Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 11 November 2004

[Thu Nov 11 19:32:44 2004] : (4) DM: OK, GAME START
[Thu Nov 11 19:32:45 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Take it off the hook ;)
[Thu Nov 11 19:32:58 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas examines Aspen's corpse **
[Thu Nov 11 19:33:10 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I'll know fast if it's going to last more than 10 minutes. I will tell you.
[Thu Nov 11 19:33:12 2004] : (4) DM: You've all just witnessed Aspen being torn into several chunks
[Thu Nov 11 19:33:22 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: It's mangled and bloody. Huge claw marks and spilled intestines.
[Thu Nov 11 19:33:33 2004] : (4) DM: But you managed to kill the ugly woman thing that did it
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:05 2004] : (4) DM: Finduilas sees a hopeless case
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:20 2004] : (4) DM: FOrt saves everyone
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:27 2004] : (2) Laucian: Fortitude save: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:29 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
[Thu Nov 11 19:34:35 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Nov 11 19:35:21 2004] : (4) DM: Laucian and Farky can't bear to look, you both feel incre3dibly nauseous when you do look
[Thu Nov 11 19:35:39 2004] : ** (2) Laucian examines the dead ugly woman thing **
[Thu Nov 11 19:35:46 2004] : (4) DM: ooc was waiting for the 5th person to roll then!
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:07 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn moves over to Aspens remains **
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:09 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:10 2004] : (4) DM: She's pretty hideous looking Laucian
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:14 2004] : ** (2) Laucian clubs her a bit before getting too close **
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:17 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella turns away **
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:20 2004] : (4) DM: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:28 2004] : ** (2) Laucian examines **
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:51 2004] : (4) DM: She seemed to be dragging the other corpses to a nearby hole in the rubble
[Thu Nov 11 19:36:52 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas starts to lift Aspen's remains **
[Thu Nov 11 19:37:10 2004] : ** (2) Laucian hovers over to the hole in the rubble and peers in **
[Thu Nov 11 19:37:23 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Help me get him back to the inn"
[Thu Nov 11 19:37:41 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Whats left of him you mean"
[Thu Nov 11 19:37:44 2004] : (2) Laucian: "I dont think he needs a drink right now, a temple may be a better choice"
[Thu Nov 11 19:37:51 2004] : (4) DM: The hole isn't too deep and is full of gore and bones
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:08 2004] : ** (2) Laucian probs downward checking for movement **
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:09 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella eyes the whole gutty thing from afar and holds her breath **
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:12 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We can't leave him here"
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:13 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc prods
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:42 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella approaches Finduilas and Aspen's remains **
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:46 2004] : (4) DM: There's no movement in the hole, that you can see
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:50 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Do you have the funds to have him raised?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: we can't, but we have to take him to a temple
[Thu Nov 11 19:38:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Laucian is right
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:07 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Would even a temple be able to help?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:09 2004] : ** (2) Laucian enters the hole and searches around (if its big enough) **
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:09 2004] : (4) DM: The hole is about 20 feet deep, like a small cave
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We have to try, anyway"
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:43 2004] : (4) DM: There's still an entangle spell ongoing IIRC
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:48 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Do you have the money? Raising isnt cheap"
[Thu Nov 11 19:39:53 2004] : (4) DM: Farky is still held
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I thought so lol
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:06 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn consults the map for a nearby temple **
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:07 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc I picked her out of it last session I thought
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:08 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I don't know, how much could it cost?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:25 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Possibly thousands depending on the temple"
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:35 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas shrugs **
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:40 2004] : (4) DM: Berrawyn can see several temples in the canal area to the South
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Point me to the temple"
[Thu Nov 11 19:40:59 2004] : (4) DM: ooc fine, anyway given a couple of minutes it wears off
[Thu Nov 11 19:41:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc Laucian, you did ?
[Thu Nov 11 19:41:08 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc i think so
[Thu Nov 11 19:41:16 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc i was pretty useless in the fighting
[Thu Nov 11 19:42:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I c
[Thu Nov 11 19:42:32 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc do you have the money to get him back?
[Thu Nov 11 19:42:50 2004] : (4) DM: know religion for an idea of raise dead rates
[Thu Nov 11 19:42:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I don't but they bloody well do, with their party fund gnagnagna
[Thu Nov 11 19:43:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Thu Nov 11 19:43:17 2004] : (2) Laucian: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Thu Nov 11 19:44:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Nov 11 19:46:08 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc if you're waiting on me, its untrained
[Thu Nov 11 19:46:26 2004] : (4) DM: No i'm telling people things
[Thu Nov 11 19:46:34 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc ah, k
[Thu Nov 11 19:46:40 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I personally have almost 2,000 gp, but that won't be enough, I'm afraid"
[Thu Nov 11 19:46:58 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Don't we have loads of money for that party fund of ours ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:02 2004] : (4) DM: spot checks everyone
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:04 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc anyone know what the party fund was?
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:10 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And things that belong to us all and that we can sell ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:14 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:15 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc for me too?
