Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Craig's - 24 September 2003

[Wed Sep 24 19:46:50 2003] : (228) DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 24 19:47:00 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas is still shivering as she puts on new clothes **
[Wed Sep 24 19:47:01 2003] : (228) DM: OK, you've all just got out of the tunnels
[Wed Sep 24 19:47:23 2003] : (228) DM: Oh...
[Wed Sep 24 19:47:37 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Oh... what?
[Wed Sep 24 19:47:43 2003] : (228) DM: ooc Bert has no electricity, I really should check when people text me
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:02 2003] : (228) DM: ooc so he can't play
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:03 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc no electricity ? Damn, Bin Laden again
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:09 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Yes, you should :P Poor Bert though :(
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:16 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:44 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc what's it with power failures? I lost power on monday, Cel lost power on Tuesday...
[Wed Sep 24 19:48:51 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Hey Finduilas, do you need anything ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:49:09 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas looks at her bow which has mysteriously survived as her sword and armour haven't **
[Wed Sep 24 19:49:12 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc I'll lose power on Thursday then, is it ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:49:34 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I'm alright, Farkenella, I still have my other sword
[Wed Sep 24 19:49:37 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc /me sends Bert a reminder to pay his electricity bill
[Wed Sep 24 19:49:44 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Good
[Wed Sep 24 19:50:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: you can have the halfspear, it's pretty good material I assume
[Wed Sep 24 19:50:41 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Thanks, Farkenella :)
[Wed Sep 24 19:50:53 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc +1 wasn't it?
[Wed Sep 24 19:50:53 2003] : ** (227) Aspen looks around for a stick. **
[Wed Sep 24 19:50:55 2003] : (228) DM: It's about 5pm
[Wed Sep 24 19:51:10 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc yep, +1
[Wed Sep 24 19:51:50 2003] : (232) Farkenella: So..now that Berrawyn and Enilia have gone to town, shall we floow their tracks ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:52:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: do we have enough time before we go to see Grugnak ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:52:49 2003] : (228) DM: ooc you have 6 nights to go, 8 have passed
[Wed Sep 24 19:53:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc how far is whatsitsname the town with wonder merchants and things ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:53:59 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc What does MW do for an armour again?
[Wed Sep 24 19:54:10 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc -1 to armour check penalty
[Wed Sep 24 19:54:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc ty :)
[Wed Sep 24 19:54:57 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas puts on her old leather armour **
[Wed Sep 24 19:55:06 2003] : (227) Aspen: "I think we should go see Grugnak as soon as possible. We can then leave and have more time to prepare a plan and gather reinforcements."
[Wed Sep 24 19:55:30 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Will we be able to reach Barcanton tonight?
[Wed Sep 24 19:56:11 2003] : (229) Finduilas: And where did Berrawyn disappear to now?
[Wed Sep 24 19:56:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: You're right Aspen, I am just afraid Grugnak will not wait for us to gather anything, let alone anyone once we've given him what he wants
[Wed Sep 24 19:56:44 2003] : (229) Finduilas: So we don't give him anything straight away :)
[Wed Sep 24 19:56:46 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Oh, that's a good point actually."
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:05 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Aspen, we agreed to go to Barcanton first, why the change of heart all of a sudden?
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:06 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Orcs aren't really know for their trustworthyness."
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:21 2003] : (232) Farkenella: indeed
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:24 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc did we? I forgot. Barcanton it is.
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:40 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc how long to get to Barcanton ?
[Wed Sep 24 19:57:47 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc We were on our way there, hence the bridge
[Wed Sep 24 19:58:49 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Farkenella, next time you want to explore, remind me to look out for slimes :)
[Wed Sep 24 19:59:16 2003] : (232) Farkenella: no problem, I will
[Wed Sep 24 19:59:22 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Let's find a place to set up camp before it gets too dark
[Wed Sep 24 19:59:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: And I'll remind you :)
[Wed Sep 24 20:00:08 2003] : (227) Aspen: I'm keeping an eye out for branches I can turn into a staff.
[Wed Sep 24 20:00:47 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I'll help you looking, Aspen, I miss that staff already
[Wed Sep 24 20:00:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc how long to get to Barcanton ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:01:19 2003] : (228) DM: ooc 8 hours
[Wed Sep 24 20:01:45 2003] : (228) DM: ooc OK Aspen
[Wed Sep 24 20:03:06 2003] : (232) Farkenella: what wood is best for staffs ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:03:21 2003] : (232) Farkenella: And it *is* a pity you lost that one deadly staff
[Wed Sep 24 20:03:55 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Well, Hazel if very elastic and tends to grow straight."
[Wed Sep 24 20:04:16 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Oak is hardwearing and durable."
[Wed Sep 24 20:05:11 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Pine or any conifer is useless -- soft."
[Wed Sep 24 20:05:32 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Oak perhaps? Very sturdy wood, that
[Wed Sep 24 20:05:50 2003] : (232) Farkenella: so I guess we'll just keep looking for straight wood
[Wed Sep 24 20:05:57 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:06:10 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks around for a suitable camp site **
[Wed Sep 24 20:06:16 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Wed Sep 24 20:06:17 2003] : (228) DM: ooc whoa... check out nature boy
[Wed Sep 24 20:06:52 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc what?
[Wed Sep 24 20:07:03 2003] : (228) DM: ooc the wood stats!
[Wed Sep 24 20:07:35 2003] : (228) DM: OK Farky, you keep on the straight and narrow...#
[Wed Sep 24 20:07:37 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc *shrug* you just pick up bit and pieces here and there.
