Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 20 January 2005

[Thu Jan 20 19:44:36 2005] : (5) DM: GAME START
[Thu Jan 20 19:44:53 2005] : (5) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Jan 20 19:44:53 2005] : ** (2) Laucian looks about for the mage who summoned the elementals **
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:01 2005] : (2) Laucian: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:12 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:15 2005] : (3) Aspen: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:25 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Swim Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:26 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:33 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc Sorry
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:44 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Jan 20 19:45:53 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc well , they /were/ water elementals
[Thu Jan 20 19:46:00 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc was going to say that
[Thu Jan 20 19:47:53 2005] : (5) DM: OK gang, what are you up to
[Thu Jan 20 19:47:56 2005] : (5) DM: ?
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:29 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc continuing with what we were doing?
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:33 2005] : (3) Aspen: Dripping.
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:46 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I need to study this diary a bit closer"
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:48 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "What is that guy doing here?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:57 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I am pretty sure we will find sthings of interest in it"
[Thu Jan 20 19:48:58 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "What guy?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:00 2005] : (2) Laucian: "guy?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:04 2005] : ** (4) Finduilas pursues a man **
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:24 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella starts
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:30 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas starts running
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Wow, where did she go ?
[Thu Jan 20 19:49:37 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian looks confused
[Thu Jan 20 19:50:18 2005] : (5) DM: [1d20] -> [20] = (20)
[Thu Jan 20 19:50:30 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Berrawyn also looks confused
[Thu Jan 20 19:50:56 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella follows Finduilas
[Thu Jan 20 19:50:58 2005] : (5) DM: A man in green robes is running away about 600 feet away
[Thu Jan 20 19:51:16 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian follows after Finduilas
[Thu Jan 20 19:51:17 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Berrawyn points
[Thu Jan 20 19:51:17 2005] : (3) Aspen: Sheep like, Aspen follows.
[Thu Jan 20 19:51:21 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "him?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:51:29 2005] : (5) DM: It's the mage you saw running away before
[Thu Jan 20 19:52:14 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc /me looks with a dumb face, we saw a mage running before ?
[Thu Jan 20 19:52:33 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc When we met all those people running and screaming
[Thu Jan 20 19:52:42 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian starts sprinting after him
[Thu Jan 20 19:52:48 2005] : (5) DM: OK, if you are following, you're going to have to catch him
[Thu Jan 20 19:53:31 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Berrawyn starts running after the others
[Thu Jan 20 19:53:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella accelerates, trying to catch the guy
[Thu Jan 20 19:54:07 2005] : (5) DM: You see him run into the Waukeen gardens
[Thu Jan 20 19:54:27 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas keeps on running
[Thu Jan 20 19:54:59 2005] : (5) DM: Make con rolls everyone
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:04 2005] : (2) Laucian: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:07 2005] : (5) DM: [1d20] -> [3] = (3)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:08 2005] : (3) Aspen: Con check: [1d20+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:09 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Con check: [1d20+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:25 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Con check: [1d20-1] -> [14,-1] = (13)
[Thu Jan 20 19:55:52 2005] : (5) DM: OK, Laucian keeps up the pace as does Berrawyn, he tires out quite quickly, but not as quickly as Aspen
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:07 2005] : (5) DM: You catch up to him
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:20 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Pfff..."
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:25 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Stop, stop!"
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella catches her breath
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:35 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I didn't mean any harm"
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:50 2005] : (5) Wizard: He's cowering and panting
[Thu Jan 20 19:56:55 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "What did you think you were doing?!?!?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:12 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "You..did...not?" (panting)
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:13 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Oh well, if you didnt mean any harm its ok"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:16 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I was... you wouldn't understand"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:29 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You were dabbling in magic beyond your control"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:37 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You meant no harm? You set water elementals on the city: but you meant no harm?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:39 2005] : (5) Wizard: "How dare you!"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:52 2005] : (2) Laucian: "NO!!! How dare you!!!"
[Thu Jan 20 19:57:54 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I only tried to use magic to get some fish"
[Thu Jan 20 19:58:00 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Were you in control then? Be honest, if you can"
[Thu Jan 20 19:58:14 2005] : (5) Wizard: He looks crestfallen
[Thu Jan 20 19:58:19 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Wouldn't a net have been safer?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:58:32 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Are you that hungry?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:58:36 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I thought it easier to get them to jump at me"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:00 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Fish! And you conjured magic that powerful for some fish!?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:07 2005] : (5) Wizard: "It was for the poor people, honest"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:09 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Stupid, ignorant, irresponsible"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:09 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Why?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:22 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Why not just buy some damn fish"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:33 2005] : (5) Wizard: "It worked last time"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:34 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Or a net"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:38 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I, err"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:54 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Alright, time to visit the guard, I think"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:55 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "You've done this before?"
[Thu Jan 20 19:59:55 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I think upset the water, or something"
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:17 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Dont you have money to buy food for them?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:36 2005] : (5) Wizard: sense motive checks anyone?
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:42 2005] : (2) Laucian: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:43 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:48 2005] : (5) Wizard: "well, possibly"
[Thu Jan 20 20:00:54 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Jan 20 20:01:03 2005] : (2) Laucian: "possibly, you either have money or you dont"
[Thu Jan 20 20:01:32 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "And now for the whole truth, before I lose my temper"
[Thu Jan 20 20:01:37 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Hmm, well Ok, I do have money"
[Thu Jan 20 20:01:59 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I dont know what you're talking about"
[Thu Jan 20 20:02:08 2005] : (5) Wizard: he looks more red in the face
[Thu Jan 20 20:02:22 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "No? I think you do"
[Thu Jan 20 20:02:45 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Thu Jan 20 20:02:45 2005] : (5) Wizard: "No I don't"
[Thu Jan 20 20:02:47 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc anyone got a sledgehammer??
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:08 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Lying isn't going to help you, you know"
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:21 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Lets just take him to the gaurd and let them dig it out of him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Finduilas, I readily agree, this man is hiding something"
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:39 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I..."
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:48 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Yes?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:03:53 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I'm not hiding anything"
[Thu Jan 20 20:04:01 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella smiles at the man
[Thu Jan 20 20:04:24 2005] : (3) Aspen: A slightly out-of-breath Aspen catches up.
[Thu Jan 20 20:04:26 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Sorry, my mistake, not something, but you definitely were not going for fish"
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:01 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "What kept you Aspen?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:08 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "So yes, taking you to the guards of illegal practice of magic with an intention to harm others sounds like a good plan"
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:12 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I don't know what you mean... you were watching me weren't you?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:15 2005] : (1) Farkenella: *for
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas has her hand on the hilt of her sword as she looks the wizard in the eye
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:28 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Illegal practice of magic?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:05:35 2005] : (2) Laucian: "If I have to use my detect thoughts spell on you Ill be very unhappy"
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:02 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Please don't lie to us, I really hate that"
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:05 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Well, you know, I am not sure magic is meant to be used by people who either don't master it, or intend to harm others with it"
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:14 2005] : (5) Wizard: Thos trying to intimidate need to make a roll
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:19 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "conjuring water elementals, I say!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:21 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:24 2005] : (2) Laucian: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [6,-1] = (5)
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:28 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: oc how scary we are!
