Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 08 October 2003

[Wed Oct 8 19:15:46 2003] : (3046) DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 8 19:15:47 2003] : (3048) Enilia: But you fixed it again David, didn't you?
[Wed Oct 8 19:15:50 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: All set? Craig's planning to finish us all of today ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:16:15 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ready when you lot are
[Wed Oct 8 19:16:23 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc Apache broke?
[Wed Oct 8 19:16:48 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas eats breakfast **
[Wed Oct 8 19:16:49 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Apache? The instrumental by The Shadows?
[Wed Oct 8 19:16:57 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:13 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Got that in techno mix, cool :P
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:23 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:38 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc the Shadows?? I thought they were too busy being Bablon 5 baddies to make music
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:44 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia has breakfast while packing her stuff **
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:48 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc boom boom
[Wed Oct 8 19:17:56 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Apache is ooooooold
[Wed Oct 8 19:18:19 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc Apache the webserver.
[Wed Oct 8 19:18:38 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I can't stop thinking about those hands
[Wed Oct 8 19:18:51 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Me neither
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:01 2003] : (3053) Arkannath (enter): 19:19
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:03 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia shudders **
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:05 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Quite creepy
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:11 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Hi Henry :D
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:13 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: That guy is too awful for words
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:16 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc HI ALL!!!! :-)
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Hooc Hi, Henry :D
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:22 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Don't. That what he wants. He wants to be in control but we know he isn't right?"
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:23 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc hi
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:26 2003] : (3046) DM: You are all just at the West of the map
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:50 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Of course he isn't
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:55 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Right Aspen..... *shudders again*
[Wed Oct 8 19:19:57 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: He's still creepy
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: But you're right, he'll learn he can't intimidate us
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:16 2003] : (3046) DM: Map for log
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:23 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas tries a small smile **
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:39 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia tries to keep her breakfast down **
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:46 2003] : ** (3046) DM smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 19:20:55 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn has a quick breakfast **
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:05 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas tries to bash the DM's head in ;) **
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:10 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:14 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Well, no reason to hang around here.
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:17 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc roll it ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:23 2003] : (3054) Farkenella (enter): 19:21
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:31 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Hi Delphine
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:40 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Hi, Delphine, you're nice and early :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:40 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc Hi Delphine :) Fixed it?
[Wed Oct 8 19:21:50 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn gathers his pack, and preps his horse **
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:05 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas gets ready to ride out **
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:07 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc not fixed, I managed to start it last night, and never stopped it since
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:13 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella gets ready to ride out too **
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:14 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia finishes eating and packing and puts Zero on her shoulder again **
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:16 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc hi Del
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:28 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc LOL @ Del
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:49 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc hi all :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:22:53 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc am i LATE ,
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:00 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc oops caps late ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:09 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Not at all, Delphine :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:24 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia mounts **
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:25 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen rides on. **
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:26 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc ool
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:33 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:34 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc just started
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:35 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc where we goin ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:23:46 2003] : (3046) DM: You are all just at the West of the map
[Wed Oct 8 19:24:09 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc We just finished breakfast, not going anywhere yet
[Wed Oct 8 19:24:35 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Too late; already going :P
[Wed Oct 8 19:24:53 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas mounts and rides out **
[Wed Oct 8 19:25:04 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia looks back for the others **
[Wed Oct 8 19:25:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: First to Nestris?
[Wed Oct 8 19:25:27 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: well we're halfway there already
[Wed Oct 8 19:25:51 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Yes. Might as well sort out that blackmailer as we're passing."
[Wed Oct 8 19:25:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: How do you feel, Farkenella?
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:14 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes, he could do with a lesson :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:15 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc /me is sick, does that count ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:22 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: I've been thinking about our deadline
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:29 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes?
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:43 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Five days, ought to know by now....
[Wed Oct 8 19:26:58 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I am fine, thank you Finduilas
[Wed Oct 8 19:27:00 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Well, if he's expecting us in 5 days, maybe if we show up in 4 he'll be a little off guard
[Wed Oct 8 19:27:31 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I see no need to delay our coming any more than necessary, so hwhy not? :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:27:34 2003] : (3048) Enilia: True.... But we *did* promise to take care of the blackmailer
[Wed Oct 8 19:28:19 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella observes the scene...trying to think **
[Wed Oct 8 19:28:30 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes, Enilia, I meant right after Nestris, we still have plenty of time :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:28:39 2003] : (3048) Enilia: :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:28:52 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: brb, (2 mins)
[Wed Oct 8 19:29:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: *plenty* of time ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:29:32 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: After all, we can't have an elderman that can be blackmalied
[Wed Oct 8 19:29:39 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: mailed
[Wed Oct 8 19:29:47 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Five days to 1- go there, 2- find a plan (and we know how quick we are at finding plans !) 3- kill the orc 4- rest
[Wed Oct 8 19:29:54 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Or anyone else for that matter
[Wed Oct 8 19:30:07 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella nods at Enilia **
[Wed Oct 8 19:30:09 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: agreed
[Wed Oct 8 19:30:45 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes, a plan
[Wed Oct 8 19:30:52 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I am not sure showing up a day earlier will exactly throw him off guard mind you
[Wed Oct 8 19:31:04 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I still don't know what to do about that orc
[Wed Oct 8 19:31:10 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: it's not like we've been exactly quiet these past few days
[Wed Oct 8 19:31:41 2003] : (3048) Enilia: We'll think of something, we have to!
[Wed Oct 8 19:31:44 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Anything he doesn't expect should help us
[Wed Oct 8 19:32:45 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas rides a bit faster, lost in thought **
[Wed Oct 8 19:32:47 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, you trot along at about 6 miles an hour
[Wed Oct 8 19:32:53 2003] : (3046) DM: After 40 minutes...
[Wed Oct 8 19:33:04 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d5] -> [3] = (3)
[Wed Oct 8 19:33:17 2003] : (3046) DM: Aspen Ride check please
[Wed Oct 8 19:33:51 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Wed Oct 8 19:34:19 2003] : (3046) DM: Under your horse a large insectoid appears
[Wed Oct 8 19:34:37 2003] : (3046) DM: Ankheg - Improved grapple: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 19:34:54 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc oi! i hate anhegs!
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:03 2003] : (3046) DM: It fails to grapple your horse, but you can't control oit and it runs off north
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:04 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc so do I
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:09 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Who doesn't? ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:16 2003] : (3046) DM: About 120ft
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:21 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia halts! **
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:24 2003] : (3046) DM: Initiative?
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc the horse?
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:28 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Initiative Enilia: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:30 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas halts **
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Initiative Farkenella : [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:35 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:35 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Initiative Finduilas: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Wed Oct 8 19:35:56 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc mmm.... ankheg plate, remember to go to Beregost!
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:12 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc 500gp a load :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:18 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc nice colour too :P
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:48 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc You have 4000gp to have one made?
[Wed Oct 8 19:36:48 2003] : (3046) DM: OK me first
[Wed Oct 8 19:37:17 2003] : (3046) DM: MArk positions
[Wed Oct 8 19:37:19 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Wed Oct 8 19:37:38 2003] : (3046) DM: It lunges at Farky
[Wed Oct 8 19:37:52 2003] : (3046) DM: Ankheg Bite: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> [2d6+7] -> [3,4,7] = (14)
[Wed Oct 8 19:37:52 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc make the map bigger, I want to be far away ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:00 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:11 2003] : (3046) DM: it's gone for both you and the hose, 1 =you
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:15 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:18 2003] : (3046) DM: YUO
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:20 2003] : (3046) DM: You
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:26 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:28 2003] : (3046) DM: HIt
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:44 2003] : (3046) DM: Your turn Farky
[Wed Oct 8 19:38:54 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella bleeds all over **
[Wed Oct 8 19:39:03 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc how many HP, 14 is it ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:39:09 2003] : (3046) DM: yup
[Wed Oct 8 19:39:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Ouch
[Wed Oct 8 19:39:31 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc it's only CR3, but seems much harder
[Wed Oct 8 19:39:51 2003] : (3046) DM: Your turn Farky
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:12 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc can I have my horse attack ? It's a heavy horse, not a war horse or anything
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:18 2003] : (3046) DM: Yes
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:21 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc back (Sorry bout that)
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:32 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Good to have you back :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:34 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc ride check at DC 20.
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:34 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Hoof (x2) (base): [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:35 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Hoof (x2) (second): [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:36 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Just in time :P
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:47 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc (tech support next door :( )
[Wed Oct 8 19:40:54 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:00 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Tell them to wait ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:01 2003] : (3046) DM: It fails
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:22 2003] : (3046) DM: Actually it hits once, but you fail to be in control
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:28 2003] : (3046) DM: dex chaeck
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:36 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Dex check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 19:41:45 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu stay on, it runs away
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:00 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc good, I wanted to run away anyway :P
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:06 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:07 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:17 2003] : (3046) DM: Enilia?
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:18 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc do I still have an action or must I control my horse ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:22 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Initiative Berrawyn: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:26 2003] : (3046) DM: Control the horse
[Wed Oct 8 19:42:34 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc k, I control the horse then
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:04 2003] : (3046) DM: Enilia?
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:09 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia casts Mage Armour on self, +4 to AC (now 15) **
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:34 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc does that need a ride check in combat?
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:42 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc I think so
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:55 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Wed Oct 8 19:43:56 2003] : (3046) DM: Ride check
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:05 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc for a war horse the DC is 5.
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:05 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc byeeee ;)
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:13 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu fail to keep the horse in check while casting, the spell is lost
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:24 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc Oh, OK
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:25 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia swears **
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:26 2003] : (3046) DM: You make it
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:28 2003] : (3046) DM: LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:35 2003] : (3046) DM: Aspen?
[Wed Oct 8 19:44:38 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia doesn't swear :P **
[Wed Oct 8 19:45:09 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 19:45:20 2003] : (3049) Aspen: I dismount and cast hold animal on the ahkheg
[Wed Oct 8 19:45:32 2003] : (3049) Aspen: DC = ... erm...