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc 8,228 gp
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:45 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc cool
[Thu Nov 11 19:47:57 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "If we want to use the party fund, we all have to agree"
[Thu Nov 11 19:48:01 2004] : (2) Laucian: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Thu Nov 11 19:48:25 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn looks over towards the cave-thing **
[Thu Nov 11 19:48:53 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella gets closer to the cave and looks over at what Laucian is doing **
[Thu Nov 11 19:48:56 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Whats in the cave Laucian?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:49:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Anything of value ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:49:27 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas onlu has eyes for Aspen **
[Thu Nov 11 19:49:56 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Possibly"
[Thu Nov 11 19:50:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Maybe we can sell it and get some money to raise Aspen ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:50:08 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Dont worry, Im not a thief you know"
[Thu Nov 11 19:50:22 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Thats what I thought Farkenella"
[Thu Nov 11 19:50:53 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "The partyfund should suffice, Farkenella"
[Thu Nov 11 19:50:54 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Didn't think you were. Just curious"
[Thu Nov 11 19:51:06 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Laucian: now, that is great
[Thu Nov 11 19:52:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Laucian, thorough search, is there anything left in there ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:52:09 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Theres 490gp, a potion, ring and scroll"
[Thu Nov 11 19:52:26 2004] : (2) Laucian: "thorough search carried out, nothing else left" (I hope)
[Thu Nov 11 19:52:51 2004] : (4) DM: Laucian is covered in gore and ichor and well and truly stinks of decay
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "490 GP..damn, that is not enough cash, is it ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:16 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella turns to Finduilas. **
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:17 2004] : (4) DM: Behind him is a cave full of well and truly disturbed remains of about 5 people
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:22 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn steps upwind **
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:29 2004] : (2) Laucian: "That depends on what the rest is, tho if the ring is suitable for mages I would like the chance to buy it off you"
[Thu Nov 11 19:53:35 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "How much did we have in that party fund you were so fond of ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:20 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Laucian: go right ahead, unless someone persuades you to leave it into the party fund for emergency or something
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:22 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Just over 8,000 gp"
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And that won't be enough ?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Lets leave that Laucian, til we've sorted out what to do with aspen"
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:47 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I think it must be"
[Thu Nov 11 19:54:47 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have no clue how much we need to raise the dead"
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:11 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc what temples are around?
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:15 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "There are some temples to the south"
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I have a ring and gems part of party funds, total worth 5000 GP;, but I can't remember for the life of me where I got them
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:39 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc all thieves say that :P
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:48 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 11 19:55:54 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:04 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:07 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc real thieves would NOT mention the fact that they have them in the first place :P
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:10 2004] : (4) DM: Another know religion roll please
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:12 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Do we know what Gods are worshipped here?"
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:16 2004] : (2) Laucian: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:18 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc yeah, but youre crap
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:33 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc I seem to have some gems as well, and a rod of enlargement
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:35 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc Berrawyn :P
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Thu Nov 11 19:56:53 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: ooc I have that rod.
[Thu Nov 11 19:57:02 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc shut up
[Thu Nov 11 19:57:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc shut up, you're dead :P
[Thu Nov 11 19:57:11 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 19:58:16 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "If we can find a priest of the orl religion, it should be a lot less then 8,000 gp, maybe only 3,000"
[Thu Nov 11 19:58:24 2004] : (3) Finduilas: old religion
[Thu Nov 11 19:58:38 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc OK, who switched kbs on me?
[Thu Nov 11 19:58:39 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn consults the map, looking for more clues **
[Thu Nov 11 19:59:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "For the price we paid that map, I sure hope the temples are marked"
[Thu Nov 11 20:00:19 2004] : (2) Laucian: "So who is carrying him to the temple? Seems I may as well as Im already a mess"
[Thu Nov 11 20:00:46 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella still holds her breath **
[Thu Nov 11 20:00:54 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Let us just get OUT of here"
[Thu Nov 11 20:00:55 2004] : (4) DM: Berrawyn can see on the map that there are temples to most gods in the canal area, there's even a druid enclace dedicated to the nature of the sea
[Thu Nov 11 20:01:10 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We can do it together. Berrawyn: where to?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:01:16 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I'll lead"
[Thu Nov 11 20:01:19 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Anyone got a sack?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:01:42 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn sets off in the correct direction **
[Thu Nov 11 20:02:06 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:02:13 2004] : ** (2) Laucian scoops up the druid and follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:02:18 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas picks up Aspen and follows Berrawyn **
[Thu Nov 11 20:02:45 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc I know he's in bits, but do you have to split him up?
[Thu Nov 11 20:03:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Watch it, buster! ;)
[Thu Nov 11 20:03:36 2004] : (4) DM: Pick a god... All FR gods, except for the addition of Pelor, which is Findus deity!
[Thu Nov 11 20:03:40 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc I'll take the head :p
[Thu Nov 11 20:03:56 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc FR-> french ?
[Thu Nov 11 20:04:02 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc Silvanus is very druidic
[Thu Nov 11 20:04:20 2004] : (4) DM: FR = Forgotten realms
[Thu Nov 11 20:04:34 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc oki
[Thu Nov 11 20:04:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Just as long as it's a druid god
[Thu Nov 11 20:05:02 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc Silvanus is the oakfather
[Thu Nov 11 20:05:53 2004] : (4) DM: Ok, you all march along in the dark towards the canal district
[Thu Nov 11 20:05:55 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc silvanus it is then (subject to pricing)
[Thu Nov 11 20:06:16 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella follows the others, watching out for fog and strange noises **
[Thu Nov 11 20:07:28 2004] : (4) DM: Helping each other with the body you march to the point on the map that's marked as Silvanus Temple...
[Thu Nov 11 20:07:57 2004] : (4) DM: It's quite convenient to get to... :D
[Thu Nov 11 20:08:20 2004] : (4) DM: It's a small temple with a pleasant garden in a courtyard in front.