[Wed Sep 24 20:07:50 2003] : (228) DM: You even find some nice berries and edible roots
[Wed Sep 24 20:08:05 2003] : (228) DM: ooc I meant Aspen, not you
[Wed Sep 24 20:08:10 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella shares the berries and stuff **
[Wed Sep 24 20:08:20 2003] : (228) DM: How far are you going?
[Wed Sep 24 20:08:49 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Stopping before dark
[Wed Sep 24 20:09:28 2003] : (228) DM: OK, it starts to get dark at 7pm, you find a very nice campsite
[Wed Sep 24 20:10:07 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella ties Elvowyn and feeds *it* **
[Wed Sep 24 20:10:13 2003] : (228) DM: There is a small grove nearby with several types of trees
[Wed Sep 24 20:10:27 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella prepares her tent and stuffs her bag into it, keeping bow and rapier at hand **
[Wed Sep 24 20:10:44 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella goes to grove and searches the trees for a suitable staff **
[Wed Sep 24 20:11:17 2003] : (228) DM: ooc what are you feeding the horse?
[Wed Sep 24 20:11:35 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc I've got rations, for horses that is
[Wed Sep 24 20:11:39 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Grass
[Wed Sep 24 20:12:04 2003] : (228) DM: There's plenty of grass for the horses on the grassy plain
[Wed Sep 24 20:12:12 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc It's a wood, isn't it? Bound to be grass here :)
[Wed Sep 24 20:12:20 2003] : (228) DM: Wilderness lore roll for finding a nice branch
[Wed Sep 24 20:12:40 2003] : (228) DM: ooc you're near the road, not the wood
[Wed Sep 24 20:13:16 2003] : (227) Aspen: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
[Wed Sep 24 20:13:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Wed Sep 24 20:13:26 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Wed Sep 24 20:13:52 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas decided *not* to go looking for edible plants **
[Wed Sep 24 20:13:53 2003] : (227) Aspen: "This looks like a suitable piece of hazel"
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:02 2003] : (228) DM: It will take 1 hour to hone it to a decently useable staff
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:12 2003] : ** (227) Aspen cuts and trims down a nice staff **
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:13 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas puts her bedroll on the ground and starts building a fire **
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:25 2003] : (227) Aspen: *trim, trim*
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:38 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:43 2003] : (228) DM: Listen checks
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:52 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
[Wed Sep 24 20:15:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:06 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc Don't suppose I'm good enough to make a masterwork staff? :P
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:14 2003] : (227) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:17 2003] : (228) DM: ooc I was wondering that...
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:24 2003] : (228) DM: Ok
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:40 2003] : (228) DM: You all get on with setting up camp
[Wed Sep 24 20:16:48 2003] : (228) DM: Suddenly a man is in your midst
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:03 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: Hail and well met
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:07 2003] : (227) Aspen: "What? Who?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:16 2003] : ** (228) Swarthy man smiles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:18 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Well met, stranger
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:45 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: ooc got a fir going yet?
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:53 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: fire
[Wed Sep 24 20:17:54 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Yes
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:04 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella startles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:05 2003] : ** (228) Swarthy man walks up to the fire **
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:12 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: Are you camping here for the night?
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:24 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas was sitting by the fire, but is now on her feet **
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:37 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: ooc YOu can't camp here, it's public parkland!
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:41 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That was the plan, yer, why do you ask?
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:44 2003] : (229) Finduilas: yes
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:52 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: Do you mind if I join you...
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:57 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: It's getting dark
[Wed Sep 24 20:18:59 2003] : (227) Aspen: "What are you doing out here alone?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:11 2003] : (229) Finduilas: And who are you?
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:13 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: I am a ranger, we are generally out alone
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:21 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: I am headed for the Northwood
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:25 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: Do you know it?
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:56 2003] : (228) Swarthy man: My name is Larfas
[Wed Sep 24 20:19:56 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella observes the man closely **
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:08 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I don't know much of this area
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:12 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc he's a man, or an elf ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:14 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Oh of course. I'm a druid... er sort of... of the grove.."
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:21 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc he's a man
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:21 2003] : (229) Finduilas: My name is Finduilas Ar
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:41 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Elves can't be men? ROFL
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:41 2003] : (228) Larfas: Ah, from Northwood?
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:45 2003] : (228) Larfas: Excellent
[Wed Sep 24 20:20:55 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc a huMAN
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:09 2003] : (232) Farkenella: My name is.....(again, I stumble on the name) ...well, call me Farkenella, Farkenella Neeleman
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:16 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:25 2003] : ** (228) Larfas concentrates on Aspen **
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:27 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Neeleman? Dutch blood?
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:35 2003] : (228) Larfas: What is your name young Druid?
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:43 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas observes Larfas closely **
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:43 2003] : (227) Aspen: "I'm Aspen."
[Wed Sep 24 20:21:54 2003] : (228) Larfas: Well met again...
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:08 2003] : (228) Larfas: I am headed that way to speak with the druid master
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:28 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella listens intently **
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:29 2003] : (228) Larfas: I do not know her though, could you tell me about her?
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:34 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella mutters... **
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:36 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Important news?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:38 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Do sit down, Larfas, and share our fire and food
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:40 2003] : (228) Larfas: Or him of course
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:44 2003] : (232) Farkenella: *a ranger hmmm*
[Wed Sep 24 20:22:53 2003] : ** (228) Larfas sits by the fire **
[Wed Sep 24 20:23:05 2003] : (228) Larfas: No, I wish some information
[Wed Sep 24 20:23:20 2003] : (232) Farkenella: It is a him, the last time we saw
[Wed Sep 24 20:23:26 2003] : (228) Larfas: I believe that the information that I seek is known in Northwood
[Wed Sep 24 20:23:48 2003] : (228) Larfas: Ah, a male. Now I know at least something.