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:39 2005] : (5) Wizard: ooc all very intimidating ;)
[Thu Jan 20 20:06:40 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc All 1s?
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Surely there's something in the law against that!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:21 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Look, it was all an accident, I'll just be on my way"
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:27 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Right, let the guard sort it then. If you can't be honest we can't help you"
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:42 2005] : (5) Wizard: "No law against magic here"
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:43 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella holds the man by the sleeve
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:48 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Hey!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:51 2005] : (5) Wizard: [1d20] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Jan 20 20:07:58 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Theres probably a law against endangering the citizens tho"
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:05 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You are not going anywhere, you're coming with us and face the consequences of your actions"
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:10 2005] : (5) Wizard: He struggles but you have a firmer grip
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:12 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Sure, no law, but we have seen you, we know what danger you brought upon the city"
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:13 2005] : (3) Aspen: "We could probably squeeze in attempted murder somehow."
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:23 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas takes his other arm
[Thu Jan 20 20:08:30 2005] : (5) Wizard: "You've got no proof I did anything"
[Thu Jan 20 20:09:04 2005] : (5) Wizard: he's helpless in your grip
[Thu Jan 20 20:09:05 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You just admitted it to us, that is all the proof we need"
[Thu Jan 20 20:09:08 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Luacian, what did you say about a detect thoughts spell ?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:09:19 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I admitted to what?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:09:58 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "To endangering the people of this city by conjuring water elementals"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:05 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian pulls out a scroll
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:15 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Look, there's no need for the guar, they won't be able to do anything, my father will see to that"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:29 2005] : (5) Wizard: "And there's no need to upset him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:31 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Oh, he will, will he ?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:35 2005] : (5) Wizard: "how about 200 gold?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:45 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "And he will be upset with you?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:50 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You think we can be bought??"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:55 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Don't insult us"
[Thu Jan 20 20:10:59 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "And just who is your father?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:02 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Well, yes... 400?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:02 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Bribing us now? This is getting better by the minute."
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:18 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Look, 1000, OK?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:20 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Bribing city employees, eh? Let me add that too the list."
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:21 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas starts to march off, to the guard
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:48 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Good point aspen, we are city appointed representatives now arent we"
[Thu Jan 20 20:11:52 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Don't forget trying to intimidate us by mentioning his father"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:09 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Look, this is all a big misunderstanding"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:11 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Indeed we are"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:19 2005] : (5) Wizard: "I wasn't doing anything, honest"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:33 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Stop lying"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:38 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Let's toss him in a cell and let him think things over."
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:52 2005] : (2) Laucian: "In fact, as we have control over the investigation into the growths, maybe we should detain this guy and see if he is involved in that"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:52 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Ah, let me go, or you'll pay"
[Thu Jan 20 20:12:53 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "If it wasn't you, then what caused the elementals to show up?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:05 2005] : (5) Wizard: "We have powerful frieds"
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:12 2005] : (5) Wizard: friends
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:13 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "And threatening us as well, this keeps getting better and better"
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc fried eggs? bacon? potatoes?
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:24 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Umm, nature?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:37 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:50 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella smiles
[Thu Jan 20 20:13:57 2005] : (1) Farkenella: N"Nature, he says, all candid"
[Thu Jan 20 20:14:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Listen, if you have nothing to hide, you won't mind making us look stupid in front of the guards, right?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:14:26 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "So let us go"
[Thu Jan 20 20:14:33 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Candid? I doubt he knows the meaning of the word"
[Thu Jan 20 20:14:35 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Water elementals appearing the middle of town and attacking doesn't seem so natural to me."
[Thu Jan 20 20:14:41 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Im sure that once we lock you up and look through your bag wel find ample evidence"
[Thu Jan 20 20:15:22 2005] : (5) DM: OK, you arrive at the guard house
[Thu Jan 20 20:16:23 2005] : (5) Wizard: "Look, I'm telling you this is a big mistake, a misunderstanding"
[Thu Jan 20 20:17:05 2005] : (5) Wizard: "They won't lock me up"
[Thu Jan 20 20:17:06 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Again..."
[Thu Jan 20 20:17:59 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Let's find out, shall we?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:18:03 2005] : (5) DM: You are at the guard house...
[Thu Jan 20 20:18:24 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Sargeant? We have a visitor for your cells"
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:15 2005] : (5) Guard: "Oh, it's him again"
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:23 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc we did get a letter from the guard chief, right ?
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:25 2005] : (5) Guard: "Ok, I'll take him from here"
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:31 2005] : (5) Guard: ooc yes
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:43 2005] : (5) Guard: "What have you been up to this time?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:51 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Again? Does he get himself into trouble a lot?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:19:59 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Is he a regular?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:08 2005] : (5) Guard: "he's always doing it. He has these bloody magic surges"
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:13 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "He conjured up some water elementals and then ran away"
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:26 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella looks at the man sideways
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:29 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "What do you mean: surges?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:33 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Oh, you did nothing hey?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:20:42 2005] : (5) Guard: "Come on Gilbert, you know the way"
[Thu Jan 20 20:21:13 2005] : (5) Guard: "I don't know, just every now and then he does a spell and all hell breaks loose"
[Thu Jan 20 20:21:40 2005] : (5) Guard: "he's only been doing it for about 2 months"
[Thu Jan 20 20:21:46 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Perhaps you should confiscate his spellbooks"
[Thu Jan 20 20:21:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Well, that was not exactly hell, too wet for that. But it sure wasn't paradise either."
