Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 16 December 2004

[Thu Dec 16 19:27:17 2004] : (2) DM: GAME START
[Thu Dec 16 19:27:35 2004] : (2) DM: You have all just killed off the last feral (except Farky(
[Thu Dec 16 19:27:55 2004] : (2) DM: Laucian is in the structure by the portal
[Thu Dec 16 19:28:18 2004] : (2) DM: Unfortunately 3 citizens were gravely injured by the last feral
[Thu Dec 16 19:29:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas tries to get to the wounded
[Thu Dec 16 19:29:47 2004] : (2) DM: 2 of the people are stable, one girl just died
[Thu Dec 16 19:29:57 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Better get back to Laucian. Something else might come through the portal."
[Thu Dec 16 19:30:22 2004] : (2) Woman: "Oh, Oh my daughter!"
[Thu Dec 16 19:30:28 2004] : (2) Woman: "Someone help her!"
[Thu Dec 16 19:30:43 2004] : (2) Woman: The woman tries to get to her
[Thu Dec 16 19:30:46 2004] : (2) Woman: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
[Thu Dec 16 19:31:05 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella runs into the scene
[Thu Dec 16 19:31:05 2004] : (2) Woman: Surprisingly she manages
[Thu Dec 16 19:31:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn avoids the womans eyes and moves to head back to Laucian
[Thu Dec 16 19:31:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "What happened here ! ?!"
[Thu Dec 16 19:32:10 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Ferals"
[Thu Dec 16 19:32:17 2004] : (2) Woman: "OH, she's gone!"
[Thu Dec 16 19:32:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Thu Dec 16 19:32:31 2004] : (2) Woman: The woman starts wailing
[Thu Dec 16 19:33:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let me help you with your daughter as soon as I've helped the wounded here"
[Thu Dec 16 19:33:40 2004] : (2) Woman: "What happened?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:34:05 2004] : (2) Woman: Waaaaaaiiiiil
[Thu Dec 16 19:34:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "A dark creature made it's way into town"
[Thu Dec 16 19:34:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Finduilas: What can I do ???"
[Thu Dec 16 19:34:39 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let's make sure those wounded don't die. Do you have any potions?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:34:41 2004] : (2) Woman: ooc if you type your sentence then press the Italic button, it puts the marks around!
[Thu Dec 16 19:35:00 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Nice!
[Thu Dec 16 19:35:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella tries to make sense of the whole scene
[Thu Dec 16 19:35:20 2004] : (1) Aspen: I make the two injured comfortable and leave it up to the guards or whoever to deal with it.
[Thu Dec 16 19:35:32 2004] : (2) Woman: The woman starts rending her clothes
[Thu Dec 16 19:36:10 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas goes to over to the woman and her daughter
[Thu Dec 16 19:36:23 2004] : (2) DM: reflex save again
[Thu Dec 16 19:36:28 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let me help you bring your girl home"
[Thu Dec 16 19:36:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu Dec 16 19:36:33 2004] : (2) DM: ok
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:07 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas picks the child up
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:16 2004] : (2) DM: While Findus is doing this what are the rest of you up to?
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Farky, follow me. We need to get back to Laucian." (heads back for the growth and Laucian)
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc if you don't tell me what I see, I can't really relate ;)
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella follows Aspen
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:43 2004] : (2) DM: Ah, ok. It's by the fountain
[Thu Dec 16 19:37:49 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn keeps with Aspen, remaining quite quiet
[Thu Dec 16 19:38:09 2004] : (2) DM: There's a few unconscious people and a dead girl in the usual entangle spell
[Thu Dec 16 19:38:22 2004] : (2) DM: MWahahahaha
[Thu Dec 16 19:38:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Stop laughing! Those entangles are terrible ;)
[Thu Dec 16 19:38:49 2004] : (2) DM: They were all mauled by a feral escaping from the gang
[Thu Dec 16 19:39:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn whispers 'Last time I ever use that'
[Thu Dec 16 19:39:16 2004] : (2) DM: So the rest of you headed in?
[Thu Dec 16 19:39:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I think I am, following Aspen anyways
[Thu Dec 16 19:39:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: Yep. Heading back in to the crystal
[Thu Dec 16 19:40:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc how do I use my beautiful marker ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:40:29 2004] : (2) DM: You all making your way back to the portal
[Thu Dec 16 19:40:31 2004] : (2) DM: ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:40:48 2004] : (2) DM: oo r click and send to map
[Thu Dec 16 19:40:56 2004] : You must be either a player or GM to use the miniature Layer
[Thu Dec 16 19:41:03 2004] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1) Aspen...
[Thu Dec 16 19:41:24 2004] : (2) DM: OK, farky, the growth is like a coral type thing in looks
[Thu Dec 16 19:41:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc all on top of Aspen :)
[Thu Dec 16 19:41:43 2004] : (2) DM: You all make it back to the portal room easily enough. laucian is there
[Thu Dec 16 19:42:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I've lost me
[Thu Dec 16 19:42:29 2004] : (1) Aspen: (to Laucian) "All quite here?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:42:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Did someone step on top of you perhaps?
[Thu Dec 16 19:43:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella has her rapier in hand
[Thu Dec 16 19:43:15 2004] : (2) DM: Farky, In the central pillar is a large crystal, and next to it is a glowing portal
[Thu Dec 16 19:43:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I can't leave you five minutes can I ? What's all this confusion ?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:43:36 2004] : (4) Laucian: Has all been quiet since i returned boss?
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:02 2004] : (4) Laucian: "All quiet"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:06 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc the blob in the middle is the central pillar ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:17 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Portal shimmers a tad now n then"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:22 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Good. Any thought on how to deal with this crystal?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:36 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Can we remove it?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:44 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Get an axe?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella gets closer to the crystal
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:54 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Wait"
[Thu Dec 16 19:44:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "What IS this thing ?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:45:01 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc recieving intel
[Thu Dec 16 19:46:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes to prod the crystal with her rapier
[Thu Dec 16 19:46:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Can I touch this ?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:46:18 2004] : (4) Laucian: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 19:48:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: I'm going to take a look at the portal and see if there's an obvious way of disabling it.
[Thu Dec 16 19:48:39 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "What portal" ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:48:42 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Right....."
[Thu Dec 16 19:48:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc are we dispensed from the " " ? now ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:49:20 2004] : (2) DM: ooc no, but sometimes everyone forgets
[Thu Dec 16 19:49:31 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc no. i didn't say that sentence
[Thu Dec 16 19:49:42 2004] : (4) Laucian: "The portal is doing its shimmering but nothing has come back thru. The dwarves were using the hammer that one of us has to hit these insubstantial nails to connect the portal to the crystal"
[Thu Dec 16 19:50:18 2004] : (1) Aspen: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Dec 16 19:50:33 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Maybe if we pulled the nails out it would stop working"
[Thu Dec 16 19:50:34 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc Aspen ok, sorry, read you wrong :)
[Thu Dec 16 19:50:48 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks for the nails
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:07 2004] : (2) DM: There are 3 plates connected
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:14 2004] : (1) Aspen: Apsen stands around looking puzzled.
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:14 2004] : (2) DM: there is a 4th on the floor
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:23 2004] : (4) Laucian: "So lets disconnect them"
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:25 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks very closely a the portal
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:27 2004] : (2) DM: You can't see any nails :D
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:41 2004] : (2) DM: At leat no the ones in the plates
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:44 2004] : (2) DM: least
[Thu Dec 16 19:51:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc ok, peopla, I am lost, is the portal the pillar, or is it a gate type thing in the pillar ?
