prise the wrought iron grate out
[Thu Jan 27 21:43:07 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc you could be an annoying, literal DM or you could just assume we're lifting a manhole cover.
[Thu Jan 27 21:43:31 2005] : (1) DM: There's a 4 foot by 2 foot hole going diagonally down
[Thu Jan 27 21:43:44 2005] : (2) Laucian: how far down?
[Thu Jan 27 21:43:53 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "Seems to go down not to steep"
[Thu Jan 27 21:44:18 2005] : (1) DM: You can see about 10 feet
[Thu Jan 27 21:44:41 2005] : (1) DM: ooc there are no manholes, but the is an access room if you found it
[Thu Jan 27 21:45:08 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes her rapier out and starts going fdown, cautiously, making sure she does not slip
[Thu Jan 27 21:45:29 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc rapier has green light
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:08 2005] : (1) DM: OK, balance check
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:15 2005] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Any steps going down?
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:23 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:34 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc great
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:48 2005] : (1) DM: You slide down the 10 feet on your feet and hit water
[Thu Jan 27 21:46:54 2005] : (1) DM: reflex save
[Thu Jan 27 21:47:23 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Thu Jan 27 21:47:33 2005] : (1) DM: You recover OK at the bottom
[Thu Jan 27 21:47:40 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "Wooooooow"
[Thu Jan 27 21:47:44 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "That was close"
[Thu Jan 27 21:48:00 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks around
[Thu Jan 27 21:48:10 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Farkenella going down and gets her rope and hook out
[Thu Jan 27 21:48:42 2005] : (6) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Thu Jan 27 21:48:56 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "I am fine!"
[Thu Jan 27 21:49:22 2005] : (1) DM: You don't see agreat deal
[Thu Jan 27 21:49:38 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "I can't see much thought"
[Thu Jan 27 21:49:46 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "Be careful it's slippery"
[Thu Jan 27 21:49:48 2005] : (1) DM: The tunnel is lit periodically by the light coming in from the drains
[Thu Jan 27 21:49:50 2005] : (6) Farkenella: *though
[Thu Jan 27 21:50:27 2005] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas uses her (knotted) rope to climb down
[Thu Jan 27 21:51:53 2005] : (5) Aspen: me also
[Thu Jan 27 21:53:38 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian and Gilbert climb down after Finduilas
[Thu Jan 27 21:54:28 2005] : (1) DM: OK, you kame it down with the rope
[Thu Jan 27 21:54:35 2005] : (1) DM: ewrr make
[Thu Jan 27 21:54:38 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc test
[Thu Jan 27 21:54:46 2005] : (1) DM: no problems
[Thu Jan 27 21:57:10 2005] : (1) DM: OK you all get down on the rope no problem
[Thu Jan 27 21:57:33 2005] : (6) Farkenella: ooc are you using fog Craig ? or is my computer going bezerk
[Thu Jan 27 21:59:06 2005] : (5) Aspen: ooc don't use fog. It's buggy.
[Thu Jan 27 22:00:50 2005] : (6) Farkenella: "All good?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:01:43 2005] : Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Jan 27 22:01:44 2005] : Game disconnected!
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:00 2005] : Locating server at 217.155.90.66:6774...
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:01 2005] : Game connected!
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:01 2005] : (3) Aspen (enter): 22:05
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:01 2005] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.6.1'. [Thu Jan 27 22:05:01 2005] : (1) Finduilas (enter): 22:05
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:08 2005] : Moving to room 'Dorduk'..
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:08 2005] : (3) Aspen (enter): 22:05
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:08 2005] : Server Administrator-> [Thu Jan 27 22:05:08 2005] : (2) DM (enter): 22:05
[Thu Jan 27 22:05:34 2005] : (1) Finduilas (enter): 22:05
[Thu Jan 27 22:06:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella (enter): 22:06
[Thu Jan 27 22:06:34 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ok, no funky fog, thank you
[Thu Jan 27 22:06:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Everyone ok?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:21 2005] : (2) DM: All here?
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:26 2005] : (3) Aspen: I am.
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: yes
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:30 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:31 2005] : (2) DM: Where's Darren?
[Thu Jan 27 22:07:45 2005] : (1) Finduilas: I told you: he needed to reboot
[Thu Jan 27 22:08:23 2005] : (2) DM: oh. BRB loo
[Thu Jan 27 22:09:44 2005] : (2) DM: Back
[Thu Jan 27 22:09:53 2005] : (2) DM: Sorry about that. Bloody fog!
[Thu Jan 27 22:10:11 2005] : (4) Farkenella: np
[Thu Jan 27 22:10:52 2005] : (3) Aspen: one of the public servers had a great big warning about fog on the login message.