[Thu Jan 20 20:21:56 2005] : (5) Guard: "Yes, we do"
[Thu Jan 20 20:22:10 2005] : (5) Guard: "unfortunately he seems not to need one"
[Thu Jan 20 20:22:45 2005] : (2) Laucian: "ah"
[Thu Jan 20 20:22:51 2005] : (5) Guard: "Thanks folks"
[Thu Jan 20 20:22:59 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Isn't there anyone who could teach him how to use his powers? He seems to be dangerous as long as he can't control them"
[Thu Jan 20 20:23:14 2005] : (5) Guard: "None of the mages will take him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:23:24 2005] : (5) Guard: "Seems that h'es something new to them"
[Thu Jan 20 20:23:31 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Somebody is going to get killed, and that somebody could be him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:23:41 2005] : (5) Guard: "Like one of them sorcerors, but a bit odder like"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:02 2005] : (5) Guard: "Yes ma'am, but we can't keep him locked up"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:13 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Laucian: you know about magic. Is there any way we could help him?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:19 2005] : (5) Guard: "I believe that the vizier was planning to banish him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:24 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "How do you mean, odder?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:37 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Could I speak to him?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:43 2005] : (5) Guard: "These magic surges sir, not like a respectable sorceror"
[Thu Jan 20 20:24:45 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "That seems a bit harsh, if he really can't help himself"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:05 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Could I speak to him privately?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:09 2005] : (5) Guard: "If you want sir"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:23 2005] : (5) Guard: "of course, not sure what the new vizier will make of him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Oh new vizier there is?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:41 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Who is that?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:25:52 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian goes to find gilbert
[Thu Jan 20 20:26:13 2005] : (5) Guard: "Yes ma'm his deputy, Ralman has assumed the position"
[Thu Jan 20 20:26:30 2005] : (5) Guard: "The Duke will probably ratify it in the next few days"
[Thu Jan 20 20:26:54 2005] : (5) Gilbert: Laucian finds him easily enough
[Thu Jan 20 20:26:55 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Great. Let us wait for Laucian to talk with this Gilbert here"
[Thu Jan 20 20:28:09 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc sry, afk 1 min
[Thu Jan 20 20:28:13 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "And you can make a start on your reading"
[Thu Jan 20 20:28:26 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Hello again gilbert"
[Thu Jan 20 20:29:04 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Actually, I'll be stepping out for a few minutes"
[Thu Jan 20 20:29:05 2005] : (5) Gilbert: Diary scrap
[Thu Jan 20 20:29:16 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Hello, come to gloat have you?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:29:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas returns to the harbourr
[Thu Jan 20 20:29:32 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Actually no, Ive come to help if I can"
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:01 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Really?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:06 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella reads the diary
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:09 2005] : (5) Gilbert: looks bright eyed
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:20 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Yes, many who study the arts struggle at irst, its not an easy calling"
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:20 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "My dad's not really a big shot"
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:28 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Thats ok"
[Thu Jan 20 20:30:33 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "But I'm so different!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:31:01 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "I get my magic without studying, so the mages don't want to help me"
[Thu Jan 20 20:31:17 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I know, some find it difficult to accept anything new"
[Thu Jan 20 20:31:33 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I do want to help though"
[Thu Jan 20 20:31:51 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "But it's so unpredictable, so the sorcerors won't help either"
[Thu Jan 20 20:31:58 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "and now I'm to be banished"
[Thu Jan 20 20:32:08 2005] : (2) Laucian: "The guard said you had trouble controlling your powers"
[Thu Jan 20 20:32:33 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc of course, before we went to the guards, I picked up my gear, unless the DM stole it first
[Thu Jan 20 20:32:51 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "yes, they usually come out ok, but especially when other people who do magic are near, they go haywire"
[Thu Jan 20 20:33:14 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Completely uncontrollable?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:33:26 2005] : (5) Gilbert: ooc you ran straight afte the guy, you can go back and look
[Thu Jan 20 20:33:43 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Umm, not always, but a lot of the time"
[Thu Jan 20 20:34:07 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I imagine you are getting pretty desperate to solve your problem"
[Thu Jan 20 20:34:08 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Those things came because I hurt the water"
[Thu Jan 20 20:34:16 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You hurt it?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:34:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas returns, with her halfspear and Farkenella's gear
[Thu Jan 20 20:34:51 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Umm, yeah it turned to air. I was trying to create a small wind"
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:01 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella starts and suddenly realizes she's dropped Fenialis' gear where the water elemental were. Runs out, goes to fetch them.
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:09 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Would you like my help Gilbert?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:23 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "If you are willing to help"
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:28 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Runs into Finduilas carrying her stuff
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:31 2005] : (5) Gilbert: He looks amazed
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:47 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I am, but are you willing to travel? I dont usually stay in one place too long"
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:58 2005] : (5) Gilbert: ooc no-one touched the stuff BTW
[Thu Jan 20 20:35:58 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Hi, Farkenella, miss something?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:06 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Yes, indeed"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:13 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "But I see you have found it"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:16 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I think I have it all here"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:21 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "I, I can't leave my mother"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:29 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "She's not well"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:30 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc that was lucky!
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:34 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Thank you"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:38 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You may not have a choice if you are banished"
[Thu Jan 20 20:36:47 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Whats wrong with her?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:37:07 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "She's got scrofula"
[Thu Jan 20 20:37:27 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I was just picking my spear up when I saw these lying around. It's a good thing people were so frightened, nobody even touched it"
[Thu Jan 20 20:37:36 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Has anyone tried to cure her?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:37:48 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc What's scrofula?
[Thu Jan 20 20:37:53 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Her neck is all swelled up, and she can't breathe properly"
[Thu Jan 20 20:38:03 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "cure? That costs a lot of money"
[Thu Jan 20 20:38:36 2005] : (5) Gilbert: scrofula
[Thu Jan 20 20:38:57 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc ty
[Thu Jan 20 20:39:15 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Ill tell you what gilbert. Agree to stick with me, travel where I go, follow my instruction if I give it and I will do all I can to have your mother cured, to keep you from being banished so that you can visit her, I will share all I earn from my adventures equally with you."
[Thu Jan 20 20:39:15 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "We can't afford cures"
[Thu Jan 20 20:39:21 2005] : (2) Laucian: "How does that sound?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:39:39 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I will of course also try and help you control your new abilities"
[Thu Jan 20 20:39:43 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Umm, wow... Half?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:40:03 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "I imagine I could find enough for a cure easily"
[Thu Jan 20 20:40:04 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Half, all money we split down the middle, anything else we decide on between us"
[Thu Jan 20 20:40:13 2005] : (5) Gilbert: He looks at you in awe
[Thu Jan 20 20:40:27 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Ill get her cured before we have to leave town, before you earn anything"
[Thu Jan 20 20:40:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella keeps reading
[Thu Jan 20 20:41:03 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Will the guard let me go?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:41:16 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc how do you do links again ?
[Thu Jan 20 20:41:23 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Ill make sure he does, Im pretty sure he wont argue if I speak up for you"
[Thu Jan 20 20:41:47 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Great!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:41:54 2005] : (2) Laucian: "So you agree?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:42:20 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I need commitment to this from you though Gilbert, I cant help you otherwise"
[Thu Jan 20 20:42:39 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Yes, yes"
[Thu Jan 20 20:42:59 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "I'll go and see my mother, then I can meet up with you later today!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:43:30 2005] : (2) Laucian: "If you want Ill come with you and get her cured straight away, to show my commitment to this"
[Thu Jan 20 20:43:54 2005] : (5) Gilbert: ""Oh, no... I couldn't!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:44:09 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "I must pay for this myself"
[Thu Jan 20 20:44:19 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "You are such a kind man"
[Thu Jan 20 20:44:23 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You will be paying by letting me help you"
[Thu Jan 20 20:44:28 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Err, elf"
[Thu Jan 20 20:44:43 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "but that makes no sense!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:45:38 2005] : (5) DM: OK, he's ready to follow you
[Thu Jan 20 20:45:49 2005] : (5) DM: OK, he's ready to follow yo
[Thu Jan 20 20:45:53 2005] : (2) Laucian: do we visit his mom?
