Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 18 November 2004

[Thu Nov 18 19:38:44 2004] : (9) DM: GAME START
[Thu Nov 18 19:38:58 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn points at Aspen **
[Thu Nov 18 19:39:07 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "You're right. Lets go"
[Thu Nov 18 19:39:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Aspen: "I can't agree with you more, let us move !"
[Thu Nov 18 19:39:31 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Maybe someone should keep an eye on things here?"
[Thu Nov 18 19:40:04 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "No need. Nothing happening"
[Thu Nov 18 19:40:29 2004] : (9) DM: OK, the city hall is the ringed building
[Thu Nov 18 19:40:31 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "If you're sure"
[Thu Nov 18 19:40:40 2004] : (7) Aspen: Off we go then.
[Thu Nov 18 19:40:54 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Right, lead the way"
[Thu Nov 18 19:41:04 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 18 19:41:09 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "We should stick together anyway."
[Thu Nov 18 19:41:10 2004] : (9) DM: The local gurd are in the south-west
[Thu Nov 18 19:41:13 2004] : (9) DM: guard
[Thu Nov 18 19:42:18 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella approaches a guard **
[Thu Nov 18 19:42:21 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc is there suppose to be just and 1/4 of the map visible?
[Thu Nov 18 19:42:45 2004] : (9) DM: ooc as in 1/4 of the city?
[Thu Nov 18 19:42:52 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I've never seen the complete map here, David
[Thu Nov 18 19:43:05 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc I have
[Thu Nov 18 19:43:33 2004] : (9) DM: OK, you can begin to make your way south around the docks
[Thu Nov 18 19:43:46 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok
[Thu Nov 18 19:43:49 2004] : (9) DM: Then through the merchant area
[Thu Nov 18 19:43:58 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc quarter of the city, yes.
[Thu Nov 18 19:44:15 2004] : (9) DM: ooc hmm, that's small
[Thu Nov 18 19:45:22 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc big enough here
[Thu Nov 18 19:45:28 2004] : (9) DM: There's not a huge amount going on this early, but the docks seem to be quite busy
[Thu Nov 18 19:45:31 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc I zoomed in
[Thu Nov 18 19:46:19 2004] : (9) DM: You walk past a garden with a plaque that proclaims it's dedication to Waukeen
[Thu Nov 18 19:46:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The deity of merchants, what else could we expect here?"
[Thu Nov 18 19:47:05 2004] : (9) DM: Your map tells you that the next set of buildings are for the Navy and Marines
[Thu Nov 18 19:47:12 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Still, it's green at least. Unlike the rest of the city."
[Thu Nov 18 19:47:30 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Yes, quite pleasant"
[Thu Nov 18 19:47:33 2004] : (9) DM: Then across the bridge is the area for the militia, guard and army
[Thu Nov 18 19:47:48 2004] : (7) Aspen: "I don't think we need to bother the navy. We need the local guard."
[Thu Nov 18 19:48:13 2004] : (9) DM: ooc not got round to this map yet
[Thu Nov 18 19:48:14 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "The north of the city certainly appears to be less well off"
[Thu Nov 18 19:48:37 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It certainly seems to have more problems than the south"
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc what's this map ?
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:01 2004] : (9) DM: The city gets more wealthy as you walk anti-clockwise around it
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:06 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella is confused **
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:12 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen looks around for the guard HQ and makes his way towards it.
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc The far south east?
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:24 2004] : (9) DM: The gard HQ is visible
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:31 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows Aspen closely **
[Thu Nov 18 19:49:38 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas walks towards it **
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:06 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Ahh, the guard house"
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:17 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen enters it and looks around. Is there a reception or similar?
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:30 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas joins Aspen **
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:33 2004] : (9) DM: There's a desk in the initial atrium
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:38 2004] : (9) DM: It's empty
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:46 2004] : (9) DM: On it is a sign saying...
[Thu Nov 18 19:50:56 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Hello! Anybody here?"
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:06 2004] : (9) DM: "Desk Sargeant hours: 08.00 until 20.00"
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:10 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella still follows **
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:15 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas pounds the desk **
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:21 2004] : (9) DM: There's no-one around
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:28 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc is there a clock?
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:32 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc it is after 0800 right?
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:36 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "HELLOOOO!"
[Thu Nov 18 19:51:56 2004] : (9) DM: It's about 07.00
[Thu Nov 18 19:52:14 2004] : (9) DM: Sunrise was at 05.30
[Thu Nov 18 19:52:35 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Might as well sit down and wait. Shouldn't be too long." (takes a seat)
[Thu Nov 18 19:52:39 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Guards that only work half days? Outrageous!"
[Thu Nov 18 19:52:47 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks for another door **
[Thu Nov 18 19:52:55 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc wtf were we doing up at that time????
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:10 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc raising aspen at dawn.
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:16 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Getting our friend back
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:18 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn wanders outside to look at the gardens **
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:20 2004] : (9) DM: Slightly less than an hour passes, and several people enter the office
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:24 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc oh yes, that was it
[Thu Nov 18 19:53:39 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I was looking for another door, not waiting for an hour, DM
[Thu Nov 18 19:54:08 2004] : (9) DM: One of them unlocks an interior door and lets th eothers into some back rooms
[Thu Nov 18 19:54:29 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas follows the people in **
[Thu Nov 18 19:54:31 2004] : (9) DM: There was a door, but it was locked... well
[Thu Nov 18 19:54:33 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc for a paladin you're dangerously reckless.
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:05 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Excuse me, but what are you doing?"
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:14 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I'm not sure I understand you, David
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:15 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen is waiting for the desk sargent.
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:20 2004] : (9) Sargeant: ooc to findus
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:30 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I'm looking for someone to help us"
[Thu Nov 18 19:55:53 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Well, pleas wait until the desk is open... In the waiting room."
[Thu Nov 18 19:56:02 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn wanders back in **
[Thu Nov 18 19:56:05 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant points to the room Aspen is sitting in **
[Thu Nov 18 19:56:15 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella taps her foot **
[Thu Nov 18 19:56:28 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks at the sergeant, turns and goes back **
[Thu Nov 18 19:56:29 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn heads into the waiting room **
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:09 2004] : (9) DM: after a short while he reappears in the waiting room
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:21 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Well, can I help you?"
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:25 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen gets up and approaches."
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:31 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Hello there."
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:36 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Hello sir"
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:49 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant sits at his desk and takes out a notebook **
[Thu Nov 18 19:57:53 2004] : (7) Aspen: "We have some important matters to discuss and perhaps assistance to offer."
[Thu Nov 18 19:58:05 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Ah?, please, do go on"
[Thu Nov 18 19:58:14 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn joins aspen by the desk **
[Thu Nov 18 19:58:20 2004] : (7) Aspen: "There is something not right in this city. Nature feels out of balance somehow."
[Thu Nov 18 19:58:52 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks at Aspen and sighs, softly **
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:22 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Yess, sir, we've noticed"
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:34 2004] : (7) Aspen: "well, (taking a seat by the desk), we attacked and defeated some sort of hag who was lurking here in the city and attacking and killing residents. This was last night."
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:42 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Those odd boney things are a right bgive away"
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:49 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:51 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella stands by Aspen **
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:55 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Exactly."
[Thu Nov 18 19:59:56 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "A hag you say?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:10 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "In the city?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:20 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant takes notes **
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:23 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Yes, a hag, with somekind of shapeshifting capabilities"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:24 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Yes, but thankfully, not any more"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:34 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Could you describe events"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:34 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Or so we hope"
[Thu Nov 18 20:00:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Even though it cost one of us his life, temporarily"
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:03 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant raises an eyebrow **
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:10 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Temporarily miss?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:33 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We managed, with the help of his gods, to get him back"
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:38 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas smiles at Aspen **
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:43 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Long story, no time"
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:49 2004] : (7) Aspen: "We were in the inn near the west gate in the evening, I'm sorry I forget the exact time,..."
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:53 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "The question is..what do you know about these events"
[Thu Nov 18 20:01:55 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "But raising the dead is for the likes of royalty"
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:02 2004] : (7) Aspen: (summarizes events)
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:06 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant looks at shiny armour and weapons **
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And if you don't know anything, who could help us find out about them ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:13 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "OK, I see"
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:13 2004] : ** (7) Aspen looks a bit embarassed. **
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:40 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Hmm, we have had some disappearances however"
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:47 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "What kind ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:02:56 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Six in all, including 2 reported last night"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Who" ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:07 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "If you examine the spot you will find their remains"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:11 2004] : (7) Aspen: "I believe you'll find their bodies in the lair of the hag. Just north of the inn."
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:16 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "All in the poor district"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:34 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Hold on a second"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:39 2004] : ** (9) Sargeant leaves th eroom **
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:51 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella quickly examines the desk **
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:51 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Where did he go to now?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:03:52 2004] : (9) DM: A short while later he returns
[Thu Nov 18 20:04:36 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "OK, I've spoken with the guard from that area, and your story checks out. Only he says some locals claim to have killed the hag"
[Thu Nov 18 20:04:51 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "That figures"
[Thu Nov 18 20:05:08 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "How do they claim they did it?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:05:20 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "To be honest, whilst I don't know much about hags, I know about vagabonds..."
[Thu Nov 18 20:05:40 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Meaning?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:05:56 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Listen, does it really matter who killed the hag ? Us or some other blatant liars who say they did ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:03 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We've come here to help"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:07 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "They'll claim anything if there's a reward in it"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But we need to know more to know where to start investigating"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "There is a reward ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:42 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks genuinely astonished **
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:42 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Just start by believing us then. Or do you claim a paladin of Pelor would lie?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:46 2004] : (4) Farkenella: (for once)
[Thu Nov 18 20:06:53 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:04 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "We came here because we are concerned for the state of this city and its citizens, not for a reward"
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:04 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "I believe that the vizier set one two nights ago. It seems his nephew was one of those who disappeared"
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:16 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc vizier ?