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:31 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I suggest we disconnect the plates from the portal"
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:38 2004] : (2) DM: The portal is connected to the crystal embedded in the pillar
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:39 2004] : (4) Laucian: "not from the gem"
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:51 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Sounds like a plan. Any ideas how?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:52 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Anyone got a crowbar or something?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:52 2004] : (2) DM: it's got plates connecting it
[Thu Dec 16 19:52:53 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc i meant crystal
[Thu Dec 16 19:53:03 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I have acid"
[Thu Dec 16 19:53:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
[Thu Dec 16 19:53:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I am trying to make sense of all this"
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:06 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas returns
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:13 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I'm not sure using acid is such a good idea. Remember the fumes the alchemist produced."
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:19 2004] : (2) DM: Knowledge the planes anyone?
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:28 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Waht's happening here? Did the dwarves return yet?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:32 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I mean to use acid on the plates"
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:37 2004] : (4) Laucian: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18)
[Thu Dec 16 19:54:37 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Finduilas; what duarves ?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:05 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas looks closely at the portal and the plates
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks alarmed
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: *dwarves eveb
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:25 2004] : (6) Farkenella: even
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:37 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We found dark dwarves here, they sent the ferals through the portal to kill us"
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc or did you mean dwarfs? ;)
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "No sign of them. We are trying to decide what to do with the crystal"
[Thu Dec 16 19:55:48 2004] : (4) Laucian: "The crystal is powering the portal, if we seperate them the portal will fail"
[Thu Dec 16 19:56:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So how do we do that? Break it, burn it or what?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:56:47 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "So that's where they are, Fenialis Ia m sure is around"
[Thu Dec 16 19:56:51 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian ponders
[Thu Dec 16 19:57:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks for a lock of sorts
[Thu Dec 16 19:57:28 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We haven't found him yet, Farkenella, if indeed he is the ranger we're seeking"
[Thu Dec 16 19:57:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "If indeed..."
[Thu Dec 16 19:57:49 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian pours one flask of acid onto one of the plates, near the portal end
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella turns her signet ring round so the signet is inside her palm
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:06 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas stands well back
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:10 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn steps back
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella steps back
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:33 2004] : (2) DM: Fsssssss
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:47 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc I seem to be missing my miniature :(
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:47 2004] : (2) DM: Exactly how strong is the acid?
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:51 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc nice effects
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:57 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 19:58:58 2004] : (4) Laucian: normal shop strength
[Thu Dec 16 19:59:31 2004] : (2) DM: OK, the acis fizzes for a while but it soon drips off the metal plate
[Thu Dec 16 19:59:49 2004] : (4) Laucian: "anyone know a way of curring this metal plate?"
[Thu Dec 16 19:59:53 2004] : (4) Laucian: cutting
[Thu Dec 16 19:59:58 2004] : (2) DM: Th eplate looks shiny and new
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks more closely at the plate
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:15 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I'll be back in a bit. There'll be a hardware store nearby I'm sure." (heads back out)
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:17 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Im kinda out of damaging spells...except a biggy"
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:18 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Can't we just destroy the crystal?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:36 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I dont know"
[Thu Dec 16 20:00:55 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Im not that much of an expert"
[Thu Dec 16 20:01:39 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Have a swing at it, see if you can crack it"
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:14 2004] : (2) DM: Anyone swinging?
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let me take a swing at it"
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:33 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I can hardly swing with a rapier ! ;-)
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Greataxe+1 (base): [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d12+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [3d12+6] -> [10,1,3,6] = (20)
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:52 2004] : (2) DM: WOW
[Thu Dec 16 20:02:58 2004] : (3) Finduilas: :D
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:02 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian steps back when the axe is near
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella trembles under the echo of the blow
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:10 2004] : (2) DM: OK, there's a crack running across the entire crystal
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:19 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: berrawyn covers his ears
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:22 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That seems to work"
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Greataxe+1 (base): [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d12+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:50 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc you'll damage the weapon doing that.
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Why can't I have rolls like that in a fight? ;)
[Thu Dec 16 20:03:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella steps back
[Thu Dec 16 20:04:16 2004] : (2) DM: The weapon clangs off
[Thu Dec 16 20:04:35 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Maybe the shatter spell now?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:04:48 2004] : ** (2) DM looks for notes **
[Thu Dec 16 20:04:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Will that be safe for us?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:04:59 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I dunno"
[Thu Dec 16 20:05:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "The shatter spell ?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:05:17 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Ill trarget the crystal"
[Thu Dec 16 20:05:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let me get out of there first"
[Thu Dec 16 20:05:47 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Well, its the scroll I have so its the last shot I have at it"
[Thu Dec 16 20:06:06 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian nervously watches the evacuation
[Thu Dec 16 20:06:13 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It'd better work then"
[Thu Dec 16 20:06:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Be very careful"
[Thu Dec 16 20:06:51 2004] : (1) Aspen: (returns with a crowbar) "Um. Guys? Wouldn't this be better?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:03 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian moves as far away as possible while still being able to see the crystal, and no more than 30ft"
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:11 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc that was in italics
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:30 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Laucian, wait"
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:32 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Aspen, just in time"
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:51 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella has moved back
[Thu Dec 16 20:07:53 2004] : (4) Laucian: "But how do you get leverage against a portal?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, let's try that first, at least it is cracked now"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:14 2004] : (4) Laucian: "aha, the crystal ends"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:24 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Against the plates?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:33 2004] : (1) Aspen: "That's what I was thinking."
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "The crack, we culd try the crack"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: *could
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:46 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Go for it Aspen"
[Thu Dec 16 20:08:59 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Whos the strongest?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:08 2004] : (2) DM: The crack is visible, but not external
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:16 2004] : (4) Laucian: "I wish I could say me"
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:36 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn looks at Finduilas
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:45 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I could try it"
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:49 2004] : (1) Aspen: Hands the crowbar to Finduilas.
[Thu Dec 16 20:09:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Str 12 here
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:10 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc same as me then
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:10 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc 10 here
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc /me is the weakest 8 !!!
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:23 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:43 2004] : (2) DM: You fail to get leverage
[Thu Dec 16 20:10:52 2004] : (2) DM: anyone helping?
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:03 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Let me help you"
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:10 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc o.O
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:24 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc /me rips a tissue
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:29 2004] : (2) DM: OK, you pry one end that sits abgainst the crystal
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:30 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc thats your back done for :P
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:42 2004] : (2) DM: After that it's easy to get the rest of it off
[Thu Dec 16 20:11:58 2004] : (2) DM: 2 left still
[Thu Dec 16 20:12:02 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian gets ready to run
[Thu Dec 16 20:12:09 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
[Thu Dec 16 20:12:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Dec 16 20:12:28 2004] : (2) DM: Second one comes away
[Thu Dec 16 20:12:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Thu Dec 16 20:13:06 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 20:13:29 2004] : (2) DM: You fail
[Thu Dec 16 20:13:39 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Dec 16 20:13:45 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Dec 16 20:13:58 2004] : (2) DM: I only need a roll from either of you, the other adds +2 to the attempt
[Thu Dec 16 20:14:22 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 20:14:25 2004] : (2) DM: You fail again. this one is near the floor and is harder to get at
[Thu Dec 16 20:14:55 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Str check: [1d20+1] -> [18,1] = (19)
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:02 2004] : (2) DM: That gets it
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc Raarrrrrr
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:17 2004] : (2) DM: Theres a large sucking sound.....