[Thu Jan 20 20:46:11 2005] : (5) DM: He's going to go alone, he's insistent
[Thu Jan 20 20:46:43 2005] : (5) Guard: "So you are taking him in as a ward?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:46:49 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:05 2005] : (5) Guard: "Well, I'm sure that you know best"
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella raises an eye
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:21 2005] : (2) Laucian: "He wont learn anything being locked up once a week"
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:25 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "You are what ?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:40 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Well, I hope he doesn't accidentally transform Softpaw into a dog or something. He wouldn't be happy about that."
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:41 2005] : (5) Guard: ""He's a good kid really"
[Thu Jan 20 20:47:52 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "It is a goog thing you are doing, but are you sure you can help him?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:00 2005] : (4) Finduilas: good
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:06 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I can try Finduilas"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:08 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Now, everybody thinks this is great, right ?
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:23 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "It is the right thing to do"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:25 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "He'll get killed faster than he'll learne anything, staying with us!"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:32 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "It'll certainly liven things up"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: -e
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:35 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I will protect him"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:45 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas laughs
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:55 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Ok, I suppose I am outnumbered here"
[Thu Jan 20 20:48:57 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "As is we need things livening up"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:03 2005] : (2) Laucian: "He is my ward, my responsibility, I ask nothing from anyone else except that they accept him like they have me."
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:15 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Were did he go, anyway?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:24 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Well, listen, while you were sweet talking him there, I managed to browse through the diary"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:25 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I will share my cut of any treasure with him, my actions shouldnt cost you"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:51 2005] : (5) Gilbert: "Right, I must see my mother"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:53 2005] : (2) Laucian: "he is going to visit his mother, she needs to be cured of a disease, could you help with that Finduilas?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:49:58 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Laucian, I am not worried about it costing me. It might cost HIM something, but then, in matters of magic I trust you know better than I do"
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:00 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc hasnt he gone yet?
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:03 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Ok Laucian, but I think we could all look after him a little"
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:11 2005] : (5) Gilbert: ooc err, he has now!
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:16 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc lol
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:21 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I am not sure I can, Laucian, but I will try"
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:29 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Thats all I ask"
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "So i was saying, the diary"
[Thu Jan 20 20:50:54 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Yes Farkenella, sorry"
[Thu Jan 20 20:51:07 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Oh yes. Anything interesting?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:51:43 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Most entries are actually critpic, but here is what I found.
[Thu Jan 20 20:51:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: *cryptic
[Thu Jan 20 20:52:00 2005] : (5) Guard: GAME PAUSE - need to loo
[Thu Jan 20 20:52:08 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella explains
[Thu Jan 20 20:52:17 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc grand!
[Thu Jan 20 20:53:35 2005] : (5) Guard: ok all here?
[Thu Jan 20 20:53:40 2005] : (2) Laucian: yep
[Thu Jan 20 20:53:41 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "That part is interesting, I found those growths, and especially that crystal, to feel good as well. Unfortunately that was after we destroyed it"
[Thu Jan 20 20:54:33 2005] : (5) Guard: GAME RESUME
[Thu Jan 20 20:54:48 2005] : (3) Aspen: "But that doesn't make any sense. It was trapping people in their homes and destroying things. How could that be good?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:55:09 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Is fire good or bad? Are wolves?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:55:16 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Perhaps it's use has been warped"
[Thu Jan 20 20:55:43 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Then perhaps the growths are protecting the town from something even worse."
[Thu Jan 20 20:55:58 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Or they are being misused"
[Thu Jan 20 20:56:10 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Hmmm. Either way there is a LOT we dont know"
[Thu Jan 20 20:56:27 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "So we need to find out more"
[Thu Jan 20 20:56:51 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "and there's only one way to do that unfortunately"
[Thu Jan 20 20:56:56 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I'd rather not destroy any more crystals if we can help it, it felt like something good died"
[Thu Jan 20 20:57:38 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "We will have to find a way into one of the other growths"
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:02 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Were those dwarfs and the forsaken (?) trying to destroy the growths then, rather than producing it?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:07 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "We have to find those Chardun"
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:28 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Chardun?"
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:38 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Yes"
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:51 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas points at the word in the diary
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:54 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella is pensive, listening to her friends making suggestions
[Thu Jan 20 20:58:59 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Whatever they are"
[Thu Jan 20 20:59:22 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Those are those dwarfs, right?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:00:07 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Yes, they are"
[Thu Jan 20 21:00:15 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella looks gloomy
[Thu Jan 20 21:00:32 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "We need to find this Silandrea"
[Thu Jan 20 21:00:58 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Cerndrik mentionned here. Well, not him, but she talked through him when we were there"
[Thu Jan 20 21:01:07 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I agree Farkenella. I'd much prefer to be back in Northwood away from all this. But.... *sigh*"
[Thu Jan 20 21:01:37 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Silandrea was asked to remove Fenialis from the picture"
[Thu Jan 20 21:01:44 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "It seems she has succeeded"
[Thu Jan 20 21:02:32 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "But is she involved in this situation?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:02:32 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And then there's this Lord Draxan she answeres to"
[Thu Jan 20 21:02:41 2005] : (1) Farkenella: -e
[Thu Jan 20 21:02:48 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian looks confused
[Thu Jan 20 21:04:04 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And then...what was his name again?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:04:13 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Fialos? no, Vialos I think"
[Thu Jan 20 21:04:20 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "They all had to do with Jeffers"
[Thu Jan 20 21:04:47 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You think it goes all the way back to him?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:04:48 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc I cant remember that far back
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:05 2005] : (5) Guard: ooc all the way - like 4 days ago or something ;)
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:26 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I am sure"
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:36 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I remember that conversation as if it were uyesterday"
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:39 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc :P
[Thu Jan 20 21:05:59 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Too bad Jeffers is dead then"
[Thu Jan 20 21:06:19 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And there was something with the hybrid transformation"
[Thu Jan 20 21:06:27 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "They were trying to make Jeffers a Chardun"
[Thu Jan 20 21:06:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And apparently we thwarted their plans"
[Thu Jan 20 21:06:48 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I don't know what the growths have to do with all this though"
[Thu Jan 20 21:07:02 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Maybe nothing. Mayb everything"
[Thu Jan 20 21:07:07 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "So what if ... they succeeded after all?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:08:09 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "We can stand here and discuss it or go investigate"
[Thu Jan 20 21:08:19 2005] : (5) Guard: "So you folks want lunch?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:08:31 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Truse, I would like to have these items identified first, and buy a few things"
[Thu Jan 20 21:08:49 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Lunch sounds great, thank you"
[Thu Jan 20 21:08:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I found myslef a bit short with no magic weapons to defend myself from those water things"
[Thu Jan 20 21:09:02 2005] : (1) Farkenella: *True
[Thu Jan 20 21:09:11 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Lunch, now, that sounds best of all."