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:31 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Was there ever an investigation started by the guard?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:46 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I'm afraid his nephew is dead.His remains will most likely be found in the Hag's den"
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:47 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc suddenly transfered to arabia have we?
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:48 2004] : (9) Sargeant: diplomacy roll Findus
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:49 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Adviser to the monarch
[Thu Nov 18 20:07:57 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc thought so, but was wondering lol
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:10 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Pardon me madam, I was not implying that people in such finery as yourselves were vagabonds"
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:28 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I never believed you were"
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank Waukeen then"
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:34 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "I was referring to the riff raff who claim to have done the deeds that you did"
[Thu Nov 18 20:08:35 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas smiles at the sergeant **
[Thu Nov 18 20:09:13 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Anyway, there is a reward posted in the city hall"
[Thu Nov 18 20:09:22 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "To tell you the truth, although we would not turn down a reward, this was not our main goal coming here"
[Thu Nov 18 20:09:40 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "As I said I have nlittle knowledge of hags..."
[Thu Nov 18 20:09:47 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Information is what we are after"
[Thu Nov 18 20:09:55 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Any pattern in the disappearances ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:10:04 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "But I can't see how it is related to the issues with the growth"
[Thu Nov 18 20:10:10 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "All I know myself is that they are deadly and hard to kill"
[Thu Nov 18 20:10:27 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Tell us about the growth"
[Thu Nov 18 20:10:42 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Well, all those that we know about were seen in dubious company in the residential district"
[Thu Nov 18 20:11:00 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "ok, thank you, what about the growth ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:11:18 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "The growth started about two weeks ago"
[Thu Nov 18 20:11:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Wait, what dubious company ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:11:45 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Perhaps we should seek out someone with arcane knowledge who might know of the growth's origin."
[Thu Nov 18 20:11:52 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "It seems to dissolve the local buildings and cgrow bigger as it does so"
[Thu Nov 18 20:12:06 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Like a big plant, but made of stony stuff"
[Thu Nov 18 20:12:14 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "So it's destroying the cith bit by bit? How awful!"
[Thu Nov 18 20:12:21 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Perhaps"
[Thu Nov 18 20:12:38 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "I believe that there are sveral independant growths"
[Thu Nov 18 20:13:03 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Do they spread or do new growths just appear?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:13:19 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "After whole streets were being consumed, the army sent in a few units of men into the one by the West wall"
[Thu Nov 18 20:13:35 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "What happened?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:13:37 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "None returned unfortunately"
[Thu Nov 18 20:13:57 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks shocked **
[Thu Nov 18 20:14:14 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "And noone knows anything about them?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:15:07 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "No-one that I know of"
[Thu Nov 18 20:15:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Wait, what dubious company ?, they were seen with the same people before they disappeared ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:15:27 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "As you say, perhaps someone with arcane knowledge..."
[Thu Nov 18 20:16:16 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "The places they went in... they weren't reknowned for containing ladies of virtue"
[Thu Nov 18 20:16:20 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Maybe that Laucian fellow might know something."
[Thu Nov 18 20:16:25 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "But everyone needs an outlet"
[Thu Nov 18 20:16:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I have to agree with you there"
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:05 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Where did Laucian go anyway?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:08 2004] : (9) Sargeant: ooc you know of someone else in the city with arcane knowledge... and you have something for him!
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Where is Laucian anyway ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:23 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Who?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc we do ? now, /me turns to Finduilas who carries all the weird stuff
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:44 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "A man we met recently, he helped us defeat the hag"
[Thu Nov 18 20:17:58 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Oh, I see"
[Thu Nov 18 20:18:39 2004] : (9) DM: Zachary only reminded you two days ago in game time... His brother
[Thu Nov 18 20:18:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Gresham
[Thu Nov 18 20:19:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: It must be Gresham
[Thu Nov 18 20:19:21 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc No, the apothecary's brother, we have some potions of tears for him
[Thu Nov 18 20:19:27 2004] : (9) DM: It's not him, it's Zach's brother. gresham was a cleric
[Thu Nov 18 20:19:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc oh ok
[Thu Nov 18 20:19:48 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Unless you have any any further information sargeant...?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:12 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Umm, you said you could help us?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:22 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "In what way?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:34 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We hope we may be able to be of assistance to the city, yes"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:38 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, we shall gather some information and then investigate these growths"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:48 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It's our job to help people"
[Thu Nov 18 20:20:58 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Investigating the boney growths seems like a good place to start."
[Thu Nov 18 20:21:25 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "Ah, excellent. Perhaps you can find out more at the city hall. There's a substantial reward there for ridding the city of this"
[Thu Nov 18 20:21:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We will do whatever we can, sargeant"
[Thu Nov 18 20:21:51 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "We shall head there forthwith"
[Thu Nov 18 20:22:01 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc forthwith? LOL
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:03 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc :P
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:11 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen leaves... forthwith.
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:20 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas follows **
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:31 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:42 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc /me kicks the crap out of everyone, forthwith
[Thu Nov 18 20:23:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:09 2004] : (9) Sargeant: "gOODBYE, AND GOOD LUCK"
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:18 2004] : (9) DM: ooc hmm, caps!
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:23 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn waves **
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:28 2004] : (7) Aspen: "On to Gresham then?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:30 2004] : (9) DM: OK, the city hall is marked on your map too
[Thu Nov 18 20:24:43 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Or the city hall?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:25:03 2004] : (9) DM: "you'll have to finds Zach's brother if you want him"
[Thu Nov 18 20:25:11 2004] : (9) DM: umm, quotes?
[Thu Nov 18 20:25:12 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Not Gresham, but Zachary's brother
[Thu Nov 18 20:25:37 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Let's go to the city hall first and deliver the potions right after that"
[Thu Nov 18 20:25:55 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc town hall should be able to tell us where he is
[Thu Nov 18 20:26:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "The town hall, I am curious to see the reward"
[Thu Nov 18 20:27:15 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn consults the map for the best route **
[Thu Nov 18 20:27:27 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The town hall it is then, Farkenella"
[Thu Nov 18 20:28:03 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella goes to the City Hall **
[Thu Nov 18 20:28:04 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Tsk. The reward will be correcting the natural balance in this city."
[Thu Nov 18 20:28:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Aspen: "Sorry to say that your "resurrection" actually cost us quite a bit
[Thu Nov 18 20:29:19 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Doing good is a reward in itself, yes, but we do need money, Aspen"
[Thu Nov 18 20:29:47 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Not that we resent it. But we would not be able to do it again with substantial funds"
[Thu Nov 18 20:29:47 2004] : (9) DM: You wander past another garden...
[Thu Nov 18 20:29:48 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Well, if you lack money I have plenty to spare."
[Thu Nov 18 20:30:16 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It'
[Thu Nov 18 20:30:23 2004] : (9) DM: This time it's dedicated to Valkur, tha patron deity of the city... (Know religion for more info)
[Thu Nov 18 20:30:59 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It's not that we lack money at the moment, but we need to be practical if we want to go on to help"
[Thu Nov 18 20:31:07 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Nov 18 20:31:14 2004] : (9) DM: Then you pass the guild of merchants, a large building opposite the docks
[Thu Nov 18 20:32:04 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It would be a shame to let this beautiful city be destroyed by those growths"
[Thu Nov 18 20:32:08 2004] : (9) DM: As you continue round the buildings get progressively mor eimpressive
[Thu Nov 18 20:32:40 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella taks a good long look at the merchant's guild **
[Thu Nov 18 20:32:49 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hmmmm, this building reminds me of something"
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "A city I have read about...Bald... something, can't remember the name"
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:12 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Of what?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:15 2004] : (9) DM: There's the grand temple to Valkur, then at last the cith hall. Just beyond that is the high temple of Waukeen
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:31 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Bald?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:36 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks puzzled **
[Thu Nov 18 20:33:51 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Baldor Portal, something or other"
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:18 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "They had an engraving of a Merchant's Guild that looked just the same"
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:20 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I can't say I ever heard of it. Is it far away from here?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:22 2004] : (9) DM: ooc I'll mark all these properly at the weekend
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But not important"
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:38 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella approaches the City Hall and looks for the reward sign **
[Thu Nov 18 20:34:40 2004] : (9) DM: The palace grounds are in the distance
[Thu Nov 18 20:35:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Ah, here it is"
[Thu Nov 18 20:35:31 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks for the front door **
[Thu Nov 18 20:35:34 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella reads the sign **
[Thu Nov 18 20:35:58 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Anything interesting on there, Farkenella?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:36:56 2004] : (9) DM: There's a large entrance door and several smaller ones
[Thu Nov 18 20:37:05 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc DM, anything on the sign ?
[Thu Nov 18 20:37:08 2004] : (9) DM: The large door has guards on it, but it's open
[Thu Nov 18 20:37:30 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas walks towards the large door, forthwith **
[Thu Nov 18 20:37:46 2004] : (9) DM: The sign simply says "Council of his Grace the Duke"
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:06 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh no, I guess that's not it"
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:17 2004] : (9) DM: The guards offer no hindrance
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:26 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella walks behind Finduilas forthwith **
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:34 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas strides in **
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:41 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella asks one of the guards **
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Excuse me, where can we find public announcements ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:38:53 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Duke? Didn't the sargent mention a vizier?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:39:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Such as wanted ennemies, rewards and the likes ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:39:25 2004] : (9) DM: ooc he's the Duke's Vizier
[Thu Nov 18 20:39:27 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The vizier will be the one implementing the duke's orders, Aspen"
[Thu Nov 18 20:39:43 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Thu Nov 18 20:40:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Thu Nov 18 20:40:45 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Ah. That makes sense."
