Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 25 November 2004

[Thu Nov 25 19:31:54 2004] : (3) Delgain: GAME START
[Thu Nov 25 19:32:22 2004] : (3) Delgain: is ignoring the group and doing things
[Thu Nov 25 19:32:46 2004] : (5) Finduilas: All I can say to you is that we want to help the people in this city and we need your help to do it
[Thu Nov 25 19:32:58 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc BTW can you use the italic button for actions and quote all speech, I'm missing stuff in green too much
[Thu Nov 25 19:33:04 2004] : ** (2) Laucian looks around the shop to see whats there **
[Thu Nov 25 19:33:47 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Is there anything else I can do for you all?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:05 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Yes, you can help us help this town"
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:05 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc Ill have to restart to get the italic button back, got rid of it last week...brb
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:13 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Dont you want to help us?
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:27 2004] : (3) Delgain: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:30 2004] : (2) Laucian: Disconnecting from server...
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:30 2004] : (2) Laucian (exit): 19:34
[Thu Nov 25 19:34:56 2004] : (6) Laucian (enter): 19:34
[Thu Nov 25 19:35:06 2004] : (6) Laucian: is back
[Thu Nov 25 19:35:07 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc is it there?
[Thu Nov 25 19:35:15 2004] : (3) Delgain: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 25 19:35:31 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I'll help any who need it, and those who pay"
[Thu Nov 25 19:36:03 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "We need it and are prepared to pay if we have to"
[Thu Nov 25 19:36:36 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "By the looks of it, this town needs help"
[Thu Nov 25 19:36:38 2004] : (5) Finduilas: jingles her purse
[Thu Nov 25 19:36:40 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Um. Surely you'd be helping the ranger by telling us about him?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:37:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Oops, have to get used to the italics I see
[Thu Nov 25 19:37:08 2004] : (3) Delgain: "What ranger? I told you I know nothing of a ranger"
[Thu Nov 25 19:38:04 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "We know there was a ranger asking questions, but he has gone missing, We want to find him and see if he needs some help"
[Thu Nov 25 19:38:04 2004] : (3) Delgain: is looking a bit red in the face
[Thu Nov 25 19:38:32 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Missing? Oh, I see. Well I suppose it's no harm. You do know my brother"
[Thu Nov 25 19:38:38 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc I dislike the use of italics like that. It makes a partial sentence.
[Thu Nov 25 19:39:04 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Yes, we do"
[Thu Nov 25 19:39:06 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc OK, I'll make it a full sentence
[Thu Nov 25 19:39:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc thanks
[Thu Nov 25 19:40:00 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Surely his trust in us counts for something"
[Thu Nov 25 19:40:15 2004] : (3) Delgain: "OK, he came to me 3 days ago and asked for help. He hasn't been back for 2 days"
[Thu Nov 25 19:40:27 2004] : (3) Delgain: "He brough me this"
[Thu Nov 25 19:40:29 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Were you able to help him?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:41:19 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain shows you a piece of the boneey structure. It has obviously bee hewn from one of the growthe with what looks like considerable effort
[Thu Nov 25 19:41:39 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "May I see that?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:41:49 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Do you know what this is?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:41:51 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Did you analyse it?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:04 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Oooh, thats nice"
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:06 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Well, I have subjected it to a few tests."
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Learn anything useful?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:25 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "And?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:32 2004] : (3) Delgain: "As you can see at the ends, it has a crystalline structure"
[Thu Nov 25 19:42:47 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Aaah"
[Thu Nov 25 19:43:15 2004] : (3) Delgain: "It's totally different to any rocks I've seen, or any bone or shell"
[Thu Nov 25 19:43:16 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Crystalline? It looks just like bone"
[Thu Nov 25 19:43:22 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Hmmmm"
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Do you happen to know where this piece was taken?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:18 2004] : (3) Delgain: "It appears sensitive to sound bursts"
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:27 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen leans to get a closer look.
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:30 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian strokes his chin in thought
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:51 2004] : (6) Laucian: "How does it fare against acids?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:44:53 2004] : (3) Delgain: "They can weaken the crystalline structure"
[Thu Nov 25 19:45:00 2004] : (5) Finduilas: whispers: "Sound"
[Thu Nov 25 19:45:23 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Ah, now there's a question indeed. I haven't tried that"
[Thu Nov 25 19:45:27 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn nods as if he understands all this
[Thu Nov 25 19:45:34 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 19:46:04 2004] : (3) Delgain: "This piece was from the growth just to the west"
[Thu Nov 25 19:46:41 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Near to the wall?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:46:52 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Could you try it in acid now?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:47:22 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "And what about fire?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:47:26 2004] : (1) Aspen: (musing) "I wonder if it might be worth investigation the centre of the growth, see if we can find its seed."
[Thu Nov 25 19:47:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Seed?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:47:49 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I could try. I have tried fire, it did nothing to it"
[Thu Nov 25 19:47:50 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Would it have a seed?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:48:13 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Everything that grows starts from a seed of some sort."
[Thu Nov 25 19:48:20 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Well: it seems to grow, but as for having seeds, I wouldn't know"
[Thu Nov 25 19:48:26 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain gets a small flask from a cupboard
[Thu Nov 25 19:48:33 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Maybe its been magically created?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:49:16 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Perhaps, I'm not sure if it's from this world at all"
[Thu Nov 25 19:49:30 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Why would you say that?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:49:32 2004] : (6) Laucian: "hmmm, planar materials"
[Thu Nov 25 19:49:57 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Ok, shall we try this. It was you idea sir, would you like the honour?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:50:12 2004] : (6) Laucian: "No, you are the expert, carry on"
[Thu Nov 25 19:50:27 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian observes
[Thu Nov 25 19:50:30 2004] : (3) Delgain: "OK, stand back please"
[Thu Nov 25 19:50:47 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain puts on a heavy apron and gloves
[Thu Nov 25 19:50:54 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas stands back
[Thu Nov 25 19:51:01 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: berrawyn backs away
[Thu Nov 25 19:51:03 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian stand well back
[Thu Nov 25 19:51:06 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain pours on the acid.
[Thu Nov 25 19:51:46 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Is this entirely safe?" (taking a step back)
[Thu Nov 25 19:52:05 2004] : (3) DM: As he does so, a thick yellow cloud billows out from the sink where the item is.