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:31 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas steps back **
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn steps back too
[Thu Dec 16 20:15:47 2004] : (2) DM: A crackling from the crystal, especially across the damaged area...
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:06 2004] : (1) Aspen: (retreats to the east exit)
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:16 2004] : (2) DM: Th eportal shrinks down to a bright shining point
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Wow"
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:26 2004] : (2) DM: then it disappears with a pop
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:27 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:48 2004] : (2) DM: Meanwhile the crystal is starting to cglow more and more
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:56 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Time to leave"
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:57 2004] : (2) DM: ztzztt
[Thu Dec 16 20:16:58 2004] : (2) DM: tzzz
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:00 2004] : (2) DM: tzzz
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:02 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Agreed"
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:04 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian starts running out
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:11 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Run!"
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:14 2004] : (1) Aspen: (runs)
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:17 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn makes like a tree
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:20 2004] : (2) DM: Initiative?
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella runs
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Initiative : [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Initiative Berrawyn: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:35 2004] : (1) Aspen: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:36 2004] : (2) DM: Hmm where were you all?
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:37 2004] : ** (4) Laucian Initiative [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4) **
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Thu Dec 16 20:17:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I was there
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:12 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc thereish
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:14 2004] : (2) DM: Did you all move when it started crackling?
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:15 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc I had backed away a bit
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:31 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc during the glowing i went
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I followed without asking myself
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:45 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc the more and more glowing
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:47 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 20:18:59 2004] : (2) DM: OK, you all backed away enough
[Thu Dec 16 20:19:23 2004] : (2) DM: It bursts with a huge crackle and a spray of shards
[Thu Dec 16 20:19:36 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn covers his eyes
[Thu Dec 16 20:19:45 2004] : (2) DM: The central pillar crumbles and collapses
[Thu Dec 16 20:19:59 2004] : (4) Laucian: Lauian is still running
[Thu Dec 16 20:20:10 2004] : (2) DM: That's it
[Thu Dec 16 20:20:25 2004] : (2) DM: The rest of the structure remains
[Thu Dec 16 20:20:27 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian stops
[Thu Dec 16 20:20:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas looks back at the rubble
[Thu Dec 16 20:20:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: (pauses)
[Thu Dec 16 20:21:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So now we only have a ranger to find, before our 4 o'lock appointment"
[Thu Dec 16 20:21:16 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Cha check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Thu Dec 16 20:21:31 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Do you think this growth is... dead?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:21:47 2004] : (2) DM: You feel a wave of good energy washing over you as the crystal explodes
[Thu Dec 16 20:22:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I would think so, things feel good now"
[Thu Dec 16 20:22:04 2004] : (2) DM: Err, that was to Findus
[Thu Dec 16 20:22:13 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas smiles
[Thu Dec 16 20:22:56 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Lets head back to the surface"
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:30 2004] : (2) DM: Spot checks
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas stops smiling, she looks a bit sad now
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:38 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:41 2004] : (1) Aspen: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Dec 16 20:23:48 2004] : (4) Laucian: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Dec 16 20:24:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc sharp eyes
[Thu Dec 16 20:24:08 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 20:25:51 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen stops and turns before moving to investigate something to the north]
[Thu Dec 16 20:26:21 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Whats up Aspen?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:26:26 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas stops and looks at Aspen
[Thu Dec 16 20:26:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes back on her steps a bit
[Thu Dec 16 20:26:34 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc missing a comma there, lol
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: "There's a body here."
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Where?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:44 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:58 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas goes over to Aspen to check
[Thu Dec 16 20:27:59 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella kneels and starts uncovering the body
[Thu Dec 16 20:28:21 2004] : (2) DM: In the growth, a little way in, there's a body. It's in leather armour. It's about a foot inside the growth
[Thu Dec 16 20:28:44 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella tries to pull the body out
[Thu Dec 16 20:28:51 2004] : (2) DM: With a bit of work you can get it past the growth strands
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:02 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn goes to see what has been found
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:20 2004] : (2) DM: The body is cols and slightly stiff
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:23 2004] : (2) DM: cold
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Farkenella as the body comes out
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:29 2004] : (2) DM: It's an elf
[Thu Dec 16 20:29:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella searches the body feverishly
[Thu Dec 16 20:30:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 20:30:20 2004] : (2) DM: He has a ring with a monogrammed FS on it
[Thu Dec 16 20:30:22 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Take your time, Farkenella"
[Thu Dec 16 20:31:28 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes a closer look at the ring
[Thu Dec 16 20:31:35 2004] : (2) DM: Strapped to his arm is a spiked buckler
[Thu Dec 16 20:31:40 2004] : (6) Farkenella: and keeps on searching
[Thu Dec 16 20:32:06 2004] : (2) DM: in his other stiffened hand is a longsword covered in dried blood
[Thu Dec 16 20:32:40 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "He died fighting"
[Thu Dec 16 20:33:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "FS" Fenialis, it has to be him"
[Thu Dec 16 20:33:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella holds out a key
[Thu Dec 16 20:33:53 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Is this the ranger you sought?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:33:56 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I found this"
[Thu Dec 16 20:34:06 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Berrawyn, I do not know, i do not know him"
[Thu Dec 16 20:34:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "But everything seems to say so"
[Thu Dec 16 20:34:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let's take the body, he deserves to have a decent burial"
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Is there anything interesting about that key, any idea about what lock it would fit?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:13 2004] : (2) DM: He has a backpack with some assorted items. A cloak a belt and some gauntlets
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:38 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn helps carry him out
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella searches through the backpack
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:39 2004] : (2) DM: Trackers care to do a wilderness lore?
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Dec 16 20:35:54 2004] : (1) Aspen: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12)
[Thu Dec 16 20:36:09 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
[Thu Dec 16 20:36:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Thu Dec 16 20:37:08 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella pockets the key and helps the others
[Thu Dec 16 20:37:25 2004] : (6) Farkenella: taking the backpack as well
[Thu Dec 16 20:37:52 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: BErrawyn examines the surrounding area
[Thu Dec 16 20:38:24 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "By the looks of it,I think he died after the battle"
[Thu Dec 16 20:38:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "That would suggest he defeated them at least"
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I guess I will never know him"
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:04 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas helps carrying, keeping a close look on Farkenella
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:06 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "His injuries must've just been too much to survive "
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "He saved me and I was not here for him"
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:22 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian follows the rest
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:34 2004] : (2) DM: As you xcarry him, his arm hangs loos and his sword clangs to the floor
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:39 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "He died while helping others, that's a good death"
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:40 2004] : (2) DM: loose
[Thu Dec 16 20:39:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes the sword
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:09 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Yes, take comfort in that at least"
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:13 2004] : (2) DM: OK you all get outside OK
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks at where the sword fell
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:54 2004] : (2) DM: Listen checks
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:58 2004] : (6) Farkenella: trying not to forget any bit or piece
[Thu Dec 16 20:40:58 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Thu Dec 16 20:41:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Thu Dec 16 20:41:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
[Thu Dec 16 20:41:16 2004] : (1) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu Dec 16 20:42:00 2004] : (4) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Dec 16 20:42:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn stops and takes out his shortsword
[Thu Dec 16 20:42:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks at the buckler
[Thu Dec 16 20:42:42 2004] : (2) DM: It's vibrating in your hand ever so slightly
[Thu Dec 16 20:42:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "What is happening with this?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:43:00 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Its vibrating"
[Thu Dec 16 20:43:01 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Why is it making that sound?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:43:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Look, this is doing it too "
[Thu Dec 16 20:43:40 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn moves over to Farky
[Thu Dec 16 20:43:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas looks at Berrwayn's sword and buckler
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:01 2004] : (2) DM: the noise gets higher pitched as you approach
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Careful"
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:17 2004] : (2) DM: ooc the buckler is on the corpes
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:21 2004] : (2) DM: corpse
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc ok, was goign to ask
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn moves over to the corpse
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:47 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc :P
[Thu Dec 16 20:44:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella looks more closely at the buckler
[Thu Dec 16 20:45:28 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "The inscription on the sword suggested it was part of a set"
[Thu Dec 16 20:45:28 2004] : (2) DM: As you get very close, they both stop
[Thu Dec 16 20:45:41 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Oh. strange"
[Thu Dec 16 20:45:57 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Do you think they want to be together or something?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:46:10 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Lets see"
[Thu Dec 16 20:46:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Where did you get your sword, Berrwayn?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:46:15 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn removes the buckler from the corpse
[Thu Dec 16 20:46:52 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Farky, do you mind if I try this?"