[Thu Nov 18 20:40:54 2004] : (9) DM: you know that the duke has a vizier who he entrusts the mundane running of the city to
[Thu Nov 18 20:41:11 2004] : (9) DM: You also know that the council sits in the city hall
[Thu Nov 18 20:41:14 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL, so I officially know what I just guessed
[Thu Nov 18 20:41:44 2004] : (9) Guard: Umm, ask the clerk madam, i just guard"
[Thu Nov 18 20:41:49 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella asks the guards again **
[Thu Nov 18 20:41:59 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "OK, sorry for the disturbance"
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:06 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella walks to the clerk **
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:12 2004] : (9) Guard: "No problem ma'am"
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Excuse me, where can we find public announcements ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:19 2004] : ** (9) Guard tips his helmet **
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Such as wanted ennemies, rewards and the likes ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:42:51 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Those can be found at the notaries office on the first floor"
[Thu Nov 18 20:43:24 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Is there anyone here that could tell us more about your problems with those strange stone growths?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:43:50 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella does not wait and goes up to the first floor **
[Thu Nov 18 20:43:51 2004] : (9) Clerk: "I believe that the Vizier is overseeing the issue himself madam"
[Thu Nov 18 20:43:58 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks around and appraises the place **
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:04 2004] : (9) Clerk: "I can arrange for you to meet with his secretary"
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:12 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Can we just go to him to speak to him about it?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:20 2004] : (7) Aspen: "That would be useful."
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:26 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Please do, we are here to offer our help"
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:28 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella grumbles "administrations, it's just a labyrynth form one office to the other" **
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:35 2004] : (9) Clerk: ooc farkanella wanders outside the narrative
[Thu Nov 18 20:44:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Labyrinth even
[Thu Nov 18 20:45:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc /me waits for the narrative to catch up
[Thu Nov 18 20:45:22 2004] : (9) Clerk: "As I said, I can arrange a meeting. If you'd care to return here in 1 hour I'll havea time"
[Thu Nov 18 20:45:44 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "That would be most welcome"
[Thu Nov 18 20:45:58 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn sighs **
[Thu Nov 18 20:46:14 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Another hour of sitting around"
[Thu Nov 18 20:46:18 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Farkenella: do you want to go up now? It might kill the better part of that hour"
[Thu Nov 18 20:46:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Finduilas "Yes, I want to know about this reward, and notaries I am sure will give us lots of info"
[Thu Nov 18 20:47:12 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Let's go then"
[Thu Nov 18 20:47:39 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella goes up **
[Thu Nov 18 20:47:41 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Is there anything else I can help you with? Always a pleasure to help members of the order"
[Thu Nov 18 20:48:15 2004] : (7) Aspen: (musing to himself) "Isn't a reward a little irresponsible? It could lure foolish adventurers to try tackingly a deadly problem with unfortunate consequencies."
[Thu Nov 18 20:48:39 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks for the notaries office **
[Thu Nov 18 20:48:44 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We believe there was a reward out for clearing up the disappearances of some citizens lately"
[Thu Nov 18 20:49:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc I suppose Finduilas found the office ;)
[Thu Nov 18 20:49:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I thought that clerk was the one from upstairs ;)
[Thu Nov 18 20:49:51 2004] : (9) Clerk: "I merely help those attending the city hall to find what they want. I don't set policy"
[Thu Nov 18 20:50:13 2004] : (9) DM: You find the notary office easily enough
[Thu Nov 18 20:50:24 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc so now the Clerk is out of the narrative ;-)
[Thu Nov 18 20:50:36 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella knocks on the door **
[Thu Nov 18 20:50:38 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas knocks on the door of the notary office **
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:01 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn hangs back and lets the 'knockers' get on with it **
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:13 2004] : (9) Notary: "Pardon me madam, I was not implying that people in such finery as
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:18 2004] : (9) Notary: ooc oops
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:23 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:27 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:34 2004] : (9) Notary: "great scott, what's that racket"
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:38 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas admires her finery **
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:45 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Excuse me, where can we find public announcements ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:48 2004] : (9) Notary: "Come in, before you break the glass"
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:51 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas opens the door and walks in **
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Such as wanted ennemies, rewards and the likes ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:51:57 2004] : (9) Notary: "I record them here"
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:03 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks **
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:05 2004] : ** (9) Notary shows you a ledger **
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:06 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We believe there was a reward out for clearing up the disappearances of some citizens lately"
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:13 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "may I ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:51 2004] : (9) Notary: "Indeed, it has been reported to me by one of the Guard that the matter has been cleared up"
[Thu Nov 18 20:52:58 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella approaches the ledger and reads **
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:06 2004] : ** (9) Notary allows you to peruse the ledger **
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:13 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella props an ear **
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "It has, has it ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:30 2004] : (9) Notary: "The description seems to fit the group of you"
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:41 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Ah ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:46 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks at the notary **
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:51 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "As is should, since we killed the murderer"
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:55 2004] : (6) Finduilas: it
[Thu Nov 18 20:53:59 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Someone reported us as having cleazred the matter ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:54:01 2004] : (9) Notary: "Indded it has, what good is beaurocracy if not to report accurately"
[Thu Nov 18 20:54:20 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I must say the guard was very quick in reporting"
[Thu Nov 18 20:54:30 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella preruses the ledger again to find the reward and possible other rewards **
[Thu Nov 18 20:54:38 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc peruses even
[Thu Nov 18 20:54:47 2004] : (9) Notary: "The current Duke is quite insistent on promptness of reporting and recording"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:00 2004] : (9) Notary: "Although..., no, no matter"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:00 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hmmmm, I see"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:06 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "That is most wise, to be sure"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:12 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Although what"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Although what ? Please, go ahead"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:26 2004] : (9) Notary: "yes, the missing bodies"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Missing ? How many ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:53 2004] : (9) Notary: "The reward was, I believe 50 gold for information"
[Thu Nov 18 20:55:55 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The bodies are missing? They were still there this morning"
[Thu Nov 18 20:56:16 2004] : (9) Notary: "Aheam, i meant missing persons"
[Thu Nov 18 20:56:32 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "What about them?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:56:35 2004] : (9) Notary: "I know nothing of the bodies"
[Thu Nov 18 20:56:49 2004] : (9) Notary: "The reward was, 50 gold for information"
[Thu Nov 18 20:56:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Are bones information enough ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:57:11 2004] : (9) Notary: "Well, if you'll stop interrupting..."
[Thu Nov 18 20:57:34 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Sorry"
[Thu Nov 18 20:57:50 2004] : (9) Notary: "I would imagine that solving the mystery carries a higher reward"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:09 2004] : (9) Notary: "However, I'm not in a position to increase the reward"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Who gave out the reward in the first place ?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:27 2004] : (9) Notary: "I can give you a promissary note for the 50gp"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:50 2004] : (9) Notary: "To be claimed at the scahiers desk downstairs"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:51 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "What do we do with this note?"
[Thu Nov 18 20:58:56 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc ah
[Thu Nov 18 20:59:00 2004] : (9) Notary: cashiers
[Thu Nov 18 20:59:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc omfg
[Thu Nov 18 20:59:27 2004] : (9) Notary: ooc not exercise books
[Thu Nov 18 20:59:30 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc cashiers again
[Thu Nov 18 21:00:08 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Who gave out the reward in the first place ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:00:25 2004] : (9) Notary: "The vizier would have to increase the reward for solving the problem"
[Thu Nov 18 21:00:46 2004] : (9) Notary: "Now do you have any other claims to make?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:00:47 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Thank you so much for your time"
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:16 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "No, I was just wondering what other rewards or unsolved problems there might be"
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:20 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, we did kill the Hag"
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:23 2004] : (9) DM: search check to see if you spot anything interesting in the ledger Farky
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:37 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:42 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Who was responsible for the missing persons"
[Thu Nov 18 21:01:59 2004] : (9) DM: "There is a standard reward for monsters killed within the city, based on type"
[Thu Nov 18 21:02:26 2004] : (9) DM: "Of course the body has to be handed to the mortuary at the rear of this building for identification"
[Thu Nov 18 21:03:00 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Ah. Some enterprising local will have claimed the reward for that by now."
[Thu Nov 18 21:03:17 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Yes. Unfortunatly we wre not aware of this"
[Thu Nov 18 21:04:21 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Is the whole body necessary?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:04:22 2004] : (9) Notary: "I understand it's common practise in all the cities in this area"
[Thu Nov 18 21:04:56 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I'm just concerned that if we kill a large monster we would have to transport a huge corpse around"
[Thu Nov 18 21:05:17 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Sir ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:05:25 2004] : (9) Notary: "The reward is partly given by the wizard guild and by the local temple alliance for study of the corpse, so I believe that as much as is left is required"
[Thu Nov 18 21:05:42 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Ah, thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:05:44 2004] : (9) Notary: "Yes m'lady?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:06:04 2004] : (9) DM: ooc I thought you took it with you?
[Thu Nov 18 21:06:05 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I see there are reports in there about dark skinned dwarves, could you tell me more about them ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:06:51 2004] : (9) Notary: "Not much to say madam, rumours of what sound like forsaken, not seen for long"
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:04 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I see"
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: And here...