[Thu Jan 27 22:10:58 2005] : (1) Finduilas: It was a good idea, it's not your fault it fucked things up
[Thu Jan 27 22:11:47 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Well, now we all know
[Thu Jan 27 22:11:54 2005] : (2) DM: Yeah, i remember that now
[Thu Jan 27 22:12:06 2005] : (2) DM: Hmm, I hope his PC is OK
[Thu Jan 27 22:12:16 2005] : (3) Aspen: he's back on msn now
[Thu Jan 27 22:12:29 2005] : (1) Finduilas: And he has the server address
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:07 2005] : (1) Finduilas: He's having problems :(
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:16 2005] : (5) Darren (enter): 22:14
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:32 2005] : (5) Darren: ooc hi again
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:33 2005] : (1) Finduilas: :D
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:47 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Good to have you back as well :)
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:50 2005] : (2) DM: Hi
[Thu Jan 27 22:14:58 2005] : (2) DM: Can you see a map?
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:08 2005] : (5) Darren: aye
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:12 2005] : (2) DM: Cool
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "so everyone mede it safe?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:15 2005] : (3) Aspen: yup. It's mostly gray.
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:15 2005] : (5) Darren: with big grey covering
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:23 2005] : (2) DM: You are in the middle of the east/west passage
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:37 2005] : (2) DM: You can see that the passage turns North to thewest, and south to the east
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc where did we come in ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:54 2005] : (2) DM: ooc scroll it down
[Thu Jan 27 22:15:55 2005] : (3) Aspen: Are they twisty and all alike?
[Thu Jan 27 22:16:24 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc and how much is a square ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:16:26 2005] : (2) DM: It's a fairly uniform sewer. Periodically there are inlets from the houses above
[Thu Jan 27 22:16:38 2005] : (2) DM: A square is 5 feet
[Thu Jan 27 22:17:08 2005] : (5) Darren: single file then
[Thu Jan 27 22:17:43 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc grrr
[Thu Jan 27 22:17:52 2005] : You must be either a player or GM to use the miniature Layer
[Thu Jan 27 22:18:00 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I'm hardly fitting in the width ;)
[Thu Jan 27 22:18:05 2005] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3) Aspen...
[Thu Jan 27 22:18:28 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc DM, did we come in from above?
[Thu Jan 27 22:18:54 2005] : (2) DM: Yes
[Thu Jan 27 22:19:50 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I am probably in front, depending on where the slide faced "
[Thu Jan 27 22:20:14 2005] : (2) DM: In a 5 foot space you can reorder yourselves
[Thu Jan 27 22:20:43 2005] : (2) DM: you aren't likely to be more than 2 feet wide
[Thu Jan 27 22:21:03 2005] : (2) DM: The ceiling is about 6 feet high BTW
[Thu Jan 27 22:21:04 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc where do we face as we come in?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:21:13 2005] : (2) DM: Wherever
[Thu Jan 27 22:21:34 2005] : (2) DM: You slid in facing North
[Thu Jan 27 22:22:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Everyone alright?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:22:53 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I'm fine."
[Thu Jan 27 22:23:35 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "I'm fine"
[Thu Jan 27 22:24:05 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "OK, which way next?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:24:24 2005] : (3) Aspen: "West. East heads to the harbour."
[Thu Jan 27 22:24:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc we have feet in water, or are we on dry ground ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:25:51 2005] : (2) DM: It's a bit wet, this is not the same pipe that goes into the harbour
[Thu Jan 27 22:26:27 2005] : (2) DM: there's about 4 inches of reasonably (for a sewer) cllean water
[Thu Jan 27 22:26:39 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "ok, west it is then"
[Thu Jan 27 22:26:57 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "east I mean"
[Thu Jan 27 22:27:05 2005] : (3) Aspen: Is the sewer oval in cross-section or what?
[Thu Jan 27 22:27:13 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "west?" I'm lost
[Thu Jan 27 22:27:13 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Lead the way, Farkenella, I'll be right behind you"
[Thu Jan 27 22:27:20 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc West
[Thu Jan 27 22:27:50 2005] : (2) DM: No, the floor is fairly flat, it's curved at the 4 corners
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:09 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella arrives at a corner
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:21 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc map disappeared
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:29 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:39 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc map fine here
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:39 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc Still here
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:41 2005] : (2) DM: ooc any better?