[Thu Nov 11 20:08:35 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn knocks on the door **
[Thu Nov 11 20:08:44 2004] : (4) DM: The gates are closed
[Thu Nov 11 20:08:58 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn knocks on the gates **
[Thu Nov 11 20:09:09 2004] : (4) DM: You notice a pull bell to your side
[Thu Nov 11 20:09:27 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas has her hands full **
[Thu Nov 11 20:09:29 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella stays a bit behind watching out for the unusual **
[Thu Nov 11 20:09:35 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn pulls on the bell **
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:15 2004] : (4) DM: After a short while, a humanoid dressed in brown robes walks through ther courtyard to the gate...
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:26 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Can I help you"
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:27 2004] : (4) Acolyte: ?
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:37 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We hope so"
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:40 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "We hope so"
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:46 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Our friend died"
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:53 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "One of our friends has been killed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:10:59 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Ah, you wish burial rites?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:07 2004] : ** (2) Laucian shows his half **
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:17 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "A blessing on the remains?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:21 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Err, not exactly"
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:29 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Actually we were hoping you could Raise him"
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:32 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Can't you help get him back to us? '
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:45 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Oh, umm perhaps you'd better come in"
[Thu Nov 11 20:11:54 2004] : ** (4) Acolyte opens the gates **
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:00 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Follow me"
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:03 2004] : ** (2) Laucian follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:05 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:06 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:30 2004] : (4) DM: The acolyte leads you through the courtyard into the termple itself.
[Thu Nov 11 20:12:37 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella follows **
[Thu Nov 11 20:13:00 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Please rest the body down, I need to fetch our head priest"
[Thu Nov 11 20:13:09 2004] : (4) Acolyte: "Please be seated while you wait"
[Thu Nov 11 20:13:17 2004] : ** (2) Laucian rest the body **
[Thu Nov 11 20:13:34 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella looks around at the temple grounds **
[Thu Nov 11 20:13:38 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas looks for a proper place to lay Aspen down and keeps standing by him **
[Thu Nov 11 20:14:19 2004] : (4) DM: After a while, the Acolyte returns with another priest
[Thu Nov 11 20:15:18 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Good evening, welcome to the temple of Silvanus, my Acolyte informs me that you have a request"
[Thu Nov 11 20:15:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Good evening"
[Thu Nov 11 20:16:03 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Good evening"
[Thu Nov 11 20:16:52 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Yes, one of our friends was recently killed and we are hoping you would be able to return him to us"
[Thu Nov 11 20:17:56 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "As he was a druid, we felt that we should come here"
[Thu Nov 11 20:18:50 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Just a few moments please, if you'd wait in the vestry"
[Thu Nov 11 20:18:59 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Thank you"
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:09 2004] : (4) DM: The priest prays for a while over the body
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:13 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn heads to the vestry **
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:22 2004] : ** (2) Laucian waits in the vestry **
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:34 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas retreats **
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:37 2004] : (4) DM: After a while he comes and fetches you
[Thu Nov 11 20:19:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Can you help him?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:20:16 2004] : (4) DM: "The body is newly dead, I can attempt the procedure, but it will have to wait until tomorrow"
[Thu Nov 11 20:20:28 2004] : (4) DM: "One question..."
[Thu Nov 11 20:20:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Yes..."
[Thu Nov 11 20:20:43 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Oh, I thought that the sooner the better"
[Thu Nov 11 20:21:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Tomorrow ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:21:20 2004] : (4) Jendal: "The procedure is very expensive in terms of material components, and other aspects cost qa large amount of money"
[Thu Nov 11 20:21:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Won"t it be too late tomorrow ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:21:34 2004] : (2) Laucian: "How much?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:21:40 2004] : (4) Jendal: "I can preserver th ebody in this state until tomorrow
[Thu Nov 11 20:22:00 2004] : (4) Jendal: "The standard cost is 8000 gold pieces"
[Thu Nov 11 20:22:42 2004] : (4) Jendal: "The temple of Kelemvor demands 2000 just for the ceremony to release the soul from the realm of the dead"
[Thu Nov 11 20:22:57 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella smirks **
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:06 2004] : (4) Jendal: The material components are 5000gp of diamonds"
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:27 2004] : (4) Jendal: "This is no laughing matter dear lady"
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:47 2004] : (4) Jendal: "then there are sundry requirements for this temple"
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:52 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella straightens her face **
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:53 2004] : (4) Jendal: "8000gp in total"
[Thu Nov 11 20:23:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You said: standard cost"
[Thu Nov 11 20:24:38 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Yes, there can be fiurther costs, in some cases, it's difficult to tell beforehand"
[Thu Nov 11 20:25:32 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Is there anything we can do to reduce the cost?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:26:14 2004] : (4) Jendal: "You could acquire the diamonds yourself perhaps, but 5000gp of diamonds is 5000gp of diamonds"
[Thu Nov 11 20:26:28 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella gasps **
[Thu Nov 11 20:26:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "5000 GP ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:26:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: wow
[Thu Nov 11 20:27:19 2004] : (4) Jendal: "I'm not sure if you realise the gravity of raising one from death. Kelemvor is a jealous guard of those who have passed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:27:46 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Then there's the power required to get the soul back into the dead body"
[Thu Nov 11 20:28:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Are you saying some deities don't require as big a sacrifice?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:29:32 2004] : (4) Jendal: "It's perhaps possible that one of the, umm, more distasteful gods whose realms cover the dead could wrest the soul from Kelemvor"
[Thu Nov 11 20:30:00 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Though, how much their preists charge for this I know not. We do not deal with them"
[Thu Nov 11 20:30:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Let us just pay the price, we can't go on a hunt for diamonds just right now, and we need Aspen back. At least, I want him back"
[Thu Nov 11 20:30:52 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Agreed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:31:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Agreed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:31:10 2004] : (4) Jendal: "The only other way to bypass this is to get one of my compatriots who deals with nature itself to create a new body and to put the soul into that. I believe that they call it reincarnation."