[Thu Jan 20 21:09:11 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Mmm. Food. Does this place have a refectory then?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:09:37 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc brb - 2 mins
[Thu Jan 20 21:10:18 2005] : (5) Guard: "No, but i'll share my sandwiches if you are staying"
[Thu Jan 20 21:10:35 2005] : (5) Guard: "My missus always makes too many"
[Thu Jan 20 21:10:48 2005] : (3) Aspen: "She makes enough for six?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:11:12 2005] : (5) Guard: "Yeah, if you aren't too hungry"
[Thu Jan 20 21:11:45 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "wow, nice"
[Thu Jan 20 21:11:46 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Thanks."
[Thu Jan 20 21:12:00 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You are very kind"
[Thu Jan 20 21:12:32 2005] : (5) Guard: he shares out his sandwiches
[Thu Jan 20 21:12:43 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Thank you so much"
[Thu Jan 20 21:12:51 2005] : (5) Guard: he cuts an apple into six pices with a small knife
[Thu Jan 20 21:13:14 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas starts to eat
[Thu Jan 20 21:13:39 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Errr, oh, have my share of the apple. It's already awfully nice of you to share the sandwiches"
[Thu Jan 20 21:13:48 2005] : (5) DM: OK gang, lunch is short and savoury
[Thu Jan 20 21:15:03 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Sir, have you ever heard the name Silandrea? Or Vialos? Or best, Lord Draxan?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:15:45 2005] : (5) Guard: "I'm a fraid not ma'am"
[Thu Jan 20 21:15:58 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Do make sure to thank your lady wife from us for a very nice lunch"
[Thu Jan 20 21:16:09 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Do you know of anyone who would nknow babout dwarves in town?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:16:10 2005] : (5) Guard: "I'm sure she'll be delighted"
[Thu Jan 20 21:16:27 2005] : (5) Guard: "You could try one of the local dwarves I suppose"
[Thu Jan 20 21:16:33 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc back
[Thu Jan 20 21:16:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Any famous one?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:17:57 2005] : (5) Guard: "Not really, I believe that they have a local leader, but dwarf politics are quite discrete"
[Thu Jan 20 21:18:40 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Do you know where we could find this leader?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:19:11 2005] : (5) Guard: "As I say, I don't even know which one it is"
[Thu Jan 20 21:19:30 2005] : (3) Aspen: "A local dwarf would know."
[Thu Jan 20 21:19:36 2005] : (5) Guard: "probably"
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:01 2005] : (2) Laucian: what time of day is it?
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:05 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Ok, let us go"
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:13 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc just after lunchtime?
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:40 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc so around 1ish i guess
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:43 2005] : (5) Guard: ooc about noon
[Thu Jan 20 21:20:49 2005] : (2) Laucian: ok
[Thu Jan 20 21:21:44 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I wouldn't mind going somewhere where we can identify these things. Or, if we wait till morning, at least put them away in my room"
[Thu Jan 20 21:21:53 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Aren't we waiting for Gilbert to return?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:21:54 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Can't carry all this stuff all day long"
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:08 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Gilbert will meet me at the inn this evening"
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:12 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And the Innkeeper might be able to help us on the dwarf front anyway"
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:33 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Back to the inn then"
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella starts to go towards the Inn
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:48 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Very well then, let's go to the inn after we have that stuff identified"
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:51 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian heads back to the inn
[Thu Jan 20 21:22:59 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas follows
[Thu Jan 20 21:23:18 2005] : (5) DM: OK, you make it to the inn with no problems
[Thu Jan 20 21:23:27 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc don't wae come across some identifier shop on the way ?
[Thu Jan 20 21:24:06 2005] : (5) DM: You could try Zalzabar's, that's on the way
[Thu Jan 20 21:24:16 2005] : (5) DM: Or Delgain's
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:20 2005] : (5) DM: So?
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Delgain's it is
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:29 2005] : (1) Farkenella: for me anyway
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:35 2005] : (5) DM: OK, he's happy to do it for 150gp per item
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:47 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas pays
[Thu Jan 20 21:25:54 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Hi there Delgain, I have come to give you a little extra work, here is the money"
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:08 2005] : (5) DM: He takes the money
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:09 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella hands 300 GP
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:19 2005] : (5) DM: What are the items
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:21 2005] : (5) DM: ?
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:39 2005] : (1) Farkenella: oh
[Thu Jan 20 21:26:50 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Finduilas, we could share ?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:03 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Farkenella hands Finduilas 150 GP"
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:03 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "No need, just get it done"
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:19 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "OK, armour here and sword"
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas ignores the money
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:38 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Farkenella pockets the money"
[Thu Jan 20 21:27:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: oooc damn italics, sorry
[Thu Jan 20 21:28:01 2005] : (5) Delgain: "Hmm, doubly protective magic on the armour
[Thu Jan 20 21:28:41 2005] : (5) Delgain: "And the sword... yes, extra attack and damageI think, two lots of enchantment"
[Thu Jan 20 21:29:21 2005] : (5) DM: i.e studded leather +2, and longsword +2
[Thu Jan 20 21:29:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Thank you Delgain, have ou been able to bgo through with Fenialis' burrial?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:30:11 2005] : (5) DM: "Yes, i saw to it in the early hours"
[Thu Jan 20 21:30:49 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "And the writing as well?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:31:02 2005] : (5) DM: ooc writing?
[Thu Jan 20 21:31:14 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc plaque, memorial thingy I asked for
[Thu Jan 20 21:31:27 2005] : (5) Delgain: "yes, of course"
[Thu Jan 20 21:31:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella hands 100 GP
[Thu Jan 20 21:32:09 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Tell me where it is, I will go. Thank you for your work."
[Thu Jan 20 21:32:44 2005] : (5) Delgain: Delgain describes ther location
[Thu Jan 20 21:33:20 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Thank you. Know who we could talk to about sdwarves ?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:34:11 2005] : (5) Delgain: "Dwarves? Err, a dwarf?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:34:30 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Yes. Which?"
[Thu Jan 20 21:35:21 2005] : (5) Delgain: "No, I don't know any dwarves of the magical persuasion, sorry"
[Thu Jan 20 21:35:31 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Ok, we're off"
[Thu Jan 20 21:35:41 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Thank you ever so much"
[Thu Jan 20 21:35:53 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ""Farkenella leaves
[Thu Jan 20 21:36:14 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc oh, anyone needs potions and stuff ?