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:11 2004] : ** (7) Aspen frowns **
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:16 2004] : (9) Notary: "In the poor district"
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "A ranger offered to investigate"
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Any idea who that ranger is ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:07:45 2004] : (9) Notary: "I'm sorry m'lady?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:08:12 2004] : (9) Notary: "I believe that we hired an experienced ranger, but that was to investigate the strange structures"
[Thu Nov 18 21:08:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh, ok, sorry, got that wrong"
[Thu Nov 18 21:08:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "You know who hired him ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:08:48 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Perhaps the structures and reports of forsaken are linked"
[Thu Nov 18 21:08:58 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks for a signature of the report **
[Thu Nov 18 21:09:14 2004] : (9) Notary: "The council offered a reward, it still stands. He found out dsome information and we retained him to find out more"
[Thu Nov 18 21:09:28 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Do you know who he is ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:09:47 2004] : (9) Notary: "hold on a moment"
[Thu Nov 18 21:09:54 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:09:57 2004] : ** (9) Notary looks through some notes **
[Thu Nov 18 21:10:40 2004] : (9) Notary: "His name was Helveran"
[Thu Nov 18 21:10:44 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn wonders why the notary is being so helpful **
[Thu Nov 18 21:10:48 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Helveran ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:11:04 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Any idea what race he is ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:11:35 2004] : ** (9) Notary looks at you oddly **
[Thu Nov 18 21:11:46 2004] : (9) Notary: diplomacy check weirdo
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:16 2004] : (9) Notary: "Umm, no, it's not recorded"
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Ah. Well."
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:37 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks very disappointed **
[Thu Nov 18 21:12:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Any idea then, where we might find him ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:13:10 2004] : (9) Notary: "I have no idea madam"
[Thu Nov 18 21:13:38 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "OR who we could go to to find anything about him ? I can't seem to find who wrote those reports"
[Thu Nov 18 21:14:19 2004] : (9) Notary: "What reports?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:14:35 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc the ones in the ledger that talk about the ranger
[Thu Nov 18 21:14:43 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Those, here"
[Thu Nov 18 21:14:48 2004] : (9) Notary: "We notaries wrote them"
[Thu Nov 18 21:15:03 2004] : (9) Notary: "That's what we do, we make notes"
[Thu Nov 18 21:15:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I see, but aren't you supposed to write down your name ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:15:35 2004] : (9) Notary: "Can't have an efficient city government without documentation"
[Thu Nov 18 21:15:46 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "or the name of the person who gives you those reports ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:15:49 2004] : (9) Notary: "Yes madam"
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:03 2004] : (9) Notary: "See this column here..."
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:06 2004] : ** (9) Notary points **
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:11 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "So why are those anonymous ? Or maybe I have not looked well"
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:18 2004] : (9) Notary: "Initials of the notary involved"
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Ah ! Excuse me, I had not seen that"
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:28 2004] : (9) Notary: "and this column here..."
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:37 2004] : (9) Notary: "Signature of witnesses"
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:54 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And those would be ?" /me points at the initials on the aforementionned reports
[Thu Nov 18 21:16:59 2004] : (9) Notary: "Speaking of which. Could one of you sign here?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:17:08 2004] : (9) Notary: "Preferably the member of the order"
[Thu Nov 18 21:17:26 2004] : (9) Notary: "Jovan"
[Thu Nov 18 21:17:50 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Jovan, you are not Jovan by any chance ?'
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:10 2004] : (9) Notary: "No madam, i'm Hinkle"
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:11 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas reads what she is supposed to sign **
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:39 2004] : (9) DM: It's the note on the reward for info on the missinf people
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:40 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella takes 2 GP out of her pocket **
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:47 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas signs **
[Thu Nov 18 21:18:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Well Hinkle, you have been of precious help"
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:02 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella hands the 2 GP **
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: here is for your time
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:11 2004] : (9) Notary: "Thanky madam, I exist to serve"
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:17 2004] : ** (9) Notary looks shocked **
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:38 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks at the Notary **
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:38 2004] : (9) Notary: "I must insist madam... Put that away"
[Thu Nov 18 21:19:56 2004] : (9) Notary: "I will not have my reputation tarnished"
[Thu Nov 18 21:20:06 2004] : ** (9) Notary looks pleadingly at Finduilas **
[Thu Nov 18 21:20:20 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "No, seriously, I am in a good mood, we killed that beast, and all, you'll drink them with your friends to a nasty beast's death"
[Thu Nov 18 21:20:26 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I'm sure she meant no harm, after all: it couldn't be a bribe"
[Thu Nov 18 21:20:47 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Farkenella: you're embarrassing this good man"
[Thu Nov 18 21:20:54 2004] : (9) Notary: "I'm sure the guard's benevolents have a collection jar downstairs"
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Well, OK, iI'll put them there then"
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Sorry, I really did not mean to offend you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But should we meet again, I'll buy you a drink"
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:33 2004] : (9) Notary: "I'm a servant of the Duke, not a market hawker"
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:36 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella smiles **
[Thu Nov 18 21:21:57 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Please do forgive us"
[Thu Nov 18 21:22:06 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella pockets the 2 GP **
[Thu Nov 18 21:22:16 2004] : (9) Notary: "It's forgiven."
[Thu Nov 18 21:22:24 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Where can I find Jovan ?
[Thu Nov 18 21:24:18 2004] : (9) Notary: "He's in the notary offices"
[Thu Nov 18 21:24:33 2004] : ** (9) Notary points behind him **
[Thu Nov 18 21:24:35 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh, I thought we were in the notary offices ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:24:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh, sorry"
[Thu Nov 18 21:24:47 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank you very much Hinkle"
[Thu Nov 18 21:25:04 2004] : (9) Notary: "No this is the public reception for the offices"
[Thu Nov 18 21:25:20 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I see, can I see him ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:25:37 2004] : (9) Notary: "I'll see if that's possible"
[Thu Nov 18 21:25:51 2004] : ** (9) Notary leaves the room via the back door **
[Thu Nov 18 21:25:58 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "thank you again"
[Thu Nov 18 21:26:24 2004] : (4) Farkenella: (to the others) whoever that ranger is, he sure seems to be able to help us
[Thu Nov 18 21:26:28 2004] : ** (9) Notary returns with another man **
[Thu Nov 18 21:26:42 2004] : (9) Jovan: "May I help you?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:26:55 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Maybe he will not be willing to help"
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:06 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Yes, my friend sand I here are trying to help wth the investigation of the structures"
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And I have seen that you have hired a ranger to help you with them"
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:31 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We would like to know if it is possible to join forces with heim"
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:38 2004] : (4) Farkenella: him even
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:42 2004] : (9) Jovan: "I have no idea madam"
[Thu Nov 18 21:27:55 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "No idea ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:04 2004] : (9) Jovan: "He comes here to report occasionally, well..."
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:04 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Did you not take down his deposition ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:18 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Deposition?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:29 2004] : (9) Jovan: ooc what?
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc french word=reports
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:36 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "His reports"
[Thu Nov 18 21:28:45 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Ah, he made two"
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:06 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And so you have no way of contacting him ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:07 2004] : (9) Jovan: "One each day... but the last was a week ago"
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:18 2004] : (9) Jovan: ooc scratch that
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:27 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc Never realised the 'deposition' was french
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:29 2004] : (9) Jovan: "One each day... but the last was three days ago ago"
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:44 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ago ago ? ;-)
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And so you have no way of contacting him ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:29:53 2004] : (9) Jovan: ooc there's an echo
[Thu Nov 18 21:30:07 2004] : (9) Jovan: "He was supposed to report here each day"
[Thu Nov 18 21:30:09 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 18 21:30:17 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I see..."
[Thu Nov 18 21:30:27 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Let me see...
[Thu Nov 18 21:30:40 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Ah, here is the first..."
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:08 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella looks **
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:14 2004] : (9) Jovan: "He made contact with an alchemist in the city to try to ascrtain the nature of the growth"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:15 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Perhaps he has run into trouble"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:28 2004] : (9) Jovan: "He then was going to go back"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "An alchemist, who ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:35 2004] : (9) Jovan: "That was the last report"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:43 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "It would seem so, if he's been missing for 7 days now"
[Thu Nov 18 21:31:44 2004] : (9) Jovan: "He didn't say"
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:02 2004] : (9) Jovan: ooc 3 days, changed my mind or else I broke my history
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Finduilas, three days"
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:11 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Do you happen to know the name of that alchemist?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:15 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Would you have a list of alchemists around here?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:18 2004] : (7) Aspen: "It's a lead. We can check up on all the alchemist in the city if necessary."
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Aspen, you're right"
[Thu Nov 18 21:32:48 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Jovan, yet another question, is this ranger human ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:33:08 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc is Zachs brother an alchemist?
[Thu Nov 18 21:33:19 2004] : (9) Jovan: ooc yes
[Thu Nov 18 21:33:47 2004] : (9) Jovan: "I believe he was an elf ma'sm"
[Thu Nov 18 21:33:52 2004] : (9) Jovan: ma'am
[Thu Nov 18 21:33:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Jovan, I thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:34:07 2004] : (9) Jovan: Int checks
[Thu Nov 18 21:34:17 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu Nov 18 21:34:21 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: Int check: [1d20+0] -> [15,0] = (15)
[Thu Nov 18 21:34:28 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Nov 18 21:34:53 2004] : (7) Aspen: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Thu Nov 18 21:35:30 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Ah, just one thing, I suppose Alchemists are listed somewhere, they must have a licence to practice don't they ?