[Thu Nov 11 20:31:36 2004] : (2) Laucian: "hmmm"
[Thu Nov 11 20:31:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "That sounds a bit too experimental to me"
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:03 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "A new body? Do we think he'd like that?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:20 2004] : (2) Laucian: "And the cost of this?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:22 2004] : (4) DM: spot checks
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:31 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:31 2004] : (2) Laucian: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Nov 11 20:32:32 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Nov 11 20:33:00 2004] : (4) DM: "I'm not sure, but I believe that the difficulty is lessened, therefore less diamonds are needed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:33:01 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Nov 11 20:33:33 2004] : (4) DM: "Although they still need to release the soul, so a priest of Kelemvor is still needed"
[Thu Nov 11 20:33:33 2004] : (2) Laucian: "The choice is not mine to make"
[Thu Nov 11 20:33:42 2004] : ** (2) Laucian steps away **
[Thu Nov 11 20:34:33 2004] : (4) DM: Findus, laucian and Berrawyn see Softpaw padding surreptitiously into the temple, although Laucian doesn't know who he is
[Thu Nov 11 20:35:00 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas goes over to Softpaw **
[Thu Nov 11 20:35:02 2004] : (4) DM: He's padding around, sniffing
[Thu Nov 11 20:35:03 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn holds out his hand to softpaw **
[Thu Nov 11 20:35:33 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Softpaw: your friend has died, but we're having him return to you"
[Thu Nov 11 20:37:21 2004] : (4) DM: Softpaw nuzzles the corpse
[Thu Nov 11 20:37:40 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas kneels down besides him **
[Thu Nov 11 20:38:17 2004] : (4) DM: "The choice is yours"
[Thu Nov 11 20:38:17 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Tell us: would he like to have a new body or would he prefer his old one?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:38:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "As if Softpaw was going to answer..."
[Thu Nov 11 20:38:44 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Jendal, you would know best the wishes of a druid, what should be done?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:38:45 2004] : (4) Jendal: "I can have one of my priests ask him if you wish"
[Thu Nov 11 20:39:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You can? Please do, I don't want to decide anything he wouldn't want"
[Thu Nov 11 20:39:17 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I agree with Laucian. What would you have done if you were in that position ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:39:31 2004] : ** (4) Jendal speaks with his acolyte **
[Thu Nov 11 20:39:48 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We should raise him"
[Thu Nov 11 20:40:02 2004] : (4) DM: The acolyte disappears, then comes back after a short while
[Thu Nov 11 20:40:58 2004] : (4) DM: Acolyte speaks with the Priest
[Thu Nov 11 20:40:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Just because we want him raised doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. We should honour his wishes"
[Thu Nov 11 20:41:30 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Umm, it appears that none of my priests has the Speak with dead spell memorised"
[Thu Nov 11 20:41:52 2004] : (4) Jendal: "I shall dispatch Hervaz here to fetch a preiest of Kelemvor"
[Thu Nov 11 20:42:34 2004] : (4) DM: You all waiting patiently?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:42:58 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc Of course
[Thu Nov 11 20:43:06 2004] : (4) DM: Shortly a preist in Grey robes appears
[Thu Nov 11 20:43:07 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc What else?
[Thu Nov 11 20:43:27 2004] : (4) DM: "Hello, I understand that you wish to speak with a corpse?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:44:02 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Hello, yes we would. Or rather, we would like to know his opinion about being raised"
[Thu Nov 11 20:44:35 2004] : (4) DM: "There will be a cost for this service"
[Thu Nov 11 20:44:48 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "There will be a cost for this service"
[Thu Nov 11 20:45:05 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Of course"
[Thu Nov 11 20:45:07 2004] : (2) Laucian: "isnt there always"
[Thu Nov 11 20:45:12 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: ooc anyone know where the table is for calculating spell cost
[Thu Nov 11 20:45:34 2004] : ** (2) Laucian fids somewhere comfortable to sit and starts studying his spellbook **
[Thu Nov 11 20:46:01 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Can we afford this and the raise dead?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:46:15 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: ooc page 149
[Thu Nov 11 20:46:46 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: ooc of DMG?
[Thu Nov 11 20:46:53 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "If the cost isn't too high I will pay for this spell"
[Thu Nov 11 20:46:53 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: ooc yes.
[Thu Nov 11 20:47:22 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: ooc ta
[Thu Nov 11 20:47:38 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "The cost is 180 gold pieces"
[Thu Nov 11 20:47:48 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas pays the priest **
[Thu Nov 11 20:48:11 2004] : ** (4) priest of Kelemvor casts Speak with Dead **
[Thu Nov 11 20:48:25 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "Ahem"
[Thu Nov 11 20:48:32 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "Is there anybody there?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:48:49 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc I paid for someone clearing his throat?
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:00 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "..."
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:14 2004] : (4) DM: The priest is able to contact Aspen
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:14 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella startles **
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:29 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "You have 3 questions"
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:34 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Can we ask him questions ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:49:35 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "Choose them well"
[Thu Nov 11 20:50:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Aspen: do you want to return to life?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:50:41 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "All beings return to life. Such is the cycle of life."