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:50 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc still gone
[Thu Jan 27 22:28:54 2005] : (2) DM: ooc I loaded a new map
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:02 2005] : (2) DM: ooc fucking thing
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:13 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc i see us, on green...no map
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:37 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc do you see the drawings ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:42 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc yep
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:49 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc map is back
[Thu Jan 27 22:29:49 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc Try moving the lever up and down, refreshing the image
[Thu Jan 27 22:30:25 2005] : (2) DM: OK, up ahead the map splits
[Thu Jan 27 22:30:32 2005] : (2) DM: Spot check for the leader
[Thu Jan 27 22:30:34 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella tries to see what's ahead
[Thu Jan 27 22:30:38 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc see spot check above
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:16 2005] : (2) DM: You see something gold looking a little ahead, it's a bit concealed by tissue paper
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc huh ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:41 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I see something shiny out there"
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:44 2005] : (2) DM: In the water
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:51 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "In the water"
[Thu Jan 27 22:31:56 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Does it have teeth?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:03 2005] : (2) DM: ooc LOL
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:10 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "It looks more like metal or something"
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:20 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Does it have teeth?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:23 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella advances to the shiny sopot
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:24 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Let's have a closer look"
[Thu Jan 27 22:32:33 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Finduilas follows
[Thu Jan 27 22:33:28 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella tries to see what's in the water
[Thu Jan 27 22:33:30 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jan 27 22:33:37 2005] : (2) DM: You can see the shape of a ring. It is however surrounded by some wet paper
[Thu Jan 27 22:33:49 2005] : (2) DM: It's not hard to see it now
[Thu Jan 27 22:33:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella pokes with her rapier
[Thu Jan 27 22:34:11 2005] : (2) DM: The paper is easily removed withyour poking device
[Thu Jan 27 22:34:31 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella catches the ring with her rapier
[Thu Jan 27 22:34:52 2005] : (2) DM: it slides down the foil, dripping a bit
[Thu Jan 27 22:35:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella looks at it closely
[Thu Jan 27 22:35:11 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
[Thu Jan 27 22:35:29 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Anything interesting?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:35:36 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "I found a ring"
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:17 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Not sure it's worth much"
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:22 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Agathe gem on it"
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Is it magic?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:39 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella takes the ring in her hand
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:50 2005] : (2) DM: It's still al ittle damp
[Thu Jan 27 22:36:57 2005] : (2) DM: It's still a little damp
[Thu Jan 27 22:37:16 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, can you look at it?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:37:36 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc guys are you moving along ? or staying way behind ?
[Thu Jan 27 22:37:51 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian moves forward
[Thu Jan 27 22:38:12 2005] : (5) Laucian: "What ya got?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:38:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "A ring"
[Thu Jan 27 22:38:37 2005] : (3) Aspen: I'm sticking with the group.
[Thu Jan 27 22:38:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella hands the ring to Laucian and takes a look at the paper that's in the water
[Thu Jan 27 22:39:04 2005] : (5) Laucian: Laucian casts detect magic
[Thu Jan 27 22:39:20 2005] : (2) DM: The paper has brown streaks... it appears to have simply caught on the ring
[Thu Jan 27 22:39:52 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Sorry, no magic"
[Thu Jan 27 22:39:56 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc Brown streaks? Gross!
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:02 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella fishes the paper with her rapier carefully
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:06 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Too bad"
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:12 2005] : (2) DM: ooc Need I remind you where you are?
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:38 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc I didn't touch it, much too smart for that :P
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:40 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Onward then?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:53 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Yes, let's go"
[Thu Jan 27 22:40:56 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella looks to see if there's anything written on the paper
[Thu Jan 27 22:41:13 2005] : (2) DM: How close?
[Thu Jan 27 22:41:39 2005] : (4) Farkenella: As close as I can considering it's at the end of my rapier
[Thu Jan 27 22:41:57 2005] : (2) DM: The paper is not on the rapier
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:15 2005] : (2) DM: it tore as you poked it
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:16 2005] : (3) Aspen: "What are we standing around for. Let's get moving."
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:22 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I just said I fished it with the rapier carefully
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:32 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:35 2005] : (2) DM: It's soggy and torn now
[Thu Jan 27 22:42:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "ok, let's go on"
[Thu Jan 27 22:43:53 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella comes to the next crossing
[Thu Jan 27 22:44:22 2005] : (2) DM: OK, the passage branches here
[Thu Jan 27 22:44:38 2005] : (2) DM: There's still ambient light from grates
[Thu Jan 27 22:44:57 2005] : (2) DM: To the east though it seems to get darker further down
[Thu Jan 27 22:46:00 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I'd suggest east again. Away from the harbour."
[Thu Jan 27 22:46:06 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "East or west?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:46:33 2005] : (2) DM: ooc you mean West?