[Thu Nov 25 19:52:08 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I wouldn't think so"
[Thu Nov 25 19:52:30 2004] : (3) DM: The cloud billows towards you all... but it's slow enough for you to walk away from
[Thu Nov 25 19:52:47 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian avoids the cloud
[Thu Nov 25 19:52:55 2004] : ** No match found
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:02 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn does likewise
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:09 2004] : (1) Aspen:
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:14 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen walks away dragging Delgain if necesarry
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:19 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain runs to the front of the shop and pulss on a rope that starts a fan in the ceiling. he keep pulling until the gas disperses
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:51 2004] : (1) Aspen: "That was handy. Does that sort of thing happen often?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:53:52 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas is transfixed
[Thu Nov 25 19:54:00 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Well, any effect?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:54:41 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Well, I believe that proves one thing"
[Thu Nov 25 19:54:51 2004] : (3) Delgain: "It is affected by acid"
[Thu Nov 25 19:54:56 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "What?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:05 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Although I'm glad I only poured a small amount on"
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:06 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "But in what way?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:11 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Come see"
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:33 2004] : (3) DM: In the sink, the structure looks visibly thinner
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:48 2004] : (3) DM: It's still fizzing slightly
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:48 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Woohoo"
[Thu Nov 25 19:55:58 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "So that works"
[Thu Nov 25 19:56:09 2004] : (3) DM: "Woohoo?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:56:17 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Woohoo?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:56:40 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "By the look of that cloud we should be careful of using acid"
[Thu Nov 25 19:56:47 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I am focused on acid magic, things may have got a little tricky if acid had no effect"
[Thu Nov 25 19:56:54 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I'm quite certain that that gas was the major component of the Stinking Cloud spell"
[Thu Nov 25 19:57:17 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc brb
[Thu Nov 25 19:57:22 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc Aspen flicks through A-level chemistry textbook.
[Thu Nov 25 19:57:28 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "So if you could use your magic from a distance, and in the open air ... "
[Thu Nov 25 19:58:08 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Not always possible, unfortunately"
[Thu Nov 25 19:58:19 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc back
[Thu Nov 25 19:58:26 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Or possibly something worse, I'm not so sure as I didn't smell it too much"
[Thu Nov 25 19:58:59 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I may not ever need to use my magic on it, but at least I know I can if I must"
[Thu Nov 25 19:59:05 2004] : (1) Aspen: "It might be a good idea to find out what the gas is if that's possible."
[Thu Nov 25 19:59:10 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "But how do we take advantage of it's vulnerability to sound?"
[Thu Nov 25 19:59:40 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I take it that using sound didn't cause any gasses?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:00:01 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Was it the volume or pitch of the sound that caused a reaction?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:00:08 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I can certainly have a try"
[Thu Nov 25 20:00:49 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I'm iuncertain. just sound based spells seemed to weaken it"
[Thu Nov 25 20:01:27 2004] : (3) Delgain: "No gases when I used sound young lady"
[Thu Nov 25 20:01:30 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian quickly scans his spellbook
[Thu Nov 25 20:01:55 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Now all I can tell you is that Halveran was going to investigate the centre of the growth to the West"
[Thu Nov 25 20:02:16 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Aspen, you may have been right then"
[Thu Nov 25 20:02:20 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Then we should head there"
[Thu Nov 25 20:02:45 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Do you know what he was looking for?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:02:53 2004] : (6) Laucian: "hmm, Shatter may work"
[Thu Nov 25 20:03:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Using acid might be dangerous, what if those gasses drift over houses and people"
[Thu Nov 25 20:03:24 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I wonder if that gas burns?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:03:31 2004] : (3) Delgain: "As you sir, he was a man of nature. he came to the same conclusion that you did. there must be a heart or centre to the structures"
[Thu Nov 25 20:03:33 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "It should disperse quickly enough in the open air"
[Thu Nov 25 20:04:14 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I think we should equip ourselves with some acid flasks, just in case"
[Thu Nov 25 20:04:36 2004] : (6) Laucian: "already have some here"
[Thu Nov 25 20:04:53 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I'd rather have a something that emits loud sounds, that seems much safer to me"
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:03 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I'm not sure. It might be better to have a off-key bard with us or something."
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:18 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc heard of one of them called hueney :P
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:19 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I hope you can find him. he was a kind natured fellow"
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:28 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "aren't all bards off key?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:57 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc can I buy acid flasks and CLW potions?
[Thu Nov 25 20:05:57 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 20:06:12 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Is there anything else you can tell us? Do you have any idea how all this started perhaps?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:06:27 2004] : (3) Delgain: "If there's anything you need here, don't forget that this is a magic store"
[Thu Nov 25 20:06:43 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Do you sell scrolls?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:07:07 2004] : (3) Delgain: "I have one or two. What do you require and I'll see if I have it"
[Thu Nov 25 20:07:25 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc DM digs outhis dice
[Thu Nov 25 20:07:29 2004] : (6) Laucian: "something noisy?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:07:36 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "How about a real loud horn?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:08:38 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Let me see... Shatter is all I have here. But it's on a scroll with Glittersust on it too"
[Thu Nov 25 20:08:48 2004] : (3) Delgain: Glitterdust
[Thu Nov 25 20:09:11 2004] : (6) Laucian: "How much?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:09:41 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: I'll take 2 flasks of Acid, and 2 CLW
[Thu Nov 25 20:09:41 2004] : (3) Delgain: ooc hold on...
[Thu Nov 25 20:10:00 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc these italics are confusing me :(
[Thu Nov 25 20:10:43 2004] : (3) Delgain: "250gp for the scroll sir"
[Thu Nov 25 20:10:56 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Ill take it"
[Thu Nov 25 20:11:29 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain takes the money from Berrawyn and gives him the iterms. He also takes Laucians and hands over the scroll
[Thu Nov 25 20:11:31 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian hands over the money
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:11 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I think I'll take 2 potions of cure medium wounds if you have any."
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:13 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:17 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc whoops
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:21 2004] : (3) Delgain: "VCertainly sir"
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:40 2004] : (3) DM: Buy what you want from standard potions
[Thu Nov 25 20:12:46 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn puts an acid and a clw in each belt pouch
[Thu Nov 25 20:13:09 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen counts out 600 gp.
[Thu Nov 25 20:13:43 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas buys 4 flasks of acid
[Thu Nov 25 20:13:45 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn takes 2 more CLW
[Thu Nov 25 20:14:27 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian needs no potions
[Thu Nov 25 20:14:37 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc brb - beers
[Thu Nov 25 20:14:44 2004] : (3) Delgain: "anything else I can do for you all?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:15:25 2004] : (6) Laucian: "not for me"
[Thu Nov 25 20:15:47 2004] : (3) Delgain: "Then I'll wish you all good day"
[Thu Nov 25 20:16:04 2004] : (6) Laucian: "and to you"
[Thu Nov 25 20:16:16 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian leaves the store
[Thu Nov 25 20:16:19 2004] : (3) Delgain: Delgain turns to an old woman who has just entered the shop and starts conversing
[Thu Nov 25 20:16:23 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc back
[Thu Nov 25 20:16:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn packs his potions away and leaves
[Thu Nov 25 20:17:04 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas pays and leaves another 5gp on the counter
[Thu Nov 25 20:17:26 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Let's take a look at this growth then."