[Thu Dec 16 20:47:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Of course not"
[Thu Dec 16 20:47:52 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Incredible! My sword seems.... lighter, easier to use"
[Thu Dec 16 20:48:39 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So maybe they DO belong together"
[Thu Dec 16 20:49:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Certainly seems that way"
[Thu Dec 16 20:50:40 2004] : (2) DM: OK, so you are all still outside the growh
[Thu Dec 16 20:50:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You'd better try that combination for a while, see if it really is better"
[Thu Dec 16 20:51:06 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn is still flexing with the sword
[Thu Dec 16 20:51:54 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I suppose so. Moe importantly, what should we do with Fenialis' body"
[Thu Dec 16 20:52:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella is racking her brain with where we found this sword
[Thu Dec 16 20:52:19 2004] : (2) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Dec 16 20:52:22 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: brb
[Thu Dec 16 20:52:23 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Either we bring him to the guard or to city hall"
[Thu Dec 16 20:52:39 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella goes to fish in her logs **
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:07 2004] : (2) DM: to be honest, I don't remember, but it's unimportant
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ok
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:22 2004] : (6) Farkenella: good
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:32 2004] : (3) Finduilas: LOL
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:45 2004] : (2) DM: I think he may have left it in the bridge cache
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: the bridge
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:53 2004] : (6) Farkenella: that's it
[Thu Dec 16 20:54:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: the bridge
[Thu Dec 16 20:55:27 2004] : (2) DM: He just never noticed that they were a pair and took the shield
[Thu Dec 16 20:55:51 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Don't remind me of that bridge, that cost me a perfectly good armour and sword :(
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:02 2004] : (2) DM: He did leave a note saying that the next person to open the bridge got at least some payoff
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ok, so it IS him
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: back. sry, cat wanted fed too
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:47 2004] : (2) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Stupid animal ;)
[Thu Dec 16 20:56:59 2004] : (2) DM: ooc You can't know that
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "So it is him, there can be no doubt about that"
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I can't ? wasn't there a handwriting business there ?
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:17 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I believe you are right"
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:19 2004] : (2) DM: ooc although I suppose there were clues
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:32 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It would seem so. I'm so sorry for you, Farkenella"
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:32 2004] : (2) DM: ooc fair enough
[Thu Dec 16 20:57:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc the note was matched against the note I had if I remember well
[Thu Dec 16 20:58:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella suppresses a scream
[Thu Dec 16 20:59:08 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes a closer look at Fenialis' sword
[Thu Dec 16 20:59:15 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc italics :D
[Thu Dec 16 20:59:16 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "This just means we'll have to find another way to get you the answers you need"
[Thu Dec 16 20:59:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Finduilas, this also means that I am going to avenge him"
[Thu Dec 16 21:00:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "They took my family, then, and now they took him"
[Thu Dec 16 21:00:14 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Careful Farky. Dont let them take you too"
[Thu Dec 16 21:00:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "This is now a personal matter"
[Thu Dec 16 21:00:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Just say the word, my friend"
[Thu Dec 16 21:01:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We need to have him burried"
[Thu Dec 16 21:01:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Preferably near a wood"
[Thu Dec 16 21:01:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Do you think Delgain would take care of that ? "
[Thu Dec 16 21:01:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "What do you prepost?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:01:58 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc propose
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And we have to find out what this key opens"
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes a key out of her pockets
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:13 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We should take him outside the city first"
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I'm sure, especially if we give him enough money to make it worth his while"
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes a closer look at the key
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella takes a closer look at Fenialis' sword too
[Thu Dec 16 21:02:59 2004] : (2) DM: The key is a standard key, used in doors
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:00 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc sorry missed the Delgain line :(
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:10 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Time?
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:23 2004] : (2) DM: about 2pm
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:25 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Perhaps he had a room rented somewhere"
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Surely he has a room somewhere"
[Thu Dec 16 21:03:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella smiles
[Thu Dec 16 21:04:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Is it ok with you if we try and ask Degain if he can dispose of the body properly"
[Thu Dec 16 21:04:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And then we go and investigate further on those dwarves"
[Thu Dec 16 21:04:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ?
[Thu Dec 16 21:04:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "The innkeeper at the Lady of the Sea may recognise the key"
[Thu Dec 16 21:04:44 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, we have enough time for that"
[Thu Dec 16 21:05:04 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "But the investigation will have to wait for a couple of hours"
[Thu Dec 16 21:05:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Oh, the meeting hey ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:05:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, the meeting"
[Thu Dec 16 21:05:55 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas smiles at Farkenella
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:11 2004] : (1) Aspen: "This meeting was about asking if we could help the town, right?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:29 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Seem a bit redundant now."
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "More or less"
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:41 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I agree Aspen"
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 21:06:51 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Still, we made the appointment so we should keep it"
[Thu Dec 16 21:07:19 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "If they said No, could we just walk away?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:08:10 2004] : (1) Aspen: "If they say no. We could just undo what we just did."