[Wed Sep 24 20:23:59 2003] : (227) Aspen: "We've just come from the Nothwood. What do you seek?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:24:03 2003] : (229) Finduilas: What kind of information do you seek?
[Wed Sep 24 20:24:29 2003] : (228) Larfas: As I said, the master. I have several questions to put to him...
[Wed Sep 24 20:24:47 2003] : (228) Larfas: But I may not divulge them, they are not for other ears
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:02 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Fair enough."
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:03 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc brb... desperate for the loo
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:13 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:16 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc OK, thanks for sharing that with us ;)
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:24 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Wed Sep 24 20:25:32 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc dice gods with me tonight !!!
[Wed Sep 24 20:26:08 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc The only food roll I've had tonight was for my bow, but I lost my entangling sword :(
[Wed Sep 24 20:26:14 2003] : (229) Finduilas: good
[Wed Sep 24 20:26:36 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc back
[Wed Sep 24 20:26:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc wb :)
[Wed Sep 24 20:26:54 2003] : (228) DM: You all fail to see anything other than he tells you
[Wed Sep 24 20:27:07 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Soo Larfas, long been a ranger ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:27:43 2003] : (228) Larfas: For 12 years, but for much of that time I have been alone in woods to the west
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:00 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Doesn't that get lonely at times?
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:00 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I am looking for an elf ranger
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:02 2003] : (228) Larfas: I didn't experience much until about 3 years ago
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:02 2003] : (232) Farkenella: quite old
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ah, what happened then ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:19 2003] : (228) Larfas: Yes, it can be lonely, but lately I have been busier
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:29 2003] : (228) Larfas: I run errands for another druid
[Wed Sep 24 20:28:50 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas sits back as she listens to the conversation between Larfas and Farkenella **
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:09 2003] : ** (228) Larfas looks at Aspen **
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:27 2003] : (228) Larfas: So, what can you tell me about your graove, Druid of Northwood
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:29 2003] : (228) Larfas: ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:43 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc err...
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:52 2003] : (227) Aspen: "What do you want to know?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:29:58 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas looks sharply at Aspen, trying to warn him not to see too much **
[Wed Sep 24 20:30:38 2003] : (229) Finduilas: say
[Wed Sep 24 20:31:24 2003] : (228) Larfas: Well, the name of the grove master
[Wed Sep 24 20:31:40 2003] : (228) Larfas: His assistants maybe. Local happenings
[Wed Sep 24 20:31:47 2003] : (227) Aspen: "There's Cedarleaf the leader. And Jiet Ki his 2nd in command."
[Wed Sep 24 20:31:50 2003] : (228) Larfas: Anything I should be on th elookout for
[Wed Sep 24 20:31:57 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Well, how long have you been around these parts ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:32:22 2003] : (229) Finduilas: You don't have to worry about worgs anymore
[Wed Sep 24 20:32:23 2003] : (228) Larfas: I have just come from the west, I avoided Barcanton... I don't much like large towns
[Wed Sep 24 20:32:32 2003] : (227) Aspen: "I'd keep an eye out for orcs and wargs."
[Wed Sep 24 20:32:39 2003] : (228) Larfas: Worgs? I don't understand
[Wed Sep 24 20:32:58 2003] : (228) Larfas: Ah, you have seen some? ANd the grove repelled them?
[Wed Sep 24 20:33:25 2003] : (229) Finduilas: The area is now free of them
[Wed Sep 24 20:33:44 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Raiding from the mines to the north. We got rid of most of the majority of them we think."
[Wed Sep 24 20:33:55 2003] : (228) Larfas: I find that comforting.. I don't much like intelligent animals
[Wed Sep 24 20:34:03 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc most of the majority? LOL
[Wed Sep 24 20:34:21 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Especially when they're so fast and strong :(
[Wed Sep 24 20:34:46 2003] : (228) Larfas: Mines to the north? Oh, you said that there were orcs also?
[Wed Sep 24 20:35:08 2003] : (229) Finduilas: We have heard there might be
[Wed Sep 24 20:35:28 2003] : ** (228) Larfas gives a funny look **
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:07 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella examines Larfas, his outfit and stuff **
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:08 2003] : (228) Larfas: Well, I thank you for your time. I will retire shortly...
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:16 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Christer is coming to lurk again
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:16 2003] : (228) Larfas: Unless you have any questions for me
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:25 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc ok
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:35 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Yes, I was wondering whether you had ever met a certain Fenialis Siltersith
[Wed Sep 24 20:36:49 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and I did ask you about what happened three years ago
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:11 2003] : (232) Farkenella: that brought "experience" unto your path
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:15 2003] : (228) Larfas: Three years ago, a druid to the west asked me to run his errands
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:30 2003] : ** (228) Larfas looks at you funnily **
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:34 2003] : (228) Larfas: I..
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:40 2003] : (236) Aidan (enter): 20:37
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:43 2003] : (228) Larfas: I can't say the name rings a bell
[Wed Sep 24 20:37:44 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Yes
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:05 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Hi, Christer
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:13 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc hi Christer
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:29 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks disappointed **
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:34 2003] : (232) Farkenella: what kind of errands ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:39 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc hi there !
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:43 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc Hi
[Wed Sep 24 20:38:49 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc Hi guys/girls/DM.