[Thu Nov 25 20:17:55 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn consults the ever-so-useful map..... again
[Thu Nov 25 20:17:57 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Are we sure we couldn't find anything to make a lot of noise?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:18:28 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I doubt its the volume that matters"
[Thu Nov 25 20:18:28 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Well, how about you try and sneak up on it? "
[Thu Nov 25 20:19:06 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian follows the man with the map
[Thu Nov 25 20:19:33 2004] : (3) DM: OK gang where are you off to?
[Thu Nov 25 20:19:39 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas follows Berrawyn
[Thu Nov 25 20:19:49 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn heads towards the west wall growth
[Thu Nov 25 20:19:54 2004] : (5) Finduilas: We're going west
[Thu Nov 25 20:20:00 2004] : (1) Aspen: West, To look at the growth and poke at it ineffectually.
[Thu Nov 25 20:20:16 2004] : (3) DM: Canyou mark where you go to
[Thu Nov 25 20:20:39 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian checks out the current weather conditions
[Thu Nov 25 20:22:06 2004] : (3) DM: The weather is overcast, but fairly still
[Thu Nov 25 20:22:22 2004] : (3) DM: Slight breeze from the south
[Thu Nov 25 20:23:12 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Has anyone an magic that could create wind?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:23:29 2004] : (3) DM: OK, the growth look like dead coral would to you folks. White-ish and interconnected.
[Thu Nov 25 20:23:31 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Not me"
[Thu Nov 25 20:23:41 2004] : (3) DM: ooc you folks as in the players
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:01 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen pokes it with his staff
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:13 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas pokes at the growth with her sword
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:26 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian watches the poking
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:29 2004] : (3) DM: I'ts fairly solid.
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:45 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn climbs up a few feet
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:48 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas tries to hew a piece off
[Thu Nov 25 20:24:57 2004] : (6) Laucian: "How about we search the perimeter and see if we can figure out where the ranger entered?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:05 2004] : (3) DM: The bits on the outer edge are slightly thinner than twhat you can see further in
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:08 2004] : (1) Aspen: "A good idea."
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:19 2004] : (3) DM: Attack roll findus
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:29 2004] : ** (4) Berrawyn jumps down **
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:33 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc sorry
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:37 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc force of habit
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:46 2004] : (3) DM: it was quite strong enough to support Berrawyn
[Thu Nov 25 20:25:58 2004] : (3) DM: Small chips come off it
[Thu Nov 25 20:26:14 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I could blast us a small hole but I doubt it would go very deep"
[Thu Nov 25 20:26:30 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas stands back and looks at it
[Thu Nov 25 20:26:39 2004] : (6) Laucian: "or I could level a large area and gas the town to death"
[Thu Nov 25 20:26:44 2004] : (3) DM: Periodically as you skirt the perimeter, there are small alcoves.
[Thu Nov 25 20:26:55 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Lets look around before we start bashing it"
[Thu Nov 25 20:27:26 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Did you see anything up top Berrawyn?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:27:43 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I only went up a few feet"
[Thu Nov 25 20:27:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: "ok"
[Thu Nov 25 20:28:13 2004] : (3) DM: The mound is about 50 feet high in the centre
[Thu Nov 25 20:28:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn examines one of the alcoves
[Thu Nov 25 20:28:50 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas joins the others
[Thu Nov 25 20:29:04 2004] : (3) DM: You moving north or south?
[Thu Nov 25 20:29:16 2004] : (1) Aspen: South
[Thu Nov 25 20:29:17 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: north
[Thu Nov 25 20:29:22 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: lol
[Thu Nov 25 20:29:26 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: south
[Thu Nov 25 20:30:25 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc has anyone ever been attacked near or on these growths?
[Thu Nov 25 20:30:40 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you get to here and notice an entrance that goes deeper
[Thu Nov 25 20:30:41 2004] : (6) Laucian: "has anyone ever been attacked near or on these growths?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:31:08 2004] : (6) Laucian: "hello???"
[Thu Nov 25 20:31:22 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas peers in
[Thu Nov 25 20:31:32 2004] : (3) DM: ooc you asking the others?
[Thu Nov 25 20:31:36 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc yep
[Thu Nov 25 20:31:56 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "You know as much as we do about them"
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:04 2004] : (6) Laucian: "damn"
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:17 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I've never been in this town before yesterday"
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:20 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I hate it when people say that"
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:43 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Shall we enter then?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:56 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian looks to the armoured person
[Thu Nov 25 20:32:56 2004] : (3) DM: It's dingy in the structure
[Thu Nov 25 20:33:00 2004] : (1) Aspen: how tall and wide is it?
[Thu Nov 25 20:33:09 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Just as long as we don't forget our appointment later today, we have to be on time for that"
[Thu Nov 25 20:33:09 2004] : (1) Aspen: the tunnel/entrance I mean
[Thu Nov 25 20:33:12 2004] : (3) DM: Light filters in, but it's very gloomy. Like dusk.
[Thu Nov 25 20:33:45 2004] : (3) DM: the tunnel is about 10 feet wide
[Thu Nov 25 20:34:12 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian stands behind Finduilas
[Thu Nov 25 20:34:29 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn edges forward
[Thu Nov 25 20:34:32 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas walks in, sword ready
[Thu Nov 25 20:34:38 2004] : (3) DM: GAME PAUSE.. phone
[Thu Nov 25 20:34:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: brb then
[Thu Nov 25 20:36:07 2004] : (6) Laucian: back
[Thu Nov 25 20:40:29 2004] : (3) DM: sorry about that, nby brother's girlfried had a baby girl today
[Thu Nov 25 20:40:41 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: aww cool
[Thu Nov 25 20:40:46 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: all ok?
[Thu Nov 25 20:40:57 2004] : (3) DM: Yep. 7lb 15oz
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:06 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: good wieght
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:09 2004] : (3) DM: yeah
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:15 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: guy in work had a duaghter last week
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:15 2004] : (6) Laucian: tidy
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:15 2004] : (3) DM: OK, all here?
[Thu Nov 25 20:41:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: here
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:02 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Ready
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:09 2004] : (3) DM: nby?? girlfried?? jeez my speeling!
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:10 2004] : (6) Laucian: aye
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:12 2004] : (3) DM: lol
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:21 2004] : (3) DM: Dave here?
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:28 2004] : (1) Aspen: yes
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:32 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: no, dave over there
[Thu Nov 25 20:42:32 2004] : (3) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 25 20:43:21 2004] : (3) DM: ok from the bottom of the map area
[Thu Nov 25 20:44:10 2004] : (3) DM: Each square is 5 feet
[Thu Nov 25 20:44:25 2004] : (3) DM: mark your places
[Thu Nov 25 20:45:22 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn draws his sword, just in case
[Thu Nov 25 20:46:20 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian has hands poised for spellcasting
[Thu Nov 25 20:47:09 2004] : (3) DM: The path ahead splits. It's gloomier ahead either way. the left fork appears to be getting wider. the right narrower
[Thu Nov 25 20:47:31 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Hmm...."