[Thu Jan 20 21:36:44 2005] : (5) Delgain: just buy up to level 2 potions. Healing ones can be had in a temple easily too
[Thu Jan 20 21:36:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: k
[Thu Jan 20 21:36:55 2005] : (1) Farkenella: to the Inn
[Thu Jan 20 21:37:27 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I wouldn't mind keeping the armour, but I won't do anything with the long sword"
[Thu Jan 20 21:37:33 2005] : (1) Farkenella: (to the others)
[Thu Jan 20 21:37:42 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Neither works for me"
[Thu Jan 20 21:38:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I don't need the armour, but I could do with a better sword"
[Thu Jan 20 21:38:29 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "I am happy with the ones I have"
[Thu Jan 20 21:38:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Finduilas, it is yours"
[Thu Jan 20 21:39:03 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Thank you"
[Thu Jan 20 21:39:52 2005] : (5) Delgain: ooc did no-one get my "yes. Which?" ... magical persuasion gag??
[Thu Jan 20 21:40:32 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc nope, lol
[Thu Jan 20 21:40:36 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc Not till just now
[Thu Jan 20 21:40:39 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc Have now.
[Thu Jan 20 21:40:43 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc which - witch
[Thu Jan 20 21:40:44 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc had to read that several times before I got it
[Thu Jan 20 21:41:45 2005] : (5) DM: ooc damn, I'm just too subtle (or actually, it was a crap joke!)
[Thu Jan 20 21:42:08 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc I'm just half asleep
[Thu Jan 20 21:42:33 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc Option B ;)
[Thu Jan 20 21:43:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc magic armour just adds to the armour modifier, yes ?
[Thu Jan 20 21:43:37 2005] : (5) DM: OK, you get to the inn with no trouble, possibly via a temple
[Thu Jan 20 21:43:55 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc Can I buy magic arrows in this town?
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ok, buy 2 CMW
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:30 2005] : (1) Farkenella: 600 GP? I think
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:38 2005] : (5) DM: Yes Findus, +1 are easily obtained
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:46 2005] : (5) DM: +2 will have to be sought out
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:53 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc I'll take some +1 arrows
[Thu Jan 20 21:44:59 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc so will I
[Thu Jan 20 21:45:24 2005] : (5) DM: 600 gp is right
[Thu Jan 20 21:46:25 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc And me
[Thu Jan 20 21:47:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc how much are +1 arrows? I'm lost.
[Thu Jan 20 21:47:33 2005] : (5) DM: 2350 for 50
[Thu Jan 20 21:47:56 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc Wasn't it 40gp per arrow?
[Thu Jan 20 21:47:57 2005] : (5) DM: divide that by the number that you buy
[Thu Jan 20 21:48:01 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc You'd be better of buying a magical bow.
[Thu Jan 20 21:48:16 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc I was thinking about that actually
[Thu Jan 20 21:48:24 2005] : (5) DM: 47 per arrow
[Thu Jan 20 21:49:01 2005] : (5) DM: Yeah, but you can get 10 magical arrows at a low level for 470gp
[Thu Jan 20 21:49:17 2005] : (5) DM: so there's a use for them
[Thu Jan 20 21:49:32 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc unless I'm misremembering the rules...
[Thu Jan 20 21:49:48 2005] : (5) DM: No, it's cheaper in the long run Dave
[Thu Jan 20 21:49:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc s how does it work again, if I sell my armour, do I have to share it with the others
[Thu Jan 20 21:50:03 2005] : (5) DM: I have no idea, it's your rules
[Thu Jan 20 21:51:12 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc alternatively, you could spend a few hours in the Firewine dungeon and have more magical arrows than you know what to do with.
[Thu Jan 20 21:51:26 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella sells her Armour (studded leath. +1) for 1187 GP (half price is it?)
[Thu Jan 20 21:51:28 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc I think you're free to do with your belongings what you want
[Thu Jan 20 21:51:47 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc alternatively, yes, true
[Thu Jan 20 21:52:57 2005] : (5) DM: mwork armour is only 175
[Thu Jan 20 21:53:21 2005] : (5) DM: so it's 1099
[Thu Jan 20 21:53:54 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc ok, buy a +1 composite short bow for 2375 GP
[Thu Jan 20 21:54:20 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc I'm practically skint :(
[Thu Jan 20 21:54:33 2005] : (5) DM: err, and the price of the bow please
[Thu Jan 20 21:55:15 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc well, that's it. MW is 300, bow is 75, +1 is 200
[Thu Jan 20 21:55:20 2005] : (1) Farkenella: oops 2000
[Thu Jan 20 21:55:35 2005] : (5) DM: mwork is 350 isn't it?
[Thu Jan 20 21:55:59 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc 300
[Thu Jan 20 21:56:12 2005] : (1) Farkenella: yes 300
[Thu Jan 20 21:56:15 2005] : (5) DM: ok
[Thu Jan 20 21:56:36 2005] : (1) Farkenella: and now I'm skint
[Thu Jan 20 21:57:06 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc selling my stoopid bow for 187 GP though
[Thu Jan 20 21:57:14 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc well thats ok then
[Thu Jan 20 21:57:14 2005] : (5) DM: ok
[Thu Jan 20 21:57:39 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc and I am done
[Thu Jan 20 21:58:55 2005] : (5) DM: great, as I said, you got to the inn
[Thu Jan 20 21:59:40 2005] : (3) Aspen: "A good days work. Time for the drinking!"
[Thu Jan 20 22:00:01 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Now you're talking"
[Thu Jan 20 22:00:04 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I jest. Do we have a plan or anything?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:00:13 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Just water for me"
[Thu Jan 20 22:00:31 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I think we should investigate the growth and see if we can work out what it's for."
[Thu Jan 20 22:01:07 2005] : (3) Aspen: "It also might be beneficial to investigate the site of the other one."
[Thu Jan 20 22:01:19 2005] : (2) Laucian: "You lot said earlier that you thought the growth could be protecting something, something good?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:01:34 2005] : (5) DM: You are served with drinks as required
[Thu Jan 20 22:02:43 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "We don't really have a plan, no"
[Thu Jan 20 22:03:33 2005] : (2) Laucian: "So havent we recently added to the problem by killing a crystal at the centre of a growth?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:04:03 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "We've no idea, Laucian"
[Thu Jan 20 22:04:15 2005] : (5) DM: Prices here
[Thu Jan 20 22:04:23 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Come on. Let's take a look." (gets up)
[Thu Jan 20 22:04:57 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Look where?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:04:58 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Agreed" Gets up too
[Thu Jan 20 22:05:11 2005] : (2) Laucian: "At what?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:05:13 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc brb
[Thu Jan 20 22:05:16 2005] : (3) Aspen: "What's left of the growth we destroyed."