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:12 2003] : (228) Larfas: I'm sorry? But is there a reason I should answer that question? I don't like your tone young lady.
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:17 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Craig, you're neither guy nor girl tonight ;)
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:24 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:30 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc DMs are asexual?
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:39 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That is no way to talk to your hostess, Larfas
[Wed Sep 24 20:39:48 2003] : (232) Farkenella: my tone ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:01 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc DMs aren't human, I suppose ;)
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:03 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Oh, sorry. /me seems to be waking from a dream
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:14 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I was in my thoughts
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: did not mean to offend you
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:27 2003] : (232) Farkenella: but we have been tryiong to help this county
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:39 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and I thought maybe you could help us with a little information
[Wed Sep 24 20:40:46 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc DM's are evil, scheming devils. I know, I'm one!
[Wed Sep 24 20:41:03 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Sep 24 20:41:33 2003] : (228) Larfas: I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but your manner was a little abrupt
[Wed Sep 24 20:41:58 2003] : ** (227) Aspen checks out his staff. "Take that you weed!" **
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:16 2003] : (228) Larfas: You are srangers, possibly criminals for all I know, I have no reason to trust you
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:19 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella smiles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:26 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella laughs **
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:32 2003] : (229) Finduilas: And I apologise if I was abrupt to you, Larfas, but I can't stand for my friends to be insulted
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:38 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas smiles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:44 2003] : (228) Larfas: It is of no moment
[Wed Sep 24 20:42:47 2003] : (232) Farkenella: same here, you know, and we have answered your questions
[Wed Sep 24 20:43:03 2003] : (228) Larfas: If I had any local information... I'd share it.
[Wed Sep 24 20:43:17 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Hey, just a minute Larfas. We invite you to your fire and you insinute that we may be criminals?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:43:21 2003] : (229) Finduilas: And I can assure you, whether or not you believe me, we're no criminals
[Wed Sep 24 20:43:35 2003] : (228) Larfas: I insinuated nothing!
[Wed Sep 24 20:43:57 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc oooh...interesting.. What's the gist of it?
[Wed Sep 24 20:44:01 2003] : (228) Larfas: I merely gave an example as to why I don't think I should tell you my biography
[Wed Sep 24 20:44:52 2003] : ** (228) Larfas looks at Aspen shrply **
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:16 2003] : ** (227) Aspen looks at Larfas suspiciously **
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:25 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella mutters **
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:39 2003] : (228) Larfas: If I could tell you what I knew, I would
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:43 2003] : (232) Farkenella: *possibly criminals* and that's no insinuation ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:47 2003] : (228) Larfas: I will say only this...
[Wed Sep 24 20:45:51 2003] : (229) Finduilas: If we were criminals you'd be a fool to tell us we might be exactly that
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:08 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Are you a fool?
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:23 2003] : (228) Larfas: The short, grey ones are stirring
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:30 2003] : (228) Larfas: I'm no fool
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:33 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella startles **
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:42 2003] : (232) Farkenella: the ...short...gray ones ?
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:43 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas looks at Farkenella **
[Wed Sep 24 20:46:53 2003] : (228) Larfas: I have said too much
[Wed Sep 24 20:47:01 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Or not enough
[Wed Sep 24 20:47:10 2003] : (232) Farkenella: not enough indeed
[Wed Sep 24 20:47:38 2003] : (228) Larfas: Ladies, gentlemen, I feel I must retire, may I stay with your group, or must I move on?
[Wed Sep 24 20:47:47 2003] : (232) Farkenella: you may stay
[Wed Sep 24 20:47:53 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella mutters again **
[Wed Sep 24 20:48:04 2003] : (232) Farkenella: *duergars ? not again...*
[Wed Sep 24 20:48:17 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Please do stay
[Wed Sep 24 20:48:20 2003] : ** (228) Larfas looks round quickly **
[Wed Sep 24 20:48:36 2003] : ** (228) Larfas moves away and lies down wrapped in his cloak **
[Wed Sep 24 20:48:47 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That is"if you trust us not to cut your throat tonight
[Wed Sep 24 20:49:18 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas sits besides Farkenella **
[Wed Sep 24 20:49:24 2003] : (229) Finduilas: What was that about?
[Wed Sep 24 20:49:31 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I am not sure
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:02 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc Any possibility of a saturday group at all? :/
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:07 2003] : (232) Farkenella: but short, and gray, that sounds a lot like dwarves to me, duergars to be exact
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:10 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc not really.
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:13 2003] : ** (228) Larfas sings a little then is silent **
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:27 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Short and grey could be lots of things."
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:37 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Mushrooms are short and grey for example."
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:40 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Tasty too."
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:41 2003] : (232) Farkenella: true
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:45 2003] : (228) Larfas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:47 2003] : (227) Aspen: "The ones that aren't poisonous."
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:47 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella laughs **
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:47 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That's what I thougt, but where are why would they be stirring?
[Wed Sep 24 20:50:55 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 24 20:51:01 2003] : (232) Farkenella: that is an excellent question
[Wed Sep 24 20:51:22 2003] : (232) Farkenella: their actions are rarely driven by good intentions
[Wed Sep 24 20:51:30 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc Why not? :(
[Wed Sep 24 20:52:43 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and I am well placed to know that
[Wed Sep 24 20:52:58 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella frowns a painful frown **
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:06 2003] : (229) Finduilas: As is we needed more trouble than what we're dealing with right now :(
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:12 2003] : (229) Finduilas: if
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: we do not, indeed
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:25 2003] : (227) Aspen: "What do you know of duergars?"