[Thu Nov 18 21:36:08 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Ah, indeed"
[Thu Nov 18 21:36:24 2004] : (9) Jovan: "Hinkle, would you mind?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:36:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Maybe we can look at that ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:36:46 2004] : (9) DM: Hinkle goes off
[Thu Nov 18 21:36:51 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc big, yellow book?
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:00 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc yep
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:01 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:02 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:25 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc It's called the "Golden guide"over here
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc under : drugs and hallucinogens
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:33 2004] : (9) Jovan: "This may take a while, is there anything else? I have work to do."
[Thu Nov 18 21:37:58 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "No Jovan, thank you for your help. Just...if you see him again, could you give him this"
[Thu Nov 18 21:38:25 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella takes a piece of paper out and scribbles something on it **
[Thu Nov 18 21:38:56 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn nosies at what she is writing **
[Thu Nov 18 21:38:56 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc brb phone
[Thu Nov 18 21:39:09 2004] : (9) Jovan: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Nov 18 21:39:16 2004] : (9) Jovan: need the loo
[Thu Nov 18 21:40:56 2004] : (7) Aspen: flicking through yellow pages... electricians... enchanters... ah... evil sorcerers.
[Thu Nov 18 21:41:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: LOL
[Thu Nov 18 21:41:32 2004] : (6) Finduilas: How about looking for some stonecutters?
[Thu Nov 18 21:42:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc back sorry
[Thu Nov 18 21:42:35 2004] : (9) Jovan: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 18 21:42:41 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Berrawyn, you're an elf, right ?
[Thu Nov 18 21:42:55 2004] : (9) Jovan: "YOU may want to take a seat, Hinkle will be back with the info shortly"
[Thu Nov 18 21:43:02 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc yup
[Thu Nov 18 21:43:19 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella applies her seal on the paper **
[Thu Nov 18 21:43:20 2004] : ** (9) Jovan sits at the desk and does paperwork **
[Thu Nov 18 21:43:41 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn takes a seat, forthwith **
[Thu Nov 18 21:43:59 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas taps her foot **
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:05 2004] : (4) Farkenella: the note reads (it's in elven) : If you know me, meet me at the Lady of the Sea. Signed Farenella
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: signed Farkenella Neeleman
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:28 2004] : (4) Farkenella: and seal applied by the signature
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:36 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella hands the note to Jovan **
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:38 2004] : (9) DM: After about 30 minutes Hinkle returns
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:40 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn raises his eyebrows as he reads **
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:49 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Could you give him that please ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:44:58 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "OK, Jovan, you can return, I'm back to man the desk"
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:07 2004] : (9) DM: Jovan leaves you
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:14 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc he took the note ?
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:32 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "There are 3 registered alchemists in the city"
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:51 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "All three are in the merchant's district"
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:57 2004] : (9) DM: yes he took it
[Thu Nov 18 21:45:58 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella turns to Berrawyn **
[Thu Nov 18 21:46:03 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I'll tell you later"
[Thu Nov 18 21:46:43 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "Here are the addresses of the business premises"
[Thu Nov 18 21:46:58 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "If you wish"
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:09 2004] : ** (9) Hinkle smiles **
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:18 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "I hope that is enough for you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:37 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Excellent. You have been most helpful"
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:43 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "That is, thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:47 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Yes, thank you ver much"
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:49 2004] : (10) Laucian (enter): 21:48
[Thu Nov 18 21:48:55 2004] : (9) DM: "Glad I could assist"
[Thu Nov 18 21:49:09 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc hi all
[Thu Nov 18 21:49:15 2004] : (9) DM: oc Hi Darren
[Thu Nov 18 21:49:21 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Hi, Darren :)
[Thu Nov 18 21:49:28 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc hi D
[Thu Nov 18 21:49:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc hiho
[Thu Nov 18 21:50:08 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hinkle, where can I find the guard's benevolents jar ?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:51:12 2004] : (9) Hinkle: "Downstairs"
[Thu Nov 18 21:51:43 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:05 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas goes downstairs **
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:21 2004] : (9) DM: The jar is with the clerk
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:23 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:33 2004] : (9) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:34 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella finds the jar and drops the 2 GP in it **
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:42 2004] : (9) DM: Are you playing Darren?
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:52 2004] : (10) Laucian: If you let me :P
[Thu Nov 18 21:52:55 2004] : (9) DM: Sure
[Thu Nov 18 21:53:26 2004] : (9) DM: Anywone wanna catch him up?
[Thu Nov 18 21:53:37 2004] : (6) Finduilas: I just did, Craig
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:01 2004] : (10) Laucian: Do i just catch up with the group?
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:16 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc we're going out of the building I suppose ?
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:21 2004] : (6) Finduilas: We're leaving anyu minute now, you could see us in the streets
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:25 2004] : (10) Laucian: ok
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:33 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: I guees were done in thetown hall
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:44 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas goes to cash in the reward **
[Thu Nov 18 21:54:56 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: my spelling sucks tonight
[Thu Nov 18 21:55:42 2004] : (9) DM: OK
[Thu Nov 18 21:55:46 2004] : (9) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 18 21:55:55 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas goes to cash in the reward **
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:02 2004] : (9) DM: Where are you going?
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:16 2004] : ** (10) Laucian is loitering in the streets looking for the people whose treasure he is still carrying **
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:29 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella is going out the building **
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:29 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Just to the clerk that does the payments, I've got the slip
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:37 2004] : (9) DM: OK the cahier desk is easy to find
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:43 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I'll head on outside"
[Thu Nov 18 21:56:47 2004] : (9) DM: There are a few more guards around it
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:06 2004] : (9) Cashier: "NEXT"
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:10 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas smiles as she gives the paper to the cashier **
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Here you are"
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:18 2004] : ** (9) Cashier looks over it **
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:32 2004] : ** (9) Cashier gives you an exasperated look **
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:33 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc short queue
[Thu Nov 18 21:57:40 2004] : (9) Cashier: "You haven't signed it"
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:01 2004] : (9) Cashier: "Or dated it"
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:13 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I *did* sign it
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:20 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas points at her signature **
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:24 2004] : (9) Cashier: ooc you signed the ledger
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:35 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc OK
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:43 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas signs and dates the paper **
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:52 2004] : (9) Cashier: "Thankyou"
[Thu Nov 18 21:58:53 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Is this better?"
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:05 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "You're welcome"
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:10 2004] : ** (9) Cashier fills out a small form, then gets up and goes to a room behind him **
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:27 2004] : ** (9) Cashier returns with a small purse **
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:35 2004] : (9) Cashier: "50 gold piecse"
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:41 2004] : (9) Cashier: pieces
[Thu Nov 18 21:59:57 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Thank you and a good day to you"
[Thu Nov 18 22:00:07 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas accepts the purse and leaves **
[Thu Nov 18 22:00:08 2004] : (9) Cashier: "NEXT"
[Thu Nov 18 22:00:43 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella is waiting outside **
[Thu Nov 18 22:00:54 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn is also outside **
[Thu Nov 18 22:00:55 2004] : (9) DM: all in all you've been here for just over an hour
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:12 2004] : (9) DM: Laucian spots Berrawyn and farky
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc so it's around 9.00 am I suppose
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:21 2004] : (9) DM: 9.30
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:30 2004] : ** (10) Laucian scurries across to Berrawyn **
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:38 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "hey Laucian"
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:44 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Shouldn't we go back to ask about our appointment?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:48 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Where have you been?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:01:55 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Hey, where did you lot disappear to?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:10 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Appointment?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:14 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Here and there. Gathering information."
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:26 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Get any good info?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:28 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "With the vizier"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:33 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Ah yes, that one"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:46 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh, I forgot about the vizier"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:52 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I'll just run back and ask about it, shall I?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:54 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "What time is it at?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:02:55 2004] : (10) Laucian: "You met a vizier?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:07 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas returns into the city hall **
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We haven't met him yet"
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:35 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But we're having an appointment"
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:41 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Wait, before we go any further, can you please take some of this off my hands"
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:43 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Not yet Laucian, but his nephew has disappeared. We think the Hag got him"
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:49 2004] : ** (10) Laucian holds forth the hags treasure **
[Thu Nov 18 22:03:58 2004] : (7) Aspen: "With his secretary I believe."
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:08 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Oooo, what did we find?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:14 2004] : ** (9) Clerk is busy doing clerking **
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:16 2004] : (10) Laucian: "We found.........."
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:25 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas walks over to the clerk **
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:43 2004] : (10) Laucian: "A Potion that imbues the drinkers skin with the toughness of thick bark"
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:50 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "nice"
[Thu Nov 18 22:04:56 2004] : (10) Laucian: "A ring that improves the wearers ability to swim"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:20 2004] : (10) Laucian: "A scroll of 3 spells.....Web, Cure Moderate Wounds and Delay Poison"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:33 2004] : ** (9) Clerk looks up **
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:38 2004] : (10) Laucian: "And 490 pieces of gold"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:45 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Ah, the paladin"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:47 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "wow"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:52 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Hello again"
[Thu Nov 18 22:05:58 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Hello again. Do you have news for us?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:09 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Ah, hold on a minute"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:18 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Shouldn't we hand the stuff over to the guards. This would be stolen stuff wouldn't it?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:19 2004] : ** (9) Clerk looks through his paperwork **
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:19 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Hm, we should add the reward in and split up the gold"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:26 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Ah, here it is."