[Thu Jan 27 22:46:55 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc Left it is ;)
[Thu Jan 27 22:47:05 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc yeah, you keep saying that wrong..lol, confusing :P
[Thu Jan 27 22:47:08 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Let's go further west"
[Thu Jan 27 22:47:15 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Fine with me"
[Thu Jan 27 22:47:38 2005] : (2) DM: OK you walk a bit further wet
[Thu Jan 27 22:47:46 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Jan 27 22:48:18 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc ah. Aspen has a poor sense of direction and I'm roleplaying it that way, That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
[Thu Jan 27 22:48:29 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Jan 27 22:48:37 2005] : (2) DM: wet and west
[Thu Jan 27 22:48:39 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc We all believe you, David
[Thu Jan 27 22:48:42 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc story accepted
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:05 2005] : (2) DM: Listen checks
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:14 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:17 2005] : (5) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:18 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:33 2005] : (5) Gilbert: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [10,0] = (10)
[Thu Jan 27 22:49:44 2005] : (3) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Jan 27 22:50:16 2005] : (2) DM: You hear ths ounds of the sewer, a constant driip and splash
[Thu Jan 27 22:50:21 2005] : (2) DM: the sounds
[Thu Jan 27 22:50:55 2005] : (2) DM: To the south there's another fork
[Thu Jan 27 22:50:57 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc I wasted a roll of 24 just for that?
[Thu Jan 27 22:51:11 2005] : (2) DM: ooc yep
[Thu Jan 27 22:51:35 2005] : (2) DM: Moving on?
[Thu Jan 27 22:51:43 2005] : (1) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Jan 27 22:52:07 2005] : (2) DM: Which way?
[Thu Jan 27 22:52:08 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella looks carefully around and ahead and left and right as she advances
[Thu Jan 27 22:52:47 2005] : (2) DM: Thje sound of water seems to come more strongly from the east passage
[Thu Jan 27 22:52:59 2005] : (5) Laucian: "West"
[Thu Jan 27 22:54:12 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I think we could do with trying to trace the toxin."
[Thu Jan 27 22:54:13 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Can only go south or west really"
[Thu Jan 27 22:54:45 2005] : (2) DM: Going west?
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:06 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "So how do we trace the toxin? We don't een know what it looks like"
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:13 2005] : (3) Aspen: Is the toxin detectable by smell or sight?
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:22 2005] : (2) DM: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:26 2005] : (2) DM: oops
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:35 2005] : (2) DM: both
[Thu Jan 27 22:55:47 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "Yes, did the druid give you any hint Aspen?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:56:07 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "So should swe try that little corridor on the east?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:56:15 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen wasn't smart enough to ask.
[Thu Jan 27 22:56:44 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Or perhaps we should exit and form a real plan?"
[Thu Jan 27 22:56:59 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "We'll just have to keep our eyes and nose open for anything that doesn't seem to belong in a sewer"
[Thu Jan 27 22:57:05 2005] : (3) Aspen: "We're rather ill-prepared as it is. My fault really, sorry."
[Thu Jan 27 22:57:10 2005] : (1) Finduilas: ooc Is Softpaw here?
[Thu Jan 27 22:57:17 2005] : (2) DM: ooc no
[Thu Jan 27 22:57:21 2005] : (3) Aspen: Softpaw stayed top side.
[Thu Jan 27 22:57:35 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Farkenella, take a look down the east passage, if it goes nowhere well carry on a little south then west"'
[Thu Jan 27 22:58:12 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "She can't go alone, I'll go with her"
[Thu Jan 27 22:58:36 2005] : (2) DM: OK, as you approach, the noise of water gets louder
[Thu Jan 27 22:58:48 2005] : (5) Laucian: "Its only 10ft away Finduilas"
[Thu Jan 27 22:58:54 2005] : (4) Farkenella: "OK, I'll go, I can hide Finduias, let me go alone. I won't go far"
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:10 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "But we don't know who or what is there, Laucian"
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:21 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella sheathes her rapier (that glows) and takes her dagger in hand
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:26 2005] : (5) Laucian: ooc its 2 squares to her right
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:29 2005] : (1) Finduilas: "Be careful then and hurry up"
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:29 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+22] -> [2,22] = (24)
[Thu Jan 27 22:59:37 2005] : (2) DM: There's a room. There's a gantry and a settling pond. it appears to be some form of inspection room.
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:11 2005] : (2) DM: At the end of the gantry is a door, you guess it goes outside
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:12 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Farkenella looks closely at the room
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:26 2005] : (2) DM: ooc ignore the door on the room
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc what's a gantry ?
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:34 2005] : (2) DM: Walkway
[Thu Jan 27 23:00:43 2005] : (4) Farkenella: ooc, where, can you mark it ?
[Thu Jan 27 23:01:27 2005] : (4) Farkenella: k
[Thu Jan 27 23:01:35 2005] : (4) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Jan 27 23:01:39 2005] : (2) DM: There's a set of metal steps up to the walkway
[Thu Jan 27 23:02:14 2005] : (2) DM: The walkway is about 10 feet up
[Thu Jan 27 23:02:29 2005] : (4) Farkenella: there ?
[Thu Jan 27 23:02:42 2005] : (2) DM: OK chaps... Gonna call it a day there
[Thu Jan 27 23:02:44 2005] : (2) DM: GAME END