[Thu Dec 16 21:08:28 2004] : (4) Laucian: "That might be tricky"
[Thu Dec 16 21:08:37 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Restore the crystal, you mean? That would be quite a feat"
[Thu Dec 16 21:08:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Yes it would"
[Thu Dec 16 21:08:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas grins
[Thu Dec 16 21:10:42 2004] : (4) Laucian: "So what do we do?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:11:05 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Deal with the body first"
[Thu Dec 16 21:11:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Quick to Delgain then to Vizier. That's only going to take us 5 minutes really"
[Thu Dec 16 21:11:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We make sure this hero get the burial he deserves"
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:00 2004] : (4) Laucian: "So why are we waiting?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:11 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella starts
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "we're not waiting, we're going"
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:23 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian follows
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:26 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas follows
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Who's waiting?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:38 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows (baaaaa)
[Thu Dec 16 21:12:49 2004] : (1) Aspen: (makes like a sheep)
[Thu Dec 16 21:14:23 2004] : (2) DM: OK, you all make your way with the body to Delgain's
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Delgain hi
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:33 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We found Helvera, or whom I believe is Helveran"
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:35 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Hello?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: *Helveran
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:42 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "He is dead"
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:47 2004] : ** (2) Delgain looks at the corpse **
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:52 2004] : (2) Delgain: ooc oops
[Thu Dec 16 21:15:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have a great favour to ask of you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:08 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Hmm, that would indeed appear to be the ranger in question
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:09 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ""
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "His real name is Fenialis"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "He is very dear to me"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:26 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Fenialis?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:31 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We would really appreciate it if you could help us"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I was wondering if you could take care of his burial"
[Thu Dec 16 21:16:45 2004] : (2) Delgain: "What can I do for you?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:00 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Umm, but I barely knew him"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I will pay"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:10 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "What it takes"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I just want you to take care of that for me"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "For I need to go after those who killed him"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And I have but one request"
[Thu Dec 16 21:17:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "That he be burried by a forest"
[Thu Dec 16 21:18:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Will you do it ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:18:19 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Umm, OK, but I would need an escort out of the city"
[Thu Dec 16 21:18:28 2004] : (2) Delgain: "It's dangerous out there"
[Thu Dec 16 21:18:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Can you hire one ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:18:56 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Just tell us what you need"
[Thu Dec 16 21:19:20 2004] : (2) Delgain: "I can make arrangements"
[Thu Dec 16 21:19:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, name your price"
[Thu Dec 16 21:20:02 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Er? Why don't we do the escorting?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:20:16 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Let's see there's my time, and escort...200gp"
[Thu Dec 16 21:20:39 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We could take you outside tomorrow"
[Thu Dec 16 21:20:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella hands the 200 GP
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, we should be ready here by then"
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:18 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Well, please make your minds up"
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Berrawyn, Finduilas, there's no point looking back
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "He is dead"
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "That won't change"
[Thu Dec 16 21:21:44 2004] : (2) Delgain: "If you are going, do you need me?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:22:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Delgain, if you do this properly, and add a stone to his grave, I will throw in another 100 GP for you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:22:15 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "ok then. pay the man, and we'll leave"
[Thu Dec 16 21:22:17 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We know that, Farkenella, but I was just wondering if you didn't want to escort him yourself"
[Thu Dec 16 21:22:25 2004] : (2) Delgain: Delagin logs the money in a ledger
[Thu Dec 16 21:23:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Delgain, his name was Fenialis Siltersith
[Thu Dec 16 21:23:42 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella writes it in elfic (?) on piece of paper
[Thu Dec 16 21:23:58 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Thank you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:24:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc elfic?? Michael elfic? ;)
[Thu Dec 16 21:24:18 2004] : (2) Delgain: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 21:24:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Dec 16 21:24:49 2004] : (2) Delgain: ooc You leaving the corpes with all his gear?
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:02 2004] : (2) Delgain: ooc except the shield of course
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc That's Farkenella's call
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Delgain, could you keep this for me ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:33 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Farky, perhaps there will be something in his pack that could help us"
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella hands the backpack
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Or can we carry this ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:25:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, we'll take it"
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We're ready to go"
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:08 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "He may have gathered information that would be useful"
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella tuenrs to Delgain
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:28 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "and remember, another 100 GP if aeverything is done correctly"
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:44 2004] : (2) DM: "Certainly madam"
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:52 2004] : (2) DM: daid Delgain
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:54 2004] : (2) DM: said
[Thu Dec 16 21:26:58 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Thank you again"
[Thu Dec 16 21:27:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Let's go"
[Thu Dec 16 21:27:08 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, thank you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:27:49 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas leaves another 50 gp on the counter as she walks out
[Thu Dec 16 21:27:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Oh just one thing, have you ever seen such a key ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:27:58 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn leaves with a nod to Delgain
[Thu Dec 16 21:28:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella shows the key to Delgain
[Thu Dec 16 21:28:19 2004] : (2) Delgain: "It's a doorkey, I've seen lots, surprisingly"
[Thu Dec 16 21:28:42 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Sure, does not remind you of anything in particular ? Any door ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:02 2004] : (2) Delgain: "No madam"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:04 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Do you happen to know where this man stayed while he was in town?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:21 2004] : (2) Delgain: "I'm afraid not"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:37 2004] : (2) Delgain: "But surely if you want to know about keys you go to a locksmith?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:48 2004] : (2) Delgain: "I thought everyone knew that!"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "smart enough"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:56 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc ah. the DM with his cluebat
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:58 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That sounds like a good idea, thank you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:30:59 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, going tfor good now"
[Thu Dec 16 21:31:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Dec 16 21:31:26 2004] : (2) Delgain: ooc I honestly thought it's the first thing you'd do twith it!
[Thu Dec 16 21:31:54 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Give us time, we had a funeral to arrange first :P
[Thu Dec 16 21:31:56 2004] : (2) Delgain: "There's a locksmith just around the corner by the way"
[Thu Dec 16 21:31:59 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc that's why we're not DM's ;-)
[Thu Dec 16 21:32:09 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc thats handy
[Thu Dec 16 21:32:33 2004] : (2) Delgain: "Well, it is for you, save you spending ages looking"
[Thu Dec 16 21:32:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes out the door
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:10 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:15 2004] : (2) DM: If you want to come bac k later you can, but you now know the location of a locksmith
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas leaves
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:39 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian wanders wherever the party goes for now
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:59 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc baaaa
[Thu Dec 16 21:33:59 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Do we have time for the locksmith ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:34:26 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "If we make it a quick visit"
[Thu Dec 16 21:35:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "k, it should be quick"
[Thu Dec 16 21:35:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes round the corner
[Thu Dec 16 21:36:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas walks along with her
[Thu Dec 16 21:36:16 2004] : (2) DM: You find the shop easily enough
[Thu Dec 16 21:36:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Hi there"
[Thu Dec 16 21:36:40 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have a key, and I would like to know if you could help me in finding what it opens"
[Thu Dec 16 21:37:00 2004] : (2) locksmith: "Appraisal costs 1 silver"
[Thu Dec 16 21:37:13 2004] : ** (2) locksmith looks up at you **
[Thu Dec 16 21:37:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella hands the 1 silver
[Thu Dec 16 21:37:40 2004] : (2) locksmith: The locksmith pockets the money and takes the key
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:08 2004] : (2) locksmith: He examines the key thoroughly with an eyeglass
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:22 2004] : (2) locksmith: "Yeah, it's a Smilkins and Follet"
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:33 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella nods
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:43 2004] : (2) locksmith: "You see this groove and the tooth here?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:44 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Interesting"
[Thu Dec 16 21:38:52 2004] : (2) locksmith: "typical of their work"
[Thu Dec 16 21:39:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Sure, what does it open ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:39:27 2004] : (2) locksmith: The ocksmith passes back the key
[Thu Dec 16 21:39:38 2004] : (2) locksmith: "It's a doorkey, by the look of it"
[Thu Dec 16 21:40:15 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Who uses those keys in town ? An inn ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:40:23 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn sighs
[Thu Dec 16 21:40:48 2004] : (2) locksmith: "I've no idea. Perhaps Mssrs Smelkins and Follet could tell you that"
[Thu Dec 16 21:41:27 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And where, pary tell, can we gfind them?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:41:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella sighs
[Thu Dec 16 21:41:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: pray
[Thu Dec 16 21:41:48 2004] : (2) locksmith: The locksmith describes th elocation to you
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:00 2004] : (2) locksmith: "It's a bit to the south"
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK"
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:23 2004] : (2) DM: You don't think it will be hard to find
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc what time ?