[Wed Oct 8 19:45:46 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu need a ride check for dismount
[Wed Oct 8 19:45:59 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:12 2003] : (3046) DM: Cool
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:21 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu dismount like apro
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:28 2003] : (3046) DM: You dismount like a pro
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:29 2003] : (3049) Aspen: 10+2+3 = 15.
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:33 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc D'oh!
[Wed Oct 8 19:46:52 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:05 2003] : (3046) DM: It ois now held in your spell
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:13 2003] : (3046) DM: Findus?
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Halfspear +1 thrown (base): [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Critical hit? [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [3d6+6] -> [3,4,1,6] = (14)
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:21 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Oh darn. That was a waste. That spell doesn't work on beasts."
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:43 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Wed Oct 8 19:47:54 2003] : (3046) DM: it shakes off the spell!
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:00 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:05 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia gasps **
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:07 2003] : (3046) DM: It shuddes as the spear embeds itself
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:08 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc :(
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:25 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc should have checked the book before casting it. Oh well.
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:27 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc Aspen knew that though, you can go again
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:53 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc A mistake in the heat of the battle.
[Wed Oct 8 19:48:54 2003] : (3046) DM: Aspen
[Wed Oct 8 19:49:17 2003] : (3046) DM: OK
[Wed Oct 8 19:49:22 2003] : (3046) DM: Berrawyn?
[Wed Oct 8 19:49:46 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn lets loose an arrow at the beast **
[Wed Oct 8 19:49:50 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Comp S'Bow M+2 (base): [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 19:49:57 2003] : (3046) DM: Ride check
[Wed Oct 8 19:50:06 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Wed Oct 8 19:50:29 2003] : (3046) DM: Your arrow pierces its thorax with a spurt of juices
[Wed Oct 8 19:50:39 2003] : (3048) Enilia: yuck
[Wed Oct 8 19:50:53 2003] : (3046) DM: Ankheg rages in pain and attacks...
[Wed Oct 8 19:50:54 2003] : (3046) DM: [1d4+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:04 2003] : (3046) DM: Finduilas
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:07 2003] : (3046) DM: Ankheg Bite: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12) ===> [2d6+7] -> [4,5,7] = (16)
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:07 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn wipes his face with a sleeve **
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:32 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: You'll have to do better that that :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:37 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc that thould have been 2, but never mind, was random anyway
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:38 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: than that
[Wed Oct 8 19:51:46 2003] : (3046) DM: Farky?
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:07 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella notches an arrow and shoots **
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:15 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: after dismounting
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:28 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:29 2003] : (3046) DM: YOU can dismount easily
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:31 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc how far away is it?
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:33 2003] : (3046) DM: Hit
[Wed Oct 8 19:52:43 2003] : (3046) DM: It sinks into a leg
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:03 2003] : (3046) DM: In melee range
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:13 2003] : (3046) DM: Enilia?
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:22 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia casts Magic Missile, damage [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) **
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:25 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia casts Magic Missile, damage [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) **
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:25 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Wed Oct 8 19:53:55 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, Two bolts of force hit it squarely and it visibly judders
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:20 2003] : (3046) DM: Aspen?
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:36 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Quarterstaff, MW (base): [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:41 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc judders???
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:44 2003] : (3046) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:54 2003] : (3046) DM: Findus?
[Wed Oct 8 19:54:55 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc same as shudders
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:03 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc ic, ty :)
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:10 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Longbow, composite (base): [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:10 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Critical hit? [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20) ===> Damage: [3d8+3] -> [1,3,6,3] = (13)
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:30 2003] : (3046) DM: That last mighty chop decapitates the scaly beast
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:38 2003] : (3048) Enilia: yay!
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:50 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Nice shot
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:53 2003] : (3046) DM: it collapses into a pile of juicy insectoid
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:53 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas dismounts to take a look at the beast **
[Wed Oct 8 19:55:56 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc ...dude
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:00 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:16 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia looks around nervously for more of the beasts **
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:23 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu recognises it as an Ankheg
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:39 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:44 2003] : (3046) DM: You feel a bit sorry about having to kill it as you know that they are good for farmland
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:45 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:54 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 8 19:56:56 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Never heard of them
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:10 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Not too good for the farmers, though
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:23 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:33 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: They can be dangerous, as you just saw
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:40 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella trots back to the site **
[Wed Oct 8 19:57:58 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Yeah. Would fancy raising cattle around them
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:00 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Better get out of here fast then
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let's hope we don't encounter others
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:03 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: (wouldn't)
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: phew
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:08 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: that was close
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:13 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks at her wounds **
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:18 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: anyone can help me ?
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: How are you feeling?
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:22 2003] : (3046) DM: 240 xp each
[Wed Oct 8 19:58:45 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: not very well
[Wed Oct 8 19:59:09 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Anyone got healing spells?
[Wed Oct 8 19:59:10 2003] : (3049) Aspen: I cast cure light wounds on Farky [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 19:59:12 2003] : (3048) Enilia: At least you didn't run in to have a closer look this time
[Wed Oct 8 19:59:17 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas uses lay onm hands on Farkenella, healing 6 hp **
[Wed Oct 8 19:59:55 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: thanks Finduilas
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Thanks Aspen
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Now I feel better
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:12 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Try not to get hurt anyfurther today, I've spent all I have for now
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:21 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas smiles at Farkenella **
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:31 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: [1d8] -> [7] = (7)
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:40 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc oops, sorry
[Wed Oct 8 20:00:55 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc missing the old dice Henry?
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:03 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:05 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc or drunk again? ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'll probably stay out of sight
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:16 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: I have potions, if need be
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:21 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc multitasking, and sober... nearly tee-total these days
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:30 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc :D
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc How come?
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:35 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and try and stay out of danger
[Wed Oct 8 20:01:55 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas retrieves her spear and mounts again **
[Wed Oct 8 20:02:04 2003] : (3046) DM: There's a big hole in the cart track now where it burrowed up
[Wed Oct 8 20:02:14 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia stuffs Zero into the saddlebag, just in case... **
[Wed Oct 8 20:02:56 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We'd better tell people about that hole, so nobody falls in
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:04 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn trots past the hole, having a quick look down **
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:05 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks down into the hole **
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:06 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: True
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:10 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "It's pretty big..."
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:30 2003] : (3046) DM: There is a continuous tunnel down the hole
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:49 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc throw the spar down ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:53 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Lets move on. I dont like the look of that
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:56 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc spear
[Wed Oct 8 20:03:58 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc oh har de har
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:00 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc far too busy, and recovering from clinical depression
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Don't even *think* of it Farky! ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:05 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:07 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: hmmm, another tunnel
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:23 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Is that why you were gone for so long?
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:24 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "How about we give this one a miss?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:31 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:33 2003] : (3046) DM: You can clearly see that the ankhegs get around in the tunnels
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let's :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:37 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: probably a good idea
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:38 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Definitely, aspen
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:47 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn trots on **
[Wed Oct 8 20:04:54 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:05:00 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:05:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella follows, looking wearily around her at possible moving earth **
[Wed Oct 8 20:05:49 2003] : (3046) DM: A short while up the track yuo spot a cart with no horse or driver by a familiar looking hole
[Wed Oct 8 20:05:54 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc you
[Wed Oct 8 20:05:58 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Oh no....
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:08 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella trots ahead to the cart **
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:15 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Oh dear
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:17 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas rides over **
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:19 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella dismounts and wlooks around, ready to jumps away **
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:36 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia fiollows at a distance **
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:37 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn dismounts and approaches the hole carefully **
[Wed Oct 8 20:06:39 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas peers down the hole, looking for another ankheg **
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Be careful!
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:07 2003] : (3046) DM: There is some visible blood on the driver's seat and the reins etc. look like they were sanpped
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:09 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc I was gone because of being at home, and not having email...
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:11 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks at the cart **
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:21 2003] : (3053) Henry!!!: ooc going now, cinema... enjoy the rest of the game!
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:23 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc And you only now came back?
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:30 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc bye henry
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:37 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc see ya
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:39 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Have a nice evening and come back soon :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:41 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc enjoy the movie Henry :) Nice to see tyou again *hugs*
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc bye
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:52 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas hugs and kisses Henry goodnight **
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:55 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc *hugs*
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:56 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Bye, dear
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:56 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc seeya
[Wed Oct 8 20:07:58 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: The poor guy didn't stand a chance
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:16 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Do you suppose it was the same ankheg?
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:30 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella searches the cart and looks for clues of who he was **
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:38 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Let's hope so...
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:40 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: It possible
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:40 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:45 2003] : (3046) DM: THere are several crates on the cart
[Wed Oct 8 20:08:49 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc nice
[Wed Oct 8 20:09:07 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu even spot a hidden compartment under the seat
[Wed Oct 8 20:09:21 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella tries to open the hidden compartment **
[Wed Oct 8 20:09:27 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Careful
[Wed Oct 8 20:09:42 2003] : (3046) DM: It's locked
[Wed Oct 8 20:09:57 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia keeps a lookout for more creatures **
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:05 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas divides her attention between the hole and the courtryside **
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:15 2003] : (3046) DM: Spot checks
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:15 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:23 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella searches for traps **
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:24 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Enilia: Spot Skill Check [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:24 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:51 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Wed Oct 8 20:10:56 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I am looking at the hidden compartment, probably not spotting anything
[Wed Oct 8 20:11:23 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
[Wed Oct 8 20:11:31 2003] : (3046) DM: You manage to work out that there is a pipe attached somewhere, leads ointo the compartment
[Wed Oct 8 20:11:55 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc a pipe ?????