[Thu Nov 25 20:47:53 2004] : (1) Aspen: "left looks more promising."
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:14 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Agreed"
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:19 2004] : (6) Laucian: either way look hacked open?
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:24 2004] : (3) DM: nope
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:30 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Any traces of that ranger here?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:35 2004] : (6) Laucian: looks grown this way?
[Thu Nov 25 20:48:49 2004] : (3) DM: knowledge architecture?
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:01 2004] : (6) Laucian: dont think i have that one
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:06 2004] : (6) Laucian: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:09 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:22 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:23 2004] : (3) DM: It doesn't look damaged or hacked
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:37 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Left then?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:49:55 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Why not?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:51:03 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Those passages look like an alleyway and somekind of courtyard or something. The growth still more or less follows the original cityplan"
[Thu Nov 25 20:51:03 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: moves towards the left tunnel
[Thu Nov 25 20:51:24 2004] : (5) Finduilas:
[Thu Nov 25 20:51:37 2004] : (3) DM: There's a small chamber here. the ceiling is about 10 feet high.
[Thu Nov 25 20:51:46 2004] : (5) Finduilas: fFinduilas walks at Berrawyn's side
[Thu Nov 25 20:53:03 2004] : (1) Aspen: What's the blob in the corner?
[Thu Nov 25 20:53:15 2004] : (3) DM: There's a small pile of rubble in the far corner. The growth appears to be growing toward it.
[Thu Nov 25 20:53:31 2004] : (6) Laucian: nothing else visible?
[Thu Nov 25 20:53:45 2004] : (3) DM: just the exits to the north and west
[Thu Nov 25 20:53:47 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas cautiously walks towards it
[Thu Nov 25 20:54:26 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn follows, being even more cautious
[Thu Nov 25 20:54:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: "North leads deeper in. That might be the best way to go next."
[Thu Nov 25 20:54:46 2004] : (3) DM: It's a pile of bricks with some odds and sods in it, You can see a line runnig out of it and some clothes
[Thu Nov 25 20:55:43 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn examines the pile
[Thu Nov 25 20:55:54 2004] : (1) Aspen: What sort of line? A chalk line or a piece of string or something?
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas examines the clothes
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:04 2004] : (3) DM: cord
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:21 2004] : (3) DM: some of them have pegs attached
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:27 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian watches the exits
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:47 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [15,0] = (15)
[Thu Nov 25 20:56:58 2004] : (5) Finduilas: The clothes have pegs attached? Like pegs you use to hang up your washing?
[Thu Nov 25 20:57:08 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Heh. It's just a clothes line."
[Thu Nov 25 20:57:27 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "It looks like it, nothing sinister here at least"
[Thu Nov 25 20:57:43 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Its a bit odd though"
[Thu Nov 25 20:58:00 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "How do you mean?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:58:15 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Probably just someone washing they had hanging out before the place was overrun."
[Thu Nov 25 20:58:42 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Could be. I still think it seems strange"
[Thu Nov 25 20:59:01 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "So, what are the bricks from then?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:59:27 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "From the houses?"
[Thu Nov 25 20:59:31 2004] : (6) Laucian: "the house of whoever was washing something?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:00:27 2004] : (3) DM: listen checks
[Thu Nov 25 21:00:30 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Then where is the rest of the house?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:00:34 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
[Thu Nov 25 21:00:35 2004] : (6) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Nov 25 21:00:43 2004] : (1) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Nov 25 21:01:29 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
[Thu Nov 25 21:01:30 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn holds up his hand to silence everyone
[Thu Nov 25 21:01:51 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn points to the western passage
[Thu Nov 25 21:02:18 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian Peers
[Thu Nov 25 21:02:20 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen slowly turns to the passage.
[Thu Nov 25 21:02:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas turns to look
[Thu Nov 25 21:03:11 2004] : (3) DM: Looking down there?
[Thu Nov 25 21:03:46 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Down where?
[Thu Nov 25 21:03:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn slowly moves towards the west wall
[Thu Nov 25 21:04:27 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas slowly goes over to Berrawyn
[Thu Nov 25 21:04:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: following
[Thu Nov 25 21:04:49 2004] : (1) Aspen: How light it is in here?
[Thu Nov 25 21:05:12 2004] : (3) DM: Quite dark. Like late dusk
[Thu Nov 25 21:05:35 2004] : (3) DM: mark where you've gone to please
[Thu Nov 25 21:07:12 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn edges out towards the passageway to get a look
[Thu Nov 25 21:08:18 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas follows
[Thu Nov 25 21:08:52 2004] : (3) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Nov 25 21:08:58 2004] : (3) DM: phone
[Thu Nov 25 21:09:25 2004] : (6) Laucian: bert...you and H playing leapfrog on that map?
[Thu Nov 25 21:09:27 2004] : (3) DM: my brother
[Thu Nov 25 21:10:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: hey, its not my fault
[Thu Nov 25 21:11:41 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Don't blame me :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:12:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: I always blame the woman :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:14:12 2004] : (5) Finduilas: I know
[Thu Nov 25 21:14:49 2004] : (5) Finduilas: And if there are no women present you'll blame anyone as long as it's not yourself :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:14:58 2004] : (6) Laucian: aye
[Thu Nov 25 21:18:02 2004] : (3) DM: OK folks. sorry again... was my bro that time
[Thu Nov 25 21:18:07 2004] : (3) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 25 21:19:03 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: can I see anything more?
[Thu Nov 25 21:19:31 2004] : (3) DM: the corridor ahead branched left and fright
[Thu Nov 25 21:19:35 2004] : (3) DM: right
[Thu Nov 25 21:19:58 2004] : (3) DM: Elves can still see (and half-elves). it's a bit gloomy for humans
[Thu Nov 25 21:20:14 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc who is the human?
[Thu Nov 25 21:20:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: That's alright I'm just trailing behind.
[Thu Nov 25 21:20:22 2004] : (3) DM: ooc Aspen
[Thu Nov 25 21:20:41 2004] : (3) DM: ooc no lantern?
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:00 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn edges down the north wall to see down to the left
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:03 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc brb
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:11 2004] : (3) DM: You can all hear now... quite clearly that there's someone shouting from the left
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: it appears not.
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:56 2004] : (1) Aspen: (whispering) "I can hardly see a thing. Anyone got a light?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:21:59 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc back
[Thu Nov 25 21:22:23 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Grab a rock and Ill make it glow"
[Thu Nov 25 21:22:28 2004] : (6) Laucian: whispered
[Thu Nov 25 21:23:09 2004] : (1) Aspen: (whispering) "light my staff."