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:30 2004] : (2) DM: 14.30
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Thank you, you've been most kind"
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Thank you indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I suppose we have time"
[Thu Dec 16 21:42:55 2004] : (2) locksmith: "Well you paid for my services"
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:00 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas takes Farkenella away before she explodes
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:12 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I am sorry friends, this is taking longer than I thought"
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:30 2004] : (2) locksmith: ooc HMM, it's looking a bit Fed-Ex, but you can't expect everyone to be able to tell you everything
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc no, it's good :)
[Thu Dec 16 21:43:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 21:44:03 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We still have time, if we hurry"
[Thu Dec 16 21:44:28 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, let us go then"
[Thu Dec 16 21:44:32 2004] : (2) DM: It's a short walk to the other locksmith
[Thu Dec 16 21:44:40 2004] : (2) DM: You get there easily enough
[Thu Dec 16 21:44:59 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Hello here"
[Thu Dec 16 21:45:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have a key, and I need to know what it opens"
[Thu Dec 16 21:45:19 2004] : (2) Follett: "Hell there madam"
[Thu Dec 16 21:45:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella hand the key
[Thu Dec 16 21:45:35 2004] : (2) Follett: "Our services are 1gp"
[Thu Dec 16 21:45:56 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas pays
[Thu Dec 16 21:46:05 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Thank you Finduilas"
[Thu Dec 16 21:46:06 2004] : (2) Follett: Follett takes the key and the money
[Thu Dec 16 21:46:42 2004] : (2) Follett: He spends a good few minutes looking, then consults a ledger, then goes out of the room
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:08 2004] : (2) Follett: "Hmm, it belongs to the Cured Leper inn madam"
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Thank you !"
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Great"
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Who thinks of the names of inns in this place? Who's going to go to a pub called the leper? Cured or not."
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Nice name"
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:54 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Thank you so much. Let's go"
[Thu Dec 16 21:47:56 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Aspen, I so agree with you"
[Thu Dec 16 21:48:10 2004] : (2) Follett: "I believe the name is a post-modern joke sir"
[Thu Dec 16 21:48:12 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "well, I suppose you're not going to be dissapointed when you get there"
[Thu Dec 16 21:49:01 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "At least the leper is cured and therefore no longer contagious"
[Thu Dec 16 21:49:31 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, what now ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:49:55 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "are we going for this meeting or not?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:50:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That inn isn't going anywhere, so I suggest we go to cityhall first"
[Thu Dec 16 21:50:18 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Okay."
[Thu Dec 16 21:50:33 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, meeting it is"
[Thu Dec 16 21:51:29 2004] : (2) DM: OK, you all heading over there?
[Thu Dec 16 21:51:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes out the door towards the City Hall
[Thu Dec 16 21:51:40 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It won't take long, our appointment is for a full 5 minutes after all"
[Thu Dec 16 21:51:42 2004] : (4) Laucian: yep
[Thu Dec 16 21:51:46 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Yep
[Thu Dec 16 21:52:27 2004] : (2) DM: "OKnowing that you have over an hour to get there there's no rush. Perhaps you'd like to eat at some point today ;D
[Thu Dec 16 21:52:47 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:06 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I am actually starving, do we have five minutes to grab a bite ?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:09 2004] : (2) DM: So I assumre that you grab a bite from a vendor on the way
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: I think you assume right
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:23 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc resisting urge to make tastless joke about the food at the "Cured Leper Inn".
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:29 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc as long as it not a sausage on a stick!
[Thu Dec 16 21:53:45 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Never resist your urges, repression is bad for you!
[Thu Dec 16 21:54:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc roflmao
[Thu Dec 16 21:54:35 2004] : (2) DM: On the way you pass the Cured Leper, it's where I've marked
[Thu Dec 16 21:54:58 2004] : (2) DM: You make it round with 2o0 minutes to spare
[Thu Dec 16 21:55:01 2004] : (2) DM: 20
[Thu Dec 16 21:55:24 2004] : (2) DM: It's quite a busy day in the city so you have to weave in the crowds
[Thu Dec 16 21:56:05 2004] : (2) DM: So you arrive outside the city hall
[Thu Dec 16 21:56:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella stops on a bench outside the City hall (if we get there without problems) and searches through Fenialis' pack
[Thu Dec 16 21:57:30 2004] : (2) DM: Inside are a couple of flasks and some sundry adventuring gear
[Thu Dec 16 21:58:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc potion type flasks ?
[Thu Dec 16 21:58:07 2004] : (2) DM: yes
[Thu Dec 16 21:59:31 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Anything useful?"
[Thu Dec 16 21:59:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I don't know really"
[Thu Dec 16 22:00:22 2004] : (2) DM: ooc a successful alchemy roll *may* reveal what they are
[Thu Dec 16 22:00:24 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Any clues?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:00:52 2004] : (4) Laucian: "May I have a peek?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:00:59 2004] : (2) DM: one has a skull with a like through it on the label
[Thu Dec 16 22:01:00 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I'd always label potion bottles."
[Thu Dec 16 22:01:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Sure, I know nothing about hose"
[Thu Dec 16 22:01:07 2004] : (2) DM: line
[Thu Dec 16 22:01:07 2004] : (4) Laucian: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Thu Dec 16 22:01:15 2004] : (2) DM: The other has a picture of a bull
[Thu Dec 16 22:02:34 2004] : (4) Laucian: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Thu Dec 16 22:02:39 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I wouldn't recommend drinking the one with a skull on it."
[Thu Dec 16 22:02:46 2004] : (2) DM: ooc yes the second is actually bull's semen. he was taking it to a farmer
[Thu Dec 16 22:02:56 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 22:03:39 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Some sort of poinson cure and bulls strength"
[Thu Dec 16 22:04:08 2004] : (4) Laucian: ooc poison
[Thu Dec 16 22:04:12 2004] : (2) DM: 10 minutes to go
[Thu Dec 16 22:04:20 2004] : (2) DM: ooc not the game BTW
[Thu Dec 16 22:04:34 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc lol, I looked at the clock
[Thu Dec 16 22:04:35 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let's go"
[Thu Dec 16 22:05:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, thank you Laucian"
[Thu Dec 16 22:06:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:06:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:06:32 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:07:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas goes to the appointment clerk
[Thu Dec 16 22:07:43 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:08:04 2004] : (2) Clerk: "Hello, how may I help... Oh, hello again"
[Thu Dec 16 22:08:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Hello, we're here for our 4 o'clock"
[Thu Dec 16 22:08:46 2004] : (2) Clerk: "Err, OK"
[Thu Dec 16 22:08:55 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 22:09:00 2004] : (2) Clerk: "Where was it you were expected?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:09:02 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen plays the the duplo
[Thu Dec 16 22:09:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "At the vizier's"
[Thu Dec 16 22:09:42 2004] : (2) Clerk: "Perhaps you should go there, I'll even direct you"
[Thu Dec 16 22:09:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc bloody administration
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:01 2004] : (2) Clerk: The clerk tells you how to get there
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:11 2004] : (2) DM: It's not hard to find it
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:12 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: "We only have a 10 minute slot. So we'd better get to the point quickly"
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:27 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas arrives at the door
[Thu Dec 16 22:10:49 2004] : (2) DM: It's quite an ornate door
[Thu Dec 16 22:11:19 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Any clerks outside?
[Thu Dec 16 22:11:24 2004] : (2) DM: It has a plaque with the name of the secretary and "Secretary to the Vizier"
[Thu Dec 16 22:11:34 2004] : (2) DM: Nope
[Thu Dec 16 22:11:45 2004] : (2) DM: The name ids...