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:01 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu all look hard but can only see the distant palisade of what you assume is Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:04 2003] : (3046) DM: ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:17 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:20 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc tubing
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:21 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc for collecting fair, must be a taxi ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:12:58 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks at pipe and tries to see what it's for **
[Wed Oct 8 20:13:13 2003] : (3046) DM: YOU guess that it is for a poison trap
[Wed Oct 8 20:13:22 2003] : ** (3046) DM will brb **
[Wed Oct 8 20:13:26 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Wed Oct 8 20:13:37 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella carefully tries to disable the trap **
[Wed Oct 8 20:13:42 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: What is this all about
[Wed Oct 8 20:14:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: shhhhhhhhhhh
[Wed Oct 8 20:14:59 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I am trying to concentrate here
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:05 2003] : (3046) DM: YOU manage to clamp the tube leading into the compartment to your satisfaction
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:20 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella opens the compartment **
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:28 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:28 2003] : (3046) DM: it's locked!
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:35 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, it opens
[Wed Oct 8 20:15:52 2003] : (3046) DM: You see four bags that look very full
[Wed Oct 8 20:16:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella reaches for one of the bags **
[Wed Oct 8 20:16:21 2003] : (3046) DM: YOU sigh a breath of relief that the trap never went off
[Wed Oct 8 20:16:31 2003] : (3046) DM: The bag is very heavy
[Wed Oct 8 20:16:36 2003] : (3046) DM: It chinks
[Wed Oct 8 20:16:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc chinks ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:00 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc the noise that money makes
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:00 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc clinks
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:00 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc sound of coins hitting each other
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Are you nearly done, Farkenella? I want to get out of here
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc ah ok
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:16 2003] : ** (3052) Berrawyn has a look round the crates **
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:30 2003] : (3046) DM: THe other crates are mostly empty
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:35 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella opens the bags, one after the other, to see what's in there **
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:41 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: more money it seems people !
[Wed Oct 8 20:17:52 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I wonder where that money comes from.....
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:00 2003] : (3046) DM: There are a few rugs in one, some fine clothing in another
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: And where it was supposed to go
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:05 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "We can't just take it?... can we?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:06 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Is there any sign of who this poor fellow was?
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:21 2003] : (3048) Enilia: No we can't! We have to return it
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We can take the cart to Nestris and ask around, discreetly
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:37 2003] : (3046) DM: There are 3200gp
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:42 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc what direction was the cart going
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Wait, we're not going back, are we ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:49 2003] : (3046) DM: and 353 pps
[Wed Oct 8 20:18:58 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: OK, at the wait of it, I'd say around 3000 GP
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:03 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and some
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:06 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We don't want to alert others than the rightful owner to all that money, do we?
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:08 2003] : (3048) Enilia: It must have come from or been on its way to Nestriss
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:27 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc PP as in PLatinum ?????
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:32 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks at the way the cart is pointing **
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:37 2003] : (3046) DM: Also in the compartment are some parchments
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:39 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc What else?
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:50 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: OK, here is my siuggestion
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:51 2003] : (3046) DM: THe cart is gheaded to Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 20:19:58 2003] : (3046) DM: pp=platinum
[Wed Oct 8 20:20:04 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: too long and anyway too dangerous in these parts to leave it here
[Wed Oct 8 20:20:09 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Can we carry this ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:20:38 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Thats a hell of a lot of money for a wagon like this
[Wed Oct 8 20:20:39 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Why carry it? Let's just take the cart with us
[Wed Oct 8 20:20:54 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc doh @ me
[Wed Oct 8 20:21:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: yes I guess the cart is a good option
[Wed Oct 8 20:21:07 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas tries to repair the reins **
[Wed Oct 8 20:21:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc brain is not in full mode
[Wed Oct 8 20:21:31 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas hands Delphine a double espresso **
[Wed Oct 8 20:21:44 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc surely we dont have the equipment to hitch our horses up
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc ah...lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:13 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Aren't the horses still there, DM? I don't think you said one way or the other
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:16 2003] : (3046) DM: The neck brace for a horse is not present
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:28 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc surely they've been eaten too
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:30 2003] : (3046) DM: The reins are snapped, no horse
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:45 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "We can rig something up can't we?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:50 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc OK, I just saw the snapped reins bit
[Wed Oct 8 20:22:59 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Your horse is big Farky, isn't it? Maybe we can do something with some ropes...
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:12 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: turue
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:15 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc I thought you'd understand that there was no horse from the snapped reins bit
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:16 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella sighs **
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:20 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: As is mine
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:24 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: poor Elvowyn
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:28 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: ooc brb - reconnection
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc we did understand, but Bert's brain is not in full mode either :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:45 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Sometimes I tend to hear only what I want to hear ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:54 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn: Disconnecting from server...
[Wed Oct 8 20:23:54 2003] : (3052) Berrawyn (exit): 20:23
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:08 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Bert understood, I didn't want to ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:09 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks at the parchments in the compartment **
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:31 2003] : (3046) DM: They appear to be some sort of tally
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:40 2003] : (3046) DM: Each sheet has a name at the top
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:41 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn (enter): 20:24
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:47 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:48 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc wb :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:24:52 2003] : (3046) DM: ONe of them says Harald Beech - Barcanton
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:03 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: What are those ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:07 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:13 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Is that name familiar?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:15 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks at the parchments **
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:18 2003] : (3046) DM: The sheets -They appear to be some sort of tally
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:20 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I think I know where all this money may have come from
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:22 2003] : (3046) DM: They appear to be some sort of tally
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:25 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Money owed, perhaps?
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:28 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc for Bert
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:45 2003] : (3048) Enilia: You don't suppose..... The wagon belonged to the blackmailer...... Naaa, that would be too much of a coincidense....
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:45 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Money 'owed' to this crook we are interested in talking too
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:48 2003] : (3046) DM: Looking closer?
[Wed Oct 8 20:25:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes
[Wed Oct 8 20:26:00 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: A crook ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:26:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella raises an eyebrow **
[Wed Oct 8 20:26:11 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Life is full of coincidences :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:26:22 2003] : (3046) DM: There are about 30 pieces of paper and the names are all for farms and villages around Barcanton and Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 20:26:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let me have a closer look at these
[Wed Oct 8 20:27:20 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Well if it *is* so, I hope the bastard was on the wagon himself and now eaten by some nasty creature!
[Wed Oct 8 20:27:26 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Tax collector?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:27:38 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Hero tax? :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:27:43 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I cant really see someone like him being on a rickety old wagon like this
[Wed Oct 8 20:27:51 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I wouldn't think so, Enilia, he surely would have people collect his money for him
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:01 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: No, he'd pay someone to do his dirty work for him
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:06 2003] : (3048) Enilia: He probably would *sigh*
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:13 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks for a seal or a signature on the letters **
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:16 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas studies the parchments **
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:28 2003] : (3046) DM: NO seal or signature
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:40 2003] : (3046) DM: Int checks
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:43 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Although, now we have a reason for getting in to see him without raising suspicion
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:49 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Int check: [1d20+0] -> [12,0] = (12)
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:55 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 20:28:57 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:12 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:19 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Int check: [1d20+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Good point, Berrawyn
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:25 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:52 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc /me wipes the drool from Enilia
[Wed Oct 8 20:29:54 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: How much money was there, Farkenella? About 6000gp?
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:07 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc me starts humming nursery rhymes :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:11 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: around that yes
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:13 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: 3000 in GP
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:16 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and the rest in PP
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:21 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc forgotten the words? ;)
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:25 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella weighs weighs one of the bags **
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:33 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc probably LOL
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:37 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: That correlates with these tallies, someone has been collecting alright
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:48 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: all that money ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:30:57 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: wow, rich farmland around here
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:13 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Shall we move on. I'd like to get away from that tunnel
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:16 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes, it doesn't look like it was a tax collector, not with these kind of sums
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:21 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Me too!
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: 30 people, 6000gp, that's 200gp per person
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:49 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes, let's go
[Wed Oct 8 20:31:50 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "That's a lot."
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Some of that money can be placed in my saddlebags
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:10 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Are ww trying tu attach a horse to the wagon?
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:15 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas puts the parchments in her backpack **
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:15 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: some in mine
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:17 2003] : (3048) Enilia: to
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:28 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: We dont have the equipment
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:44 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Never mind the cart, it's not worth the trouble anyway
[Wed Oct 8 20:32:51 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Just split it up between us
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Just as long as we don't overload any of the horses :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:27 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, you split it up... Heading off?
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:40 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Bailey can handle it
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:48 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn pats his horse on the neck **
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:52 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: As can Selena :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:33:56 2003] : (3046) DM: After about another half-hours trot you reach the crossroads
[Wed Oct 8 20:34:08 2003] : (3048) Enilia: We should return it as soon as we've done with the blackmailer... Or have someone return it for us...
[Wed Oct 8 20:34:23 2003] : (3046) DM: There's a sign present saying "Fiveways"
[Wed Oct 8 20:34:35 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I'm not sure if I would trust anyone else with all that money
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: But we don't have the time to visit 30 farms
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:10 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let's drop a hint at the blackmailer we found an abandoned cart on our way in and play it from there
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:10 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Not yet anyway...
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:30 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Maybe the local priesthood would help
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:37 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We might leave the parchments and money with a temple, perhaps?
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:47 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Sounds like a good option :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:48 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "We could talk to some of the people whos names we have."
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:49 2003] : ** (3046) DM laughs at Berrawyn **
[Wed Oct 8 20:35:51 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas smiles at Berrawyn **
[Wed Oct 8 20:36:21 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:36:56 2003] : (3046) DM: There is a signpost at the fiveways
[Wed Oct 8 20:37:11 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas reads the signpost **
[Wed Oct 8 20:37:24 2003] : (3046) DM: The sign North says "Narg Hills and Nestris mine"
[Wed Oct 8 20:37:42 2003] : (3046) DM: South "Dorduk"
[Wed Oct 8 20:37:48 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen heads to Nestris **
[Wed Oct 8 20:37:53 2003] : (3046) DM: West "Barcanton"
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:06 2003] : (3046) DM: South East "Nestris"
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:16 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Nestris it is then
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:18 2003] : (3046) DM: East is obscured ;P
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:26 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:27 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:32 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn follows Aspen **
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:33 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas heads for Nestris **
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:55 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:58 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu approach the stockaded town that you saw from a distance
[Wed Oct 8 20:38:59 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:39:21 2003] : (3046) DM: Nestris consists of a 20 foot palisade
[Wed Oct 8 20:39:32 2003] : (3046) DM: You can see some impressive biuildings inside
[Wed Oct 8 20:39:51 2003] : (3046) DM: The biggest is a tower further back in the town
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:10 2003] : (3046) DM: YOU approach the solid gates
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:23 2003] : (3046) Guard: HALT
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:28 2003] : (3046) Guard: Who goes there?