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:40 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I know little, and yet too much
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:45 2003] : (232) Farkenella: they killed my mother
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:51 2003] : (227) Aspen: ":("
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:56 2003] : (232) Farkenella: well, my *other* mother
[Wed Sep 24 20:53:56 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That's terrible
[Wed Sep 24 20:54:06 2003] : (232) Farkenella: they killed my people
[Wed Sep 24 20:54:32 2003] : (232) Farkenella: on a whim really, they were seeking revenge, not even glory, or power
[Wed Sep 24 20:54:49 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Revenge for what?
[Wed Sep 24 20:55:24 2003] : (232) Farkenella: My.....*mother* was engaged in a war, and she killed the father of a powerful duergar
[Wed Sep 24 20:55:44 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I see
[Wed Sep 24 20:55:51 2003] : (232) Farkenella: *it seems Farkenella has trouble saying the word "mother"*
[Wed Sep 24 20:56:14 2003] : (232) Farkenella: he raided the forest where she and her people lived
[Wed Sep 24 20:56:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and killed her
[Wed Sep 24 20:56:38 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Revenge can be a powerful motive
[Wed Sep 24 20:56:39 2003] : (232) Farkenella: my...*sisters*... were taken prisonners
[Wed Sep 24 20:56:54 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Do you know if they survived?
[Wed Sep 24 20:57:00 2003] : (232) Farkenella: for all I know, they might have
[Wed Sep 24 20:57:30 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and for all I know, this evil dwarf might be looking for me...although...
[Wed Sep 24 20:57:34 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Do you know where they were taken?
[Wed Sep 24 20:57:55 2003] : (232) Farkenella: no
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:15 2003] : (232) Farkenella: the man who could help me is Fenialis, the one who wrote the note
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: in the cave
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:28 2003] : (232) Farkenella: he would know if they are alive, and where to find them
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:30 2003] : (229) Finduilas: If they would know for you they'd get a big surprise :)
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:34 2003] : (232) Farkenella: that is why I have to find him
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:38 2003] : (229) Finduilas: go for you
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:46 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc you don't know who I am :P
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:55 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Ah. We should take some time to help you look for him."
[Wed Sep 24 20:58:59 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Not just typo's, different words :(
[Wed Sep 24 20:59:14 2003] : (232) Farkenella: well, we have an orc to find
[Wed Sep 24 20:59:17 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc I was talking about your company, not your ancestry :P
[Wed Sep 24 20:59:41 2003] : (232) Farkenella: my quest has waited all this time, it will wait a bit more
[Wed Sep 24 20:59:50 2003] : (232) Farkenella: thank you though Aspen
[Wed Sep 24 20:59:53 2003] : (232) Farkenella: thank you indeed
[Wed Sep 24 21:00:00 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Least I could do."
[Wed Sep 24 21:00:30 2003] : (229) Finduilas: First an orc, than an elf :)
[Wed Sep 24 21:00:42 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Let us go to sleep, stirring those memories has tired me
[Wed Sep 24 21:00:53 2003] : (232) Farkenella: One day.... one day maybe I can tell you all
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:00 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I'll take first watch
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:10 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ok, I will take second
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:14 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I'll be there to hear it :)
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:16 2003] : (232) Farkenella: if you don't mind Aspen
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:18 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Oh 3rd then."
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:01:40 2003] : (228) DM: OK
[Wed Sep 24 21:02:25 2003] : (228) DM: You have a peaceful night... When the second and third shifts change over Larfas gets up and wanders into the nearby copse
[Wed Sep 24 21:02:44 2003] : (228) DM: Aspen, listen check
[Wed Sep 24 21:02:49 2003] : (227) Aspen: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Wed Sep 24 21:02:54 2003] : (228) DM: 'k
[Wed Sep 24 21:03:15 2003] : (228) DM: He hasn't returned after 1 hour
[Wed Sep 24 21:03:33 2003] : (227) Aspen: I'll wait keeping alert.
[Wed Sep 24 21:03:49 2003] : (228) DM: 2 more hours pass
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:02 2003] : (228) DM: The sun begins to rise through the trees in the east
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:04 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas gets up **
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:08 2003] : (228) DM: Spot check Aspen
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:15 2003] : (228) DM: And anyone else up at dawn
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:16 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:28 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:40 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: What happened to Larfas?
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:44 2003] : (228) DM: 'k
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:53 2003] : (228) DM: His gear is still in the camp
[Wed Sep 24 21:04:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc ohhhhhhhhhhhh great dice again sheesh
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:02 2003] : (227) Aspen: "He left at the start of my watch."
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:12 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Where did he go?
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:23 2003] : (229) Finduilas: He left his stuff here
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:26 2003] : (227) Aspen: "That way (points)"
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:33 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks at the stuff **
[Wed Sep 24 21:05:34 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas walks over **
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:06 2003] : (228) DM: OK, when you reach the copse, you see...
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:29 2003] : (228) DM: There is a mutilated body nailed to one of the trunks...
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:38 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc "Please do not leave unattended baggage or personal belongs. They may be removed and destroyed."
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:41 2003] : (228) DM: It has an urugosh sticking out of the chest
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:45 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc /me is loking at Larfas' stuff
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:47 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas goes over to the body **
[Wed Sep 24 21:06:57 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:00 2003] : (228) DM: His hands have been hacked off
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:03 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Guys, over here!
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:25 2003] : (227) Aspen: "What?"
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:28 2003] : (228) DM: His head looks like it was slit with a knife many times, it is caked in blood... he was alive when he received them
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:32 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella startles and looks up **
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:45 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Can I see it it's Larfas?