[Thu Nov 25 21:23:24 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn edges to the corner and has a quick look round
[Thu Nov 25 21:23:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian steps over to Aspen, touches his staff and makes it glow (light spell, 1 hour duration)
[Thu Nov 25 21:23:51 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas looks around the other corner
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:09 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: (whispering) theres a partially covered door in the corner
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:09 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc 20ft radius
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:11 2004] : (3) DM: ooc isn't light 1 hr per level?
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:20 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc 10 mins per level
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:28 2004] : (3) DM: ooc oh, ok
[Thu Nov 25 21:24:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: anything up the corridor in the other direction?
[Thu Nov 25 21:25:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: (whispering) Let's take a look
[Thu Nov 25 21:25:50 2004] : (3) weak voice: "For Valkur's sake. Someone hear me!"
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:11 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas goes over to the door
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:11 2004] : (3) DM: Nothing up there. the corridor blocks off
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:17 2004] : ** (4) Berrawyn runs to the door **
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:38 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Hello"
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:42 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian moves forward
[Thu Nov 25 21:26:49 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Help has arrived"
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:01 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Careful. It could be trap."
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:02 2004] : (3) weak voice: Excitedly..."Hello! Is someone there?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:14 2004] : (3) weak voice:
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:22 2004] : (3) weak voice: [Bad dice format] - [cough]
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:28 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Save your strength, we're going to get you out!"
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:28 2004] : (3) weak voice: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:35 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn examines the door to see if it can be freed from the growth
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:41 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc can I find the door?
[Thu Nov 25 21:27:53 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Thu Nov 25 21:28:02 2004] : (3) DM: there are 4 strands of growth over the door
[Thu Nov 25 21:28:18 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas attacks the growth
[Thu Nov 25 21:28:24 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Nov 25 21:28:29 2004] : (3) DM: they'll need to be broken in two places each
[Thu Nov 25 21:29:00 2004] : (3) DM: You hack at it, but it's not even chipped
[Thu Nov 25 21:29:17 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I guess its my turn"
[Thu Nov 25 21:29:18 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Ssshhh. Keep it down. Who knows what else in in here."
[Thu Nov 25 21:29:20 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Hmmm"
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:01 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "There are no truly evil creatures in here, Aspen, I checked"
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:05 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I can try shatter but its gonna be loud, and everyone better get back"
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:25 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "You, in there, get back as far as you can!"
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:37 2004] : (3) weak voice: "OK"
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:45 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn moves back
[Thu Nov 25 21:30:57 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I have only 2 shatters, and one from a scroll so i hope they work really well"
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:06 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas gets back into the alleyway
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:06 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Oh. No evil creatures that's so reasuring when being eaten by a hungry bear or something."
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:17 2004] : (3) DM: ooc ROFL
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:19 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen backs aways around the corner
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:20 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "A bear in town?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:44 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian casts shatter on the doorway
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:48 2004] : (1) Aspen: "True spoken. Not a place you'd normally find natural creatures."
[Thu Nov 25 21:31:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I'm sure you could get ont he good side of a hungry bear"
[Thu Nov 25 21:32:11 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Aspen could get on the good side of any animal"
[Thu Nov 25 21:33:04 2004] : (3) DM: Could you roll damage
[Thu Nov 25 21:33:30 2004] : (6) Laucian: [6d6] -> [4,1,6,6,6,5] = (28)
[Thu Nov 25 21:33:51 2004] : (6) Laucian: DC 19
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:09 2004] : (3) DM: OK, the growths in the targetted area crumble
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:20 2004] : (3) DM: the outside of the door is free
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:31 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Time for the armoured types now"
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:41 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas goes over to try and open the door
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn joins the effort
[Thu Nov 25 21:34:56 2004] : (3) DM: the door opens inwards and won't budge
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:28 2004] : (6) Laucian: Whats the door made of?
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:32 2004] : (3) DM: wood
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:40 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas looks for anything that keeps the door shut
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:45 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Search Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:48 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn chops at the door
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Anyone got an axe?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:35:58 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Got a sword"
[Thu Nov 25 21:36:19 2004] : (6) Laucian: "What type of hinges does it have?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:36:32 2004] : (3) DM: they're not visible
[Thu Nov 25 21:36:42 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc good poit
[Thu Nov 25 21:36:43 2004] : (3) DM: Attack roll berrawyn
[Thu Nov 25 21:36:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc point even
[Thu Nov 25 21:37:15 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Target the area near where hinges would be"
[Thu Nov 25 21:37:31 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Longsword, Weap Focus (base): [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Nov 25 21:37:31 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Longsword, Weap Focus (second): [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Nov 25 21:37:51 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc whats the AC of a door?
[Thu Nov 25 21:38:03 2004] : (5) Finduilas:
[Thu Nov 25 21:38:12 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you chop through the fairly eweak door concentrating on the hinge side
[Thu Nov 25 21:38:12 2004] : (5) Finduilas:
[Thu Nov 25 21:38:43 2004] : (3) DM: You can see that the problem is more of the growth on the inside of the door
[Thu Nov 25 21:39:22 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc wish I had Nerins Sonic Hammer :(
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:09 2004] : (6) Laucian: "I guess its time for the scroll of shatter then"
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:20 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Well, we can use the scroll or risk the acid"
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:32 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas helps Berrawyn breaking the door down
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:37 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Hello in there"
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:38 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Thu Nov 25 21:40:56 2004] : (3) weak voice: "Hello, thankyou for helping us"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:00 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:03 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Who are you?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:04 2004] : (3) weak voice: "We've been here for a week"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:16 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Us? How many of you are there?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:19 2004] : (3) weak voice: "This is my house."
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:44 2004] : (6) Laucian: "How far in from the door does the growth come?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:46 2004] : (1) Aspen: (looking a bit shocked) "How many other people could be trapped in this place, then?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:48 2004] : (3) weak voice: "Myself, and my daughter. My wife *SOB*" ... voice trails off
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "A week? Have you seen or heard anyone else come this way?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:41:56 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:20 2004] : (3) DM: Finduilsa. Your first hit did some damage
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:23 2004] : (6) Laucian: (Whispers) "Definitely cant use the acid, theyd never escape the cloud"
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: "How far in from the door does the growth come?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn joins Findu in attacking
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Longsword, Weap Focus (base): [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Nov 25 21:42:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Longsword, Weap Focus (second): [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Nov 25 21:43:11 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Nov 25 21:43:34 2004] : (3) DM: Your sword bounces off Berrawyn. You have half chopped one strand Findus.
[Thu Nov 25 21:43:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: how many strands are in the way?
[Thu Nov 25 21:43:57 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Nov 25 21:43:59 2004] : (3) DM: There are 5 visible blocking the doorway.
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:10 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc rather than rolling a millions times can't be assume it takes 30 mins or whatever to chop through?