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:31 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia halts **
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:43 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:44 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Aspen of Northwood."
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:49 2003] : (3046) Guard 2: I wanted to saty that!
[Wed Oct 8 20:40:51 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: 'm finduilas Ar
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:00 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:01 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Farkenella.......Neeleman (with hesitation)
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:11 2003] : (3046) Guard: *to other guard* Shut up
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:16 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Enilia Farnsworth
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:20 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas waits patiently as the guards bicker **
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:30 2003] : (3046) Guard: Umm AHEM
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:35 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn watches the comedic exchange **
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:36 2003] : (3046) Guard: Welcome to Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:37 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 8 20:41:44 2003] : (3046) Guard: May I ask your business?
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Just visiting
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:06 2003] : (3046) Guard 2: What do you want here?
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:21 2003] : (3046) Guard: *to other guard* I said Shut up!
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:34 2003] : (3046) Guard: Err visiting? Where from?
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:36 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia chukles **
[Wed Oct 8 20:42:41 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn tries to hide a smile **
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:02 2003] : (3046) Guard 2: Come on where you from
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We come from Barcanton
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:04 2003] : (3046) Guard 2: ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:06 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "We need supplies."
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:27 2003] : (3046) Guard: Look go and find something to do on the palisade will you
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:38 2003] : ** (3046) Guard turns back to you **
[Wed Oct 8 20:43:49 2003] : ** (3046) Guard 2 slinks off **
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:00 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn is having real trouble with his smirk **
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:04 2003] : (3046) Guard: Ah, good place to restock is Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:15 2003] : (3046) Guard: Now if you could all just sign in on this tally
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:24 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Of course :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:26 2003] : ** (3046) Guard indicats his clipboard **
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:52 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas takes the clipboard and signs **
[Wed Oct 8 20:44:59 2003] : (3046) Guard: Err, I don't suppose you passed a cart on your way from Barcanton did you?
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:01 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn dismounts and signs **
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:17 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Is one missing?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:17 2003] : (3046) Guard: Only one of our trders is 2 days overdue from there
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Why? Were you expecting one?
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:21 2003] : (3046) Guard: traders
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:28 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia signs **
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:49 2003] : (3046) Guard: Yeah one of Jeffers wagons and his stock is missing apparently
[Wed Oct 8 20:45:58 2003] : (3046) Guard: Although I don't believe that rogue
[Wed Oct 8 20:46:25 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Why not?
[Wed Oct 8 20:46:36 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Rogue?
[Wed Oct 8 20:46:40 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Who is Jeffers?
[Wed Oct 8 20:46:46 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: rogue?
[Wed Oct 8 20:46:56 2003] : (3046) Guard: Well lets say his business keeps the right side of the law with a certain amount of greasing
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:07 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Hrm"
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:11 2003] : (3046) Guard: rogue, you know, unsavoury character
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:18 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Doesn't sound like you approve of that...
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:19 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ahhh
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:27 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:43 2003] : (3046) Guard: Listen, I'm a guard, my job is to see that people keep the right side of the law
[Wed Oct 8 20:47:48 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: If you believe him to be a rogue, why does he still run free?
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:02 2003] : (3046) Guard: Live and let live, yeah, but only if it's not hurting others
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:15 2003] : (3046) Guard: I've heard rumours, but nothing ever sticks
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:19 2003] : (3046) Guard: ANYWAY
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:22 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: What you believe and what you can prove are two entriely diferent things
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:27 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I like left...
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:30 2003] : (3046) Guard: Err, all seems in order, you may enter
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:36 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Supposing we found some proof?"
[Wed Oct 8 20:48:55 2003] : (3046) Guard: ?me looks around
[Wed Oct 8 20:49:03 2003] : (3046) Guard: Proof
[Wed Oct 8 20:49:25 2003] : (3046) Guard: Seen it before, he wriggled out of it, always has some fall guy, usually someone innocent
[Wed Oct 8 20:49:54 2003] : (3046) Guard: See, he's charming as anything
[Wed Oct 8 20:49:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: That's too bad
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:00 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Ah well. No point in investigating then. Bye."
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:02 2003] : (3046) Guard: Oh yeah, a real performer
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:17 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Where does he live?
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:21 2003] : (3046) Guard: All the women love him , voice of an angel etc. etc.
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:41 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ... heart of a demon
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:49 2003] : (3046) Guard: Anyway, so did you actually see a wagon or not, see I've got to ask
[Wed Oct 8 20:50:52 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I've never met an angel before :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:08 2003] : (3046) Guard: Well, funny you should mention demon sir
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:11 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Oh yeah. Nothing in it though."
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:21 2003] : (3046) Guard: I've heard tell from one of the ladies of err...
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:22 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella observes the guards **
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:27 2003] : (3046) Guard: less than good repute
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:35 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes...
[Wed Oct 8 20:51:49 2003] : (3046) Guard: He's not all human, down below!
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:01 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Really?
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:02 2003] : (3046) Guard: odd knees apparently, bend backwards
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:03 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella positively grins **
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:05 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Ew. I'd rather not know."
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:10 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Hmmm
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:10 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia gasps **
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:34 2003] : (3046) Guard: Course he wears baggy pants
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:36 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: That's interesting
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:44 2003] : (3046) Guard: So this wagon, you say you saw it
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:47 2003] : (3046) Guard: ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:52 2003] : (3046) Guard: Nothing in it?
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:56 2003] : (3046) Guard: Where was it?
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:58 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Yeah
[Wed Oct 8 20:52:59 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas is fitghting hard not to burst out laughing **
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:03 2003] : (3048) Enilia: That's disgusting!
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:05 2003] : ** (3046) Guard takes notes **
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:11 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: A few miles back
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: A couple of miles down, no horses or driver though, it seems an ankheg got them :(
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:37 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: with a big hole in the ground near it
[Wed Oct 8 20:53:49 2003] : (3046) Guard: I'd better get a note to the sargeant, damn I sent stupid Pinto to the palisade and I can't leave
[Wed Oct 8 20:54:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: We can go to the sargeant if you wish
[Wed Oct 8 20:54:09 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I'm sure we could let him know
[Wed Oct 8 20:54:22 2003] : (3046) Guard: Oh, thanks He's in the guard house just inside the gates
[Wed Oct 8 20:54:43 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Whats your name? In case he doesn't trust us
[Wed Oct 8 20:54:46 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc oooo, nice :P
[Wed Oct 8 20:55:00 2003] : (3049) Aspen: oooc whoa....
[Wed Oct 8 20:55:20 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc /me puts the DM on the spot
[Wed Oct 8 20:55:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Very nice indeed :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:55:36 2003] : (3046) Guard: Be sure to visit the fountain of Balance, I still find that amazing and I live here
[Wed Oct 8 20:55:42 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: And I'd like to know...where can we find this...Jeffers person ? I'd love to meet him *grins*
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:04 2003] : (3046) Guard: Near the marketplace
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:07 2003] : (3046) Guard: My name?
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:10 2003] : (3046) Guard: Javid
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:23 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Ok. Thanks Javid
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:38 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Thank you Javid, you've been most helpful :)
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:41 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: how can I recognize him ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:43 2003] : ** (3046) Guard looks in notes and sees guard name of Stephen! **
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:44 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: We'll let the sargeant know
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:52 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc DM does that
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:53 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:54 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 8 20:56:58 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 20:57:44 2003] : (3046) DM: Nestris map and info
[Wed Oct 8 20:57:44 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc /me consults the town map provided by Javid
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:02 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Good day
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:07 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn heads inside **
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:12 2003] : (3046) DM: Thanks for taking the note
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:13 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: how can I recognize him ? Jeffers ?
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:35 2003] : ** (3046) Javid points you to the guard house **
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:46 2003] : (3046) Javid: Captain is called Leorn
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:54 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: You're welcomd, Javid
[Wed Oct 8 20:58:58 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn heads to the guardhouse **
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:05 2003] : (3046) Javid: Jeffers, flash bastard, has a stall on the market
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:07 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas rides to the guardhouse **
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:08 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:13 2003] : (3046) Javid: Sells clothing and blankets
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ok, thanks !
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:18 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella follows **
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:33 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn knocks on the guardhouse door **
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:46 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc unless theres someone outside
[Wed Oct 8 20:59:57 2003] : (3046) Javid: The door opens as a fresh faced you guard steps out
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:04 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc Captain?? he was a Sargeant a minute ago!!
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:09 2003] : (3046) DM: He looks surprised to see you all there
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:17 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia dismounts, offering to hold all horses while the rest talks to the guard **
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:18 2003] : (3046) DM: S/nick Stephen
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:23 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:25 2003] : (3046) Stephen: Hello?
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:29 2003] : (3046) Stephen: May I help you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:37 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Hello
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:47 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Actually, it's the other way around :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:00:56 2003] : (3046) Stephen: ooc he got a very quick promotion!
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:01 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We were asked to convey you a message
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:01 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:05 2003] : ** (3046) Stephen looks confused **
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:08 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: We are looking for Captain Leorn
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:08 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:22 2003] : (3046) Stephen: He wags his head sideways and ignores you
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:25 2003] : (3046) Stephen: Umm
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:26 2003] : (3046) Stephen: How?
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:35 2003] : (3046) Stephen: May you help me?
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:40 2003] : ** (3046) Stephen smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:46 2003] : (3046) Stephen: Is that right?