[Wed Sep 24 21:07:59 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella goes to meet Finduilas **
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:06 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Bleargh!"
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:22 2003] : (228) DM: There is a note on the spike of the urugosh
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:34 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks round the body **
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:36 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas takes the note and reads it **
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:40 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Ewwwwwww
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:44 2003] : (232) Farkenella: here are the hands
[Wed Sep 24 21:08:46 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella points **
[Wed Sep 24 21:09:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc What does the nore say?
[Wed Sep 24 21:09:46 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella gets closer to examine **
[Wed Sep 24 21:09:57 2003] : (232) Farkenella: weapons here
[Wed Sep 24 21:10:11 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella takes the weapons in hand **
[Wed Sep 24 21:10:12 2003] : (228) DM: The note says "The Forsaken" in common
[Wed Sep 24 21:10:26 2003] : (228) DM: There is also a mother part in runes
[Wed Sep 24 21:10:32 2003] : (229) Finduilas: The Forsaken? What does that mean?
[Wed Sep 24 21:10:32 2003] : (228) DM: ooc another
[Wed Sep 24 21:11:21 2003] : (228) DM: Anyone speak Dwarven?
[Wed Sep 24 21:11:25 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Can anyone of you read these runes?
[Wed Sep 24 21:11:41 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I can
[Wed Sep 24 21:11:50 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks at the runes **
[Wed Sep 24 21:11:54 2003] : (229) Finduilas: What do they say?
[Wed Sep 24 21:12:42 2003] : (232) Farkenella: We will find them...
[Wed Sep 24 21:12:46 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Both of them.
[Wed Sep 24 21:12:55 2003] : (232) Farkenella: you cannot hide them from the forsaken for ever
[Wed Sep 24 21:13:15 2003] : (229) Finduilas: That sounds ominous
[Wed Sep 24 21:13:21 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks puzzled **
[Wed Sep 24 21:13:30 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Who are they addressing with this note?
[Wed Sep 24 21:13:32 2003] : (232) Farkenella: it does, The forsaken...
[Wed Sep 24 21:13:57 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I don't know
[Wed Sep 24 21:14:53 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks at the weapons **
[Wed Sep 24 21:15:05 2003] : (229) Finduilas: We'd better check with the grove when we get there, he was on his way to that place after all
[Wed Sep 24 21:15:10 2003] : (227) Aspen: "So is that Larfas?"
[Wed Sep 24 21:15:16 2003] : (228) DM: ooc weapons are at the camp... except the urugosh
[Wed Sep 24 21:15:30 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc what is a urugosh anywya ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:15:53 2003] : (228) DM: You can tell, despite the horrific scars and caked blood that its him
[Wed Sep 24 21:16:06 2003] : (228) DM: ooc p102 PHB
[Wed Sep 24 21:16:12 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas takes Larfas down to bury him **
[Wed Sep 24 21:16:17 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc Urgrosh - it's a dwarven weapon, mix of axe in one end and spear in other end
[Wed Sep 24 21:16:36 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella takes a close look at the urugosh **
[Wed Sep 24 21:16:38 2003] : (227) Aspen: "You don't think these Forsaken are looking for rangers?"
[Wed Sep 24 21:17:05 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I sure hope not..Berrawyn is out there..and Fenialis
[Wed Sep 24 21:17:07 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I believe they're after a secret Larfas knew
[Wed Sep 24 21:17:14 2003] : (229) Finduilas: But I could be wrong
[Wed Sep 24 21:17:55 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella is thoughtful, re-reads the note **
[Wed Sep 24 21:18:15 2003] : (232) Farkenella: both of them...
[Wed Sep 24 21:18:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: who are those two ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:18:36 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Or what
[Wed Sep 24 21:18:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: or what...you are right
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:09 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella goes to Larfas' stuff in camp and looks through his stuff **
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:12 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Search Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:31 2003] : (229) Finduilas: It is strange though, Larfas talking about perhaps Duergars to you, who lost her famliy because of them
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:41 2003] : (229) Finduilas: How many sisters do you have>
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:44 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc actually, I am looking pretty throughly, taking my time :P
[Wed Sep 24 21:19:57 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Taking 20 :)
[Wed Sep 24 21:20:26 2003] : (228) DM: There is a sling, 30 bullets, a shortsword and a dagger...
[Wed Sep 24 21:20:31 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I have two... I think
[Wed Sep 24 21:20:47 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella hands the bullets to Aspen **
[Wed Sep 24 21:21:01 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and examines the weapons to see if they're just normal
[Wed Sep 24 21:21:08 2003] : (228) DM: There is a leather travelling cloak, and a backpack with two potions of CLW in it
[Wed Sep 24 21:21:13 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
[Wed Sep 24 21:21:50 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Well, this murder is definitely the work of duergars
[Wed Sep 24 21:21:58 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella points to the weapon **
[Wed Sep 24 21:22:19 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and...well, yes, I guess "both" could mean my sisters
[Wed Sep 24 21:22:50 2003] : (227) Aspen: "We should report this to Cedarleaf."
[Wed Sep 24 21:22:55 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Something to get into, anyway
[Wed Sep 24 21:23:11 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I think we should, actually, Elder Hawthorne could probably help us
[Wed Sep 24 21:23:18 2003] : (232) Farkenella: too
[Wed Sep 24 21:23:41 2003] : ** (228) DM hums to himself :D **
[Wed Sep 24 21:23:46 2003] : (228) DM: brb need loo
[Wed Sep 24 21:23:51 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc OK
[Wed Sep 24 21:24:13 2003] : (227) Aspen: "But first we must do something with the body."