[Thu Nov 11 20:51:02 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn rolls his eyes **
[Thu Nov 11 20:51:05 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Druids!"
[Thu Nov 11 20:51:52 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Finduilas : you do the talking, but do it quick"
[Thu Nov 11 20:52:18 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Aspen: do you want us to raise you to your last life again?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:53:51 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "That is not a decision made by a humble life in these vast world. Whether one lives or dies is left to nature."
[Thu Nov 11 20:54:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You ask a druid *what he wants* and he answers in platitudes"
[Thu Nov 11 20:54:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Well...at this point, it seems it is up to us to decide I would say"
[Thu Nov 11 20:55:08 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "So we raise him now and be blamed later? Fine by me"
[Thu Nov 11 20:55:41 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Fine by me too"
[Thu Nov 11 20:55:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "One last question then. Aspen: do you object to being raised?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:55:55 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc he might throw us a fit " la Buffy", but I couldn't care less
[Thu Nov 11 20:56:04 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Thu Nov 11 20:57:31 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Maybe reincarnation would be best, if hes not happy he may not be in a form that can shout at us about it"
[Thu Nov 11 20:57:35 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "An interesting question. Where I dead would I be in a position to object?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:57:55 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Aspen, you ARE dead"
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You *are* dear, you fool!"
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:05 2004] : (3) Finduilas: dead
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:23 2004] : ** (1) Aspen's Corpse is back to being a lifeless corpse. **
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:26 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "I'm sorry, but that is all I can do"
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:46 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: "Will ypu be needing one of us tomorrow?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:58:50 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "So now ?"
[Thu Nov 11 20:59:11 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Raise him"
[Thu Nov 11 20:59:20 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Yes"
[Thu Nov 11 20:59:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "He didn't object, did he?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:14 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Fine, let us do it"
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Geie them the money"
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc give
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:35 2004] : (4) priest of Kelemvor: ooc I hope none of you are looking at the reincarnate spell in the PHB to get ideas... I'd be using the list in the 3.5e book, it's much more sensible. So stop IT!!
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:41 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas hands over 8,000 gp **
[Thu Nov 11 21:00:55 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Let them do thier business and let us come back tomorrow to get yelled at if need be"
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:02 2004] : (4) DM: You were carrying 8000 gp between you?
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:02 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc /me immediatly goes to look at the spell
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:06 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas gets her 3.5 rulebook **
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:24 2004] : (4) DM: Err, I did say stop looking!
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:50 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc :P
[Thu Nov 11 21:01:55 2004] : (4) DM: I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that you were carrying 8000 gold pieces
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:05 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc ahh, but we hadn't actually started at that point :P
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:12 2004] : (4) DM: That's 800lbs of gold
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:19 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc party fund, that's why Finduilas always clinks when she moves silently
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:23 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc can we make a down payment then?
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:30 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: ooc unless you're a cleric/druid of appropriate level you wouldn't know what the spell did unless you went and researched it. IMO.
[Thu Nov 11 21:02:32 2004] : (2) Laucian: ooc they hadnt even gone to thier rooms in the inn when all this happened, they have everything but horses
[Thu Nov 11 21:03:30 2004] : (4) DM: I'll accept the payment, but you'll have to start trading gold to something more portable in the future
[Thu Nov 11 21:03:41 2004] : ** (4) Jendal gasps **
[Thu Nov 11 21:03:51 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc we havn't got any left now!! :P
[Thu Nov 11 21:04:03 2004] : (4) Jendal: "My, my... But you are all rich (and very strong!)"
[Thu Nov 11 21:04:18 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Thu Nov 11 21:04:19 2004] : (4) Jendal: "I shall make the arrangements for the morning"
[Thu Nov 11 21:04:38 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "What time?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:04:45 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Sunrise"
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:03 2004] : (4) DM: OK, you all going straight to the hotel etc?
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Yes
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:22 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Yes
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:32 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella heads back to the inn **
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:39 2004] : ** (2) Laucian heads for a bath **
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:50 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn trudges back to the hotel **
[Thu Nov 11 21:05:53 2004] : (4) DM: Time turns, the fire burns. Everyone gets a good night's rest and a bath.
[Thu Nov 11 21:06:09 2004] : (4) DM: It's now shortly before sunrise
[Thu Nov 11 21:06:10 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas spends a *long* time in the tub **
[Thu Nov 11 21:06:22 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn wonders what happened to the man we rescued **
[Thu Nov 11 21:06:32 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas gets up for her morning meditation **
[Thu Nov 11 21:07:10 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella has gotten up early, packed her things and gotten ready **
[Thu Nov 11 21:07:15 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella goes down for breakfast **
[Thu Nov 11 21:07:25 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn goes to check on the animals **
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:04 2004] : (4) DM: The animals are fine
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:10 2004] : (4) DM: OK all headed back?
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:16 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella talks to the (few ?) people present to try and gather information about the town, the funky beast an the reincarnation process **
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:44 2004] : ** (2) Laucian takes a detour for a new outfit to replace the one ruined **
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Thu Nov 11 21:09:57 2004] : (4) DM: Umm Gather information takes hours
[Thu Nov 11 21:10:30 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc ok, then I don't gather any
[Thu Nov 11 21:10:32 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc :)
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:01 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn asks the innkeeper what happened to the man **
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:07 2004] : (4) DM: You can find out some basic info on the city easily though
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:38 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc k
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:42 2004] : (4) inkeep: Umm, I think his mother came looking for him
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:49 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Thu Nov 11 21:11:59 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas skips breakfast **
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:01 2004] : (4) inkeep: "Took him off to a temple I believe"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:04 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Everyone ready ?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:13 2004] : (6) Farkenella: " We need to go to the temple too"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:14 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Ahh, so atleast he wil be ok"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:14 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I'm going to the temple, anyone else coming?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:23 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I am"
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:43 2004] : (4) DM: OK, meanwhile, back at the temple...