[Wed Oct 8 21:01:50 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We were asked to convey you a message
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:03 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn looks sideways at the others **
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:12 2003] : (3046) Stephen: Oh for me? For Stephen? I never get messages, oh goody!
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:17 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia raises a brow at the odd guard **
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:33 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: No, its for the Captain
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:42 2003] : (3046) Stephen: So, err what's the message?
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:46 2003] : (3046) Stephen: Oh
[Wed Oct 8 21:02:51 2003] : ** (3046) Stephen looks crestfallen **
[Wed Oct 8 21:03:02 2003] : (3046) Stephen: He's inside, 3rd door on the left
[Wed Oct 8 21:03:10 2003] : ** (3046) Stephen heads into the town **
[Wed Oct 8 21:03:11 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Maybe you would like to takt the message to the Captain?
[Wed Oct 8 21:03:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: take
[Wed Oct 8 21:03:31 2003] : (3046) DM: He's gone
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:04 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Strange guards around here
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Is he all there, you think?
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:12 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Very
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:34 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn passes his reins to Enilia **
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:50 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia smiles and takes 'em **
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:57 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas dismjounts and hands her reins to Enilia **
[Wed Oct 8 21:04:59 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Thanks
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We'll be right back :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:08 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I'd be glad to
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:13 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn steps into the Guardhouse **
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:27 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas follows **
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:41 2003] : (3046) DM: It's a plain building, has a desk near the door
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:44 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: one....two....three
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:47 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia lets Zero out of the saddlebag and places him on her shoulder again **
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:52 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc was counting the doors
[Wed Oct 8 21:05:56 2003] : (3046) DM: A corridor stretches off to the left
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:03 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen waits outside with Enilia **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:10 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks around kind of wearily **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:19 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Hello? Anyone around?
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:21 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas walks to the third door and knocks **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:26 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Didn't feel like being inside either Aspen? *smiles*
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:27 2003] : (3046) Leorn: COME
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:38 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas opens the door end enters **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:46 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn looks up **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:46 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn follows **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:49 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Captain Leorn?
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:51 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella stays just before the door **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:52 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn looks surprised **
[Wed Oct 8 21:06:54 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Err
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:06 2003] : (3046) Leorn: I thought you'd be that damned fool Stephen again
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:15 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn mutters **
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: No, he's on the palissades somewhere
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:28 2003] : (3046) DM: Listen check if in the room
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:34 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Wed Oct 8 21:07:35 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:21 2003] : (3046) DM: You both hear him definitely mutter "damned alderman and his unemployable dimwitted nephews"
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:30 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:32 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Anyway
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:41 2003] : (3046) Leorn: What may I do for you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:43 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks at Berrawyn and smiles quickly **
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:43 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn has a quick glance at Findu **
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:55 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella peeps into the room **
[Wed Oct 8 21:08:57 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: We have a message
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:03 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Ah?
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:07 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Javid asked us to tell you we found a cart on our way into town
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:20 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Ah? Anything else?
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:37 2003] : (3046) Leorn: How as the cart?
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:49 2003] : (3046) Leorn: What of the driver and 3...
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:53 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: The driver appears to have been attacked and killed by an Ahnkeg
[Wed Oct 8 21:09:56 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn looks at his notes **
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: The cart is empty, horse and driver disappeared, problably eaten by an ankheg
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: 3 what?
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:19 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Well Jeffers says passengers, although thugs is probably closer
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:41 2003] : (3046) Leorn: He calls them bodyguards
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:52 2003] : (3046) Leorn: NEvermind, that's nothing to you
[Wed Oct 8 21:10:53 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: There was no sign of anyone alive... or dead
[Wed Oct 8 21:11:03 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Are you having trouble with this Jeffers?
[Wed Oct 8 21:11:39 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Thankyou for the information anyway. Incidentally, whiy didn't Javid or the other guard bring this to me?
[Wed Oct 8 21:12:17 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: They didn't like to leave the gate, with our report of the Ankheg
[Wed Oct 8 21:12:26 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Because Javid was the only one at the gate
[Wed Oct 8 21:12:37 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Ah, good old Javid. There's one true man I can rely on
[Wed Oct 8 21:12:50 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Umm, only one there you say?
[Wed Oct 8 21:13:05 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Damn his hide
[Wed Oct 8 21:13:36 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I believe the other guard was doing a short check along the palisade
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:10 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: After all, the gate is not the only place that needs to be secure :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:18 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: He would've been back soon, but Javid thought you would like to hear the news as quickly as possible
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:29 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Oh, OK
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:31 2003] : (3046) Leorn: THanks
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:39 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn looks at you dubiously **
[Wed Oct 8 21:14:50 2003] : (3046) Leorn: And what of the other guards on the palisade
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:05 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Never mind
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:11 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Never hurts to have another set of eyes
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:12 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Thankyou for thre information
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:22 2003] : (3046) Leorn: I'll be glad to see this sorted
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:39 2003] : (3046) Leorn: THat bastard Jeffers may have lost something important to him
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:42 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Hah!
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:55 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: You're welcome Captain. I'm sure you can find us if you need us again
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:58 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Lost two guards to him last month alone, no proof of couse
[Wed Oct 8 21:15:59 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Like what?
[Wed Oct 8 21:16:17 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Is there anything we could do to help you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:16:34 2003] : (3046) Leorn: I've no idea, but he'd not come to us unless he was going to lose something important to him, not just men
[Wed Oct 8 21:16:59 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Well, I'd like him
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:07 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn cuts short **
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:09 2003] : (3046) Leorn: NO
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:13 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas glances at Berrawyn **
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:19 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Just do me a dfavour
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:24 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Steer clear of him
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:25 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Perhaps we could relay the information to him
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:26 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Of course
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:50 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Be the bearers of bad news :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:17:54 2003] : (3046) Leorn: I'd hate to see good folk like yourselves disappear
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:10 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Oh dont worry about us Captain
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:25 2003] : (3046) Leorn: OK then, that's all
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: There are more of us than just us two
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:37 2003] : ** (3046) Leorn looks down at his paperwork **
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:43 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella walks into the room **
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:44 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: It takes more than a petty crook to scare us
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:48 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Goodbye, captain, see you later perhaps
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:49 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Good day
[Wed Oct 8 21:18:57 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: all set ?
[Wed Oct 8 21:19:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Let's go then
[Wed Oct 8 21:19:07 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn leaves, closing the door behind himself **
[Wed Oct 8 21:19:08 2003] : (3046) Leorn: Stay out of trouble, you hear
[Wed Oct 8 21:19:18 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella follows **
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let's find thus Joshua Beech first, and hear what's he got to say
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:28 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc wasn't he the aldernan of barcanton?
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:34 2003] : (3046) DM: There's a tourist map just inside the gate, has all the buildings of interest on it and a map
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:43 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:52 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn already has a map :P **
[Wed Oct 8 21:20:55 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu note the stables and the inn, the shops and town hall, the four temples
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:10 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Stables first?
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:13 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc No, Beech lives in Testris (see the map)
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:22 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia hands back reins **
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:24 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Nestris
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:32 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc Beech also lives here! Different first name!
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:35 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Good idea, Berrawyn
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:37 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc /me dodges the multi-coloured blocks
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:48 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Thanks Enilia
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:58 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Your welcome
[Wed Oct 8 21:21:58 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Getting confused again
[Wed Oct 8 21:22:07 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Thank you, Enilia :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:22:16 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Anytime :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:22:32 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Stables first then?
[Wed Oct 8 21:22:45 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yes
[Wed Oct 8 21:22:58 2003] : (3046) DM: You can clearly see the large market place from where you are...
[Wed Oct 8 21:23:18 2003] : (3046) DM: The tower you could see before is inbeween two other buildings
[Wed Oct 8 21:23:23 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'd like to pay a visit to that Jeffers at some point
[Wed Oct 8 21:23:30 2003] : (3046) DM: The map shows it to be the temple of Waukeen
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:07 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Yeah Farky, but lets have a look around first
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:11 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: We will, after the horses are taken care off :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:18 2003] : (3048) Enilia: We will Farky, but i think it's better to rid ourselves of the horses first. Have a feeling we need all our concentration when meeting him...
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:22 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: good point
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:26 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: come Elvowyn
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:45 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen takes his horse to the multi-story horse park. **
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:54 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 21:24:58 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 21:25:30 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn leads Bailey **
[Wed Oct 8 21:25:32 2003] : (3046) DM: You make your way to the stables
[Wed Oct 8 21:25:40 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas follows **
[Wed Oct 8 21:25:45 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella follows with Elvowyn **
[Wed Oct 8 21:26:02 2003] : (3046) DM: You see a barn like structure with large open doors, further back there is stabling
[Wed Oct 8 21:26:12 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah is busy shoeing a horse **
[Wed Oct 8 21:26:19 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas goes over to the stables **
[Wed Oct 8 21:26:48 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah deftly avoids a kick from the horse **
[Wed Oct 8 21:26:56 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Fiesty little bugger!
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:06 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:08 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Need a hand?
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:20 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Stand back madam
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:20 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen sooths the horse. **
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:25 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Animal Empathy Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:33 2003] : (3046) Josiah: He's a bit of a one, this one
[Wed Oct 8 21:27:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Those usually are the best :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:07 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc back
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:14 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:18 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc wb :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:25 2003] : (3046) Josiah: THe horse settles down when Aspen stands staring at it
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:37 2003] : (3046) Josiah: My, you've a way with beasts sir!
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:47 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia watches in awe **
[Wed Oct 8 21:28:56 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Aspen of Northwood. Pleased to be of assistance."
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:10 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah takes your hand and shakes it **
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Not only with beasts :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:23 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah looks at the pacified horse **
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:31 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Good trick that
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:39 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah stables th ehorse **
[Wed Oct 8 21:29:47 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Now what can I do for you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:30:02 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Yuo looking for some ostling?