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:35 2004] : ** (9) Clerk hands you a pice of parchment **
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:43 2004] : (10) Laucian: "It seemed imprtant to me that you should all share the treasure since I only just met you and you did most of the work"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:52 2004] : (9) Clerk: "You've an appointment for 5 minutes at 4pm"
[Thu Nov 18 22:06:53 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas accepst the parchment and reads it **
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, you had your part in it"
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:16 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "5 minutes? That isn't very long, is it?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:25 2004] : (9) Clerk: "The secretary is avery busy man"
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:26 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Aspen, no-one knows who the victims were"
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Five minutes ?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:07:59 2004] : (9) Clerk: "Please, i don't make the rules. i merely serve to the best of my ability"
[Thu Nov 18 22:08:15 2004] : ** (9) Clerk looks embarrassed **
[Thu Nov 18 22:08:21 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I was not blaming anyone, just asking a question"
[Thu Nov 18 22:08:36 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "And besides, we risked out lives and you lost yours to rid this coty of that menace"
[Thu Nov 18 22:08:45 2004] : (9) Clerk: "5 minutes can be a long time..."
[Thu Nov 18 22:08:57 2004] : (9) Clerk: "I'd hate to take that long to die painfully"
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:02 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "But I do thank you for your effort on our behalve"
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:02 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc *city
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:40 2004] : (10) Laucian: "You got a reward for killing the hag?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:45 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Goodbye to you"
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:56 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas leaves the city hall **
[Thu Nov 18 22:09:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Not unless we bring the body for identification and all"
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:04 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Unfortuantely no, but we got a reward fro infomation about it"
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:08 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We got a reward for finding the bodies"
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:15 2004] : (10) Laucian: "shame"
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:29 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Yes, it is"
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:51 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn tells Laucian about the Ranger and the possible Forsaken **
[Thu Nov 18 22:10:55 2004] : (9) DM: OK the 3 alchemists are on your map, even if they aren't yet on my maps
[Thu Nov 18 22:11:01 2004] : (10) Laucian: "huh??"
[Thu Nov 18 22:11:07 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Well, we have an appointment for 4 o'clock"
[Thu Nov 18 22:11:15 2004] : You must be either a player or GM to use the miniature Layer
[Thu Nov 18 22:11:40 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc reports of forsaken in the city and a ranger who was hired to investigate the growths in the city
[Thu Nov 18 22:11:53 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc a forsaken??
[Thu Nov 18 22:12:21 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc whats a forsaken?
[Thu Nov 18 22:12:32 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc dwarves arent' they?
[Thu Nov 18 22:12:37 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc i dunno
[Thu Nov 18 22:12:49 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc black skinned dwarves, nasty
[Thu Nov 18 22:13:00 2004] : (9) DM: ooc forsaken dwarves are bad guys, or so this lot have gathered so far
[Thu Nov 18 22:13:09 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc ok
[Thu Nov 18 22:13:41 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "So what now? Anyone wants to check if the hag's body still is there?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:13:52 2004] : (10) Laucian: "So....are you lot hiring at the moment?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:14:00 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Waste of time I reckon."
[Thu Nov 18 22:14:35 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I agree, it'll be long gone"
[Thu Nov 18 22:14:43 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We need to visit those alchemists"
[Thu Nov 18 22:14:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Fenialis might be the ranger"
[Thu Nov 18 22:14:57 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Hiring?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:15:06 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We don't hire anything"
[Thu Nov 18 22:15:06 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella seems to be lost in her thoughts **
[Thu Nov 18 22:15:30 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks at Farkenella **
[Thu Nov 18 22:15:46 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "If he is, we will find out, Farkenella"
[Thu Nov 18 22:15:48 2004] : (10) Laucian: "For an adventuring party you seem a little light in mage power"
[Thu Nov 18 22:16:34 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Well, we don't hire, but we sure could use another friend to help us"
[Thu Nov 18 22:16:44 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well, a few of us can throw out the odd spell"
[Thu Nov 18 22:17:06 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hiring ? what a strange notion"
[Thu Nov 18 22:17:12 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Someone with arcane knowledge would be useful."
[Thu Nov 18 22:17:42 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Hiring makes things much simpler, but its your choice"
[Thu Nov 18 22:17:53 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I'd say, Laucian, if you're in for random treasures, *party funds* (/me smirks), and lots of adventures, join with us
[Thu Nov 18 22:18:51 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We share what we have, we have no leader and loyalty is very important. Plus: we work for the common good"
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:08 2004] : (10) Laucian: "What is the common good?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:26 2004] : (10) Laucian: "So I would gain an equal share of any treasure found or earned?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:30 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The common good of the people we help"
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:38 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Something paladins go on about but really don't understand."
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:44 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, yes indeed, unless it's party fund"
[Thu Nov 18 22:19:58 2004] : (9) DM: ooc LOL@ Aspen
[Thu Nov 18 22:20:02 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Either equal or divided accordning who could use something best"
[Thu Nov 18 22:20:06 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And if that can reassure you, the common good, for me, is my own good, first"
[Thu Nov 18 22:20:21 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas smiles at Farkenella **
[Thu Nov 18 22:20:30 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella smiles back **
[Thu Nov 18 22:20:37 2004] : (10) Laucian: "How much of my share must I put in this party fund?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:21:14 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "The party fund is decided upon whenever we have something to put in it"
[Thu Nov 18 22:21:17 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I think we used nearly all of it last night"
[Thu Nov 18 22:21:40 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Party fund was a silly idea anyway."
[Thu Nov 18 22:21:55 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, I never quite understood"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:02 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We had 228 gp left this morning, after Aspen's resurrection"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:11 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But think of it this way, you may buy any item form the party as is your wish"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:18 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "shall we split it?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And party fund may bring you back to life"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:25 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Buy?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:22:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "So, I guess it has its advantages"
[Thu Nov 18 22:23:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc yes, if an object belongs to the "party", you may buy it form the party, wasn't i wahat awas agreed upon ?
[Thu Nov 18 22:23:13 2004] : (10) Laucian: "ok, so I get an equal share of any treasure, taking into account who each item best suits...and I contribute to a fund when I can afford it that would enable any of us to be raised from the dead?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:23:21 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc /me is so lost with that party fund
[Thu Nov 18 22:23:53 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc AFAIK that never was the idea. Until now it was always divided according to who could use it best or otherwise sold
[Thu Nov 18 22:24:05 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc oki
[Thu Nov 18 22:24:29 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc if someone can use it something, they get it, other wise it is sold (forthwith)
[Thu Nov 18 22:24:31 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Sounds like a good deal, consider me in....if you approe"
[Thu Nov 18 22:24:33 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Or to buy expensive equipment if and when needed, yes"
[Thu Nov 18 22:24:34 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc approve
[Thu Nov 18 22:25:07 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Would you excuse us for a moment, Laucian?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:25:14 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Sure"
[Thu Nov 18 22:25:25 2004] : ** (10) Laucian wanders off **
[Thu Nov 18 22:25:51 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "So what do you all think about Laucian? May he join us?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:26:23 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I think he would be a fine addition. He certainly proved willing to fight the hag"
[Thu Nov 18 22:26:28 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I am fine with it, we do need a little magic touch within this party"
[Thu Nov 18 22:26:40 2004] : (7) Aspen: "He has a useful set of skills."
[Thu Nov 18 22:27:17 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "That makes it unanimous then"
[Thu Nov 18 22:27:32 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Laucian!"
[Thu Nov 18 22:27:40 2004] : ** (10) Laucian wanders back **
[Thu Nov 18 22:27:58 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Welcome to our party"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:12 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Excellent.....So what are we called?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:24 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Called?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:26 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Er... we have a name?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc the Dream Team ?
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:31 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas grins **
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:36 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc the Avengers ?
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:39 2004] : (10) Laucian: "All great adventuring bands have memorable names"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:48 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc Brady Bunch more like
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:53 2004] : (10) Laucian: "there were the buckleswashers"
[Thu Nov 18 22:28:59 2004] : (10) Laucian: "The thumpers"
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:05 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Maybe we just aspire to greatness but haven't acheived it yet"
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:06 2004] : (10) Laucian: "the thumpers of the thumpers"
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:16 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella smirks **
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:22 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc Famous Five?
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:42 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc I like Fabulous Five better
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:45 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc The Magnificent Five, come on !
[Thu Nov 18 22:29:53 2004] : (6) Finduilas: oor or the Ab Fabs
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:00 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc I don't think so.
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:04 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc buckleswashers were halfling swashbucklers, the thumpers a band of stone giants, the thumpers of thumpers a group of rangers with chosen enemy as stone giant
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:05 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Ab Fabs, EXCELLENT
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:36 2004] : (10) Laucian: "And can someone take some of this damn hags treasure"
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:47 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc .me dies her hari blond and stops eating
[Thu Nov 18 22:30:54 2004] : (6) Finduilas: hair
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:05 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: oc you stop eating hair?
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:11 2004] : (7) Aspen: "That bark skin potions looks useful. If no-one else wants it...?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:14 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:31 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Could you use any of those scrolls, Laucian?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Aspen, go ahead"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:35 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Go ahead Aspen"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:41 2004] : ** (10) Laucian hands over potion **
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:45 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "I certainly can't use any scrolls"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:53 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "But I acan use some money"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:54 2004] : (10) Laucian: "I could use the web scroll"
[Thu Nov 18 22:31:56 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I dont believe any of it is useful to me"
[Thu Nov 18 22:32:11 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Can anyone cast clerical scrolls?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:32:39 2004] : (9) DM: ooc it's arcane
[Thu Nov 18 22:32:55 2004] : (10) Laucian: "and maybe the paladin should have the ring of swimming so she doesnt drown in her armour"
[Thu Nov 18 22:33:03 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc arcane cmw?