[Thu Jan 20 22:05:28 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Right"
[Thu Jan 20 22:06:02 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Jan 20 22:07:02 2005] : (2) Laucian: "ok"
[Thu Jan 20 22:07:17 2005] : (2) Laucian: Laucian gets up and follows aspen
[Thu Jan 20 22:07:36 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Not that we destroyed the growth, just the portal and the crystal"
[Thu Jan 20 22:07:53 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc didn't the growth collapse?
[Thu Jan 20 22:08:00 2005] : (5) DM: OK, you going back into the growth?
[Thu Jan 20 22:08:07 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Jan 20 22:08:15 2005] : (5) DM: The centre collapsed
[Thu Jan 20 22:09:19 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen makes his way to the centre. Where the crystal used to be.
[Thu Jan 20 22:10:12 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows
[Thu Jan 20 22:10:15 2005] : (5) DM: OK, it's just as you left it... it's still strong aound the collapsed centre
[Thu Jan 20 22:10:15 2005] : (3) Aspen: What does it look like now?
[Thu Jan 20 22:10:44 2005] : (3) Aspen: What about the crystal?
[Thu Jan 20 22:10:58 2005] : (5) DM: The crystal exploded
[Thu Jan 20 22:11:05 2005] : (5) DM: there are a few odd shards
[Thu Jan 20 22:11:22 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen picks up a fragment of the crystal
[Thu Jan 20 22:11:46 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Laucian, can you make anything of this? It's origin or purpose?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:12:16 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas can hardly bear to look at it
[Thu Jan 20 22:12:42 2005] : (5) DM: It doesn't look like any kind of crystal that you know of
[Thu Jan 20 22:13:21 2005] : (5) DM: Appraise it for features of interest
[Thu Jan 20 22:13:42 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Jan 20 22:13:48 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc Finduilas, and we being pyscic know that? Please describe how you would look to others. e.g., Finduilas looks away and covers her eyes.
[Thu Jan 20 22:13:56 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc what check do i make?
[Thu Jan 20 22:14:16 2005] : (5) DM: appraise
[Thu Jan 20 22:14:23 2005] : (2) Laucian: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Thu Jan 20 22:14:30 2005] : (5) DM: or trade gemstone geezer
[Thu Jan 20 22:14:51 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Finduilas keeps looking at the shard and looking away again
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:09 2005] : (5) DM: Ok, you look at it between you
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella stays close to Aspen, looking at a fragment herself
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:24 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Finduilas, what's wrong? Does the crystal bother you?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:25 2005] : (5) DM: It's very ordered, even at the fracture points it is quite beautiful
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:52 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "It bothers me we killed it"
[Thu Jan 20 22:15:59 2005] : (5) DM: knowledge planes farky and Laucian
[Thu Jan 20 22:16:20 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Can you kill an object?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:16:20 2005] : (3) Aspen: "What? It was alive? It looks like a rock to me."
[Thu Jan 20 22:17:08 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc I don't have it
[Thu Jan 20 22:17:10 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "I know it sounds strange, but that was what it felt like. Like some creature, maybe not even really here, a good creature, died"
[Thu Jan 20 22:17:15 2005] : (5) DM: OK
[Thu Jan 20 22:17:15 2005] : (2) Laucian: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
[Thu Jan 20 22:17:19 2005] : (5) DM: ooh
[Thu Jan 20 22:18:45 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Ah. Well. We didn't know. Still, we must make amends. We have tipped the balance unneccesarily."
[Thu Jan 20 22:19:38 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Indeed, it seems so, although I am not sure I grasp the whole "stone alive" concept."
[Thu Jan 20 22:19:45 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "How do you make amends for killing someone that didn't deserve it?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:19:51 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "A rolling stone?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:19:53 2005] : (2) Laucian: "hmmmm"
[Thu Jan 20 22:20:21 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I think we destroyed a good creature from one of the positive planes of order"
[Thu Jan 20 22:20:31 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Maybe it wasn't the stone that was alive, maybe it was in contact with a creature we killed by destroying the stone"
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:03 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Bags. How can we repair the balance?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:16 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Interesting. Do you know much about these planes? That's our first tangible clue so far in this mess."
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:40 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I think solving the problems in this town will right the balance."
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:46 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I dont know a great deal, maybe there is somewhere in town I could do a little research"
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:55 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Yes, indeed. I have been learning myself about them, but I am still at the beginning. There is so much to know"
[Thu Jan 20 22:21:58 2005] : (3) Aspen: "A more senior druid would understand such things better than me I'm afraid."
[Thu Jan 20 22:22:50 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I'm going to have a look around for anything else."
[Thu Jan 20 22:22:52 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "We need to find a way to right this wrong"
[Thu Jan 20 22:23:22 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen searches the area, moving rocks and things aside and looking for anything different, unusual or unexpected.
[Thu Jan 20 22:23:37 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Berrawyn joins Aspen
[Thu Jan 20 22:23:40 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "What are you looking for Aspen?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:23:50 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella joins
[Thu Jan 20 22:23:55 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Thu Jan 20 22:24:05 2005] : (3) Aspen: "Anything. Something." (turning aside another rock)
[Thu Jan 20 22:24:15 2005] : (3) Aspen: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Jan 20 22:24:23 2005] : (5) DM: There's nothing more than was found last time. Footprints of the ferals and forsaken are all around, as are forsaken corpses.
[Thu Jan 20 22:24:45 2005] : (3) Aspen: What about the portal? Any remains of that?
[Thu Jan 20 22:24:54 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella searches the corpses (unless this has already been done?)
[Thu Jan 20 22:26:11 2005] : (5) DM: The portal was overlaid on the crystal, it disappeared when the connecting piece was removed
[Thu Jan 20 22:26:20 2005] : (3) Aspen: k
[Thu Jan 20 22:26:32 2005] : (5) DM: The feral corpses have nothing
[Thu Jan 20 22:26:36 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen stops looking after a while
[Thu Jan 20 22:27:45 2005] : (5) DM: None of you see anything new
[Thu Jan 20 22:28:01 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Nope, cannot seem to find anything unusual"
[Thu Jan 20 22:28:18 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "nothing here. Might as well go investigate another one"
[Thu Jan 20 22:28:18 2005] : (5) DM: there's a few more pieces of the crystal
[Thu Jan 20 22:28:28 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Is there a decent bookshop in town?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:28:40 2005] : (3) Aspen: (dusting his hands off) "Unless anyone else has any ideas I think we're done here."
[Thu Jan 20 22:30:22 2005] : (1) Farkenella: coughing at the dust I"I agree, let us go"
[Thu Jan 20 22:31:07 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Where to now? The other growth?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:31:34 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I believe Laucian has some reading to do?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:31:54 2005] : (2) Laucian: "If I can find the right book"
[Thu Jan 20 22:32:23 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "The other growth sounds good to me"
[Thu Jan 20 22:32:32 2005] : (5) DM: Are you all going to wait for him to find some information?