[Wed Oct 8 21:30:13 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Or stabling? Or both?
[Wed Oct 8 21:30:24 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: stabling would be good
[Wed Oct 8 21:30:40 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc ostling? Sounds like seafood.....
[Wed Oct 8 21:30:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Stabling is fine
[Wed Oct 8 21:31:21 2003] : (3046) Josiah: I am a farier, I can shoe and grrom your horses while you enjoy the town
[Wed Oct 8 21:31:45 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Might not be a bad idea *smiles* How much?
[Wed Oct 8 21:32:27 2003] : (3046) Josiah: 3sp for stabling dfor the night
[Wed Oct 8 21:32:35 2003] : (3046) Josiah: 3 for grooming
[Wed Oct 8 21:32:41 2003] : (3046) Josiah: 5 for shoeing
[Wed Oct 8 21:32:57 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I'll have an all in for shawna then 'smile*
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:05 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Here: 4sp fo a nights stabl
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:09 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ing."
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:11 2003] : (3046) Josiah: Of course you need the grooming done every day, but you can do that yourselves if you like
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:14 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: I'll take the lot too
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:15 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella whispers to Finduilas' ear...*what about the content of our saddle bags" ? **
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:21 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn thinks Bailey deserves it **
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:27 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: It might be a good idea to have a look at her shoes, and grooming would be great :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:39 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah notes what everyone wants doing **
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:42 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas pays 11 sp **
[Wed Oct 8 21:33:48 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'll take the lot too
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:01 2003] : ** (3046) DM wants to know who isn't getting their horses re-shoed **
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:14 2003] : (3046) DM: :D
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:15 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia pays 11 sp **
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:34 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn pays up **
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:35 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I am
[Wed Oct 8 21:34:41 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella pays **
[Wed Oct 8 21:35:17 2003] : ** (3046) Josiah says to Aspen **
[Wed Oct 8 21:35:32 2003] : (3046) Josiah: I'll give him some special feed for the extra sp sir
[Wed Oct 8 21:36:23 2003] : (3046) DM: OK stabling and re-shoeing (or not) taken care of
[Wed Oct 8 21:36:24 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Thank you."
[Wed Oct 8 21:36:38 2003] : (3046) DM: brb need ythe loo
[Wed Oct 8 21:38:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc can someone fill me in again on the blackmail stuff ? I have read it, but I seem not to have understood it (brain in fever fumes)
[Wed Oct 8 21:38:30 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc back
[Wed Oct 8 21:38:36 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 21:38:45 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc wb :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:39:16 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc seems jeffers blackmails people he forced ( ? ) to gamble
[Wed Oct 8 21:39:28 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc The alderman gambled with this crook Jeffers and lost. Jeffers extorted more 'cos the alderman would lose his job if the gambling was exposed.
[Wed Oct 8 21:40:10 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc k
[Wed Oct 8 21:40:11 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc and the Alderman claimed he was drugged or he'd never have gambled in the first place
[Wed Oct 8 21:40:13 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc thx
[Wed Oct 8 21:40:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Then he tried to shortchange us
[Wed Oct 8 21:40:36 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc And his famliy was threatened by Jeffers
[Wed Oct 8 21:41:27 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, where to next?
[Wed Oct 8 21:41:59 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Pay Jeffers a visit?
[Wed Oct 8 21:42:02 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: To the market, via the fountain
[Wed Oct 8 21:42:24 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Yep, I have been itching to meet that Jeffers for quite a while now
[Wed Oct 8 21:42:38 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Lets head to the Inn
[Wed Oct 8 21:42:53 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Maybe we can find out a little more about this guy before we go see him
[Wed Oct 8 21:43:18 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc btw, anyone thought about our saddlebags, did they sty loaded with PP and GPs at the stables ?
[Wed Oct 8 21:43:45 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas has taken the money out **
[Wed Oct 8 21:43:46 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc maybe we should go unload them
[Wed Oct 8 21:44:50 2003] : (3046) DM: Anyone decided ;)
[Wed Oct 8 21:45:19 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella has taken her saddlebags with her as well **
[Wed Oct 8 21:45:34 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia returns to fetch her saddle bags :P **
[Wed Oct 8 21:45:55 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn goes back and takes his **
[Wed Oct 8 21:45:55 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu notice others stabling their horses generally take the saddlebags with them
[Wed Oct 8 21:46:04 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 21:46:27 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen is glad he travels light.... **
[Wed Oct 8 21:46:48 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia wonders if this town would sell bags of holding :P **
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:17 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc I want 2 Gloves of Storing
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: So, first to the inn?
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:24 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:33 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: LOL@Berrawyn
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:46 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I could use a drink :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:48:48 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc up to bag type 2 may be available here (p207 DMG)
[Wed Oct 8 21:49:25 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc like I could afford it :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:50:03 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc may be available too Berrawyn
[Wed Oct 8 21:50:14 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, where to next?
[Wed Oct 8 21:50:22 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc cant afford them either! :(
[Wed Oct 8 21:50:44 2003] : (3048) Enilia: The inn, to have a drink and some rumors :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:50:55 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc LOL,
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:03 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Aye
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:04 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: agreed, and I need to unload these things
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:13 2003] : (3048) Enilia: definitely!
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:16 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella bends under the weight of her saddlebags **
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:19 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc better the more you spend on beer, but possiblilty of getting drunk?
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:29 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: How about we call in to thon store on the way
[Wed Oct 8 21:51:30 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia is dragging her saddlebags behind her **
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:00 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas manages to walk up straight (just) **
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:44 2003] : (3046) DM: Heading to the Inn>
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:47 2003] : (3046) DM: ?
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:49 2003] : (3046) DM: OK
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:52 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yep
[Wed Oct 8 21:52:54 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc /me tries to make sense of the word thon
[Wed Oct 8 21:53:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: inn first, please ?
[Wed Oct 8 21:53:42 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Lets get a room and get rid of this!
[Wed Oct 8 21:53:45 2003] : (3046) DM: The inn is very busy, considering it's only about 9 am
[Wed Oct 8 21:53:55 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc Thon as in "That there store, over thonder"
[Wed Oct 8 21:53:58 2003] : (3046) DM: You note lots of people eating breakfast
[Wed Oct 8 21:54:26 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc VERY short word for a long sentence lol Thanx :)
[Wed Oct 8 21:54:49 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 21:54:59 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc its a collocqu... coloqui.... local word
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:01 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc stop lying to the foreigners
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:07 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc it was a typo
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:10 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella goes to the innkeeper and asks for a room, looking out on the street **
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:12 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol@Berrawyn
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:23 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Why? He's anjoying himself ;)
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:32 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: enjoying
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:34 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc it was not a typo! :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:42 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: (the room, not me, should be looking out on the street)
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:43 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc m/me is giggling out loud
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:48 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas asks for a room and a drink **
[Wed Oct 8 21:55:56 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Ditto
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:02 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc OK, it's a colloquialism I've never heard of, bloody bog-trotter
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:08 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc ;D
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:08 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: me too
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:15 2003] : (3048) Enilia: And someone to carry my bags up there please :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:17 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc /me is a foreigner, understands nothing (or pretends not to understand anything) :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:25 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Hello there folks
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:29 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: May I help you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:33 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol@bog-trotter
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:40 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: A room and a glass of wine, please
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:45 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Good morning
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:47 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I need a room, I want it on the top floor if possible nd looking out on the street
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:49 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs looks at you oddly **
[Wed Oct 8 21:56:57 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Err wine, OK,
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:01 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn looks at her oddly too **
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:06 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Is something wrong?
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:07 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs gives you wine **
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:17 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: YOu do know it's only 9am don't you?
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:18 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Wine? at this time?
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:19 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia orders a glass of wine, a room and someone to carry her luggage **
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:38 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Never too early for a good glass of wine *smiles*
[Wed Oct 8 21:57:49 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: I'm afraid many of our rooms are still occupied
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc and I'm not even French :P
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: How many are free?
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:11 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Checking in time is after 1pm
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:21 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc lol neither am I ?
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:28 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Is *any* free?
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:30 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: oh bags !
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:40 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc None of us are, not in here ;)
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:44 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: yes, *one* room
[Wed Oct 8 21:58:46 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Well, I have 2 rooms that were unoccupied last night
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:00 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: consider them occupied as of...now
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:11 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: You can use them, and I'll hold 3 more for later
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:18 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: I'd like one of those please, so I have a place to park my belongings
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:26 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: That would be perfect
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:40 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Softpaw slinks in through the door.
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:41 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Findus, care to share again?
[Wed Oct 8 21:59:50 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: As I said, you can share them. Err you are all together aren't you?
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:02 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks around **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:02 2003] : (3048) Enilia: We are :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:05 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: OY, get that bloody wild cat out
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:09 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: yes, we are, the odd bunch
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:20 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs bangs on the bar with a club **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:26 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs makes lots of noise **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:27 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia jumps **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:44 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella drops her bags and catches the Barkeep's arm **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:49 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs makes sure the cat leaves **
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:58 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: We only want to leave our stuff here for now. He is keeping rooms for each of us
[Wed Oct 8 22:00:59 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs looks at Farky **
[Wed Oct 8 22:01:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Sorry about that
[Wed Oct 8 22:01:17 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Something you want miss
[Wed Oct 8 22:01:30 2003] : (3046) DM: A big man seems very interested
[Wed Oct 8 22:01:50 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: Bloody guards, letting in wild cats like that
[Wed Oct 8 22:01:58 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks at the big man and smiles at him **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:01 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: It'll be wolves next!
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:09 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella looks at the man **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Nothing wrong with wolves :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:15 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs Turns back to you **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:21 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella takes her saddlebags back **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:26 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ok, where is that room ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:29 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs looks at Findus like she is mad **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:40 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Just tell us where to find the rooms please, I really need to get rid of this.... luggage *sigh*
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:50 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs points you to the stairs and tells you where to find the two rooms **
[Wed Oct 8 22:02:59 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs hands you two keys **
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:09 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn takes one of them **
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:12 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas goes up to dump most of her stuff **
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:13 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella takes one **
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:13 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia sighs and drags her bags up the stairs **
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:26 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: That'll be 4 silver each for the rooms for a half day
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:28 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc Hmmm.... Reminds me of Craig's place :P
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: People, I suggest locking these locks....