[Thu Nov 18 22:33:11 2004] : (9) DM: indeed, bards have it
[Thu Nov 18 22:33:21 2004] : (10) Laucian: "May I keep the scroll?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:33:43 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "If you can use it, keep it"
[Thu Nov 18 22:33:54 2004] : ** (10) Laucian pockets scroll **
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:16 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Laucian, excellent idea, although a ring of silence would be more handy for our cling-clanging friend here"
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:26 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn chuckles **
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:35 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas grins **
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:36 2004] : ** (10) Laucian hands the money to the fund-keeper **
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:45 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc 490gp
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc+50 GP from reward
[Thu Nov 18 22:34:57 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas accepts the money and the ring **
[Thu Nov 18 22:35:00 2004] : ** (10) Laucian gives ring to paladin **
[Thu Nov 18 22:35:00 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc I'm not taking it
[Thu Nov 18 22:35:15 2004] : (9) DM: ooc you've given me chance to update the maps there. I don't think they'll apear in ORPG yet due to cacheing, but they're visible here
[Thu Nov 18 22:35:18 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Already recorded the 50gp :P
[Thu Nov 18 22:35:28 2004] : (9) DM: Just click on the quarter of the city you want to see
[Thu Nov 18 22:36:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc ok :P
[Thu Nov 18 22:36:20 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Very nice, Craig :D
[Thu Nov 18 22:36:46 2004] : (9) DM: They just show what you've learned so far
[Thu Nov 18 22:37:07 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc nice boss
[Thu Nov 18 22:37:22 2004] : (10) Laucian: "So where now team?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:37:49 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc game end?
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:20 2004] : (9) DM: nope, unless you depserately want to
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We need to go to the alchemists"
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:34 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Why the alchemists?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:44 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc /me doesn't want it deperately
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:55 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Yes, to ask some questions about the stone growths and a missing ranger"
[Thu Nov 18 22:38:59 2004] : (9) DM: ooc I managed to come up with some plot this week, thankfully!
[Thu Nov 18 22:39:02 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "We have to meet someone and to get information"
[Thu Nov 18 22:39:10 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Because...we have to find a friend's brother who's an alchemist"
[Thu Nov 18 22:39:27 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Lead on then"
[Thu Nov 18 22:39:39 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Who has the list ?
[Thu Nov 18 22:40:38 2004] : (9) DM: OK, you journey back to the merchant district to find the alchemist premises
[Thu Nov 18 22:41:05 2004] : (9) DM: ooc Darrn probably gets the new map
[Thu Nov 18 22:41:11 2004] : (9) DM: ooc Darren
[Thu Nov 18 22:41:43 2004] : (9) DM: You starting with Alchemist 3?
[Thu Nov 18 22:41:44 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc i see alchemist 2 & 3
[Thu Nov 18 22:42:42 2004] : (9) DM: everyone else look here
[Thu Nov 18 22:42:45 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc whichever is closest
[Thu Nov 18 22:43:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc with our luck, it's alchemist 1 we're looking for !
[Thu Nov 18 22:43:22 2004] : (7) Aspen: (mutters something about bridges)
[Thu Nov 18 22:43:31 2004] : (9) DM: OK, the first on the map is a grand and opulent store
[Thu Nov 18 22:43:56 2004] : (9) DM: It appears to be the sort of place that caters to the local aristocracy
[Thu Nov 18 22:44:22 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "This place looks expensive"
[Thu Nov 18 22:44:30 2004] : (9) DM: There are a couple of large men trying to look inconspicuous by the door
[Thu Nov 18 22:44:48 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas takes a long, hard look at the men **
[Thu Nov 18 22:45:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Yes, not what I figured about Zach's borther"
[Thu Nov 18 22:45:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc brother even
[Thu Nov 18 22:45:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Nor a place I would imagina a ranger to visit"
[Thu Nov 18 22:45:57 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc brb
[Thu Nov 18 22:46:09 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "You sdon't know. If this is the best alchemist in town..."
[Thu Nov 18 22:46:51 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc surely we know this brothers name?
[Thu Nov 18 22:47:24 2004] : (9) DM: Umm, yes you do... but I said I'd get back to uyou i think
[Thu Nov 18 22:47:25 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Surely we do, but we don't know the name of the alchemist that ranger went to
[Thu Nov 18 22:47:46 2004] : (9) DM: His name is Delgain
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:18 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen goes in and asks about Delgain and a ranger.
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc Finduilas they might be different alchemists
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:42 2004] : (9) DM: The sign above this door says "Zalzabar's emporium of magical delights and mysteries"
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:44 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc back - its friggin snowing
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:49 2004] : (9) grunt: "No wepons in the emporium, Zalzabar's orders"
[Thu Nov 18 22:48:57 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc Wow
[Thu Nov 18 22:49:05 2004] : (9) grunt: ooc it's been snowing here since 4pm
[Thu Nov 18 22:49:17 2004] : (7) Aspen: ooc geez. snowed a bit here too.
[Thu Nov 18 22:49:36 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc bugger, that means Ill get it next
[Thu Nov 18 22:49:41 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Zalzabar..."
[Thu Nov 18 22:49:49 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc no snow here :)
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:15 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas looks at the sign **
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:22 2004] : (7) Aspen: (to Farky) "Here hold these for a moment."
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:23 2004] : (9) DM: You can't walk past the guards without shoving
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:27 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "No weapons? Really!"
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:36 2004] : (9) grunt: "Really"
[Thu Nov 18 22:50:44 2004] : (7) Aspen: weaponless Aspen enters.
[Thu Nov 18 22:51:11 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella drops her weapons **
[Thu Nov 18 22:51:25 2004] : ** (9) grunt lets Aspen in **
[Thu Nov 18 22:51:40 2004] : (7) Aspen: Ask the clerk about Delgain and a ranger.
[Thu Nov 18 22:51:51 2004] : ** (9) grunt eyes farky ans moves to frisk her **
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:03 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas picks Farkenella's weapons up to keep them safe **
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:07 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc frisk ?
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "What do you think you're doing?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:16 2004] : (9) grunt: pat you down
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:19 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc search
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:22 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hey !"
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:29 2004] : (9) grunt: "Frisking"
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:43 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella keeps her arms up **
[Thu Nov 18 22:52:54 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Frisk ok, don't "touch" please
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:00 2004] : (9) grunt: Search [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:06 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn loiters outside **
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:06 2004] : (9) grunt: "OK, you can go"
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:14 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella shivers **
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:21 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows aAspen **
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:27 2004] : (9) clerk: "Hello sir"
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:39 2004] : (9) clerk: "I'm sorry, Delgain?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:53:51 2004] : ** (9) clerk looks at you distastefully **
[Thu Nov 18 22:54:19 2004] : (9) clerk: "Our, ahem, competitor, if you can call someone of his status a competitor"
[Thu Nov 18 22:54:52 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Hmmm. Thanks. About this ranger. Know anything about him?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:06 2004] : (9) clerk: "People come and go, though we don't tend to see any, what did you say, rangers?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:25 2004] : (9) clerk: "no, no, our clientele are far more discerning"
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:31 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Right. Well. Thanks." (leaves and picks up his staff)
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:32 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Helveran, yes, came not too long ago to consult with your boss I suppose"
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:56 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh well, thank you"
[Thu Nov 18 22:55:57 2004] : (9) clerk: "Damned provincials"
[Thu Nov 18 22:56:04 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows Aspen **
[Thu Nov 18 22:56:15 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella picks up her gear from Finduilas **
[Thu Nov 18 22:56:23 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "thanks Finduilas"
[Thu Nov 18 22:56:33 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Well?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:56:45 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "You're welcome"
[Thu Nov 18 22:57:21 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Nope, not the right Alchemist"
[Thu Nov 18 22:57:25 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "On to the next one"
[Thu Nov 18 22:57:30 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn consults map **
[Thu Nov 18 22:57:35 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "This way"
[Thu Nov 18 22:57:46 2004] : (9) DM: OK, you follow the map, although it doesn't show the collapsed area
[Thu Nov 18 22:58:07 2004] : (9) DM: So you wander up to a big pile of rubble where canal should be
[Thu Nov 18 22:58:22 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "This looks bad"
[Thu Nov 18 22:58:28 2004] : (9) DM: The canal and paths are a big pile of rubble
[Thu Nov 18 22:58:45 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Hmmm, dwarves?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:06 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn consults map again **
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:09 2004] : (9) DM: It looks traversable
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:11 2004] : (10) Laucian: "No, rubble"
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "What a mess this city is"
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:27 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Dwarves did this?"
[Thu Nov 18 22:59:32 2004] : (9) DM: you can see a way around to the North
[Thu Nov 18 23:00:00 2004] : (9) DM: It's near the temple of Silvanus
[Thu Nov 18 23:00:11 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "I know its rubble, I was wondering out loud if it was the reported dwarves who did it. AS you well know"
[Thu Nov 18 23:00:57 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: I think we can go this way
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:03 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc what race are you Laucian ?
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:03 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn points to the north **
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:11 2004] : (10) Laucian: ooc elf
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:13 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Seems ok to me"
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:19 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We don't know for sure yet, so it's useless to speculate"
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc yet another one...this is almost an all elf party !