[Thu Nov 11 21:12:57 2004] : (4) DM: There's a huge amount of adornment and candles
[Thu Nov 11 21:13:14 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas runs over **
[Thu Nov 11 21:13:46 2004] : (4) DM: The priest of Kelemvor performs some incantations and the like, he requests the release of the soul
[Thu Nov 11 21:13:48 2004] : ** (2) Laucian catches up **
[Thu Nov 11 21:14:23 2004] : (4) DM: Then the priest of Silvanus takes over, sprinkles the diamonds on the body...
[Thu Nov 11 21:14:50 2004] : (4) DM: Then there's a huge chorus of incantation from about 10 priests
[Thu Nov 11 21:14:59 2004] : (4) DM: Big mass type affair
[Thu Nov 11 21:15:37 2004] : (4) DM: Suddenly, Aspen's body glows somewhat and the diamonds evaporate
[Thu Nov 11 21:15:40 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella watches in awe **
[Thu Nov 11 21:15:42 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas looks on **
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:02 2004] : (4) DM: Aspen's body emits a scream...
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:22 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas shields her ears **
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:29 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: Aspen's eye flicker open....
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:33 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "Whaaa...?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:47 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Aspen!"
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:53 2004] : (4) DM: Aspen still looks pretty bloody
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:54 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "Ahhh. Where am I?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:16:57 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Hi there"
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:10 2004] : (1) Aspen's Corpse: "Oww. That hurt."
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:11 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas goes to Aspen **
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:12 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn smiles **
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:25 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I'm not surprised it hurt"
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:43 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "You were in pretty bad shape yesterday"
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:51 2004] : (4) DM: The priest smiles
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:55 2004] : ** (1) Aspen's Corpse gets up slowly and sits on the altar thingy. **
[Thu Nov 11 21:17:59 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Welcome back my son"
[Thu Nov 11 21:18:13 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Do you require healing?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:18:29 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Er. Yes. Thanks. Ouch."
[Thu Nov 11 21:18:47 2004] : (4) DM: An acolyte stands there with a collection plate
[Thu Nov 11 21:18:58 2004] : ** (1) Aspen looks down his ripped and bloody clothes and looks and bit shocked. **
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:02 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas drops 100 gp in **
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:11 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Oh. Of course."
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:30 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella looks at Aspen **
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:41 2004] : (1) Aspen: Fishes out some 100 gp and heaps it on to the plate.
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:41 2004] : (4) Jendal: Huerney White-eye casts Cure Light Wounds ( level 1, "Cures 1d8+1/level damage (max +5) [1d8+5] -> [3,5] = (8)." )
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:47 2004] : (4) Jendal: umm
[Thu Nov 11 21:19:57 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Huerney? LOL
[Thu Nov 11 21:20:05 2004] : (4) Jendal: [1d8+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Nov 11 21:20:26 2004] : (4) Jendal: ooc CLW is 90GP from him
[Thu Nov 11 21:20:41 2004] : (4) Jendal: [2d8+9] -> [5,2,9] = (16)
[Thu Nov 11 21:20:54 2004] : (4) Jendal: "The last is a gift from us"
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:00 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc Argh, Huerney from the dead !
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:16 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Go in peace brother"
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Thank you. You are most kind. Perhaps in the future I may be in a position to pay your temple some service."
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:31 2004] : ** (5) Berrawyn helps Aspen stand **
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:33 2004] : (4) Jendal: ooc I make that 32 HP healed
[Thu Nov 11 21:21:57 2004] : (4) Jendal: "Perhaps, although your friends have already paid us amply"
[Thu Nov 11 21:22:12 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Now. We have some unfinished business. Let us be on our way."
[Thu Nov 11 21:22:45 2004] : (1) Aspen: "That thing in the fog? What was it? It was surely not natural."
[Thu Nov 11 21:23:11 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "We have already dealt with that, Aspen"
[Thu Nov 11 21:23:34 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "So I guess you won't yell at us"
[Thu Nov 11 21:23:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: 'Good"
[Thu Nov 11 21:23:38 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Good!" (rather emphatically)
[Thu Nov 11 21:23:45 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It's dead, as you were"
[Thu Nov 11 21:24:13 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Unfortunately we were not quick enough to kill it first"
[Thu Nov 11 21:25:24 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "So Aspen, how was it on the other side of the fence ?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:25:31 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Um. Yes. My fault really I should have been more cautious. I... thank you for raising me."
[Thu Nov 11 21:26:03 2004] : (1) Aspen: "The other side? I'm not sure. It's all a bit hazy."
[Thu Nov 11 21:26:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: "And besides the 'other side' is merely the start of a different journey and a different life."
[Thu Nov 11 21:26:41 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I think hazy is probably for the best"
[Thu Nov 11 21:26:43 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Of course"
[Thu Nov 11 21:27:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Interesting. Shall we try and find out what this thing was that attacked us ?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:27:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Most definately."