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:50 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Good idea, are we leaving the money here?
[Wed Oct 8 22:03:59 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I am not carrying those bags around
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:09 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Me neither!
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:12 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and I meant "over locking" those locks
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:20 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Much too heavy
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:30 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Got any good locks Farky?
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:33 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: No sense to give Jeffers a chance to take it from us
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:40 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs catches up with you all and holds out his hand **
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:46 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: shhh
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:50 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas pays the man **
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:55 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: oh sorry
[Wed Oct 8 22:04:56 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia pays Sorry 'bout that **
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:02 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn digs out enough **
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:03 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Thank you, these will do fine :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:09 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs walks off with the money **
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:13 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc All 3 of us?
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:30 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella paid as well **
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:33 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: ooc the frst two
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:47 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc ok
[Wed Oct 8 22:05:55 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 8 22:06:16 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I don't have a lock, but I'll go buy one
[Wed Oct 8 22:06:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: wait for me here
[Wed Oct 8 22:06:46 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Do you want to nip to the store while we stay here?
[Wed Oct 8 22:06:55 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Get two
[Wed Oct 8 22:06:58 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Don't you think a big lock woul more likely attract thieves???
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:10 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: you're right actually
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:25 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I suggest jinxing those
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:25 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Hide them then?
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'm sure I can work yout something
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:38 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:41 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Please do :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:50 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'll do just one though
[Wed Oct 8 22:07:53 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: too much time
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:00 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: let's put all the valuables in one room
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:13 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: ooc you quickly find a lock in the shop. 20/40/80 gp depending on quality... pick one
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:16 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks for a safe place to hide the parchments **
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:34 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc did we not decide against a lock?
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc not going to buy a lock, going to make this one unworkable with simple key
[Wed Oct 8 22:08:54 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: ooc OK
[Wed Oct 8 22:09:18 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella spends some time working on the lock once everyone has put all the valuables **
[Wed Oct 8 22:09:24 2003] : (3046) Barkeep Puggs: There is a strongbox in the room
[Wed Oct 8 22:09:57 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ok, so everything in strongbox and jinxing the lock
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:03 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:06 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc thats handy
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:13 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc LOL, assume I took 20 :P
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:15 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc it's a service
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:19 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:28 2003] : (3046) DM: There is no key in the lock
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:37 2003] : (3046) DM: You fail to open it
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:55 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc you can hire the key
[Wed Oct 8 22:10:56 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas gets down to ask for the key of the strongbox **
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:06 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: noooooooooooo
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:18 2003] : ** (3046) Barkeep Puggs gives the key and asks for 5 gp, plus 10 gp deposit **
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:37 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas pays and comes back **
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:47 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: There you go, we definitely attracted everyone's attention
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:52 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella sighs **
[Wed Oct 8 22:11:54 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: If you can't open the lock it should be safe enough, Farkenella
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:03 2003] : (3048) Enilia: lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:08 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc good answer!
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:14 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc I was not trying to open the lock, I was trying to over lock the room's lock
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:28 2003] : (3049) Aspen: (quietly) "It isn't our money anyway"
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:37 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: true enough
[Wed Oct 8 22:12:42 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: (to Aspen)
[Wed Oct 8 22:13:18 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc you're all to bloody good!
[Wed Oct 8 22:13:27 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: Yeah, but how annoying would it be to loose it anyway
[Wed Oct 8 22:13:28 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 22:13:47 2003] : ** (3046) DM grabs a tinnie **
[Wed Oct 8 22:13:49 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: indeed
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:08 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc whatever happened to 'not during the week'!?!
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:11 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas puts the parchments in the strongbox **
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:27 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc maybe it's a can of coke?
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:31 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc that was the other week ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ok, so, we'll leave all locks as they are, I'll just make sure I know if someone came in
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:34 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc not much during the week?
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:37 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc yeah, right
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:40 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc Jealous, Bert? ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:14:56 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc already had one! :P
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:12 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc brb, getting a beer
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:14 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc but considering a second now
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:27 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc see what you've started now!
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:29 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc I'm going for herb tea, you drunkards
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:37 2003] : (3046) DM: OK what are you doing then... bit confused!
[Wed Oct 8 22:15:54 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc drunk already?
[Wed Oct 8 22:16:28 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc back
[Wed Oct 8 22:16:44 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc putting everything in the strongbox
[Wed Oct 8 22:16:49 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas gets down to finish her wine **
[Wed Oct 8 22:16:49 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia heads back down for her wine if all locks are secure now :P **
[Wed Oct 8 22:17:10 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas trusts Farkenella to get it all right :) **
[Wed Oct 8 22:17:52 2003] : (3046) DM: So you locked the strongbox?
[Wed Oct 8 22:17:53 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn heads downstairs **
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:29 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: yes we did, of course
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:34 2003] : (3046) DM: OK
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:35 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc Thats Farky's department
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc was expensive enough ! lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:50 2003] : (3046) DM: Right drinks and food as per webpage prices
[Wed Oct 8 22:18:51 2003] : (3048) Enilia: lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:19:50 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella stays behind a minute **
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:05 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: then comes down to have some breakfast
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:18 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Second breakfast? lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:24 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas smiles at the big man that was watching them earlier **
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:40 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella sits back and enjoys food **
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:50 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Yes, I am uhungry !*
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:53 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc the expense is due to the innkeeper having to pay for expensive strongboxes
[Wed Oct 8 22:20:54 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia enjoys her wine **
[Wed Oct 8 22:21:03 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 22:21:04 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:21:38 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and takes some non alcoholic beverage
[Wed Oct 8 22:22:06 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia calls a serving wench (if anyone is around) **
[Wed Oct 8 22:22:26 2003] : (3046) DM: Wenches serve anyone who wants stuff
[Wed Oct 8 22:22:34 2003] : ** (3066) Berrawyn orders a glass of water **
[Wed Oct 8 22:23:00 2003] : (3048) Enilia: To wench: "Could I ask you a question please?"
[Wed Oct 8 22:23:03 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen checks out the other patrons. **
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:01 2003] : (3046) Wench: Years?
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:21 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn (enter): 22:24
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:23 2003] : (3046) Wench: Can oi aelp you?
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:39 2003] : (3046) Wench: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:46 2003] : (3046) Wench: Booting '(3066) Berrawyn' from room...
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:47 2003] : (3066) Berrawyn (exit): 22:24
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:48 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:55 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I've heard there would be an... um... rather extrordinary... ummm.. man.. *blush* in this town.... You wouldn't happen to know anything about him?
[Wed Oct 8 22:24:59 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc wb
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:11 2003] : (3046) Wench: Ooh, who'm be thaat then?
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:22 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella listens intently **
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:26 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia blushes even more **
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:34 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella finishes up her breakfast **
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:41 2003] : (3046) Wench: You haave a name for this gentlman
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:50 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Oh, I had hoped you could tell me... He seems to have a.. um... way with women...
[Wed Oct 8 22:25:58 2003] : (3046) Wench: Oooh
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:02 2003] : ** (3087) Berrawyn sips his water and covertly looks around **
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:09 2003] : (3048) Enilia: You know him?
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:17 2003] : (3046) Wench: You don't mean that sweet man Jeffers
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:22 2003] : (3046) Wench: Voice of an angel
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:28 2003] : (3046) Wench: Sung to me many a time
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:28 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I think that was his name yes
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:38 2003] : (3046) Wench: Never picks me though
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:44 2003] : ** (3046) Wench looks a bit upset **
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:51 2003] : (3048) Enilia: What do you mean? Pick....
[Wed Oct 8 22:26:57 2003] : (3046) Wench: Always picke strangers
[Wed Oct 8 22:27:07 2003] : (3046) Wench: To bed of course
[Wed Oct 8 22:27:19 2003] : (3046) Wench: Likes his women a bit exotic I guess
[Wed Oct 8 22:27:32 2003] : (3048) Enilia: You mean he just point one out? In broad daylught? *blush*
[Wed Oct 8 22:27:41 2003] : (3046) Wench: 'course there's been a bit o trouble here sometimes
[Wed Oct 8 22:27:58 2003] : (3046) Wench: Just peole gamblin' with 'm an' losin'
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:08 2003] : (3046) Wench: Not takin' it very well
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:15 2003] : (3048) Enilia: So they pay.... au naturel
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:35 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:42 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: en nature you mean ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:45 2003] : (3046) Wench: But he's so charming, can't be his fault
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:48 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 22:28:53 2003] : (3048) Enilia: :P
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:05 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas listens, horrified **
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:06 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:19 2003] : (3046) Wench: ooc we say au natrelle in the UK
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:38 2003] : (3046) Wench: ooc or something spelled correctly but sounding similar ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:42 2003] : (3048) Enilia: So you won't know what makes him... um... special?
[Wed Oct 8 22:29:44 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc lmao
[Wed Oct 8 22:30:15 2003] : (3046) Wench: Well, he's a charmer, for sure
[Wed Oct 8 22:30:43 2003] : (3046) Wench: he's got those baggy pants, no-one else has them, but then he sells clothes, don't he
[Wed Oct 8 22:31:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc not baggy pants, please !