[Thu Jan 20 22:33:01 2005] : (2) Laucian: "Well, due to our new friends water elementals I wont be much use in a tight spot, Ill see if I can hunt down some information"
[Thu Jan 20 22:33:13 2005] : (3) Aspen: "It might be wise to investigate with a little more knowledge before hand."
[Thu Jan 20 22:33:19 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Laucian, do you mind if we go and investigate without you?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:33:37 2005] : (2) Laucian: "I dont mind at all, its your choice, I cant tell you what to do"
[Thu Jan 20 22:33:44 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Or could you use a hand with your investigations?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:03 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "You're one of us, you can say whatever you want"
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:06 2005] : (2) Laucian: "All I need is to find somewhere I can get my hands on the right book"
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:12 2005] : (5) DM: You can do a preliminary investigation to dind out how hard you think it will be
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:17 2005] : (5) DM: That will take 1 hour
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:25 2005] : (2) Laucian: will do then
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:47 2005] : (5) DM: gather information check... I assume everyone is helping
[Thu Jan 20 22:34:52 2005] : (2) Laucian: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [16,-1] = (15)
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:00 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:00 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:01 2005] : (3) Aspen: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [2,-1] = (1)
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:13 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [15,0] = (15)
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:17 2005] : (5) DM: it's OK, it's +2 for everyone who helps
[Thu Jan 20 22:35:40 2005] : (3) Aspen: Aspen spends the hours chatting to a farmer about the weather, turnips, squirrels and other pests.
[Thu Jan 20 22:36:06 2005] : (5) DM: OK, in an hour you reckon that you can get the data, but there's a few leads. It will take 15 hours of investigation and study.
[Thu Jan 20 22:36:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: Farkenella stays around Aspen and argues about quirrels being pests
[Thu Jan 20 22:36:43 2005] : (2) Laucian: will do then, but Ill make sure if Im out and about to leave word for gilbert at the inn telling him where i will be
[Thu Jan 20 22:36:45 2005] : (1) Farkenella: *squirrels
[Thu Jan 20 22:37:27 2005] : (5) DM: OK, so is everyone else helping here?
[Thu Jan 20 22:37:41 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Let me help you, Laucian, at least I can hand you the books you want to study"
[Thu Jan 20 22:37:44 2005] : (2) Laucian: the more the merrier it seems
[Thu Jan 20 22:37:48 2005] : (5) DM: Or are you doing other stuff?
[Thu Jan 20 22:37:58 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: "Lets have a book reading party"
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:00 2005] : (3) Aspen: I don't think I'd be useful.
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:12 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I am not sure I would be either"
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:21 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I don't know much about books and things."
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:33 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "Although. Ok, I will help"
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:40 2005] : (5) DM: Are the rest of you waiting though?
[Thu Jan 20 22:38:56 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Jan 20 22:39:48 2005] : (3) Aspen: "I'm going to talk to some more farmers etc. at the market. See if there's anything odd going on outside town."
[Thu Jan 20 22:39:58 2005] : (5) DM: Ok, you research until late, then call it a day. You meet up with Gilbert later.
[Thu Jan 20 22:40:13 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I'll stay here. Pray I don't fall asleep on the books"
[Thu Jan 20 22:40:40 2005] : (5) DM: The next morning you get at it again and it's noonish when you finally have all the pieces.
[Thu Jan 20 22:41:08 2005] : (5) DM: The creature was described in a mbook of the planes compiled by a planar traveller
[Thu Jan 20 22:41:58 2005] : (5) DM: It resides on a plane of order and good. The name of which can't be pronounced (convenient huh?)
[Thu Jan 20 22:42:11 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc very
[Thu Jan 20 22:42:35 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Jan 20 22:42:38 2005] : (5) DM: It actualy has an intelligent presence on the home plane, somewhat like a dryad on your plane
[Thu Jan 20 22:44:23 2005] : (5) DM: The fact that it comes from the positive plane means that because it was captured and held, it was leaking energy into the world. You can only guess that this was harnessed by the creatures that enslaved it, presumably as a smaller growth.
[Thu Jan 20 22:45:04 2005] : (5) DM: OK, research over... It's about 1pm the next day.
[Thu Jan 20 22:45:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc I don't get this
[Thu Jan 20 22:45:49 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc the growths are the enrgy ?
[Thu Jan 20 22:45:53 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc join the club ;)
[Thu Jan 20 22:46:12 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc The byproduct of the energy, I'd say
[Thu Jan 20 22:46:35 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc ok, so far so good. So the enslavement has generated the growths?
[Thu Jan 20 22:46:44 2005] : (5) DM: ooc the growths were being held on this plane against their will. Their power was being tapped for nefarious means... i.e. the portals.
[Thu Jan 20 22:46:53 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc or the creature gave off positive energy due to its origin and that was used for the portals
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:01 2005] : (4) Finduilas: ooc The leaking of energy and growths onto this plane
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:24 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc the growths were just part of the creaure, the energy leaked from the crystal bit
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:39 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc ok, gotcha
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:41 2005] : (5) DM: yup
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:45 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc i think
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:47 2005] : (2) Laucian: ok
[Thu Jan 20 22:47:52 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc makes kinda sense now
[Thu Jan 20 22:49:18 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "So basically, we did wrong in destroying this crystal?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:49:28 2005] : (3) Aspen: "So.... we should try and free the other crystal thing?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:49:39 2005] : (1) Farkenella: "I would say so"
[Thu Jan 20 22:49:53 2005] : (2) Laucian: "If we free them we should also find a way to return it to its home plane"
[Thu Jan 20 22:50:44 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "Isn't it still there? And doesn't the portal lead to that plane?"
[Thu Jan 20 22:51:10 2005] : (2) Laucian: "We destroyed the crystal and the portal, there could be one in every growth"
[Thu Jan 20 22:51:24 2005] : (4) Finduilas: "There probably is"
[Thu Jan 20 22:51:47 2005] : (6) Berrawyn: ooc afk 2 mins
[Thu Jan 20 22:53:25 2005] : (3) Aspen: ooc sleepy...
[Thu Jan 20 22:53:43 2005] : (2) Laucian: ooc last night H nipped out with me and cured gilberts mom, just not needing to go into too much detail on it but you would all know
[Thu Jan 20 22:54:09 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc k
[Thu Jan 20 22:54:26 2005] : (5) DM: ooc gonna finish it soon Dave
[Thu Jan 20 22:54:52 2005] : (5) DM: Call it a day here?
[Thu Jan 20 22:54:57 2005] : (2) Laucian: fine by me
[Thu Jan 20 22:55:20 2005] : (4) Finduilas: OK
[Thu Jan 20 22:55:21 2005] : (1) Farkenella: ooc fine by me too, I am dead also
[Thu Jan 20 22:55:34 2005] : (4) Finduilas: Wimps :P
[Thu Jan 20 22:55:48 2005] : (2) Laucian: lol
[Thu Jan 20 22:55:57 2005] : (5) DM: GAME END