[Wed Sep 24 21:24:14 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Never a dull moment with that DM around ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:24:54 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Yes
[Wed Sep 24 21:24:59 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Another grave to dig :(
[Wed Sep 24 21:25:01 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella goes to the hands and looks at them **
[Wed Sep 24 21:25:04 2003] : (228) DM: ooc back
[Wed Sep 24 21:25:16 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc wb :)
[Wed Sep 24 21:25:23 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Anyone got a spade?
[Wed Sep 24 21:25:24 2003] : (228) DM: his armour is not salvageable btw
[Wed Sep 24 21:26:05 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella goes to the hands and looks at them **
[Wed Sep 24 21:26:23 2003] : (227) Aspen: Ew
[Wed Sep 24 21:26:37 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella thinks aloud **
[Wed Sep 24 21:26:42 2003] : (232) Farkenella: why did they cut his hands ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:26:59 2003] : (228) DM: There is a ring on one of the fingers
[Wed Sep 24 21:27:16 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella takes the ring off the finger, cautiously **
[Wed Sep 24 21:27:19 2003] : (229) Finduilas: To get him to talk? Or to take something that he had on or in them?
[Wed Sep 24 21:27:35 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella examines the ring **
[Wed Sep 24 21:28:10 2003] : (228) DM: it is a gold ring with a small ruby embedded in it
[Wed Sep 24 21:28:27 2003] : (232) Farkenella: does it look magical or something ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:28:28 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas examines the hands closely **
[Wed Sep 24 21:29:03 2003] : (228) DM: They are bloody, but look like normal hands
[Wed Sep 24 21:29:21 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Wed Sep 24 21:29:25 2003] : (232) Farkenella: on the ring
[Wed Sep 24 21:30:14 2003] : (228) DM: It looks reasonably cheap, 20gp, but you spot a shimmer on it
[Wed Sep 24 21:30:28 2003] : (232) Farkenella: it looks strange
[Wed Sep 24 21:31:17 2003] : (229) Finduilas: We'd better let Enilia take a look at it then
[Wed Sep 24 21:31:34 2003] : (232) Farkenella: yes
[Wed Sep 24 21:31:38 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella pockets the ring **
[Wed Sep 24 21:33:13 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas starts digging a grave **
[Wed Sep 24 21:33:22 2003] : (227) Aspen: *dig, dig*
[Wed Sep 24 21:33:40 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella helps **
[Wed Sep 24 21:34:10 2003] : (228) DM: YOu make a reasonably deep hole...
[Wed Sep 24 21:34:25 2003] : (228) DM: Deep enough to deter casual digging by animals
[Wed Sep 24 21:34:32 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas puts the body and hands in it **
[Wed Sep 24 21:34:57 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Craig, no more graves, agreed? ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:35:13 2003] : (228) DM: ooc you lot can't keep an NPC alive for shit!
[Wed Sep 24 21:35:24 2003] : (228) DM: ooc ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:35:46 2003] : (236) Aidan: ooc have they killed off that Larken dude?
[Wed Sep 24 21:35:51 2003] : (228) DM: You fill the hole fairly quickly
[Wed Sep 24 21:35:58 2003] : (228) DM: It's now about 8 am
[Wed Sep 24 21:37:00 2003] : (228) DM: So in total there is a ring, a dagger, a sling, 30 bullets, a cloak and a shortsword
[Wed Sep 24 21:37:22 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc (Hope someone has written that down)
[Wed Sep 24 21:37:24 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella looks at the cloak **
[Wed Sep 24 21:37:28 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Nu clues, of course?
[Wed Sep 24 21:37:46 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc My log has ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:17 2003] : (228) DM: You could try spellcraft checks to see if they match any known artifacts
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:26 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:29 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Spellcraft Skill Check: Untrained
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:34 2003] : (228) DM: one for each item
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:39 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Wed Sep 24 21:38:56 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Wed Sep 24 21:39:04 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Wed Sep 24 21:39:05 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
[Wed Sep 24 21:39:06 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Wed Sep 24 21:39:21 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc Only one reasonable roll :(
[Wed Sep 24 21:39:37 2003] : (228) DM: Nothing matches anything in Finduilas's knowledge
[Wed Sep 24 21:40:07 2003] : (228) DM: Aspen?
[Wed Sep 24 21:40:48 2003] : (227) Aspen: What/
[Wed Sep 24 21:40:55 2003] : (228) DM: 4 more rolls
[Wed Sep 24 21:40:59 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Wed Sep 24 21:41:00 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
[Wed Sep 24 21:41:00 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Wed Sep 24 21:41:01 2003] : (227) Aspen: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Wed Sep 24 21:41:45 2003] : (228) DM: You can't tell anything either
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:04 2003] : (228) DM: OK, what you up to?
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:04 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ok, Aspen, I suggest you take the sling and bullets
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:13 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I'll keep the ring
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:33 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas takes a look at the cloak **
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:40 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc are the bullets special? I don't bother counting ordinary ones.
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:48 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Farkenella, would you like that dagger?
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:48 2003] : (232) Farkenella: and we'll carry the rest and have someone look at it to se if they recognize it
[Wed Sep 24 21:42:59 2003] : (228) DM: ooc they look different to normal stones
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:07 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I guess it always comes in handy
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:12 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella takes dagger and looks at it **
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:15 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:22 2003] : (228) DM: The sling has very nice stitching
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:40 2003] : (228) DM: it's a dagger, looks masterwork
[Wed Sep 24 21:43:59 2003] : (228) DM: The sword looks fairly ordinary
[Wed Sep 24 21:44:02 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Wed Sep 24 21:44:08 2003] : (229) Finduilas: At the cloak
[Wed Sep 24 21:44:25 2003] : (228) DM: The cloak, though oiled looks more expensive than a travelling cloak
[Wed Sep 24 21:44:43 2003] : (229) Finduilas: oiled or soiled?