[Thu Dec 16 22:11:46 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas knocks
[Thu Dec 16 22:12:10 2004] : (2) DM: Kralser Span
[Thu Dec 16 22:12:27 2004] : (2) Secretary: "come"
[Thu Dec 16 22:12:37 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas enters
[Thu Dec 16 22:12:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Good afternoon"
[Thu Dec 16 22:13:14 2004] : (2) Secretary: The secretary is sat behind a large desk, there are quite a few papers on the desk, but it remains quite neat
[Thu Dec 16 22:13:17 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian wanders in
[Thu Dec 16 22:13:29 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Good afternoon"
[Thu Dec 16 22:13:44 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc I never understand how people manage that, my desk always is a mess
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:11 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc ditto
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:23 2004] : (2) Secretary: The Secretary looks at an hourglass
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:25 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc clean desks belong to people who do no work.
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:33 2004] : (2) Secretary: ooc I agree
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We're here for our 4 o'clock appointment"
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:40 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc So do I
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:41 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Now what can I do for you?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:45 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc /me has a clean desk
[Thu Dec 16 22:14:57 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc That proves it then :P
[Thu Dec 16 22:15:01 2004] : (2) Secretary: "I understand that you are here regarding the disappearances"
[Thu Dec 16 22:15:13 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And the strange growths"
[Thu Dec 16 22:15:20 2004] : (2) Secretary: The secretary gives you a quizzical olook
[Thu Dec 16 22:15:30 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Ah, are you indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 22:16:03 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, we are"
[Thu Dec 16 22:16:14 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Well do go on then"
[Thu Dec 16 22:16:19 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas raises her eyebrows
[Thu Dec 16 22:17:13 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Before our appointment we looked into things, first thing this morning"
[Thu Dec 16 22:17:33 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas tells about their actions of the day
[Thu Dec 16 22:17:52 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 22:18:55 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 22:19:09 2004] : (2) Secretary: "So you think you've found the ranger that we retained dead, destroyed one of the growths, been attacked by err.. ahem 'forsaken' and killed a hag. My we have been busy"
[Thu Dec 16 22:19:26 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We have, yes"
[Thu Dec 16 22:19:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas points at her friends and herself
[Thu Dec 16 22:19:53 2004] : (2) Secretary: "I must admit there were reports of a disrurbance in the North-West of the city. A child killed by a beast"
[Thu Dec 16 22:20:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That beast would be that last feral we killed"
[Thu Dec 16 22:20:20 2004] : (2) Secretary: "So what do you wish of me then?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:20:36 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Ah, of course, the 'ferals'"
[Thu Dec 16 22:21:16 2004] : (1) Aspen: (steps forwards) "It serves the town little if the many groups are uncoordinated in their efforts"
[Thu Dec 16 22:21:48 2004] : (2) Secretary: the secretary looks at Aspen
[Thu Dec 16 22:21:56 2004] : (1) Aspen: "A successful conclusion requires that all information be colated and analsyed together."
[Thu Dec 16 22:21:57 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Indeed"
[Thu Dec 16 22:22:03 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Before action can be taken."
[Thu Dec 16 22:22:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I... We propose that our group act as the central point in the efforts."
[Thu Dec 16 22:22:42 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Ah, you speak of the vizier's charge of looking into the growths"
[Thu Dec 16 22:22:43 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Coordinating the guards, gathering intelligence and formulating plans of actions."
[Thu Dec 16 22:22:58 2004] : (2) Secretary: "That sounds reasonable"
[Thu Dec 16 22:23:19 2004] : (2) Secretary: "I'll have plans drawn up and contact you in the morning"
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:01 2004] : (2) Secretary: "You are lodging at the Lady of the Sea are you not?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:09 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, we are"
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:11 2004] : (1) Aspen: "And authority to command the guard to counter any incidents related to this matter."
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:14 2004] : (1) Aspen: "?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:28 2004] : (2) Secretary: "I'm afraid that is out of the question"
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:49 2004] : (2) Secretary: Diplomacy check
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:52 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Hmm. It would be unfortunate for the guard to stumble into our investigations."
[Thu Dec 16 22:24:58 2004] : (1) Aspen: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [18,-1] = (17)
[Thu Dec 16 22:25:12 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Yes, that is true"
[Thu Dec 16 22:25:30 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Perhaps I can come to some arrangement with the captain"
[Thu Dec 16 22:25:43 2004] : (2) Secretary: "He's not the sort of man to like this though"
[Thu Dec 16 22:25:52 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Naturally, things not of convern to the abnormal incidents would remain in the complete control of the guard command structure."
[Thu Dec 16 22:25:55 2004] : (2) Secretary: "We shall see"
[Thu Dec 16 22:26:07 2004] : (2) Secretary: "Now if that is all"
[Thu Dec 16 22:26:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Well, perhaps it would be better frame as cooperation rather than authority. Yes, that would be better I think."
[Thu Dec 16 22:26:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And our interference would be very temporary, we have no interest in taking things over"
[Thu Dec 16 22:26:47 2004] : (1) Aspen: "We will, of course, keep the guard informed of our actions and investigations."
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella nods
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:05 2004] : (2) Secretary: "That may help sweeten things"
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:21 2004] : (2) Secretary: ""Good day to you all"
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And to you"
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:32 2004] : (1) Aspen: Bows and exits.
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:50 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn nods and leaves
[Thu Dec 16 22:27:59 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian leaves
[Thu Dec 16 22:28:03 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas bows and leaves
[Thu Dec 16 22:29:00 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And I thought we were just about done here"
[Thu Dec 16 22:29:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella does the same as everyone else
[Thu Dec 16 22:29:21 2004] : (2) Secretary: ooc there's 2 growths
[Thu Dec 16 22:29:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc 2 left?
[Thu Dec 16 22:30:28 2004] : (2) DM: ooc one on the island in the river
[Thu Dec 16 22:30:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: "There's another growth and we still don't know /why/. Whoever or whatever it is may leave to wreck havoc on another town."
[Thu Dec 16 22:30:56 2004] : (2) DM: ooc I thought I'd told you
[Thu Dec 16 22:31:12 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc probably did, was just checking
[Thu Dec 16 22:31:23 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes, I guess I was just impatient, but for a moment I thought that destroying that first one had ended it"
[Thu Dec 16 22:31:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We still dont know where that portal led"
[Thu Dec 16 22:32:00 2004] : (4) Laucian: "Maybe whoever or whatever is doing this isnt even in the town"
[Thu Dec 16 22:32:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "If we even knew WHY they were doing it"
[Thu Dec 16 22:33:01 2004] : (4) Laucian: "What evidence/facts do we have about whats happening?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:33:10 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Not much really"
[Thu Dec 16 22:33:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Finding Fenialis' stuff might help though"
[Thu Dec 16 22:33:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "True Farky. We should investigate his room"
[Thu Dec 16 22:33:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We have rime enough to check up on that, today"
[Thu Dec 16 22:34:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I suppose we do, let us go"
[Thu Dec 16 22:34:33 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella goes to the Inn with a nice name
[Thu Dec 16 22:34:39 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Lead on"
[Thu Dec 16 22:34:46 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:07 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc I'm gonna put that into a hotkey!
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:14 2004] : (2) DM: That symbol appears on all your character portraits ;)
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:22 2004] : (4) Laucian: Laucian follows
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I think I have done that indeed
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:35 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc what symbol ?