[Wed Oct 8 22:31:04 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Hmm.... Maybe you could point me to someone lucky enough to be picked by him? I'd pay you for your time of course *smiles*
[Wed Oct 8 22:31:09 2003] : (3046) Wench: must be his siggynatyoure or somethin
[Wed Oct 8 22:31:46 2003] : (3046) Wench: Well, he picks strangers
[Wed Oct 8 22:32:16 2003] : (3046) Wench: Traders and travellers, like. None that I recognise here
[Wed Oct 8 22:32:39 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Well, thanks anyway.... /me hands the wench 2 sp
[Wed Oct 8 22:32:50 2003] : ** (3046) Wench looks at them and beams **
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:04 2003] : ** (3046) Wench stashes them somewhere very quickly **
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:05 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia sips her wine in deep thoughts **
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:29 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: That man's even more horrid than I imagined
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:40 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella smirks **
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:41 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: man ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:47 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: even the word seems strong for him
[Wed Oct 8 22:33:51 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: baggy pants huh ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:15 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Surely you don't believe that story of his knees?
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:21 2003] : (3048) Enilia: That's my thought too.... Would have liked to know exactly what "creature" we are up against before facing him...
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:23 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas smirks **
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:29 2003] : ** (3087) Berrawyn joins the discussion **
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: not one second
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:46 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I meant less than a man, rather than something else than a man
[Wed Oct 8 22:34:57 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "I reckon he uses charms and magic."
[Wed Oct 8 22:35:06 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: There certainly seems to be something strange about him
[Wed Oct 8 22:35:20 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I hope your'e right, but I'm afraid there might be more to it
[Wed Oct 8 22:36:12 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I mean.... A man, even a magician, able to charm every single woman? Not one he misses? Very powerful indeed...
[Wed Oct 8 22:36:26 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: let me go and try to get more info about thim
[Wed Oct 8 22:36:32 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I'll just eavesdrop
[Wed Oct 8 22:36:40 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: How could he miss a woman that's in debt to him?
[Wed Oct 8 22:36:54 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella gets up and casually walks near the big smiling man **
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:04 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Even the ones that aren't seems to want him...
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:09 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:18 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc JINXED DICE
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:30 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas hands Delphine better dice **
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:37 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc supposed to jinx the lock, not the dice :P
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:44 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc /me treis with H's dice
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:47 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Wed Oct 8 22:37:56 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc You see? ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:20 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Wow, all and its contrary is said about this man
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:41 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: But the womenizer pat seems to stick
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:46 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and the stranger part as well
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:53 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: Well, I suppose we are strangers
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:56 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia shudders **
[Wed Oct 8 22:38:59 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: maybe we'd have a chance ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:39:08 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: And women, some of us :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:39:25 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc finishing at 11
[Wed Oct 8 22:39:34 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Most of us, actually
[Wed Oct 8 22:39:40 2003] : (3048) Enilia: I am *not* going anywhere this man's bedroom!
[Wed Oct 8 22:40:01 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Let's stick to his stall for now :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:40:22 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: Lets have a look round the marketplace
[Wed Oct 8 22:40:36 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia finishes her wine **
[Wed Oct 8 22:41:05 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Don't forget the fountain, won't we pass that on the way over?
[Wed Oct 8 22:41:18 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Just don't take anything from him, food, drinks, anything!
[Wed Oct 8 22:41:40 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: I suppose we do go past it
[Wed Oct 8 22:41:43 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: as if
[Wed Oct 8 22:42:16 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, draw your route on the map please
[Wed Oct 8 22:42:17 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: :)
[Wed Oct 8 22:42:33 2003] : ** (3049) Aspen tags along. **
[Wed Oct 8 22:42:47 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc The fountain is the swirly bit?
[Wed Oct 8 22:42:59 2003] : (3046) DM: SOftpaw is cowering by the side of the inn
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:04 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:21 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Hallo friend, want to tag along?
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:22 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:33 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas follows **
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:37 2003] : (3049) Aspen: Why is softpaw scared? What's scaring him?
[Wed Oct 8 22:43:41 2003] : (3046) DM: Softpaw looks very uncomfortable in a large town
[Wed Oct 8 22:44:26 2003] : (3046) DM: OK, you follow your route to the fountain
[Wed Oct 8 22:44:27 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "Aw. Go and hunt something tasty, Softpaw."
[Wed Oct 8 22:44:42 2003] : (3046) DM: You note the temple of Talos
[Wed Oct 8 22:44:44 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia smiles **
[Wed Oct 8 22:44:57 2003] : (3046) DM: It makes some of you feel uneasy
[Wed Oct 8 22:45:14 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc who is good aligned? Whisper if you think it's secret
[Wed Oct 8 22:45:19 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas looks away from the temple **
[Wed Oct 8 22:45:33 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc I'm a paladin, so no secret ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:23 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc I'm whatever the DM thinks I am.
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:26 2003] : (3046) DM: Ah, you all feel very uncomfortable as you walk around it
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:40 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc could have checked your char sheets!
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:47 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:50 2003] : (3048) Enilia: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:54 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: ooc who's Talos ?
[Wed Oct 8 22:46:55 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 8 22:47:02 2003] : (3046) DM: You eventually reach the end of it, and a passageway
[Wed Oct 8 22:47:11 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc God of strife
[Wed Oct 8 22:47:45 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc the Destroyer, storm lord
[Wed Oct 8 22:47:51 2003] : (3046) DM: ooc not a nice god ;)
[Wed Oct 8 22:48:00 2003] : (3049) Aspen: "*shudder*"
[Wed Oct 8 22:48:11 2003] : (3046) DM: The temple to the other side makes you feel much more comfortable
[Wed Oct 8 22:48:56 2003] : (3049) Aspen: ooc any trees around?
[Wed Oct 8 22:48:56 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu note that it is a temple to Pelor
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:05 2003] : (3046) DM: As you enter the passage
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:13 2003] : (3046) DM: Aha
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:22 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Guys, I'm going to leave you for a moment, I'll find you at the market, allright?
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:32 2003] : (3046) DM: You note what appears to be a conventional multi-tiered fountain
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:34 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas goes to the temple of Pelor **
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:53 2003] : (3046) DM: However it has been ssplit into two
[Wed Oct 8 22:49:54 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia stares at the fountain **
[Wed Oct 8 22:50:11 2003] : ** (3087) Berrawyn looks at the fountain **
[Wed Oct 8 22:50:14 2003] : (3046) DM: The two halves are seperated by 10 feet
[Wed Oct 8 22:50:36 2003] : (3046) DM: on the right, water spurts from the top and flows down the tiers
[Wed Oct 8 22:50:52 2003] : (3046) DM: on the left, flaming oil spurts from the top and flows down the tiers
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:09 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Amazing....
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:26 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: Quite impressive
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:27 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: indeed, wquite a sight
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:34 2003] : (3046) DM: Around the right of the water fountain are tress and grass
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:38 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas walks on, the closer she gets to the temple the harder she walks **
[Wed Oct 8 22:51:59 2003] : (3046) DM: Around the left of the fire fountain are stone pillars and rubble
[Wed Oct 8 22:52:23 2003] : (3046) DM: In the middle of the fountains is a path
[Wed Oct 8 22:52:51 2003] : (3046) DM: At the end of the path you can see the tower
[Wed Oct 8 22:52:54 2003] : ** (3087) Berrawyn walks down the path slowly **
[Wed Oct 8 22:53:02 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia follows **
[Wed Oct 8 22:53:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella examines both sides of the fountain and the path before treading it **
[Wed Oct 8 22:53:20 2003] : (3046) DM: Nothing happens, the path is safe
[Wed Oct 8 22:54:06 2003] : (3046) DM: YOu all feel constantly as though you are veering to the right however
[Wed Oct 8 22:54:32 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: Strange effect
[Wed Oct 8 22:54:35 2003] : (3046) DM: You are actually about a foot from the right by the time you reach the end of the path through the fountain
[Wed Oct 8 22:54:39 2003] : (3048) Enilia: Indeed...
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:04 2003] : (3046) DM: Other people ander through and veer to varying dregrees to either side as they walk through
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:05 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella tries to resist **
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:17 2003] : (3046) DM: It's easily resisted
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:21 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: and looks intently at those veering towards the flames
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:28 2003] : (3046) DM: Itonly happens if you don't concentrate
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:43 2003] : ** (3054) Farkenella tries to stay in the middle **
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:54 2003] : (3046) DM: Most are ordinary citizens
[Wed Oct 8 22:55:55 2003] : (3049) Aspen: I'll pass on the walking down the middle.
[Wed Oct 8 22:56:04 2003] : ** (3087) Berrawyn walks back down the path, concentrating **
[Wed Oct 8 22:56:14 2003] : (3046) DM: A few priests in robes of varying colours
[Wed Oct 8 22:56:37 2003] : (3046) DM: Mostly red robed ones near the flame side
[Wed Oct 8 22:56:40 2003] : ** (3048) Enilia stays by the water side; nothing to be ashamed of, when returning back **
[Wed Oct 8 22:56:52 2003] : (3046) DM: mostly blue robed on the water side
[Wed Oct 8 22:57:01 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: I see
[Wed Oct 8 22:57:09 2003] : (3087) Berrawyn: On to the Market?
[Wed Oct 8 22:57:10 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: me walks across the path and comes out at the other end
[Wed Oct 8 22:57:25 2003] : (3054) Farkenella: yep, on to the market
[Wed Oct 8 22:58:03 2003] : (3046) DM: Findus?
[Wed Oct 8 22:58:28 2003] : (3047) Finduilas: Yep
[Wed Oct 8 22:58:33 2003] : (3046) DM: You see a door at the end of the curved wall, by the passageway near the market
[Wed Oct 8 22:58:47 2003] : ** (3047) Finduilas opens the door and goes through it **
[Wed Oct 8 22:58:50 2003] : (3046) DM: It says, Hostel and Sanatarium
[Wed Oct 8 22:59:13 2003] : (3046) DM: "Pelor blesses all who pass " is on a sign above th elintel
[Wed Oct 8 22:59:17 2003] : (3046) DM: the lintel
[Wed Oct 8 22:59:44 2003] : (3046) DM: It's a hostel for the destitute and sick
[Wed Oct 8 23:00:01 2003] : (3046) DM: There are a few priests doing what they can for people
[Wed Oct 8 23:00:13 2003] : (3046) DM: OK GAME END