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:19 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:24 2004] : (3) DM: ooc OK
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc lazy git :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:54 2004] : (3) DM: You notice that only your hardest hits seem to do any damage as you chop
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:56 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Spoilsport. I enjoy demolishing things :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:44:58 2004] : (1) Aspen: Through I'm keeping on eye out on the corridor to the east
[Thu Nov 25 21:45:41 2004] : (3) weak voice: "Thank Valkur"
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:03 2004] : (3) weak voice: "the stuff got to our house as we slept"
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:04 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn helps the people out throught the doorway
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:19 2004] : (3) weak voice: "In the morning there was no way out"
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:35 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Did you hear anyone else out here?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:41 2004] : (3) weak voice: the man and his daughter accept the help
[Thu Nov 25 21:46:54 2004] : (3) weak voice: "No, sorry"
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:03 2004] : (3) weak voice: "Please, do you have any food and water?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:07 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Do you have somewhere else to go?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:24 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas gives her waterskin and some rations to the two people
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:40 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Have a drink and something to eat first"
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:41 2004] : (1) Aspen: "First, let's get you out of here."
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:44 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Lets get them out of here"
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:50 2004] : (3) DM: the two of them share the water. the father giving it to his daughter first
[Thu Nov 25 21:47:57 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "and we have that meeting to go to anyway"
[Thu Nov 25 21:48:00 2004] : (3) DM: They thank you after a while
[Thu Nov 25 21:48:18 2004] : (3) weak voice: "How do we get out? It's so dark!"
[Thu Nov 25 21:48:27 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas slips the father 10gp
[Thu Nov 25 21:48:42 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Come with us, we'll get you out safely"
[Thu Nov 25 21:48:47 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Just follow us"
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:03 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you lead them out and they thank you profusely
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:11 2004] : (3) DM: 200xp each
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:16 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc reputation +1?
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:21 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Here follow the light of my staff. It's not far."
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:38 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 21:49:55 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc what time is it?
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:03 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc in game time
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:06 2004] : (3) DM: about 11am
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:16 2004] : (6) Laucian: the appointment is 4pm?
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:21 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Yes
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:30 2004] : (6) Laucian: then lets explore more
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc can you erase our lines and dots/crosses?
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:52 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Its earlier than I thought. We should see what else is down there"
[Thu Nov 25 21:50:56 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Let's first get these good people out safely"
[Thu Nov 25 21:51:05 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc they're already out
[Thu Nov 25 21:51:38 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc just our lines would be good :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:51:41 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Out of the growth
[Thu Nov 25 21:52:09 2004] : (3) DM: ooc that wasn't me. ORPG is so inaccurate when removing them!
[Thu Nov 25 21:52:15 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc yeah, we lead them out
[Thu Nov 25 21:53:23 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you all headed back in?
[Thu Nov 25 21:53:25 2004] : (6) Laucian: "So which way now?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:53:41 2004] : (1) Aspen: "North from that chamber I think."
[Thu Nov 25 21:53:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Im good with that"
[Thu Nov 25 21:53:55 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Yes, we haven't been there yet"
[Thu Nov 25 21:54:22 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "What about the other passage tot he east?"
[Thu Nov 25 21:55:11 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "We can explore that one later"
[Thu Nov 25 21:55:51 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "ok
[Thu Nov 25 21:56:25 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Before we go back in perhaps I should by a lantern...."
[Thu Nov 25 21:56:47 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Use mine"
[Thu Nov 25 21:56:55 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian lends Aspen his lantern
[Thu Nov 25 21:57:31 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Mine is hooded"
[Thu Nov 25 21:57:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Thanks." (lights it)
[Thu Nov 25 21:57:49 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc So is mine :P
[Thu Nov 25 21:59:37 2004] : (1) Aspen: going in then or are with dithering outside?
[Thu Nov 25 21:59:45 2004] : (6) Laucian: I vote for in
[Thu Nov 25 22:00:04 2004] : (5) Finduilas: In
[Thu Nov 25 22:00:33 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc cool
[Thu Nov 25 22:00:50 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc hadn't realised we were deciding whether to go in
[Thu Nov 25 22:01:09 2004] : (3) DM: ooc can you save your miniature nodes
[Thu Nov 25 22:01:27 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc how?
[Thu Nov 25 22:01:51 2004] : (1) Aspen: ooc right click -> to gametree
[Thu Nov 25 22:02:09 2004] : (3) DM: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Thu Nov 25 22:02:13 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc oops
[Thu Nov 25 22:02:27 2004] : (3) DM: ooc you may need to be on the miniature tab
[Thu Nov 25 22:02:52 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc cool
[Thu Nov 25 22:03:56 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you al lheaded back to the chamber?
[Thu Nov 25 22:04:02 2004] : (6) Laucian: yep
[Thu Nov 25 22:04:07 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Yes
[Thu Nov 25 22:04:59 2004] : (3) DM: Up to the notrth the passageway splits off east and west
[Thu Nov 25 22:05:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Left again?"
[Thu Nov 25 22:05:37 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Yes, ok"
[Thu Nov 25 22:06:03 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn but make sure theres nothing visible to the right first
[Thu Nov 25 22:06:08 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc arse
[Thu Nov 25 22:06:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: "You go in front now though."
[Thu Nov 25 22:06:46 2004] : (3) DM: To the right there's a corridor going south
[Thu Nov 25 22:07:00 2004] : (3) DM: to the left the corridor bturns Notrth again
[Thu Nov 25 22:07:06 2004] : (3) DM: North
[Thu Nov 25 22:07:37 2004] : (6) Laucian: I say Notrth, anyone else?
[Thu Nov 25 22:07:55 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "One direction seems as good as the other"
[Thu Nov 25 22:08:10 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas shrugs and follows Berrawyn
[Thu Nov 25 22:08:32 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Where did my miniature go?
[Thu Nov 25 22:08:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc david jumped on top of you
[Thu Nov 25 22:09:05 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 22:09:16 2004] : (3) DM: Listen checks
[Thu Nov 25 22:09:22 2004] : (6) Laucian: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Nov 25 22:09:22 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Thu Nov 25 22:09:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:01 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:10 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Do you hear that hammering sound?"
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:17 2004] : (6) Laucian: "huh?"
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:38 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Over there"
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: (listens carefully) "No..."
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I didnt hear anything"
[Thu Nov 25 22:10:55 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas points at the north passage
[Thu Nov 25 22:11:21 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas looks around the corner
[Thu Nov 25 22:11:38 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn does the same
[Thu Nov 25 22:13:19 2004] : (3) DM: You can see that the cooridor is blocked off ahead, but there's a passageway to the east
[Thu Nov 25 22:14:03 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas goes on
[Thu Nov 25 22:14:26 2004] : (3) DM: OK, you can definitely hear hammering
[Thu Nov 25 22:15:05 2004] : (3) DM: it's coming from the ceast corridor
[Thu Nov 25 22:15:23 2004] : (6) Laucian: "We going up there?"