[Thu Nov 11 21:27:30 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Sure, sounds like a plan"
[Thu Nov 11 21:27:32 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Who would we ask?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:02 2004] : (1) Aspen: "I suggest a look during the daylight. Perhaps there are some clues or a trail to follow."
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:20 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "no time like the present"
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:31 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Er. Is it tomorrow already then?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:37 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Well, we might try and ask them first ?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:42 2004] : ** (6) Farkenella points at the priests **
[Thu Nov 11 21:28:42 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Although, perhaps we should get you some new clothes"
[Thu Nov 11 21:29:21 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It's just after sunrise, Aspen"
[Thu Nov 11 21:30:18 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Oh, right. It wouldn't be appropriate to wander town looking like this."
[Thu Nov 11 21:30:32 2004] : ** (1) Aspen heads out of the temple **
[Thu Nov 11 21:31:21 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Were you people just wandering around aimlessly or did you have a purpose here in town?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:31:34 2004] : (4) DM: ooc your armour is OK, just your clothes torn to bits
[Thu Nov 11 21:31:49 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "We wander a lot Laucian"
[Thu Nov 11 21:32:18 2004] : (2) Laucian: "Just curious"
[Thu Nov 11 21:32:24 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Well, I need to find a shop that sells practical and functional clothes (looking Laucian's gaudy outfit up and down)."
[Thu Nov 11 21:32:42 2004] : (4) DM: In the light of day,you can see the strange bone-like structures that have grown over parts of the city
[Thu Nov 11 21:33:13 2004] : ** (2) Laucian wanders out after Aspen **
[Thu Nov 11 21:33:17 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Um. Thoses weren't their yesterday were they?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:33:18 2004] : (4) DM: In fact you have to walk past some to get to the hotel
[Thu Nov 11 21:33:37 2004] : (1) Aspen: "That most definately doesn't look normal."
[Thu Nov 11 21:33:45 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "I didn't notice them earlier"
[Thu Nov 11 21:34:12 2004] : (4) DM: they were there, but you didn't notice them, in the dark
[Thu Nov 11 21:34:15 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Neither did I"
[Thu Nov 11 21:34:26 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I have a few things, but I doubt you'd fit in them"
[Thu Nov 11 21:34:42 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "That must be what that guard was talking about"
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:35 2004] : (4) DM: Int checks everyone
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:44 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: Int check: [1d20+0] -> [11,0] = (11)
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:48 2004] : (1) Aspen: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:59 2004] : (2) Laucian: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Thu Nov 11 21:35:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:06 2004] : (2) Laucian: "ug"
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:18 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc brb phone
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:24 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas hands Laucion some smart drugs **
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:27 2004] : (6) Farkenella: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:34 2004] : (4) DM: GAME PAUSE
[Thu Nov 11 21:36:59 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: brb, making tea+toast :)
[Thu Nov 11 21:44:47 2004] : (4) DM: Is Del still on the phone or is she back?
[Thu Nov 11 21:45:02 2004] : (3) Finduilas: She never said she was back
[Thu Nov 11 21:45:03 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: back
[Thu Nov 11 21:45:22 2004] : (4) DM: just that she rolled again afterwards
[Thu Nov 11 21:45:48 2004] : (3) Finduilas: That was ages ago
[Thu Nov 11 21:46:26 2004] : (4) DM: I know, but she may have been waiting
[Thu Nov 11 21:46:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: If she was, she would have said by now :)
[Thu Nov 11 21:49:01 2004] : (4) DM: I do wish that there was a way of refreshing the image in the map
[Thu Nov 11 21:49:49 2004] : (1) Aspen: You have to name it something different. A bit lame.
[Thu Nov 11 21:49:53 2004] : (4) DM: It seems to cache it, then you can't update it without changing the name of the file
[Thu Nov 11 21:50:01 2004] : (4) DM: LOL
[Thu Nov 11 21:50:13 2004] : (3) Finduilas: Just a bit ;)
[Thu Nov 11 21:50:18 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: what are the marked places, or are we about to find out?
[Thu Nov 11 21:51:42 2004] : (4) DM: Umm, what marked places?
[Thu Nov 11 21:51:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: On the right
[Thu Nov 11 21:51:54 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: on the map
[Thu Nov 11 21:51:56 2004] : (4) DM: One is the temple, the other was the cave in the rubble
[Thu Nov 11 21:52:12 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: not those ones
[Thu Nov 11 21:52:18 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: on the bigger map
[Thu Nov 11 21:52:25 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: 2 on the right and 1 at the bottom
[Thu Nov 11 21:52:30 2004] : (4) DM: umm
[Thu Nov 11 21:52:59 2004] : (1) Aspen: someone forgot to delete the marks?
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:06 2004] : (4) DM: Well, I was planning on calling it a night at 10pm, is that ok with everyone?
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:13 2004] : (1) Aspen: yup
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:15 2004] : (6) Farkenella: ooc back
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:25 2004] : (3) Finduilas: That's up to the DM :)
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:25 2004] : (4) DM: GAME RESUME
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:27 2004] : (3) Finduilas: wb :)
[Thu Nov 11 21:53:35 2004] : (4) DM: ooc so you've got 10 minutes
[Thu Nov 11 21:54:01 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Let's have a look at the body again, there might be a reward and we could sure use the money"
[Thu Nov 11 21:54:23 2004] : (1) Aspen: I stop at a shop on the way and get kitted out with new clothes.
[Thu Nov 11 21:54:46 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "I suppose we could indeed"
[Thu Nov 11 21:55:24 2004] : (4) DM: ooc doesn't sound like it if you had 8000gp without selling anything!