[Wed Sep 24 21:44:51 2003] : (228) DM: oiles
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:10 2003] : (229) Finduilas: oiles??
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:15 2003] : (228) DM: :P
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:16 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc like that helps LMAO
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:21 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas puts the cloak on **
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:38 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas takes a look at the shortsword **
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:41 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:45 2003] : (228) DM: Finduilas feels as warm as though she'd just puton a cloak
[Wed Sep 24 21:45:53 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Sep 24 21:46:17 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas shrugs and puts the sword in her saddlebag **
[Wed Sep 24 21:47:23 2003] : ** (228) DM waits patiently **
[Wed Sep 24 21:47:34 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc All done :P
[Wed Sep 24 21:47:51 2003] : (228) DM: 5 hours to Barcanton
[Wed Sep 24 21:47:56 2003] : (228) DM: it's 8am
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:04 2003] : (232) Farkenella: me packs her stuff, and the urgothel thingimabob
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:14 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella mounts **
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:19 2003] : (228) DM: ooc 3 hours if you go fater than a trot
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:23 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Let's go to Barcanton first, before visiting the grove again
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:23 2003] : (228) DM: faster
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:40 2003] : (228) DM: ooc urugosh
[Wed Sep 24 21:48:57 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc PHB says urgrosh
[Wed Sep 24 21:49:47 2003] : (228) DM: ooc so it does
[Wed Sep 24 21:49:53 2003] : (228) DM: ooc my mistake
[Wed Sep 24 21:50:10 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc But since the DM is always right... ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:50:32 2003] : (228) DM: ooc a freak bolt of lightning hits Finduilas
[Wed Sep 24 21:51:11 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc /me falls down, burnt black
[Wed Sep 24 21:51:37 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc Aspen, got track feat ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:52:01 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc I've got the track feat.
[Wed Sep 24 21:52:25 2003] : (232) Farkenella: Aspen, do you mind looking around this body to see if you can just recognize who was here ?
[Wed Sep 24 21:52:42 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc I'd like to finish at 2200 BST if that's alright. Not feeling that great,
[Wed Sep 24 21:52:49 2003] : (227) Aspen: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
[Wed Sep 24 21:52:59 2003] : ** (227) Aspen tries to examine tracks. **
[Wed Sep 24 21:53:28 2003] : (228) DM: There are boot prints around the area, two sets
[Wed Sep 24 21:53:29 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ooc ok with me, then we can just meet the others in Barcanton
[Wed Sep 24 21:53:33 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc If you're not feeling well, we'd better, you need to be fit by the weekend ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:54:30 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas saddles up the horses and extinguishes the fire **
[Wed Sep 24 21:54:33 2003] : (228) DM: The prints lead off to the east
[Wed Sep 24 21:55:12 2003] : ** (227) Aspen looks a bit shocked. **
[Wed Sep 24 21:55:19 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Those Duergar are viciously cruel, to torture a man so
[Wed Sep 24 21:55:25 2003] : (227) Aspen: "The heading for the center of the woods!"
[Wed Sep 24 21:55:30 2003] : (229) Finduilas: What's wrong, Aspen?
[Wed Sep 24 21:55:33 2003] : (232) Farkenella: They are, believe me
[Wed Sep 24 21:56:02 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I can't believe we didn't hear a thing, he must have cried out
[Wed Sep 24 21:56:02 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc never mind. Just looked at the map.
[Wed Sep 24 21:56:14 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc KMAO
[Wed Sep 24 21:56:29 2003] : (232) Farkenella: They are hading for the Northwood....
[Wed Sep 24 21:56:33 2003] : (232) Farkenella: heading
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:28 2003] : (228) DM: ooc heading for the hills between you and BNorthwood
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:35 2003] : (232) Farkenella: ok
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:40 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc Softpaw would have noticed. If only I had a char sheet for him...
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:50 2003] : (232) Farkenella: I still believe we should go to Barcanton, we need some answers
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:50 2003] : (229) Finduilas: I doubt they're going for the grove though
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:55 2003] : (228) DM: ooc I always forget about him
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:57 2003] : (232) Farkenella: we have too many questions left unanswered
[Wed Sep 24 21:57:59 2003] : (229) Finduilas: ooc So make one right now ;)
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:20 2003] : (227) Aspen: "Barcanton it is then. But we *must* return to speak with Cedarleaf."
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:25 2003] : (228) DM: ooc he would probably have smelled the blood
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:25 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Yes, we need more information and we need it now
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:28 2003] : (232) Farkenella: we will
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:42 2003] : ** (232) Farkenella trots along the road **
[Wed Sep 24 21:58:55 2003] : (229) Finduilas: Yes, Aspen, we will, right after Barcanton
[Wed Sep 24 21:59:05 2003] : ** (229) Finduilas mounts and follows Farkenella **
[Wed Sep 24 21:59:21 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc Aspen fades away and *pop* disappears.
[Wed Sep 24 21:59:40 2003] : (228) DM: You all reach Barcanton by around 11 am after an easy ride
[Wed Sep 24 21:59:41 2003] : (227) Aspen: ooc G'night everybody.
[Wed Sep 24 21:59:44 2003] : (228) DM: GAME END