[Thu Nov 25 22:15:27 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Onwards. But cautiously."
[Thu Nov 25 22:15:31 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I am"
[Thu Nov 25 22:16:02 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas looks around the corner
[Thu Nov 25 22:16:25 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20] -> [16] = (16)
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:00 2004] : (3) DM: As you look around the corner. You can see a dwarf looking right at you in the distance
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:10 2004] : (3) DM: Initiative
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:24 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:24 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Initiative Berrawyn: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:31 2004] : (3) DM: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:36 2004] : ** (6) Laucian Initiative [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4) **
[Thu Nov 25 22:18:41 2004] : (1) Aspen: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Nov 25 22:20:19 2004] : (3) DM: OK the dwarf looking at Findus shout out in a language you don't understand
[Thu Nov 25 22:20:40 2004] : (3) DM: He jumps forwards and disappears from view
[Thu Nov 25 22:21:09 2004] : (3) DM: The second dwarf runs forward
[Thu Nov 25 22:21:17 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas moves forward to get a better view, sword at the ready
[Thu Nov 25 22:21:46 2004] : (3) DM: This is their action
[Thu Nov 25 22:21:51 2004] : (3) DM: We are in a round
[Thu Nov 25 22:22:06 2004] : (3) DM: He throws his hammer at Findus
[Thu Nov 25 22:22:08 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Oops, sorry
[Thu Nov 25 22:22:52 2004] : (3) DM: Hammer throw [1d20 + 7] -> [16,7] = (23) Damage ==> [1d8+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Nov 25 22:23:10 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Berrawyn?
[Thu Nov 25 22:23:15 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Hit?
[Thu Nov 25 22:23:27 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Yes
[Thu Nov 25 22:23:33 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: drop sword and draw bow
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:00 2004] : (3) Dwarf: ok, moving?
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:34 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: take it I cant shoot?
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:35 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Finduilas?
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:50 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Attacking dwarf 2
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:54 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Thu Nov 25 22:24:56 2004] : (3) Dwarf: draw id move equiv unless you have quick draw
[Thu Nov 25 22:25:15 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Moving to attack first?
[Thu Nov 25 22:25:23 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc yeah, you'd think by now i'd know
[Thu Nov 25 22:25:31 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Just far enough to reach him
[Thu Nov 25 22:25:43 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Hit. he doesn't seem to bothered by it
[Thu Nov 25 22:26:02 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Laucian?
[Thu Nov 25 22:26:41 2004] : (6) Laucian: running up the wall and around into the room, staying on wall (slippers of spider climb)
[Thu Nov 25 22:27:11 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc thereish i believe
[Thu Nov 25 22:27:25 2004] : (6) Laucian: near top of wall
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:03 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Ok, bear in mind that the walls etc. are growth. It's not easy to walk on. Concentration check
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:11 2004] : (6) Laucian: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:31 2004] : (3) Dwarf: OK, you pick your way amongst the growths
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:40 2004] : (3) Dwarf: done?
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:43 2004] : (6) Laucian: aye
[Thu Nov 25 22:28:47 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Aspen?
[Thu Nov 25 22:29:32 2004] : (1) Aspen: Casting barkskin. Don't fancy getting sliced and diced again.
[Thu Nov 25 22:29:49 2004] : (3) Dwarf: 'k, moving?
[Thu Nov 25 22:29:50 2004] : (1) Aspen: the moving to the entrance
[Thu Nov 25 22:31:10 2004] : (3) Dwarf: the dwarf waves his hand over his eyes
[Thu Nov 25 22:31:22 2004] : (3) DM: The Room is engulfed in darkness
[Thu Nov 25 22:32:27 2004] : (3) DM: Findus you get an AoO
[Thu Nov 25 22:32:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longsword MW + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Nov 25 22:32:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Critical hit? [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d8+2] -> [8,4,2] = (14)
[Thu Nov 25 22:33:19 2004] : (3) DM: OK , you swing at where you though he was, but don't connect
[Thu Nov 25 22:33:37 2004] : (3) DM: You can hear shouting
[Thu Nov 25 22:33:55 2004] : (3) DM: Berrawyn... there's a big black patch in fromt of you
[Thu Nov 25 22:34:15 2004] : (3) DM: well in front of Aspen
[Thu Nov 25 22:34:25 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc shit. i'm going for blind fight as soon as I can
[Thu Nov 25 22:34:37 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: nothing I can do
[Thu Nov 25 22:34:53 2004] : (3) DM: Staying put?
[Thu Nov 25 22:35:05 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: might as well
[Thu Nov 25 22:35:26 2004] : (3) DM: Finduilas?
[Thu Nov 25 22:36:03 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Staying put
[Thu Nov 25 22:36:30 2004] : (3) DM: Laucian?
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:06 2004] : (6) Laucian: staying right at the top of the wall and moving on, move is 15 while up on wall
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:32 2004] : (6) Laucian: thereish i think
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:37 2004] : (6) Laucian: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:38 2004] : (3) DM: OK
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:44 2004] : (3) DM: YOu can see...
[Thu Nov 25 22:37:47 2004] : (6) Laucian: whats the circle?
[Thu Nov 25 22:38:06 2004] : (3) DM: The darkness area
[Thu Nov 25 22:38:18 2004] : (6) Laucian: the other one, the one there when we first looked in
[Thu Nov 25 22:38:33 2004] : (3) DM: I'm conming to that
[Thu Nov 25 22:38:49 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc ok :)
[Thu Nov 25 22:40:11 2004] : (3) DM: There's a central column of boney growth material. The growth seems to be coming from a large crystal embedded in this. Below the crystal is a glowing area. The dwarf is in front of this.
[Thu Nov 25 22:40:32 2004] : (6) Laucian: is there an east wall to the room? ;)
[Thu Nov 25 22:40:56 2004] : (3) DM: ok ;P
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:01 2004] : (6) Laucian: ta much
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:05 2004] : (3) DM: Done?
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:08 2004] : (6) Laucian: aye
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:12 2004] : (3) DM: Aspen?
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: Move around the north edge I think.
[Thu Nov 25 22:41:55 2004] : (1) Aspen: then attack
[Thu Nov 25 22:42:15 2004] : (1) Aspen: Sling +1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Thu Nov 25 22:42:44 2004] : (3) DM: OK, from the North, you can see the crystal embedded in the growth, but no sign of Laucian or the dwarf
[Thu Nov 25 22:43:07 2004] : (1) Aspen: On. a piller thing? I guess I don't attack then.