[Thu Nov 11 21:55:53 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc Party fund just about all gone now :(
[Thu Nov 11 21:55:59 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Then we should find out what these strange bone-like structures are"
[Thu Nov 11 21:56:08 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Er. I don't think money is an issue here."
[Thu Nov 11 21:56:42 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "But rather than a reward, I am actually curious to find out what this thing really was"
[Thu Nov 11 21:56:45 2004] : (4) DM: ok, you wander back to the general area, with Aspen picking up some clothes...
[Thu Nov 11 21:57:05 2004] : (1) Aspen: Are any of the people out seem bothered by the bone structures?
[Thu Nov 11 21:57:06 2004] : (4) DM: The only clothes available at this hour are basic peasanty stuff
[Thu Nov 11 21:57:12 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "First we should take a look at that cave"
[Thu Nov 11 21:57:20 2004] : (4) DM: People steer clear
[Thu Nov 11 21:58:24 2004] : (4) DM: As you approach the alleyway, you can see about 10 people standing at the end of it
[Thu Nov 11 21:58:45 2004] : (1) Aspen: (to a random person) "What's going on here? What are you looking at?"
[Thu Nov 11 21:59:16 2004] : (4) DM: "There's a dead thing down there"
[Thu Nov 11 21:59:26 2004] : (4) DM: "And a load of dead bodies"
[Thu Nov 11 21:59:38 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Don't worry, we're here to clean up"
[Thu Nov 11 21:59:51 2004] : (4) DM: A random denizen throws a stone at the hag corpse
[Thu Nov 11 22:00:10 2004] : (1) Aspen: Is the town guard about?
[Thu Nov 11 22:00:12 2004] : (4) denizen: "Are you a guard then?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:00:18 2004] : (4) DM: no
[Thu Nov 11 22:00:39 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Um. No. Adventurers I suppose. Where *is* the town guard?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:00:46 2004] : (4) DM: The city folk just look scared but interested
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:02 2004] : (4) denizen: "No idea friend"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:25 2004] : (4) denizen: "I think there's some dead people down there too"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:29 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "I'm sorry to have frightened you, but we didn't have time to remove those bodies earlier"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:39 2004] : (1) Aspen: "Been troubled by hags previously?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:43 2004] : (4) denizen: "Umm, what?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:50 2004] : (1) Aspen: "This sort of thing happen often?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:01:55 2004] : (4) denizen: "Hags?, huh?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:06 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Have there been reports of people going missing?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:08 2004] : (4) denizen: "We get the occasional missing body"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:17 2004] : (4) denizen: ooc err person
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:20 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "At least we made sure that creature won't cause more casualties"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:30 2004] : (4) denizen: "So you did this?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:42 2004] : (4) denizen: "Did you kill all these people too?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:45 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Just her, not the others"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:48 2004] : ** (4) denizen backs away **
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:50 2004] : ** (3) Finduilas points at the hag **
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:59 2004] : (4) denizen: "Oh, phew"
[Thu Nov 11 22:02:59 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "She killed those people"
[Thu Nov 11 22:03:00 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "She... It killed them"
[Thu Nov 11 22:03:05 2004] : ** (4) denizen wipes his head **
[Thu Nov 11 22:03:15 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "She ? that was hardly a "she" !"
[Thu Nov 11 22:03:34 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "It was when we saw it first"
[Thu Nov 11 22:03:50 2004] : (4) denizen: "I don't know nothin"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:05 2004] : (4) denizen: "We jus wondered if anybody we knew was there"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:16 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "On lookers indeed"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:21 2004] : (4) denizen: "A local mage has gone missing see"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:36 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "A local mage ? Which local mage ?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:40 2004] : (4) denizen: "Jus a hedge-wizard sort of bloke"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:41 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Tell us more"
[Thu Nov 11 22:04:51 2004] : (4) denizen: "Not much more than us here"
[Thu Nov 11 22:05:05 2004] : (4) denizen: "JI jus know he went missing is all"
[Thu Nov 11 22:05:10 2004] : (1) Aspen: Aspen moves over to the bodies. Are any of them recognizable?
[Thu Nov 11 22:05:15 2004] : (4) denizen: "I jus know he went missing is all"
[Thu Nov 11 22:05:30 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "Where would we find out information about him?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:05:41 2004] : (4) DM: They're pretty mangled, except the two from last night who are recognisable
[Thu Nov 11 22:06:35 2004] : (4) denizen: "Dunno, you could ask at the town hall, or the guard house. I guess his family would have told the guard he was missing"
[Thu Nov 11 22:07:01 2004] : (5) Berrawyn: "shall we head for the town hall?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:07:29 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "Would that be the bloke we saved last night ?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:07:30 2004] : (1) Aspen: Walking back to the group. "Really, the town guard should be here and dealling with the situation. Time to pay their commander a visit I think."
[Thu Nov 11 22:07:36 2004] : (3) Finduilas: "Maybe one of us should, while the rest stays here"
[Thu Nov 11 22:07:45 2004] : (6) Farkenella: "And could it be that his mother was not his mother after all ?"
[Thu Nov 11 22:08:26 2004] : (4) DM: they were just some middle class young men looking for fun
[Thu Nov 11 22:08:52 2004] : (3) Finduilas: ooc And they found more than they bargained for
[Thu Nov 11 22:08:55 2004] : (4) DM: And on that note - gonna call it a night here
[Thu Nov 11 22:08:58 2004] : (4) DM: GAME END