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:46 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc what is it? I forget.
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:52 2004] : (2) DM: umm it's on the map
[Thu Dec 16 22:35:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Berrwayn: where to?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:36:02 2004] : (2) DM: Exhaustion IIRC
[Thu Dec 16 22:36:08 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: lol
[Thu Dec 16 22:36:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Dec 16 22:36:54 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: subtle hint
[Thu Dec 16 22:37:27 2004] : (2) DM: OK you arrive at the cured leper
[Thu Dec 16 22:38:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella enters the inn and glances around
[Thu Dec 16 22:39:12 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Hello there"
[Thu Dec 16 22:39:27 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Welcome to the Curel Leper"
[Thu Dec 16 22:39:44 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Hi there"
[Thu Dec 16 22:39:50 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "The finest establishment for cured meat platter in the city"
[Thu Dec 16 22:39:51 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have bad news"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:03 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Bad news?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "One of your customers has been found dead"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:28 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Umm, would that be the one who's not been back for 3 nights?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:40 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "An elf ?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:47 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Aye"
[Thu Dec 16 22:40:58 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That would be the one, yes"
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We would like to see his room"
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:19 2004] : (2) innkeeper: Ah, How did you know he was staying here?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We have the key"
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:29 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Would you indeed?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella shows the key
[Thu Dec 16 22:41:48 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "And how do I know that you never murdered him and took ihis key?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:42:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Yes, indeed. How would you know ?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:42:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella looks like she's boiling
[Thu Dec 16 22:42:35 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "So I'll take the key and report him missing to the guard"
[Thu Dec 16 22:42:51 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Maybe you would want to talk to the Vizier about it ?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We just came back from his Secretary's"
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:01 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "He is not missing, he is dead and the Vizier knows all about it"
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:11 2004] : (2) innkeeper: Th einnkeeper looks at you like you are mental
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:23 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Me talk to the Vizier"
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:26 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "ha, ha"
[Thu Dec 16 22:43:58 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Well, much as I'm inclined to believe total strnagers..."
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:04 2004] : (2) innkeeper: strangers
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:15 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "I'll just follow the letter of the law"
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Well, of course, we would pay all his bills"
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:29 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "That way I don't get in trouble"
[Thu Dec 16 22:44:58 2004] : (2) innkeeper: The innkeeper looks at you suspiciously
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:10 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Now why would you say that?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:19 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We've just told the vizier's secretary all that happened, do you think he'd let us go free if he didn't trust us?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:23 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:42 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Hmm, word of a total stranger, or the clink..?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:45:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Why ? Because he was a friend of mine, and I don't want you to believe that he was a bad guy"
[Thu Dec 16 22:46:11 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And by the way, you may also talk to Delgain about this"
[Thu Dec 16 22:46:16 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And because I give you my word as a paladin we're telling the truth here"
[Thu Dec 16 22:46:17 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Do you have ANY proof that you just visited the vizier's secretary?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:46:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "He has been taking care of the burial for me"
[Thu Dec 16 22:46:46 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Delgain, why would I listen to him. I don't even hknow him"
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: farkenella sighs
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:16 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "So if you'd be good enough to hand over the key to MY room"
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Certainly not"
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:34 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "I'll just see to it that the guard are brought in."
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:44 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "I beg your pardon?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:47:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We'll go together to the City guard if you wish so, but I am hanging on to that key"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:07 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn sighs
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:08 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "That's fine by me"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:08 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So please do get them, we'll wait here for your return, with the key"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:23 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Not bloody likely"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:38 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Pardon?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "OK, we'll wait outside then"
[Thu Dec 16 22:48:51 2004] : (2) innkeeper: Why don't I stay here, running my business with the key, and you go and fetch him if you have time on your hands"
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Oh you're SO not getting that key"
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:22 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas sits down
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:30 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "Does it take all 5 of you to do that?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:38 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Some wine while I'm waiting would be nice"
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:39 2004] : (2) innkeeper: the innkeeper rolls his eyes
[Thu Dec 16 22:49:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella ponders for a second, looking exasperated
[Thu Dec 16 22:50:21 2004] : (2) innkeeper: the innkeeper gets someone to give you wine
[Thu Dec 16 22:51:18 2004] : (2) innkeeper: The innkeeper ignores you wand serves someone at the bar
[Thu Dec 16 22:51:34 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "You do realis that I have a spare key?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:51:43 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I do"
[Thu Dec 16 22:51:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And that is my problem"
[Thu Dec 16 22:51:51 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So what now? That key isn't ours to keep"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:00 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "It isn't"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Because I can't let you empty that room"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:10 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "I don't trust you"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Or do anything with it for that matter"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:34 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "I suggest that you fetch the guards and lo, you won't"
[Thu Dec 16 22:52:56 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Oh, for crying out loud!! I'll go get them"
[Thu Dec 16 22:53:06 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Berrawyn, thank you"
[Thu Dec 16 22:53:11 2004] : (2) innkeeper: "So, that just makes my argument all the stronger."
[Thu Dec 16 22:53:15 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn gets up and storms out to find the nearest guard who has heard of them
[Thu Dec 16 22:53:35 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc which could be a while since we've only just left the secretary bloke
[Thu Dec 16 22:53:58 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc come on, guards must have heard about us
[Thu Dec 16 22:54:16 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Farkenella, have a drink and calm down. As long as we are here we can make sure that room isn't interfered with"
[Thu Dec 16 22:54:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Farkenella sits and keeps an eye on the innkeeper"
[Thu Dec 16 22:54:28 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc oops, italic
[Thu Dec 16 22:55:52 2004] : (2) innkeeper: ooc 5 minutes until game end
[Thu Dec 16 22:56:23 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Berrawyn grabs the first gaurd who looks sensible
[Thu Dec 16 22:56:28 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc which amounts to how long game time ?
[Thu Dec 16 22:56:53 2004] : (2) innkeeper: ooc whatever happens up until 11pm GMT
[Thu Dec 16 22:57:15 2004] : (2) innkeeper: the inkeeper taps ihis fingers
[Thu Dec 16 22:57:36 2004] : (2) innkeeper: OK, Berrawyn enters with a Guard
[Thu Dec 16 22:57:54 2004] : (2) Guard: "So what's this all about?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:58:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "My friends and I here have fought to rid this town ot the growths"
[Thu Dec 16 22:58:36 2004] : (2) Guard: "Umm, what?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:58:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Finduilas helps Farkenella tell the whole story
[Thu Dec 16 22:58:48 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We have partially succeeded, and in doing so, have encountered the body of a person dear to me"
[Thu Dec 16 22:58:56 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Who happneed to have a room here"
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:09 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "And now we need to search the room of that person to check for any clues he might have left"
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:11 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We believe that more information about what is happening here is in his room"
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:36 2004] : (2) Guard: The guard listens to the Inkeepers worries that you murdered him and took the key
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And this Sir here, with good reason, does not believe us"
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:49 2004] : (2) Guard: "So do you have any proof of this?"
[Thu Dec 16 22:59:55 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Farkenella has considerably cooled down
[Thu Dec 16 23:00:03 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc italic
[Thu Dec 16 23:00:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc didn't we have a paper with the Vizier's appointment ?
[Thu Dec 16 23:00:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Surely you have heard about that monster killing a small child today"
[Thu Dec 16 23:00:46 2004] : (2) Guard: ooc call it a day there
[Thu Dec 16 23:00:49 2004] : (2) Guard: GAME END