[Thu Nov 25 22:44:02 2004] : (3) Dwarf: the dwarf takes a flask from his belt and throws it into the darkness
[Thu Nov 25 22:44:47 2004] : (3) Dwarf: [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
[Thu Nov 25 22:45:59 2004] : (3) Dwarf: [7d6] -> [1,4,6,1,1,3,2] = (18)
[Thu Nov 25 22:46:13 2004] : (3) Dwarf: reflex save findus...
[Thu Nov 25 22:46:26 2004] : (3) Dwarf: ooc although if you have no idea what's going on...?
[Thu Nov 25 22:46:28 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Reflex save: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Thu Nov 25 22:46:46 2004] : (3) Dwarf: 18 damage from a fireball that engulfed you.
[Thu Nov 25 22:46:47 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc Who cares? I failed anyway
[Thu Nov 25 22:47:02 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc you didnt fail, you jumped into it :P
[Thu Nov 25 22:47:18 2004] : (3) Dwarf: The dwarf steps into the portal
[Thu Nov 25 22:47:25 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc :P to you too
[Thu Nov 25 22:47:40 2004] : (3) Dwarf: Berrawyn?
[Thu Nov 25 22:47:52 2004] : (3) Dwarf: berrawyn reflex save
[Thu Nov 25 22:48:00 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
[Thu Nov 25 22:48:04 2004] : (3) Dwarf: 9 damage
[Thu Nov 25 22:48:12 2004] : (3) Dwarf: your turn
[Thu Nov 25 22:48:55 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: run into the dark veering to the right at the slightly memory of what I had seen earlier
[Thu Nov 25 22:49:03 2004] : (3) Dwarf: OK
[Thu Nov 25 22:49:36 2004] : (3) Dwarf: make a dex check
[Thu Nov 25 22:49:53 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Dex check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Nov 25 22:50:08 2004] : (3) DM: You bump into Findus, but don't stumble
[Thu Nov 25 22:50:15 2004] : (3) DM: Finduilas?
[Thu Nov 25 22:50:31 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: ooc he's pinball wizard, it has to be a trick...
[Thu Nov 25 22:50:35 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Going over to where I heard Aspen go
[Thu Nov 25 22:51:08 2004] : (3) DM: You also see the crystal and the growth
[Thu Nov 25 22:51:17 2004] : (3) DM: Aspen?
[Thu Nov 25 22:51:42 2004] : (1) Aspen: Moving around.
[Thu Nov 25 22:52:14 2004] : (1) Aspen: that's it.
[Thu Nov 25 22:52:24 2004] : (3) DM: You see what Laucian saw
[Thu Nov 25 22:52:42 2004] : (3) DM: OK, the dwarves have gone.
[Thu Nov 25 22:53:16 2004] : (3) DM: There's still a portal there. Above that is a large crystal that even the stupidest of you work out is the heart of the growth
[Thu Nov 25 22:53:17 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc brb
[Thu Nov 25 22:53:33 2004] : (5) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 25 22:53:52 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I wonder if we can take that out"
[Thu Nov 25 22:54:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Smash it? This sort of thing looks more like your speciality Laucian"
[Thu Nov 25 22:54:45 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc back
[Thu Nov 25 22:54:46 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas takes out her bow and shoots at it
[Thu Nov 25 22:54:56 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Longbow, composite + WF (base): [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Nov 25 22:55:10 2004] : (6) Laucian: Laucian moves in and inspects the crystal
[Thu Nov 25 22:55:26 2004] : (3) DM: A small chip comes from the crystal.
[Thu Nov 25 22:55:37 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Berrawyn nips off to pick up the sword that he dropped
[Thu Nov 25 22:55:46 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Dont destroy it before we check it out"
[Thu Nov 25 22:56:04 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Someone stand guard on the portal, I dont want any of those midgets interrupting us"
[Thu Nov 25 22:56:34 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I'll do that."
[Thu Nov 25 22:56:40 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas stops shooting and goes over to the protal
[Thu Nov 25 22:57:04 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I'll guard too"
[Thu Nov 25 22:58:04 2004] : ** (6) Laucian casts detect magic and concentrates ages to get a strength of aura reading **
[Thu Nov 25 22:58:07 2004] : (6) Laucian: ooc oops
[Thu Nov 25 22:58:44 2004] : (3) DM: ooc it's OK, I only tend to miss them in lots of speech
[Thu Nov 25 22:59:04 2004] : (6) Laucian: i make a spellcraft check, youll need to read the spell
[Thu Nov 25 22:59:33 2004] : (6) Laucian: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
[Thu Nov 25 23:00:04 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Hey, Berrawyn, I hope those dwarves are fetching reinforcements. It seems a bit daft to have only left 2 on guard here."
[Thu Nov 25 23:00:28 2004] : (6) Laucian: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12)
[Thu Nov 25 23:00:29 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "Maybe they weren't expecting anyone"
[Thu Nov 25 23:00:46 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "They didn't seem to be on guard, they seemed to be working on something"
[Thu Nov 25 23:01:14 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Berrawyn, can you find what they were hammering?"
[Thu Nov 25 23:01:43 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: "I'll have a look about"
[Thu Nov 25 23:01:49 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: Search Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Nov 25 23:01:59 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: take 20?
[Thu Nov 25 23:03:36 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: anything hammery looking?
[Thu Nov 25 23:04:37 2004] : (3) DM: There's a hammer in the darkness
[Thu Nov 25 23:05:21 2004] : (3) DM: The dwarves appear to have been hammering some plates between the portal and the crystal...
[Thu Nov 25 23:06:24 2004] : (6) Laucian: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
[Thu Nov 25 23:07:07 2004] : (6) Laucian: "Finduilas, can you detect any evil on this crystal?"
[Thu Nov 25 23:07:28 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "Let me try"
[Thu Nov 25 23:07:47 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Finduilas concentrates on the crystal
[Thu Nov 25 23:08:21 2004] : (3) DM: While you are all searching...
[Thu Nov 25 23:09:18 2004] : (1) Aspen: I'm guarding the portal not searching/
[Thu Nov 25 23:09:31 2004] : (5) Finduilas: "I can detect nothing, Laucian"
[Thu Nov 25 23:09:47 2004] : (3) DM: OK Aspen, you see the portal rippling
[Thu Nov 25 23:10:12 2004] : (3) DM: You get a surprise attack
[Thu Nov 25 23:10:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Somethings coming out of the portal!"
[Thu Nov 25 23:10:28 2004] : (1) Aspen: Quarterstaff + 1 (base): [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Nov 25 23:10:31 2004] : (3) DM: There's a ripple in the portal and eight familiar creatures storm through
[Thu Nov 25 23:11:11 2004] : (3) DM: And I'm going to leave it there...:D
[Thu Nov 25 23:11:21 2004] : (5) Finduilas: Awww
[Thu Nov 25 23:11:49 2004] : (4) Berrawyn: 8 ferals would take us an hour to kill!
[Thu Nov 25 23:12:33 2004] : (3) DM: GAME END