[Thu Nov 18 23:01:30 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ooc A lot of elves here then
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:02 2004] : (10) Laucian: "So we moving on?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:28 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Yes"
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:39 2004] : ** (10) Laucian follows Berrawyn **
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:42 2004] : (9) DM: the way around is either to the west or east, i meant you can come at it from the north
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:52 2004] : (9) DM: so pick which wat
[Thu Nov 18 23:02:54 2004] : (9) DM: way
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:30 2004] : (10) Laucian: "Ive always liked west"
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:37 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc amstramgram pic et pic et colegram amstramgram pique dam
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:42 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Lead on"
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:47 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "West it is then"
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:53 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc stopped snowing :)
[Thu Nov 18 23:03:56 2004] : ** (10) Laucian leads to west **
[Thu Nov 18 23:04:07 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:06:05 2004] : (9) DM: OK, you make your way back awround to the familiar temple and see the shop just beyons
[Thu Nov 18 23:06:08 2004] : (9) DM: beyond
[Thu Nov 18 23:06:48 2004] : (9) DM: It's a fairly plain looking shop
[Thu Nov 18 23:06:54 2004] : (9) DM: Nothing fancy about it
[Thu Nov 18 23:07:08 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "That looks more like it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:07:14 2004] : (9) DM: The sign says "Common remedies"
[Thu Nov 18 23:07:59 2004] : (7) Aspen: Aspen enters
[Thu Nov 18 23:08:09 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:08:26 2004] : (9) DM: An old man looks up
[Thu Nov 18 23:08:41 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:08:44 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Pox cure is it boy?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:08:51 2004] : ** (10) Laucian follows along **
[Thu Nov 18 23:09:05 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Got just what you need here"
[Thu Nov 18 23:09:12 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Hello, we're looking for Delgain."
[Thu Nov 18 23:09:28 2004] : ** (9) apothecary shuffles to some dusty shelves **
[Thu Nov 18 23:09:35 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Eh?, who?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:09:54 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Speak up"
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:10 2004] : (7) Aspen: (louder) "Hello, we're looking for Delgain."
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:25 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Wrong shop boy"
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Definitely more like it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:31 2004] : (9) apothecary: COUGH
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:40 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh"
[Thu Nov 18 23:10:57 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Alright, I may be just a hedge magicker, but I help those as can only afford my cures"
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: (loud) "Ever heard about a ranger by the name of Helveran ?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:17 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We meant no offense, good sir"
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:18 2004] : (9) apothecary: "I won't hear bad against him though"
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:28 2004] : (9) apothecary: "he's helped me when i needed it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:41 2004] : (4) Farkenella: ooc told ya he was apothecary number ONE, not on the map sheesh !
[Thu Nov 18 23:11:44 2004] : (9) apothecary: "And he gives me subsidies for the poorest"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:00 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "He sounds like a good man"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:06 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Aye"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:17 2004] : (9) apothecary: "What was that about a ranger?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:19 2004] : (4) Farkenella: (louder) "Ever heard about a ranger by the name of Helveran ?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:26 2004] : (9) apothecary: "one thing drives out another and all"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:47 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Err, ranger came in here about 4 days ago"
[Thu Nov 18 23:12:56 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Couldn't help him though"
[Thu Nov 18 23:13:09 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "What was he looking for?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:13:15 2004] : (9) apothecary: "no, sent him to Delgain"
[Thu Nov 18 23:13:29 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Oh, ok, where can we find Delgain ?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:13:30 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Something beyond my ken lad"
[Thu Nov 18 23:13:34 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Where is Delgain's shop?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:14:12 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn holds out the map **
[Thu Nov 18 23:14:17 2004] : (9) apothecary: "By the well of the gods"
[Thu Nov 18 23:14:28 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Here you've got it marked already"
[Thu Nov 18 23:14:44 2004] : (9) DM: see the map of the NW of the city
[Thu Nov 18 23:15:09 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: ooc I know, but might as well check
[Thu Nov 18 23:15:23 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Thank you, for your help"
[Thu Nov 18 23:15:32 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Thank you very much"
[Thu Nov 18 23:15:34 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Thank you indeed"
[Thu Nov 18 23:15:48 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas lays 5gp on the counter **
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:04 2004] : ** (9) DM tips his head to you **
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:16 2004] : ** (9) apothecary tips his head to you **
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:30 2004] : (9) apothecary: "Much obliged"
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:42 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "A very good day to you"
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:45 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas leaves **
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:52 2004] : ** (10) Laucian leaves too **
[Thu Nov 18 23:16:53 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn also leaves **
[Thu Nov 18 23:17:01 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:17:30 2004] : ** (10) Laucian heads for alchemist no.1 **
[Thu Nov 18 23:17:35 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn consults map again **
[Thu Nov 18 23:18:08 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella follows once Berrawyn has found out where to go **
[Thu Nov 18 23:18:21 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Well, Berrawyn, that map was ridiously expensive, but it is very useful"
[Thu Nov 18 23:18:41 2004] : (6) Finduilas: ridicuously
[Thu Nov 18 23:18:43 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "You see, I told you it was worth it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:19:09 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Yes, you were right and I was wrong"
[Thu Nov 18 23:19:33 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Oh I wouldn't say that"
[Thu Nov 18 23:19:37 2004] : (9) DM: This shop is somewhere between the last two. it looks like the sort of place that a well heeled adventurer might go
[Thu Nov 18 23:20:07 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "Third time lucky then"
[Thu Nov 18 23:20:08 2004] : (9) DM: Sign says "Delgain's Alchemy"
[Thu Nov 18 23:20:50 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Well, this time is right indeed"
[Thu Nov 18 23:20:53 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "About time"
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:03 2004] : ** (4) Farkenella goes to the door and enters the shop **
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:15 2004] : ** (8) Berrawyn follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:20 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Hello ?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:21 2004] : ** (10) Laucian follows too **
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:30 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas follows **
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:47 2004] : (9) DM: A Bright eyed elderly gentleman looks up from his workbench
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:51 2004] : (9) DM: Feral - claws: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17) ===> [1d6+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Thu Nov 18 23:21:55 2004] : (9) DM: oops
[Thu Nov 18 23:22:05 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Umm, can I help you?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:22:29 2004] : (7) Aspen: "Delgain?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:22:42 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Indeed, well met... Adventurers?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:22:45 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Are you Delgain? We come from your brother"
[Thu Nov 18 23:23:11 2004] : (9) Delgain: "From my brother?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:23:12 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Zach"
[Thu Nov 18 23:23:38 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Ah, all the way from Barcanton eh? How is the old goat?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:24:07 2004] : (9) Delgain: "What can I do for you?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:24:10 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "He was fine when we left him"
[Thu Nov 18 23:24:20 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas takes out the potion of tears **
[Thu Nov 18 23:24:41 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "He sends you this, a potion of tears"
[Thu Nov 18 23:25:26 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Potion of tears?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:25:33 2004] : ** (9) Delgain reads the label **
[Thu Nov 18 23:25:43 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Oh, I say, he's done it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:25:56 2004] : (9) Delgain: "I don't suppose he gave you a methodology?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:26:17 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "Hm? The recipe, you mean?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:27:14 2004] : (9) Delgain: "And the way to produce it, yes i suppose recipe will do as a word for it"
[Thu Nov 18 23:27:35 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "No, he didn't"
[Thu Nov 18 23:27:38 2004] : ** (6) Finduilas smiles **
[Thu Nov 18 23:28:11 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Ah, I'll have to send for it later"
[Thu Nov 18 23:28:29 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Are you to take his reward?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:29:13 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: "We would be happy to, but we are not sure when we will be returning"
[Thu Nov 18 23:29:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "I don't know if and when we will return to Barcanton"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:05 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Hmm, i'd better send it another way then"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:17 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Delgain, I hear you have been in contact with Helveran, the ranger"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:18 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Right, thanks very much"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:25 2004] : ** (9) Delgain looks at you **
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We are trying to find him"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:34 2004] : (9) Delgain: "WHoo, sorry?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:30:57 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "An elven ranger"
[Thu Nov 18 23:31:15 2004] : (9) Delgain: "I'm sorry, i've no idea what you're talking about"
[Thu Nov 18 23:31:22 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Who came to enquire about the structures"
[Thu Nov 18 23:31:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "You don't ?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:05 2004] : (9) Delgain: sense motive
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:11 2004] : (9) DM: sense motive
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:13 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:20 2004] : (10) Laucian: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [9,1] = (10)
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:25 2004] : (7) Aspen: "I find it unlikely he got lost between that other shop and here."
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:34 2004] : (8) Berrawyn: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:35 2004] : (7) Aspen: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Thu Nov 18 23:32:50 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "For a ranger that sounds impossible"
[Thu Nov 18 23:33:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "Delgain, we are friends of Zachary's"
[Thu Nov 18 23:33:26 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And we need to find this ranger"
[Thu Nov 18 23:33:32 2004] : (9) DM: "I'm not kissing your ring. Who are you to demand such?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:33:57 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We are just asking for information, that's all"
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:02 2004] : (7) Aspen: "You what?"
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:15 2004] : (6) Finduilas: "We just want to help this town"
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:17 2004] : ** (9) DM is looking at Farky **
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:23 2004] : ** (9) Delgain is looking at Farky **
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:33 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "*I* want to find him"
[Thu Nov 18 23:34:53 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We believe he can help us clear the trouble in this town"
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:02 2004] : (9) DM: you'll have to be better than that
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:11 2004] : (9) DM: diplomacy to sweet talk him
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:27 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:34 2004] : (6) Finduilas: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:41 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "We have killed a hag"
[Thu Nov 18 23:35:48 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Well done"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:01 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "And are trying to find out all we can about what is going on in this city"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:11 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Now if you don't mind, i have things to do"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:15 2004] : (4) Farkenella: Your colleague apothecary
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:34 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "told us that Fenia... Helveran came to see you"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:35 2004] : (9) Delgain: "Lot sof people are trying to find out lots of things, I trust very few of them"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:52 2004] : (4) Farkenella: "He said he sent him to you"
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:53 2004] : (9) DM: Gonna have to call it a night there
[Thu Nov 18 23:36:58 2004] : (9) DM: GAME END